PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

mrpier
22-08-2011, 11:01 AM
yoohoo chaps, I'm back and it would appear in perfect timing. Slightly chagrined to have to play Mrpier again this season though :( don't take it personal or nothing but your Dwarves were down-right rude last season.

Oh no, I take it as a compliment. :D

LowKey
22-08-2011, 01:22 PM
so is it match organising GO TIME?

laneford
22-08-2011, 02:33 PM
so is it match organising GO TIME?

Yes, unless you are in any of the following divisions...

Arnisaurus, up to B!
Smaug, up to 3!
President Weasel, up to D!
Duffin, up to 4!
Imirk, up to E!
StudentEternal, up to F!
OnestepfromLost, up to 5!

Which may still be awaiting applications.

smaug81
22-08-2011, 04:51 PM
I'll switch my team around as soon as I get back from classes this afternoon. Shouldn't be more than a few hours.

Edit: Div 3 is looking. . . interesting. I *think* it's an improvement over Nurgle, Nurgle, Undead, but those are some experienced 'Zons and Rats to face off against. Should be fun to see how this season goes.

groovychainsaw
22-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks smaug! We're all going now down to division 3/D, fixtures sorted and seasons are go. I'll set official start date for tonight, so we have 10 days for our first match. We're waiting on duffin, imirk, student and onestep for the remainder... If i don't see them tonight, I'll look to bump someone else in their place. If you're in the divisions below the 'space', feel free to ping me tonight and make a case for your promotion... all bribes gratefully received! ;-)

imirk
22-08-2011, 08:03 PM
I'll Apply to "E" tonight (USA time)

President Weasel
22-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Onestepfromlost's Steamamajig shows him last online 5 days ago.
I'm afraid I don't have an email for him.

groovychainsaw
23-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Well, we're all go apart from the bottom 2 divisions, 5 and F. Still missing onestepfromlost and studenteternal. We have no other players to promote in their place, and obviously I'm not kicking them out (as they'd both applied already!), so I hope they spot this soon... if anyone spots them come online, give them a nudge!

Vexing Vision
23-08-2011, 10:03 AM
/edit @ Vex - can't you just bookmark the appropriate discussion? Not ideal I know, but a work-around...

Problem: You need to be logged in to access groups. With a mobile browser that kicks you out every five minutes, this is not fun.

Anyway. Back, but now Ninja is gone - we'll likely meet on the eve of weekend battle, so all's good.

/Edit: I'll also change my password again. I probably shouldn't have said that, lest Weasel wrecks havoc with my team and gives me an excuse for failing horribly this season.

Screwie
23-08-2011, 11:27 AM
@VV, Actually according to the spreadsheet, I'm now due to face INinja first this season, and you have Smaug.

Vexing Vision
23-08-2011, 12:38 PM
What? Oh. Why do things change all the time? What is this? Some kind of ploy? What else has changed? Why did noone tell me?

I'm on to you, President Weasel. I am on to you.

Gorm
23-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Hey groovy, i didnt realise the new season would take so long to start.
I've been thinking it might be better to give my spot in Div 5 to the new guy who doesnt have a league.
I wont be able to guarantee when or where i will be next month for more than a few days in advance and i definatly wont be able to say if my internet connection is good enough to play the game.
If its not too late i'll pull out and join again in October, when i'm back in blighty.

onestepfromlost
23-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Sorry guys, Ive been working 20 hour days past week, curse you World War Z. Ill get my app in.

groovychainsaw
23-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Well, if that's the case then there's a spot there for you, kergguz, if you get your application in quick! If not, any one of the 'filler' teams fancy a run-out? Put an application in arni, and if I don't hear from kergguz I'll put you in to get div 5 going. We have onestep in place now, so just waiting on StudentEternal. Where are you my good man? We're 2 days into the season now :-)

kergguz
23-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Hi groovy, saw your message on steam but was away frommy PC sorry. Yeah I'd love to join if that's ok, I can apply tomorrow morning. Only small problem- I wasn't able to play a game tonight due to port errors, this after testing it a few days ago and finding it worked perfectly. Is this normal? How can it work perfectly one day and not the next when I changed no settings? I've checked the relevant ports and they are open, so any suggestions for how I can improve connectivity would be appreciated!

Arnisarus
23-08-2011, 11:42 PM
applied to div 5 with chaos then realised it was full so applied with skaven instead, for the filler team :P

Nullkigan
23-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Well, if that's the case then there's a spot there for you, kergguz, if you get your application in quick! If not, any one of the 'filler' teams fancy a run-out? Put an application in arni, and if I don't hear from kergguz I'll put you in to get div 5 going. We have onestep in place now, so just waiting on StudentEternal. Where are you my good man? We're 2 days into the season now :-)

Perhaps it's time to add hyperlinks to the forum names on the spreadsheet? For even faster user finding and PMing in cases such as this.

sinister agent
24-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Argh!

Sorry everyone. I disappeared a week or two ago due to various personal circumstances that I won't go into now. I hope it didn't cause too much trouble. Happy to sit a month or two out.

kergguz
24-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Ignore the part on my last post about connection problems. I realised my PC was set up to change its IP address every so often. Keeping it to a static address appears to have resolved the issue. I am therefore ready to rock and roll and have applied for Division 5!

drawlien
24-08-2011, 08:51 AM
I accepted kergguz, rejected Arni', started the season and got the fixtures in the right order so div. 5 is now ready to go.

For F I'd suggest sinister or Arni' signing up a team in case we don't hear from StudentEternal.... what do you think Groovy?

Arnisarus
24-08-2011, 09:00 AM
i'll sign the skaven star trek team up to div F tonight anyway, that way it's ready to go if you do decide to get it rolling

sinister agent
24-08-2011, 09:46 AM
I accepted kergguz, rejected Arni', started the season and got the fixtures in the right order so div. 5 is now ready to go.

For F I'd suggest sinister or Arni' signing up a team in case we don't hear from StudentEternal.... what do you think Groovy?

I have proven more than a little unreliable lately. That's unlikely to change within the next fortnight, although the fortnight after that is anyone's guess, as I may be heavily medicated. Or not at all. Christ knows.

groovychainsaw
24-08-2011, 01:24 PM
No worries sinister, totally understand if things are fraught outside of blood bowl. Hopefully we'll get you back in for a future season, once real world stuff gets sorted :-).

As for replacing StudentEternal, I'm a bit loath to do this, as he HAD already applied nice and promptly, but the move to a different division has caught him out, so it seems slightly less fair to drop him. I'll give him a day or two to turn up before we go to reserves. Apologies to division F, I'll be extra-flexible on your timeframes to let you get your games in, it's probably worth starting the organising process soon anyway, so you have a date at least if Student turns up.

In case people hadn't realised, I'll add that the season started on MONDAY so we're in the first week now, organising exclusively through the GROUPS (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4)!! All divisions apart from F have been started in-game.

drawlien
24-08-2011, 01:41 PM
I just played Alethron in the first match of the Championship season. He got a well deserved win in a match which could have gone either way. I won the casualty score though there was nothing permanent!

Just some advanced warning - I will be on holiday from Friday to Saturday the 3rd of September so I will miss the beginning of the next round. Since it's only 2 days hopefully it won't be a problem.

kergguz
24-08-2011, 01:45 PM
In addition to what groovy said, I had actually already arranged a game with StudentEternal for this coming Saturday in the now defunct division 7, so he could just be waiting until then to check back in on us. If I see him on Steam I'll get him to visit the forum.

JayTee
24-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Just finished a frankly brutal match against Jiiiiim ending 3-2 to me.

I'll do a proper report after dinner if I don't get distracted, but the first half was a total bloodbath resulting in 5 Badly Hurt Skinks, 1 Saurus with a Concussion (-1AV, which the Apoth helpfully re-rolled to Dead...), 1 Badly Hurt Skeleton, and something like 5 KOs on Saurus who came back on to get KOed again shortly. The game went down to the wire and I got the winning TD on the last turn of the game, so despite the casualties Jim did very well keeping me bottled up and I could have scored a lot more with my 2:1 player advantage.

Jiiiiim
24-08-2011, 10:10 PM
The lizards stood huddled in their changing room. Most were sporting makeshift bandages and one Saurus lay sat down in a corner, watching little pterodactyls fly around his head with apparent glee. "They are...all the colours...", he began, trying to snap at one and managing to concuss himself again on a bench. The thud as he hit the floor was masked by an even louder crash as Jim stormed into the room.

"Lizards!", Jim roared as the skinks shrank away, "You were the lamest pile of loose gecko sweepings I have ever seen on a pitch! You! Muscly McLardbastard!" Jim pointed at a saurus, "What in the name of the Old ones do you think you were doing spending the entire game knocked out?"

"Well, I mean it, um, that is to say it was...", began the saurus, anxiously twisting his tail with his outsize claws, but fortunately Jim's fury had moved on to a gaggle of skinks.

"And what in god's name are you made of, paper? Is it paper? Because it looked like the origami team had taken your place today, you snivelling nerds!", Jim paused as he gave a particularly harsh glare to a little speckled skink, and relented, "Oh and by the way that was an excellent second touchdown you scored there, really good work there."

Jim seemed to have calmed down a little but no lizard met his eye as he stalked around the room, calmly recounting the litany of things that had gone the way of the Iguanadodo. "What was it, seven casualties? I've already fired that apothecary that told me old scales-for-brains on the floor there was clinically dead. I mean he's a lizard, he's meant to have cold blood. And don't get me started on those knockouts again." Jim slowed as his anger finally abated, "You're....you're good lizards, but it pains me to see you throw away a heroic draw like that, we should have just made the ball safe, it's a sad state of affairs where you show less backbone than a bunch of skeletons."

"well I mean you can't reasonably show more of your backbone than a..." began a smart-mouthed skink before his wiser colleagues kicked him in the knees, causing him to be immediately badly hurt.

"Anyway", continued Jim, apparently oblivious to that and now a little cheery, "got a new plan. Gentlelizards, I've got us a new player. Strong as an ox, thick as two oxes. He'll fit in well, I imagine. What have we got next? Vampires? Dark Elves? Pah, we'll grind them to dust. They ain't never met a guy like Mr Moneybags."

The Dead Comic Society 3 - 2 Monopole Magnates

Jolima
24-08-2011, 10:47 PM
I validated that match for you and just finished playing Kelron.

Let's see. I started kicking and got a blitz which let me catch the ball. The dark elves failed to take down my vampire who could run it in the next turn.

I kicked again and eventually managed to steal the ball again. I was running out of players though and was going to risk a 4+ pass to a pair of vampire's further up field in order to not lose the ball again right away. My vampire moves to pass and... double one on the bloodlust. I move over to hand it off to another vampire who could make the pass instead with some more going-for-it's but the catch comes up another 1.

The dark elves reclaim the ball and I make a plan to get a blitz on the carrier with some hypnotic gaze only to have my first two rolls of that turn come up with another two 1's (making 5 in a row!) as the vampire feels an even further craving for blood. I put the hypnotic gaze on another elf, but now must make a string of 5 or so 2+ rolls with a few 3+ mixed in. One of them fail and Kelron can stall for the last few turns to keep me from countering again.

At half time I'm down to 11 players total from the 15 I started with, my losses include a rookie vampire who was fouled to badly hurt and my two level 3 thralls who stay KO despite two attempts to recover. The score is 1-1.

I receive for the first time and make a fairly straight forward three turn TD. I think about stalling some more but figure I have a better chance of either turning the elven assault or forcing him to score early to give me a chance on 3-2. Stalling for one or two turns would just give him the rest of the match for his own counter.

The elves receive again and I hypnotize two players to get a 2 dice blitz on their runner with the ball. He tries to pass away the ball as he is tackled, but fumbles it and my vampire takes hold of the ball as the elf is harmlessly pushed away. The vampire tries to dodge back to safety but falls over, the ball bouncing into the hands of a thrall.

The elves rally and knock the ball free again, but it bounces straight into the hands of another vampire who they can't bring down. Next turn this new carrier moves off to the side with a cage of thralls forming around him, but the elves form up to block any further advance. A blitzed blocker lets them at least move slightly forward and back to the center of the elven half with the ball being handed to a thrall.

The elves break apart one of the corners of the cage and move two players in contact. I attempt to block them away but get a skull and lose my turn early. Kelron's ST4 blitzer makes a block on the thrall and knocks him down, but gets too caught up with the earlier lucky bouncing-ball-catches and picks the ball up himself without a way to get it away. It is now my turn 16 and I have no one in range while Kelron has a single witch elf in range for getting a draw. A vampire blitzes her down and sends her off badly wounded, effectively ending the match at 2-1.

Thanks for the game Kelron.

HughTower
24-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Pat.
Benatar.
Is.
DEAD.

This makes me sad.

And ChainsawHands got thoroughly nuffled on to the way to a 2-1 loss.

