PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

President Weasel
28-07-2011, 10:04 PM
quick, now all draw the last match, it'll drive Groovy crazy.

NieA7
28-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Just finished off the game with Xercies' Elfs. Xercies received in the first half and got an early elfy touchdown, managing to not only run around my players like they weren't there but also badly hurt my new werewolf in the process. I then spent the rest of the half trying to grind up the edge of the pitch, using the Flesh Golem's stand Firm to hide a Wight. This sort of worked (and lead to a lot of elfs getting up close and personal with the crowd) right up to the point one of the golem's fell flat on its face after fluffing a two dice block. The ball scattered deep into my half and got scooped up by an elf, ensuring I couldn't score. Trying to get a little crowd surfing to make up for it a zombie proceeded to mess up a two dice block, ending the half in a faintly humiliating way.

On the plus side I'd done enough punching and surfing to make sure only 8 cursed elfs lined up against me in the second half. This lead to a bloody drive down the middle which, despite some canny movement and marking on his part, eventually reduced Xercies to 5 players on the pitch (most of whom started the turn knocked over). I got a bit obsessed trying to injure the seemingly invincible side-step blitzers, both of whom were a massive thorn in my side all the way through the match, leading to a zombie getting sent off but other than that things went pretty well, ending with the werewolf running it in with two turns to spare.

A couple of elfs woke up from their rather deep sleep at the final kick off just as the rain started falling. A succession of unlucky go-for-its and dodges for the elfs (including another casualty - they suffered 6 in the end, 4 of which were serious) left me in a good position to score on my final turn, just needing a pick up and go for it with a reroll in hand. Of course the wolf immediately fluffed the pickup, leaving it 1-1 at the end of the match.

So, another match, another 1-1 draw. That wraps up the league for smaug81's faintly terrifying Norse team, whose fists I shall be throwing our collective faces against next. Hope the winning bug's fixed, I rolled 70k at the end of the match for some hot dual-ghoul action.

Xercies
28-07-2011, 10:24 PM
I was so thankful by that fluffing at the end, though i do wish you had given me more time at the end I could have maybe gotten a 2-1 ;). Also I want to kill my apothecary, it rolled and it had the exact same injury that I had when he beat him up!

NieA7
28-07-2011, 11:58 PM
I see the winnings bug is totally not fixed - I've gone from earning 70k to 10k, leaving me 10k short of getting a new ghoul. The MVP also went to a zombie (for the first time), with the casualties and TD not enough to level anyone else up. And despite being terrifying somehow those Norse have a substantially lower team value than me.

Bum.

President Weasel
29-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Norse have a lot of block, but the only armour they wear is a hat with horns on and a furry jockstrap. They have AV7; they're basically Punchy Elves. Knock em down, and they'll break.

Unlike my theory that amazons are terrible, which Drawlien continues to disprove, my theory that Norse are terrible is definitely correct.

imirk
29-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Unlike my theory that amazons are terrible, which Drawlien continues to disprove, my theory that Norse are terrible is definitely correct.

Deffinately, until Drawlien starts to play them at least.

ntw
29-07-2011, 01:20 AM
2-1 to Desvergeh's Necros.

Most of my team spent most of the match trying to push around the Stand Firm Flesh Golems, consistently failing to roll any POWs.

I inflicted 6 CAS over the match - only 2 of which stuck, the rest were regenned. 2 of those CAS were on the last turn, too late to be any use. To add insult to injury my Beast got enough SPP to level up (to 3), then also got the MVP award instead of someone more useful.

Not a good match for me, Des made the most of his chances and got a well earned win.

/edit - few results validated and days rolled on where appropriate

Screwie
29-07-2011, 01:24 PM
I am conflicted. Should I be:

1) pleased to hear the winnings bug won't screw me over any more;
2) cynical about the chances of the "fix" actually fixing it
3) grumpy that the winnings bug is being taken away after screwing me over twice, without giving it the chance to do the mythical "it will all even out over time" thing and give me my damn money back.

I've not seen the full patch notes myself yet, but I don't suppose Cyanide also looked at the bribe/Secret Weapon bug?

As for breaking things, I did find someone mention on the forums that there's now an exploit to allow all 16 players onto the pitch at once... *eyeroll*

DarkFenix
29-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Um. Wow. And I thought that seemingly random bug that put 12 players on the pitch was bad. Heh, I should find out that exploit, that could really make for some laughs in singleplayer. 16 dwarf cage anyone?

Cacamas
29-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Division 5 match: 2-1 for the Chompers against Gorm's vampires. It was pretty close for most of the match with my TD in the first half cancelled out by some tricksy Wampire wunning. In the end, my dwarven resilience (and punching) edged it, Gorm only having 3 left on the pitch with 7 casualties and the rest KO'd. My runner trundled over for a TD on the final turn after all had been smote to the ground.

Gorm
29-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Just had a blinding game vs Cacamas. Those damn dwarfs beat me again, but this time that game was a lot closer.

Last turn of the first half it was 1-0 to the dwarfs, i got the ball to a vamp within 6 squares of the touch down zone with only one tackle zone to block out of. No problem. Except he failed his bloodlust roll and i had no thralls anywhere near the TD zone.

I managed to get a TD in the second half putting the score at 1-1 but i had only 5 players on the pitch left to set up, and just couldnt cover the whole pitch with what i had left. So the turn 16 TD was inevitable.

I really liked this game though, i think Cacamas would agree my vamps really performed well. Got a few leaps in, made plenty of dodges and passes. Even did a little hitting myself killing his runner, which was then rerolled to badly hurt, which then turned into no injury for some reason and he was back on the pitch after my TD.

But this game was defined by the hitting, i knew i couldnt out hit him but i didnt expect him to kill or injure so many players. As you can see below:

President Weasel
29-07-2011, 03:26 PM
killing his runner, which was then rerolled to badly hurt, which then turned into no injury for some reason and he was back on the pitch after my TD.

That's actually working as intended; it's part of the rules for Blood Bowl. Any time you use an apoc and get "badly hurt" as the result, you will see the player get up, walk off the field, and stand on the sideline waiting to come back on on the next drive.

smaug81
29-07-2011, 03:35 PM
And despite being terrifying somehow those Norse have a substantially lower team value than me.

Bum.

Subsequent to my last match being validated and players leveled/hired, that's no longer the case. I think I've come out about 10 points above you in TV. I don't know if that makes things worse or better. :P

Vexing Vision
29-07-2011, 03:54 PM
That's actually working as intended; it's part of the rules for Blood Bowl. Any time you use an apoc and get "badly hurt" as the result, you will see the player get up, walk off the field, and stand on the sideline waiting to come back on on the next drive.

Pro-Tip: You do not have to use the apoc'ed result to turn a Badly Hurt into a "To The Sidelines!" result. Using an Apothecary on a Badly Hurt roll automatically activates it, even if the Apoc insists that the player is dead instead!

Alethron
29-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Alethron's Let Them Eat Lembas VS - Laneford's Rejected RPG Stats

An exciting prospect with the winner of this match set to win the title. Lanefords' TV was 2010, and mine was 1850, so I was able to afford a wizard for the match. I won the coin toss and chose to kick off first. I set up my columns of defence, and prodded here and there as the Nurgle trudged down the pitch. Some of the dice rolls were crazy, and I managed to KO the Beast of Nurgle, as well as a couple of beastmen. Laneford's push was stopped dead in the middle of the pitch, so he attempted to dart around the wings with a couple of players covering the ball carrier. I used my wizard to lightning bolt the ball carrier, which caused another KO, then dove in and threw the spilled ball back to a catcher in my own back field. Over the next few turns the Elves speed meant that they were able to comfortably avoid the Nurgle players and run in for the touchdown in turn 8.

In the second half there was a pitch invasion, stunning 3 of Laneford's players and 2 of mine. I threw a bunch of players downfield and ran the ball backwards towards my own endzone. I knew I didn't need to rush and score, as a win or a draw would be enough to win the Championship, so I tried to be patient and keep the ball back whilst moving my receivers around in Laneford's half. He covered them well, but only sent a couple of players to chase the ball, so I was able to keep it safe for a few turns. When I finally threw it upfield, I just needed to make 1 go for it with one of my blitzers to hand the ball off to a catcher in the endzone. Of course, he fell over, so in turn 14 the Nurgle team had the ball back, but they were all the way back near their own endzone. By this time I had very few players left on the field, but in the end a rotter failed a dodge roll that he needed to make to get in range of scoring. The game ended 1-0 to the High Elves.

The dice were really with me in the first half - I rolled a lot of successful 1 die blocks and Laneford seemed to roll a hell of a lot of pushes or defender stumbles. Not many pows. By the time the Nurgle did start getting Elves off the pitch in the second half it was too late.

Anyway, thanks for the game, well played!

drawlien
29-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Deffinately, until Drawlien starts to play them at least.

Unfortunately, I just can't get the hang of Norse. I am now eternally grateful to Groovy for picking them in the draft when we moved over to LE enabling me to get the steady performing Khemri instead.

Zoraster
29-07-2011, 07:11 PM
I think the trouble with Norse is you really only have one way of playing them from mid-TV onwards and you have to plan for it from the word go. Most coaches run into trouble by trying to round the team out. I think if the Throwers got removed from the roster the average standard of Norse coaching would shoot up... I honestly don't get why people keep taking them, especially as they then end up nerfing their runners to try and manufacture catchers.

Fend. Fend makes the Norse a competitive team. Without it you are dead in the water as soon as your opponents start to have reasonable amounts of Block and Guard.

laneford
29-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Big thanks to Alethron for the game and congrats on winning the championship!

Sgt.Ragekage
29-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Ragecakes vs Ogre the moon

Div G

2 - 1

Neither of us took notes for this match as it was a bit late starting and both a bit rushed. I kicked first half to laneford. From the kick nothing much happened until turn 5 or 6 when i managed to blitz the ogre with the ball and set it free. it promptly went out of bounds and ended up half way down my half with no one around it.

Laneford covered the ball with an ogre and all my players needed blocks or dodges to move. I think the next bit went like this....
I needed a one dice block to move an ogre one square which worked. I then had to move a blitzer 7 squares to get the ball, he picked the ball up in a tackle zone then passed it on a 6 to a lineman who needed 2 gfi's to get within 7 squares of scoring. i then covered as many peeps as i could and prayed to nuffle.

It ended up with an ogre blitzing my linemen to the sideline, leaving the lineman with a double dodge and 2 gfi's to score...

On the final turn of the first half i sacrificed a few snotlings to nuffle and prayed some more. Two mega dodges and 2 GFI's later and it's one nil!

2nd half

This half i recieved and due to an amazing amount of failed bone head rolls and some lucky blocks by me i ended up scoring by turn 13ish. This left 2 turns to defend with. Thats about when my Orcs pretending to be elves remembered they were orcs and failed everything. Laneford did some crafty blocking and positioning and ended up with the ball near my TD zone and surrounded in Snots.

I covered what i could, then had to dodge away to move a blitzer in range, he had to dodge in to blitz then promptly rolled 3 pushbacks for his result with no rerolls. Left laneford with a few blocks and a dodge to make and the score was 2-1.

Really good game. Would have been different had bonehead not gone so bad or my orcs played like orcs not elves.

Altogether really good fun. Nice guy to play against and chat with.

Thanks ;)

Arnisarus
29-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Momb are you free to play Sat ?

imirk
29-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Looks like you've got the advance out of DivG. in the bag Rage, we'd appreciate the division being advanced as I'm leaving the 1st for a vacation...

Sgt.Ragekage
30-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Can an admin validate my game with laneford please, got another match on sunday at 1400 GMT, need to fit it in before imirk goes on hols! Div G.

Arnisarus
30-07-2011, 11:05 AM
mombiushibachi i'm free to play this evening if you are up for it?

drawlien
30-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Can an admin validate my game with laneford please, got another match on sunday at 1400 GMT, need to fit it in before imirk goes on hols! Div G.

I've validated the game and moved the division on to the 3rd round.

MadDave123
30-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Myself and Copper8642 weren't able to meet up for a match during the week due to time zone hatred. The weekend looked best but Copper realised he was away from Thursday through Monday, so a no go there. Which means we won't be playing our game.

T_T

Sgt.Ragekage
30-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks, Drawlien ;)

karandraz
31-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Me and drawlien had our match last night ending in a 2-1 to his khemri, a well deserved win :)

I am just pleased my team made it through the match in one piece!

alh_p
31-07-2011, 12:12 AM
NTW and I just played our final game in Division B. I'd liek to say it was a close game but NTW had me outnumbered for most of the match so he's probably right to feel hard done by the bad dice at crucial moments. The match ended 1-1, but could have been 2-1 but for a pestigor failing a dodge out of 3 tackle zones.

The result puts me in a position to finish the season in 1st or second. I may have to sit the next season out however as I'll be off on holiday for 2 1/2 weeks from Weds. If I were to stay in I'd need to rely on someone to apply my team and would almost certainly have to default at least the first game. Any views on what I should do? I don't mind sitting out a season -I will want to rejoin once i'm back though! :)

ntw
31-07-2011, 12:26 AM
GAH!

While I'm sure I made some mistakes, it still feels like Nuffle screwed me over - again. I had one good chance to stop alh_p from scoring in the first half, then a decent chance to get a second, match winning TD in the second. Easy dodge (4+) failed, rerolled and failed...

Cheers to all my opponents for the games, thanks to alh_p for remaining civil while I tried to batter his team. I ended the season at a gratifying +6CAS :)

unitled
31-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Afraid to admit I conceded during my match with Indefatigible Snoozer's Dwarves. Even on offense I was doing pretty appalling, figured I would cut my losses and get my team out of there before another wardancer ended up dead; He hadn't even brought his Deathroller on yet! A second half of watching my players ground down by a strong Dwarf team didn't appeal to me on a sunny Sunday morning :)

I think there's a lack of practice on my part, sorry for robbing you of a game Snoozer.

