PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

ChainsawHands
17-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah, Zoraster's exactly right. There are 5 skaven teams but I've not played one since season 11, which was July of last year. On the other hand there are 5 Nurgle teams and I played one last season and two this season.

groovychainsaw
17-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Both good points. I've got 2 necro teams to myself this season, and I'm sure there are races I've never played in the divisions :-). So maybe the race balance cap doesn't have much impact anymore, so we shouldn't worry about it, apart from the impact on new players. Removing it then makes sense for new players, and keeping it in as a soft cap (prob at 5) just to challenge the more experienced coaches (and stop any '10 orc teams' scenario)?

potatoedoughnut
17-10-2012, 04:53 PM
I think 5 is good for now. In general I think people should be able to play what they want and as has been pointed out with the small divisions the race balance is a bit wonky. For example if all the UW and CDwf slots fill it will still be at least several seasons before I see any of them (unless my plunge to the bottom of the Divs continues). We have 15 divisions so a full race is still only represented in at most 1/3 of the divs.

Kanesuke
17-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Hi, I'm obviously new to the RPS forums, but I would like to join in the next season with an Undead team (they seem less populated at the moment) if that's ok. I just fill in the spreadsheet after posting here, yes? Thanks.

Heliocentric
17-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Hi, I'm new, I would like to join with an Undead teams.

*makes like a Jehovah's witness*
Has anyone talked to you about gang fouling and how it can enrich your life?

Kanesuke
17-10-2012, 07:45 PM
*Pretends not to be in*
Giving or receiving? As far as I can see, fouling is the point of zombies/skeletons being so cheap :-D

chadsexington
17-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Giving or receiving? As far as I can see, fouling is the point of zombies/skeletons being so cheap :-D

I'm fairly certain helio has a slideshow ready to give you an overview of Heliocentric Fouling™.

Nullkigan
17-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Basically if the other guy is having fun, you're not doing enough of it.

Heliocentric
17-10-2012, 08:23 PM
*Pretends not to be in*

I see you are already one of the faithful.

Alistair Hutton
17-10-2012, 08:25 PM
I took block

potatoedoughnut
17-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I took block

I'm disappointed you didn't go with the fire him route, but good choice.

ChainsawHands
17-10-2012, 11:20 PM
I took blockI look forward to him levelling up again and rolling the inevitable double.

Alistair Hutton
18-10-2012, 08:56 AM
I look forward to him levelling up again and rolling the inevitable double.

I will curse Nuffle for a bit then take Pro.

boots468
18-10-2012, 01:32 PM
And lo, did Nuffle decide to shit mightily upon Skydancer and his dice rolls.

After a ridiculous first half which saw two tomb guardians die, a handful of skellies fail their regen or KO rolls and a kicking touchdown against him, the game was put out of its misery at half time as frankly the second half would not have been fun.

Thanks for the game, Skydancer, better luck next time.

Skydancer
18-10-2012, 02:14 PM
No problem mate, blood bowl is harsh, even more when it takes out three of your four top players in two games :l

The Brain
18-10-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm curious how you go about conceding a game. Do you just quit out and what happens to the injuries SPP etc? My current understanding is that Boots would get 2 MVPs and Skydancer none but I don't know what happens with the other effects of the game. As usual Cyanide are not very clear on what happens. Could someone enlighten me?

P.S. Skydancer, that was some rough luck.

Skydancer
18-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Injuries (and possibly SPP gained through the match?) carry on, retiring team gets no MVP and winning team gets two.

cyberpunkdreams
18-10-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm curious how you go about conceding a game. Do you just quit out and what happens to the injuries SPP etc? My current understanding is that Boots would get 2 MVPs and Skydancer none but I don't know what happens with the other effects of the game. As usual Cyanide are not very clear on what happens. Could someone enlighten me?

Not to endorse Cyanide in any way (*cough*), but I'm pretty sure they handle this situation exactly according to the rule book.

ChainsawHands
18-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Not to endorse Cyanide in any way (*cough*), but I'm pretty sure they handle this situation exactly according to the rule book.Not quite: if you concede (for any reason other than having two or fewer players available to set up with) you're supposed to lose any player with 51 or more SPP on a roll of 1-3 on a D6. That would either really suck if it happened on a disconnect, or if they made it not happen on disconnect people would just do that rather than conceding, so I can see why it didn't make it in.

Also I can't find anything about the "giving you 2 more TDs than your opponent" thing that Cyanide does; I suspect this is just done to avoid confusing their software as to why someone has a win but fewer touchdowns. ;-)

Squiz
18-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Also I can't find anything about the "giving you 2 more TDs than your opponent" thing that Cyanide does; I suspect this is just done to avoid confusing their software as to why someone has a win but fewer touchdowns. ;-)Does it always do that? I can only remember cases in which my enemy had not scored at all and I got 2 MVPs and 2 TDs as a default.

ChainsawHands
18-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Does it always do that? I can only remember cases in which my enemy had not scored at all and I got 2 MVPs and 2 TDs as a default.I think it always sets your score to 2 more than your opponent's. It's possible it doesn't actually give you any SPPs for the extra TDs there though, I don't know.

Axler
18-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Well I'm weak all those adds for Chaos Edition seeped into my brain and now I can't help but remember all my happy days of BB (the times I got nuffled have been conveniently forgotten). So I'd like to sign up for the next season, I'd ideally like the play with my personal favs Necro's but I see they are full so hopefully there will be a spot next season if not I'll need to find a new favorite :D.

Heliocentric
18-10-2012, 06:05 PM
I'd ideally like the play with my personal favs Necro's but I see they are full so hopefully there will be a spot next season if not I'll need to find a new favorite :D.
I'll happily step to another race if you'd like.

chadsexington
18-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Is anyone planning on rerolling to underworld? I have a pub uwd team (much, i imagine, like everyone else), and the idea of a two-headed, big-handed, extra-armed goblin is too good to resist.

Zoraster
18-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I'm planning on going Underworld if there is space next season. They've been my first love for a couple of years now.

Groovy having just looked at the racial balance sheet I see you've added them at the bottom of the tier one teams. They should really be in with the lower tier teams as long as it is split into tier one and the rest. Fairly cosmetic, but it is worth flagging up for the unwary newbie that they are closer to Goblin than Skaven despite the numbers suggesting the opposite.

Screwie
18-10-2012, 07:33 PM
I do love underworld. Who needs secret weapons and cheap bribes - mutations are the new cheating!

Maybe we could rearrange the Race Balance sheet so races are grouped into the three tiers?

chadsexington
18-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I'm planning on going Underworld if there is space next season. They've been my first love for a couple of years now.

Groovy having just looked at the racial balance sheet I see you've added them at the bottom of the tier one teams. They should really be in with the lower tier teams as long as it is split into tier one and the rest. Fairly cosmetic, but it is worth flagging up for the unwary newbie that they are closer to Goblin than Skaven despite the numbers suggesting the opposite.

I'm not so sure of that. I'm having a much easier time playing them than I have a goblin team. They have ST access, a handful of bashy players, and still very hard to catch. I can see them being very difficult to play when teams start picking up tackle, but so far, I am 2-0-1 with them.

Also, on a related note, I failed my first animosity roll. On a TD pass. Instead I had to throw it to a downed lineman who was near, hoping for a lucky bounce. A tomb Guardian intercepted it on a 6. FML.

Heliocentric
18-10-2012, 07:59 PM
I'll be respecing too if Axler takes up my offer, I'm thinking something with finesse and an elegant passing game... Flings for example.

Axler
18-10-2012, 08:06 PM
I'll happily step to another race if you'd like.

I would be very grateful for that mate, are you sure it's not a problem though?

mrpier
18-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Woo, Championship division here I come. 1-1 vs El Cubo in Div 1. in a very close match.

The Brain
18-10-2012, 09:10 PM
I'll be respecing too if Axler takes up my offer, I'm thinking something with finesse and an elegant passing game... Flings for example.

*makes like a jedi*

It's not too late for you Helio. You can give up your fouling ways and join us on the Elfy side of the force. (Force in this context being the force of boot connecting with skull)

Heliocentric
18-10-2012, 09:51 PM
I would be very grateful for that mate, are you sure it's not a problem though?

I've been one form of corpse for a many seasons, and I can always wake them out of their tombs at a later season.

*makes like a jedi*

It's not too late for you Helio. You can give up your fouling ways and join us on the Elfy side of the force. (Force in this context being the force of boot connecting with skull)

Can I still foul while simultaneously making the ball float like heavenly vapour?

Zoraster
18-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Also, on a related note, I failed my first animosity roll. On a TD pass. Instead I had to throw it to a downed lineman who was near, hoping for a lucky bounce. A tomb Guardian intercepted it on a 6. FML.

Diving catch is your friend in those all or nothing moments. Avoiding the animosity roll altogether by passing to an empty square next to a DC gobbo can be a useful option, especially when you have skill rerolls for both pass and catch but have used the team RR. Disclaimer: Cyanide probably screwed up the implementation of the rules somewhere so you may want to check it works properly.

Jiiiiim
18-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Jolima smooshed up my zons to win the division I decider 2-0. I played rashly on the basis that if it worked, it worked, when I should have just sat back, but he did play well too, denying me the opportunity to use my dodge. Need more block, more guard, more sidestep.

Screwie
19-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Diving catch is your friend in those all or nothing moments. Avoiding the animosity roll altogether by passing to an empty square next to a DC gobbo can be a useful option, especially when you have skill rerolls for both pass and catch but have used the team RR. Disclaimer: Cyanide probably screwed up the implementation of the rules somewhere so you may want to check it works properly.

Unless the goblin earned an AG boost I would be tempted by Extra Arms over Catch to go with Diving Catch, but yeah DC is awesome for this team. Maybe pick up HMP on a skaven thrower later too.

After playing the goblin team for so long I just love how versatile underworld goblins are even before doubles. Tempted to aim for a couple of Two Heads/Disturbing Presence/Side Step goblins for anti-elf/nuisancing purposes - or a couple with Prehensile Tail/Diving Tackle for similar reasons :)

Heliocentric
19-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Not sure how to indicate this on the spreadsheet but there are 4 chaos teams and I'll be a 5th I will be a Tzeentch themed team, I'm thinking "Changers of Plays"

Nullkigan
19-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Changers of Plays? How original. (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD57C7F7D682BB872&feature=playlist-comment)

(Worth watching, if you're that way inclined. The latter matches, where cKnoor and Ethan have figured out their commentary style and can start making jokes between punches, are really good)

Axler
19-10-2012, 01:29 PM
I've been one form of corpse for a many seasons, and I can always wake them out of their tombs at a later season.