Nuffle is a fickle mistress.

imirk
24-08-2011, 11:50 PM
pat.
Benatar.
Is.
Dead.
n0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000000000000000000....000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000!

President Weasel
25-08-2011, 12:46 AM
Pat Benatar was a scary freak. A shame to see such a legend die, although also a relief that I'll not have to face her again.

Jiiiiim
25-08-2011, 01:26 AM
She finally got hit by the best shot

imirk
25-08-2011, 04:40 AM
She finally got hit by the best shot

Oh Dear.

Side note, I think the top divs have an addiction, Div one is already done with MD1.

ChainsawHands
25-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Pat.
Benatar.
Is.
DEAD.

She was a wardancer with AV6: fouling her was a sacred duty unto Nuffle. First foul, she got stunned and my player got sent off. Second foul, she got stunned. Third foul... she got dead.

Alethron
25-08-2011, 09:36 AM
A good game against Drawlien, he beat the crap out of my team but luckily nothing permanent (I was REALLY scared when my top players were getting injured), just a MNG for one of my catchers. Really wasn't expecting the win at half time when it was 1-1 with me kicking off in the second half. As Drawlien said, it could have gone either way, I was just able to get at the ball and into safety when he got a turnover at quite a bad moment. I seemed to make most of my dodge rolls throughout the game (thanks to crap loads of dodge in my team) and it felt like was making ALL of his injury rolls (crap load of mighty blow in his team), so it evened out fairly well. Good game, well player sir.

grinn
25-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Would love to join the next intake. Just put my name down on the excel sheet for an orc team. When would is the next batch of recruits taken in roughly?

Thanks!

Grinn

President Weasel
25-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Jiiiim: oooooof. But in a good way.

imirk: no fair - they started earlier. And anyway it's not a competition (unless I am winning, in which case it instantly becomes one until such point as I am losing again)

grinn: your timing is either incredibly bad, or incredibly good. We've just started another season, which means it will be approximately three weeks before we start taking in the players for next season and another week or so before that next season begins. There was one division that wasn't quite finished, but I think it was a case of Groovychainsaw (all powerful League Admin and High Commissioner Plenipotentiary) trying to fill one last spot with one of two people, rather than him having one last slot and nobody to fill it.
So I am pretty sure there's nowhere to put you until next season, which is three weeks away.

However, if you want to post in the RPS Challenge League thread and apply a team or two to that division, you can arrange friendly matches with fellow RPSers and get some practice in while you wait (and start work on some grudges).

Zoraster
25-08-2011, 02:55 PM
This season has just started so you'll have about a month to wait. The final round deadline is 21/9 but it generally doesn't take too long to get the next season going, rarely more than a week at most.

Just played Laneford's Nurgle in the championship and had some obscene early dice that really decided the game. Good injury rolls throughout but crucially taking the beast out with the first block. It did regen but by getting it off the park I created space to get my gutters to the BC so an early wizard resulted in the quick defensive score.

Injury rolls heavily favoured Rats throughout and an unfortunate error from Laneford meant he started the second half trying to prevent a turn 8 one turner. 4-1 to the Rats but Nuffle gets more than an assit for this one.

studenteternal
26-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Ack I just found out div 7 is defunct!? Sorry for the delay of game people, I had the game set up with kergguz and thought I was done until then. I apologize for not watching the boards as close, I started a new job and it has been playing merry hell with my schedule. I will go check the sheet now and apply to the correct division if I have not already been dropped.

Edit: Applied to division F!

Indefatigible Snoozer
26-08-2011, 08:29 AM
2nd game in Division B played, so the day can be rolled on!

Really, really good game against Desvergeh - hopefully he will agreed that its not always boring playing against dwarves! To start off with he got 300,000 in inducements which were spent on an igor, a wizard and a Budweiser.
First half was abysmal for me. The necros feinted to the right, only to jink back to the left flank after I had engaged most of my team. I kept a couple of safeties back, but not enough, and not fast enough on those stunty little legs to lock down a very disciplined cage. To add insult to injury, 3 dwarves were put out of the game, 2 KOs and 1 dead blitzer. Rerolled apothecary on the Blitzer - double dead :(. Luckily only lvl 1, so not a huge loss. Ghoul TD on turn 6.

I only had two reserves, and with neither of my KO'd players waking up, I was forced to put my Death Roller on for only 2 turns at the end of the first half. He ineffectually knocked over a flesh golem twice, and was then duly sent off.

Second half started with the dwarves in pretty bad shape. Neither KO'd player woke up, so the half started 9 vs 11. Ball was high, and my str 4 runner caught it. Caged up near the centre, beat up some zombies. The necros moved their back field to the right, as it seemed my most obvious route. I tried to shift to the left, and an unlucky turnover gave me the chance to form a half cage on the sideline. A successful AG 2 dodge also enabled me to erect a crude screen to protect the cage from the highly probably sideline push from the werewolfs. The wizard made his presence felt, knocking out the ball carrier and one of his guards, enabling the necros to reposition to halt my advance. A turn of jostling while I protected the ball on the ground, and a miscalculated frenzy enabled me to get into the end zone.

Game was only marred by Desvergeh unfortunately disconnecting on turn 16, but the outcome was clearly 1-1.

GG.

groovychainsaw
26-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Div F started, fixtures accurate. Week 1 ends on Weds next week :-).

cwoac
27-08-2011, 06:54 PM
a 2-0 vs imirk's orcs. Was closer in the middle - it probably would have been 1-1 but for my were who managed to kill a linesman and run across the scoreline with ball under one arm and the orc's head under the other.

imirk
27-08-2011, 06:58 PM
it wasn't a lineman it was my guard blitzer :( also my wizard was a fraud, and I really need an apocathary, since one player dies per game.

ntw
27-08-2011, 08:29 PM
it wasn't a lineman it was my guard blitzer :( also my wizard was a fraud, and I really need an apocathary, since one player dies per game.

don't place too much hope in an apothecary, in my experience they have a 66% chance of rerolling ANY injury into a death...

Vexing Vision
27-08-2011, 08:45 PM
A bloody game between Smaug's Brolaf Brigade and my Sirens was, well, exceptionally bloody. At least for me.

It all started with a kick from the Sirens, which goes far due to a six rolled. So just like the start of any other match, really.

The Brigade starts to punch Amazons, and is down to 2 rerolls and up by three skulls before turn 1 even ended or indeed anyone really moved.

By turn 4, both teams continually knock themselves out in the first or second block of the game, with the Sirens ending up having a lot more rerolls.

The Sirens form a strong net around the Brigade, homing unerringly on on their ball carrier who is already visibly panicking. Unfortunately, as the Amazons found out, panicking a Norseman is a bad idea.

Starting with turn 5, the Norsemen find their stride and knock out or injure at least one Siren per turn until the merciful 0-1 in turn 8.

A fan of the Sirens tries to even out the numbers by hurling a precise rock against a lineman, but the feeble scratching of the girls does not leave any other marks on the manly Norse who enjoy beating up girls way too much to be healthy.

In the offense, the Sirens finally kick back and manage to knock out a few Norseboys and even injure two. However, their dodge-skill might as well not be existent, either for surviving blocks nor for actually making any dodge. In turn 12, the Sirens lose control of the ball near the line of Scrimmage (although it takes until turn 15 for the Norse to regain it). A few heroic attempts to recapture the ball fail due to obvious lack of dodge.

The game ends 2-0 to the Brolaf Brigade, showing it takes real men to hand the Sirens their very first defeat! (Rumours say that the make-up party including the Bloodweiser Babes the Bros hired for the match was very much worth it, though.)

A fun game, a deserved win and a hilarious amount of self-inflicted stuns and injuries.

potatoedoughnut
27-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Jarvis and I finished our game, a 1-1 tie between my necros and his chaos.

Started off with Rain which kept up all game. I recieved and had a decent start gettting the ball caged up in the middle. Jarvis managed to bunch up and surround my players in the middle and eventually got the ball loose. I was able to knock the ball back so that it was behind the chaos line and the chaos were marked up. A wight made the pickup and ran off. 1-0 to the necros on turn 7 (I think?).

Jarvis had two turns to do some punch and managed to make 2 passes despite the rain. Critically he managed to KO my blodge/guard ghoul who didn't recover for the 2nd half.

In the first half the rain had zero effect, no failed pick-ups or catches. However Jarvis had several failed pickups (w/ RR) in the second half. To compensate the necros had an abundance of skulls and failed armour rolls resulting in several more KOs. In the end the beastmen managed to fumble the ball down the field and score on turn 16 as the necros couldn't get an adequate defense up.

I want to blame the tie on bad dice, or watching MLG instead of focusing on BB, but really Jarvis outplayed me and if he hadn't had a team full of loners and skillless chaos it would have most definitely been a loss for me. GG!

Nullkigan
27-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Just beat Student Eternal 3-1, but at the cost of a lineself (DEAD) and I can't afford a new one :(

Was a great match though, lots of scoring, passing, punching, killing, maiming and fouling.

boots468
28-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Cacamas' Dwarfs Vs my Vampires ended in a 1-1 draw. The first half was fairly uneventful, I managed to injure his troll slayer early on and get two 1d blocks on the ball carrier. The KO'd thralls build up though, and only a failed hand-off catch by a blocker in turn 8 keeps the score at 0-0. Second half is more lively - I have less players but more luck than Cacamas, and score in turn 4, with the vampires proving their worth and being all elfy. The dwarfs then pour forwards - i knock over his ball carrier twice, but to no real gain, and his runner is five squares from the goalline in his turn 15. My only chance to stop him is if a thrall dodges, goes for it and 1d knocks over the dwarf (who has block) without a reroll. The heroic thrall somehow manages it, even breaking the runner's armour, and I think I've done enough to win it, but a blocker runs into the endzone and a blitzer strolls over to the ball, picks it up and throws an accurate pass to the blocker. This time he passes his 50/50 roll to score in his last turn of the half, to make it a deserved draw.

Of the 5 injuries to my side, 4 were badly hurt and the other only MNG so I've escaped much lighter than normal, especially against a bashy side. Cheers for the game Cacamas, good luck for your next game.

Cacamas
28-08-2011, 05:05 PM
My Dwarfs just drew with boots468's Vampires 1-1 but, wow, it was quite an unusual match. boots468 definitely got the lion's share of the luck, except for the final turn.
- The first dwarven drive, which had been grinding to the line, was stopped by a single thrall dodging from his marker, 1D blitzing my runner (who has block) and picking up the ball directly after. I managed to recover but my runner failed to hand-off to the only player in range of the line and the half ended 0-0.
- The Vampire TD on turn 12 was well taken, I'll grudgingly admit that :) Did my best but he worked a way through my defence.
- My blockers finally got their blocking gloves on with the second dwarf drive, clearing enough space and creating some needed casualties to set my runner free with 1 turn to go
- Another thrall dodged free and 1D blitzed my runner (who has block, remember >:( ). At least the ball wasn't picked up, eh?
- Desperate times/desperate measures => the only player in range of the TD line (a blocker) moves for a pass, my star player blitzer picks up the ball with no re-rolls left (!) and throws a perfect launch (!!) which is caught by the blocker (!!!) for a last gasp TD

Some other points of note (this isn't me bitterly moaning, oh no. No. Absolutely not.)
- I counted 6 failed blood lusts all game (dunno how many he saved with re-rolls, but not all his re-rolls went on that).
- My troll slayer was badly hurt with the first block of the game. Whereas dwarf efforts were pitiful for the first 12 turns, with a single casualty and 3 KO's (2 of whom recovered at half-time).
- A riot happened at the start of the first half, reducing the turns available by 1, which is never good from a dwarf perspective.
- The first failed dodge for the Vamps happened on turn 16.

Funny how frustrating it can be but then it's all changed by one bit of pure luck. GG boots468, take it as a compliment I don't want to see your Vamps for a while, preferably never again :)

desvergeh
28-08-2011, 05:42 PM
2nd game in Division B played, so the day can be rolled on!

Really, really good game against Desvergeh - hopefully he will agreed that its not always boring playing against dwarves! To start off with he got 300,000 in inducements which were spent on an igor, a wizard and a Budweiser.
First half was abysmal for me. The necros feinted to the right, only to jink back to the left flank after I had engaged most of my team. I kept a couple of safeties back, but not enough, and not fast enough on those stunty little legs to lock down a very disciplined cage. To add insult to injury, 3 dwarves were put out of the game, 2 KOs and 1 dead blitzer. Rerolled apothecary on the Blitzer - double dead :(. Luckily only lvl 1, so not a huge loss. Ghoul TD on turn 6.

I only had two reserves, and with neither of my KO'd players waking up, I was forced to put my Death Roller on for only 2 turns at the end of the first half. He ineffectually knocked over a flesh golem twice, and was then duly sent off.