Indefatigible Snoozer
31-07-2011, 10:41 AM
My game vs Unitled ended 2-0. Scoresheet has been updated. Game ended in a concession by Unitled, after being brutalised by my dwarves in the first half. The blinding sunshine didn't help either with the only pass being fumbled.

Div C can be rolled on to day 3.

President Weasel
31-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Afraid to admit I conceded during my match with Indefatigible Snoozer's Dwarves. Even on offense I was doing pretty appalling, figured I would cut my losses and get my team out of there before another wardancer ended up dead; He hadn't even brought his Deathroller on yet! A second half of watching my players ground down by a strong Dwarf team didn't appeal to me on a sunny Sunday morning :)

I think there's a lack of practice on my part, sorry for robbing you of a game Snoozer.

Snoozer should be thanking you - you should be apologising to all the people he plays next season!
A conceded match gets him all the SPP he already collected, plus two MVPs, plus iirc a couple of touchdowns' and casualties' worth, scattered randomly through his team. Plus maximum winnings too.
You've made a dwarf team even dwarfier!

Indefatigible Snoozer
31-07-2011, 03:45 PM
I didn't realise that I also got 2TD SPPs randomly as well. That does alter my thoughts below. I was considering whether it was really that a bad a thing to concede in Unitled's position, in terms of the boost my dwarves would get for the future (which is the reason I might try to fight on if the positions were reversed).

At the time of concession, the scoreline was 0-0. I think concession was on his turn 7, so I had 3 turns remaining, plus the second half. He had 3 injuries and 1 KO (who would probably reenter as he had a Bugmans). Only 11 on the team, so he would be defending 3 down. I had a full squad, and was yet to play my Death Roller.

The concession gave me 1 additional 5 SPP (from his MVP), +2 additional lots of 3SPP (for the 2 TDs), for a total of 11 SPP that I MAY not otherwise have gotten. I think in Unitled's position, the calculation I would make would be the likelihood of my opponent earning MORE THAN 11 SPPs in the time remaining. If it was likely that my opponent would earn more than 11, then conceding would be correct, from the point of view of minimising the boost to my opponent's team for the benefit of other teams in the league.

Based on the position we left, it was likely I would score before half time, and highly likely I would score at least one in the 2nd half. On that basis, the 2 random 3SPPs for 2 TDs is probably not a gain, as there was probably a 95% chance that would have been the score line in any event. There is on balance possibly a slight advantage to me from the concession, in that the random SPPs may go to a dwarf who would otherwise not get TD SPPs, since my standard blockers are reliant on casualties for their SPPs, and anything additional is valuable for development. But that advantage is not too large.

I would say there was maybe a 50-60% chance I could have gotten a 3rd TD, so Unitled's concession robbed me of that chance for an extra 3 SPP. Even had I not gotten an extra TD, I would have needed to inflict 3 further casualties to reach 12 SPP. If I had gotten the 3rd TD, I would have only need 1 additional casualty to equal the 11 SPP I gained from conceding. It's difficult to estimate the likelihood of me inflicting further casualties, but given the number difference, the use of my Str 7, MB Death Roller and the general dwarven perchant for blocking everything in sight, it is not unlikely.

Also to be factored in is the winnings gain, which is clearly a large boost and an argument against conceding.

I think it would be a more clear cut if he had been reduced to perhaps 5 or 6 players at the same point. In that situation, clearly the Dwarves are going steamroll any elves that try to slow them down, and a 3-0 scoreline, even a 4-0 scoreline plus a some additional casualties would have been a highly probably result. In that circumstance, a concession, I think, minimises the SPP gain.

On balance, I don't think I would have conceded in Unitled's shoes - he probably had sufficient players to reduce the likelihood of me getting a 3rd TD, and if he had played defensively he may have also been able to minimise casualties. However, I don't think the concession gave me too big a boost - probably on the order of 3-4 additional SPPs (even factoring in the winnings gain).

Thoughts?

Indefatigible Snoozer
31-07-2011, 03:58 PM
On a related note, is it possible to roll on Div C this evening? I have tentatively arranged to play my Day 3 match at 9pm GMT tonight, but obviously that won't be possible without a roll on.

Just out of interest, I noticed that the result has appeared as 2-0, but that the SPPs etc haven't been awarded yet. Is the result automatic, but SPPs etc won't be fixed until approved by the Admin?

Arnisarus
31-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Can any admin please mark mine and mombiushibachi match as 2 - 0 to me , we played until turn 16 on mine with 1 turn left for mombiushibachi when the game decided we shouldnt play any more. you can see in the div4 group that mombiushibachi has agreed to this, here's the SS just to be on the safeside. its not certain it would be 2 - 0 but highly likely

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af346/carney_petay/BloodBowlLegendary_2011-07-31_15-54-55_001.jpg

President Weasel
31-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Personally even if I was getting mauled I'd keep playing in the hopes that I'd luck out, or cause a casualty of my own. Worst comes to the worst, you can leave your guys lying down for the last few turns, achieve nothing for the whole match, and you still get a random amount of cash and 5SPPs. By conceding you're giving up all the cash and SPPs from the match.

That wasn't true back when I started playing. I abandoned loads of matches back then, although those were in Nagg and similar leagues. If you're having a shocker of a first match you might as well concede and start a new team rather than limp on with the broken ruins of one. It's different in the Divisions though.

I do understand why you'd concede though, don't get me wrong. It can be horrible to see your team getting chewed up.

groovychainsaw
31-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah I also sympathise, i have conceded once ni 3 years of playing here in the open, when i lost 3 ogres in 6 turns. Which was surprising, and was going to lead to a pretty horrible game for an ogre team. So whilst I don't entirely condone this, as your opponent gets a significant boost (no injuries beyond what was received already, 16 spps on top of any current gains + double winnings), i can understand the situation.

I validated the game and moved the division on, and also moved on any others i could see. Week 2 officially ends tomorrow chaps, so start making your excuses now if you haven't got your game in yet!

Me and Tenjou just played, a 1-1 game that i think swung around my ogre, who, whilst failing 8 bonehead rolls in the game, also managed to carry the ball 80 yards and cause 1 injury, one death.

...And i just looked at the stats, which are kinda hilarious. Not only did i roll 8 1's for bonehead, but 16 out of 45 D6 rolls were 1s :-O. Which explains my failed hand-off at the end, and my failed sure hands pickup, too :-D.

/Edit, and further, the only player to make a catch (out of four attempts by my team?). The ogre.

President Weasel
31-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Division 8, week 3
Red Skull Reavers (President Weasel, Chaos Mans) 2 vs 0 Little Munsters (Studenteternal, Rat Mans)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/chompmancobra/rats.jpg

Student only had 2 gutter runners up and running for this match, and it didn't help his cause much when one of them got KO'd early on failing a dodge. A lot more rats got hurt during the game, as the chaos mans got a numbers advantage and kept it. Student chose to receive in the first half, and I managed to sack the ball carrier. Student didn't get another touch of the ball until turn 16, as I caged on the touchline until turn 8, then received, trundled up the pitch and caged again until my turn 16, while the rats moved from the pitch to the injury box.
It wasn't pretty, but it was effective.

oh, and I'm supposed to have 70K from this match, which should add to the 10 I already have to make 80. You hear me, game? I'm watching you.

studenteternal
01-08-2011, 11:03 AM
heh yea 8 rats laid out, two of them KIA, yup that sums the game up pretty well :) at least I managed to sneak 1SPP in with a short pass to myself on turn 16. Aw well many lessons learned, and once my team gets a bit of re-rehabilitation under its belt we will be back! Good game and congratulations to Pres Weasel, he played a smart brutal game, good luck in your next division, give em hell :)

Also, how did you take the screen shot? I tried using the steam screen capture hotkey but it the overlay and screen shot tool do not seem to play nice with BB multiplayer.

President Weasel
01-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Alt/print screen (using alt means I only get the game, rather than whatever's on my other monitor - which in this case was the "paintball" episode of Community)
Open MSPaint (other free image programs are available, or you can pay for one I guess, if the GIMP interface freaks you out)
Paste
Cut out the corner with all the dead rats
Save as a jpeg
Post to Photobucket (other and indeed probably better photo repositories are available, but I've been using the bucket for most of a decade)
Put an IMG link in the post.

For multiple screenshots you can either keep paint open during the game and paste them in quickly, or just load up the replay and go through it in fasty-timey mode until you reach the bit you want. I am pretty sure you can speed up/slow down the replay with +/- on the numpad.

studenteternal
01-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Ahh thanks, I didn't realize that the screen shot to clipboard would still work with the game running. /facepalm On the plus side, expect much fancier AAR's from next season :)

alh_p
01-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Ok, I'm unfortunately going to have to pull out of the divisions for next season. I'm off on holiday and will be sans BB access until 19 August. Bit of a shame to go out after gaining a promotion in a decent but bruising season though. Is there anything that I need to do to make this happen? Do I need to make my status "MIA/Z" on the spreadsheet?

President Weasel
01-08-2011, 11:31 AM
could you give someone your password, get them to join your team to the league, and concede the first game? That would still give you a shot of staying in the same league (or even getting promoted if the rest of the results go your way).

In fact, I still have your password from last time, unless you changed it. I'm happy to sign you up again, it's easy peasy.

alh_p
01-08-2011, 12:32 PM
PW, if you're happy to do that then I'd be grateful for your help. Conceding a game would at least rest my team and allow them to recover from a couple of MNGs (i hope).

I'm not sure how that would go down with other players though, would they not rather play 3 games than 2? Perhaps not if they have a 33.33333333% chance of 2 MVP and 6SPP + winnings... Despite having a fairly high value team (it was 1830 before MrPier kileld a level 3 CW), I still feel like I'm building my team.

President Weasel
01-08-2011, 12:34 PM
I figure it's fair if everyone knows it's going to happen beforehand; that way your three opponents know there's a one in three chance they'll get a free concession. At the end of the day it's up to Groovy, as he is the ultimate authority.

Arnisarus
01-08-2011, 01:32 PM
just a quick one, screenshot wise, if you just press print screen it just puts a copy directly into your my documents folder. Theres a directory called bloodbowl in there, then theres a subfolder called screenshots which are all nicely time stamped etc.

LowKey
01-08-2011, 02:11 PM
gorm and myself just played our game, 2-0 to me - it was fun but the beat downs gorms vampires have had during previous matches made it difficult for him to cover the pitch, with only 4 players standing at the end of the game, also my zombie made an interception then hand off which was lovely

Gorm
01-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Yea good game Lowkey, guess i'm moving back down towards a more suited division. If the money bug is fixed then i can afford to grab another re-roll.
Those damn dwarfs did a number on my team and i managed to pick up two more MNG on my thralls. But i will be back up to four vamps.
Do you guys think block or guard is better on thralls? I thought block would be better but they are almost always near my vamps due to bloodlust concerns for guard could help a lot too.

Indefatigible Snoozer
01-08-2011, 03:51 PM
2-0 to me in my match against Jarvis's Chaotic Hippies. The Dwarven Giants were pretty dwarfy, dwarfing it up to the Dwarf-max. Dwarf Power!

Managed to rip the ball off Jarvis in the first half, and a throw-in sent it into his half. After a brief scrum I managed to knock the ball free and score. Second half was characterised by significant brutality to the poor minions of Chaos, with Tiny the Death Roller making his large spikey presence felt, and significant numbers of crowd pushings from Troll Slayer Really Very Large Dwarf, a new up-and-coming member of the team. The numbers slowly tilted towards the dwarves in the second half, until the Hippies could no longer stop the cage moving, resulting in a second dwarf TD on turn 16.

Thanks for the game Jarvis.

President Weasel
01-08-2011, 04:01 PM
I hate dwarfs with a fierce and bitter hatred, but I find Snoozer quite likeable. I am conflicted!

mrpier
01-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Gorm - Doubles on thralls I would take dodge or guard it's quite even between those two choices, dodge for those on the LOS and guard elsewhere perhaps, for a normal (first) skill I would take wrestle on most of them, but block for someone who took guard as their first skill. Kick is also a good choice for one thrall, though might want to wait for a second skillup for that or until several thralls have wrestle/block.

Otherwise I refer to http://bbtactics.com/vampire-thralls/

DarkFenix
01-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Just finished my game against mootpoint's Halflings, end result 2-0 to me. To be quite frank it was a poor game, after all it was stock Chaos against stock Halflings. Neither side had much in the way of skills and Nuffle was a massive, massive buzzkill all game.

Rerolls got burned at a rate of knots by every kind of roll failing at every opportunity. Also the injury dice were harsh to me, only one halfling going off injured from a block all match, compared to two beastmen. Loads of unconscious halflings though, if only that actually got me some SPP.

Still, the winnings bug gave both me and mootpoint a nice little bit of bonus cash, letting me grab my minotaur and apothecary after two games.

Also, validated all relevant results.

darkweeble
01-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Unfortunately during the only time slot available for our match the Weather Channel has predicted "large hail and damaging winds". My next availability is next Monday, the 8th and I'd hate to hold up the season that long. Since I will be unable to play my match against Nullkigan because of the guarantee of a power outage, I'd like to give him the win and NOT sign up for next season. I'm moving on the 31st so I have no promise of an internet connection when I need it. I hope to return in September with my Orcs, but I'm also looking into an Ogre team. They're not getting much love lately. Sorry for messing up the division, guys!

Nullkigan
01-08-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm thinking of giving the girls a rest, myself. Partly so I don't have to play Zoraster ever again.

Orcs and Chaos are full, so maybe Norse or Dark Elves ...

Zoraster
02-08-2011, 05:59 AM
My next availability is next Monday, the 8th and I'd hate to hold up the season that long.
The round doesn't officially end until the 11th so you would still be well inside the deadline and holding up nothing at all.

NieA7
02-08-2011, 08:54 PM
My game against smaug just lagged out altogether, can one of you admin types reset it for us?

ntw
02-08-2011, 11:10 PM
My game against smaug just lagged out altogether, can one of you admin types reset it for us?

There's a 2-0 game for you and Smaug in the Div results, I assume that's the defaulted one since there's no score logged in the Spreadsheet.

