PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34

President Weasel
02-11-2012, 09:19 PM
If Corkir wins the championship it is exactly the same as me winning it.

Oh, you mean "reliant on a series of unlikely events and a helping hand from the admins"?

groovychainsaw
02-11-2012, 09:29 PM
OK, naming and shaming!

Grinn, where have you gone, you got a shot at the title this season and you're AWOL? We need you buddy?

Also, missing

Sollitus from G
and
Optimus from K
Everyone else could get going, but I want to check Grinn's around before I start any other divisions up.

Screwie
02-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Not to be a downer, but can we really get started if someone in the top divisions is missing? What happens if they need to be replaced?

Squiz
02-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Grinn, where have you gone, you got a shot at the title this season and you're AWOL? We need you buddy?He seemed pretty busy lately, maybe he just didn't check the thread in time?

chadsexington
02-11-2012, 10:37 PM
I've harassed solitus, he should be apping shortly.

Everblue
02-11-2012, 10:58 PM
He's not been online for a few days

Sollitus
02-11-2012, 11:14 PM
sorry took so long been kinda busy of late but im apped.

grinn
03-11-2012, 09:27 AM
OK, naming and shaming!

Grinn, where have you gone, you got a shot at the title this season and you're AWOL? We need you buddy?

Also, missing

Sollitus from G
and
Optimus from K
Everyone else could get going, but I want to check Grinn's around before I start any other divisions up.

So farklin sorry guys! Been hammered under two full time jobs workloads. Applying now.

grinn
03-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Applied! Once again apologies for the delay.

Skydancer
03-11-2012, 11:29 AM
I seem to remember that last time we played, I managed to injure three (3) Tomb Guardians.

I'm hoping to get the full set this time.

Well, seeing as a couple of them are freshme... freshmummies, you shouldn't have much trouble.

You just need to come really close to have a shot at them.

Dentharial
03-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Well, seeing as a couple of them are freshme... freshmummies, you shouldn't have much trouble.

You just need to come really close to have a shot at them.

I was wondering what to name my new Black Orc. Currently I have Runna, Dodja, and Throwa, and it was Balay Dansa that was recently killed.

I believe you have just named him Hugga.

President Weasel
03-11-2012, 12:35 PM
OK, I accepted the teams for a bunch of divisions and started the seasons. I am having a hell of a time with the seeding manager though, because Cyanide.

The following Divisions have been started off, and at least their first fixture is correct (note: when scheduling your second fixture, check Cyanide thinks it's the same one the spreadsheet does)

Champs
A
B
C
D
E
F
H
I
J

The following are currently wrong, unless the seeding manager worked but didn't update the fixtures straight away because Cyanide:
G

And Division K is still waiting for Troll McFail

All right, seriously now - the seeding manager is a heap of old toss. When you're arranging your matches, do me the favour of checking the Cyanide calendar matches the spreadsheet. I've done what I can, but I have limited reserves of patience.

Axler
03-11-2012, 12:42 PM
I can't see my Team in Div K am I bugged?

President Weasel
03-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Team K is still short a player.

Screwie
03-11-2012, 12:48 PM
If we need a filler team, I'd be happy to donate an Underworld team** or something?

**Conspicuously spontaneous private laughter

ntw
03-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Sorry for my recent silence guys, busy personal stuff going on and basically I'm also fed up of being Nuffled by the RNG in BloodBowl.

Therefore I am no longer around and participating in the DoD, apologies to anyone who may have been affected by my sudden and mysterious disappearance.

If I develop unexpected reserves of patience in the future, or nostalgia overwhelms the bitterness then I may make a glorious return*.

I'll still be around on the forums and/or steam if anyone needs me, and of course I'm always available to help with the sheet.

*The value of your "Glorious return" investment may go down as well as up.

President Weasel
03-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Getting nuffled is all part of the "fun" (or at least, it makes the rare, glorious occasions when you don't double-1 that vital go for it all the sweeter). I miss you ntw, I miss your sweet little face.
In all seriousness, I hope to see you again next season - in the meantime give me a shout if you ever fancy a challenge league.

groovychainsaw
03-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Ok, I'll be on later, but if anyone else wants to start some divisions, feel free! If not, we'll all be going tonight so start planning your games (remembering to use the groups!).

/edit- just read weasels post above, get playing then! And yeah, the seeding thing is broken, especially once it stops showing you your results ;-). Optimum has until tonight, but if you want to be a filler team in k, and get your application in now...

Jolima
03-11-2012, 04:01 PM
I fixed 'G' and checked the others as well, all of them should match up with the spreadsheet now.

Screwie
03-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Applied to Div K with a filler team, "Teefer Madness" - not Underworld, I went with an experimental Goblin-heavy Orc team in the end.

groovychainsaw
05-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Div K was started yesterday, and in case you hadn't realised,

season was GO! as of Saturday night

Get organising chaps (and chapettes)!

Screwie
05-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Psst, what is the Div K situation?

groovychainsaw
05-11-2012, 01:00 PM
You're in screwie, enjoy throwing gobbos :-)

(apologies to optimus for missing out this season, you're welcome to get your application in next season!)

President Weasel
05-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Remember folks - the matches in the Cyanide game are supposed to match the spreadsheet. I went through them and fixed them, and Jolima went through and double-checked, and fixed the one I couldn't.
However, it would still be a good idea when scheduling your matches to pop into the game and check that the calendar for your league is showing the match you expect. Waiting til the last minute and finding out the Cyanide game thinks you're playing someone else, and that there's no time to fix it, would be bad.

This also applies to your second week of games.

Screwie
05-11-2012, 01:41 PM
You're in screwie, enjoy throwing gobbos :-)

It's what I live for :)

Added myself to the spreadsheet, although not showing up on the leaderboards yet (I think the sheet needs re-sorting?). I will check the fixtures in-game tonight after work, but since both Optimus and myself are the lowest in the alphabet of that group it probably doesn't need fixing.

groovychainsaw
05-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Fixed now, someone inserted a line, causing confusion, and then enlightenment for me :-)

ntw
05-11-2012, 07:24 PM
It's what I live for :)

Added myself to the spreadsheet, although not showing up on the leaderboards yet (I think the sheet needs re-sorting?). I will check the fixtures in-game tonight after work, but since both Optimus and myself are the lowest in the alphabet of that group it probably doesn't need fixing.

GOD NO - don't re-sort the sheet, you'll only make it angry!

Seriously though - it tends to screw(ie?) up the fixtures...

Screwie
05-11-2012, 07:33 PM
GOD NO - don't re-sort the sheet, you'll only make it angry!

Seriously though - it tends to screw(ie?) up the fixtures...

That was previously the case - however since last season, fixtures are now sorted alphabetically - a lot less hassle :)

Heliocentric
05-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Won 3-1, 6 man fouled a High Elf Blitzer, my Catcher named Freedom died trying a 2+ dodge with a reroll.

I like playing as Elves. Longer AAR tomorrow.

Elesium
05-11-2012, 11:42 PM
God that game was horrible for me! Looked so good when your catcher died on turn 3/4.... and then I at one point ended up with 5/6 players for half the game due to K/Os. Could have been a lot worse, well done for keeping your spirits up after the death!

President Weasel
06-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Division H inaugural match:

Jolima's Nurglemans versus President Weasel's Chaosmans

Here is how the game went.
I started the game with a couple of chaosmans (including one of my four chaos warriors) in the infirmary after their rough handling in the final match of last season. With only ten on the roster for the match I get a replacement, no levels, loner beastman. Who has loner. That part becomes important in a little bit.

I kick off, Jolima melees my chaos warriors on the line. I melee back, knock his beast over, foul it with three assists, and Badly Hurt it out of the match. Lucky!
One of my level 3 beastmen is immediately hauled off by the annoyingly eagle-eyed ref for the foul, but I am still feeling pretty good about getting rid of the Beast - my Str 5 chaos warrior is now the strongest piece on the pitch.

Jolima punches through my line and cages in my half, but one of his cage corners is in base contact with one of my men. I start a chain of blocks designed to make a hole (although even as I do I am thinking I've screwed up the position and might not be able to get the hit on the ball carrier). The first hit turns up Skull, both down. I look at the player and realise it is the loner, who doesn't have block. I reroll, and he loners it. Turnover, and Jolima is free to gambol away down the pitch for an inevitable touchdown.

On my way to an equaliser I throw a long pass right over the line of anti-pass aura players but Jolima catches up with the ball carrier and knocks the ball down. I get an improbably series of successful die rolls to get the ball back, get my player away from his, and make several dodges to run players up to cover his players, and then foolishly decide to taunt Jolima about this by saying:

NUFFLE LIKES ME BETTER THAN YOU, LA LA LA.

This, in retrospect, may have been a mistake. Nuffle allows me the touchdown to equalise at 1-1 but in the second half, when I am supposed to be recieving and scoring the winning touchdown, my ag4 players cannot make a simple 4+ pass with reroll and instead spill the ball, twice, in extremely helpful positions - for Jolima.

The game finishes 3-1.
In the last turn I claim Nuffle must be French because he has the same slapstick sense of humour as Jerry Lewis and only the French like him. In retrospect this may have been a mistake - my block dice immediately turns up double skulls, I don't even get the satisfaction of getting a last few hits in, and the game ends.

Heliocentric
06-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Could have been a lot worse, well done for keeping your spirits up after the death!

"Freedom is dead"(read as all caps)

Everblue
06-11-2012, 09:22 AM
In the last turn I claim Nuffle must be French because he has the same slapstick sense of humour as Jerry Lewis and only the French like him.

Last night I lost a 32 turn game (ie 16 turns of overtime) playing AGAINST THE AI as my Khorne team. I spent literally 16 turns hitting the damn Amazons, failing to knock them over and failing 4+ pickup rolls. Then one of their 3 remaining players picked up the ball and ran off. Then I doubleskullsed a block. Then they won.

From this I construe that (i) Nuffle has a sense of humour, and (ii) I'm not much good at this game.

groovychainsaw
06-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Other games were 3-1,3-1 and then... 3-1 to me, too. Nuffle apparently was picking favourites last night, my team once again proving to be absolute bastards against a bashy team, causing 4 injuries and 4 KO's to Jarvis' otherwise well-matched Chaos team. 2100 TV to 2070 (after I'd hired a new ogre to deal with my strength deficit for this very bashy season) meant teams were close on skills, but as the injuries racked up, Jarvis ran out of positions to cover, allowing me to grab 3 touchdowns. He was nuffled on the armour rolls (he scored average, but I scored wayyyy better than I deserved ;-D), the block dice were fairly even throughout the game,his mighty blow+claws warriors fortunately remained relatively uneffective all match. A couple of late 'cyanide!' moments as Jarvis tried to leap+blitz almost certainly didn't help his game, either :-(.

3 levels for me means a bane (block lineman) has picked up guard on doubles, I've finally levelled up one of the 2 new catchers I bought 2 seasons ago (got wrestle, contrary to general opinion, I still like it on my catchers) and Harley Quinn (level 4 catcher) has now hit level 5, so gained pass block, to mess with any passing teams which tend to cause me problems (plus she's already fend, side step, diving catch and carrying 2 niggles, so is ready to die).

mrpier
06-11-2012, 09:38 AM
I lucked out against Grinn's orcs yesterday and managed to secure a draw. My goal came after a very unlikely set of events, that started with my +Ag, leap, wrestle GR doing a leap next to Grinns ballcarrier, who perhaps a bit foolishly stood right next to the sideline protected by two burly bodyguards. I managed to score a push on the three dice against block and the ball and thrower went out of bounds. The ball was thrown in within range of my +1Ag, Accurate rat thrower, who only had to dodge away, dodge into a tacklezone, pick up the ball in same tacklezone, dodge away, make two GFI's in a blizzard and throw the ball to my GR who was in range of the endzone, all without a TRR which were all gone by this point (at least that's what I think happened, I was in a daze afterwards).

Second half Grinns orcs trundled up the pitch beating up my rathounds as he wanted and scored in his turn 16. Except for early in the half when I almost lucked out again, only stopped by the last failed blizzard-GFi, my thrower slipping into the endzone on his face.

I got two devastating deaths as well, my most senior Storm Vermin with Guard, MB and tackle got killed in the first half, apoth rerolled to dead, and my level 5 GR with Block, Sidestep, Diving tackle, Shadowing got murdered in the second half. Both of those would have been essential against the elves in the next two matchups.

Thanks for the game Grinn, it was entertaining and you were unlucky with not getting the win.

Cacamas
06-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Blackest of Black Blacks 0 - 0 Track and Field

* This actually was a very exciting game, despite what the scoreline suggests :)
* It was tough for the deadites in the first few turns as the wimmin smacked them around the place.
* But then a series of failed dodges causing quick turnovers turned the game in my favour
* My ghoul only needed a 2D blitz and GFI to score on the final turn of the 1st half, but guess what? Yes, amazingly, he fell over.
* Second half was my deadites gradually mauling their way forward but good defence slowed me down
* Which meant I attempted a risky breakaway
* Which failed
* Which allowed Jiiiim to try a last-ditch long pass
* Which failed
* Resulting in my first scoreless draw in the Divs.