:D

Well my shiny new TV1000 Necro's are ready for the next season then.

Heliocentric
19-10-2012, 01:29 PM
I'll pick something else then you grumpy sod :P

Zoraster
19-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Unless the goblin earned an AG boost I would be tempted by Extra Arms over Catch to go with Diving Catch, but yeah DC is awesome for this team. Maybe pick up HMP on a skaven thrower later too.

DC already makes you effectively AG4 when catching accurate passes so the extra arm is a waste in that context. For the empty square play I still prefer the reroll; a skill reroll trumps an extra point of AG for a specific roll. You should always work on the assumption a team RR won’t be available.

You want to be cautious about investing much in a passing game or you’ll start needing a passing game :) It should be there as the option when plan A fails but for best results you want to be investing the majority of your TV in defence and manoeuvrability.

ChainsawHands
19-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Can I still foul while simultaneously making the ball float like heavenly vapour?You certainly can: you get both Sneaky Git and Dirty Player as regular skills on every single one of your players! (Well, except the tree if you go tree elf.)

Screwie
19-10-2012, 02:15 PM
You want to be cautious about investing much in a passing game or you’ll start needing a passing game :) It should be there as the option when plan A fails but for best results you want to be investing the majority of your TV in defence and manoeuvrability.

Indeed. HMP is an okay fit, being just a single skill on a thrower for emergency plays in a team that is likely to utilise Diving Catch anyway. I'm really not a fan of HMP generally, so that's a lot of qualifiers!

EDIT: Hmm, I blather.

HMP is less of an investment than a full-on thrower, which would need at least 2 more passing skills to become great. HMP alone won't detract much from making him a decent runner too, which is what you really want.

Heliocentric
19-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Sneaky Git and Dirty Player
Only noob foulers bother with those skills. Wrestle, DT, even dodge(to better assist gang fouls) but Dirty player/sneaky git? Bleh, bloat.

ChainsawHands
19-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Well sure, skills that do useful things will be better than skills that do fouling, but you get all of those on regular rolls too.

Also you get to feel superior to all the lesser teams with their crappy players who don't even have AG4. ;-)

chadsexington
19-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Only noob foulers bother with those skills. Wrestle, DT, even dodge(to better assist gang fouls) but Dirty player/sneaky git? Bleh, bloat.

Not even DP to free up one of your players? Seems like that could be handy.

Oh, and I found that UWD excel at fouling. Stunty gobbos don't want to be in contact anyway so might as well dodge them over to the soon-to-be corpse laying on the pitch for a nice gang foul

Heliocentric
19-10-2012, 03:30 PM
DP on one player is 20TV wasted. Apart from elves GA players are limited. Sneaky git is a legitimate skill choice for the goblins, flings and (most notably) the goblin on the orc team. It takes 90% of the risk out of those "pie in the sky" fouls like 1 man fouling the treeman.

Squiz
19-10-2012, 06:15 PM
DP on one player is 20TV wasted.Sorry, that's not true. DP is also great on Human and other teams' Linemen, sometimes even alright on a Dwarven Runner. Seems you're forgetting the +1 to injury rolls. If you want extra players out of position, I guess you shouldn't bother though.

Heliocentric
19-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Dirty player has a miniscule effect on the win:lose:both:draw ratio of fouls, sure it's better but half a zombie or a third of a lineman better?

Janek
19-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Thing is, once a lineman/zombie has block (or wrestle) that's pretty much all he needs to be effective. Tackle or whatever is nice but having a DP or two makes a significant difference. Not to mention that it acts as a tactical fear generator - distorting an opponent's play to account for the boot, where they might not for an unaugmented foul.

Even in its modern nerfed incarnation, I've always been a big fan of DP.

Screwie
19-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Dirty player has a miniscule effect on the win:lose:both:draw ratio of fouls, sure it's better but half a zombie or a third of a lineman better?

If you're thinking like that, then the alternative is to use an additional assist, which means using another player - or in other words (typically) another 40k or more.

DP is half that cost at most. And that's ignoring the advantage of not having to take another player out of position to assist.

chadsexington
19-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Got a double on an unleveled underworld blitzer. +1MV/AV or an AG skill.

I'm tempted to add dodge for survivability, or maybe jumpup to make him an eventual killer? Horns/tackle/MB/PO/JU ?

EDIT : now that I think about it, horns and jump up don't really work too well together. Ignore the double and go with guard? Get the dodge and go with guard next level? Maybe thats what I'll do.

Jiiiiim
19-10-2012, 11:03 PM
If you want a pure killer, then Mighty Blow/Tackle/Claw/Piling on/Jump up/anotherskill is your general setup.

Screwie
19-10-2012, 11:46 PM
I would suggest Jump Up, then get Piling On, MB, Claw later. Underworld blitzers tend to be more useful as killers than guards. Although if you want to go with a defensive role, pick up Dodge now and Guard on a normal roll later.

NieA7
19-10-2012, 11:46 PM
As Jiiiiim and Screwie said for the killer, if you want to turn him into a support then go for dodge followed by guard and stand firm - one of the most annoying skill combinations in the game.

Squiz
20-10-2012, 12:02 AM
I'd go with Dodge, maybe Sidestep. Why? It's his first skill. You won't be using Jump Up very often until you get the CPoMB combo going, if you want to develop the player in that direction. With Dodge he'll live much longer (AV8, he's not as tough as a Chaos Warrior or Orc Blitzer) and he'll be more mobile so that he can fulfill his role as a Blitzer. Sidestep would make him more annoying and would allow you to shut down the flanks more easily.

Everblue
20-10-2012, 12:44 PM
I would ignore the double and either take guard or mighty blow.

Zoraster
20-10-2012, 01:37 PM
If you are going the killer route I’d ignore it, especially this early. Jump up is uber-useful but as first skill will seriously slow down development. It means you won’t have the bash trinity until you hit the half century of SPP and you’ll have to write off either horns or whichever you want out of tackle/frenzy altogether unless you reach 176. Personally I always stick with normal skills on the killer. He already has seven normal skills he really needs to take so you can’t get everything even before you get diverted by doubles or stats.

OpT1mUs
20-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Sorry to interrupt, on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0Vre Xc&authkey=CLqFqKgH&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=24 says I'm division N1?

I can't find any forums for divison N , I'm probably blind though...

Janek
20-10-2012, 08:58 PM
N1 just means you're the first new player. You'll be assigned a division appropriately when the next season is drawn (current one is due to end in a couple of days, so probably by the end of next week).

Everblue
20-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Yeah, you'll be assigned to the bottom tier, and we have a live draw over Steam for those interested...!

Heliocentric
20-10-2012, 11:35 PM
ARGH INDESCISION.

I just played a match against strategy Generalissimo Troy Goodfellow with my long neglected Dark Elves and genuinely impressed me with their versatility, grace and brutality.

Ah... What to do.

Heliocentric
20-10-2012, 11:44 PM
I just edited over to delf, but I did it on my mobile and now I'm scared I screwed up my row in the spreadsheet.

Squiz
20-10-2012, 11:48 PM
ARGH INDESCISION.

I just played a match against strategy Generalissimo Troy Goodfellow with my long neglected Dark Elves and genuinely impressed me with their versatility, grace and brutality.

Ah... What to do.Woah, you played Mr. Goodfellow? Who did win?

Heliocentric
21-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Won 2-1, crippled 2 of his players, killed a third. Quite proud of myself, I had help from nuffle to be sure, my assassin was on fire injuring 3 players.

20phoenix
21-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Is Wolfenswan not seeing out the season?

grinn
21-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey somanyrobots, I sent you two messages about our game - did you get them? When do you want to play?

Everblue
21-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Just a reminder that the season ends tomorrow! Can everyone try to get the outstanding games in asap.

Heliocentric
21-10-2012, 05:33 PM
My match vs groovychainsaw is due on tuesday. Sorrys.

The Brain
21-10-2012, 07:21 PM
My game with Alini is set for tomorrow night so we should sneak in before the deadline.

Gorm
21-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Pass block and Long Legs is soooo handy. Must have been annoying to play against. In my last match for this season it was Skaven on Skaven. With the opposing team having a slightly higher TV than mine. After many injuries and turns of fortune the match ended on 3-2 for me, scoring the last turn after a successful interception by my new most annoying player and he then passed it to another gutter runner who ran it in unopposed.

El Cubo
21-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Pass block and Long Legs is soooo handy.

I'm happy to see that combination work!

NieA7
21-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. The Dwarven Giants (Dwarf, Indefatigable Snoozer)

The bruising first match of the season against Grinn's Orcs had decimated Tooth and Claw,and a frustrating draw against somanyrobots Necro's did little to improve matters. With only 1 point of the board it looked grim going into the last match against a dwarf team that has more mighty blow than players (not to mention an agility 5 runner and an average speed slightly in excess of my supposedly-speedy Necro's). One problem against Grinn had been running out of zombies, so I hired a couple more to take me to 15 players (hopefully allowing a few fouls along the way) and used the rest of the inducements to get a wizard and a babe.

Claw won the toss and chose to kick. A heavily asymmetric setup encouraged the dorfs to push down the left flank, which they duly did while building a hefty cage. Responding quickly the wights and golems hemmed the dorfs in, and despite the temptation the wizard was held back in favour of blitzing off the corners and stopping any further advance. An unlucky dorf blitz failed to open a hole through the undead lines, forcing the carrier to retreat to the scrimmage. A few more turns of indecisive pushing and shoving finally gave Claw a small opening - the wizard was called in and successfully knocked down the carriers two escorts, allowing a wolf to blitz him down, grab the ball and run for it. With the re-roll already used but the unskilled wolf still blitzable a single GFI for freedom was attempted and inevitably failed, making it more or less impossible for either team to score in the first half. All that was left was to badly hurt the Ag5 freak and smash the ankle of one of the slayers, who was successfully apo'd back into the match.

Receiving in the second Claw went for a quick touchdown. Piling down the left side of the field in the driving rain the ball was secured and the wolves positioned for a TD attempt. The dorfs successfully pressured the screen and the blitz to free the wolves ate a re-roll. Needing a 4+ catch and GFI to score the Necro's took the chance anyway (too many dorfs waddling towards them) and lucked out: 1-0 to Claw with 7 turns to play.