If we don't hear otherwise by tomorrow might then someone will reset it (probably not me - I'm going bat spotting)

/edit - and match reset, I saw NieA7 on steam shortly after posting...

duff
03-08-2011, 12:47 AM
In fact, I still have your password from last time, unless you changed it. I'm happy to sign you up again, it's easy peasy. Pweasel my good man, how are things, its been a while since we played - retire his mino - we shall have to catch up sometime!*

*Jedi mindtricks not guranteed to work.

Gorm
03-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Managed to get a double on one of my vamps, anyone got any ideas on what to take? Think i'll grab pass or nerves of steel and make him my back guy.
But the thing is i got double 5 so i could take +1 MA or +1 AV. The AV is tempting, +1Ma not so much since i dont want to outpace my thralls too much.

So take a passing skill or get +1 AV?

President Weasel
03-08-2011, 09:15 AM
I never go for +AV, and find it very hard to turn down +MV when it's offered for any player.
However, for vampires in particular, what about Leader? I can imagine 9 rerolls being slightly too many for vamps, but any extra rerolls up to that number are surely a godsend?

Gorm
03-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Oh, thats not a bad idea. He doesnt have any other skills at the moment but leader could be a good call.
I just bought another reroll taking me to 4 already, i like to push my vamps to do extra ordinary things which is why i thought about nerves of steel but 5 rerolls might enable me to have more options.

I feel like thats more of a Thrall skill though.

mrpier
03-08-2011, 10:46 AM
I would take the movement.

LowKey
03-08-2011, 12:10 PM
I would take the movement.

that is what mr coach recommends

darkweeble
03-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Oh the 11th? I don't know why I was thinking it ended earlier. I've been kind of messed up with my calendars this month. I retract my previous statement and I'm going to try to play Nullk as soon as possible!

Alistair Hutton
03-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Division 5 decider tonight. In the event of a draw how are we deciding the league winner?

EDIT: With a degree of complexity it seems, I think that if it's a draw then I'd still be promoted due to by better results against the other two teams in the league? Yes/No?

alh_p
03-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Pweasel my good man, how are things, its been a while since we played - retire his mino - we shall have to catch up sometime!*

*Jedi mindtricks not guranteed to work.

ugh, Mel B as a jedi... Anyway, what's my mino ever done to you? He's pretty harmless. Only caused two injuries so far. :P

duff
03-08-2011, 03:48 PM
ugh, Mel B as a jedi... Anyway, what's my mino ever done to you? He's pretty harmless. Only caused two injuries so far. :P

He didn't die despite my numerous attempts! BAM quick reply.

President Weasel
03-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Division 5 decider tonight. In the event of a draw how are we deciding the league winner?

EDIT: With a degree of complexity it seems, I think that if it's a draw then I'd still be promoted due to by better results against the other two teams in the league? Yes/No?

No, it's considerably more complicated than that. You also need to take casualties into account. It's the difference between goals scored and goals conceded, plus the difference between casualties caused and casualties taken. The admins can see that info from the match results using their adminny powers.
You've scored 2 more TDs but your opponent is playing Dorfs so there's a decent chance he has caused 2 more casualties than you. I'd recommend winning your last match, just to make sure :)

Alistair Hutton
03-08-2011, 04:06 PM
No, it's considerably more complicated than that. You also need to take casualties into account. It's the difference between goals scored and goals conceded, plus the difference between casualties caused and casualties taken. The admins can see that info from the match results using their adminny powers.
You've scored 2 more TDs but your opponent is playing Dorfs so there's a decent chance he has caused 2 more casualties than you. I'd recommend winning your last match, just to make sure :)

Bugger, I was planning round a fairly safe 1-1 game strategy, now the evil dwarfses can plot out a 1-1 game plan for the victory, unless I miracle up a half dozen casualties against him.

Alistair Hutton
03-08-2011, 06:55 PM
So yes, the Evil Dwarfses has a +12 CAS count. Ouchies.

potatoedoughnut
03-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Managed to get a double on one of my vamps, anyone got any ideas on what to take? Think i'll grab pass or nerves of steel and make him my back guy.
But the thing is i got double 5 so i could take +1 MA or +1 AV. The AV is tempting, +1Ma not so much since i dont want to outpace my thralls too much.

So take a passing skill or get +1 AV?

I would take the +1MA. I think of it more like you can keep him closer to your thralls and still in TD range. And you'll be able to cover more of the pitch laterally more easily too. +1MA is hard to pass up.

I think Leader is another good option if you're light on cash/rrs. You can also consider giving him a "normal" skill for his first skill up too. Since Vamps have good skill access on regular rolls doubles aren't as important as for other players/teams.

NieA7
03-08-2011, 08:08 PM
I think I'd go for block or dodge, though the MA's tempting. The whole team's got MA 6, one player with MA7 probably won't make a huge difference - I doubt it'd help as often as one of the basic skills would. Leader would work just as well on a Thrall but it'd make that vamp one skill behind the others all the time, probably making him a bit of a runt in the long run.

Passing is for elfs.

Cacamas
03-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Division 5 is decided: Altdorf Army XI 1-0 Cheese Dip Chompers

My courageous, plucky dwarfs went in as underdogs, needing only the draw (I think?) to top the league, with Grim Ironjaw joining them to try and even the odds. But those damn dirty apes diddled me good. In the first half, the humans received and caged up on one of the wings and tried to push through. But my defensive line stood firm, refusing to buckle under the onslaught, even managing to get the ball free to the runner. Alas, the distance was too great and the first half ended scoreless.

The second half didn't go as well for the short stuffs. I attempted a cage but they managed to break through and knock the ball clear. This is when suspicious behaviour started to occur. Were the opposition Elves in disguise? We'll never know. All I know is that a thrower picked up the ball surrounded by dwarfs, handed off to a neighbouring linesman, who sprinted away and next turn handed off to a blitzer who ran right to the end zone. He fell over GFI'ing but my brave lads were too far away and he recovered the next turn to get the crucial TD. With only two turns remaining, there was not enough time to get the equaliser needed and the game ended soon after.

Overall a good game, but the gap in skills was too big for my relatively fresh team. A bit of luck would've been handy too :)

MadDave123
03-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Division F is ready to be rolled onto week 3 I believe. Since myself and Copper8642 couldn't get a game going I marked the result as a draw, 0-0. If that's wrong then someone please scream at me.

Kelron
03-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Played an exciting match against HughTower last night.

First half opened pretty normally, with the Pansy Elves electing to kick and slowly getting pushed up the pitch. Lots of 1s were rolled all round, but somehow they kept injuring, KOing and stunning my players so I was forced to score with time left on the clock. The equaliser was more standard elf fare as Hugh's Wardancer leapt out of a group of markers, dodged away and stood in the endzone to receive a pass from the halfway line.

Going into the 2nd half 1-1 and kicking to Wood Elves, I was pretty certain I was looking at a draw. Favourable scatter and a Perfect Defence event followed by a dropped pass left the Pansies on the back foot and signalled a harsh change of fortune for them. Further failure to retrieve the ball let the Dark Elves swarm through the lines of their tree-hugging cousins, and Dfhjfhdhna the AG 5 Witch Elf dodged in and out to grab the ball. Hugh finally managed to recover it, but could only get it back to the halfway line with an unsupported Wardancer. I had the opportunity to do some passing of my own and a Blitzer broke away up the pitch with the ball.

This marks the point where things really went to shit for the Pansies. I think they may be better suited to cheerleading, as they failed dodge after dodge and gave the Dark Elves the chance to form a wall in front of the ball-carrying runner, with a Witch Elf waiting in the endzone behind. When the Wood Elves finally managed to break through and throw a block on the ball carrier, he promptly dumped off into the Witch's waiting arms to make it 2-1 with an uneventful turn remaining.

KayD
03-08-2011, 11:20 PM
A painful win for me vs Rylons Nurgle. 4-0.

Highlight was probably in the 2nd turn my best gutter runner failed his GFI to score and then died of shame?...came back to life though thankfully. Next turn injured gutter runner with -1 agi! :/ Next turn I try a 2 dice against block, against his ball carrier, on his own line, kill him and pick up the ball to score! xD Stylish.

Was a very fun game with random luck both sides. I received a whopping 5 casualties and 6 KOs to Rylons 1 death, 1 casualty and a couple of KOs.

P.S. Go on Ninja!

groovychainsaw
04-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Quick update, all divisions are on the final 'week' now, aside from duff and meatloaf's game left in div 6, I'm giving them until tomorrow night to get that one sorted, or that should be a 0-0 too..

For defaults this time round, Boots and copper got a 0-0, soulpride got a loss to Jiiim due to being AWOL. All other games I could see I validated :-).

Last day is August 11th chaps, before the next round of promotions! If you know you're dropping out or rebooting at the end of the season, could you start adding the correct letters to the sheet now, in the 'next season' column? Helps me out immensely!

Alistair Hutton
04-08-2011, 09:04 AM
I started the game against the Cheese Dip Chompers by receiving and then trying my level best to make my 6 guard line-up be as ineffectual as possible. Patty cake blocking (I have never rolled so man AD/BD results in my life) combine with piss poor positional play polished off with failing to make safe moves resulted in losing a Blitzer to a -1S (he's fired), along with my pocket collapsing on the right hand touchline and some excellent disciplined defence by the Cheese Dip Chompers leaves me in a tight spot. I try to hand-off the ball to a free lineman but a failed 2D block earlier in the move means I can't re-roll the catch and the ball goes loose. It eventually ends up in the hands of my Ogre but my attempt at a highly unlikey touch down is for nought when he fails his Bone head roll to make the pass. I was forced into this situation when Cacamas made 3 one dice blocks getting a stunned result on each of them isolating my Ogre. The Ogre goes down and turns over the ball but a slight miscalculation my Cacamas means he's out of GFI range to get the TD. So instead he crowd surfs a player and otherwise beats me up.

In the second alf it's 0-0 and the evil, evil dwarfses line up against me. A pathetic midfield kick gives the Dwarves and easy pickup and a good wide cage to stop more pressuring the ball carrier. However I get some players round the edges whilst staying string in the middle and then managed to get a tackle zone or two on the ball carrier (I accidentally failed to follow up a blitz on the back of the cage and had to make a GFI to do so.

At this point, after having felt like I had bee a bit shat upon by Nuffle the dice suddenly and spectacularly turn around. A lone Blitzer stands in the way of the forward motion of the Dwarf cage, he's knocked down but not out. A standard 2d block by the dwarfs fails to knock away one of the tackle zones on the ballcarrier who has to then Blitz himself free, placing himself next to my downed Blitzer. A 4 man gang foul on my blitzer fails to break armour. The Dwarfs are suddenly in deep trouble as that Blitzer has Guard.

I pour players into the open hole at the back of Cacamas's cage, stand up my Guard Blitzer and get the 2d blitz on the ball carrier taking him down. The ball goes loose and lands right in the middle of both sets of players. Things aren't looking good for either team by the way players are set up suggests a brawl is about to develop around the ball.

At this point I reveal the Atldorf army is made up entirely of Elves. In the pouring rain with 3 Dwarven tackle zones on the ball and my re-roll already used a Lineman calmly steps in, pickups the ball and hands off to the player next to him with a Dwarven tackle zone on him.

The.
Crowd.
Goes.
Wild.

Still, the humans may have possession of the ball but that's the end of their turn and the vast majority of their players is in contact with the Dwarfses who have an evil glint in their eye.

Iron Grimjaw double skulls as the first action of their turn.

Altdorf suddenly finds they have their Guard players in all the right places for an offensive action, a flurry of blocks follows pushing Dwarves all over the pitch and clearing a route to get a cage down the left hand touch line. the cage is marked up bu another flurry of perfect blocking and blitzing clears the route for a hand off and 2 GFI's for the TS. Except the first GFI is failed, re-rolled and then the second is failed as well. The ball scatters, still on the pitch in the end zone.

A lone Dwarf makes the run back to mark up the Blitzer.

The Blitzer stands up, 1D blocks the Dwarf out of the way and (still in the pouring rain) picks up the ball for the touchdown.

The Dwarfs still had a highly unlikely chance of a 2 turn touch down but a failed throw put paid to that.

Blood Bowl is a cruel game. Cacamas was doing everything right up until the point where the dice suddenly went white hot for me.

Good game, good game.

smaug81
04-08-2011, 03:53 PM
NieA7's Necromantics 2 - 1 Smaug81's Norse

Not much to say about this match, other than that it was painful. Seems Nuffle decided it was my turn to suffer the damage, rather than inflict it. First block of the match results in a dead lineman (curiously mirroring our earlier attempt to play the game, as I killed a zombie on the opening block then). Not too bad, he was an alternate anyway. Things turn around, briefly, at that point, as Nie's ghoul repeatedly fails to pick up the ball, allowing one of my runners to zoom in and filch it away for a quick defensive TD (partly due to Nie mistakenly ending a turn too early).

We line up again, about 4 turns into the match, I kick the ball away, and Nie fairly promptly kills another of my linemen. Nevertheless, I manage to put up a good defense, and almost prevent the TD, but a last minute dodge and hand-off to a werewolf enable Nie to equalize on his last turn of the half. Somewhere along the way, one of my ulfwerener's was KO'd, and in spite of two back to back chances, he doesn't get up.

I set up to receive the ball for the second half, down to 9 players. The necromantics still have a full team. I attempt to cage up and push down the left side of the field, but quickly become bogged down and have little choice but to make some risky blocks that do not pay off. Nie handily gets the ball off me (and somewhere along the way rolls a third death on my thrower, rerolled to -1 strength) and leisurely makes his way down the field. I've been badly knocked about in the scrum over the ball, and eventually end up down to 6 or 7 players on the field, at which point I'm simply trying to limit any further damage to my team. Nothing further of note occurs, and Nie walks the ball in on the last turn of the match.