Second half started with the dwarves in pretty bad shape. Neither KO'd player woke up, so the half started 9 vs 11. Ball was high, and my str 4 runner caught it. Caged up near the centre, beat up some zombies. The necros moved their back field to the right, as it seemed my most obvious route. I tried to shift to the left, and an unlucky turnover gave me the chance to form a half cage on the sideline. A successful AG 2 dodge also enabled me to erect a crude screen to protect the cage from the highly probably sideline push from the werewolfs. The wizard made his presence felt, knocking out the ball carrier and one of his guards, enabling the necros to reposition to halt my advance. A turn of jostling while I protected the ball on the ground, and a miscalculated frenzy enabled me to get into the end zone.

Game was only marred by Desvergeh unfortunately disconnecting on turn 16, but the outcome was clearly 1-1.

GG.

Was an enjoyable game. Good write up too.

Disconnect was unfortunate, but as you said, turn 16 meant that the score had been decided by that point.

ntw
28-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Was an enjoyable game. Good write up too.

Disconnect was unfortunate, but as you said, turn 16 meant that the score had been decided by that point.

@ Desvergeh & Snoozer - We'd have to set that as an administrative 1-1 draw, with random MVPs and scorers. Are you both happy for that?

Few results validated.

Screwie
29-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Rakish Rodents (INinja) vs Bloody Gobbos (Me)

Just finished my game with INinja, and boy, it was nasty.

I had abysmal blocking throughout the game. I was first to receive but my rock solid cage literally didn't move forward for 5 turns as I couldn't knock anyone down to advance. It finally cracked on the 6th turn allowing INinja to scoop out the ball and run for the line.

When the second half began, between my team's KOs, injuries and law-adjacent equipment I was already outnumbered. Still I managed to shove one gutter runner off the pitch and tried my chainsaw-y damnedest to remove the other. The drive came switly down my left side, but a slip-up by the Rodents left the ball a square from the Gobbo's own line. The counter attack was short-lived however as the AG 4 goblin fumbled the pick-up. The next turn the surviving runner - whom I'd pulled the looney away from to cover the ball - slipped in and out to bring the score 2-0.

The final drive of the match began at turn 12, and a pitch invasion created a nice opportunity down my right flank. Shielded by a troll and two other team mates, my goblin ball carrier stood against the sideline, deeper into the Rodents' half than I'd been all match. Despite INinja's efforts, the semi-cage stood until my next turn, when the troll blitzed forward to remove a gutter runner defender. Triple dice block came up a skull and two BD. Reroll failed. My troll was down and my carrier was wide open and summarily injured.

The score was very nearly 3-0, if INJinja's thrower hadn't failed his GFI after grabbing the ball. The Gobbos tried to move in to capitalise but failed. The Rodents fumbled the pick up sending the ball off the pitch. It was thrown in tot he centre of the rats' half and stayed there until the end of the match.

So 2-0 to the ratties, in the end.

Not taking anything away from INinja, who played excellently, but that is the lousiest bunch of luck I've had in a match in a long, long while. Just awful. And I have a -1 AV goblin and a -1 ST (soon to be unemployed) goblin to show for it. :(

Oh and also, my extra special hire for the match - a halfling chef - failed to cook anything in the first half and something only mildly delicious in the second... 1 TRR stolen out of a possible 6. I don't normally dump money for the chef but as the Rodents only had 3 TRRs to start with and were much, much more talented than my boys I thought it might even our odds a pinch, if we could steal even 2 of those TRRs. Next time I think I'll just hire Ripper.

ntw
29-08-2011, 12:28 AM
^ validated

desvergeh
29-08-2011, 12:54 PM
@ Desvergeh & Snoozer - We'd have to set that as an administrative 1-1 draw, with random MVPs and scorers. Are you both happy for that?

Few results validated.

Fine with me.

Rakysh
29-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Hello all! I am returned. How are things?

imirk
29-08-2011, 05:40 PM
my supposedly durable orcs keep dying, admittedly I guess AV 9 does break when tested frequently enough :(

KayD
29-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Combat not replying to my chat in groups. Anyone know where he is?

Sgt.Ragekage
29-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Div E

Mootpoint 1 - 1 Ragecakes

First half went pretty much as you would expect, orcs not being able to pick the kick up halfings falling over and gettin hurt alot by their own throws. Up until about turn 4, when again the orcs are having problems witht the pig bladder, when lo and behold a halfling actually lands!! Queue some nifty stunty dodges and a nice lil pass and, OMG, halfings score.

The next four turns were a progression of Orcs chewing through halfings whilst avoiding treemen and keeping the ball. Queue Score on turn eight 1-1. Phew.

Second Half Nuffle descends from his mushroom cloud and promptly replaces the dice with rocks with skulls on. For both of us the next 8 turns went try something, FAIL, reroll, FAIL, Die/Hurt/KO'd.

Thats pretty much it. Oh except my +1AGI blitzer managed to fall over on a GFI and kill himself. Bout sums up the second half.

Moot = great guy to play very socialble and we had an excellent if strange game :)

imirk
29-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Thats pretty much it. Oh except my +1AGI blitzer managed to fall over on a GFI and kill himself. Bout sums up the second half.

Mine got a -MV injury, it seems Nuffle has rules against orcs thinking they are elves.

groovychainsaw
30-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Chappies! Week 1 ends on Thursday (not Weds, as I may have mistakenly implied) and there's a few games outstanding to complete (or you haven't filled in the result on the spreadsheet, which is equally bad as it means we have to use the bricks on you). So keep organising.

@KayD - I'm pretty sure I've seen combat on steam playing some deus ex (of course) so I'll give him a nudge if i spot him again.

LowKey
30-08-2011, 01:35 PM
I too have not had a response from Rylon in the groups, I have also added him on Steam but the request has not been accepted (sad face), I will maintain my vigil and hopefully we will be able to play before Thursday

Screwie
30-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Ta for the validation, ntw.

Any chance you could push our Div3 on to the next day a little early? I might be able to play get my next game in against Vexing Vision on Thursday night.

alh_p
30-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Yo chaps, silly/irksome question perhaps: the deadline being 1st Sept, does this refer (as in my place of work) to the "close of business" (where business = playable BB hours -although not at my workplace of course) on said date, or rather the previous day?

duff
30-08-2011, 02:26 PM
You mean, is it 1st Sept inclusive? :p

alh_p
30-08-2011, 02:47 PM
You mean, is it 1st Sept inclusive? :p

Yeah! and stuff. You put it much more succintly.

ntw
30-08-2011, 03:21 PM
it's "around the 1st Sept", try and get it done early if possible, but if you overrun by a few days then we'd rather be flexible to ensure everyone plays :)

does that help at all? :D

potatoedoughnut
30-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah! and stuff. You put it much more succintly.

Just post an update here if you've arranged to play a game close to the deadline so the admins know not to assign a default.

alh_p
30-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks, hopefully we'll get the game in today and completely avoid the bricks even being taken out of the acid bath.

alh_p
30-08-2011, 06:45 PM
I have no idea why on earth i was so desperate to get that game in. I'm afraid i conceded on the 2nd half...

Perhaps these pictures will explain why:

And then the last one, after 1 beastman decided to get up and face the dwarves.

As I understand it, Mrpier will get all the SPP he earned, plus both MVPs and an extra couple of TDs.

I will get not to lose any players to injury.

I'm a bit disgusted with myself for quiting liek that but I did explain to Mrpier before hand.

Anyhoo, well played mrpier.

I'm...going...to...put my team back together.

mrpier
30-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Oh dear, alh_p experienced the nuffling of a lifetime when my dwarfs took out 8 of his chaos players in the first half, four of them badly injured. I scored once in the first half after grinding his team into the dust. Second half he started with only four players against my eleven dwarfs, it seemed hopeless since I was receiving the ball, and he decided to (understandably) concede the match.

Better luck next time alh_p and thanks for the match.

ChainsawHands
30-08-2011, 07:14 PM
As I understand it, Mrpier will get all the SPP he earned, plus both MVPs and an extra couple of TDs.

I will get not to lose any players to injury.

Match validated. You might want to check on that injury thing, though...

imirk
30-08-2011, 07:24 PM
perhaps he meant more players? regardless it did save him for having to hit end turn 8 times in a row with nothing to do.

HughTower
30-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Ewwsh... that's horrific. Positively elf-like.

And yep, you'll still have to take the hit on your injuries in subsequent matches.

mootpoint
30-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Div E
Mootpoint 1 - 1 Ragecakes

First half went pretty much as you would expect, orcs not being able to pick the kick up halfings falling over and gettin hurt alot by their own throws. Up until about turn 4, when again the orcs are having problems witht the pig bladder, when lo and behold a halfling actually lands!! Queue some nifty stunty dodges and a nice lil pass and, OMG, halfings score.

All true, but I have to add that two fat little buggers managed to one-die block the ball out of the carriers hands, that was surprise number one. Number two was me getting the pass to the other fat fella in the end-zone. If I had had my head wound right my tree was in a good position to stop that annoying greenskin carrying my food as well, but instead I decided to dodge a halfling and fail.

Guess that was the beginning of the bizarro-world that was half 2. Can't really add anything to what you say, except that in addition to the dice-god having a good old time with us, my brain decided to forget about throwing and thus missed two(!) perfectly good opportunities to pass up-field.

Moot = great guy to play very socialble and we had an excellent if strange game :)
Ditto! And the strange games are the best, at least when you play halflings :)

alh_p
30-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Match validated. You might want to check on that injury thing, though...

Thanks, it was a typo. I meant I would get not to lose any more players to injury. Or death, as Mrpier would undoubtedly have gang fouled my last 4 players into oblivion. I have 2 good players out with MNGs but otherwise I consider my losses cut...

Mrpier, how did the ragequit go for you?

imirk
30-08-2011, 08:19 PM
rage quit? prolly more like dispair quit.

mrpier
30-08-2011, 08:29 PM
I think it went well, only one skillup, but he did get two points from making an injury so it seems I got the spp's I should have. My team have for the most part managed to skill up pretty evenly over the whole team, and there wasn't anyone else who was close to getting a skillup.

onestepfromlost
30-08-2011, 09:24 PM
me and kergguz had our game, hes going to write it up properly, finished up 1-0 to me and to be honest i felt bad actually scoring. Most fun match ive had so far though. very back and forth. Spreadsheet should be updated

Jarvis
30-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Jarvis and I finished our game, a 1-1 tie between my necros and his chaos.

Started off with Rain which kept up all game. I recieved and had a decent start gettting the ball caged up in the middle. Jarvis managed to bunch up and surround my players in the middle and eventually got the ball loose. I was able to knock the ball back so that it was behind the chaos line and the chaos were marked up. A wight made the pickup and ran off. 1-0 to the necros on turn 7 (I think?).

Jarvis had two turns to do some punch and managed to make 2 passes despite the rain. Critically he managed to KO my blodge/guard ghoul who didn't recover for the 2nd half.

In the first half the rain had zero effect, no failed pick-ups or catches. However Jarvis had several failed pickups (w/ RR) in the second half. To compensate the necros had an abundance of skulls and failed armour rolls resulting in several more KOs. In the end the beastmen managed to fumble the ball down the field and score on turn 16 as the necros couldn't get an adequate defense up.

I want to blame the tie on bad dice, or watching MLG instead of focusing on BB, but really Jarvis outplayed me and if he hadn't had a team full of loners and skillless chaos it would have most definitely been a loss for me. GG!

I felt overall I played a middleing game, I did have 4 mercs on the field and at least 2 perhaps more of my plays were lost to loner but still I could've prevented that with better positioning.

You suffered about 3 or 4 quite early turnovers in the second half which helped alot in limiting the damage you were able to cause, and I wasn't instantly able to break free since you were positioned quite well.

NieA7
30-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Just played a very tight 1-0 win against Duffin. We both had pretty bad luck but his was worse when it really mattered, I'll do a full write up tomorrow.

duff
30-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Jeremy Clarkson is dead.

ntw
30-08-2011, 11:10 PM
...long live Jeremy Clarkson?

Matches validated, Days rolled on where possible.

duff
30-08-2011, 11:25 PM
...long live Jeremy Clarkson?

Kind of. I'm 10k short of Clarkson Mk.II

He's augmented.

NieA7
30-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Well he would've lived on as a zombie, but Zombie Jeremy Clarkson? It'd only be right if I could block my own team.

imirk
30-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Vampire Jeremy Clarkson?

duff
31-08-2011, 05:32 AM
I prefer augmented Jeremy Clarkson with metal elbow swords and a tank of pheromones strapped to his leg. With blodge and tackle ofcourse.