Despite a second asymmetrical setup the dorfs had learned from the tough first half and opted to push straight through the middle (this time in the bright sun - weather really couldn't make its mind up). KO'ing a couple of zombies early on gave them an edge, as did surviving a couple of (rather optimistic) wolf attacks. Pushing to score quickly the dorfs spent an agonising few turns just outside the end zone - first falling a square short despite 2 GFI's, then not having quite enough move to blitz the fleeing ghoul and recover the ball, before finally successfully picking it up in two tackle zones but failing a dodge to score. This spilled the ball into the crowd who chucked it back to the middle of the pitch, where the ghoul managed to pick it up and pass it upfield to ensure the dorfs couldn't score in the final turn, leaving it 1-0 to Claw at full time.

It was a tight match all through, with both sides failing crucial rolls at different moments. Despite all the mighty blow the Necro's suffered remarkably few KO's and injuries (all confined to zombies and mostly regenerated) while the dorf's suffered 3 injuries including the outright death of a slayer late on in the match. Foul-pocalypse never happened but the golems did sterling work screening off the field, allowing the wolves and ghoul to do their thang. Just to put the icing on the cake Claw even picked up three levels, one of a wight, one on a ghoul and one on a wolf - reckon I must be due a few stat-ups and doubles by now...

Alistair Hutton
21-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Mr Potatoe Doughnut and I played a game in division 1. It was gloriously foolish. His initial drive splinteered almost immeadiately but somehow despite 240,000,000 blocks against the ball carrying Wight the Army could not put him down. So he put himself down with a dodge that ended up Badly Hurting him out of the game. The army then couldn't get the ball free so it was 0 - 0 at half time. Into the secmnd half and the army caged up. Lucked out and avoided being taken down by a Wold. Smashed the wolf's head open. Sent a thirs undead to the injury box and two to the KO box and eventually ran in a TD with 3 turns left. Slick play and the army failing two dodges with rerolls on 2 seperate turns allowed the still functional doggie to run in the TD to tie the game 1 - 1.

AgP
22-10-2012, 02:24 AM
Division D, week 2 (belated match report)

Agathis Avengers (me, Wood Elf)vs Int'He Night Guardians (Heliocentric, Necromantic)

The huge TV difference gave Helio over 600,000 worth of inducements, which were used on bribes, a babe and the beast that is Ramtut the third. This was the second time that this game was attempted due to my computer apparently not liking the way the moon was lined up with the stars or something and randomly crashing. However with no hardware or software changes beforehand, the inevitable conclusion was reached: Cyanide.

In perfect blood bowl weather, the game began with the elves kicking off mid-way into the Necro half. The line of scrimmage bashing commenced, but was short lived as Ramtut III (who had looked very handy in the first attempt to play this game) proceeded to roll double skulls, followed by, you guessed it, double skulls. This allowed an AG5 catcher to get to the ball and make the pick-up, supported by a wardancer. The nearby ghoul was able to knock down the catcher, make the pick-up and a dodge, but in attempting to escape danger further, failed the GFI despite a team re-roll. This allowed the catcher to pick himself up, then the ball and lastly hand-off to the wardancer who ran home for the score.

Things got worse for the Night Guardians as the next, even deeper, kick-off led to a blitz and elves aplenty poured into the Necro half. The werewolf rushed back to stop the elven tide and flattened a catcher, before Nuffle showed their comedic side. The werewolf failed the pick-up before catching the ball as it bounced of the prone body of the aforementioned catcher! This turnover allowed the weight of elves to tell as the werewolf was stunned by the wardancer, before the AG5 catcher picked himself up off the turf, picked up the ball (handily placed on the goal-line) and made it 2-0 to the avengers after just 4 turns.

The third Necro drive drive began more promisingly as the sure handed ghoul was able to make the pick-up and hand-off to the werewolf. A cage was formed and the Night Guardians advanced down the elven right flank. Elves threw themselves at the cage resulting in several stuns, but time was starting to run out to move the cage in range before the half expired. The werewolf made a break for the goal-line with only two elves in a position to cover but aided by the thrower safety, a wardancer was able to stun the wolf and recover the ball. The zombie marker was blitzed clear by the thrower leaving the wardancer free to advance. However with time running out, only one scoring option was possible and a prone line elf lying just past half way staggered to his feet and moved to within 1 GFI of the TD line. The wardancer moved forward and spiralled the ball into the line elfs' hands. Despite two Night Guardians getting back, the line elf stayed on his feet and needed to make two dodges and a GFI to score. He made short work of the dodges, raced towards the line and promptly failed the GFI. Fortunately the recently acquired third re-roll was successful and the half ended 3-0 to the Avengers.

The second half started with a riot, giving the Night Guardians even less time to mount a comeback and the Avengers set up to employ the passing game. A failed catch led to a midfield scuffle, but with more elves in the vicinity, the ball was recovered and thrown to an open wardancer on the opposite flank. However the isolated wardancer was promptly sent from the pitch on a stretcher by a Necro double team. The Night Guardians advanced down the wing to good effect and looked likely to register a score before the end of the match. However within spitting distance of the line the elven defenders knocked the ball free and after a brief melee, managed to pick up the ball and work it safely away from the Night Guardian players. A small amount of bashing ended the game. 3-0 to the Avengers.

Thanks to Helio for being good company throughout and taking the loss in good grace. He was unlucky with armour rolls all through the game and it's worth highlighting that his 9 fouls resulted in precisely zero broken players! This allowed me to have 11 players on the pitch at the start of every drive and thus the inducements (for the huge TV difference) didn't compensate for the difference in player levels.

Dentharial
22-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Adminny people!

In Div E, Karandraz and I were meant to get our game in last night. Unfortunately, fate conspired against us, and the next time we can meet is Thursday evening.

Is it alright to get an extension until then? From the spreadsheet, it looks like quite a lot of people aren't done yet, so I'm hoping we won't be the only ones holding up the season end.

Heliocentric
22-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks to Helio for being good company throughout and taking the loss in good grace. He was unlucky with armour rolls all through the game and it's worth highlighting that his 9 fouls resulted in precisely zero broken players! This allowed me to have 11 players on the pitch at the start of every drive and thus the inducements (for the huge TV difference) didn't compensate for the difference in player levels.It was a fun game, I don't demand the dead elves, simply the opportunity to try to break them I mean, some games the opposition wont even lie down for me to foul them.

In other news, my team reset schizophrenia has settled down and I will be fielding a High Elf Team called Tzeentchian Ambition... Yes, High Elves not Dark Elves, why chaos worshippers? Because who else fits the smug arrogance of Tzeentch than high elves? No-one that's who.

Edit: Any suggestions on the team makeup. I'm thinking 2 catchers, 1 thrower, both blitzers, 2 rerolls and a single cheerleader.

ChainsawHands
22-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Pro elf linemen are cheaper if you want to foul with them... ;-)

Taking both blitzers is a must. I'd probably go 2 blitzers 8 linemen 1 thrower so I could afford to start with 3 rerolls, but if you want to start with the catchers don't waste money on the cheerleader, save it towards an apothecary.

Screwie
22-10-2012, 11:36 AM
in other news, my team reset schizophrenia has settled down and i will be fielding a high elf team called tzeentchian ambition... Yes, high elves not dark elves, why chaos worshippers? Because who else fits the smug arrogance of tzeentch than high elves? No-one that's who.

YOU'RE HURTING MY LORE BRAIN.

I don't have much experience with high elves but Hands' setup seems solid. Absolutely take both blitzers, regardless.

Heliocentric
22-10-2012, 11:37 AM
you're hurting my lore brain.

Remember, the world of Bloodbowl is different "there is only war" doesn't fly here. Heres my team description.

Chaos worshippers are not all 'Evil' and bloodthirsty, some hedonists or desperate. But Tzeetch's followers mostly believe they are in control of their own path. Not so with these players who have willingly conceded to their fate for the 'betterment of the world', they believe that Nuffle is non other than the Changer of Ways himself and what better way to serve him than to lie themselves on his altar of his public spectacle.

Taking both blitzers is a must. I'd probably go 2 blitzers 8 linemen 1 thrower so I could afford to start with 3 rerolls

Yes, this probably suits best. Thanks for the tip, catchers can wait.

Screwie
22-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Remember, the world of Bloodbowl is different "there is only war" doesn't fly here. Heres my team description.

ARRGH YOU'RE MAKING IT WORSE!

Of all Chaos followers, Tzeentchian devotees are the ones who are absolutely dead certain they are not in control of their own destiny - because they know the guy who is.

Also you don't mention high elves once. :P

Tzeetnch as Nuffle is a good concept, although potentially Nuffle-baiting. :)

Heliocentric
22-10-2012, 11:58 AM
ARRGH YOU'RE MAKING IT WORSE!Okay, I'll admit that I just feel that the brutishness of even the dark elves suites less than a team that is about arrogant grace and mind boggling passing.

Of all Chaos followers, Tzeentchian devotees are the ones who are absolutely dead certain they are not in control of their own destiny - because they know the guy who is.

Also you don't mention high elves once. :P

Tzeetnch as Nuffle is a good concept, although potentially Nuffle-baiting. :)Well, high up Tzeetnch followers know that, but the more disposable ones are more based on ambition or a lust for power, thinking they can achieve greatness. These guys are not mages or politicians, them being high elves should certainly be addressed but I'm not sure how to work it in.

Edit: Now I need a naming convention, i'm thinking autonames plus middle name quoted nicknames based on Tzeetnchian concepts.

Everblue
22-10-2012, 12:17 PM
My high elf team started with the Patented Chainsawhands No Catcher Build, and it worked out pretty well. I would say however that it's a long term build - I'm now 16 matches into this team's life and that's more than five divisions of death seasons.

I really struggled with having a max MV of 7 for the first few games, and the catchers are very very fragile until they have two skills on them. I still only have three catchers, and the third doesn't have any defensive skills as yet.

Unless you are willing to commit to the team for a couple of years, you might prefer to go for something a bit more aggressive - your 2 catcher roster seems to have more bang out of the box.

ChainsawHands
22-10-2012, 12:36 PM
It's maybe a bit of a longer term roster, but rerolls are the only thing that gets more expensive so it's overall quicker to get them first, and it means you've got AV8 on everyone for the first couple of matches when you don't have an apothecary. Also while high elf catchers aren't as awesome as the pro elf ones they're still fairly easy to skill up, so assuming you're going to play the team for a while it can be quite good to get the SPP on other players for a bit until the catchers show up and steal all the TDs.

Admittedly starting with 8 linemen does mean there's a chance you'll end up with too many players (16 once you've bought 4 catchers + the other thrower), but only if nobody dies, and lack of casualties is rarely an issue with elf teams...