Jiiiiim
06-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah was a good game, though the amount of *thinking* and *positioning* I was having to do was uncomfortable, especially after my glorious terrible charge in the first half.

Everblue
07-11-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm up against Hutton's humans this evening with my tackle-less chaos. Rocking a 400 ish TV deficit. Any thoughts? I was thinking maybe a tackle beast loner, a wizard and then either a bribe or some babes.

Is he a bashy-running game chappie, or a passing chappie? Are his blitzers scary?

palindrome
07-11-2012, 03:32 PM
My match with Zoraster finished 2-2 after a 15th turn gift from Nuffle.

Horriffic luck all round (including a goblin somehow beating a werewolf with a 3 dice block) and a turn 1 misclick by me left things looking bleak for my Norse but a steady steam of casualties and a lucky ball return saw me manage a lucky draw.

Unfortunately no one died.

20phoenix
07-11-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm up against Hutton's humans this evening with my tackle-less chaos. Rocking a 400 ish TV deficit. Any thoughts? I was thinking maybe a tackle beast loner, a wizard and then either a bribe or some babes.

Is he a bashy-running game chappie, or a passing chappie? Are his blitzers scary?

If in doubt - stamp*

*stamp meaning bribes and fouls :)

Screwie
07-11-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't remember much about AH's team, but if he has a lot of Guard players and you don't, a Wizard and/or a merc or two with Guard would be useful equaliser.

With 400k+, my Chaos team has had some fun lately taking a Chef and a TRR to get a large reroll advantage on the other side - which of course helps with the blocking and all that.

Everblue
07-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Wife in labour. Sorry Alistair - will be in touch when things calm down

NieA7
07-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Good luck Everblue!

Everblue
07-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Thanks!

False alarm in the end though - after 8 hours of being monitored I'm told to go home while the wife spends the night there. Grrr.

Sorry Alistair - I'll find out more tomorrow and let you know.

Adam

Alistair Hutton
07-11-2012, 10:45 PM
I don't remember much about AH's team, but if he has a lot of Guard players and you don't, a Wizard and/or a merc or two with Guard would be useful equaliser.

With 400k+, my Chaos team has had some fun lately taking a Chef and a TRR to get a large reroll advantage on the other side - which of course helps with the blocking and all that.

I am down to bare bones Guard wise. My heyday of having 7 Guard players is long in the past. Due to injuries I only have 3 now. I'm also running 2 rookie Catchers. I have no idea why my team value is so high.

As to what style I play. I am Human! My style is the inverse of your style. You want to bash? Well then I'll step off and float like a butterfly. You want to dodge round me? Then I am all up in your face.

Scary Blitzers? Not really. Unless you count Wulf, my Guard, Tackle, Dodge, Mighty Blow Blitzer. Does he count? I'm not sure.

It's my Side Step, Wrestle, Guard. Tackle Lineman you have to look out for He's called Admund the Screamar or, Bloatey as I've nicknamed him.

Hope your wife is well Everblue and no worries if you can't make the game.

LowKey
07-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Nuffle saw fit to provide my underworld with a comfortable win over Recoil's dark elves, a total of 2 deaths, 3 injuries and 2 almost permanent KO's against not a single injury for me, allowed me to secure a comfortable 3-0 against a spirited but obviously hamstrung defence.

Thanks for being a good sport Recoil, at least you have plenty of journeymen to take Helio's fouls.

Heliocentric
07-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Thanks for being a good sport recoil, at least you have plenty of journeymen to take helio's fouls.
journeymen are delicious

Screwie
08-11-2012, 10:12 AM
I find Underworld are amazing fun to play. It's so much more capable than a straight Goblin team it's surprising - some ST 3 guys with General skill access and the broad Mutation access improve their lot so much. The lack of Secret Weapons means goblins can actually start fouling again. And with six MA7 and a ton of Dodge and Stunty, the team is really quick and slippery. All this while still being dirt cheap!

They're quickly becoming one of my top teams.

sketchseven
08-11-2012, 12:51 PM
False alarm in the end though - after 8 hours of being monitored I'm told to go home while the wife spends the night there. Grrr.

Crikey, hope everything either calms down or little Everblue makes a triumphant entrance to the world :) Good luck chap!

ChainsawHands
08-11-2012, 01:18 PM
I find Underworld are amazing fun to play. It's so much more capable than a straight Goblin team it's surprising - some ST 3 guys with General skill access and the broad Mutation access improve their lot so much. The lack of Secret Weapons means goblins can actually start fouling again. And with six MA7 and a ton of Dodge and Stunty, the team is really quick and slippery. All this while still being dirt cheap!

They're quickly becoming one of my top teams."Underworld - they're better than goblins!" Truly a ringing endorsement. ;-)

Everblue
08-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Mutations on a normal roll is brilliant - so many useful skills. With a single double you can get a claw/mighty blow/horns goblin who is actually scary to play against!

@Sketch/NieA7 - Thanks! Spent a difficult night, but been told that she's going to be induced on Monday. Kick off about 10am GMT. I've asked whether I can stream it via my phone. She says no.

Heliocentric
08-11-2012, 02:01 PM
I have an affection for Underworld teams in that once they *start* getting broken its not long until the whole team is in the casualty box.

Axler
08-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Mutations on a normal roll is brilliant - so many useful skills. With a single double you can get a claw/mighty blow/horns goblin who is actually scary to play against!

@Sketch/NieA7 - Thanks! Spent a difficult night, but been told that she's going to be induced on Monday. Kick off about 10am GMT. I've asked whether I can stream it via my phone. She says no.

lol

I've always like the idea of a big hand gobbo loose ball retriever dodge/pick up anywhere on a 3+? yes please.

sketchseven
08-11-2012, 02:30 PM
I've asked whether I can stream it via my phone. She says no.

To be fair, I doubt she'd be looking her best mid-birthing process. Probably better this way.

Kapouille
08-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I've asked whether I can stream it via my phone. She says no.

How inconsiderate. Those women are so selfish!

Dentharial
08-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Div F, Week 1

Da Blu Moonz (Orcs, Dentharial) VS Beauty and the Beast (WElves, Prester John)

So last time we met, it was way back when it was the first season for both of us. Well, I had been around for a few seasons with my High Elves, but I had just rebooted to Orcs. That time, we met in the final week, and the Wood Elf team had taken such a beating that Prester John went into the match already fairly sure that he would be rebooting the team to start with a full roster again. While I don't think I did a significant amount of damage, I did do enough to put the final nail in the coffin.

This time around we got to meet in Week 1, and with some much more developed teams; I was eager to see what a few seasons of experience (for both the players behind the keyboards as well as the ones on the pitch) had taught us. The Welf team had a couple of injuries, so they were taking a Journeyman onto the pitch, while the orc team is at full strength, albeit with a freshly hired Black Orc and only a single sub.

Da Blu Moonz win the toss, and elect to kick. The Beauty and the Beast team have a few high-ish level players, and I'm worried I don't have nearly enough Tackle on the pitch to cope with all their dodge. In fact, I only have a single Tackle Blitzer, with my Tackle lineman sitting on the bench in favour of fielding a full team of positionals.

The kick-off event gives both teams a bribe, which I'm appropriately excited about. On Turn 2, there is a sudden and nasty early dodge failure from one of the Beauties, that leaves a large number of the elves in base contact with orcs. I've been playing against a lot of Skaven teams in the last few seasons, and it's been infuriating how little I've been able to knock them down. Here, I'd marked up the elves pretty well, and the prospect of having the ability to just smack them down fills me with joy.

"IT'S MURDERIN' TIME" I yell happily, before immediately going to work.

My Blitzer blocks one of his star Catchers and...dead. Apothecary manages to improve that to losing a point of movement. Well...I feel a little bad about that, but the timing is also pretty funny, and I'm not expecting to get much more than that.

Block the Wardancer and...KO.

I manage to knock down most of the rest of the team, but Wood Elves being Wood Elves, it's not enough. The Thrower is able to move forward in the next turn and pass the ball up to a catcher, but Prester John is feeling enough pressure that he scores immediately rather than trying to delay.

This leaves me plenty of time to push up the pitch, which I do so while smashing elves down, pushing them off the pitch, and stomping on faces (I only actually did a single foul, and it successfully injured the levelled Wardancer, while also not using my bribe). His other star catcher tried a desperation 3-against block on my ball carrier, which results in an Attacker Down and...death.

By the time I scored at the end of the first half, there were a good 6 players off the pitch, although a couple of those were only KOs.

This was quickly changed in the second half as both KOs woke up, but then were promptly injured off again. By the end of the match, there were 5 injuries, 1 death, and 1 KO.

The end of the match was odd, since somewhere around turn 12, Prester John stopped responding entirely. Afterwards, he explained that his client froze up, and he was left just watching me run across the field, but by the time that had happened, he only had 3 elves (one of which was the Journeyman) and his treeman left on the pitch, so it likely shouldn't have made a difference.

Similarly, as soon as I realised he wasn't responding, I didn't try to foul their faces in despite their not getting off the floor, otherwise that final injury count may have been higher.

Final Score: Da Blu Moonz 2 - 1 Beauty and the Beast

Thanks to Prester John for being a good sport despite the atrocious Nuffling, and for also sticking in the game watching the timer tick away on a frozen client, because he was worried the match might reset and I'd lose all those SPPs and points.

And I may just have to reboot to a softer team soon. As much as there's a certain fun in watching green feet and fists smash things up, I'm also feeling kind of guilty for just destroying every decent level player there with a pretty nasty injury.

Heliocentric
08-11-2012, 09:11 PM
I know it seems hasty but can div j go to day 2?

groovychainsaw
08-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Div J moved on - validated all games with scores in the sheet, too :-)

20phoenix
08-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Snoozer beat my rats 2-1. Two turns killed off my chances - a blitz on kickoff enabled me to get two gutters marking the KOR dwarf who was under the kick. He fumbled the catch giving my gutters three chances at bouncing the ball but triple 1's left the ball loose. Snoozer picked up the ball with his freak runner and caged up but the cage was separated from his LOS and I saw a chance. The wizard fireballed the cage and failed to take down any of the five targets! I managed to keep pressure on the cage for 6 turns before the runner waddled off and safely out of reach to score on turn 8. Not to worry at least I had my one turning gutter to fall back on. He never even got a chance to show what he can do as the thrower picked up the ball and fumbled the pass.

Second half rats scored in double quick time due to large pressure brought on the sideline cage. The rest of the half was a standard dwarf grind down the pitch punctuated only by the ag5 wrestling gutter taking down the carrier on a 2d against. Ball was easily recovered by freak runner to score on turn 16.

Rats had some obscene armour dice only taking 2 casualties despite most being without block or wrestle and facing a team of mighty blow. Played quite a punchy game too.

Someone needs to kill that runner

Everblue
09-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Altdorf Army (Hum, Hutton) 1 - 1 Doomdark's Revenge (Cha, me)

Lord Doomdark and his malevolent horde lurched malevolently onto the field to face the preppie jerks of the Aldorf Army.

Clean shaven, loose limbed, and cheerful enough to sicken you, the elf-wannabies of the AA lined up with four (FOUR) catchers and only two linemen out of fourteen-ish players, lots of dodge, lots of guard, and full of British stiff upper lips. No mighty blow though, as that would have been dashed unsporting. After having a jolly good pray before the match, and a big glass of milk each, the Army captain (some bright-eyed mummy's boy of a thrower) won the toss. "Crumbs!" he said, blushing, "I'd really like to kick off, thanks very much!"

Sniggering and making "wanker" gestures to each other, the surly louts of Lord Doomdark's dishonourable rabble lurched to the centre of the pitch. Looking at the human line of scrimmage the chaos team grinned to each other and started chanting "you're going home in a fucking ambulance!" while the embarrassed humans tried to ignore them and thought about Mummy.

A 360 TV difference had allowed the chaos team to bring along a wizard (I say!) and a tackle mercenary beastman.

Sure enough, straight from the kick off Abandoning Hope (mighty blow/claw beastie) abandoned his claws and booted one of the two human linemen in the groin, forcing him from the field, while Doomdark's Daughter (tentacle minotaur) badly hurt another. The kick was short and wide, but the chaos team threw a screen in front of it while a three-armed beastman grabbed the ball.

Like all boys when confronted with a bully, the Army turned to a Bigger Boy to help them. "Get 'em Tim" they yelled to their ogre. Thinking quickly, one of the beastmen pulled a face at the ogre which so frightened poor Tim that he refused to blitz, indeed, he refused to move for most of the first half.

The chaos team rumbled up the right hand side of the pitch, belting the odd catcher into the crowd and handing the ball off to the Utarg of Utarg (ST5 chaos warrior) in the process. Despite a really good try for the Big School, the Army were unable to stop the unscrupulous scoundrels from scoring on turn 8 to make the score 1-0 to Doomdark's Revenge at half time.

Most of the gallant chaps from Altdorf Army, under the tender care of the Oedipal charms of Matron, recovered for the second half and decided to have a jolly good try to win the game. They pushed their star catcher (MV9, AG4, Sure feet, sprint, block) into the chaos side of the pitch and scored right at the start of the second half.