President Weasel
31-08-2011, 08:52 AM
MadDave and I have our match scheduled for this evening, just in case any admin is casting a beady eye at the bricks.

kergguz
31-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Div 5 – DE Composure 1 Tropical Delight 0
A bashy game of attrition was served up by Onestepfromlost’s Undead team and my rookie Nurgles. I kicked off and Ghoul Michael Jackson retrieved the ball and via a loose cage managed to run the ball towards my end zone.* A blitz from my otherwise fairly useless Beast of Nurgle, Kergguz Sh1t Eater, ended the possession for him, placing the ball in possession of my Pestigor, Mosquit-o. He got no further than the half way line before being unceremoniously dumped on his rear.* A bit of ball ping pong and a lot of bashing ended with the ball in my possession but with no time to carry it further than half way.* Half time, 0-0.
Receiving in the 2nd half, my Pestigor once again took the ball from the kick off and attempted a run up the left flank. A couple of Rotters departed nursing smashed knee’s and broken backs, and I was happy to see the back of Michael Jackson, his Ghoul feeling the wrath of my Beast. Still, he positioned his defence well and an attempted blitz with my ball carrying Pestigor resulted in a knock down and the ball going loose.* What followed is hard to recall exactly, the ball changed hands several times on the next few turns, and we both rolled some extraordinarily bad dice.* I rolled double skulls, rerolled and got double skulls again. Onestepfromlost was only able to roll 1’s on GFI’s. Eventually, on turn 15, Zombie Sergeant Arthur Wilson had found himself 4 or 5 squares from my end zone with the ball loose. He was on the touchline so a blitz from my Chaos Warrior would surely feed him to the fans. Another double skull, then Sarge did the rest, picking up the ball and even rolling a GFI (I think?) to score with a turn to spare.
Onestepfromlost commented that he felt bad scoring in such a manner but all I could picture was him doing a jig in front of his PC, and the odd cartwheel. The final turn just consisted of a few blocks to try and rack up some SPP’s. To be fair to my opponent, we both had bad dice, but he played a very good territorial game.* That meant that my bad dice mattered more because the ball was pretty much always in my half.* Onestepfromlost was a pleasure to play against and I enjoyed my first game.* I do have a problem now though- I head into game 2 with only 9 players on my roster!

kergguz
31-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Not sure how all the *'s appeared in my post above! Perhaps I was subconsiously typing censored expletives!

ntw
31-08-2011, 10:36 AM
<snip>... I do have a problem now though- I head into game 2 with only 9 players on my roster!

Did you realise you get free journeymen (/journeymans?) to make up your team to 11 players? They are basically free, skill-less mercs of your cheapest players.

kergguz
31-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Did you realise you get free journeymen (/journeymans?) to make up your team to 11 players? They are basically free, skill-less mercs of your cheapest players.

Actually no, didn't realise. Well, that isn't so bad then!

President Weasel
31-08-2011, 10:55 AM

With the "loner" skill to eat your rerolls at the very worst moment, too.

Vexing Vision
31-08-2011, 11:28 AM
And counting towards your Team Value at the full prize of a lineman each.

kergguz
31-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Might be worth forgoing the mercs and using my sizeable inducement fund to bring in a star player? Next game will be against a chaos team with a team rating at least 300 higher than mine.

Vexing Vision
31-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Keep in mind that the TV difference you see now is not the TV difference you'll get in game. The mercs will be added automatically, before you can spend your inducements. Rotters are 40k, if my hazy memory does not betray me. So you'll start the game with a TV of 80 (2x40) higher than what you see.

One of the little mysteries.

Zoraster
31-08-2011, 11:49 AM
One of the bugbears. Journeymen are meant to be optional for the exact reason Kerg has mentioned. Having them foisted on you automatically is a right pain for some teams. I know on TT with many races if the TV gap is big enough I'll forgo the JM and pay the extra 30K for a merc lineman if I also have the 50k to add Block to him. That really takes the sting out of Loner and is a far better use of cash that otherwise could only have gone on a single babe.

Arnisarus
31-08-2011, 12:17 PM
play as woodies, your almost never without a loner in your team, its so nice to make them less lonely!

ntw
31-08-2011, 08:53 PM
whoa, what a game!

President Weasel
31-08-2011, 09:30 PM
whoa, what a game!

well that sounds like it was quite the game!

ntw
31-08-2011, 09:44 PM
yup, that's all you're gonna get out of me though :p

until the full MR anyways

Alistair Hutton
31-08-2011, 09:45 PM
well that sounds like it was quite the game!

No, seriously, no-one would believe the game we just had. I don't think we'll bother trying to describe it - you'd just call us liars.

imirk
31-08-2011, 09:46 PM
share the replay?

Alistair Hutton
31-08-2011, 10:06 PM
share the replay?

Uploaded to the Divisions of Death group, Mole5000 - Altdorf Amry XI vs ntw-le Team Pathogenic.

And no, we did not use Hax.

NieA7
31-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Where's this replay? Can't see it on the RPS group page.

Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, NieA7) vs. Bobby's Boys (DElf, Duffin)

I had this season planned out – Vampires first, with hopefully some SPP's from breaking Thralls. Wood Elfs were second, after they'd been pre-chewed by some Dwarfs, then finally the Dwarfs themselves, hopefully after I'd got a few extra skills and maybe another re-roll. Only it's not turned out that way, instead it's Dark Elfs, then Dwarfs, then Vampires. Dark Elfs that haven't yet lost a game at that, coached by a previous champion. Dark Elfs with a TV low enough that something unpleasant was bound to be induced to the game.

The Necros chose to receive hoping to score an early TD and a few casualties. Electing for a simple “punch a hole up the middle of the pitch” approach they lucked out with a DElf failing a dodge early on and got into a position where a simple hand-off (with re-roll) would net a TD. Of course the hand off was fumbled, leading to a delicate brawl near the DElf endzone that somehow involved much werewolf punching but no elf pain. While the DElfs could keep the ball safe they couldn't get it away cleanly. A clever pull-back and break-out set up a passing opportunity for the DElfs but at a crucial moment the dice turned nasty, leading to a fumble that dropped the ball at the feet of several angry Necros. A few quick blocks formed a cage around the werewolf carrying the ball, but a single thunderbolt knocked him out completely and scattered the ball out of the cage. Some precision DElf blocking lead to another KO'd wolf, and the ball was safely carried away deep into Necro territory. A loan Ghoul and zombie managed to get a blitz in but could only push the DElf blitzer back. However, with just 1 turn in the half left it was enough – despite making his dodge the blitzer failed his first GFI, leaving it 0-0 at half time.

Clearly the Bloodwiser Babe supposedly helping the DElfs defected at this point, possibly due to just how damn pretty the Necros are - all three KO'd Necro players made it back on the pitch while the sole sleeping DElf softly slumbered on.

The second half had as much DElf cunning as the first. Receiving the ball they kept it safe, pressed ever deeper into the Necro half and kept out of reach of any angry dead men. The turning point came around turn 13. Some incautious positioning left the blitzer at the front of the DElf cage within frenzy distance of the sidelines. A swift blitz later and the crowd ripped him to pieces, prompting the apothecary to leap into action, remove any remaining limbs and confirm that Jeremy Clarkson was indeed very dead. The DElf runner failed his dodge away on the following turn (2+, with a re-roll) and knocked himself out in the process, leaving not only the ball free for a werewolf to scoop up but another blitzer standing alone in the endzone, from where he was promptly blitzed off the pitch. A desperate two-dice against blitz from a downed DElf blitzer failed to knock over the blodging werewolf, after which the weight of numbers started to tell. The Necros slowly surrounded the remaining DElfs, allowing the werewolf to run across the line unopposed on the final turn of the game – 1-0 to Read in Tooth and Claw.

This was a hugely tactical game and Duffin pretty much outplayed me at every turn. Whenever the I wanted to get somewhere there was a DElf in the way, whenever I wanted to hit something there was no-one within reach. Ultimately it was only the difference in team levels that saved me – a few more skills on the DElfs and it would've been a very different story.

President Weasel
01-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Red Skull Reavers (President Weasel's Chaos Mans) versus Fly Soup (MadDave's Nurgle Mans)

Here are the high points.

I got 220 in inducements, due to having the newer team (with precisely one skillup).
I bought a mercenary minotaur. It went down badly hurt in turn 2.
Dave tried to break my lines for a few turns, couldn't get a whole cage through, and ended up sending a lone brave pestigor on a brave lone run into my half with the ball. He was brought down by my safety chaos man before you could say "bit optimistic, wasn't it?"
The ball bounced into my hands (the safety beastman happened to be my one and only level 2 player, "slippery" Jim DiGriz with his safe hands skill actually helping for once) and I attempted to tie up all his players with mine while the star beastman made a brave/foolishly optimistic lone run into Dave's half.
Sadly an inconvenient push/push result not only didn't bring down the pestigor who was in blitzing range, it also politely moved him a square closer so he didn't even need a GFI. Dave cleared the marker and brought down my runner before you could say "why did you think it would work for you when it just spectacularly failed for Dave?"

In the second half Dave stalled my cage for a couple of turns, I squeezed a half cage through the right side and got my runner to within 2 GFI's, Dave tied up the half cage and got a couple of safeties back, and I was forced to make the two GFIs in order to score. I had to reroll the first, so the second was quite nervewracking, but star player Jim DiGriz, fresh from his touchdown-preventing in the first half, managed not to fall over and scored.

After that there was another 4 turns or so of scuffling, leading to Dave making another of those solo runs, this time attempting to tie up my players with markers first. I don't think he saw the beastman I had on my far left though, who was within one go for it of his ball carrier. Surprisingly, (considering I'd used my last reroll turning both down/push on his ball carrier the previous turn into push/push) I managed to block the beastman's marker off him, make the go for it, and get POW/POW to knock him down.

Dave's attempt to rescue the situation ran into a skull/both down on his first dice roll, and to add insult to injury it was for his only Nurgle Warrior who didn't have block. I then got 4 chaos mans round the ball and ran out the clock - Dave's brave attempt to score (it only needed 6+ 6+ 5+ two go for its) in the last turn was unsuccessful.

Good game, and despite having several turns when I couldn't buy a POW for love nor money, and losing my minotaur in turn 2, I'd have to say the dice were probably on my side more than Dave's.

1-0 to the Reavers.

Speaking of which, I can afford a minotaur now. I was thinking of calling him "The Stampede" but now I am thinking maybe "Roy of the Reavers" instead. What do you think?

SirVivor
01-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Due to a comedy of errors, Xercies and I will be playing a little late.

LowKey
01-09-2011, 08:16 AM
still havent heard from Rylon, I'll hang around steam this evening in the hopes of a game, otherwise I guess we will have to default :(

Screwie
01-09-2011, 09:23 AM
"Roy of the Reavers"

This! Definitely this.

groovychainsaw
01-09-2011, 10:21 AM
I shall now recount the tale of The 4 colour villains' inaugural game in division 2 vs Karandraz' angry lizards of 'Aggressive negotiation'...

I knew going into the game that this would be tough, playing a lizard team that had been in the divisions since day 1, mostly level 3 players, all saurii with block at least. My team still has a fair number of lv1 players, along with a number of level 2 (at least my ogre is lvl3?). The only upside? Only 4 skinks (6 saurii and a krox, naturally). And purchasing another would give me enough for Zara...

But Karandraz wasn't going to fall for that one, leaving me with 260k in inducements (Zara is 270k). As usual, I think I probably squandered my inducements slightly, picking up another reroll, a bribe and a bloodweiser babe. I had visions of stamping on lizards, hence the bribe, but that turns out to have been a foolish idea.

So, I win the toss, and opt to receive, hoping to break some skinks early on and leave Karandraz with no ball handlers (as it were). The ball goes off-field, and goes to my thrower, who retreats slightly deeper into my half to get away from the saurii and a few players create a loose cage back there. I immediately blitz up the wing with my mighty blow blitzer to take out the catch sure feet sprint skink, but a push push starts me up for a long evening... A couple of hits on the line and then a bonehead failure on the line ends my turn. Karandraz bashes back, not causing too many problems and keeping his lizards tied up. His Saurus he held back (for fear of catchers?) came up as well. 2 enter my half, with the skinks rapidly approaching. I have to cross that line, and no spaces are becoming evident.

My turn, I start getting bold early on (my downfall? Maybe.). I dash around the skinks and saurii on my left, creating a weak cage out there, bashing down the skink (who proves resilient) and locking up the lizards. There is no easy way to get to my ball carrier, unless a lone skink wants to dodge through for 2 dice against. More bashing occurs, but I'm focussing on keeping my guys upright to stop the big lizards from getting across.

More bashing from Karandraz, and a couple of 2 turn stuns go in. My line is weakening and a skink gets onto my ball carrier. A blitz frees up a lizard to get on my ball carrier. So, one saurus, one skink on my ball carrier with no-one else in contact. All I have to do is dodge my ogre into there (break tackle, so a 2+)... I get a 1. Reroll, (no loner, at least!) 1. Bugger. I hadn't moved anyone, as I was hoping to pass the ball out of there and needed my other players. Naturally, the ball carrier is knocked down, the ball picked up by a skink, dodged downfield, handed off to another who GFI's to score, turn 4. Bloody double 1's.