They're both pretty solid starting rosters though, you should be fine with either.

Heliocentric
22-10-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm all about banging boxes, I'll need to think about it.

Squiz
22-10-2012, 12:52 PM
Is it alright to get an extension until then? From the spreadsheet, it looks like quite a lot of people aren't done yet, so I'm hoping we won't be the only ones holding up the season end.*Looks at the spreadsheet* Huh, that's a lot of outstanding games, even with subtracting the ~4-5 games that are planned for tonight and tomorrow and drop-outs. Come on people, get your games in!

ChainsawHands
22-10-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm all about banging boxes, I'll need to think about it.Or go pro elf, you can have 2 blitzers (better than high elf blitzers), 2 catchers (best in the game), a thrower (not quite as good as the high elf thrower) and three rerolls, with almost no downsides!

Heliocentric
22-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Or go pro elf, you can have 2 blitzers (better than high elf blitzers), 2 catchers (best in the game), a thrower (not quite as good as the high elf thrower) and three rerolls, with almost no downsides!

Armour isn't as pretty. I'll think about it.

ChainsawHands
22-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Armour isn't as pretty. I'll think about it.Yeah, when playing a pro elf team it does help to really hate elfs so you can celebrate every time one of them breaks. ;-)

Axler
22-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Yeah, when playing a pro elf team it does help to really hate elfs so you can celebrate every time one of them breaks. ;-)

I tried that but then I found myself doing a 2 die against blitz on a Mino with a elf thrower. I think it's possible to hate them a little too much. :D

President Weasel
22-10-2012, 02:39 PM
By this evening, the outstanding-game-not-played-yetters better have:

1) played their game and updated the spreadsheet;
2) organised their game for soon and posted here to ask for an extension;
3) agreed with their opponent to have an admin draw;
4) be scheduled against someone who has dropped out, in which case you should also post here about it.

If you haven't done one of those things, I am highly likely to check the thread for your group, work out who if anyone made the best good-faith efforts to arrange a match, and set the results to my liking using the admin tool, which cannot be unset even by other admins who have more patience than I do.

Get your games in, damn your eyes. Also, harrumph.

ChainsawHands
22-10-2012, 02:41 PM
You're not the President of me!

Squiz
22-10-2012, 02:43 PM
I tried that but then I found myself doing a 2 die against blitz on a Mino with a elf thrower. I think it's possible to hate them a little too much. :DDepending on the situation I am in, I would totally be cool with doing that. Defender Stumbles, Pow, Both Down are all in your favour, your Catcher can always stand up the next turn. Chances are, the Mino can't. Also, Elves lying down are safe from Blocks. ;) No really, the ground is a saffffffe place.

Heliocentric
22-10-2012, 03:10 PM
No really, the ground is a saffffffe place.

Hello, have we met?

Squiz
22-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Hello, have we met?That's the joke...

ChainsawHands
22-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Helio [...] his 9 fouls resulted in precisely zero broken players!The ground is a safe place. ;-)

Heliocentric
22-10-2012, 03:31 PM
The ground is a safe place. ;-)

I cut you.

Gorm
22-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Has anyone validated my skaven on skaven match in div E? I really want to see if my bastard stormvermin has rolled a double. Currently he has st 4, block, tackle, guard, mighty blow. I want claw. Any suggestions if he doesnt get a double?

President Weasel
22-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Piling on, obviously.

And I will admin your match around 8 this evening, if the others don't get there first.

ChainsawHands
22-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Stand firm or frenzy would be my choices.

Screwie
22-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Shadowing, or maybe Strip Ball.

Get your games in, damn your eyes. Also, harrumph.

It's been a lousy season for me, this. Technical issues interrupted my second game and my week abroad meant I had to forfeit it, now it appears as though my third game isn't happening either. :(

President Weasel
22-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Stand firm or frenzy would be my choices.

Actually, those are perfectly valid choices. He's right.
Frenzy should work well with your rat ogre and give you the possibility of four-square crowdsurfing, while stand firm synergises nicely with guard, since your opponent can't simply shunt your guard player away and remove the effect.

I'd still go piling on though.

Gorm
22-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Oh strip ball and frenzy could be good choices. I dont have a rat ogre at the moment, he never performed for me then died so i never bought a new one. I should get another one really, he was a good distraction for people to hit. I'm not a big fan of piling on in a skaven team since they have hardly any strength access i need him to be standing up to give me guarding help.

Everblue
22-10-2012, 04:58 PM
I think with that particular stormvermin, such a valuable piece, you want to control where he ends up. Frenzy is great, but it could get him into trouble. I'd go for piling on too.

That said, stand firm is one of those skills which I'm aware that I consistently undervalue. Maybe on a skaven team the 'vermin are the only piece reliable enough to be a roadblock?

President Weasel
22-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Skaven, more than many other teams, perform massively better when outnumbering the enemy (and worse when outnumbered, although if you can keep a couple of GR's alive and on the pitch there's always the chance of sneaking a touchdown).
I'd recommend making killer stormvermin and taking the rat ogre too.

Str4 +Frenzy + naturally high skaven movement means your opponent will start to avoid the sidelines, which gives your Gunners more scampering room.
Mighty Blow and Piling On will allow you to maim opponents into the casualty box, giving your gutter runners more scampering room and allowing your other players to start double teaming the remaining enemy players.

20phoenix
22-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Skaven, more than many other teams, perform massively better when outnumbering the enemy (and worse when outnumbered, although if you can keep a couple of GR's alive and on the pitch there's always the chance of sneaking a touchdown).
I'd recommend making killer stormvermin and taking the rat ogre too.

Str4 +Frenzy + naturally high skaven movement means your opponent will start to avoid the sidelines, which gives your Gunners more scampering room.
Mighty Blow and Piling On will allow you to maim opponents into the casualty box, giving your gutter runners more scampering room and allowing your other players to start double teaming the remaining enemy players.

It depends on what you currently use him for. If you blitz with him regularly and dont intend on getting the ogre get frenzy. If he's blocking more than blitzing I'd leave frenzy as its easy for your opponent to pull him away from the play as often you aren't picking where the opponent you are hitting is in relation to the ball. If you're blocking i'd prefer either stand firm, piling on or an off the wall suggestion - break tackle? Makes him a more mobile guard piece?

mrpier
22-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Break tackle to get that guard where you want it.

Edit: Damn :)

20phoenix
22-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Hohoho!!

President Weasel - I believe Wolfenswan has upped and left so my game is still outstanding.

ChainsawHands
22-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Has anyone validated my skaven on skaven match in div E? I really want to see if my bastard stormvermin has rolled a double. Currently he has st 4, block, tackle, guard, mighty blow. I want claw. Any suggestions if he doesnt get a double?Match validated.

President Weasel
22-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Hohoho!!

President Weasel - I believe Wolfenswan has upped and left so my game is still outstanding.

Unless Graever and 20Phoenix don't insist on playing the games against me I'd like to opt out the reason of the season and take a BB break afterwards. I'm not enjoying the game as much as I used to and having shit injury dice with WElf teams didn't help.

Yep, I found the post from him confirming that.
Currently you have 6 points and Lowkey has 3. You beat Lowkey in your match, so you're guaranteed promotion no matter what happens with the Lowkey/Graever match up, so I shall admin your match to 0-0 to match Graever's.

Looks like Lowkey and Graever are trying to have their match this evening, according to the Div H group thread thinger. Good work, Div H.

El Cubo
22-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I want to put my team on a hiatus for a season or two. What's the protocol for that?

Gorm
22-10-2012, 07:52 PM
I dont even know what to do with this damn stormvermin. He rolled a 10, but with a 6 and 4. So i can go a normal skill for him OR +AV or +MV.

President Weasel
22-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Here are the outstanding matches by Division:

Div Champs: Laneford vs Chainsawhands - scheduled for this evening

Div 2: Somanyrobots vs Grinn: they tried to have their match ages ago but Grinn didn't show up (possibly confusion due to time zones. Then 'robots was away for a while; the last post I see says something along the lines of "totally free the week after (i.e. this week) so we can try to get an extension or just take the default". Let us know if you need that extension, fellas. You've got until Tuesday no problem, since Groovy is playing then, and we can probably squeeze Weds in too and maybe even Thurs?

Div A: Alini vs the Brain: scheduled for this evening. Good work, Div A

Div C: Dave vs Screwie: looks like Dave missed a couple of scheduled attempts to play this one, and now they're out of time. They can't do Monday or Tuesday - I am tempted to give the win to Screwie unless they can maybe sort something out for Weds or Thurs?

Div D: AgP vs Kajo is scheduled for today, and Groovy's match is scheduled for tomorrow. Since Groovy is the God King of Admins, I am pretty sure he can have an extension until then :)

Div E: Dentharial vs Karandaz: Looks like they're hoping for an extension til Thursday. I shall refer this one to the Admin Committee.

Div F: chadsexington vs wink5000: looks like they tried to have the match yesterday but couldn't find each other on the Steams. Let us know if you're going to try again before Thursday?

Div G: Dog Pants vs Zenohero: scheduled for this evening. Good work, Div G.

Div H: Graever vs Lowkey: scheduled for this evening.

Div K: mrJoose vs ntw: Looks like an admin draw unless ntw gets back in time to get the game in before Thurs.

Div L: dissident vs Drawlien: Drawlien has posted in the thread to try to organise the match, dissident hasn't (and the indications are they haven't been in touch in Steam or whatever) so unless dissident asks for an extension I'll give an admin win to Drawlien when I do the rest of them (which looks like being Thursday).

So, unless there are any objections from Groovy, let's set Thursday as the absolute drop-dead-line to get your games in or else have them admin-resulted to whatever seems best.

NieA7
22-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Alini and I might need to put our teams into hibernation for a season or two as well - we'll be away (on honeymoon! In Japan! Where Blood Bowl will be quite inconvenient, so I'm not sure it was such a great idea!) from 11th November to 2nd December, so taking part in the next season will depend on how quickly the changeover's worked through.

President Weasel
22-10-2012, 08:03 PM
I dont even know what to do with this damn stormvermin. He rolled a 10, but with a 6 and 4. So i can go a normal skill for him OR +AV or +MV.

Forget all the other shit, give him +AG, and make him a terrifyingly effective receiving threat in the backfield. Anyone who tries to mark him gets a mighty blow punch in the face while you throw to a gutter runner instead, and if they leave him un- or lightly-marked you can ag4 dodge away, str4 mighty blow blitz whoever is trying to mark your gunner, and then throw the ball to the gunner over the twitching body of the marker.