"Lol!" texted the chaos team to each other via BBM. "We r guna win this init!" A small argument ensued as the chaos players were told to get off facebook and onto the pitch, and pausing only to molest one of the human cheerleaders Lord Doomdark and his rum bunch of no-gooders lined up for an identikit eight turn drive. Things didn't quite go the chaos way this time around though, with Tim the Ogre managing to deal with his fear of the chaos players by shutting his eyes and swinging his fists, leading to two chaos players being badly hurt. Meanwhile the human team captain Wulf (blitzer, loads of annoying skills) made a a nuisance of himself by marshalling the defence, doing his best for the team, and winning about five scout badges in the process.

The dastardly chaos wizard came into play on turn fifteen, making a hole for the tackle merc to run within a few squares of the line, but it was not to be. A mistake from the chaos coach on the last turn meant that a miracle was needed and since God loves a square the chaos team failed to get their miracle. The match finished 1-1.

cyberpunkdreams
09-11-2012, 12:08 AM
Altdorf Army (Hum, Hutton) 1 - 1 Doomdark's Revenge (Cha, me)

I say, bravo, old chap!

Heliocentric
09-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Div J moved on - validated all games with scores in the sheet, too :-)

Ty, it's hard not to be excited about a new team when it's going so well so early.

Alistair Hutton
09-11-2012, 09:07 AM
I say, bravo, old chap!

The Altdorf Army is off to practice team drills. At the end of the first half I set up for my standard 1 turn touchdown. Except I manged to setup on the side of the pitch where my Catcher would have to dodge past the Tentacle Minotaur and then on the first block misclicked where the push back would be.

Fortunately a riot had moved the clock back a turn so I had a chance to salvage a two turn score but just as I was running my thrower back away from the line I realised I'd failed to markup a Beastman on the line of scrimmage so I had to push my Thrower one square deeper. Then I realised that that would put him out of Maximum range (Strong-Arm, Accurate, Pass makes that fairly doable) for the pass on the next on the next turn. And my star Catcher got pounded to the floor.

I still managed to pull my star catcher from the ground and get him in the end zone, ran my thrower forward, hand off and push the blitzer with the ball into long pass range which failed. If I'd at all been thinking when placing my catcher in the end zone it would have been a short pass and possibly 1-1 at half time.

In positive news my rookie Ogre Jeremy Throat Smasher continues his prodigious advancement rate (the three turns he stood around doing nothing at the start of the game where obviously him thinking really hard about what he was going to do next). In the three games on my team he's scored three casualties and picked up two MVPs giving him a second level up to go with his block - this time Guard.

ChainsawHands
09-11-2012, 10:18 AM
[...]the Aldorf Army. [...]full of British stiff upper lips.Aren't they more sort of pseudo-German stiff upper lips?

ChainsawHands
09-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Ty, it's hard not to be excited about a new team when it's going so well so early.I told you elfs were great. Wait till you get some skills on the pointy-eared bastards. ;-)

Heliocentric
09-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I told you elfs were great. Wait till you get some skills on the pointy-eared bastards. ;-)

The competence of even journeymen really does offset their fragility. That these guys cost only 20 points more than zombies/skeletons is almost completely baffling. 10 more points for a P access passer +40 for +2mv,catch and nos and you are allowed 4 of the freaks or +50 for block, sidestep, +mv+av.

Barmy

ChainsawHands
09-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Worst (non-stunty) armour in the game and no strength access or big guy, I think that's why. (Actually I suppose welfs are a bit lower armour but they get the tree. Also amazons. But still, elf armour sucks despite my not having thought that bit through very well.)

Everblue
09-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Wait until they all get killed, Helio!

A typical high level elf team is about 8 players, 4 with some kind of stat-reducing permanent injury. All niggled. They will still win 3-0.

Heliocentric
09-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Wait until they all get killed, Helio!

A typical high level elf team is about 8 players, 4 with some kind of stat-reducing permanent injury. All niggled. They will still win 3-0.

Lost a catcher in the first game I'm very aware. Not too worried for now, come back and ask me when my team has stars.

Jarvis
09-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Other games were 3-1,3-1 and then... 3-1 to me, too. Nuffle apparently was picking favourites last night, my team once again proving to be absolute bastards against a bashy team, causing 4 injuries and 4 KO's to Jarvis' otherwise well-matched Chaos team. 2100 TV to 2070 (after I'd hired a new ogre to deal with my strength deficit for this very bashy season) meant teams were close on skills, but as the injuries racked up, Jarvis ran out of positions to cover, allowing me to grab 3 touchdowns. He was nuffled on the armour rolls (he scored average, but I scored wayyyy better than I deserved ;-D), the block dice were fairly even throughout the game,his mighty blow+claws warriors fortunately remained relatively uneffective all match. A couple of late 'cyanide!' moments as Jarvis tried to leap+blitz almost certainly didn't help his game, either :-(.

3 levels for me means a bane (block lineman) has picked up guard on doubles, I've finally levelled up one of the 2 new catchers I bought 2 seasons ago (got wrestle, contrary to general opinion, I still like it on my catchers) and Harley Quinn (level 4 catcher) has now hit level 5, so gained pass block, to mess with any passing teams which tend to cause me problems (plus she's already fend, side step, diving catch and carrying 2 niggles, so is ready to die).

To be fair I don't think those cyanide moments themselves actually mattered overall but were just extra annoyances.

President Weasel
09-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Worst (non-stunty) armour in the game and no strength access or big guy, I think that's why. (Actually I suppose welfs are a bit lower armour but they get the tree. Also amazons. But still, elf armour sucks despite my not having thought that bit through very well.)

Amazons come with a suite of protective skills that go some considerable way to making up for the armour. Av7 Block is much better than AV7, and Av7 Blodge is better still. You can make a blodge elf lineman, but only after he's survived enough matches to garner 16SPP with only 7 armour to protect him, and only at a cost of not giving him other skills while an equivalent amazon has now got a couple of extra skills to make her more effective.

Welf wardancers are hard to kill, and the rest of them are basically doomed mooks with bark for armour; you can swap in journeyelves and barely notice. I suppose you're meant to care about catchers and throwers, but meh. Plus you can field the tree if you like which does help a bit, although it also adds a lot of TV.

Whereas pro elfs are screwed.

ChainsawHands
09-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Lost a catcher in the first game I'm very aware. Not too worried for now, come back and ask me when my team has stars.Watch out, you might find that your team ends up with an absurd number of stat freaks who just WILL NOT FUCKING DIE and you have to keep playing them because even though they sicken you every time with their elfyness and you'd quite like to maybe try a different team after all these months, how can you give up all those lovely stat-ups...

Everblue
09-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Don't worry 'hands. I'm coming. Might take me a couple of seasons, but I'll get there.

ChainsawHands
09-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Eh, it's not like I've never been up against a bashy team (I had 2 nurgle and an undead last season), chaos isn't really particularly scary.

I do think Elf Harm might be about to start their death spiral though, the catchers have 2 -stats and a niggle now. Of course, one of them's been AV6 for something like a year (and has picked up +AG and leap in that time)... I think my chaos in the open actually lose more players than my elfs. ;-)

ChainsawHands
09-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Although I do get through quite a lot of lineelfs.

Everblue
09-11-2012, 12:31 PM
chaos isn't really particularly scary.

Them's fightin' words! Come down here and face me, dammit!

Screwie
09-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Well, it's sadly true... Claw gets almost no benefit against Pro Elves and a typical killer Chaos team rarely has as much Tackle as it should.

President Weasel
09-11-2012, 03:06 PM
My chaos team doesn't have any tackle. It also has hardly any mighty blow or guard, one claw which I just got, and no frenzy. It's a travesty.
Unfortunately my plan to rebuild it in the lower leagues into a team of vicious killers has foundered; what in god's name are Jiiim and Jolima doing in this division? Did Groovy do this on purpose?

Recoil3842
09-11-2012, 03:48 PM
After a thorough mauling by LowKey, I will need 4 Journeymen for my next match. Do they automatically appear in my roster during the Pre-Game Sequence?

Screwie
09-11-2012, 03:58 PM
They do indeed, and their value is added to your TV before Inducements are calculated.

ChainsawHands
09-11-2012, 03:59 PM
After a thorough mauling by LowKey, I will need 4 Journeymen for my next match. Do they automatically appear in my roster during the Pre-Game Sequence?Yeah. Per the rules you should get to choose if you want them, but in Cyanide you get them automatically.

sketchseven
10-11-2012, 03:14 AM
The Hertlingbrad Scholars 0 - 4 Masquerade Ballers

A defeat that was never really in doubt due to the well-developed nature of the Ballers against the almost all-standard human side - for all the Scholars attempted to put some play into the game, it was never to be. They were carrying two journeymen as it was, and no non-standard skills apart from three players with Guard.

Occasions of note:
- The Brain was able to use his Kick to good effect, booting the ball short every time he kicked off. He managed to kick the ball close to the LOS and close to the sidelines without putting it out of play either time, damn him.
- After nicking the ball quite unsportingly in almost the first turn of the drive, the elven Blitzer holding the ball managed to ride out three different 2D blocks, including one that was rerolled. The lack of skills such as Tackle was a curse through the whole game.
- Eloquacious, the sideline wizard, decided to put a stop to the plucky Blitzer with a lightning bolt through the spine. As it turned out, he wasn't really firing on all cylinders, and the sizzle of electricity dissipated without any effect whatsoever.
- Having cunningly put the cash aside for a couple of Bribes, the Scholars set about fouling some Elves when given the chance. Gang fouls on three different players resulted in no effect, no effect and a KO.

On the other hand, one of the Scholar players did manage to kill an elf lino (who was already living on borrowed time with his AV6) and hurt another one - but all in all another disappointing loss. Not being able to knock the other side over, and not being able to hurt them when they did, sort of put paid to any hopes of scoring.

Edit: it's worth pointing out that Brain's block dice were rather hot, and mine were disappointingly not - the usual skull to skull reroll and double skulls to double skulls popping up for me once again.

Kanesuke
10-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Could I please ask for a little more time to play my game vs leftfield? My laptop broke on Monday evening, an hour before we were going to play our game and I've only just been able to get hold of another. Thanks.

INinja132
10-11-2012, 10:22 PM
The Rakish Rodents (INinja132) 2 - 1 Codsbottom Brawlers (Graever)

Crazy game all told, with a lot of failed rolls and changes of possession. Graever got especially unlucky, failing a 1 square throw (with a re-roll) in the final turn which would have tied the match if he'd completed. Story of the match really, but all told I managed to get out of it with a few less double fails than he did.

Good game though, very exciting indeed, cheers Graever.

Everblue
10-11-2012, 11:23 PM
@Sketch

I'm amazed that you are so high in the table with such a fresh side, to be honest. However did you do it?

sketchseven
11-11-2012, 12:27 AM
@Everblue superior tactics. That and just simply hanging around while all those people up above me dropped out.

chadsexington
11-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Played Axler in Div K.

Necrosity (Axler - Necro) vs 50 Shades of Beard (me - Chaos Dwarf)

I get the kickoff, which lands on his side, allowing me to place the ball in the hands of a Centaur. I knock some down and cage up early.

I slowly progress to near scoring distance, but pushed up against one of the sidelines. Axler has not been having good block dice up to this part - lots of skulls and bothdowns to my blocky linemen. He blows his last reroll doing a desperate charge with a golem that required a sketchy dodge. Unfortunately, said golem fails the second GFI and gives me a clear shot at a TD the next turn.

Turn 6 sees Axler receive the ball a few squares form the LoS. He manages to get both wolves near the ball, pick it up with one, but fail the handoff to the second.

I get some good block dice and get two linemen into tacklezones by the ball. I then decide its a great idea to hit the one person who could score - even with a 2D block with a reroll, I end up knocking myself down.

Axler gets a string of lucky rolls, blocks, pushes, dodges, pickups, etc, and runs the ball down to above person and scores on turn 8.

1-1.

Halftime.

Axler gets the ball and makes quick work of me pulling a reversal and getting out of reach by the second turn. I spend the next three or four turns trying to corner him to force a TD.

2-1 Axler.

I now have but 3 scant turns to score. Ball is kicked right next to a hobgoblin and a centaur, so I figure i'm OK.

Blitz.

Axler puts a wolf down beside where the ball will land and generally messes up any plans I had of evening the score.

The ball lands and bounces into the waiting hands of a werewolf, once again proving that Cyanide loves to kick you when you are down.

First charge knocks down the wolf and I start putting pieces into play to get that score. I pick it up with a hobgoblin and fail the handoff to a waiting centaur. Axler responds by spamming the area with troops.

Turn 16 - I make some nice knockdowns and really have only one play left.

Hobgoblin dodges, picks up the ball in a tacklezone, dodges, hands off to a waiting centaur (reroll). Centaur blitzes nearby zombie to knock him down, dodges again, and rushes to the endzone, making 2GFI to tie the game.

GG Axler, and its a shame that you couldn't get the win, you deserved it.

Necrosity 2 - 50 Shades of Beard 2

cyberpunkdreams
11-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Hobgoblin dodges, picks up the ball in a tacklezone, dodges, hands off to a waiting centaur (reroll). Centaur blitzes nearby zombie to knock him down, dodges again, and rushes to the endzone, making 2GFI to tie the game.