So, me to receive again. Karandraz kicks off the pitch (I'm not quite sure what he was trying to achieve, but needs a kicker i think!!), and the ball goes to my thrower again. Once again, the loose cage, some bashing in the middle. A bit more luck and the saurus' start to go down. A hand off to a catcher leaves me out on the right, where a failed GFI from a skink gives me an opportunity. I lock up Karandraz' lizards in my half, punch a hole right through the middle and pour 5 players through, caging into his half, 9 squares from the line, with a catcher on the ball. My ogre is right in there to guard, and all the lizards are marked. Kar gets more hits in, leaving me with less players (2 turn stuns, mostly, although one had been KO'd by now) and one saurus on the ball. Next to my ogre though...

My turn 8, my ogre goes for the one hit I need to free up my catcher to run it in (with a GFI). Double skulls, out of rerolls. End turn. Bugger. More hits from Kar and my humans prove strangely evasive all of a sudden, but the half is lost. 1-0 to aggressive negotiation.

Second half, I'm kicking off to Karandraz. I keep men back off the line, get bashed (not too badly) but hold. The ball approaches in the hands of a skink. I push up, determined to knock the ball down, and with some positioning, get my mighty blow blitzer to make the hit, with a reroll burnt to ensure he goes down. I can't get anyone to the ball though, so the following turn its gets scooped up, handed off and begins a dash down my right. My best chance of a hit, now that I'm upfield? My ogre, who breaks tackle away, needs one go for it (gets it on the reroll), the gets push trip push on the three dice. Bugger. I manage to get 2 more players to dodge back to the skink, but its to little avail, as one gets pushed away, leaving 2 easy dodges for the skink to score. 2-0 to Aggressive negotiation, turn 11.

At this point, I'm down 2 KO's and one badly hurt. I've just got enough subs to fill in as one KO comes back (thankyou bloodweiser babes?). I'm 2-0 down with only 5 turns left. I goforit... I put 2 catchers right up on the line, where there's a gap on the edge, and throw blitzers close to support. I leave my left weak. The ball goes out once more, and a riot gives me an extra turn, which might help. I hand it to my catcher with sidestep and sprint 10 squares into Kar's half, knowing the skinks will probably get him, but desperate for a quick score. I rush the saurii to hold them off and try to get in to support my catcher, but he's on his own. Kar gets 3 skinks on him, but only gets a push/trip result, and I sidestep closer to the line, fairly well trapped, but with a chance. More hits go in, and another lineman goes down badly hurt. My turn, I free a blitzer to charge a skink, reroll to get the knockdown then dodge away with my catcher to run out of the bottom of the cage, all the way round and GFI to score. 2-1, turn 12.

Kicking off to Karandraz again, it goes again, I get hit on the line, Karandraz gets the ball and runs into a cage on my right. It's open enough for me to get a blitzer in so I make the hit and the ball scatters back into Kar's half. I run all 3 of my catchers into the half to pressure the ball, but none could get near (that lizard line continued to form a fine wall!). My other players tie up the lizards once more. Naturally, a skink makes the pick and charges into my half. I can only get one or two players close, but not tight. One blitzer can do it if he makes a dodge... no. He goes down, badly hurt and the skink makes the GFI to score. 3-1 Karandraz, turn 14.

Receiving once more, Karandraz kicks it out AGAIN :-). So I do the same, run my catcher in, this time with support and lock up the saurii. This time, Karandraz fails a GFI to get to my ball carrier leaving me an easy run-in, turn 15. One more turn of bashing, during which my ogre gets badly hurt and the game's over, 3-2 to Karandraz.

In summary then, a good game, marred by 2 sets of bad dice for me in the first half and then fought back to contention in the second. In hindsight, I should have been more disciplined in keeping a safety back for the skinks, but I'd have been even more overrun with saurii in that case. It was a difficult decision (and one common to all people fighting lizards). It turns out running my catchers into the backfield was the way to go, something that was harder to do in the first half (as Kar was holding saurii back) but very successful in the second (the lack of tackle helps my catchers no end, and I probably should have realised that sooner). In the end though, the massive amounts of block (even on the Krox!) and huge strength advantage paid off for Karandraz, rarely were his lizards on the ground, and often my guys were taking one or two turns lying down, leaving me short on players even when they hadn't gone off the pitch. Which in turn makes it so difficult to cover the runs from the skinks. I REALLY should have bought another reroll, I burnt my 4 rolls in no time, whilst Karandraz used about 3 or 4 all game, he never had that many issues with the dice, which was to be expected, with 2 dice blocks and lots of block. I did keep wishing for his skinks to fail one pickup or handoff, but they proved very strong today, given their lack of ball-handling skills.

A fair number of SPPs but no further levels for my team. My other lineman with block is back, so at least I can try to block my way through my next match against Jarvis' battered Chaos team (I should have 6 blockers on the pitch now). He'll have inducements for sure against me, about 250k in a reversal of last night's match. It remains to see whether I can use my surfeit of block as effectively as Karandraz did last night. A cracking game though, marred (for me!) by my double 1's breaking up my moves in the first half and then tense until the last due to my crazy chasing of the score throughout the second half. Thanks again Karandraz!

kergguz
01-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Could someone explain how I view or download replays from the Divisions of Death group page? ntw and Alistair Hutton apparently had a game of which they have uploaded the replay, but I can't see it anywhere.

ntw
01-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Could someone explain how I view or download replays from the Divisions of Death group page? ntw and Alistair Hutton apparently had a game of which they have uploaded the replay, but I can't see it anywhere.

good question.

I'm guessing it's a BB Manager thing - can someone confirm and write up a set of instructions or something?

/edit - looks like you can install BBM from here -> http://94.23.239.117/BloodBowlManager.ClickOnce/publish.htm

Screwie
01-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Er, ditto. I can't see the replay file at all. Are we talking about the forum's DoD group or some other, secret group?

groovychainsaw
01-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Errrm - its not official or anything (hence the lack of instructions/guidance from us) but there IS a 'divisions of death' group in BBLigue/ Blood bowl manager (french program ntw links to above). Its a bit clunky, but it lets you upload replays to look at your dice stats etc. And others (i think?) can check out your replay, or look at the log file from there. Search for blood bowl manager on google or some such thing and you should find more details there - its a bit clunky to write up full instructions for, but it is quite interesting to see if your 1's you were rolling 'all game' were actually true or not :-).

/PS - I am not an expert, and have never downloaded a replay or anything. Please don't ask me questions, i will not have the answers, and will crack under torture.

Screwie
01-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Oh! I didn't know BBManager could do that. I feel an idiot now :)

groovychainsaw
01-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Also, end of week 1 tonight chaps, I've moved on most of the divisions and I'll hop on to do more later. There's 4 games outstanding, and (i think) 2 are set for tonight. Which is fine. I've nudged Combat, KayD, so hopefully you'll be able to meet up tonight or tomorrow. Rylon, where are you! You're about to get a loss if you don't say hello. I'm on steam if you're having trouble with the groups or some such thing!! :-)

Everyone else, get going, you're in week 2 now!

MadDave123
01-09-2011, 10:14 PM
President Weasel, you killed my first rotter! T_T
Not only that but you Apoc'd a death into badly hurt, thus denying me a free rotter as recompense. Bah and humbug!

Had a great game though. Many thankings. :)

Screwie
01-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Just a quick write-up:

Seaside Sirens (Vexing Vision) vs Bloody Gobbos (Me)

A bit of a sloppy game on my side, but VV played very well. The girls had lots of players with Block which was basically a brick wall to most of my team. I had a chance late in each half, but couldn't sustain the offence. By the middle of the second half so many of my players were injured or KOed that I was hugely outnumbered, while I could barely get an amazon off her feet they had no trouble doing the same right back. A few things of note happened:

My chainsaw looney Gettim got injured. Twice.
My bomber Fetch scored an injury from one of his special passes, it was wonderful. He also earned my MVP :)
My fanatic Iggy Spikez lost a point of ST, so he's gone :(

The final score was 2-0 to the Sirens. Good game and it's always enjoyable to play against VV. My greenskins still have a long way to go.

KayD
01-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Right he's on the groups now thanks :) Trying to arrange a game for Sunday. Is that still alright?

Thanks!

HughTower
02-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Errrm - its not official or anything (hence the lack of instructions/guidance from us) but there IS a 'divisions of death' group in BBLigue/ Blood bowl manager (french program ntw links to above). Its a bit clunky, but it lets you upload replays to look at your dice stats etc. And others (i think?) can check out your replay, or look at the log file from there. Search for blood bowl manager on google or some such thing and you should find more details there - its a bit clunky to write up full instructions for, but it is quite interesting to see if your 1's you were rolling 'all game' were actually true or not :-).

/PS - I am not an expert, and have never downloaded a replay or anything. Please don't ask me questions, i will not have the answers, and will crack under torture.

Simply...

1. Install BBM
2. Click Matches tab on the third toolbar
3. Click All Leagues dropdown on the fourth toolbar
4. Scroll to find RPS Divisions of Death (or type R) and click
5. In the main white box, click the dropdown arrow by Leagues: RPS Div... etc
6. Select the match you wish to replay and click the Replay button on the second toolbar
7. You'll receive a note saying a file has been saved in your Replay folder
8. Open BBLE; go to Singleplayer, Load, Replays and find the match

As I said. Simple-s.

If you're a French idiot.

karandraz
02-09-2011, 01:42 AM
Thanks again for the great game groovy :) don't think ive had a match where our respective big guys have been moving about so much!

Cyborg
02-09-2011, 03:02 AM
Nobody in my group is active anymore...

Zoraster
02-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Cyborg; that would be because you are not in the league anymore. You went AWOL when Groovy was getting people into their season 12 divisions so it was assumed you were dropping out. If you want to return for season 13 you'll have to go and change the Z on the spreadsheet and make sure you are ready to apply to your new division shortly after the season ends on the 21st.

Vexing Vision
02-09-2011, 08:49 AM
My bomber Fetch scored an injury from one of his special passes, it was wonderful. He also earned my MVP :)

Fully deserved. That were some mean throws, with two stuns and one Injury. He also, briefly, ended up carrying the ball due to some bouncing. Which, being surrounded by angry chicks, was not a necessarily good idea.

My fanatic Iggy Spikez lost a point of ST, so he's gone :(

And it took a lot of girls to bring him down. :)

Cheers for Screwie for keeping good humour in a rather one-sided game. As a consolation, m MVP went to the Merc. Who I'd have hired on board if it wasn't for her having a -1 to Armor Injury, thanks to Fetch.

ntw
02-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Simply...

1. Install BBM
2. Click Matches tab on the third toolbar
3. Click All Leagues dropdown on the fourth toolbar
4. Scroll to find RPS Divisions of Death (or type R) and click
5. In the main white box, click the dropdown arrow by Leagues: RPS Div... etc
6. Select the match you wish to replay and click the Replay button on the second toolbar
7. You'll receive a note saying a file has been saved in your Replay folder
8. Open BBLE; go to Singleplayer, Load, Replays and find the match

As I said. Simple-s.

If you're a French idiot.

Ripped and stuck into the master spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0VreXc&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=35), please feel free to add more instructions if you decide to take pity on us ;)

kergguz
02-09-2011, 01:55 PM
If you haven't tried it, this BB Manager thing is very interesting. I uploaded my match with Onestepfromlost and these are the sort of stats it can churn out...

Onestepfromlost made 68% of GFI rolls, about 18% less than he could expect on average.
He also only made 64% of Foul appearance rolls, that's 23% less than average.
Only 56% of my blocks were 'successful', compared to 83% by Onestepfromlost ('successful' defined as opponent gets knocked down and attacker doesn't).

It sort of confirms the feeling I had during the game really- my blocking was poo, and Onestep rolled a lot of 1's. So really I don't suppose it's especially useful, just... well, interesting.

President Weasel
02-09-2011, 07:40 PM
weeks over, Rylon's nowhere to be seen. Can you validate the me vs Dave match and give Lowkey an administrative victory please?

ntw
02-09-2011, 07:48 PM
weeks over, Rylon's nowhere to be seen. Can you validate the me vs Dave match and give Lowkey an administrative victory please?

done, day rolled on.

/edit - also flagged Rylon with a <1> to show he's missed a game

/edit2 - Combat vs KayD is scheduled for Sunday, Mombiusbiachi vs DarkFenix are scheduled for saturday, Xercies and SirVivor have also been given till the end of Sunday to play or face a 0-0 draw

President Weasel
02-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Fanks! I'ma buy me a minotaur now!

DarkFenix
03-09-2011, 03:27 PM
You posted organising your S11 matches in the now-defunct division 8. You need to pay attention between seasons and if you're not sure what's happening say something here.

duff
03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Welcome all!