That's my advice, anyway. Also, can I have your team?

Alini and I might need to put our teams into hibernation for a season or two as well - we'll be away (on honeymoon! In Japan! Where Blood Bowl will be quite inconvenient, so I'm not sure it was such a great idea!) from 11th November to 2nd December, so taking part in the next season will depend on how quickly the changeover's worked through.

Hey, congratulations! Good luck, you crazy kids*!

*this is something that old people say to people who are getting married, in films that may only exist in my head.

ChainsawHands
22-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Forget all the other shit, give him +AG, and make him a terrifyingly effective receiving threat in the backfield. Anyone who tries to mark him gets a mighty blow punch in the face while you throw to a gutter runner instead, and if they leave him un- or lightly-marked you can ag4 dodge away, str4 mighty blow blitz whoever is trying to mark your gunner, and then throw the ball to the gunner over the twitching body of the marker.

That's my advice, anyway. Also, can I have your team?This is possibly the worst advice ever.

El Cubo
22-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Alini and I might need to put our teams into hibernation for a season or two as well - we'll be away (on honeymoon!

Congrats!

Forget all the other shit, give him +AG, and make him a terrifyingly effective receiving threat in the backfield.

He rolled 10, not 11.

President Weasel
22-10-2012, 08:22 PM
This is possibly the worst advice ever.

Also he didn't even roll the option, so it's bad advice he can't even take :)

Gorm
22-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I might give him strip ball...

ChainsawHands
22-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Also he didn't even roll the option, so it's bad advice he can't even take :)Oh, if he'd actually rolled the +AG he should totally take it, it's just... well, you figured it out. ;-)

MrJoose
22-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Div K: mrJoose vs ntw: buggered if I know, I can't see anything in the thread about it.

Ahem...

Alas, ntw tells me he is not going to be around for the next 10 days, so he won't be able to play our game. Its an unfortunate end to an odd season for Div K, but can someone admin the game for us?

Although if he is back before thursday i'm happy to still play the game. I want to try out my deathroller damnit!

El Cubo
22-10-2012, 08:40 PM
I might give him strip ball...

Don't you have a gutter runner for those sorts of duties? He seems to have more killer skills now, and I don't think you should mix a ball stripper and a killer.

I'm not sure how you utilize him, but if you're blitzing with him a lot and want to build him into a killer, then frenzy is a good choice. But you would lose some degree of control over him. Then, if you want more of a support and road block type then stand firm is good. Break tackle to to make him more mobile, although that's only +1 improvement to dodges over ag3 and since you can't decide whether to use it or not, it's not as good skill as on TT. Two heads would be superior to break tackle.

MA or AV don't seem like that hot picks to me. He already has high MA and AV is not a very proactive pick. Plus it's totally negated by claw.

So... basically what 20phoenix said ;) I think I'd pick stand firm.

Gorm
22-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Yea i do have a gutter runner with wrestle and strip ball. So i'm probably going to give him stand firm. I will mull it over.

potatoedoughnut
22-10-2012, 08:50 PM
I'd give him +mv, because more move is always good. Otherwise I'd take stand firm as it goes really well with guard, and if they don't manage to knock him down they can't just push him out of base contact so you can hit back.

Also about schedules: it seems our wait time between match days and season starts has gone up a lot recently which makes it harder to predict which weekends need time set aside for BB (being from the US weekends are usually the only viable option).

Maybe we should consider raising the number of days people have to play? Either way it would be nice to see a stricter adherence to the deadlines.

ChainsawHands
22-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Div Champs: Laneford vs Chainsawhands - scheduled for this eveningUnfortunately Laneford's had to concede as his mobile broadband isn't up to downloading the patch. :-/

President Weasel
22-10-2012, 08:54 PM
ah, lovely. I shall amend the thread. Let us know by Thursday if you're going to get the game in.

Everblue
22-10-2012, 09:42 PM
@Next season - Our third child is due on 24 November, and in anticipation I'm cutting down my BB. I'll probably sit out the next DoD season and maybe the one after. I'll still be in the Open and I'll still be on the forum. I'll be back in the divisions at some point. I have marked up the sheet.

laneford
22-10-2012, 09:44 PM
It seems a shitty way to concede a possible championship winning season ( a long shot, but possible) but I can't see any way of downloading this megapatch. I assume its for CE?

Anyway, if I can't play, I'll need to put my team into cryostasis for at least a season, as BT are about as quick as a particularly relaxed snail on ketamine, and aren't scheduled to install my broadband until the 26th November.

Will I have to return in the bottom div? Or I can I restart somewhere in the middle?

groovychainsaw
22-10-2012, 09:50 PM
We'll try to put returning players back in the mix if we can (space permitting), but you might need to give me a big heads up when you're returning so we get you added back in. We probably could do with a different letter code for returning players who want to come back with their original team just so I don't overlook them and put them in the higher divs where possible. Also, gratz to all who are doing things that are great -marriages, births etc. - even if it is dragging you away from blood bowl...;-)

leftfield010
22-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi Guys,

Just been playing Everblue in a game and he said this is a good place to join up for some friendly league play so here i am!

Been playing for about a month afer a 20 year break so i am taking my beatings with good humour.

had a look at everything and think i would like to roll a pro elf team, looks like there is still room for them Will add my details onto the spread sheet and hope to see you across the field soon

Everblue
22-10-2012, 10:10 PM
We'll try to put returning players back in the mix if we can (space permitting), but you might need to give me a big heads up when you're returning so we get you added back in. We probably could do with a different letter code for returning players who want to come back with their original team just so I don't overlook them and put them in the higher divs where possible. Also, gratz to all who are doing things that are great -marriages, births etc. - even if it is dragging you away from blood bowl...;-)

Don't worry about it Groovy - I'm happy to slot in wherever. Or even reroll.

@Lefty - Welcome!

President Weasel
22-10-2012, 10:30 PM
@Next season - Our third child is due on 24 November, and in anticipation I'm cutting down my BB. I'll probably sit out the next DoD season and maybe the one after. I'll still be in the Open and I'll still be on the forum. I'll be back in the divisions at some point. I have marked up the sheet.

Congratulations! Good luck, you crazy kids!

20phoenix
22-10-2012, 10:30 PM
It seems a shitty way to concede a possible championship winning season ( a long shot, but possible) but I can't see any way of downloading this megapatch. I assume its for CE?

Anyway, if I can't play, I'll need to put my team into cryostasis for at least a season, as BT are about as quick as a particularly relaxed snail on ketamine, and aren't scheduled to install my broadband until the 26th November.

Will I have to return in the bottom div? Or I can I restart somewhere in the middle?

I can completely empathise with this. Our company moved HQ last week and are currently running with no phone lines as with 3 months time to prepare from the point the contracts were signed they still failed at getting lines operational. Its not like we pay them the best part of 40k a year or anything......

20phoenix
22-10-2012, 10:39 PM
It doesnt make a huge amount of difference to the league as i'm already promoted but why do I get an admin draw against Wolfenswan? He quit after one game this season.....

Dog Pants
22-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Div G: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 2 - 1 Crunchy Skaven (SKA, Zenohero)

The teams line up on a fine day for the last match of Div G. The imbalance of punchy Khemri vs Rapid Skaven leaves the crowd thirsting for blood and fine dashing plays. But mostly blood. The game begins with the Crunchy Skaven kicking into midfield where Anupshi Rises recover the ball and start to shamble up the pitch. The Skaven are unable to resist, but do slow the advance and cause it to bunch up. As it does a fireball dashes against the cluster of brittle and dry undead, but with little permanent affect. The Khemri play a text-book cage play and slowly grind their way up the pitch, pushing the lighter opponents out of the way like a particularly malodorous snowplough. With attrition taking its toll (although only one rat out for the game) the Anupshi Rises Thro-Ra reaches the touch line with time to spare, so the team hangs about for a little while to beat up the opponent before stepping across to score.

The second half starts promisingly for the Skaven. They receive a short kick from their opponents and use the advantage in speed to hurry a rat right to the touchline in the opening seconds. A couple of back-field skeletons catch the interloper, but failing to observe that the Skaven runner had the Sidestep skill only succeed in pushing him over the line where they meant to send him crowd-surfing.
Having equalised, the Crunchy Skaven return to the field in the knowledge that their opponent now has almost a full half to score again. The nerves show as the kicker drops the ball into the crowd, who give it to a Tomb Guardian for a laugh. The whole Khemri team forms a tight knot around the hulking ball carrier, which proceeds to slowly push a solid line of Skaven down the pitch, leaving a trickle of downed and KOd as it goes. As the crowd begins to get bored of the slow Khemri play, a plucky rat manages to wrestle the overzealous ball carrier to the ground and send the ball free. A scramble ensues, but the sheer volume of undead nearby forces the lighter Skaven off the ball before they can recover it and it is found by the handy Thro-Ra. Throughout the game Nuffle smiled its black-toothed grimace at the Crunchy Skaven, tripping them more often than they had any right to be tripped, and as a finale bounced the last-rat blitz off the bony ribs of the Thro-Ra to allow an end of half winning touchdown.

Coach Dog Pants knows things are grim. Avoiding relegation depends on overall performance against the last opponent, and Khemri aren't known for finesse. Desperate times call for desperate measures. The Coach calls in his assistant, a Goblin on loan from a backwater team playing out of the Bretonian forests. Putting his hat and coat on the puzzled greenskin he hurries him into the tomb of the Pharaowners and hopes for the best. Luck is on his side, and shortly after he sighs in relief as the goblins screams of protests fall silent. The Coach may now have to paint himself green and wear a false nose, but he lives to fight another day. As he once more addresses his team he thanks his luck that the long-dead Khemri think all the living look the same.

chadsexington
22-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Div F: chadsexington vs wink5000: looks like they tried to have the match yesterday but couldn't find each other on the Steams. Let us know if you're going to try again before Thursday?

We played on sunday and I had to bail as my kid was in the process of killing my cat (cats fine, kid failed the armour roll). Since our timezones are vastly different and i'm dropping this team I am electing not to rematch and give him the 2-0 decision. You can validate whenever you please.

somanyrobots
22-10-2012, 11:39 PM
In Div 2, Grinn and I had schedule unmanageability, so we're not going to be able to play our match. If an admin could default it (and in so doing, cement Grinn's promotion to the championship division, congrats! And also my ignominious relegation), that would be good.

Relatedly, I'm going to take a break for at least next season, maybe more. I start at a new job next week, so reclaiming a few hours each week would be helpful. (Plus, a common fate: I've gotten tired generally of managing awkward cross-Atlantic scheduling.)