GG Axler, and its a shame that you couldn't get the win, you deserved it.

I always love to hear about hero plays working out... nice team name too ;)

potatoedoughnut
11-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Smaug and I just finished our div D game. 0-0 between his nurgle and my necros, although smaug really should have won.

He broke my armour 58% of the time so that I sustained 5 injuries, 5 KOs and 8 stuns.

The first half I recieved but couldn't make much headway with players constantly stunned. Nil-nil at halftime.

Second half smaug starts removing 1-2 players a turn and despite some clever/lucky crowd pushes I really can't do anything to stop his cage. However, I don't have to as smaug played overly cautious and the game ended with his cage still 1-2 turns away from the endzone.

Thanks for the game smaug, you should have won it.

Axler
11-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Played Axler in Div K.

Necrosity 2 - 50 Shades of Beard 2

As Chad said it was a game of general cock ups with occasional flashes of utter brilliance from both of our teams. Although I really should have positioned my players better when I got the blitz to block off any chance of him scoring. Still a good game that swung both ways.

Oh if you want to see his moment of last turn brilliance here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrPbz6nKJy0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrPbz6nKJy0)

just realised he did it without any rerolls also!

mrpier
11-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Haha, that is just lovely.

boots468
11-11-2012, 09:07 PM
That is a gloriously ridiculous move.

On a similar note i was *this* close earlier to scoring a (declare blitz), dodge,pickup,do the actual blitz against the bloke he was originally stood next to,dodge again,GFI,GFI with a Saurus earlier but i forgot the attacking apart of a blitz counted as a move and so he was left 1 square from the goalline and on the sideline. Needless to say he was then ruthlessly crowdsurfed...

groovychainsaw
12-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Chaps, well done getting most of the games played, remember week 1 ends TOMORROW so if you haven't played yet or aren't planned for tonight/tomorrow night, let us know in here, or defaults will start flying around and might catch you in the unmentionables.

palindrome
12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
As Kanesuke is currently hors de combat would there be any objection to bringing my game against leftfield forward a week?

El Cubo
12-11-2012, 12:54 PM
I noticed that odd-numbered league sizes are now supported. Has anyone tested how they work? Do you get five week seasons with one team left out every week or do you get four week season with one team playing four and the others playing three matches?

smaug81
12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Second half smaug starts removing 1-2 players a turn and despite some clever/lucky crowd pushes I really can't do anything to stop his cage. However, I don't have to as smaug played overly cautious and the game ended with his cage still 1-2 turns away from the endzone.

Thanks for the game smaug, you should have won it.

Yeah, I was kicking myself after the fact over that. I managed to make a rookie mistake and completely failed to pay attention to the turn count. By the time I glanced at it again, it was turn 16 and I was all "WTF, where did all my turns go?" Didn't help that I'm routinely caught off guard by just how far werewolves and ghouls can move in a turn. I thought I was comfortably going to leave several of your players too far out of range to do any good by the time I started really moving forward, but that turned out not to be the case :P.

Nevertheless, thanks for the match, was good fun :D.

Kanesuke
12-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Looks like mine and leftfield's result isn't even late, I was worried for nothing. Happy days.

Silverdale Swifthawks (leftfield010) 1 - 1 The Undead Generation (Kanesuke)

First half: The Undead Generation kick-off and out of bounds, touchback goes to an Elven back. We shuffle around a bit and the elves move their way down the right hand side of the pitch. The Undead team move toward the ball-carrier, but they're all ball-watching and a Blitzer breaks free. The ball carrier switches the play across the field and a last-ditch tackle by a skeleton fails. Touchdown Swifthawks!

The Undead Generation receive the ball in the backfield, but a Blitz allows the Swifthawks to, almost to a man, run around the line of scrimmage, challenging the ball-carrier. A safe pair of hands and a quick sprint upfield sees the ball safely to the middle of the pitch, but the elves are fast enough to reposition themselves and some stellar defending sees us into half-time.

The Undead Generation coach shouts at the players for their inept tackling, and they receive the kick-off again.

Second Half: The resilient undead steadfastly trudge their way up the field, benefiting from a distinctly un-elven amount of failed dodges and, later on, a Smashed Knee that the Apothecary rerolls to a death. The ghoulish ball-carrier runs down the clock and scores on Turn 16.

My thanks to leftfield010 for a great game, that had me on the back foot almost all the way through, I really didn't deserve this draw. I believe he's going to upload the replay to BBM, too. (I'd appreciate advice on improving.)

Heliocentric
12-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Wrong thread.

Dog Pants
12-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Div A: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 1 - 1 Cheese It! (SKA, Gorm)

The second game of Div A begins with long kick from the home team into the Cheese It deep left field. The rats waste no time in recovering it and positioning while pushing a vicious attack down both flanks. With a gap quickly opening a long sprint leaves the Skaven pressing the Khemri touchline and despite picking up a few markers the ball carrier crashes on to score with only a couple of minutes played.
When Cheese It kick off the drop the ball near, within reach of their nippy forward players, but the Khemri recover the ball and push forwards, injuring a rookie linerat as they go. Unperturbed, the Skaven wingers crash through the flanks again to harass the ball carrying Thro-Ra. In a supreme feat of dodging the Thro-Ra skips up towards the caging right fielders, towing a shadowing rat for half a dozen yards. Unfortunately for the plucky rat the other Anupshi Thro-Ra puts his extra strength to good use, clotheslining him and snapping his little ratty neck on the way past. The cage tightens under pressure and squeezes up the right field, but by this point the intensity of the fighting is taking its toll and when the Thro-Ra breaks for the line there is a steady line of escorting players and very few Skaven standing. The half ends with the Khemri trotting across the line to equalise.

Cheese It kick again to mid right where the star Thro-Ra of the previous half bungles the pickup and allows a slippery Gutter Runner to snatch it away. However, the sneaky rat doesn't quite make his escape and is tripped as he tries to dodge away. Both teams scramble for the loose ball, but Anupshi Rises have numerical superiority behind their own line and recover. Still in danger from blitzing rodents, the ball carrier makes for the safety of the Tomb Guardians on the line of scrimmage with rats in pursuit. The loose cage pushes forwards, but a downed linerat amongst it manages to take the carrier out as he gets up and the ball bounds back towards the rear of the melee where more Skaven are waiting. This time it is Cheese It's turn to fumble the pick-up, and the ball once more crosses the entire fight to end up on the other side amongst the attacking Khemri. With time running low the Thro-Ra grabs the ball and bolts for the line. Most of the Skaven are on the ground or off the pitch by this point, but one manages to make it back to mark the ball carrier. With the last seconds ticking away the Thro-Ra tries to go through, then around, the last rat, but is brought down and the referee blows the whistle on a well fought draw.

Screwie
13-11-2012, 12:44 AM
A couple of quick reports from this week's games:

---

Div K: All the Shinies (HElf, Dolphan) vs Teefer Madness (Orcs, my filler)

A close and challenging game, the elves took an early lead and looked dangerous throughout. The game turned for the orc's favour about halfway through, when the elves overcommitted following a deep kick - resulting in a catcher being shoved off the pitch and a blitzer gang fouled to death in the same turn. With the numbers in their favour the orcs bashed the opposition to the ground and walked in an easy equaliser. The game could have been over there with a safe grind to the finish and a draw, but I wanted to go for the win (besides the grind is boring!) so we set up for the final drive with 2 turns remaining.

What followed was an amazingly jammy play of elfiness culminating in a long pass and a thrown touchdown... for the orcs!

Final score: 2 - 1 to the Teefers

The biggest impact of this game, however, was the two deaths Dolphan's team suffered in their first game. Nasty.

---

Div 2: Kajers (Nec, Kajo) vs Dread Pool (DElf, me again)

These old rivals met once again for another grudge match. Both teams are skilled up and quite slippery. While the Pool relied on their trio of Guard Bastards to boost their hitting power in the scrums, the Kajers dominated the lines with some clever push play and their frenzied, side stepping werewolves.

It was looking like a close game until disaster struck the Kajers - one of their two ghouls died on a failed dodge roll. The Pool smelled blood and soon after stomped the other ghoul into the injury box. Now with a slight edge over their rivals, the Pool went up 2-0.

The Kajers fought back every step of the way though, and outmanoeuvred the dark elves to score a consolation goal in the final turn.

Final score: 2 - 1 to the Pool

The loss of an experienced ghoul was the only lasting injury to come out of the match. Also one of my Guard Bastards managed to secure his 6th MVP from 27 matches - clearly he must be bribing somebody..,

Zoraster
13-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Bunch of games validated and leagues rolled where possible. A few games have been left off the sheet, most notably Zeno vs Joey in Division E which I’ve not validated for now as it has a two score margin so could well be a discon/crash.

As Kanesuke is currently hors de combat would there be any objection to bringing my game against leftfield forward a week?

As you know he is back anyway, but for future reference it doesn’t work like that I’m afraid. Fixtures are set in stone if you are using the Cyanide league client. You have to play in order and you can only play games in the active week in the client. It is totally inflexible bar fixture order shuffling before the first game.

Dolphan
13-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Div K: All the Shinies (HElf, Dolphan) vs Teefer Madness (Orcs, my filler)

A close and challenging game, the elves took an early lead and looked dangerous throughout. The game turned for the orc's favour about halfway through, when the elves overcommitted following a deep kick - resulting in a catcher being shoved off the pitch and a blitzer gang fouled to death in the same turn. With the numbers in their favour the orcs bashed the opposition to the ground and walked in an easy equaliser. The game could have been over there with a safe grind to the finish and a draw, but I wanted to go for the win (besides the grind is boring!) so we set up for the final drive with 2 turns remaining.

What followed was an amazingly jammy play of elfiness culminating in a long pass and a thrown touchdown... for the orcs!

Final score: 2 - 1 to the Teefers

This was a great match. All three results were completely possible at the start of turn 15 - my catcher had the ball in scoring distance and was in reach of precisely one goblin. Although I didn't actually realise Screwie winning was possible until it actually happened ... that was one punchy goblin.

Skydancer
13-11-2012, 03:52 PM
I have to ask for an extension for my game with walrus, as RL tends to be a bit busy lately. We'll have our match tomorrow afternoon.

Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo
13-11-2012, 11:44 PM
My match and zeno is correct, was not a disconnect or crash, can be validated

Heliocentric
13-11-2012, 11:57 PM
My match and zeno is correct, was not a disconnect or crash, can be validated

Someone bail out?

Zoraster
14-11-2012, 05:14 AM
Still not on the SS though... methinks we need to employ some North American based brick operatives! Anyway all sorted now in game and on sheet.

All divisions now on week 2 bar F which will be sorted tonight and B.

Skydancer
14-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Okay looks like It'll be hard for me to play matches for the next month since I have some pretty heavy rl stuff that came my way in the last days. I'll have to bail out for this season and probably get back in the next. Sorry for the mates in my division (F) but I got all kinds of messy tangles in my schedule now; I'll buy you a pint next month. Feel free to relegate me to the lowest tier.

Web Cole
14-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Registering interest. Is there a new season just starting?

President Weasel
14-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Chaps, well done getting most of the games played, remember week 1 ends TOMORROW so if you haven't played yet or aren't planned for tonight/tomorrow night, let us know in here, or defaults will start flying around and might catch you in the unmentionables.

It's the 14th. Week 1 ended yesterday.
There are several games with no result in the spreadsheet and nothing posted about them here. Get your games played or I will try to find a way to use the admin tool to somehow make you both lose.

Also, get off my lawn.

Janek
14-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Cole: Partway into a new season, but we've got a pretty quick turnaround so it shouldn't take more than maybe three weeks. Might as well go ahead and stick your details on the spreadsheet.

groovychainsaw
14-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Still waiting on B chaps, I'll give you until tomorrow (there is a score in there, but not on the sheet, so....).

Skydancer, I defaulted your game as it'll be fairer if everyone picks up a win against you, but I won't send you to the bottom, just down one division after your 3 losses ;-)

President Weasel
14-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Still waiting on B chaps, I'll give you until tomorrow (there is a score in there, but not on the sheet, so....).

I will have you all murdered to death, damn your eyes!

Web Cole
14-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Cole: Partway into a new season, but we've got a pretty quick turnaround so it shouldn't take more than maybe three weeks. Might as well go ahead and stick your details on the spreadsheet.

Details spreadsheet'd.

Heliocentric
14-11-2012, 10:55 PM
A Glorious 4 - 0 victory, unfortunately 2 linemen Ambition and Doubt both died, but Doubt sought out a second opinion from the Apothecary who suggested he skip a game and put his feet up. That leaves me at 7-1 so far in the season... Bloody elves.

I got 3 ups, a blitzer a catcher and a thrower. The thrower rolled 6+4 for a non double MV/AV and the other 2 were regs. I'm thinking Dodge, Block, Sure hands. Any suggestions?

cyberpunkdreams
14-11-2012, 10:57 PM
A Glorious 4 - 0 victory, unfortunately 2 linemen Ambition and Doubt both died, but Doubt sought out a second opinion from the Apothecary who suggested he skip a game and put his feet up. That leaves me at 7-1 so far in the season... Bloody elves.