Very well played on Nie's part, and a preview of things to come, I fear, for my flimsy norsemen. We shall see how next season treats us. I need more equally flimsy opponents to beat on. :P

Kelron
04-08-2011, 06:55 PM
I feel like my team is almost getting too many stat ups to the detriment of standard skills. My Witch Elf just rolled +MA in addition to the AG5 she has from her previous level. AG5 + dodge and jump up means I've been using her to good effect as a ball retriever, able to snatch it out from under my opponent's nose. MA8 would definitely be useful, but frenzy and low armour makes Witch Elves a bit of a liability until I get block.

DarkFenix
04-08-2011, 08:59 PM
So you're the bastard who's been stealing all my stat up rolls. I did wonder.

Alistair Hutton
04-08-2011, 09:23 PM
So you're the bastard who's been stealing all my stat up rolls. I did wonder.

He's been nicking mine too. 7 Blitzer level ups and not one +AG or +ST

Vexing Vision
04-08-2011, 11:06 PM
So... I was just trying to play my game against INinja. After a false start at 10pm (failed by network issues on Cyanide's side), we tried again at 11pm. With more success. It's been a fun game, made exciting by seeing who'd fail next.

The excitement lasted until turn 14. The ball is in INinja's Touchdown line. Three Amazons (with a reroll at hand) are gathered around it. No rat is nearby, the last brave gutter runner who held the ball briefly was knocked out by my tackling Blitzerbabe.

I click on an amazon. I click the ball, three squares away. It's turn 14, 0-0 for both.

The connection drops. And doesn't reconnect. I'm chatting with INinja on Steam meanwhile, and we both curse and bemoan the game.

This is how it looks like:

http://xs.to/storage/anonym/2011/08/04/79939.jpeg

There's a pretty high probability that I would have scored the win. There's a pretty high probability that INinja would not field enough rats for a counter two-turner.

There's also a reasonable chance the ball would have scattered out of my reach. Or a clock reset. Or all of the unconcious rats waking up again. Unfortunately, it's a deciding game, the outcome of which changes things in Division D - so I leave the judgement to the admins.

And yeah, neither Ninja nor me have time before the 11th to play a rematch due to holiday and work issues. :(

/Edit: After around 15 minutes, the game decides to give me the win and considers Ninja dropped out. According to his Steamconnection, that's not what happened though - we've both been connected all the time. And I certainly don't want 2 MVPs for this - Ninja fought bloody hard and at least earned the +2 spp for nearly disembowling my thrower-gal.

Kelron
05-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Considering you still had 2 rerolls, it seems likely you would've been able to score. But then Skaven are masters of quick scoring and even an understrength team would have a fair chance of equalising in 2 turns.

Vexing Vision
05-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Considering you still had 2 rerolls, it seems likely you would've been able to score. But then Skaven are masters of quick scoring and even an understrength team would have a fair chance of equalising in 2 turns.

Yeah - I think I had a pretty good chance at winning this, and even if all the unconcious rats (no Bloodwiser on him) woke up, I'd still have numerical superiority. I should have been able to secure any attempt to two-turn with a decent reliability. But not guaranteed.

I'm still gutted how this last match of the Division ended. I don't want to steal KayD's promotion with an admin-entered 1-0 victory. I also don't want to lose MY promotion with an admin-entered 1-1.

Talking with INinja last night, he said he's fine either way but agrees that I would have probably won this.

Ugh. Not going to be happy with either decision, so if one of the admins could flip a coin and just decide what to do, that'd be most appreciated.

NieA7
05-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. The Brolaf Brigade (Norse, smaug81)

With my two draws vs. Smaug's two wins the champion of Division E was already decided – the Norse men would be up and away. What's more they were away in fine style, with 2-1 and 5-0 wins behind them the hairy blokes were an alarming prospect (especially after seeing the casualties caused in that 5-0 game).

Our first attempt at a match lagged out around the fourth turn, though that was more than long enough for my fears to be confirmed. With the very first block of the match one of the Norse werewolves killed a zombie stone dead(er), and the game didn't get much better from there. By the time the connection died there were more bearded lunatics on the pitch than dead folk (despite their armour being made of booze and spittle), with comfortable control of the ball well within reach of the end zone.

I lined up for the rematch fearing the worst but Nuffle had clearly reserved a special curse for the first victim of our game. I elected to receive and made a start knocking back the line of scrimmage – with the first block of the match one of my Wights killed a lineman stone dead! Sadly that was followed a series of unfortunate events involving my ghoul and the ball. While the rest of the players busied themselves either making or breaking a cage in the middle of the pitch the ghoul spent two turns and two re-rolls completely failing to pick up the ball. Salt was further rubbed into the wound when an unsupported Norse runner waltzed in, picked up the ball in the ghoul's tackle zone then dodged out on a GFI, all without a single re-roll.

Desperate to get the ball back I tried to free a werewolf from the brawl in the middle of the pitch (which was going very badly) to blitz the ball carrier. Unfortunately Nuffle decided that rather than clicking on the wolf what I really wanted to do was click "end turn". A few hearty punches from the Norse later the runner ambled unopposed over the line, 1-0 to the hairy folk.

Thanks to a riot there were 6 turns to pull back an equalizer. Once again the first block after kick off lead to another dead lineman on the hands of the Wight, but other than that (and the ghoul finally managing to pick up the ball) things didn't go well. The Norse put up a strong defence that the dead men couldn't get through, leaving the cage stationary around the centre of the pitch for 4 turns. Worse still one of the Necro werewolves completely failed to break out, first rolling a double skull on a two dice blitz then a single skull the following turn, leaving a wight unprotected. Seeing the cage vulnerable the Norse pounced (possibly thinking it contained beer), flattening everything in sight and leaving the ghoul in a tackle zone.

Seeing only moustachioed death on the left of the pitch I tried to switch play to the right, moving the ghoul and a werewolf within scoring range and building a very, very loose cage of one zombie. Turns out you need more than one corner if you're going to build a cage as a stream of angry Norse proved. Here the ghoul redeemed itself as despite a 2 dice blitz, with a 2 dice frenzied follow-up, he managed to stay on its feet on the edge of the pitch, albeit out of reach of the end zone. On the last turn a wight blitzed down a marker on the werewolf and the ghoul made both the dodge and hand off – 1-1 at half time.

The second half was more of a grind. Only 9 Norse made it back to the pitch, with 2 dead lineman and a werewolf that never shook off its headache left behind. The Necros, on the other hand, had suffered no non-regenerated injuries and no KOs, and even had 1 player more than when the match began. Despite starting well and caging up on the side the lack of players inevitably took its toll on the Norse, and the cage collapsed under weight of numbers. The ghoul grabbed the ball while a ruck built around him in the middle of the pitch, leading to two more Norse casualties (the thrower was killed by a werewolf, apo'd to a smashed collar bone, and one of the Norse blitzers badly hurt himself trying to punch a flesh golem). With another knockout on top of that there just weren't enough Norse on the pitch to stop a slow march to the end zone and a second TD on the last Necro turn, making it a 2-1 win for Read in Tooth and Claw.

It was a very tight match until the Norse got badly outnumbered, I was lucky to score in the first half at all. The Norse were also very unlucky with their injury rolls – they suffered 6 KOs and injuries in total of which 3 were death! Thanks for the game Smaug, and for your patience with the flaky connection - good luck in division D!

President Weasel
05-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Excellent match report there. Sounds like an eventful match-and-a-half too.

Arnisarus
05-08-2011, 08:15 PM
can someone reset mine and screwies matches by anychance?
His game crashed out on us :(

edit: never mind i think its sorted tself out GG cyanide !

President Weasel
05-08-2011, 08:23 PM
I hear he had just scored a touchdown as well!

Arnisarus
05-08-2011, 09:39 PM
aye he did, he scored another right after the reset too :P ended 1 - 1 though

Screwie
05-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Red Ones Go Fasta' (Arnisarus) vs Bloody Gobbos (Screwie) ...Take 2

The Gobbos won the toss and elected to receive. The Red Ones set up quite a deep defence but managed to kick the ball square into the middle of the goblin formation. The fanatic Iggy Spikez came out swinging but, after knocking the lineman Dorky to the ground and then pushing him about a bit more, ended up clocking himself with his own weapon by failing a GFI roll.

The rest of the Gobbos formation was caught short and Reds tried to take advantage of this, pushing a hole in the goblins' loose formation for Glulor, the orcs' AG 4 blitzer, to dodge inside and attempt a pick-up. Unfortunately he failed his GFI too, tripped and impaled himself on the ball... Glulor sat out the rest of the match on the injured bench, badly hurt.

The Gobbos took this lucky break and got their drive in order, forming a cage on the left flank. In the turn that followed the Reds repositioned their line on the far flank to bar the goblins' way. So the Gobbos wheeled out of the cage, repositioning most of their number on the right flank instead. A good portion of the orc team were either tied up in tackle zones or more than a turn's running distance away.

So it transpired that Hoppit, the rookie pogoer, was within running distance of the end zone, and the only orc within range to stop him was the Reds' troll, Eadpuke. I took a chance and pushed Hoppit right against the sideline to maximise his distance from the troll, knowing that to reach him Eadpuke would have to blitz and pass a loner check and two GFIs to reach him. Needless to say, he failed and Hoppit scored!

By that point my looney had done quite a bit of damage, KO'ing 3 orcs in 4 turns, but I figured I needed Iggy Spikez more - so I spent my only bribe on ensuring the fanatic could play again later in the match.

After the kick, the Gobbos merely tried to hold back the Reds until half time, and that they did - swarming around the ball carrier and the orcs around him and preventing the ball from moving into their half at all. With his blocking merely pushing goblins around, Arnisarus was forced to try "something elfy"... Sadly his blitzer and ball carrier Mishmasher Toofnutz failed to dodge out of the scrum before the planned pass to an isolated lineman downfield. The first half ended with the ball still on the ground.

The Gobbos set up for the second half with Iggy and Fetch, the bombardier. Iggy was positioned towards one flank, and (quite coincidentally) Arnisarus' entire LoS then set up towards the other...

A quick snap ensued and the Red Ones were able to apply all their pressure down their dominant flank. The Gobbos were forced to reposition to catch the drive before it outpaced them, but sadly Fetch stunned himself with a bomb intended for a juicy AG 2 target and the 3 orcs around him.

All was not lot for the Gobbos however, as they remembered they'd paid for a wizard for the match! The fireball flew at the ball carrier, knocking him down along with two of the four orcs around him. The ball carrier took the worst of it and was badly hurt by the blast.

The Gobbos moved in to pick up, but fumbled the ball and caused a turnover. In reply, the Reds shoved a couple of goblins off the pitch and resumed their drive, the ball having bounced into the hands of Brick Ard, a black orc.

Fetch - now fully recovered from his earlier disaster - let another bomb go off in his face, this time KO'ing himself and seriously injuring another goblin... This third turnover allowed the orcs to get within walking distance of the end zone.

The Gobbos scrambled to a defence. However Brick Ard shrugged off the desperate blitzes that could be mustered against him, and waited out the remainder of the half under the careful guard of three of his team mates, while the other Reds eliminated every goblin they could. On the 16th turn Brick finally walked over the line to equalise.

The last play of the match came and went quickly. With only one turn left, the Gobbos set up for a throwing play, and as luck would have it the kick landed off-field. Sadly though, Gutrot the troll fumbled his goblin toss. Obviously fed up, the other troll Lazybones swung out and injured one more orc before the final whistle blew.

Final score: 1-1.
Reds injuries suffered: 5 (3 by Lazybones, 1 by fireball, 1 by falling over).
Gobbos injuries suffered: 3 (1 by Brick Ard, 1 by Morkmar (blitzer), 1 by premature detonation).

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention... this was a really fluky game for both of our teams. Arnisarus had 3 TRRs, I had 4, yet we were both completely dry before the halfway point of each half. Arnisarus mentioned how many bad rolls he was getting, and the BBManager stats back him up on this - no less than 25% of his block dice results were skulls, and no less than 30% of his 1D6 rolls came up 1!

ntw
05-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Yeah - I think I had a pretty good chance at winning this, and even if all the unconcious rats (no Bloodwiser on him) woke up, I'd still have numerical superiority. I should have been able to secure any attempt to two-turn with a decent reliability. But not guaranteed.

I'm still gutted how this last match of the Division ended. I don't want to steal KayD's promotion with an admin-entered 1-0 victory. I also don't want to lose MY promotion with an admin-entered 1-1.

Talking with INinja last night, he said he's fine either way but agrees that I would have probably won this.

Ugh. Not going to be happy with either decision, so if one of the admins could flip a coin and just decide what to do, that'd be most appreciated.

IMHO - a 0-0 draw would be the "best" result.

Nuffle is notoriously fickle and sadistic and would delight in causing you to fail your pickups, or allowing iNinja to score a 2 turn TD. Furthermore (as you said) it doesn't seem quite fair for KayD to lose the promo on a defaulted game, while of course it's not fair to either you or iNinja to suffer the 0-0 for the game crashing. Additionally, granting you the win would rob iNinja of all his SPPs and winnings (/losings) - instead granting you 2 (randomly assigned) TDs, 2 MVPs and all the money...

It's a horrible situation and I'm glad it's officially GroovyChainsaw's decision - but if it were mine, that's what I'd do and why.

groovychainsaw
06-08-2011, 08:00 PM
The best solution to this would be to replay the match, as it had ended 0-0. However, if you really can't get a replay in, then it will have to be 0-0 I feel. I wouldn't want to start predicting results for matches that were abandoned, and strictly speaking, it was still 0-0 when the match ended. Usually, if the game breaks in the second half, we would go to the score at the time, providing it appeared to give a clear victor. Player positions notwithstanding, anything can happen in this game, and predicting the 'likely' outcome seems like a pretty unfair way of deciding any game that was at 0-0. Officially, the 0-0 would be for 'both making an effort, but failing to complete your game' I guess, so I will hide behind our rules a bit to give a 0-0 in this case. Obviously, if you want a win, it would be best to try again, and I'm willing to give you guys a day or two added on at the end of the season if that helps you play? :-).