Graever
22-10-2012, 11:42 PM
So idiot that I am I managed to forget I was supposed to play LowKey tonight :(

Could we maybe have an extension until Wednesday? If not i think LowKey deserves to win this one for actually showing.

AgP
23-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Finished my division D game with Kajo, with a whole hour of the deadline to spare. A really good match, finely balanced and went right to the wire. 1-1 with one turn to go, my AG5 catcher had to make three 2+ dodges (with dodge) and 3 GFI's (with team RR) to score an unlikely winner. He made the dodges look effortless in true elven style, but burned the RR on the first GFI, then failed the second to fall a fraction short. Good fun and could have gone either way, Kajo played well and I had to rely on AG5 elves to get back into the game. Final score: Agathis Avengers 1 - 1 Kajers.

President Weasel
23-10-2012, 01:30 AM
It doesnt make a huge amount of difference to the league as i'm already promoted but why do I get an admin draw against Wolfenswan? He quit after one game this season.....

because it doesn't make a huge difference to the league and because that's what Graver got:

Yep, I found the post from him confirming that.
Currently you have 6 points and Lowkey has 3. You beat Lowkey in your match, so you're guaranteed promotion no matter what happens with the Lowkey/Graever match up, so I shall admin your match to 0-0 to match Graever's.

Looks like Lowkey and Graever are trying to have their match this evening, according to the Div H group thread thinger. Good work, Div H.

So idiot that I am I managed to forget I was supposed to play LowKey tonight :(

Could we maybe have an extension until Wednesday? If not i think LowKey deserves to win this one for actually showing.

Tch. Can Lowkey play that day? If so, you can have an extension. If not, he wins by default for showing up and hanging around for a bit.

Dentharial
23-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Also about schedules: it seems our wait time between match days and season starts has gone up a lot recently which makes it harder to predict which weekends need time set aside for BB (being from the US weekends are usually the only viable option).

Maybe we should consider raising the number of days people have to play? Either way it would be nice to see a stricter adherence to the deadlines.

Speaking as one of the people holding the end of season up, I'm all for tighter adherence to deadlines, and will happily accept an admin draw.

In this particular case, Karandraz had internet troubles and there seemed to be other people also falling behind for one reason or another, so I figured there was no harm in asking about an extension.

Right now we have our match scheduled for Thursday evening, but if the admins are able to wrap things up sooner than that, then just drop a note in the thread and there'll be no hard feelings.

LowKey
23-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Being magnanimous i will forgive you ;-) i can play on wednesday but as i am rerolling i am also happy with the draw if we need to get the season finished earlier

ChainsawHands
23-10-2012, 10:22 AM

Will I have to return in the bottom div? Or I can I restart somewhere in the middle?Yeah, it was a disappointing end, especially when it was a match that actually made a difference - a win would have given you the championship. :-/

Do you know anyone near you who's got LE installed? If they could do the Steam backup / archive thing and stick that on a disc you could probably use that to manually install the patched version.

ChainsawHands
23-10-2012, 10:24 AM
There seems to be a problem with the spreadsheet - it's showing the current season as season 21, but looking at the historical results season 20 was the last one Jiiiiiiiim won, so I think 21 was last season and this should be season 22. Have the results for 21 been lost somehow?

Screwie
23-10-2012, 10:27 AM
This is definitely Season 22. I'm pretty sure Jolima* made a copy of the Season 21 spreadsheet back when we did the draw for this season? I couldn't tell you were to access it though.

(*Not attempting to drop Jolima in it or anything! He did a lot of the work preparing the spreadsheet that night and I am sure I remember him mentioning copying it too. He can confirm/deny/say more.)

Heliocentric
23-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Slightly less offensive to lore brain?

The team 'The Spirits' pledged themselves to Chaos to help them win a match which would decide the fate of their home town 'The Spirits' received vague omens which likened to the approval of a lesser being.

When the match was played they could do no right despite epic efforts, the ball slipped from their hands, the match was lost and the invaders took the town without bloodshed and exiled the team.

On the journey to a nearby city the team received visions telling them this was as planned as had they won the invaders would have broken their pact to resolve the game by Bloodblowl and that not a lesser being but Tzeentch itself answered the call.

Also, went pro elves, noted it in the sheet the other day.

ChainsawHands
23-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Also, went pro elves, noted it in the sheet the other day.Good choice, elfs are awesome. 2 blitzers 2 catchers 1 thrower 3 rerolls, I assume?

mrpier
23-10-2012, 12:44 PM
With their cheaper linemen they can almost afford to foul a bit too.

MrJoose
23-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Just had a thought. Currently Xenny is at the top of Div K, and depending on whether ntw returns in time he may end up in second place. Seeing as Xenny is retiring and ntws is a filler team, how does that work as far as promotions and suchlike?

ChainsawHands
23-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Just had a thought. Currently Xenny is at the top of Div K, and depending on whether ntw returns in time he may end up in second place. Seeing as Xenny is retiring and ntws is a filler team, how does that work as far as promotions and suchlike?Don't ask man, it's too complicated for human comprehension!

I believe groovy does all the promotions and such and then takes out the leavers and shuffles people up appropriately.

cyberpunkdreams
23-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Is there any word on whether the final Div L match is going to happen? I'm just curious.

groovychainsaw
23-10-2012, 02:26 PM
The promotions system will be done on the best second place across the tier, in case of a missing player, so this will be the person with the next highest points, or highest TV to break a tie. The tier system makes this a bit easier for me to sort out than it did before, as there's at least 4 candidates for a promotion if the top player is missing.

Heliocentric
23-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Good choice, elfs are awesome. 2 blitzers 2 catchers 1 thrower 3 rerolls, I assume?

That or 11 linemen, conflicted. That much bastard in that little TV would be hard to argue with. But probably 2,2,1,3 as suggested.

MrJoose
23-10-2012, 05:17 PM
The promotions system will be done on the best second place across the tier, in case of a missing player, so this will be the person with the next highest points, or highest TV to break a tie. The tier system makes this a bit easier for me to sort out than it did before, as there's at least 4 candidates for a promotion if the top player is missing.

Aah, I see, so it's the best of the tier that move, not the specific divisions? That's good, Div K could be a bit messy otherwise.

Squiz
23-10-2012, 06:23 PM
That or 11 linemen, conflicted. That much bastard in that little TV would be hard to argue with. But probably 2,2,1,3 as suggested.11 linemen will get your whole team murderised. You desperately need the Block and Dodge.

Everblue
23-10-2012, 06:52 PM
There was a team of dark elf linemen in my other league this season. It didn't go well in the end, although they levelled up several linemen and have cash in the bank to buy their blitzers. So, long term, it might turn out to be awesome.

I think it's different for pro elves though - having AV7 means that even skilled linos are pretty squashy!

mrpier
23-10-2012, 07:10 PM
If some gentleman among the admins could validate my match against El Cubo in Div. 1 I'd be much obliged. I think I have a couple of skillups for my rathounds.

Screwie
23-10-2012, 08:00 PM
11 linemen will get your whole team murderised. You desperately need the Block and Dodge.

For Pro Elves, 2 blitzers, 9 linemen would be the bare minimum. Same for High Elves, actually.

(And neither of them get Dodge anyway...)

El Cubo
23-10-2012, 08:11 PM
I think I have a couple of skillups for my rathounds.

Rat bastards more like!

potatoedoughnut
23-10-2012, 08:57 PM
For Pro Elves, 2 blitzers, 9 linemen would be the bare minimum. Same for High Elves, actually.

(And neither of them get Dodge anyway...)

Agreed. I can't see any reason not to take the blitzers.

Jolima
23-10-2012, 11:04 PM
This is definitely Season 22. I'm pretty sure Jolima* made a copy of the Season 21 spreadsheet back when we did the draw for this season? I couldn't tell you were to access it though.

(*Not attempting to drop Jolima in it or anything! He did a lot of the work preparing the spreadsheet that night and I am sure I remember him mentioning copying it too. He can confirm/deny/say more.)

Alas, no. I realized too late that no backup had been taken and did something to try restoring it which didn't work out for some reason. I think I've realized better how to use the actual stored revisions in google docs now though, and narrowed it down to one of the last Sep 17 versions being what we want. I think we can get it back again from there, but it's probably best if no one touches the spreadsheet while that's happening. I'm busy for most evenings this week, but could try doing it at some point if no one else gets to it first.

With all the discussion of new teams, I've been wondering how people usually go about building a fresh team? Myself, I tend to count out the cost of 11 linemen and write down the price for each potential 'upgrade' from there in units of 10k before picking something together. For instance here are the notes for my current Nurgle team:

Nurgle - 56

4 - reserve
7 - reroll

4 - Pestigor 4 16
7 - Warrior 4 28
10- Beast 1 10

alt: 4 rerolls, 2 warriors, 2 left

Ie. You have 56(0k) to spend after getting 11 rotters. A reserve costs 4, a reroll 7, upgrading a rotter to a pestigor is 4, to a warrior is 7 and to a beast is 10. To the right is the build I went with (4 Pestigors for 16, 4 Warriors for 28, 1 Beast for 10). And below is the reroll heavy extreme that I was also considering. How are the rest of you doing it?

groovychainsaw
23-10-2012, 11:26 PM
I have a spreadsheet in GDocs for every race, natch, so i can play with numbers. Haven't used it for a while, mind :-)

In other news, I've adminned all the games I can tonight, I'll be tidying up later in the week so if everyone can be all sorted by this THURSDAY NIGHT I'll get everything set for the live draw over the weekend for the next season!

NieA7
23-10-2012, 11:39 PM
I tend to start from how many re-rolls I want as a minimum (usually 3, 4 for stunty-esque teams, 2 for teams that start with high Ag or lots of block, dodge and sure hands) and which positionals I think are really key. With that in place I work out how I can spend the leftovers, assuming there are any. For Necro I earmarked 3 re-rolls, 2 golems and 2 wights as being the core of the team. That's 210 for the re-rolls and 400 for the positionals, giving me 390 spare and 7 players still to go. 7 zombies would set me back 280, leaving 110 for upgrades at a cost of 80 per wolf and 30 per ghoul - a neat 1 of each.

Some races don't work this way as they're just too expensive (Nurgle for one, starting with the beast and 4 warriors as I'd prefer rules out 3 rerolls), at which point I'll turn it around and work it out from 11 linemen up, but the reason I try to avoid that is I'm terrible at resisting the temptation to go for players instead of re-rolls.