I got 3 ups, a blitzer a catcher and a thrower. The thrower rolled 6+4 for a non double MV/AV and the other 2 were regs. I'm thinking Dodge, Block, Sure hands. Any suggestions?

Extra MV on any elf player is worth it I think. Stun your opponent with your shocking mobility! Especially useful on a thrower, so they can hang further back safely.

Everblue
14-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Details spreadsheet'd.

Welcome!

(this bit is only so my message was 10 chars long)

20phoenix
14-11-2012, 11:26 PM

I'd take the +MV on the thrower but the other two choices are sound. I'd leave sure hands until after you have accurate too

20phoenix
14-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Missing score added

President Weasel
15-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Dave loses 2-0 for generally being terrible at arranging a match (it's really not difficult - what you do is: you arrange a match, and then you turn up roughly when you arranged to play it, and then you play it)

I'll move the last remaining Division on, making it officially Week 2.

President Weasel
15-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Also, screw it I am getting a minotaur for my chaos team. Nothing else has worked to halt my slide down the divisions from the pinnacle to the not-far-from-the-scrap-heap, so let's do something I have always been convinced is a terrible idea. Maybe I am just Wrongy McWrongerson. Let's see.

palindrome
15-11-2012, 08:41 PM
My Norse beat Kanesuke's Undead 1:0 after a match where the ball spent most of the time surrounded by players on the halfway line.

Yet again no one died.

President Weasel
15-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Div H

Jiiim vs Weasel

Jiiim used his wizard to prevent a debut minotaur touchdown. If it weren't for his match reports, I'd swear the man has no soul.

Later he got a ridiculously improbable succession of 5s to pick the ball up and move it the entire length of the field, denying me a fully deserved win, the jammy bastard.

Jiiiiim
15-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Oh it was glorious. The scoop, the long pass, the catch, the GFI, the other GFI, and the catch. Gloooorious.

I had 800 inducements to play with, so went with Zara, two merc linemen fodder, a wizard, a bribe and two babes. All useful in the end, though I think in hindsight I might have swapped the two fodder for one dirty player merc.

I also surfed about five chaos players.

thekev506
15-11-2012, 09:51 PM
joined the steam group, added myself to the spreadsheet, count me in :D

Everblue
15-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Masquerade Ballers (Elf, The Brain) 1 - 0 Doomdark's Revenge (Chaos, me)

Very tight game. First half I received, hoping to kill off a few of The Brain's rookie linemen and give myself a 1-0 lead and a numbers advantage in the second half. Didn't work out at all, with the elves' 7 armour proving more than sufficient (I STILL have no bloody tackle on a beastman - for about 6 games I've been promising myself that the next beastman to level will get tackle, and I've got bugger all SPP on my beastmen in those games). I had about a two thirds chance of a touchdown on turn 8, but failed a 3+ dodge to go in 0-0.

Second half was surprisingly close, and I managed to stall the elf attack (with some help from the dice), but in going for the win rather than the draw I tried to dodge my ball carrier away from his annoying bastard DT blodger sidestepper must die soon blitzer, and spilled the ball. It eventually wound up in the hands of one of the Brain's catchers, who scored on turn 16.

Good game.

President Weasel
15-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Oh it was glorious. The scoop, the long pass, the catch, the GFI, the other GFI, and the catch. Gloooorious.

I had 800 inducements to play with, so went with Zara, two merc linemen fodder, a wizard, a bribe and two babes. All useful in the end, though I think in hindsight I might have swapped the two fodder for one dirty player merc.

I also surfed about five chaos players.

I think you missed a GFI at the start there?
But essentially, that sums it up. It was pretty brutal, especially as I was a "Jim not rolling pow on 2 dice" away from winning 2-0.

And a dodge in the first place, no?

Machination
16-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Oh how this thread has grown since I was last here!

Suddenly finding myself with more available time, and likely to be so for awhile, so hoping to rejoin the leagues.

I have re-added the Slay City Slayers as an Undead team to the RPS leagues of DOOM.

Looking forward to some mayhem on the pitch.

Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo
16-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Mine and Cyber's game is done in E devision.
First half had him move down field with me unable to get anything but pushes and about to rage quit, he made a bunch of great dodges and catches to compleatly bypass me and get the ball down to my final yard line so i hit his pogoer with my wizard and KO'd him and then surrounded the ball as best i could but he still got a TD.
The last few turns of the half were more pushes, more rage, till i got fed up and went with a single die on a troll knocking him down and ultimatly KO'd. That was the only highlight for me in the first half...

Second half I recieved and his troll failed to get up which was the first smile i'd had all game. I picked up the ball and then the knockdown fest started...My first turn of the half i injured his other troll, a goblin and his goblin bomb thrower guy, and the next 2 consecutive turns it was another goblin and his chainsaw guy injured. So with little to stop me i moved in for a td.

I tride a short kick since he had but few goblins to stop me and no trolls, didnt quite work, we fought for the ball in the corner for a bit, he got free and was in range for another td somehow, i managed to stop that, and went for a final crazy(and stupid greedy idea) to get a touchdown from a pickup, run, pass dodge, ect shit which stopped at the ball pickup...His final turn saw him pick it up in 2 TZ and i was beginning to rage again but thankfully he was not able to make the dodge...

Was a fun game, i dont know about cyber but i spent alot of the game freaking the hell out

cyberpunkdreams
16-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Was a fun game, i dont know about cyber but i spent alot of the game freaking the hell out

I spent a lot of it making devil's horns and fist pumping the air in fact... until your injury fest, anyway ;). That last move actually ended on a failed pick-up I think, with re-roll. I used Samba on the odds afterwards: 5+ pick-up and two 3+ dodges, with dodge and a TRR, gave a 43% chance of success, so it wouldn't have been that fluky... just kinda fluky. Anyway, it was a fun and exciting match, and I think the 1-1 scoreline was a fair result.

Screwie
16-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Beasts of Bembridge (Nurg, Janek) vs Dread Pool (DElf, me)

I think my game against Janek can be summed up as, I overreached and paid the price. I think the fear of just how much Disturbing Presence screws up my game spurred me to push really hard to not get caught up in it.

On the first kick I sent three elves into the backfield to try and corner the lone beastman ball carrier. I injured one of my Pass Blockers trying to moved through TZs for an interception (which in hindsight would have worked just fine and caused the pass to scatter if he'd stopped one square earlier... dammit). Quite a few unnecessary GFIs.... the list goes on. I took a lot of chances. And the upshot of this was, I burned my TRRs quickly and then flopped around a lot because I had none to fall back on later.

The result was a bunch of elves throwing themselves in vain against a wall of... Nurgleness that creeped ever so slowly forward.

But despite all that, the match had some fantastic moments and reminded me just why I enjoy playing elves so much.

The first half Janek received and ground forward. Fortunately I was able to slow them right down with Shadowing and stubbornness. The drive continued down to my Turn 7 when, with the enemy ball carrier easily within scoring distance and heavily guarded, my assassin blitzed and desperation-stabbed the ball carrier... KO-ing him! Janek shoves away the blitzers marking the ball but fumbles the pick up. His half was over! I could hold the draw.

...Or I could do this in Turn 8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTlq7txhD94

:D

Unfortunately in my eagerness a skull-TRR-skull killed my receiving advantage right away, and we ended up with a second half looking very much like a repeat of the first.

Once again I managed to hold out to the very last, but Janek's warrior ball carrier was adjacent to the end zone in Turn 15 and all I could do was put three elves on him and try and prevent the blitz through. The third guy failed his dodge roll and so I couldn't present enough strength to cause a problem.

Janek finished it off neatly, scoring the goal on a follow-up to blocking one of my blodgers off the end of the pitch!

Final Score: Beasts of Bembridge 1 - 1 Dread Pool

Solidly entertaining match, especially considering it was a drag-out crawl from start to finish. Janek and I are both still tied at the top of our division, so it's all to play for in Day 3.

---

EDIT: Unrelated... @President Weasel, your forum inbox is full up sir.

Dolphan
16-11-2012, 10:44 AM
2-2 for me and Axler in div K. My elves played a classy first half, making a fairly smooth three-turn touchdown followed by successfully scaring the ball-carrying werewolf out of his cage, cornering him, retreiving the ball and making a neat pass and TD at the end of the half.

Unfortunately, in the second half my brain melted and I left a massive gap in the middle of the pitch for Axler to make a quick touchdown. Then I put the ball in harms way and got my players tied up in all the wrong places. I was nearly saved by a werewolf repeatedly failing to pick up the ball, but he finally managed to scoop it up and equalise in the final turn.

President Weasel
16-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Given my loss in the first game and Jiiim's entirely undeserved snatching away of my hard-won victory in my second, it is looking very much as though we'll have a 2030TV team in the lowest division next season; is this a record, and if so do I get a prize and/or a fancy hat?

(Screwie: I made my inbox emptier)

Screwie
16-11-2012, 12:01 PM
A 2000+TV Chaos team, at that. Ouchie.

ChainsawHands
16-11-2012, 12:01 PM
If by "a fancy hat" you mean "to see Morg three matches in a row" then... yes!

thekev506
16-11-2012, 04:58 PM
newbie question: When's the deadline to decide what team I'd like to play with for the next season? I keep putting different teams down then changing my mind

Hmm-Hmm.
16-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Heya. Been playing the CG game on and off since it came out and played it against AI primarily. The few matches I did play online were.. not too pretty. That was when LE came out, I think. Now feels like a good time to start some serious online play. There's a variety of teams I could choose to play and such. I do however wonder if I can just jump in like that (by adding my info to the google doc). I will be looking into lowering my ping if at all possible because it used to be pretty bad.

Ah well. Let me know and I'll pick a team (1000 TV or less I assume) to start with.

Jiiiiim
16-11-2012, 05:03 PM
yeah you can just add yourself in, await the next season (couple of weeks away) and you'll get assigned yo' division.

Yo.

Also hello Machination!

cyberpunkdreams
16-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Don't forget that there's also the much more informal Challenge League if you want to get some practice in there before the next round starts:

www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?147-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Challenge-League (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?147-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Challenge-League)

Hmm-Hmm.
16-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Don't forget that there's also the much more informal Challenge League if you want to get some practice in there before the next round starts:

www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?147-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Challenge-League (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?147-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Challenge-League)

Ahh. Seems like a sound idea. Thanks!

-edit- In the faq thread a networking guide is mentioned to be in the google doc for DOD but it isn't there. Can anyone point me at a different source of information? It would be greatly appreciated.

Jiiiiim
16-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Who the hell deleted that. Okay just for you I have tracked down the original post. Turns out it was Hughtower who brought it to our attention, so, well, that's another mystery solved

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?54-RPS-Blood-Bowl-League-The-many-many-Divisions-of-Death!&p=96172&viewfull=1#post96172

Someone stick that back in the spreadsheet please, I'm not qualified to tinker with it.

Corkir
16-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Mutilation record a 2-1 win over rattatatz to secure their berth in the championship for another season. If elf harm avoid defeat this round mutilation will be champions at the tender age of 11 games old but if grinns greenskins can win they will set up a winner takes all showdown at the end of the season. Drama or damp squib? We may find out tomorrow.

Machination
16-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Hello Jim!

Stupid question that may-or-may-not be within the marvelous spreadsheet:
I need to apply with a new team right? I can't reactivate the old Slay City Slayers one? (TV 1200~ish or so)

Edit - Nevermind; checked the rules sheet, dont think we reactivate, been gone too long, but I can remake the team.

potatoedoughnut
16-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Who the hell deleted that. Okay just for you I have tracked down the original post. Turns out it was Hughtower who brought it to our attention, so, well, that's another mystery solved

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?54-RPS-Blood-Bowl-League-The-many-many-Divisions-of-Death!&p=96172&viewfull=1#post96172

Someone stick that back in the spreadsheet please, I'm not qualified to tinker with it.

I seem to recall someone creating a FAQ at some point which might benefit from a networking guide section.

President Weasel
16-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Hello Jim!

Stupid question that may-or-may-not be within the marvelous spreadsheet:
I need to apply with a new team right? I can't reactivate the old Slay City Slayers one? (TV 1200~ish or so)

Edit - Nevermind; checked the rules sheet, dont think we reactivate, been gone too long, but I can remake the team.

Don't be too sure on that. Have they played anywhere else in the meantime?

Machination
16-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Don't be too sure on that. Have they played anywhere else in the meantime?

Nope, only games have been divisions of death...

President Weasel
16-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Should be OK to come back in, wait and see what Mr Groovy Chainsaw says.

Machination
16-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Should be OK to come back in, wait and see what Mr Groovy Chainsaw says.

Excellent... (rubbing hands together in machiavellian fashion)

sketchseven
16-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Altdorf Army 2 - 1 The Hertlingbrad Scholars

Robbed of at least a draw by a double skulls from Eeza who then lonered the reroll, which meant going into the half time break behind by a touchdown instead of in front by a touchdown (the ball having been knocked loose on a subsequent turn, but with me needing to merely push one player out of the way so my downed thrower could get back up and grab the ball back).