This is the main thread for the unofficial RPS blood bowl league 'The Divisions of Death'. All are welcome who enjoy the fine wine of violence and the meat of...violence. We are a group of like-minded RPS-ites who enjoy playing Cyanide's PC game 'Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition' in a league format together.

We are always looking for new recruits, so please post in here and say hi if you would like to join us, we don't bite (often). We run 30 day 'seasons' with 3 games each, 10 day windows to play each game, so each 30 days we can take on new players. Once you've posted in here, add your details to our organising sheet,

HERE (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=t4JCm2oCug-E2W2lQECEkyw&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=24)

And in the 'season info' tab, at the bottom of the list of players, add your coach name (from the forum), ideally your steam ID, definitely your blood bowl online ID and your timezone along with when you are usually available. By chatting to us in the forum here we'll figure out what teams are available to you and where you'll fit in. The 'race balance' tab shows the currently available race slots. The rules we use to manage the league are also in the sheet above under the 'rules and stuff' tab so have a look there if you want to know more about league structure and general management of the divisions. If it all looks too scary, just ask in here and one of our many wizened sages will be able to help.

I also strongly recommend you 'track' the thread if you're keen on joining, either via RSS or other methods so if you join up but we don't start the next season for 3 weeks, you'll get a nudge when we're about to start (and enjoy the many many pages of fine, high quality match reports and blood bowl theorizing, right chaps?).

As for organising matches, do that:
HERE (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?44-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Divisions-of-Death-Match-Organising)
Just to avoid this thread being even more overstuffed. Use the other thread ONLY FOR ORGANISING MATCHES, all other discussion, questions and the like go here.

That's it for now, just post in here to join in. See you on the field! (with my boot on your head).

You had no idea the season was 3 games long? All of this information is in the first post of the the thread.

laneford
03-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Also, only 4 teams in a league = 3 games.

(I guess, could be six. but that would be silly)

Cyborg, the advantage of short seasons is you can just rejoin at the next break.

Gorm
03-09-2011, 04:35 PM
I for one think the organisers should be questioned by a group of MP's.

NieA7
03-09-2011, 04:40 PM
While the rest of us wait in the wings with plates of shaving foam.

(just lost 2-1 to Cacamas BTW. It hurt)

LowKey
03-09-2011, 05:00 PM
What are we even paying you for?!?

duff
03-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Uhm.. burn them?

Actually no I stand by the MP's idea. I want to see groovychainsaw quizzed on the nature of the halfling master chef by Eric Pickles.

President Weasel
03-09-2011, 05:19 PM
It's a shame you didn't get into the league this season, but you do need to pay attention when the leagues are getting sorted out for the new season.

potatoedoughnut
03-09-2011, 06:25 PM
I think we should all just chill a little. I don't think what Zoraster was an attack, he was just trying to explain what happened (and he's not an admin). I may be been able to be a bit more diplomatic, but no need to get offended.

Also, all the procedures and such were stated in the first post of the thread, and in the spreadsheet. The only change in how things went was moving from the big match organizing thread to the division threads. No one said to stop checking the main DoD thread (this one), so it's the same as it's always been - 1 thread for organizing, 1 thread for general communication (just less people/extra chaff in the organizing threads).

There are also ~50 people and about a dozen different divisions in the DoD. The admins do this because they're wonderful people (mostly), it's not like they get some benefit for doing this (other than BB matches with good people).

I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding, but there was nothing untoward here. If you would like to volunteer to help manage all the different division threads I doubt the admins would turn the help down.

President Weasel
03-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Ok, all done chaps, check out the spreadsheet to see where you should be ending up for the next season. Once again, a few people dropping out throughout has led to some double/triple promotions, so go and see where you are! Let me know if you're up against too many of the same people from the last season, I've tried to fix it so you don't play more than 1 person the same.If it all looks fine to you, get your application in to your division in the game. We'll accept them from the top division down, as usual, in case of any late drop-outs. PLEASE let us know by changing the sheet to Z if you're not going to be playing next season and you haven't already, helps us get organised immensely!!

Only one decision I made, Soulpride, you missed all 3 games this season, so I put you down as 'Z' for now, have a word if you would like to be reinstated. Others, if you default too many games with no reason this could happen to you, so try to let us know if you're going to miss a game for any reason :-).

That was 14th August

We're nearly there, currently missing 11/56! Pretty good for wednesday. It look like we're expecting cwoac and maddave by friday, nullkigan slightly later, so the other 8 missing, presumed undead are:

Sinister Agent
Unitled
Mombius Hibachi
Rakysh
Copper8642
Meatloaf
Cyborg
Maehay

So hurry yourselves up chaps, we're keen to get going! I'm particularly worried about those who missed their last match and have been AWOL for a while (Meatloaf, Rakysh) so if anyone spots them online, give them a friendly poke?

That was page 49, 17th August.

Right, season should be starting, but we're on hold due to the last few hold-outs, who have until tonight to apply, before I reorg the divisions to get everyone playing.

Still missing:

Unitled
Rakysh (looks likely to have dropped out form the above posts)
Copper8642
Meatloaf
Cyborg
Sinister Agent
Maehey

The above will be marked as 'Z' on the sheet tomorrow morning, and will miss the coming season.

Sinister is probably the most disruptive, as without him, I'm going to have to do some clever shuffling from below to get someone in place. This means that EVERYONE will need to be ready to move at short notice if possible (I obviously won't be moving everyone, but if someone isn't available, I may need to move someone else). The bottom divisions are going to get pushed up, and probably we'll need a 'filler' team if none of the above apply...

That was the 20th.

That's a full week of Groovy posting, trying to get everyone into their groups, naming you specifically at least twice.
Again, I'm sorry you didn't get into the league this year, but throwing your toys out of the pram and blaming the admins is a bit much. Groovy doesn't get paid for this stuff, you know.

It's only a couple of weeks to the end of the season; if you want to sign up for the next one I am sure you will be welcomed back with open arms. Just remember it's important to check the thread when the season is ending and the new one is beginning.

President Weasel
03-09-2011, 07:04 PM
and yet nobody posted or closed the division. why? I'm more than willing to drop it, but I think it's putting your head in the sand to ignore the fact that you basically abandoned the group that you put me in.

It was just a misunderstanding of how the league's organised. I understand how you could have been confused, but the spreadsheet is where the league is organised. You need to check this thread at new season time, check the spreadsheet to find which league you're in, then post in that league's group to organise your matches.
The admins don't shut groups or move people in and out of them; ntw created a bunch of new S12 groups for the current season, and I assume that's what will happen for season 13 too.

duff
03-09-2011, 07:08 PM
and yet nobody posted or closed the division. why? I'm more than willing to drop it, but I think it's putting your head in the sand to ignore the fact that you basically abandoned the group that you put me in. Before a season starts there is often a lot of reshuffling - some people leave, some just don't turn up and others have connection issues - which creates unfilled spaces in the leagues above. This means that, especially for those leagues lower down, players are often asked to reapply to a different league in the short period between seasons (which if you'd have read the first post of the thread you would have realised are only 3 games long). Thats why we ask that all players, and especially new ones in the lower leagues, check this thread in the offseason to make sure they are in the right place. The admins tried to communicate with you several times in this thread and most likely sent you PM's aswell. You weren't abandoned but simply there was a break down in communication. Its always best to check this thread especially in the offseason so you know where you are meant to apply.

Jolima
03-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Setting aside any blame laying: If one person didn't get this message chances are it will happen to someone else. So what can be done about it for the future?

Adding a note to the first post in each of those organising threads that you still need to monitor the main thread?
Steam announcements?
A separate thread in the group for admin communications?

We don't want to add too much admin workload, buf if we think they will help maybe we can do one of those cheaply. (At least the first one should be free of effort for future seasons.)

(I'm curious though, who did you think you were playing next? The same opponent you played first again?)

duff
03-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Adding a note to the first post in each of those organising threads that you still need to monitor the main thread?

I think that would be a good idea.

Kelron
03-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Got 2-1 ground-into-the-dirt by Jim.

Now hiring:

- Assassin
- ST4 Lineman
- Level 3 Blitzer

Jiiiiim
04-09-2011, 12:07 AM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9835/magnates.png

DarkFenix
04-09-2011, 12:11 AM
I am a horrible person. My Chaos ground Mombius' Khemri into the turf and I enjoyed every moment of it. The dice finally smiling down on my team saw me beat them 2-0 in a game so terrible for Mombius it's a wonder he stuck it out.

I elected to receive first kick (figuring on trying to make enough of his players not-upright to enable my battered-yet-uninjured Chaos to survive another match) and began with an ill-omen. I called it, my bloody incompetent sure hands beastman fumbled the ball. The incompetent beastman who is yet to succeed a first time pickup roll, oh how I hate him, he'd be on the sacrificial altar if SPP weren't so bloody hard to come by.

Still, things swiftly started going nicely, in spite of burning through rerolls trying to do just about anything, I started consistently rolling well (that is to say I got precisely one bad roll per turn) and a couple of turns in sent a TG crowd surfing for the most brutal injury I've seen on such a player, the poor bastard rolled a double -1MA. Decay, gotta love it. Also, a skeleton went off unconscious.

Anyway, my cage slowly but surely advanced up the pitch, managing to steer clear of those TG's on all but one occasion, which a successful hand-off rescued me from. I intended to hang on until my last turn, as until this point I had very successfully been keeping Mombius' players spread out and on the floor. Horrifically bad rolls for Mombius had facilitated this no end, I lost count of the number of block-dice turnovers he experienced during the match. But I digress, in about turn 6 a series of decent dice rolls for Mombius saw a little too many of his players start congregating around mine and a few too many of my players having a lie down than I'm comfortable with. So I scored a bit early, but no big deal.

Second drive, and I'm basically sure the Khemri can't score in 3 turns, not if I put up any kind of decent resistance. Sure enough, I stick out the half, neither side suffering any more injuries.

Second half and the Khemri are looking battered but not in an unsalvagable situation (skeleton wakes up now incidentally, putting him back up to 11 players). Nuffle had other ideas apparently, a few turns in the player spread left itself such that one of my rearward beastmen was able to blitz the ball free of his throw-ra. Good bloody luck picking the ball up in a scrum as Khemri. Nuffle twisted the knife next turn and caused a TG to fluff an easy block on a chaos warrior, leaving the ball completely open for my players to surround and pick up.

I'm not sure what can be worse than twisting the knife, but Nuffle did that to Mombius on my next turn too. In getting the throw-ra away from the ball carrier my chaos warrior broke its neck for -1AG. Career-ender number 2. At this point I have a typical 5 man cage and I've managed to hand-off to an SPP-less chaos warrior, the cage advances up the pitch with only a single level 2 skeleton in their path.

This time I have a solid force up the field with the ball so I'm quite happy to stick around until turn 16 to score. What could a mere lone skeleton possibly do? Well, successfully blitz the corner off the cage (badly injuring my beastman) then floor a chaos warrior who tries to remove him, that's what. My minotaur is quite happily using his horns bonus to repeatedly knock down TG's all the while and when one TG attempts to clear a beastman away another disastrous block sees it injured, mercifully regenerating from the -1MA it would have taken.

So Nuffle has offered that lone skeleton a glimmer of hope up near my broken cage, sadly the suicide block fails to pan out, giving me a pushed result which the skeleton inadvisably follows through from. Turn 16, gotta score now or never, I block the skeleton away with one of my cage beastmen. Wham! Dead skeleton. Er, deader skeleton. Apart from having a go at getting my mino up to have another swipe at a skeleton I don't bother taking any more risks and score the match-ending touchdown.

Thanks for the game Mombius, as I said you were a great sport sticking it out to the end, I know how those games go and it's really tempting to just throw in the towel rather than watch your team get splattered. I wish you better luck in your other games this season and in future (except games against me of course).

President Weasel
04-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Jim is officially The Best.

Jiiiiim
04-09-2011, 12:27 AM
I shall always treasure this award.

I winced reading that report Fenix. You Monster.

DarkFenix
04-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Hell even I winced as I looked up what those injuries did. Having one player written off permanently in a whole season is bad enough, losing three players in a single game is the stuff of nightmares.

It's also scary because it means I'm due some fairly epic karmic retribution from Nuffle and both my other games are against bashy teams (Nurgle up next, followed by undead).

kergguz
04-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Great. I took enough of a beating game 1, next I get to play DarkFenix's playground bullies. Sad face!

Kelron
04-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Yes, keeping track of what's going on in a huge thread can be difficult, but the information on the season structure is right there in the first post, along with the spreadsheet that is our main place for organisation. Also remember we have to work around the limitations of the in game league system, as administering a league outside of that would be a lot more effort.