TenjouUtena
06-08-2011, 08:55 PM
(Phill Cameron/Sponge) Prefistoric 2 - 1 N.E.R.V. (TenjouUtena)

I got a lucky turn 4 TD and wasn't able to stop the retaliation or force an early TD in the second half. Pretty bog standard 2-1 elf loss, really.

Additionally, I'm not going to come back for next season. It's been fun, but life is just crowding in too much these days. Thanks for the fun games.

Vexing Vision
06-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Well, Ninja is in France now - and I'll be busy at the GamesCom when he's back. Unless you're willing to delay by a week, it's not going to happen. :)

0-0 is a shame, but a fair point.

boots468
07-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Boots468's Vamps Vs Xercies' Pro Elves:

Given that 16 of the 22 players were av7 and the four vamps were as likely to hurt thralls as elves, this was a bizarrely bloodless game. Just five KOs (two from failed elf dodges, one from bloodlust) and one injury (and that wasn't until turn 12 or so), so this didn't end five-a-side like I had predicted.

The actual game was pretty end to end - vamps recieved and loosely caged up the pitch, surviving a 2d against block on the ball carrier and scoring in turn 4. The elves tried to equalise, but failed a dodge, giving the ball back to me. A few fortunate hypnotises and hand offs and I just need to pass bloodlust to make it 2-0. I somehow manage to actually pass it, and go into half time looking strong.

Things get even better for me at kick off, when his thrower is KOd by a thrown rock. Regardless, some tricksy elfing (I had forgotten how annoying mass side-step is) saw a touchdown in turn 13 to make it 2-1, with one elf and two vamp re-rolls left. The odds are evened a bit by a blitz at kick off though - thankfully the kick was deep, so he had no chance of catching it himself. Bloodlust eating up re-rolls (and thralls!) left me holding the ball near my own goal line with a tonne of mohicans bearing down on the vampire with the ball. Luckily, the 1d blitz is only a push, and in my turn i dodge free, make a pass to an unmarked vamp, who passes his bloodlust to run and handoff to another unmarked vamp. Who fails his catch, with lots of elves still in scoring distance. Thankfully, Xercies is out of position to fully capitalise, and in last two turns it only takes one 2+ dodge and two 2+ bloodlusts to make it a very flattering 3-1 game.

Thanks for the good game Xercies, sorry that the one injury I caused further cripples your battered team, and good luck for next season!

Cyborg
07-08-2011, 05:12 PM
de-composure(one step from lost) versus forest for the trees( cyborg)

Very bruising. A lot of injuries. Five in the first half just for the elves, two for the undead. In the first half, a score on the seventh turn by the undead, making it one to nothing.

Second half, undead forms a ball and drives up the side, in no real hurry because they have the lead against a depleted elf team. Wardancers push aside some of the defenders and a lineman draws a double knockdown. The ball comes loose but is quickly recovered by a skeleton, and the same play starts all over again. At this point, it is 11 on 6, so it is just a matter of going around for the attempts at injuring the rest of the team and finishing the game.

Later, another elf ends up dying and the game finishes 11 on 3.

Good game!

onestepfromlost
07-08-2011, 05:15 PM
yeah great game, i do tend to play a rather bashy game I was just dissapointed i never managed to hurt your treeman :P

Xercies
07-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Yeah i'm just wondering that looking at my team and at my position in the table it might be better to just make a new team. I don't know whether I want to stay with Elves though, Lizards are calling to me for some reason.

MadDave123
07-08-2011, 10:20 PM
MadDave123's Foul Appearance Vs. DarkFenix's Minotaur

Well, Nuffle most definitely wasn't on the side of Chaos today. Lots of bad rolls coupled with a surprising amount of foul appearances (5 in total I think) really didn't help DarkFenix at all. I lost one warrior to a groin strain, and DarkFenix successfully apothecary'd a fractured leg into a badly hurt. Lots of other badly hurt results made for a pretty brutal match (something DarkFenix predicted before hand).

End result Nurgle 2 - 0 Chaos

Thanks for the game DarkFenix, I hope the MVP SPPs go to the right player. :)

potatoedoughnut
07-08-2011, 11:00 PM
potatoedoughnut's Clone High (Nec) 1 - 1 groovychainsaw's The 4 Colour Villains (Hum)

Very interesting game that could have gone either way, but ended in a tie.

First half the necros recieve. I cage down the pitch while GC tries to block the cage. I attempt to stall for time instead of rushing for a TD. We both suffer some KOs and Cas. One of my wights gets -1 str and doesn't regen :( but things go ok until turn 7. My wight with the ball is on the goal line but pinned to the sideline by a blitzer. A 2d blitz from my wolf (w/ block) gets BD/BD. I decide to try for the 4+ dodge TD and fail. The ball gets tossed back in around midfield and GC is able to make the block, pickup, pass, catch, and 4 GFIs to make the TD before halftime.

Luckily at halftime both my KOs (a wolf and a ghoul) come back, and GCs blitzer stays down. The kick is deep and I'm able to block his drive and eventually get the ball free. The next turn GC gets a AD/BD into BD/BD on the first action so he doesn't get a chance to stop my wolf from scoring the next turn (14ish?).

On GCs next drive I'm again able to block the drive and put pressure on his cage. I'm able to get the ball loose on turn 15, but it's in the middle of the big scrum in the middle of the pitch. I get a wolf in scoring position, but fail a 4+ pickup with my agi 4 ghoul that turn. GC make the play as difficult as possible and I mess up my play a bit as well by positioning some players badly. In the end I need a block, a 3+ dodge, 3+ pickup, 2+ dodge, and 3+ handoff. Dodge saves the first dodge, I make the pickup, use my last RR on the second dodge, then fail the handoff to leave the match tied at 1-1.

GG GC, that match could have gone either way with just a few different rolls.

GC get the promotion as he has a better record vs the #3 team in the div (Sponge, GC won, I tied).

If we had tied there as well we were also tied on CAS/TD difference (pd: 4 TD for, 3 TD against, 3 cas, 3 inj; GC: 4 TD for, 3 TD against, 8 cas, 8 inj) with +1 for both of us. Spreadsheet doesn't have a rule for if that's tied too, TV difference? GC wins there (1400 vs 1380). In all a very even matchup. Well played GC and gl next season!

groovychainsaw
08-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Yup, incredibly tight game, a couple of turns that ended badly for both of us saw our fortunes shift very quickly. I made some mistakes early on in the second half to give you the opportunity of the equalising touchdown which I regret, shouldn't have let myself get shepherded into the left hand side, but it was good play from you to put me there :-) (and I should have been bold and dodged inside with my ball carrier once it had started to go wrong!!). Deciding to try and get the win from turn 14 was bold too, and you so nearly punished me for that one,but I genuinely hadn't checked who was getting promoted in case of a draw, and was convinced I'd need the win to get promotion, so went for it :-D.

First half was a great cat and mouse game, not helped by the double KO/injury for me in one turn (4?) and a high number of 2 turn stuns I picked up. I slightly stole the clear touchdown chance from potatoe by getting my blitzer over to his wight and his wolf getting a BD/BD!! Was cheeky, but in the end I needed it as my cage failed me both times in the second half, nearly losing me the game...

And this grabbed me promotion it seems, by the skin of my teeth. As potatoe says, there was really nothing between us, both in the game and in the league, so I'm sure we will meet again at some point. As for my team, 3 levels were picked up, so 2 linemen got block to help my cage stand up :-) and my ogre hit lvl3 and got my big-guy favourite, break tackle. No more spending 8 turns bashing a solitary zombie until he breaks. Now he shall roam free across the pitch, attacking all and sundry, no doubt boneheading and losing me a blitz for a turn! At least he might make a good mobile Guard unit.

Xercies
08-08-2011, 02:16 PM
I think I've decided to restart this season with Lizardmen if that's possible, I put an R in the spreadsheet to let you know. I think though there might be a problem with me this season since i'm going to go on holiday for 2 weeks from the 29th so I might miss a few games. Would it be better just to skip this season?

President Weasel
08-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Hmm, you changed to Liz and it now shows as 5, which suggests you're fine to change (although be aware that people above you in the table get first dibs on the race slot, so it's possible someone in the champions league might nick that lizard spot).

I've already offered to sign Alh_P's team up for the new season. I suppose if you're restarting you'd be in the lowest division anyway so you don't have to worry about losing your position. However depending when your holiday is it might be a case of only missing one game, in which case I'd be happy to sign you up or whatever, then you could miss a game and play the other two. Seems a shame to lose a player if we can find a way around it.

Also, I don't know how the rules work with swapping teams and dropping out at the same time - can you put a pound coin on that team and reserve it for when you restart, or does it stay as 4 active lizard teams and a free slot, and you have to hope it's still there when you rejoin?

Xercies
08-08-2011, 03:56 PM
To be honest it would be unfair if I dropped out of the season and reserved the Lizard spot. I don't mind that I will not get it if i do drop out, i don't think I will though, I'll just wait and see what happens when the dates of the thing are and if anyone else wants lizards. i don't mind starting on another team if anyone above wants to play Lizards. I kind of have to start a new team anyway looking at my money and at my injuries, it just seems a bit better then continuing the team I have.

DarkFenix
08-08-2011, 08:13 PM
MadDave123's Foul Appearance Vs. DarkFenix's Minotaur

Well, Nuffle most definitely wasn't on the side of Chaos today. Lots of bad rolls coupled with a surprising amount of foul appearances (5 in total I think) really didn't help DarkFenix at all. I lost one warrior to a groin strain, and DarkFenix successfully apothecary'd a fractured leg into a badly hurt. Lots of other badly hurt results made for a pretty brutal match (something DarkFenix predicted before hand).

End result Nurgle 2 - 0 Chaos

Thanks for the game DarkFenix, I hope the MVP SPPs go to the right player. :)
Yeah, after the armour/injury dice made perfectly clear they hate me in my halfling game it was never in any doubt my team was going to suffer against Nurglites. The MVP SPP also hate me, going to a beastman again, though at least said beastman levelled and got block.

Also, probably best I avoid promotion with this train-wreck of a team.

President Weasel
08-08-2011, 09:12 PM
what what? but you got infinity money and SPPs from people missing their games against you?
My chaos are getting promoted the hard way! Bare hooves, in the snow, uphill both ways!

DarkFenix
08-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Well, for starters I'm a very inexperienced coach when it comes to bashy teams. Secondly, enemy players I fight seem to gain a +3AV bonus, so bloody halflings were as hard to injure as dwarves, and forget injuring Nurglites, I was throwing blocks at those squishy 8AV players all game to zero effect. Also (and I was keeping score) the dice in general were firmly against me, there were in fact a total of 7 fluffed blocks due to foul appearance (a couple rerolled) and while the Nurglites rolled a single set of snake eyes all game, I rolled around 5 (mostly on blocking, but got them on pickups too), oh then add in the factor of my players being as easy to injure as elves.

I've read the threads and such on playing Chaos, unfortunately every strategy they can use involves blocking going right. Once I can get that, I'll be just fine :P

President Weasel
08-08-2011, 11:02 PM
you've even got a minotaur, you posh git! My guys are just using a big cloak and a cow's head on a stick to try to fool the opposition into thinking we have one.

onestepfromlost
09-08-2011, 12:17 AM
yeah im guessing your minotuar scarecrow was why it didnt move much in our match PW :P

President Weasel
09-08-2011, 12:44 AM
I am too poor to afford a real one because of the damned winnings bug, so the scarecrow will have to do for at least another match.

Zoraster
09-08-2011, 05:13 AM
On the subject of the winnings bug I’ve noticed it has hit every single game I’ve played since the alleged fix was deployed. Very small sample size I know, but it would be an oh so Cyanide repair :)

Last night ‘Hands and I played out an odd little match with pretty rubbish dice throughout. I was hitting a Pow less than once every ten block dice, and ‘Hands wasn’t doing much better until a late splurge lifted him to the giddy heights of one in seven. The odious elfin horde made up for this by being inept at dodging and they managed to fail rolls at key moments again and again. The Rats kept failing 2+ catch rolls but crucially always rerolled them successfully. After recent pick-up woes the Gutters were in top form making several pick ups in elf TZs. With the big dice all coming down in Rat favour the result wasn’t in much doubt.

3-1 to the Rats, but Weeble won later in the evening to take the promotion spot on head to head record. It is the first time the Rats have failed to win their division, although they should still win it in game for a small consolation :)

cwoac
09-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Any admins about who can move div6 forward?

DarkFenix
09-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Done, also validated played matches.

duff
09-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Just played my very first game with my new delfs (I was beginning to think this league was cursed!) against cwoac's necromantic team. It was a pretty bog standard affair for low TV delfs and I managed to stall cwoacs drive to a halt in the first half, not having the skills for a ninja precision strike (I like saying those words). Second half things got a bit fruity. I used my paltry two rerolls in the first two turns (rerolling 2+ dodges) and cwoac got me pressed up against one flank with his golems and wights. I then had a nice turn with a 3+ pass and 2+ catch succeeding. At this point cwoac's only player in range was a zombie in 2 tackle zones who somehow dodged away and knocked the delf ball carrier over. Fortunately in the next turn I picked it up easily (very nice going from agi3 to agi4 team) and ran it in on turn 14 for the 1-0 win.

imirk
09-08-2011, 06:39 PM
duff- update ze spreadsheet please?

President Weasel
09-08-2011, 06:44 PM
ooh, burn.

Copper8642
09-08-2011, 11:33 PM
I just wanted to apologize for missing my first 2 matches of this bracket, and to say that it looks like I will at least be playing my third match, and I don't plan to be horribly missing for a month again in the near future.

MadDave123
10-08-2011, 12:32 AM
and forget injuring Nurglites, I was throwing blocks at those squishy 8AV players all game to zero effect. Also (and I was keeping score) the dice in general were firmly against me, there were in fact a total of 7 fluffed blocks due to foul appearance (a couple rerolled) and while the Nurglites rolled a single set of snake eyes all game, I rolled around 5 (mostly on blocking, but got them on pickups too), oh then add in the factor of my players being as easy to injure as elves.It's true, all of it. The dice really sucked all match for him.