20phoenix
24-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Alas, no. I realized too late that no backup had been taken and did something to try restoring it which didn't work out for some reason. I think I've realized better how to use the actual stored revisions in google docs now though, and narrowed it down to one of the last Sep 17 versions being what we want. I think we can get it back again from there, but it's probably best if no one touches the spreadsheet while that's happening. I'm busy for most evenings this week, but could try doing it at some point if no one else gets to it first.

With all the discussion of new teams, I've been wondering how people usually go about building a fresh team? Myself, I tend to count out the cost of 11 linemen and write down the price for each potential 'upgrade' from there in units of 10k before picking something together. For instance here are the notes for my current Nurgle team:

Nurgle - 56

4 - reserve
7 - reroll

4 - Pestigor 4 16
7 - Warrior 4 28
10- Beast 1 10

alt: 4 rerolls, 2 warriors, 2 left

Ie. You have 56(0k) to spend after getting 11 rotters. A reserve costs 4, a reroll 7, upgrading a rotter to a pestigor is 4, to a warrior is 7 and to a beast is 10. To the right is the build I went with (4 Pestigors for 16, 4 Warriors for 28, 1 Beast for 10). And below is the reroll heavy extreme that I was also considering. How are the rest of you doing it?

I take the positionals I feel are essential (players with block/dodge tend to be on this list) pad out the team with fodder then figure out from there the combination of rerolls/luxury positionals/apo I want to go with.

potatoedoughnut
24-10-2012, 02:36 AM
Advice time!

My MVP hog zombie has just hit level 4. He already has block and guard and if it wasn't for the guard I would fire him, but I currently don't want to lose the guard and I only have 1 other skilled zombie at the moment so the block is valuable as well.

So I need to pick a skill. I'm thinking fend, or possibly dauntless or pro. Tackle is a possibility too I guess.

Anyone have advice on what to pick?

mrpier
24-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Got a gutter runner with +1 AG, Wrestle, Strip Ball and now Leap as well. He will get tackle or maybe dauntless next. Also gave my Accurate, +1AG thrower block for some protection and utility.

NieA7
24-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Sounds like I'd not have enough time to fit my last match in before I'm off, how should I indicate a temporary withdrawal on the spreadsheet?

Advice time!Anyone have advice on what to pick?

I've not got any guard on my zombies, but I have found the block/fend zombie surprisingly useful - coupled with stand firm/sidestep on the positionals it can really mess up the other side's blocking. I like the idea of dauntless but skills that encourage more dice rolling can be bad news, and given this is the guard zombie it'd arguably be more useful on every other zombie IYSWIM.

Heliocentric
24-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Tackle is a passive skill which suits well. Pro suits there status as "the last player you move", essentially a budget sure feet for marking, or converting push, push into something deadlier. Frenzy is more for golem.

Pro also gives jump up a shot in the arm as a possible future double.

LowKey
24-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Lowkey is sheepel and does what coach tells him

Screwie
24-10-2012, 11:06 AM

I think with the zombie's lack of speed and agility, I would go Fend. It will keep him alive longer and allow you to move the Guard piece around without first having to dodge away.

ChainsawHands
24-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Lowkey is sheepel and does what coach tells himThat's basically my plan, he's probably already worked out a bunch of starting rosters (http://bbtactics.com/strategy/rosters/) for you, so you can pick one of those without having to bother will all those tedious numbers. ;-)

President Weasel
24-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Here are the outstanding matches by Division - now updated with updates

Div Champs: Laneford vs Chainsawhands - looks like this will be impossible to play by Thursday, so it will need to be set to a draw. Shame.

Div 2: Somanyrobots vs Grinn: did you guys manage to arrange a match, or do we set this to a draw?

Div E: Dentharial vs Karandaz: Looks like they're hoping for an extension til Thursday. I shall refer this one to the Admin Committee - update: I haven't seen any flaming torches or acid-soaked bricks, or flaming acid-soaked bricks, so it looks like Thursday is cool.

Div H: Graever vs Lowkey: - did you guys manage to arrange a match for today? Otherwise Lowkey gets the win due to Graever "pulling a Dave".

Div K: mrJoose vs ntw: Looks like an admin draw unless ntw gets back in time to get the game in before Thurs.

Div L: dissident vs Drawlien: haven't seen owt from Dissident so looks like Drawlien gets a win tomorrow.

All other matches are either played or already admin-resulted. So we have one match scheduled for Thursday, a couple of possibles, a couple where I am leaving it to the last minute in the hope that ntw gets back in time or Laneford gets the patch somehow, and one that hasn't been adminned yet in case Dissident suddenly appears.

LowKey
24-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Hopefully playing tonight after Chaos edition wouldn't connect last night

LowKey
24-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Righto, we disconnected early in the second half which is a shame as it had been a good game up till then, I'll be playing board rather than computerised games tomorrow night so I think we can call this one an admin draw, sorry for holding everything up

President Weasel
24-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Admin draw, you say? Admin draw it is then...

/wrestles with cyanide
/wins!

somanyrobots
25-10-2012, 12:08 AM
Div 2: Somanyrobots vs Grinn: did you guys manage to arrange a match, or do we set this to a draw?

Haven't seen Grinn; I believe he's been busy, and I've been busier than expected this week myself. Go ahead and admin it.

President Weasel
25-10-2012, 07:54 AM
cheers 'robots, done.

President Weasel
25-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Here are the outstanding matches by Division - now updated with updates to the previous updates

Div Champs: Laneford vs Chainsawhands - setting this to an admin draw

Div 2: Somanyrobots vs Grinn: set to a draw this morning

Div E: Dentharial vs Karandaz: playing this evening, I believe

Div H: Graever vs Lowkey: - disconnected, set to a draw

Div K: mrJoose vs ntw: setting this to a draw

Div L: dissident vs Drawlien: Disappearing Dissident defaults to Drawlien

All matches bar Dentharial v Karandaz now have results, and it only remains to wait for the end of their match and then go through and hit end season (which I am NOT going to do, since I am not entirely sure what that button does).

Dentharial
25-10-2012, 08:19 PM
I'll make this quick since I'm sure the admins are waiting to pounce.

Aggressive Negotiation (Karandraz, Liz) VS Da Blu Moonz (Dentharial, Orcs)

Serious thanks to everyone for waiting for us, because this was one of the most fun matches I've had in a long, long time.

In the first 7 block dice I rolled, 5 of them were skulls. Notably the opening pair were double-skulls, with the reroll lonered by the troll. Despite all that, I still managed to KO a full 3 saurus and the krox off the pitch before the end of the first half, but didn't manage to make enough ground to score.

All of them then recovered for the second half.

There was a bit of a scrabble around the ball at the start, but Karandraz was eventually able to grab it and run it off to the far side of the pitch with a skink, and my orcsies were all too marked up to get a blitz on.

The final few turns saw my orcs push up the sideline, and get ever so close to scoring a drawing touchtown, but I was down in numbers (with my 0spp black orc dying, a blitzer badly injured, and another KO on someone or another), and hemmed in on all sides.

The final action of the game was a desperate 1-die block on my part to try and make room to run my ball carrier up and over the touchline.

It was a skull.

Final Score: Aggressive Negotiation 1 - 0 Da Blu Moonz

The game was messy, aggressive, and oh-so-fun. As Karandraz said afterwards, it was brutal, and full of turnovers.

I believe that score puts iNinja, Karandraz and I into a 3-way tie for relegation. I have no idea who's going to lose that one.

Roll on, next season!

20phoenix
25-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Advice time!

My MVP hog zombie has just hit level 4. He already has block and guard and if it wasn't for the guard I would fire him, but I currently don't want to lose the guard and I only have 1 other skilled zombie at the moment so the block is valuable as well.

So I need to pick a skill. I'm thinking fend, or possibly dauntless or pro. Tackle is a possibility too I guess.

Fend fend fend

As dodge is a double the extra protection from fend is vital for a guard piece

Everblue
25-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Div L: dissident vs Drawlien: Disappearing Dissident defaults to Drawlien

I contacted Dissident, and he is withdrawing from the league.

cyberpunkdreams
25-10-2012, 10:46 PM

I think it was the 3-0 defeat against my gobbos that did it ;)

chadsexington
26-10-2012, 01:34 AM
I have a pub underworld team that is doing so well it makes me want to switch to them. Something tells me that will backfire horribly, however.

Also, block+claw on a troll is great.

groovychainsaw
26-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Right, all divisions have ended their seasons, all games adminned when required (with thanks to PW).

I've assigned everyone into their tier for next season. This will be be... interesting, so I advise everyone to take a look. 13 people have dropped out from higher up the divisions, meaning that virtually a whole tier has had to move at the bottom. which is pretty much what has happened, but it dampens the effect of promotions/demotions, naturally, which is not what I'd prefer, but there's not much choice. I'll be working hard to ensure you at least get to play a different set of players as much as possible. Hopefully noone will play more than 1 opponent the same this coming season. Take a look and let me know if you spot anything seriously wrong with this.

I'll tentatively put the draw in for tonight, say 10pm?

ChainsawHands
26-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Would this be a good time for Jolima to work his SPECIAL SPREADSHEET TIME TRAVEL MAGIC?

groovychainsaw
26-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Quite possibly. I've backed up this season already, but the previous one still seems to be AWOL.

(I don't know, I go away for a week, and a whole season goes missing..)

ChainsawHands
26-10-2012, 01:42 PM
It was arguably the most important season in the history of the Divisions, too!

groovychainsaw
26-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Still, it can become 'the legend of the lost season' and will have to be passed down from player to player as an oral tradition, rather than a spreadsheet.

President Weasel
26-10-2012, 02:32 PM

Groovy, Everblue says Dissident is dropping out. Given he didn't make any attempt to play Drawlien or post in the thread about it, I suspect that's probably true - so he'd need to be Z-ed rather than entered into the draw for tier 3.

groovychainsaw
26-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Ta Pw, amended.

President Weasel
26-10-2012, 03:16 PM
I am helpful!

Zoraster
26-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Chad seems to be breeding as there appears to be two of them in tier 4. There are also a couple more new coaches still hiding under the Zs.

Everblue
26-10-2012, 04:54 PM
I suspect that's probably true

Hey! Thanks for the vote of confidence!

We are "steam friends", and I spoke to him yesterday.

ChainsawHands
26-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah, you would say that.

potatoedoughnut
26-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Is that right that we only have 1 underworld and 2 chaos dwarf teams rebooting? I thought people were fighting over slots.