Eeza was not having a good game, boneheading almost every single turn (far more than he passed, anyway).

Oh well. It was a good game but once I'd gone behind there was no way back, not with my relatively fresh side against a very well developed opposing team.

If some kindly admin could validate that'd be awesome.

President Weasel
16-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Altdorf Army 2 - 1 The Hertlingbrad Scholars

Robbed of at least a draw by a double skulls from Eeza who then lonered the reroll, which meant going into the half time break behind by a touchdown instead of in front by a touchdown (the ball having been knocked loose on a subsequent turn, but with me needing to merely push one player out of the way so my downed thrower could get back up and grab the ball back).

Eeza was not having a good game, boneheading almost every single turn (far more than he passed, anyway).

Oh well. It was a good game but once I'd gone behind there was no way back, not with my relatively fresh side against a very well developed opposing team.

If some kindly admin could validate that'd be awesome.

There's an unkindly admin who's giving it a go, but for future reference it's easier for us if you put your Division letter or number with the report.

Alistair Hutton
16-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Sketchseven and I played a game in division C.

2 - 1 to me. A crucial double skull by Sketch's Ogre gave me a counter TD at the end of turn 1 and a standard 2 turn TD gave me a near certain 2 - 0 lead. Sketch got 1 back but with only 1 turn left he needed a Blitz. A Blitz did not come.

Everything to play for going into the last game of the season.

President Weasel
16-11-2012, 09:14 PM
See? that's the way you do it. Learn from Hutton, people.
I have done the validation thing for both matches in Div C.
Also validated a match in E and one in K, both put their Divisions in the match report (you lovely helpful people). Now I need to go find whatever Division Screwie is in and validate that.

sketchseven
16-11-2012, 09:16 PM
... if you put your Division letter or number with the report.

Ah but that wouldn't test your deductive skills at all, would it?

...sowwy Weasel

President Weasel
16-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Don't sweat it, I'm always grumpy about something.

Alistair Hutton
16-11-2012, 10:56 PM
What's that Nuffle, you want to give a second catcher on my team AG 4? Are you sure? I had been thinking of giving him Wrestle. Well, okay then, if you insist. AG 4 it is.

President Weasel
16-11-2012, 11:14 PM
The Altdorf Army ain't what they used to be. They used to be a dreaded Wall of Guard team; now they're... elves?

Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo
16-11-2012, 11:49 PM
K my Ball carrier beastman with two heads and extra arms just rolled +1 Str, yea? or take dodge?

cyberpunkdreams
17-11-2012, 12:03 AM
K my Ball carrier beastman with two heads and extra arms just rolled +1 Str, yea? or take dodge?

Definitely dodge. He's already got horns for when he needs it.

Heliocentric
17-11-2012, 12:07 AM

Its an odd one, He's able to blitz out of trouble with regularity because of horns, +50TV for +st almost seems punitive when you are already loaded up with ST4 guys.

My suggestion? Block, not dodge. He's a ball carrier and will be the target of blitzers, he'll be just as able to defend himself as if he had dodge, He can dodge well(2+) anyway with heads and block doesn't get cancelled out by tackle (sure, wrestle does, but that's safer and rarer) Its also useful offensively, there are a whole bunch of times where blitzing your ball carrier out of trouble will be safer than dodging and block will allow you to turn the 1/9 turn over from your own block vs most players into a 1/36 risk(without even using a reroll).

Block 'cost' 10TV less and it will promote further SPP gain.

Just my 2¥

potatoedoughnut
17-11-2012, 12:14 AM
I'd get dodge as it will help with dodging and also help him not get knocked over on a blitz. Next skill I'd take block.

President Weasel
17-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Get the str, to force 2 dice against blocks when your opponent can only get a single player in hitting range. More effective than dodge, given the number of safeties you'll encounter with tackle or strip ball. Also 2 dice for you when you don't have the ball and you're marking someone.

Screwie
17-11-2012, 12:40 AM
ST, definitely ST. Ball carriers should always take ST, and Chaos should always take ST. Take ST.

chadsexington
17-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Played Div K match vs Screwies Journeymen.

50 Shades of Beard (Chaos Dwarf - chadsexington) vs Teefer Madness (Orc - Screwie)

I won the toss and the kick went off field - a perfect result when you want a to give a centaur the ball. I quickly cage a few squares from half and begin hitting. Every hit is a push. Oh well.

Screwie did not have that problem, landing the majority of his early blocks (I manage to catch up later, but I digress). He also mucks up any plans I have of going forward - at least on that half of the pitch. He manages to leave two dwarf blockers unmarked, so I reverse the direction, aided by the sprint and sure feet combo of the centaur - end up on the other side of the pitch.

Screwie has problems regaining proper marks, allowing me to put that centaur two squares from the endzone and mark almost anyone who can reach him.

Enter the hero goblin.

One to two dodges and a double against block later, the ballcarrying centaur is lying facedown on the pitch and the goblin in the infirmary.

Its all for naught, however, as the centaur gets up, scoops the ball, and walks in the TD.

1-0 Beard.

4 turns remain for Screwie to equalize, and i'm making it as difficult as I can. He gets the ball in the hands of a goblin and sticks him beside a troll. Fearing a toss, I put a few safeties downfield to do what I can.

The play was a fake! The goblin rushes downfield and is within 1 turn of a TD. Most of my players are marked up pretty good, so I have difficulty getting the proper positions.

My crucial mistake was not recognizing the subtle differences between a downed centaur and a perfectly fine centaur. I wasted my charge in what I thought was a regular attack, leaving Screwies ball carrying gobbo a GFI away from a TD.

1-1

I kickoff at half, and through a completely intentional kick, put it right on the TD line in the back corner. Screwie gets a break when I try to capitalize by moving my centaurs deep into his territory - failing the GFI on the first one.

He refuses to make use of this by failing to pick up the ball with his Sure Hands Thrower and knocking it off field. Luckily for him it landed about two squares from where it was, remaining safely out of my grasp.

He scoops it up, runs up a bit, and tosses it to a waiting goblin who watches the ball pass through his fingers.

About this time my blocking stats start outpacing Screwies, getting many clutch knockdowns and KO's. I scoop the ball and push up towards the TD, though I elect to try to handoff to a centaur instead of walking it in. Swing and a miss.

A few more handoff attempts sees the centaur finally grab the ball, somewhere around turn 15.

2-1 Beard

Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo
17-11-2012, 01:42 AM
ok, so still on the fence about that, but another question, my pub chaos team has a chaos warrior whos first level up was +1 STR, now he finally leveled and got doubles, oh god what to do, dodge? and then get block just in case i dont get doubles again? ARGH

Jiiiiim
17-11-2012, 01:53 AM
dodge (then block, then DT on a doubles, stand firm on a normal) and he is possibly the most annoying roadblock ever

chadsexington
17-11-2012, 06:39 AM
So, doubles on a centaur. Jump up for irritating-ness later? Dodge, or ignore?

Heliocentric
17-11-2012, 06:50 AM
ok, so still on the fence about that, but another question, my pub chaos team has a chaos warrior whos first level up was +1 STR, now he finally leveled and got doubles, oh god what to do, dodge? and then get block just in case i dont get doubles again? ARGH

Jump up, you are av9,falling down occasionally isn't a problem really. But your mv4 is. That st5 can break tackle into some cages(4+) and still get 2D blocks alone (st2 ball carriers), but all that mobility is wrecked by falling down. Not only does jump up mean an extra "standing up blitz" (on a 2+)but also it allows for greater positioning and marking.

Everblue
17-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Block. There are too many good skills on normal rolls - +1st, block, guard, mighty blow, tentacles, claw, stand firm and you can't even get all of those. My divisions team has a st5, block warrior and he just dominates games.

edit -that reply was to jo

20phoenix
17-11-2012, 08:55 AM

I agree with Screwie - take the ST. Your main aim for a ball carrier is to make yourself hard to hit and ST is great for that. Yes, horns give you an extra ST on a blitz but you shouldn't be blitzing with your ball carrier anyway unless you're in a jam. ST 4 carrier sat in a cage means your opponent has to get a guard assist in just to get 1d on the carrier. Get some guard on your cage corners and you're golden.

Alistair Hutton
17-11-2012, 11:22 AM
The Altdorf Army ain't what they used to be. They used to be a dreaded Wall of Guard team; now they're... elves?

Shit over-priced elves. Yeah, it is slightly annoying. I've had a high turnover of two of my Blitzer positions and every time the replacement blitzers have rolled a double for their first level up (before dieing a few games later) so Dodge is basically mandatory. So I have 4 blodgers on my team which is very nice but only 4 Guard, an one of those Guard is on a Ogre (so unreliable), another is on an Armour 7 player (easy to lose from the game) and the third is on my Bloatey McBloat bloat of a Lineman (Wrestle Guard Tackle Side Step).

AG 4 on my Catchers basically turn them into slow Gutter Runners who can't get mutations.

Woe, woe is me.

Screwie
17-11-2012, 12:20 PM
So, doubles on a centaur. Jump up for irritating-ness later? Dodge, or ignore?

If you're going to use him as a scorer, I would say Dodge for keeping him upright (and to go with Break Tackle later) or maybe Side Step for annoyance factor.

If you're going the killer blitzer route, then Jump Up would be good, assuming you'll get Piling On later. Or Diving Tackle if he's to play a defensive role.

sketchseven
17-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Shit over-priced elves. Yeah, it is slightly annoying. Woe, woe is me.

I did make a spirited effort to kill some of them but sadly it didn't quite work out as planned. His team are all a bit elvish so I decided to just batter them and foul them off the pitch. It was working pretty well, right up until the point I needed to just free up my thrower to grab the loose ball - but my Ogre rather badly let me down, dskulls followed by lonering the reroll. At which point AH elfed the ball up field and the game was over.

Edit: Just ran the match through BBM. Failed 6 out of 16 Bonehead rolls with Eeza, and rolled a staggering number of 1s in the match - 31 1D6 rolls, 10 1s.

chadsexington
17-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Edit: Just ran the match through BBM. Failed 6 out of 16 Bonehead rolls with Eeza, and rolled a staggering number of 1s in the match - 31 1D6 rolls, 10 1s.

One of the seasons I had my norse my yeti failed something like 12/15 wild animal rolls - all bonused. The remaining turns he was KO'd or BH'd.

I'm not going to lie, but most of the time I was thinking he'd make a much better rug than player.

Heliocentric
17-11-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm [...] thinking he'd make a much better rug than player.

I have tried to do it.

JayTee
18-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Despite myself I bought Chaos Edition the other day (Mainly so I had a version of BB on Steam for less faff) so after a long break I'm getting that BloodBowl itch again, so I'll jump back in next Season please.

I can either bring back my 1980TV Khemri team or if that's too awkward to fit in somewhere I'd be happy to roll up something new and different.

Everblue
18-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Erm no. We have no room for that team. We only have room for a fresh underworld team.

Alistair Hutton
18-11-2012, 12:41 PM
I did make a spirited effort to kill some of them but sadly it didn't quite work out as planned. His team are all a bit elvish so I decided to just batter them and foul them off the pitch. It was working pretty well, right up until the point I needed to just free up my thrower to grab the loose ball - but my Ogre rather badly let me down, dskulls followed by lonering the reroll. At which point AH elfed the ball up field and the game was over.

Well, to be fair that means 6 of those 10 1s were Eeza. that just leaves 4 1s for the rest of your rolls.

potatoedoughnut
18-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Graever and I just played our day 2 div D game.

Some early good armour rolls lead to one of his blizers picking up -1str (apo to dead) and a KO on a lino and star player. This let me get in a position to turtle out the half near the endzone.

Graever decided he didn't like his prospects being at a ~400TV deficit and being down a couple players so conceded.

I'm sorry the match didn't go according to plan Graever. Best of luck to you in your next match!

smaug81
18-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Div. D: Rakish Rodents (INinja, Ska) 1 - 2 Irrelevant Illnesses (Me, Nur)

A poor match for Ninja. Though I was the underdog, receiving some 400k+ of inducements (which went to two Babes and Grashnak Blackhoof), the casualty dice nevertheless rapidly turned in my favor, leaving Ninja with little means to mount a defense.

The match started out rather more positively for him, with him choosing to kick and immediately getting a Blitz on the result. Capitalizing on this, his Rat Ogre promptly KO'd one of my Block-MB-Tackle Pestigors and cleared a path for rats to flood into the backfield. Though the GR standing under the ball failed to catch the kick, my defensive efforts were nevertheless insufficient, and only served to delay the TD by a few turns (though I did also manage to BH Ninja's monster level 6 GR).

Receiving again, things went rather better for me the second time around. Though I still failed my initial pickup, I also began to quickly rack up casualties. Blackhoof in particular earned his salary with a couple of solid hits, including Badly Hurting Ninja's Rat Ogre. Over the 5 or 6 turns I had remaining in the first half to make it down the pitch, I took out a total of 4 rats. This left the Rodents with little enough to stop me, and my ball carrying Pestigor successfully made the single GFI to walk into the endzone on Turn 8.