3 match seasons lets new signups join regularly without having to wait months and ensures the teams get mixed up a bit and don't face the same opponents over and over.

onestepfromlost
04-09-2011, 05:51 PM
EDIT: end of patience abuse deleted on afterthought

duff
04-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Cyborg - we have the leagues organised like this so that drop outs don't cause major disruption and so that there is a quick turnover of seasons to allow new people to join as frequently as possible (and so people can swap a broken team etc). I'm not sure the precise numbers but a fair proportion of new players drop out fairly soon. If we had 16 week seasons that would leave some people having several empy weeks where they don't play anyone. The RPS Open has a longer format with currently 11 game seasons so you may want to try that one instead. Ofcourse with the advantage of the short seasons here it means you can get your team back in pretty soon (around 20 days), though you will need to check this thread to reapply and make sure you know which league your in.

NieA7
04-09-2011, 06:33 PM
The front page post does need to be updated with how matches are organised now the old thread isn't used any more and everything's done in the group thing. Before we start thinking about changing everything does this make the current system any clearer?

RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Welcome all!

This is the main thread for the unofficial RPS blood bowl league 'The Divisions of Death'. All are welcome who enjoy the fine wine of violence and the meat of... violence. We are a group of like-minded RPS-ites who enjoy playing Cyanide's PC game 'Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition' in a league format together.

We are always looking for new recruits, so please post in here and say hi if you would like to join us, we don't bite (often). I strongly recommend you 'track' the thread if you're keen on joining, either via RSS or other methods.

The rules we use to manage the league, along with the tables, teams and suchlike, are kept in the very important:

LEAGUE SPREADSHEET (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=t4JCm2oCug-E2W2lQECEkyw&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=24)

Here's how the league works:

The league is split into divisions of 4 teams each
There are as many divisions in the league as we have teams to fill them (one team per coach)
Each team plays every other team in its division once during a season, for a total of 3 matches per team per season
Each season lasts 30 days (that's 10 days for each match)
There's usually a 10ish day gap between seasons to give us time to organise the next one

That means we can take on new players with rookie teams every 30 days - once you've posted in here, add your details to the league spreadsheet (link above). On the 'season info' tab, at the bottom of the list of players, add your coach name (from the forum), ideally your steam ID, definitely your blood bowl online ID and your timezone along with when you are usually available. By chatting to us in the forum here we'll figure out what teams are available to you and where you'll fit in. The 'race balance' tab shows the currently available race slots.

If it all looks too scary, just ask in here and one of our many wizened sages will be able to help. Don't forget to keep an eye on this thread so if you join up mid-season you'll get a nudge when we're about to start a new one (and enjoy the many many pages of fine, high quality match reports and blood bowl theorizing, right chaps?)

As for organising matches, do that in:

THE RPS DIVISIONS OF DEATH GROUP (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4)

When you're accepted for the league apply to join the group. Each division has its own organising thread, all of which are started again each season.

That's it for now, just post in here to join in (and remember to keep checking this thread, especially during the inter-season break when you'll need to make sure you apply for the right division in game). See you on the field! (with my boot on your head).

DarkFenix
04-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Quite frankly it's extremely clear to anyone who actually bothers to read the (easily) available information already. If someone is too lazy to stay even remotely in the loop, that's basically tough luck. We're all adults here, we shouldn't need to hold people's hands.

KayD
04-09-2011, 08:30 PM
1-1 Between me and Combat. Very close game, lots of fun. He killed 2 of my players including level 3 Gutter. How rude!

Alistair Hutton
04-09-2011, 09:35 PM
If only I was facing you next rather than Combat's finely honed killing machines.

Kelron
04-09-2011, 11:28 PM
You sound like quite the "adult."

The reason that three-game seasons are not as fun is because you can barely level up and do anything with your team. You could still allow new teams to join by keeping a Swiss system. Having giant threads might seem like a great idea, and it might seem even better to open up several new ones and just leave them hanging. I'm just saying, I could do it better, and so could you if you would bother to improve upon a few of your management shortcomings.

We keep our teams between seasons (if we want to). If people are getting pissy with you it's because we've tried to clarify things for you and you're just coming back telling us we need to restructure our long-running league to fit your preferences.

NieA7
04-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, NieA7) vs. Cheese Dip Chompers (Dwarf, Cacamas)

I was going to complain but after reading about all the casualties over the last few days I think I'll count my blessings instead. -2MA on a Tomb Guardian? Nasty.

With TV more or less even there were no inducements to worry about so it was straight into the maiming. I chose to receive and tried to get a quick touchdown pushing up the edge of the pitch. This was going fairly well, albeit with lots of dwarven pressure and a zombie getting badly hurt (fortunately regenerated), until I tried to hand off to a werewolf without a re-roll. This failed of course, which stalled my push up the pitch for a turn allowing every dwarf in creation to come join in. The pressure started to tell and a string of terrible block results left me with the ball but very little else. A ghoul got his ribs broken, forcing him to sit out the rest of this game and the next one, and one of the Wights was KO'd. Eventually turn 5 started with only three Necros standing. I'd pretty much lost any semblance of tactics by this point and went for a series of massively unlikely dodges, which of course failed on the first attempt. The ball handily scattered onto a nearby dwarf blitzer who successfully made the catch, then spent the remaining 3 turns of the half jogging down the pitch as fast as his stumpy little legs would take him.

These were dark times for the Necros. I missed an obvious chance on the ball carrier, pretty much every block lead to an attacker down, every dodge failed and, for the last two turns at least, every one of my players started their turn lying down (leading to lots of comments about “letting sleeping dogs lie”). It was something of a relief when the blitzer ran it in on the last turn to bring it all to an end, at least for the time being.

Of course, for the second half I'd be kicking off to the dwarves so it didn't get much better. The Wight managed to wake up at least, and there's always a spare zombie or two hanging about to plug any other gaps. I managed to put some pressure on the dwarfs early on, but some canny movement and marking saw the runner make it nearly all the way down the pitch. Fortunately by then the dwarves had got fairly scattered, allowing some of my faster players to catch up with the cage (though a wolf trying to dodge away – after successfully badly hurting a blocker for my first casualty of the match - managed to KO himself in the process). The turn after the first dwarf turnover of the match (skull/skull on a blocker vs. zombie block) a zombie killed a blocker (apo'd to badly hurt), freeing up the other wolf to blitz into the cage. The dwarf turn 15 started with a Flesh Golem, Werewolf and Ghoul surrounding a blocker, blitzer and runner just 5 squares from my endzone but it wasn't enough – a few careful blocks and a re-rolled blitz on the Ghoul and the match was sewn up for the dwarves.

With three turns still to play I managed to pull a TD back with a turn still to spare, thanks largely to a touchback that got the ball to the wolf on the line, but it was pretty cold comfort. I'd gone in without much of a plan and been sorely punished by some good positioning and brutal blocking. The match stats sum it up – according to BBManager I got 2 armour breaks in 34 blocks while Cacamas got 15 in 66 (I only rolled 6 POWs in blocks all game). The dice were pretty grim and some careful play by Cacamas ensured I wasn't going anywhere: 2-1 is frankly a bit flattering to me. Brutal stuff then but at least there's no long term damage. Vampires next – what could possibly go wrong?

Jarvis
04-09-2011, 11:33 PM
I'm just saying, I could do it better,

Please feel free to try.

DarkFenix
05-09-2011, 12:04 AM
If you don't like the 3 game system this league has always run on, you could always join the challenge league instead, or wait for a spot in the RPS open, those are the other two leagues run by the RPS community. If that isn't satisfactory either you could always take your superior management skills and high-and-mighty condescension and make your own league.

ntw
05-09-2011, 12:49 AM
Xercies vs SirVivor has been set to a 0-0 draw. Unlucky chaps, better luck organising your next matches - probably best to start soon if you think you may have problems again...?

@ Cyborg - we understand you feel aggrieved at missing the start of the season, apologies if anything we have done has caused it. I am perfectly prepared to admit that my management of the discussion threads in the RPS Divisions of Death group (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4) may well have been sub-optimal, however helping to admin this league is something I do in my spare time, for fun. Additionally GroovyChainsaw deserves credit for managing to organise 48 players into mostly functional divisions, a task akin to herding cats. Therefore can we take any further discussion of the matter offline and into PMs between GroovyChainsaw, you and myself please.

@ Everyone else - can we leave the Cyborg issue alone now please, the horse is a dead one, flogging it will no longer help.

/edit - just seen this new thread from Cyborg (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?1275-How-do-I-delete-my-account-on-this-forum), much of what I have said above may therefore be irrelevant.

potatoedoughnut
05-09-2011, 01:59 AM
potatoedoughnut's Clone High (Nec) vs karandraz's Aggressive Negotiation (Liz)

Going into the match I was pretty intimidated by Karandraz's very skilled up Lizard team. All of his Saurus & Krox have block, and all his skins have at least 1 skill. I used my 300k in inducements on a wizard, reroll and babe and hoped.

The lizards elected to kick to start off the game. I held the back ball deep in my side of the pitch while some blocking happened around the line of scrimmage. Eventually I handed off and advanced a partial cage down the right side of the pitch. Karandraz was more focused on blocking and trying to hurt my players than stalling the cage so I was able to make quick progress down the field and walked in the first TD on turn 4ish, thankfully before any of my mans were hurt.

The lizards recieved and a skink advanced the ball down the left side of the pitch with a loose screen of lizards in front. I was able to find/make an opening and knock the ball loose. My agi4 ghoul tried to dodge in, grab the ball, and dodge out, but failed the last roll (a GFI) to get clear and KO'd himself. A crowdpushed saurus was killed by the crowd, but the apo was on his game and rerolled to just BH. End of half 1-0 to the necros.

At halftime the weather changes to sweltering heat then the lizards received again and held the ball back behind a screen of lizards and punched down the middle right side of the pitch. The lizards punched a hole in the line of dead men and ran the ball through with a couple saurus and krox. Unfortunately the skink was exposed and got blitzed down, getting BH. The rest of the undeads mobbed the area with the ball and marked up the remainder of the saurus. A wolf was able to jump in and grab the ball and started heading up the pitch with a wight escort. The slower, fleshier necros tied up the lizards while the ww/wight duo ran the ball in (~turn 13?).

A trio of KO'd Saurus recovered and amazingly no players on either team were out due to heat (I guess lizards like heat and the undead don't care?). The lizards set up again and pushed down the left side of the field. Again they left a hole and the ball carrying skink was exposed. The blitz didn't get him down, but he was marked by 3 necros.

The lizards managed to block two markers away then dodge the skink downfield. At this point I chose to use the wizard and a lightning blot struck down the skink (just stunned though). A wight picked up the ball, handed off to a ghoul, who then passed off to the other wight who took off downfield. Again the necros tied up the lizards while a wight and wolf ran off downfield.

A saurus marked up the ball carrier on turn 16, but a blitz and a GFI later the wight scores. Final score 3-0 to the Necros.

GG & thanks for the game karandraz!

Fortunately (for me) the Krox failed several critical bone-head rolls and a few break tackles as well nullifying several blitzes and eating up rerolls. That really took the sting out of the lizard bash machine and I managed to get away with only a KO and a hurt zmobie. A few positioning gaps let me hit the ball carrying skinks, and with a full team I was able to tie up the lizards while a few of my players got away with the ball.

I'm looking forward to my rematch with GC next gameday. Our last match was very evenly matched and resulted in a draw. I'm a little disappointed Jarvis' chaos mans didn't maim GCs team, now I have to play another even match!

onestepfromlost
05-09-2011, 04:33 AM
Hmmm everyone seems to work out how this league works except one person, clearly everyone must be wrong and the one must be right.

waah waah toys out the pram. Get on that deleting of your profile and give us all peace.

Alistair Hutton
05-09-2011, 06:43 AM
With hookers and blackjack.

President Weasel
05-09-2011, 08:42 AM
If only that were true. I asked a question on why my division had no activity besides myself, and I was met with derision. I have no problem with missing the start of the "season," it's the attitude towards someone who clearly is not part of your inner circle trying to figure out what's going on. Sorry to disturb your online clique. Carry on.

Your reaction to messing up is to blame everyone else except yourself. Couldn't read the thread? Admins' fault. Get told, politely, that you'd missed out on the season? Claim you'd been "met with derision" and go on a truly impressive sulk, including a passive aggressive "how do I delete my profile".
You're just not worth the trouble. You're the only person I have ever said this to, but please don't bother coming back for next season.

groovychainsaw
05-09-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm back after being away all weekend. And....hmmm. I'm seconding ntw's above post, I think the Cyborg stuff looks to have run its course now chaps, lets leave it at that, it seems to have got a bit defensive from both sides here which is not what this thread is about, ideally. I'm not taking any sides here, but I think enough has been said.