President Weasel
26-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Maybe in the Open? There are two Chaos Dorf teams rebooting there, with a max of 2. (I am one of them, and cunningly reserved a slot around May).

chadsexington
26-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Chad seems to be breeding as there appears to be two of them in tier 4. There are also a couple more new coaches still hiding under the Zs.

When I first brought up rebooting to chaos dwarf I was told not to fill in my line but to put an entirely new line in with the cdwa so we could sort out how many people wanted in.

So thats why theres two of me.

Jolima
26-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Would this be a good time for Jolima to work his SPECIAL SPREADSHEET TIME TRAVEL MAGIC?

I return, bringing tidings from the shores of yestermonth. It seems the long lost winner of season 21 was none other than ChainsawHands himself! Who could have imagined?

I don't have permissions to edit the historical results tab, but here is the link to S21 for whoever can insert it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuX1tdfDALOYdEU1UEgzNXRxM2twdDF0MURyMEJER Wc

ChainsawHands
26-10-2012, 08:24 PM
I return, bringing tidings from the shores of yestermonth. It seems the long lost winner of season 21 was none other than ChainsawHands himself! Who could have imagined?Nobody is more surprised than me.

groovychainsaw
26-10-2012, 08:35 PM
History.. has been returned! (Spreadsheet history now up to date)

Live draw 10pm tonight chaps, in steam's RPS blood bowl chatroom. Be there or be.... uncertain about where you are going to be next season until you read the sheet.

Axler
27-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Whats the pass for Div K?

Jiiiiim
27-10-2012, 12:45 AM
should be chainsawed for all of them

Oh hello division full of killers.

President Weasel
27-10-2012, 02:21 AM
not killers: I was hoping for a division full of mooks so I could level my mans and make killers, but instead I get you. Champion's division to tier 4 in 4 seasons, here we come.

Jarvis
27-10-2012, 09:11 AM
I've not seen a skink for an age and a half, i'll be sure to say hello to them properly.

LowKey
27-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Hahahaha dark elf, dark elf, elf? Underworlds gunna get you bitches!

laneford
27-10-2012, 10:15 AM
I am still planning on sitting out this season coming, AND RETURNING IN GLORIOUS STYLE IN THE NEXT.

Have 'Z'ed myself.

Congrats on Mr Hands for his championship...

20phoenix
27-10-2012, 10:33 AM
I return, bringing tidings from the shores of yestermonth. It seems the long lost winner of season 21 was none other than ChainsawHands himself! Who could have imagined?

The key to lying is making it believable. Thats not believable.

20phoenix
27-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Oof - can I request a redraw? Dwarves, Lizards and Nurgle......although got a wizard every game :)

palindrome
27-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Goblins, Underworld and Undead, I may win the occasional game!

Heliocentric
27-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Hahahaha dark elf, dark elf, elf? Underworlds gunna get you bitches!

*raises eyebrow*
Any last requests?

Gorm
27-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Orcs, Lizards and Khemri.... well it was nice knowing my team.

potatoedoughnut
27-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Nurgle, Nec, and Skaven for my Necros. A nice mix, but I'm afraid of how many inducements I'll be giving away.

And there's a fellow US Timezoner! Hello again Smaug!

20phoenix
27-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Orcs, Lizards and Khemri.... well it was nice knowing my team.

Maybe us rats are being ethnically cleansed?

smaug81
27-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Nurgle, Nec, and Skaven for my Necros. A nice mix, but I'm afraid of how many inducements I'll be giving away.

And there's a fellow US Timezoner! Hello again Smaug!

Hiya PD! Should be an interesting season for both of us. Looking forward to another rematch!

Alistair Hutton
27-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Applied to div c. Another chance to face up against some humans. Always an intersting match up

Heliocentric
27-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Littled miffed to look at the race balance page and see necro not filled, which is why I stepped down into these leathery elf boots.

I guess I'll swap back next season then. That is unless you are a man short in a tier i would have been in (I came what, third in my league which was D?)

chadsexington
27-10-2012, 10:52 PM
App'd up to K, hoping for a season where I don't have two fatalities per match

sketchseven
27-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Applied to div c. Another chance to face up against some humans. Always an intersting match up

Yup, my app is in for Div C as well.

Heliocentric
27-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Applied to J

Janek
28-10-2012, 12:00 AM
I shall wait until we get an announcement on what's going on in at the top (i.e. who's replacing Laneford) before applying to 2.

NieA7
28-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Littled miffed to look at the race balance page and see necro not filled, which is why I stepped down into these leathery elf boots.

I think that's because I dropped out for this season too, hopefully be back for the next.

Zoraster
28-10-2012, 04:35 AM
I shall wait until we get an announcement on what's going on in at the top (i.e. who's replacing Laneford) before applying to 2.

I was going to say Groovy hands out extra promotions rather than relegation reprieves but both runners up from tier 1 have dropped... I don't know if double promotions are also favoured above relegation reprieves.

Skydancer
28-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Oh, a division full of old friends. Will be nice to see the demise of my broken team to known people at least!

leftfield010
28-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Am i right in thinking that with me being alone in a division i need to wait till we sign up a few more coaches for next season?

ChainsawHands
28-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Am i right in thinking that with me being alone in a division i need to wait till we sign up a few more coaches for next season?Theoretically yes, but there's (at least) on promotion to be done still, so I imagine you'll get moved up into a full division once that happens.

Screwie
28-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Applied to Div 2. Looking forward to a rather elftastic season!

somanyrobots
28-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Shoot, was busy with my weekend and missed the chance to put myself down for a "Z". I won't have time to compete this season, so somebody will need to step up and take my place in Div C.

Everblue
28-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Well, actually, I've been thinking about it and I would actually like to come back in for this season. I've made an effort to cut down my BB, but this is only 3 games in 5 weeks, so hardly a big deal actually.

If that's a total pain at this late stage then I'm happy to sit out. But, you know, if you have a space...

Sorry to be annoying.

groovychainsaw
29-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I'll try to take another look at our current situation tonight and sort out any further moves that might be needed. Anyone else known to be AWOL here who I may have missed?

leftfield010
29-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Theoretically yes, but there's (at least) on promotion to be done still, so I imagine you'll get moved up into a full division once that happens.

Nice one thanks

President Weasel
29-10-2012, 05:44 PM
well that's Everblue in and Robots out, and Laneford out and leftfield currently a leftover so needing a new division - that works out pretty well so far, unless there are more drop outs who haven't mentioned the fact yet.

Heliocentric
29-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I'll repeat incase its unclear that I'd happily leap back into the saddle of my Necro team to patch a higher division hole.

groovychainsaw
29-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Right, just edited the sheet to fill in the holes. For reference,

Corkir, you just got a second promotion - you've made it to the champs! Good luck!

(As Zor said, I don't like returning players who have been relegated, so had to look to the tier below for a double promotion. Corkir had a solid 9 points last season in tier 2, so pinches the top spot. Plus, if I'd promoted myself to the champs it would have looked bad :-D)

Everblue has returned into the slot he would have occupied with his team if he hadn't been Z for a week - in div C

and leftfield010, you have firends in your diviosns now! Pop your application in for division I in-game.(Password: chainsawed, fyi)

Any other issues, let me know, hopefully we can get people going by... mid-week? I'll certainly start pointing stern fingers at people who haven't got their applications in by weds night...

Elesium
29-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Well it has been waaaay too long since I've seen my lovingly crafted plans torn apart by goblins and skink. Think I should bring in the next iteration of my HElfs and see if they can make a single pass this season.

Screwie
29-10-2012, 11:26 PM
@Groovy... so who is replacing Corkir in Div 2?

groovychainsaw
30-10-2012, 08:45 AM
/Edited for now, there is a gap, i could have sworn i'd filled that spot last night...

Back to the drawing board

/Edit edit - I'll have to sort it tonight, there'll be a couple more moves now and it'll come down to TVs. I thought I'd wrapped it up all so tidily, too.

Elesium, looks like you got a space!

Elesium
30-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Woop, my dancers get a spot! Now to watch them fumble around in the bottom of the division.

leftfield010
30-10-2012, 01:55 PM
and leftfield010, you have firends in your diviosns now! Pop your application in for division I in-game.(Password: chainsawed, fyi)

Cheers, signed up now

sketchseven
30-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Amazingly I seem to have not broken the spreadsheet this time around. When's the season kicking off?

wink5000
30-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Applied to A. Lots of drop outs or whats the reason behind this from F to A boost?

Zoraster
30-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Not at all, you got there on merit. That is just the one tier jump you got through winning your division. A-D are tier 2, E-H are tier 3.

groovychainsaw
30-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Ok, think it's all tidied up now. if everyone can get their applications in ASAP, it'd be appreciated. I'll start naming and shaming folks tomorrow. The final changes I just made were:

Kajo up to div 2.
Graever up to div D.
Sollitus up to div G.

Please, everyone else turn up now? ;-)

Axler
30-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Ok, think it's all tidied up now. if everyone can get their applications in ASAP, it'd be appreciated. I'll start naming and shaming folks tomorrow. The final changes I just made were:

Kajo up to div 2.
Graever up to div D.
Sollitus up to div G.

I'm 99% sure I've applied to the correct Div with my Necro's, but for some reason I get a weird error when logging in to BB so I can't check.

If it's incorrect I'll try and sort it out when I can login again.

Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo
31-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Oh, a division full of old friends. Will be nice to see the demise of my broken team to known people at least!

Oh how i have been dreaming of payback

Elesium
31-10-2012, 03:21 AM
Applied, DElf, HElf and Elf in one league....going to be lots of dodging.

Dentharial
31-10-2012, 08:59 AM

I seem to remember that last time we played, I managed to injure three (3) Tomb Guardians.

I'm hoping to get the full set this time.

Screwie
31-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Kajo's Kajers, again.... It's been a while, I wonder how our teams have changed now.

Kajo
31-10-2012, 07:15 PM

Kajo up to div 2.
Graever up to div D.
Sollitus up to div G.

wow, an undeserved promotion! :D

that's like, the 6th in a row?

@screwie: looking forward to our match... nothing new on my side, i think?

groovychainsaw
31-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Right, google's just gone down completely for me, so the sheet is unavailable (?) but we're missing about 6/7 people right now. I'll name and shame tomorrow if it comes back up. I hope you know who you are and get your applications in sharpish. i'll send you one warning tomorrow via PM or you may miss out on the new season (!).

Hopefully we can kick the new season off friday night...

Kapouille
01-11-2012, 08:46 AM
I know who I am :P Will apply to my div tonight! Sorry...

laneford
02-11-2012, 08:19 PM
If Corkir wins the championship it is exactly the same as me winning it.