I'm proud of my rotters though. They take a beating and still keep coming back for more. Tough little blighters. I've only lost 1 rotter so far, and that was more than made up for by the two enemy players that I killed and turned into new rotters. :D

mootpoint
10-08-2011, 12:49 AM
The impossible has happened! The Halflings won again! 2 - 1 against Copper8642's Humies. Dead Tired now though, might write up something tomorrow. Short; two TDs by thrown halfling, almost got a third by running(!) halfling. Both me and Copper had some really weird experiences with Nuffle during the match, but it might just have been the mushrooms in the stew.

President Weasel
10-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Season ends tomorrow, innit. Get your games sorted out, people.

Nullkigan
10-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I'll be away roughly friday through monday or tuesday so I might have trouble applying for next season. I'll try and leave my login with someone if this proves to be the case, but in an ideal world we won't need any extensions to the end of this season!

(Also, confirming that Weeble beat my Zons so bad that they'd have to lose their two best players to continue. Time for some Dark Elves!)

President Weasel
10-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I might have trouble applying for next season. I'll try and leave my login with someone if this proves to be the case

If you turn out to need this, it would be no bother. Think I'm already meant to be doing it for Alh_p, and I managed to do it for him before without even slightly deleting his minotaur.

groovychainsaw
10-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah, hurry up chaps, season ends tomorrow, and there's at least a couple of divisions who haven't sorted their games yet (or haven't filled in the spreadsheet, equally bad!). I'm willing to give people a day or two extra to complete their games, but if you could get it all sorted ASAP that would be nice. Usually takes us a week from the last game getting played to everyone applying for their division, so I'd anticipate next weekend will be the kickoff for the new season...

Vexing Vision
10-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Ho hum, next weekend kick-off? I'll be offline (well, I don't have access to Blood Bowl at least) next week due to work-travel.

Who's a trustworthy fellah? I'll be offline after Monday night.

President Weasel
10-08-2011, 07:14 PM
One satisfied customer so far (ahl_p), not one report of minotaur deletion. I have a 100% customer satisfaction score.
President Weasel - when you care enough to use the very best.

mrpier
10-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Div B finished after my dwarves beat desvergeh's Necros. It seems to be between me and alh_p for the division win with five points each and two draws and one victory each. So if and admin could look at it that would be sweet, and also validate the game (my deathroller got his first skillup!).

I won the coin-toss and elected to receive since I didn't have any substitutes for this game and wanted to have my deathroller for at least a full half and hopefully gain numerical superiority in the second half, when I knew I would only be 10 players. Desvergeh put up a naive defensive formation leaving both wights unprotected two squares from the sidelines, which I immediately thought to punish with my troll slayers. Unfortunately for me the kick-off came up throw-a-rock and knocked my guard blitzer off his feet, and I didn't want to try a frenzy with with just one block-dice. My deathroller came to help and promptly failed his break tackle, turnover. Desvergeh was quick to use his dirty player on him and that was the last anyone saw to the deathroller in this match.

A furious battle then ensued on the left side of the pitch where I in short order surfed two of his players, only to see my troll slayer getting surfed the next turn. In round five I think there was 8 players knocked or surfed out of play with a slight advantage to me. I managed eventually to get my 4AG blitzer free on the right side after tying up his remaining players on the left and could walk the ball in on my turn 8.

Second half it was nine vs nine players and desvergeh collected the ball, setting up very strong in the center of the field, I decided to try to go in hard on his ballcarriers hoping that my abundance of guard and block would lead to him getting turnovers instead of knocking my blockers out. This worked fairly well and I retrieved the ball after a failed dodge (I think?) by the ballcarrying ghoul on turn 4 or 5. Againg I tried to lock his players down with my blockers on one side while I sent a blitzer with some support down the other. This worked also fairly well although there were several times it could have gone wrong with a bit of luck of the block/dodge dice for desvergeh. He got a one dice blitz on my ballcarrier in turn 15, but luckily only got a push. My rookie-runner could walk the ball in on turn 16 after a handoff.

So 2-0 to Longus Barba and a very entertaining match it was. Thanks for the game desvergeh, your undead fought valiantly but I think the abundance of block/guard was too much for your somewhat unskilled team to handle.

groovychainsaw
10-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Just checked the stats out and mr pier, you pipped al to the winning spot, total TD+CAS difference of +3 to Al's -1 overall. From what I could see, the difference was all in the casualties inflicted when you played each other, which seems fitting, at least :-). Gratz Mr. Pier!

mrpier
10-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Oh nice, first promotion with this team, and my DR got block as well :-D

HughTower
11-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Powers-that-be. Kara and I have struggled so far to play MD3. I'm waiting to see if he can do Saturday to complete Div1. Will that be OK wit chew?

groovychainsaw
11-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Saturday should be ok, since you asked so nicely. :-)

Anyone else, I'll probably start defaulting games tomorrow night (Friday) if I haven't heard from you, so please let me know if you just need a day or two to get the last game played. I'll be checking out the match organising thread and the groups to set the scores. Additionally, we'll be locking the match organising thread at the end of this season and moving wholly over to the groups for organisation purposes, as they are a lot neater AND easier for us admin types to browse through. So if oyu haven't used them yet, maybe familiarise yourself with them before next season... :-)

Sgt.Ragekage
11-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Div G

Just a heads up, but Imirk and i are struggling to fix a time for the final match. mostly down to work commitments and time difference.
If we dont manage it ive asked him about settling for a draw. It's all in the group thread just thought id give ya admins a bit of warning in here.

laneford
11-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Also in Div G, I can't get hold of Rakysh for the final game.

desvergeh
11-08-2011, 12:15 PM
My deathroller came to help and promptly failed his break tackle, turnover. Desvergeh was quick to use his dirty player on him and that was the last anyone saw to the deathroller in this match.

Your deathroller out on my first turn, and yet it still got MVP!

Second half it was nine vs nine players and desvergeh collected the ball, setting up very strong in the center of the field, I decided to try to go in hard on his ballcarriers hoping that my abundance of guard and block would lead to him getting turnovers instead of knocking my blockers out. This worked fairly well and I retrieved the ball after a failed dodge (I think?) by the ballcarrying ghoul on turn 4 or 5.

Not quite, you knocked the ghoul and accompanying WW down on the left flank. I had made a break for it, but unfortunately not enough of your dwarves were tied up with my players.

So 2-0 to Longus Barba and a very entertaining match it was. Thanks for the game desvergeh, your undead fought valiantly but I think the abundance of block/guard was too much for your somewhat unskilled team to handle.

Yeah, was hard going.

Good game, you deserved the win there. At least I only got 1 bad injury on a zombie.

President Weasel
11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm having no joy getting hold of mombius in div4, either.

Screwie
11-08-2011, 12:36 PM
I had the most success contacting mombi using Steam.

However I first had to wait for him to invite me as a friend... the name on the spreadsheet doesn't appear to return a user even though that's his public Steam name (not sure why that is).

Still, if I see him around tonight I will point him your way.

mrpier
11-08-2011, 12:50 PM
desvergeh - Ah yes, I remember now, I used three blocks to get that blodging ghoul down and then the ball went out of field when I tried to pick it up.

Vexing Vision
11-08-2011, 02:46 PM
If some admin could set me vs INinja to 0:0 or whatever then, be appreciated. Somewhat.

Still depressed about that. Bleh.

Sgt.Ragekage
11-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Div G.

I've had confirmation from Imirk that were not going to be able to fit our match in and we have both agreed to a draw. Not sure what happens now if an admin could sort it out. It's all in the Div G group chat. Ta.

JayTee
11-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Still yet to see or hear anything from SoulPride. I'm guessing since he's defaulted on the last two games that a third default is coming up. Meh.

groovychainsaw
12-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Right, we have rather a large number of defaults to end our season :-(. I'll list the outstading games' statuses here to give people a chance to try and get it played tonight or tomorrow (as I won't be doing promotions until sunday).

Hughtower/Karandraz - Planned sat night
Jaytee/Soulpride - Soulpride AWOL, so 2-0 win to Jaytee
Jim/Sinister - Port/connection issues 0-0
Combat/Unitled - no post from either player?? 0-0
Pres Weasel/Mombius - no post from mom, so 2-0 to PW
Ininja/Vexing - 0-0
Schaulustiger/Meatloaf - Meatloaf AWOL, 2-0 to Schau
Rakysh/Laneford - Rakysh AWOL, 2-0 to laneford
Sgt Rage/Imirk, 0-0

So, you know what you'll be getting if nothing changes between now and sunday night. Promotions will be done then, so look in to find out where you should be applying for next season!

Gorm
12-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Why did none of my games default? My team could have done with a rest to get back up to 11. Be considerate guys.

darkweeble
14-08-2011, 02:23 AM
Just want to post and confirm that I cannot play in the next season. I'm moving at the end of the month and I don't want to risk defaulting games due to hernia, broken spine, or no internet. I am still interested in the season after that, though! I'll be keeping an eye on the forums for when it comes up.

Vexing Vision
14-08-2011, 09:23 AM
This Weasel-person has access to my innermost secrets and strategies in his inbox. It is a good thing we will probably never meet on the battlefield.

I'll be able to sign the Sirens up until Monday night, but due to the amount of people changing teams or dropping out, I have no doubt there is a high potential for shuffling.

For match-organisation purposes, I'll still be able to read forums. Though the groups are a pain to navigate mobile.

President Weasel
14-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Confirming I now have V_V's login details and will sign him up to the Divisions if the sign-uppage happens after Monday.
Also confirming I have Ahl_P's login details and the vague impression that I am maybe supposed to sign him up too - I'll wait and see on that front, but Ahl, if I don't hear from you and it's getting close to kickoff I'll put your team into whatever division it's meant to go in.

Any more for any more?

"President Weasel's signing up service shows a surprising lack of incompetence" - Imaginary satisfied customer
"yeah, it was all right. I guess" - Ahl P

Oh, and for the record, Groovy - you can take the necro team out behind the barn and shoot it in the head. I shall be continuing with my Chaos team. Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Grooves for the Groovy Chainsaw!

duff
14-08-2011, 06:07 PM
You can sign me up if you like... I'm not going anywhere like. :p

Your like those people in schools who look after the childrens cyber pets whilst they go to lessons!

HughTower
14-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Right, we have rather a large number of defaults to end our season :-(. I'll list the outstading games' statuses here to give people a chance to try and get it played tonight or tomorrow (as I won't be doing promotions until sunday).

Hughtower/Karandraz - Planned sat night

...snip...

So, you know what you'll be getting if nothing changes between now and sunday night. Promotions will be done then, so look in to find out where you should be applying for next season!

Last night didn't happen, GC, but I'm hopeful and excited that something may happen v. shortly.

I'm online. He's online. It's all kicking OOOFFFFFFF....

HughTower
14-08-2011, 08:49 PM
And now... it has happened.

S/sheet updated - I think there's some algebra to be done to decide the runner-up spot.

PS - ta for your patience and benificence.

President Weasel
14-08-2011, 09:05 PM
4-0? Jings!

groovychainsaw
14-08-2011, 09:17 PM
Ok, all done chaps, check out the spreadsheet to see where you should be ending up for the next season. Once again, a few people dropping out throughout has led to some double/triple promotions, so go and see where you are! Let me know if you're up against too many of the same people from the last season, I've tried to fix it so you don't play more than 1 person the same.If it all looks fine to you, get your application in to your division in the game. We'll accept them from the top division down, as usual, in case of any late drop-outs. PLEASE let us know by changing the sheet to Z if you're not going to be playing next season and you haven't already, helps us get organised immensely!!

Only one decision I made, Soulpride, you missed all 3 games this season, so I put you down as 'Z' for now, have a word if you would like to be reinstated. Others, if you default too many games with no reason this could happen to you, so try to let us know if you're going to miss a game for any reason :-).

ntw
14-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Did you take a backup of the end-of-season sheet please mate?

Vexing Vision
14-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Some error happened in Div D - the match between Ninja and me was decided to be 0:0. I still got the win (from his disconnet) though, and from what it seems, the money as well.

I suppose it's too late to change that result?

Kelron
14-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Not too bothered what division I'm in, but why have I moved across to A while Hugh stayed in 1? I thought head-to-head results took precedence over TD difference for tiebreaks.

ntw
14-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Not too bothered what division I'm in, but why have I moved across to A while Hugh stayed in 1? I thought head-to-head results took precedence over TD difference for tiebreaks.

2nd place stays in the Div - your win over Hughtower should have kept you in Div1 (as you observed), put it down to Groovy being overworked and having to worry about more complicated things than who moves sideways and who stays still ;)

groovychainsaw
14-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Gah, yeah, sorry kelron, I'll switch you back, fir some reason I thought you had drawn and went straight to cas+td. I'll sort it out :)

ntw
14-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Sorted for ya mateys.

Yarr!

laneford
15-08-2011, 01:24 AM
Oooh another season of desperately trying to catch fast agile quick things in the Championship awaits!

Gorm
15-08-2011, 02:45 AM
I'm going to be missing my last game this season, and maybe my second since i will finish my job and go travelling for a month.
I'll definatly duck out of next season but i should only miss one game this season.

potatoedoughnut
15-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Applied to div 2. I'm looking forward to our rematch GC :)

kergguz
15-08-2011, 07:54 AM
New player alert! Hope it's ok for me to join, do I just go ahead and add my name to the linked sheet on the first page? Not played in an online league before either, do I need to create my team first and wait for an invite, or does my coach ID get invited and then I create the team?
Thanks for the help, looking forward to it!

mootpoint
15-08-2011, 08:31 AM
I was trying to access the historical results for last season to nose around how the other Halfling team did but only got to a access denied page. I believe the access restrictions are a bit tight :)

Arnisarus
15-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Screwie, i think we need to team up against these dodgy buggers we have in div 3, i cant be having stupid girls beating ma orcs!, nor the rats!

so time to join the Waaaaaaaggghhhhhhh! my friend, the green tide needs to crush all pansy amazons (i hate them because of the open) and rats, just coz i ike to squish them with black orc feet.