Though Ninja was receiving for the second half, this did him little good, as a failed pickup lead to Blackhoof blitzing his way through the skaven line and charging into the backfield to mark the ball. The rest of my players proceeded to bash every rat within reach and mark the rest, with my two tackle Pestigors dropping back to mark the GRs that had slipped down the sidelines towards my endzone. On the next attempt, the pickup was successful, with the skaven thrower carrying forward to the line to attempt a long pass to one of the waiting GRs. Though the interception attempt failed, Disturbing Presence ensured that the pass was fumbled. Scuffling ensued, which eventually resulted in me recovering the ball and getting it into a reasonably secure position. Though Ninja got a couple more attempts to dislodge the ball before I could get it into a solid cage, neither of these succeeded. From that point forward, the remainder of the second half was a fairly standard grind to the endzone. I even finally succeeded in getting the ball into the hands of my one remaining skilless Pestigor, who then carried the ball easily in for the winning TD on the final turn.

So once again I find my team punching above their weight, and succeeding where I had not looked for it. My block dice were genuinely obscene, resulting in success 71% of the time. Injury dice were also above average, with a 50% success rate. That alone pretty much tells the tale, as the Rodents just didn't have the manpower to slow me down most of the game. Thanks for playing, Ninja. Better luck next match. :)

Graever
18-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Graever and I just played our day 2 div D game.

Some early good armour rolls lead to one of his blizers picking up -1str (apo to dead) and a KO on a lino and star player. This let me get in a position to turtle out the half near the endzone.

Graever decided he didn't like his prospects being at a ~400TV deficit and being down a couple players so conceded.

I'm sorry the match didn't go according to plan Graever. Best of luck to you in your next match!

Once again, Sorry for just quitting on you.

However I'd like to make the point that it had very little to do with the dead blitzer (nuffle happens) and everything to do with the difference in levels between your players and mine. I just couldn't see how to accomplish anything worthwhile against that monster of a team you've managed to assemble and so ended up quitting out of sheer frustration.

I mean I'm far from the best blood bowl player even by RPS standards but usually i can at least see some possibility of winning (or at least surviving) a match rather then just lying down and getting beaten to pieces.

El Cubo
18-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Oh, take your beating like a man. It builds character!

...I'll get me coat.

Corkir
18-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Played 11 won 11 and completed the perfect record by winning the championship before dropping a point. A touchdown record of 36 for to 6 against underlines the ease of the cruise with only zenohero putting up a contest. Bow down before me my bitches ;-)

I am in two minds if i should carry on with this team after such a dominant run. I am thinking reroll out my comfort zone, maybe to norse or lizard, or keep mutilation but handicap them by trying to find a use for assassins and move away from the normal player builds and tactics and try something new with dark elves.

cyberpunkdreams
18-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Played 11 won 11 and completed the perfect record by winning the championship before dropping a point. A touchdown record of 36 for to 6 against underlines the ease of the cruise with only zenohero putting up a contest. Bow down before me my bitches ;-)

I am in two minds if i should carry on with this team after such a dominant run. I am thinking reroll out my comfort zone, maybe to norse or lizard, or keep mutilation but handicap them by trying to find a use for assassins and move away from the normal player builds and tactics and try something new with dark elves.

Congratulations! Just the Open to go now...

20phoenix
19-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Congrats! Impressive achievement Corkir especially that TD difference. I don't feel that handicapping them is the way forward though. Either reroll or build a dynasty as Jiiiiiiim did with the magnates in my opinion. Reason being that as a coach I don't want to win because my opponent has decided to gimp their team, I want to win on merit. That may just be my competitive edge talking though :)

grinn
19-11-2012, 12:45 AM

Oi, oi, you might have won the championship on points but you still haven't played my Nobz yet. Hold your tanned bollocks before waving the undefeated flag - you've just given me more reasons to invest in extra hurty squig juice for our upcoming match :p

Zenohero
19-11-2012, 04:48 AM

Grrr I will drag my team to the top for a rematch, just you wait! It's fun to play against teams that have something like that going, so my two cents is leave them be and see who can rise and challenge you in the next few season ;)

mrpier
19-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Congrats Corkir! I reckon I could have squeezed out a draw against you if I had had better luck on one or two dice rolls in the first half. Especially that 2+ pass, 3+ catch with reroll which would have given me a goal. Snake eyes are so unfair when they happen to me! ;-)

Screwie
19-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Congratulations Corkir, an impressive achievement.

But why retire? You'd be missing out on the other half of the essential elf experience, your team collapsing under the weight of its own injuries and spiralling expenses!

groovychainsaw
19-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Well done Corkir, a rapid rise to power indeed!

If I were you I'd hang around for a season or two to prove your might before retiring, it's hard to hang on at the top. I think you might have skipped past some challenging teams in div 1 and 2, too (*cough*LIKE ME*cough*), and you know how the BB fans will talk if it turns out to be a 'one-season wonder' ;-).

President Weasel
19-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Indeed, with the new structure of the divisions it's not rising to the top that's the real challenge, it's staying there. With 2-down one-up for the top divisions, it's a slippery slope.

Machination
19-11-2012, 08:06 PM
1. I noticed that Jiim's Magnates went on to win the championship, several times.

I TOLD YOU SO

2. Groovy, what do you think about restarting the Slay City Slayers? They've only played DoD, and only about 3 (4?) games; I don't mind rerolling but if its ok to bring them back I would rather do that, if only for nostalgia.

groovychainsaw
19-11-2012, 09:02 PM
what TV are they at? considering PW's 2000tv team will be down there, I don't think it'll be too mean to drop in a 1100 or so team

Machination
19-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Slay City Slayers are at 1220 TV with 2-2 historical record

cyberpunkdreams
19-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Slay City Slayers are at 1220 TV with 2-2 historical record

I believe the rules say yes? Aren't returning teams always allowed, regardless of race limits?

Heliocentric
20-11-2012, 09:06 AM
I believe the rules say yes? Aren't returning teams always allowed, regardless of race limits?

Never heard that. But it seems like a good rule.

President Weasel
20-11-2012, 09:28 AM
what TV are they at? considering PW's 2000tv team will be down there, I don't think it'll be too mean to drop in a 1100 or so team

the bigger question is "can the 1900 TV Khemri team rejoin?"

groovychainsaw
20-11-2012, 10:08 AM
I might just throw all you guys together down there to scrap it out :-), call it the 'vets division'

grinn
20-11-2012, 10:23 AM

Nabbing the championship is one thing, holding on to the title is another. Elves are great at nicking wins, but do your pansies have what it takes to stay alive and on top? With a bit of help from Nuffle on who you draw in your division and a bit more help from the fickle on with those games that could have gone against you, it's not inconceivable to shoot up to the champs. But the championship title has been in a state of flux since the colossal Magnates retired (after a long long run of title-holding). So there was no uber team to topple for you. A bit of luck and skill in two matches with a scoring-oriented team and you nabbed it. Kudos to that, but before fainting over the tenderness of your scented-oiled, flower-fragrant elfy skin, give substance to your claims of uberness by hanging on to the title for a few seasons :p

President Weasel
20-11-2012, 10:25 AM
I might just throw all you guys together down there to scrap it out :-), call it the 'vets division'

And how exactly would that be different from me playing JOLIMA AND JIIIM in the lower leagues this season?
I demand some new teams to beat up. Demand, I say!

ChainsawHands
20-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Yes, championship wins only really count if you've managed precisely one title defence, too. (Any more than that is just showing off.)

JayTee
20-11-2012, 11:00 AM
I might just throw all you guys together down there to scrap it out :-), call it the 'vets division'Call it the 'Old Farts Division' and I'm sold.

20phoenix
20-11-2012, 01:29 PM
My rats tore it up against Karandraz last night in a 4-1 win. My dice ran hot for a lot of the game to the point where I was mildly surpised when I failed a 2+, 3+, 3+ 2+ sequence to pick up the ball in a lizard tackle zone. Karandraz meanwhile had a few instances of double skulls to contend with in the first half and by the time he got some assistance from Nuffle the game was pretty much settled.

Respect to the man for taking it all in good humour. Could a kindly admin validate the game please? My +MV thrower, MB stormvermin and +AG gutter all levelled and i'm excited to see what nuffle has in store :)

ChainsawHands
20-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Could a kindly admin validate the game please?NO! I'm taking a STAND on this! No validations without posting WHAT DIVISION YOU'RE IN!

Also I'm not at home so I can't do it anyway.

President Weasel
20-11-2012, 01:52 PM
NO! I'm taking a STAND on this! No validations without posting WHAT DIVISION YOU'RE IN!

Also I'm not at home so I can't do it anyway.

I agree 100% with every part of 'Hands's post. (Including the part where I am also not at home and so couldn't do it anyway).
Come on though, you're a page away from me posting grumpily about the extra hassle caused by people not posting their division, and already you're not posting your division? For shame.

groovychainsaw
20-11-2012, 02:24 PM
To be fair chaps, 20phoenix did put it in the sheet, which i know you all have handily bookmarked for quick access (right?). It's not too painful to look in there for the division if the score has been entered. If the score hasn't been entered then we of course have the acid bricks to make it painful for those who are trying to inflict pain on us.

Screwie
20-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Division K
Necrosity (Nec, Axler) vs Teefer Madness (Orc, me)
Final Score: 3 - 0 to meeeee

A bit of a one-sided match. Axler had some unlucky rolls, and it seemed goblins were too tempting a distraction for him. I KO'd his Block werewolf in my first turn, after it tried to blitz away one of my many goblins. The wolf didn't wake up until Turn 16, leaving Axler's side underskilled in the bashing game throughout the match.

My third goal was a one-turn TTM which required two GFIs in a blizzard... so yes, Nuffle was surely effing with Axler.

Zoraster
20-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Groovy may be trying to be fair but the fiend 20Phoenix is trying to waste admin time anyway as the game was validated at 04:30 this morning. I had to forgo my morning run to complete this onerous task. Dedication you see, nothing to do with it being bloody cold and wet out.

groovychainsaw
20-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Well, I'll make sure you are mentioned in the end of season honours for forgoing your run. Some sort of 'I gave up my fitness for blood bowl' award seems appropriate.

Everblue
20-11-2012, 02:57 PM
If 20phoenix is deliberately wasting admin time then he/she must be punished! Either the comfy chair or the acid bricks seem appropriate.

desvergeh
20-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Division 1 -

I need to request an extension to fit in my game against Jarvis. We have been unable to coordinate a mutually acceptable time until saturday.

Let us know if this will cause any problems.

President Weasel
20-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Division K
Necrosity (Nec, Axler) vs Teefer Madness (Orc, me)

Good boy, Screwie.

Screwie
20-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Of course I did it to be flippant, but now I kind of like how it looks. I'm thinking all my match reports will have headlines from now on...

potatoedoughnut
20-11-2012, 03:44 PM
GC - you'll be happy to know that zombie Baron Blitzkrieg has finally gotten his first SPP!

After 30 games with 0 spp he got an MVP and TD from the default and now has block.

This is certainly the longest any player I've had has gone with 0 spp. It looks like the Baron was killed/raised on 7/8/2011, so it took over a year!

Heliocentric
20-11-2012, 03:51 PM
GC - you'll be happy to know that zombie Baron Blitzkrieg has finally gotten his first SPP!

After 30 games with 0 spp he got an MVP and TD from the default and now has block.

This is certainly the longest any player I've had has gone with 0 spp. It looks like the Baron was killed/raised on 7/8/2011, so it took over a year!

And then the next match he failed his regeneration against a death.

groovychainsaw
20-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Nice to see he's gone on to so much more, he was only in my team for a couple of games. My other catchers hired at the same time also took about a year to get any SPPs. However his wife, Baroness Blitzkrieg, is on a quest for revenge and already has 2 levels since her husband's death! :-)

20phoenix
20-11-2012, 06:15 PM
*Nervously clears throat* Ahem....

Ladies and Gentlefolk of the administration board. Firstly let me applaud you on the magnificent job you folks are doing. It must be hard keeping Weasel in his seat in front of the telly and not ringing Points of View to complain about "that gang bang style song" being played in the grand prix build up.

I respectfully apologise for any wrongdoing on my behalf when requesting a validation for my game and humbly beg your forgiveness for such flagrant disregard for proper procedures. I also sincerely apologise to Zoraster for the increased size of his/her waistline today due to lack of activity caused by requesting a validation that had already been completed. I have taken it upon myself to eat a gigantic slice of chocolate cake to level the score. Due to the lateness of the finishing time of our game I left it till lunchtime today to submit the request but was unable to check validation status as I was in work.

I grudgingly submit my testicles to be acid bricked so my genetic code may be wiped from humanitys gene pool thus preventing the possibility of such ignorance being allowed to reproduce.

Heliocentric
20-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Acid bricks are currently in maintainince, the alkali blender is standing in, it's prone to jamming, might take a few goes.

20phoenix
20-11-2012, 07:25 PM
I hope you've sharpened the blades.....

Heliocentric
20-11-2012, 07:32 PM
I hope you've sharpened the blades.....

I turned the blade around, the cutting edge was getting kinda ragged.

President Weasel
20-11-2012, 09:02 PM
3 days remaining until the deadline, and some of you have barely begun to organise your games. Start spinning up the blender, Helio.