President Weasel
15-08-2011, 09:19 AM
New player alert! Hope it's ok for me to join, do I just go ahead and add my name to the linked sheet on the first page? Not played in an online league before either, do I need to create my team first and wait for an invite, or does my coach ID get invited and then I create the team?

You need to add your details to the spreadsheet.

Inside the Cyanide game you need to create a team. Then when you know what league you are in, you need to go to Leagues, use the league finder, select "view league" and then apply. The game is mildly broken, so you can only apply from within "view league".

I'd also advise you create a different team, join the Naggaroth matchmaking league, and make sure that you can actually connect to and play a game with humans. There's a common port issue (16952 or similar) and if you get it you will have to spend time fiddling around with port forwarding on your router - better to do that with no time pressure than to find out you have a problem on the day of your first scheduled match.

Screwie
15-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Screwie, i think we need to team up against these dodgy buggers we have in div 3, i cant be having stupid girls beating ma orcs!, nor the rats!

so time to join the Waaaaaaaggghhhhhhh! my friend, the green tide needs to crush all pansy amazons (i hate them because of the open) and rats, just coz i ike to squish them with black orc feet.

Hahaha watch those girlies my green friend, they are flighty! Ah, 2 teams against 2... makes me wish that there was a version of Dungeonbowl for the new rules...

I am impressed by my team's meteoric rise to division 3 while at the same time having so little success. It reeks of backroom deals, bribes and other appropriately goblin-y tactics. :D

groovychainsaw
15-08-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm still awaiting my cheque Screwie. All other bribes to the usual address :)

ntw
15-08-2011, 10:20 AM

You need to add your details to the spreadsheet.

Inside the Cyanide game you need to create a team. Then when you know what league you are in, you need to go to Leagues, use the league finder, select "view league" and then apply. The game is mildly broken, so you can only apply from within "view league".

I'd also advise you create a different team, join the Naggaroth matchmaking league, and make sure that you can actually connect to and play a game with humans. There's a common port issue (16952 or similar) and if you get it you will have to spend time fiddling around with port forwarding on your router - better to do that with no time pressure than to find out you have a problem on the day of your first scheduled match.

Basically what PW said :)

I've modified the details you entered on the sheet.

Just to clarify.

You need to login to the internet side of the game
create a fresh team (our rules are fresh 1kTV teams unless the Div you are joining is noticeably more developed), good luck finding an unused name!
search for the division you've been assigned to on the spreadsheet, it's looking like there's a good chance you'll get in this season. All the divisions are named "RPS Division of Death {Div number}" so they should be easy to find (more details on the Rules and Stuff tab of the S/Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0VreXc&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=8))
view the Div, select your team from the dropdown box at the bottom of the screen and apply to the Div
wait for your app to be accepted, we fill the Divs from the top downwards to better cater for the occasional dropouts and no-shows so it may take a few days
GLORY

The UI is horrible and broken and flaky at the best of times (again, as PW said) so if you get stuck feel free to add some of us to SteamBuds and bother us for help.

I'd STRONGLY recommend playing a few friendlies beforehand if you get the chance, the Challenge League (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?147-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Challenge-League) is a great place to go to avoid the anonymous internet dickwads you may otherwise meet in the public leagues, just ensure you post a comment in the thread since that is how we filter out the unwashed masses. Playing friendlies will have the benefits of checking your firewall/router is configured properly (bloody PW stealing all my best lines!) and showing you that humans play completely differently to the AI. For full confirmation of your connectability you should both challenge another player, and accept someone else's challenge.

Disclaimer
The value of GLORY may go down as well as up, model displayed does not include GLORY as standard, GLORY is not tested on animals, exposure to GLORY may cause some or all of the following symptoms - dizziness, shortness of breath, erectile dysfunction, spontaneous chaotic mutation.

Vexing Vision
15-08-2011, 10:44 AM
"Flighty", says the gob-flinging troll. Still bitter about the last time, Screwie? ;)

I now have guard and tackle and am looking forward to the match, my little greenskinned walking SPPs.

Also glad I'll get a rematch with iNinja. :)

Alistair Hutton
15-08-2011, 10:57 AM
So ntw, we meet again. This time, I bring a lot of guard.

ntw
15-08-2011, 11:06 AM
I was trying to access the historical results for last season to nose around how the other Halfling team did but only got to a access denied page. I believe the access restrictions are a bit tight :)

The settings look good to me - "Anyone with link can view"

anyone else having problems?

Arnisarus
15-08-2011, 11:17 AM
"Flighty", says the gob-flinging troll. Still bitter about the last time, Screwie? ;)

I now have guard and tackle and am looking forward to the match, my little greenskinned walking SPPs.

Also glad I'll get a rematch with iNinja. :)

Hi Vex, We've not had the pleasure... of squishing the pansie girls. Despite my team having no tackle, and not much guard my big walking green spps, will be out for revenge should you maim our little green walking spps, after all the green tide has to stick together! + i planned on eating them in our game so if you kill them my team will be deprived!

That being said i have a slight score to settle with screwie too, since he's the only team my orcs havent beaten outright thus far... i have a feeling that will change this season, but please feel free to kill all the secret weapon players.

edit: after writing this i checked the fixtures and it turns out the waaaaggghhh has to fight each other first... to decide who the leader is obviously... so errr ... errr ... WWAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!

When are you free for our game of elf ball screwie? perhaps the dice will be more favourable this time!

Vexing Vision
15-08-2011, 11:17 AM
The settings look good to me - "Anyone with link can view"

anyone else having problems?

https://docs.google.com/a/onnetcorp.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An0cPSrhZtr7dExvaEdEWjhEd3BPOHozZlNIVmRDZ nc&hl=en_GB&pli=1#gid=22

(Historical results for July 11): Permission denied

ntw
15-08-2011, 11:29 AM
https://docs.google.com/a/onnetcorp.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An0cPSrhZtr7dExvaEdEWjhEd3BPOHozZlNIVmRDZ nc&hl=en_GB&pli=1#gid=22

(Historical results for July 11): Permission denied

OK, I've just removed and reapplied the permissions and then tested by opening it while not logged in. Seems OK to me again...

Vexing Vision
15-08-2011, 11:30 AM
That being said i have a slight score to settle with screwie too, since he's the only team my orcs havent beaten outright thus far... i have a feeling that will change this season, but please feel free to kill all the secret weapon players.

But you're going throug him first. :( Apparently, I have the last match of the season against him - so all I get are leftovers? Poo.

Also, while I might be scared of Mighty Blowing Wh... I mean, Orcs, my girls will face any adversity with brevity and replacement-zergs. Err, 'zones.

Or something.

ntw
15-08-2011, 11:31 AM
So ntw, we meet again. This time, I bring a lot of guard.

Last time you brought a lot of Guard, what have you done differently? Found an Apothecary with Guard as well? :p

Although IIRC last time you were unable to play.

I've instructed my Nurglers to not bring their hankies to the match - lets see how you cope with that!

SirVivor
15-08-2011, 11:37 AM
I also will be adding myself to the roster, if that's alright.

kergguz
15-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the many advices. My bro has the game too so I'll set up a friendly with him to make sure I don't get any port errors. When is the next season likely to start?

ntw
15-08-2011, 11:43 AM
I also will be adding myself to the roster, if that's alright.

Norse? That could be a brave choice :)

ntw
15-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the many advices. My bro has the game too so I'll set up a friendly with him to make sure I don't get any port errors. When is the next season likely to start?

Depends how quickly we get everyone accepted into the Divs, IMHO first matches should start to be played by the weekend, but I'm hoping it'll be sooner ;)

SirVivor
15-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Norse? That could be a brave choice :)
I've done well with them before. I've also done spectacularly poorly with them before.

Alistair Hutton
15-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Last time you brought a lot of Guard, what have you done differently? Found an Apothecary with Guard as well? :p

One additional Guard I think. I'm considering firing my apothecary and hiring a new one as he's absolute bobbins and reducing injuries. His best one so far was rerolling a Blitzer's dead to -1 strength. Sigh.

Although IIRC last time you were unable to play.

That's true, I'm getting your Nurgle team confused with a different Nurgle team I played in a completely differnt league. So Clearly I'm bringing my razor like focus back to the table.

Alistair Hutton
15-08-2011, 11:53 AM
That's true, I'm getting your Nurgle team confused with a different Nurgle team I played in a completely differnt league. So Clearly I'm bringing my razor like focus back to the table.

Actually, no, checking the historical results we did play a fair few seasons ago now, I only had a couple of players with Guard then. I eeked out a slightly lucky 1-0 win if I remember correctly.

Found the match report - now I remember, you got screwed by Nuffle. Hard.

ntw
15-08-2011, 11:55 AM
so, this is my chance for revenge eh? Well I've been generally banking my decent rolls and only using my crap ones in the DoD games for the last few seasons - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

ntw
15-08-2011, 12:01 PM
@ EVERYONE -

We will be exclusively using the RPS Divisions of Death Group (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4) (<- that's a link! Click on it or the kitten gets it) to judge who has made the effort and allocate a win or a default, if people are unable/unwilling to play their matches. It doesn't matter who said what to who on steam, or in the threads, or anywhere else. If you don't post there, we will assume you have not made the effort.

I have just setup a set of new "discussions" for season 12, please use these instead of the old ones.

IF you are not already a member of the group then please apply to join and drop me a PM to ensure I can accept your application.

President Weasel
15-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I do not think there has been a high enough ntw/everyone else post ratio in the last page. More posts please, Mr tw.

LowKey
15-08-2011, 12:33 PM
GLORY

YES

Division D -Nurgle, Nurgle, Norse, Undead - BASH

ntw
15-08-2011, 01:11 PM
I do not think there has been a high enough ntw/everyone else post ratio in the last page. More posts please, Mr tw.

Supply me with coffee, mars bars and quiet days at work and we have a deal, sir.

JayTee
15-08-2011, 07:05 PM
And so for the third season in a row I get to face Jiiiiim again :)

Thanks to the default and some crazy allocation of SPPs three players levelled, including my Thro-Ra who's scored a ridiculous 10 TDs so far putting him at level 4 and nabbing Kickoff Return.

Another Tomb Guardian picked up Mighty Blow, and a Blitz-Ra hits level 3 and picks up Guard. Frustratingly my other Blitz-Ra still sits at level 1, sitting an agonising 1 SPP off levelling. It'd be nice if the game would spread the MVPs around a bit, I've got 2 players who've both picked it up 3 times!

I'm also now sitting on a ridiculous 400k in cash with bugger all I really want to spend it on. Though looking at the new Division, outside of Jiiiiim, the other teams are much higher in SPP and relatively bashy so I have a feeling I may want to hold onto it to replace a few players :\

Jolima
15-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Division 1 almost turned into the 'J' division, if we had replaced Kelron for Jarvis one division down it would have had all of the J-players in the entire league!

Not to lessen the other players, but I've especially looked forward to my first meeting with Jiiiiim after his spectacular match reports earlier.

(I've applied.)

imirk
15-08-2011, 07:50 PM
I feel "K" is within the error bars on "J" so you do infact have a "J" division.

groovychainsaw
15-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Just a friendly note that it'd be nice to get the divisions going by the weekend, we'll start season 12 as soon as everyone (or the majority) have applied, so the sooner everyone applies in-game, the sooner we can get back to bashing! :-)

Jarvis
15-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Applied to div 2.

I have to say that given the state of my team and my performance it doesn't really FEEL like I should be up here.

groovychainsaw
15-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey jarvis, you came second in div C, so you were always placed to go up if people dropped out. You're in div 2 on MERIT! I haven't seen the state of your team? Is it really bad? I play you second, so if its still bad, maybe my ogre will give your players a fixing hug :-)

Jarvis
15-08-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm still a few beastmen short of a full roster and the next game i'm missing a chaos warrior and a beastman sadly the warriors out with a case of -1 strength thus makeing him the runt the others pick on.

ntw
15-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Aw, I wish someone had waited to start the Championship Div, any changes which require resorting will probably bork the fixtures order. If we can avoid starting the matches for now that'd help!

Also - executive decision taken, I've put the 2 newbies (kergguz & SirVivor) into the vacancies in the bottom divisions. Chaps, get your teams ready, but bear in mind that if we suffer dropouts, things may change!

ntw
15-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Oopsie, I rejected Cacamas (deesno) from Div 4 by mistake - stupid UI!

Can you reapply please mate?

Vexing Vision
16-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Applied for Div 3. In case there's any major changes to be made, President Weasel hopefully got me covered. Or something.

By the way, opposed to my initial statement, the Group-stuff prevents me from participating in organizing matches. They're a pain to navigate in a browser. They're impossible to navigate on my mobile.

So, I'll be back next week. ;)

Alistair Hutton
16-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Applied to div C, I'm not afraid of all the claw and block and strength 5 Chaos warriors.

Yes I am.

ntw
16-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Applied to div C, I'm not afraid of all the claw and block and strength 5 Chaos warriors.

Yes I am.

Hrm, with your uniform Guard across the team you really shouldn't worry that much :S

/edit @ Vex - can't you just bookmark the appropriate discussion? Not ideal I know, but a work-around...

kergguz
16-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Hello! I appear to be unable to post in the match organising forums. Permissioning problem, or am I a forum noob?

Created my first Nurgle team.. "Tropical Delight". Looking forward to the big kick off! Noticed I am in a division with quite the variety of timezones to add to the challenge!

ntw
16-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Hello! I appear to be unable to post in the match organising forums. Permissioning problem, or am I a forum noob?

Created my first Nurgle team.. "Tropical Delight". Looking forward to the big kick off! Noticed I am in a division with quite the variety of timezones to add to the challenge!

You need to be a member of the group, invite sent.

There are still a few players who haven't accepted the group invites, and I'm sure there are more out there who I have missed.

laneford
16-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Will you and Groovy be announcing when each league is Starting ntw? Or should we start arranging matches now?

groovychainsaw
16-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi laneford, I don't mind people trying to organise games now if your division has started and the fixtures are correct, but we won't be officially started until at least 75% of the divisions are complete. I'm hoping that will be this weekend, to give us a weekend to play on to kick off the season.

Jiiiiim
16-08-2011, 03:45 PM
applied to Div 1. Vamps, Khem and Delves. Could well have been worse.

laneford
16-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Jim, you have to not get promoted or relegated this season so we can finally meet when my team is relegated ingloriously from the championships.

Xercies
16-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Applied for Div F, lets see if i can advance these Lizards a lot more then i did the Elves

Sgt.Ragekage
16-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Applied for Div E.

mootpoint
16-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Applied to div E. Yet again surrounded by muscle-bound, nasty, smelly and generally hungry-for-munching-on-a-halfling teams. Life expectancy: 2 turns.

HughTower
16-08-2011, 10:38 PM
The Tiny Dancers have applied. We seek a second bite at the Championship cherry. We have had enough of being also-rans.

And yet there seem to be dwarves in our division.

We don't like dwarves.

ntw
16-08-2011, 11:39 PM
accepted a load of teams, updated the sheet, started and checked Div1 (Div1 & Champs are running now). If possible guys please wait until the weekend before playing your first match - obviously if you need to play it earlier then we'll understand ;)

/edit - alh_p and sinister agent please apply ASAP, you're currently the bottleneck here...once you two are in we can start the top 7 Divs. Everyone else please check the Season Status Tab (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0VreXc&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=26) if you are unsure where you should be ;)

cwoac
17-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Will apply tomorrow or friday morning when I get back home.

President Weasel
17-08-2011, 12:20 PM
accepted a load of teams, updated the sheet, started and checked Div1 (Div1 & Champs are running now). If possible guys please wait until the weekend before playing your first match - obviously if you need to play it earlier then we'll understand ;)

/edit - alh_p and sinister agent please apply ASAP, you're currently the bottleneck here...once you two are in we can start the top 7 Divs. Everyone else please check the Season Status Tab (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0VreXc&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=26) if you are unsure where you should be ;)

I'll get Ahl's application in this evening. Looks like I was right about needing to do it.
Suspect he'll miss the first game of the season as well, since this is evidence I didn't dream the whole thing...

President Weasel
17-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Right. My Red Skull Reavers have applied for Div E and "Alh_p" has "applied" to Division A with his World Beaters of Khorne. If I am reading his old posts right he'll be back after the 19th which is actually pretty soon, so he might not even miss a match.

oh, and MadDave is in That Germany on a top secret mission, but he'll be back tomorrow evening. I'll send him a text to remind him to sign up.

also, Nullky Nullks said on the 10th

I'll be away roughly friday through monday or tuesday so I might have trouble applying for next season. I'll try and leave my login with someone if this proves to be the case, but in an ideal world we won't need any extensions to the end of this season!

(Also, confirming that Weeble beat my Zons so bad that they'd have to lose their two best players to continue. Time for some Dark Elves!)

So I reckon he should be back soon to join up. He didn't leave me his details, anyway.

groovychainsaw
17-08-2011, 10:21 PM
We're nearly there, currently missing 11/56! Pretty good for wednesday. It look like we're expecting cwoac and maddave by friday, nullkigan slightly later, so the other 8 missing, presumed undead are:

Sinister Agent
Unitled
Mombius Hibachi
Rakysh
Copper8642
Meatloaf
Cyborg
Maehay

So hurry yourselves up chaps, we're keen to get going! I'm particularly worried about those who missed their last match and have been AWOL for a while (Meatloaf, Rakysh) so if anyone spots them online, give them a friendly poke?

Nullkigan
17-08-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm back at my BB pc, but still haven't decided on a team naming convention. I figured given the late start date for the season and that I was in one of the bottom divs (and thus likely to be jostled if people above missed their shot) I could afford some time to think of something special.

I'll have my team applied by midday tomorrow.

groovychainsaw
18-08-2011, 01:19 PM
No worries Null, I'm mostly giving people a kick to get their applications in by friday, ideally. So midday tomorrow will be fine :-).

President Weasel
18-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Nullky Nullks, how about "Straight Outta Naggaroth", then you can give them gangsta style names from NWA like Ice C'ube and Doctor D'r'e, or Wu Tang style like Method Malekith, Rae'kwo'n, Ageless Dirty Bastard, plus you could just straight up call your assassins Ghostface Killa and Mastah Killa

or not.

How about The Extremely Dark Elves, then you can go raid the thesaurus for synonyms for dark:
Cimmerian, aphotic, atramentous, black, blackish, caliginous, clouded, cloudy, crepuscular, darkened, dim, dingy, drab, dull, dun, dusk, dusky, faint, foggy, gloomy, grimy, ill-lighted, indistinct, inky, lightless, lurid, misty, murky, nebulous, obfuscous, obscure, opaque, overcast, pitch-black, pitch-dark, pitchy, rayless, shaded, shadowy, shady, somber, sooty, stygian,

or Breakfast Foods. Bit left field, perhaps, but I had a cracking breakfast food-themed team in Sensi Soccer, all those many years ago. I reckon if you call your blitzers egg and sausage they'll never let you down.

or not.

Whatever you do, I strongly suggest you don't name any of your blitzers after Quinns. Iron Quinns was the biggest traitor on my team for many seasons. Then he left RPS! Spooky.

HughTower
18-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Good work, PW.

Aphotic might be my new favourite word: literally meaning 'lightless'. Super.

ntw
18-08-2011, 11:01 PM
I notice there's still a few people not joined the RPS forum group, which is the official means of organising matches and thereby avoiding being penalised in the event of a default...

@ Nullkigan (via PW) - what about "Deadly Sins"? You'll have to make a few up, but I'm sure a man of your calibre can rise to the challenge.

/edit - of course, I've just remembered that I accepted Nulk's application to the Div earlier, so my post is (even more) pointless (than usual)

MadDave123
18-08-2011, 11:56 PM
"That Germany" didn't like me too much. So I've returned to good old England and have applied to Div D. Huzzah, time to rain Nurgley death down upon unwitting people... or upon myself depending on Nuffle's mood.

karandraz
19-08-2011, 02:44 AM
Applied to Division 2, little saddened i don't get to play hugh again this season there always fun, on the flip side i do get to have a match with groovy chainsaw for i believe the first time in like 10 seasons?! :)

groovychainsaw
19-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah, looking forward to that match up karandraz, although I suspect your team might be a bit more 'evolved' than mine. Should be interesting! :-)

/Edit, still missing 9 players, and its friday now, hurry up guys, I'm expecting applications to go in tonight, or I may start to shuffle things about (you have been warned!!). Players I think have gone AWOL (missed last match and not applied) are: Meatloaf, Rakysh, Mombius. The others I'm expecting to turn up still, but if we don't see any applications by tonight, I may statr looking at reshuffling in the lower divisions. If sinister gets his application in shortly, I'm happy to kick off the top 10 or so divisions, which are full now.

/Double edit! Just looked at your team karandraz, and don't quite understand how yours is only 260k more than mine. All your saurii have block, one has a point of extra strength :-(. I'm going to rue not getting more guard in my team, it could be a rough start to the season :-D. I particularly like your saurus who has a broken neck, (-1AG), which keeps him at... 1AG. He was so clumsy that a broken neck doesn't make him any worse :-D

kergguz
19-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Tested my connection last night and I was able to play against a REAL HUMAN. Think I got my Cisco Network Qualification while I was at it, but it was worth the pain. I am away now for the weekend, so if I am shuffled to a different division (currently applied for 7) then I won't be able to apply until Monday.

laneford
19-08-2011, 11:33 AM
According to steam, at any rate, Rakysh hasn't been online for 15 days.

mombiushibachi
19-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Im back for div5 soo I should be good to go! :)

INinja132
19-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Just posting up here that I'm not going to be here for a week this Saturday. So I'll be back on the 27th. I've applied and been accepted into Division 3 (I think) and will be sure to play my match as soon as I can (if the season starts before I'm back).

imirk
19-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Ok, the delay in starting so far has meant that my internet-less holiday now overlaps with a whole "day", so I'm having to withdraw until the September DoD. Really sorry, I didn't realise how long it would take to get going.

Still looking if he said a particular return date.

potatoedoughnut
19-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Yeah, looking forward to that match up karandraz, although I suspect your team might be a bit more 'evolved' than mine. Should be interesting! :-)

/Double edit! Just looked at your team karandraz, and don't quite understand how yours is only 260k more than mine. All your saurii have block, one has a point of extra strength :-(. I'm going to rue not getting more guard in my team, it could be a rough start to the season :-D. I particularly like your saurus who has a broken neck, (-1AG), which keeps him at... 1AG. He was so clumsy that a broken neck doesn't make him any worse :-D

Yeah I am also scared of facing Karandraz's lizards. So many skills, and I hate lizards to begin with. GC I'm trusting you to MNG as many of his players as possible kthx.

cwoac
19-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Okay, applied to Div E.

imirk
19-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Bwhahaha! I have an Elf in Orc'c clothing now. my blitzer got a +AG

ntw
19-08-2011, 11:44 PM
DivA started (and checked)

groovychainsaw
20-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Right, season should be starting, but we're on hold due to the last few hold-outs, who have until tonight to apply, before I reorg the divisions to get everyone playing.

Still missing:

Unitled
Rakysh (looks likely to have dropped out form the above posts)
Copper8642
Meatloaf
Cyborg
Sinister Agent
Maehey

The above will be marked as 'Z' on the sheet tomorrow morning, and will miss the coming season.

Sinister is probably the most disruptive, as without him, I'm going to have to do some clever shuffling from below to get someone in place. This means that EVERYONE will need to be ready to move at short notice if possible (I obviously won't be moving everyone, but if someone isn't available, I may need to move someone else). The bottom divisions are going to get pushed up, and probably we'll need a 'filler' team if none of the above apply...

Arnisarus
20-08-2011, 03:57 PM
im up for being a filler team need more bloodbowlage :D

President Weasel
20-08-2011, 05:59 PM
I am ready to move at mere moments notice, but I'm not letting you Sophie's choice me with two teams again ;)

groovychainsaw
20-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Fair enough pw, I'd rather not put anyone in that position again either, although I'm going to have to be creative to fill sinister's position in div 2.... Looks like if we need a filler it'll be Arni followed by pw, make sure you're around sometime tomorrow if you want to apply...

Screwie
20-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Just FYI, if you have to move me about, I'm afraid I have limited net access this weekend and can't reapply until Monday at the earliest. :(

Meatloaf
20-08-2011, 11:40 PM
My sincerest apologies folks, especially to the two people whose games I missed last time. I feel like an ass about this whole thing. I'll be stepping out, mostly because college is about to start up again and I can't guarantee any sort of schedule consistency at all for at least a few weeks.

Sorry, but count me out for now.

Xercies
20-08-2011, 11:48 PM
So Monday I'm going to go on Holiday for two weeks, i will be bringing a Laptop though so I should be able to still play Blood Bowl but yeah i won't be around much to play it.

Sgt.Ragekage
21-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Ive been sent to bonny scotland monday through thursday nights next week. Ill give my log in details to arni (my bro) he can apply if you move me about.

groovychainsaw
21-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Right, time's up! I've given the AWOL players ample time to join us, and they've missed the boat. So we need a few people to move to fill in the divisions... I've updated the spreadsheet to reflect the new world order (!), but the key people who I'd like to move are:

Arnisaurus, up to B!
Smaug, up to 3!
President Weasel, up to D!
Duffin, up to 4!
Imirk, up to E!
StudentEternal, up to F!
OnestepfromLost, up to 5!

And I *think* that'll get us going. Let me know if I've got anything glaringly wrong, or this disagrees with the sheet or something. If you can't move tonight (or possibly tomorrow if you speak to me) then I'll look at someone else in your division to move up in your place, I'm keen to get playing again. I'll be on steam for a bit, so if you have any questions, just ping me. For those interested, where it comes to pulling people up from a division or two below, I'm look primarily at last season's results, purely on points. So someone getting 3 victories would generally have a better chance of going up 2 divisions. I've also tried to stop people playing the same folks again too much.

Arnisarus
21-08-2011, 09:10 PM
oh god B!, im doomed ! DOOOOMEEEEEDDDD, blooming dwarves!

do you still need any fillers ? i applied etc

groovychainsaw
21-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Ah, yeah, totally forgot, this will sadly leave one of our new guys adrift at the bottom :-(. We have a singleton down there. Any suggestions gratefully received. Seems a shame when both the new chaps (hello, by the way!) applied in time and I can't think of a way of making up a division down there. Any thoughts?

kergguz
21-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Well if it helps matters, I could gracefully bow out for this season just so you can get things moving. Maybe I could get a guaranteed slot for next season as reward :) I could also get a few games against some of you in the challenge league to tide me over. Carry on regardless gents, I'll be an interested spectator!

laneford
21-08-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm happy to run another team as before (the same ogre team, in fact) but after sept 5th my availability will drop off a fair bit.

alh_p
21-08-2011, 10:24 PM
yoohoo chaps, I'm back and it would appear in perfect timing. Slightly chagrined to have to play Mrpier again this season though :( don't take it personal or nothing but your Dwarves were down-right rude last season.

SirVivor
22-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Eesh. If that's the way the cookie crumbles, then I guess I'll have to wait untill next time. Nertz.

groovychainsaw
22-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Well, SirVivor, looks like kergguz has very kindly given up his slot for this season. So you'll still be in! Don't go yet! Thanks kergguz, sorry it hasn't worked out, blame the 'unreliables'! I'll try to give you a game in the challenge league sometime, so you can get some practice in. Next season will be in 30 days, anyways, and we'll do our damndest to get you in then....

SirVivor
22-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Well alrighty then. Thanks, Kergguz.

ntw
22-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Group-hug!

cwoac
22-08-2011, 10:32 AM
bumped to D? Well thats one way to escape my undead horde President Weasel. Time to check who your replacement is.

Alistair Hutton
22-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Group-hug!

Hugs indeed but no word on when my humans get to hug your pestilent retrobates in an Old World version of hug-a-hoodie.