Those in danger of being frappéed, remember the miracle of Steam chat allows you to talk to your prospective opponent and arrange a game, and this forum has private message facilities. Kindly endeavour to arrange your matches.

Elesium
20-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Ok...Lowkey and I have played our game in Div J.

Lowkey 3-1 Elesium

The first half ended quite well, 1-1 and no injuries or anything, two teams playing well. The 2nd half began as it went on, the first kick off result = Stone = DEAD. One HElf Linesman dead. With a badly hurt falling shortly after, my team was incapable of stopping him scoring, to add to it, he killed one of my other linesman in a block.

This means that my HElf team is now at 8 men (lost a guy first game due to a -1 strength through firing) and is done I think, after the game versus Recoil I am going to send this team to the BB graveyard.

Good game to Lowkey, he played well and was a good sport about the bad luck I had.

All praise the great lord Nuffle! He shall giveth and he shall murder all your players!

President Weasel
20-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I have validated your match; both you in your post, and Lowkey in his "please validate our match I got all the levels" steam-o-chat mentioned it was div J and made my life easier, and I thank you for this.

LowKey
20-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Aye thanks for the game Elesium, nuffle gave you a tough hand and you did your best with it. I find elf teams can be a bit make or break early on, risking getting into a financial spiral down, although I saw you got a couple of levels so conflicting!

President Weasel
20-11-2012, 10:17 PM
the thing about elf teams is that you get str 3 agi 4 loners who are genuinely useful out of the box, so even having a short roster isn't necessarily a killer - you also get the bonus of being able to put those players on the line to take the hits, since you don't care about them. You're likely to be lower in TV than your opponents if you're in that state, which should even afford you the luxury of taking a merc and not being inevitably outnumbered for the whole match after one injury.

Cacamas
20-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Div H
Blackest of Black Blacks 1 - 2 Primordial Stew

* A good, if frustrating, game where, if dice had ran a different way at the crucial moments, would've resulted in a win. But it was not to be.
* Crucial moment 1: Two pestigors have made a break for it but I have defenders in reach. Either I risk a 1d block with a re-roll or, with a few extra moves, have a potential 2d block with more defenders in place if it fails. So I try to move my ghoul. Snake-eyes.
* Crucial moment 2: I need a quick TD before the 1st half ends so try a long pass to my ghoul near the endzone, hoping my passer doesn't fumble it. I know there are no defenders nearby so it doesn't matter if the pass fails, as long as he doesn't fumble it. Pestigor intercepts in a tackle zone with a 6.
* Crucial moment 3: A pestigor has KO'd himself, leaving the ball tantalisingly open. All I need is my mummy to 2d blitz a pestigor away and I can recover the ball with my ghoul. Double skulls rerolled to double both down.
* Crucial moment 4: The ball carrying pestigor has just fumbled a pass beside my star player and my str 4 ghoul. A good blitz followed by a pick up should give me a break away with only two defenders in reach. Star player breaks away, hits pestigor but using my reroll. Ghoul attempts pick up. It can only be 1
* Crucial moment 5: Somehow, I can still equalise on my last turn with some ridiculous dice. 2 3+ dodges, 4 GFIs, 4+ ball pick up after reroll and I'm in position with a 4+ pass and possible 5+ catch. Yeah, rolled a 1. (ok this was less likely :)

Elesium
20-11-2012, 11:22 PM
I think the key thing for me is I wasn't enjoying playing as them, being able to pass and things is nice, but all in all both games I've not felt as if I have enjoyed playing the game. Not too take away from Lowkey or Heliocentric, but the 2nd halves is so demoralising as no reserves, limited re-rolls and squishy players means that no matter how strong your first half is, the 2nd is a cake walk. I am a bashy player at heart me thinks.

cyberpunkdreams
20-11-2012, 11:42 PM
I am a bashy player at heart me thinks.

We're all different in that respect. I'm a passing player. I even turned my dwarf team in the Challenge into passers at the first sign of a double. (And it works! Two TD by passing plays in their last match.)

sketchseven
20-11-2012, 11:50 PM
We're all different in that respect. I'm a passing player. I even turned my dwarf team in the Challenge into passers at the first sign of a double. (And it works! Two TD by passing plays in their last match.)

I still need to kill that little bastard with HMP.

cyberpunkdreams
21-11-2012, 12:12 AM
I still need to kill that little bastard with HMP.

I forgot, you were there ;).

President Weasel
21-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Now there are two days remaining until the deadline. Get your games organised, or risk inconveniencing anyone else and having them be mildly annoyed at you.

... actually I just said it was OK if someone got their game in by 1pm on Saturday so I suppose the rest of you can have until then too, but no later, or I will have you nibbled to death by hungry weasels. I can do that, I have that power.

Kapouille
21-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Got Sollitus pinged on all channels (Steam, PM and Division group), hopefully we'll get it done before then

Dog Pants
21-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Div A: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 2 - 0 Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git (ORC, Squirrelfanatic)

The fans roar in anticipation of a bloody game between these fighting teams, as Anupshi Rises make a short kick. Catching their opponents off guard, the Khemri lurch forwards to menace the ball before the Orcs can react. Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git rush to react but their thrower can't keep his hands on the ball, which bounds further from him. The Anupshi Thro-Ra is not far away, and seeing an opportunity grabs it and in an uncharacteristically dexterous play hands off to his colleague who dashes for the line. The Orc thrower tries to make amends by catching the hurrying Thro-Ra, but somewhere along the line the bony ball carrier has picked up some extra strength and pushes through for a record speed touchdown for Anupshi Rises.
Play begins again with ball falling near the centre line again, and the Orcs don't fall for the same kick twice. The thrower collects and passes across the pitch to a waiting blitzer behind the line of scrimmage. Meanwhile the orc line clears a path by giving their opponents a good pounding. The attackers cage up and drive right down the centre of the pitch through the smashed defences, but can't make it through in time before their opponents are on their feet again. The cage is burst and the ball changes hands a few times in the confusion, ending up in the hands of a Thro-Ra after he kills the unfortunate Orc thrower. As the ball carrier tears off the Orcs concentrate on the fight, knowing the lumbering corpse can't make the line in time. Unfortunately for them the only casualty of the scrap is their own goblin who picks up an injury.

The second half starts with a high pass to the waiting Thro-Ra, who is caged and driven up the left field. The Orcs squeeze, but the extra strength of the attackers smashes a gap along the line and the Thro-Ra squeezes through for another rapid touchdown.
Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git take the ball from the right field and cage against an aggressive defence, but lose the ball to a plucky blitz. They recover again, but by this point the fight is three deep on all sides and most of the half is taken by a brawl which takes up almost every player on both sides. Towards the end the ball comes loose and ricochets wildly, ending up with the Khemri on the right side for another run at the touchline, but with no time left for anything but a little more fighting.

Squiz
21-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Div A: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 2 - 0 Rock, Paper, Sneaky Git (ORC, Squirrelfanatic)Sorry again Dog Pants, hope you get a better fight out of wink.

I didn't bother to use my Apoth on the thrower, poor guy even had a double. Oh well, I'll be retiring after this season.

Edit: He didn't have a double after all. Sorry, Vinraith.

Heliocentric
22-11-2012, 01:40 AM
Sorry again Dog Pants, hope you get a better fight out of wink.

I didn't bother to use my Apoth on the thrower, poor guy even had a double. Oh well, I'll be retiring after this season.

How am I doing btw? It's a shame I'll never meet myself.

Squiz
22-11-2012, 06:32 AM
How am I doing btw? It's a shame I'll never meet myself.You are doing fine, still alive and kickin', the Helio we all know and love. 48SPPs, Block, Mighty Blow, Dodge, Tackle, one of the team's best workhorses.

President Weasel
22-11-2012, 07:54 AM
Sorry again Dog Pants, hope you get a better fight out of wink.

Retiring the team, or from the Divisions? I hope it's the former - if the latter, I sincerely hope it wasn't something we said?

Everblue
22-11-2012, 07:55 AM
You made Helio a blitzer? I had him down as a goblin.

Squiz
22-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Retiring the team, or from the Divisions? I hope it's the former - if the latter, I sincerely hope it wasn't something we said?I'm retiring from the Divisions. No worries, it has nothing to do with the community and it won't affect the outstanding matches in the Open in any way.

@Everblue: Yeah, he's my team's star. The idea was to have a butcher that goes around collecting skulls. Thinking about it, I also never had a Sneaky Git player on my roster. Failed.

Everblue
22-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Don't worry SF - I think having Helio on your roster is sufficient.

groovychainsaw
22-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Me and boots played our week 2 game last night. My humies versus his lizards. I was glad again of hiring an ogre for this season given I was facing off against 8(!) big lizards, thanks to him hiring slibli on top of his 6 saurus and one krox. First half, I receive, get into a great position, go for a pass/catch touchdown, my catcher drops the ball, ball comes back at me and a successful handoff to a saurus sees boots get the first TD. Couple of skinks have gone down though, netting me a few spps. I go all out with 3 turns left, running 4 catchers down one wing. One gets injured, but an early end to boots' turn (misclick?) means a simple pass and catch to make it 1-1 with one turn left. Stupidly, I set up with 3 in the centre. Boots then executes a perfect set of pushes to get skink within 1 GFI of a TD. Handsoff to the skink, who runs it in, burning boots' last reroll of the half to make the GFI. Bugger.

Second half, I'm kicking off to boots, manage to get into his backfield and keep his lizards occupied, his skinks approach and I start taking care of those, too. Eventually I hit his ball-carrying skink and the ball goes off the pitch and lands in his end-zone. Cue a footrace to the ball, won by me only due to another inaccurate click from boots seeing a saurus trying to make a dodge at an inopportune moment. A blitzer scoops up the ball in the endzone, 2-2.

2 turns left. I set up spread out so that we'll have no more one-turn touchdowns today. As there's a wing open I put Zod (my str5 biltzer, remember!) and my best catcher right on the line. This pays off when I'm on the receiving end of a blitz! I get the catcher under the ball ,she makes the catch and zod bashes down the nearest saurus. If I can only tie up the remaining 7 sauruses.... Naturally, I can't, and for all that catcher's defensive skills, the tackle saurus takes her down and the ball is spilled. Cue 2 turns near the lizard endzone trying to get it back. Game ends 2-2, an exciting, close-run thing throughout.

Thanks for the game, boots!

Screwie
22-11-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm retiring from the Divisions. No worries, it has nothing to do with the community and it won't affect the outstanding matches in the Open in any way.

Wait are you planning to retire from the Open too, after the current season?

It's a shame to see you go.

Squiz
22-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I think so, yes. There are still a few games left to play in the current season, so I'll see how it is when that has finished.

ChainsawHands
22-11-2012, 02:32 PM
I think I'll probably take a break from the Divisions after this season. I'll still be in the Open for the rest of this season, but when that finishes I'm currently planning to drop out of that and rejoin the Divisions. So basically I'm cutting down to one league, rather than two. I've been thinking about it for a while, and now seems like a good time: Elf Harm have won and defended the championship, and I'm pretty sure they've now peaked and only have a downward spiral of death and -stats ahead of them.

groovychainsaw
22-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Nooooooo! Not my fellow chainsaw-monickered friend! At least you will return to the glorious divisions in the future, I guess you'll need some time to find a team that will work as well as your horrible, horrible elf harm.

Heliocentric
22-11-2012, 07:58 PM

You just made my list.

Screwie
22-11-2012, 08:25 PM

Actually I asked to be a goblin. :)

The Brain
22-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I think I'll probably take a break from the Divisions after this season. I'll still be in the Open for the rest of this season, but when that finishes I'm currently planning to drop out of that and rejoin the Divisions. So basically I'm cutting down to one league, rather than two. I've been thinking about it for a while, and now seems like a good time: Elf Harm have won and defended the championship, and I'm pretty sure they've now peaked and only have a downward spiral of death and -stats ahead of them.

This scuppers my plan to climb to the champs and face Elf Harm in an Elf on Elf showdown. Ah well, I'd have probably lost anyway since I only have one measly stat up in my whole team.

Squiz
22-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Actually I asked to be a goblin. :)And I tried to make you one. But Cyanide said no to your name. :D

Screwie
22-11-2012, 08:52 PM
And I tried to make you one. But Cyanide said no to your name. :D

Haha, damn...

boots468
22-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Game ends 2-2, an exciting, close-run thing throughout.

Yeah, it was one of the most fun games I've played in a long time. End-to-end action, with any of the drives quite easily going the other way.

Even though my MV9 sidestepper was badly hurt in the first turn or so (that ST5 blackle MB blitzer is such a pain!) managing the 1 turn touchdown was very nice, only my second attempt at one ever - having a MV9 AG4 back up is handy :-).

Thanks for the game Groovy, and thanks for not murdering any skinks (the dead one apoc'd to badly hurt doesn't count).

chadsexington
23-11-2012, 03:13 AM
I've pm'd my opponent (Dolphan) on RPS, left a message for him in our respective division, and steamfriended him, though he has declined and blocked me there.

I'm posting here for extra visibility in case they can't access their RPS forum account for whatever reason.