I will put a general reminder to all that keeping up with this thread is a good idea, as this is where information about changes in season or rules will be posted by myself. And check post 1 (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?54-RPS-Blood-Bowl-League-The-many-many-Divisions-of-Death!) and the 'rules (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0VreXc&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=8)' tab on the spreadsheet. I understand this is a big thread and moves fast which can be problem. I do at least try to post important posts several times to give people a chance to respond. It's difficult for me to change post 1 (though not impossible, thanks, Ian!), but the rules tab in the spreadsheet is kept pretty well up to date to explain how our system works. And mostly the system works by working around the limitations in both the forums and cyanide's management systems. So yeah, it can be a bit clunky :-)

And thats it! Lets go back to our mid-season match reports and complaints about admins not validating matches instantly ;-). Week 2 ends this sunday, season end will be Weds 21st.

Alethron
05-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Hey, just a quick note, I am likely to be without home internet access over the next few days - I have informed Zoraster, my next opponent, and I'll let him and everyone else know once I'm back up. Just wanted to let you know in case I can't get back on to Blood Bowl as soon as I hope.

ChainsawHands
05-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Hurrah! Drama!

Alistair Hutton
05-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Hurrah! Drama!

Not just Darma, Internet Drama, the best kind of Drama.

Vexing Vision
05-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Not just Darma, Internet Drama, the best kind of Drama.

A dead horse it may be, but I think I personally haven't thanked the admins of the leagues enough. It's an outstanding job, guys, and one I wouldn't want to do unless I actually get paid for it.

Also, it's regularly a truly unusual pleasure to play with most of you, which really cannot be said for regular gaming crowds, let alone other gaming forums!

ChainsawHands
05-09-2011, 03:31 PM
The drama's over already? I thought it would last for 16 weeks, like the NFL.

On a less-unhelpful note, I'd like to second VexingVision's praise of the admins. Good work, admins! And VV's also right that the people on here are a pleasure to play. Except for President Weasel, of course: he's not even a real weasel!

President Weasel
05-09-2011, 04:18 PM
oh you, you're just trying to work up some grudgery for tonight's match in the Open, as if my constant unbroken string of defeats at your hands was not grudgeworthy enough.

ChainsawHands
05-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Crush your enemies, see them beaten on the forums, and hear the lamentations of their weasels!

duff
05-09-2011, 05:06 PM
The admins are a joke. Groovychainsaw will not even personally pop round to my house and apply my team to the correct league, and then read this thread to me while I'm in the bath. I once had to wait a whole 5 minutes for NTW to validate my game, needless to say I was not impressed. And trying to get a backrub out of Pweasel is like trying to get blood from a stone. The only reason I stay in this league is because I can't be arsed to put a Z on the spreadsheet.

President Weasel
05-09-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm not even an admin!
You can tell, because I will occasionally get people's passwords and enter them into the correct divisions if they're stuck afk for the critical few days. You'd never get the admins doing that, because they're such a big joke.
I don't really fancy giving you a backrub though; I'm sorry :(

mootpoint
05-09-2011, 06:58 PM
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY?

On another note entirely, the Munchers just managed another draw against Imirks Orcs, 1-1 despite an astounding amount of mistakes on my part. Nuffle was generally quite graceful and didn't really screw either of us over *that bad*.

I uploaded the game to the BBManager thingamajing. Related: should there be an official day-count in BBManager (I uploaded as day 2 as thats this particual season)?

LowKey
05-09-2011, 07:35 PM
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY?

ooooh oooh oooooh yeah

Alethron
05-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Also, it's regularly a truly unusual pleasure to play with most of you, which really cannot be said for regular gaming crowds, let alone other gaming forums!

Agreed, thank you all. This is an unusually friendly group, especially on the interwebs. Puts all the other forums to shame, even within RPS.

President Weasel
05-09-2011, 07:48 PM
we do secretly talk about you behind your back though, Alethron, in the secret "talk about Alethron behind his back" forum.

darkweeble
06-09-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm fully moved! I'd love to join up for next season but I won't mess with my status on the sheet until the 21st. I'll be keeping tabs on the thread in the event anything changes before then.

ntw
06-09-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm fully moved! I'd love to join up for next season but I won't mess with my status on the sheet until the 21st. I'll be keeping tabs on the thread in the event anything changes before then.

Just change your status to "R1", do it now to secure your place!

Vexing Vision
06-09-2011, 08:54 AM
This is a general call out to newcomers.

Right now, we have more active Human teams (2) than Wood Elf teams (1). SERIOUSLY. If my amazons turn out to be the last dodgy semi-agile team, I'll quit in rage.

So - get your elfiness up! Also, I'd love to play against another 'zone.

Sad and lonely,
- Vex

Screwie
06-09-2011, 09:33 AM
I would play an elf (or amazon, for that matter) team, but I'd miss my chainsaw and bombs :(

LowKey
06-09-2011, 10:42 AM
I would play an elf or amazon team but I am TOO MANLY RAAARGGHH

groovychainsaw
06-09-2011, 10:50 AM
I like playing as wood elves, but they were the first team i played in the rps leagues, followed by chaos, then skaven. I've been trying to make more bashy teams work since then. I'm not abandoning my humans yet :-).

President Weasel
06-09-2011, 11:30 AM
in longer-term leagues the more durable teams tend to have an advantage - although Darkfenix raced to the top in successive seasons with Skaven, perhaps the breakiest team of all.

mrpier
06-09-2011, 11:43 AM
I will give up my dwarfs one day, and then I'll probably try something a bit more agile (or go orcs).

Jiiiiim
06-09-2011, 11:56 AM
I've already got skinks

Specifically I've got three niggled skinks which means they get injured on a 6 on 2 dice ¬_¬

President Weasel
06-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Anyone know Rylon in real life? I can't get in touch with him.
I've tried: group thread (he clearly isn't watching it, since Lowkey was unable to arrange his match and got a forfeit); private message (no answer) and Steam friend request (he hasn't responded), although Steam says he has been online a couple of times since I sent it.

If anyone does know him or has an email address for him, can you remind him he's in the Divisions of Death and has games to play?

Screwie
06-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Specifically I've got three niggled skinks which means they get injured on a 6 on 2 dice ¬_¬

Don't remind me... I much prefer the old NI rule, where they miss a game every now and then. The new rule seems much nastier, especially for lightly armoured teams.

Another old rule I loved was being able to remove things like Really Stupid if you rolled a skill double. I miss that :(

desvergeh
06-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Tried to play my Division B game against Arnisarus last night. It was going very well (for him!) until he got disconnected at the beginning of the 2nd half.

The end date for week 2 is sunday. Ok if we replay the match on sunday evening? And do we need to do anything special to replay the match? Or just hit the play match button as normal?

DarkFenix
06-09-2011, 01:03 PM
In fairness my breaky rats' ascent was helped by an enormous spoonful of luck in that none of my truly key players ever got permanent injuries. Though I did sort of help luck along by forcibly shoving my linerats under the proverbial bus time and time again. They had all sorts of theoretically career ending injuries, thing is, there's no such thing as an injury that ends a career as line of scrimmage fodder.

Having players you don't give a shite about is wonderful for preserving the valuable ones :P

ChainsawHands
06-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Having players you don't give a shite about is wonderful for preserving the valuable ones :P
That's why I play elfs - I hate them all, the pointy-eared fuckers.

potatoedoughnut
06-09-2011, 04:00 PM
That's why I play elfs - I hate them all, the pointy-eared fuckers.

Ha, that's my approach to elves as well.

Nullkigan
06-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Today I introduced Sir Vivor to a certain type of Elf Play. It's called "bashing the stuffing out of the bashy team".

2-0 to the Supernumaries, but I have nothing for winnings again so I'll probably go into my third game a man down.

drawlien
06-09-2011, 09:52 PM
I just played Laneford in the Championship bashy team bashathon which was surprisingly un-bashy actually - only 1 player on each side got injured and they were both BH! However, I did get a bit of luck with the less important part of the game, i.e. scoring TDs and managed to get 2 despite it raining. Laneford then got a consolation which was not quite as good as my 2 because it had stopped raining by that point (but it was still pretty good :-P)! Thanks to Laneford for the game.

So only those dastardly ratmen politicians to come next round... can I stay up, or even win the division still? Only time will tell. I am half considering taking up Vexing Visions challenge of playing the Woodies as I am growing a bit tired of playing the purest form of BloodBowl (beating the crap out of the opposition and scoring on an afterthought). I am being tempted by the false promises of passing plays and end-to-end TDs! Fortunately, as a Tomb Coach of Nekhehara, I am far too old to make rash decisions so I shall continue to ponder for now.

President Weasel
06-09-2011, 10:13 PM
Unlike my attempt to play Woodies in the Open, you are unlikely to run into the terrifying amazon team coached by Drawlien. I say you should go for it - there's always the chance of a gloriously ridiculous consolation touchdown as long as you have even two woodies on the pitch.

duff
07-09-2011, 12:36 AM
And you get access to warbastards, which are my lizardmens worst nightmare :(

SirVivor
07-09-2011, 04:36 AM
The dark elves must never have showed up for the game, because I was clearly fighting the freaking X-Men instead. Lineman dying on the third turn, werewolves who had apparently not been informed they didn't have block, and the stubborn refusal of anyone on my team to pick up the ball. A few risky plays didn't pan out (for me), and Nullkigan wins a well-earned 2-0 victory. But at least I injured his merc! Take THAT!

alh_p
07-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Well if Hugh's not going to brag about it, I'd rather not bring it up at all but... After being bearded, my team was Elfed last night. 5-0.

In my defence, i can say that this was the first time I've played against woodies. Nonetheless even the casualty balance was shamefully (for me) in Hugh's favour. The only hit I really landed was in the very first turn where my Mino BH'd his treeman on the LoS from a BD/BD roll (quite a few acronyms in that sentence!). After that it got really painfull with the elves making my progress slow, harrying my players and only once really diving into my cage as it seems I made enough mistakes in my linking play (ok so passing when there is a pass intercepter on the oppositon IS stupid).

Part of me thinks I've been punished in these last 2 games for not having a) claw or b) tackle on any players in my team. My justification for that is that i was focussing on the basics -block, guard, sure hands etc but I've also not done so well at leveling the whole team. I have a nucleus of 3 AG4 Beastmen at level 4, 2 blodging CWs and only a couple of other players with 1 skill. My mino has finally popped his level cherry (a reward for his reckless torpedo dive on the Treeman). Looking back over the last 6 months or more (is it nearly a year since LE came out?) I do think my side has been moderately unlucky with deaths and injuries, not just being nuffled these last couple of games.

Anyway, I'm sorry to force all this melancholic introspection on y'all -I'm not quite sure what to do next season yet. I can't say I'm that inspired by a side other than chaos, 'cept maybe orcs. Maybe I should play elves as I'm always trying silly risky plays -although that would probably lead to an even higher heap of corpses...

duff
07-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Anyway, I'm sorry to force all this melancholic introspection on y'all -I'm not quite sure what to do next season yet. I can't say I'm that inspired by a side other than chaos, 'cept maybe orcs. Maybe I should play elves as I'm always trying silly risky plays -although that would probably lead to an even higher heap of corpses...

I think you will get bored with orcs, they are almost as slow as your old dworfs. Join the ranks of the delves!

groovychainsaw
07-09-2011, 02:19 PM
I sympathise, I got stuck with my chaos after a while, too, they're great once skilled, but (i found them) difficult to build well. They're never going to be a high-scoring team (barring a one-off massacre of your opponents or some fine doubles/stat-ups + mutations), and you have the constant problem of getting enough block+tackle to deal with blodge players and enough of your signature claw+mighty blow combo to be a threat to everyone else. The recommendation is often to get mighty blow on the CW's first to try and get them levelling up quicker, but then you come up against blockers swiftly and can struggle that way. But without it, you won't get as many injuries for the SPPs. And you rely on luck for those, without MB, rolling 10+ for the injuries to net you the SPPs. I found it hard, and decided I need players who start with skills to give me some ideas, at least! And then tried norse. And we all know what happened there. I need speedy players to play my game, I think, although this season my humans have started to hit a wall...but I'm not changing yet :-).

Anyway, aside from my rambling, there's only one high elf side in the divisions at the moment -they're kinda tough elves that you can attempt silly passing plays with?

NieA7
07-09-2011, 03:09 PM
The bashiest team with the potential for fancy ball play (missus) is probably Necro. Not hugely bashy, but the werewolves are wonderful for sprinting backwards and forwards catching folk offguard. 2 or 3 of my TDs have come from getting the ball to a wolf and moving him out of reach of everyone else in a single turn, and most my defense seems to come down to a lone wolf legging it back for a blitz (NB: this is almost certainly not the right way to play).

Other than that Nurgle plays subtly differently from chaos, though they're nearly as hard to level up well (skills on rotters are a bit of a waste so you can concentrate more on the warriors and pestigors). Could always give vamps a go - they can do all sorts of fancy stuff as well as bashing faces in, so long as they don't get too thirsty.

alh_p
07-09-2011, 03:25 PM
I think you will get bored with orcs, they are almost as slow as your old dworfs. Join the ranks of the delves!

You're probably right about orcs and it's probably my incipient desire for unadulterated revenge which is attracting me :) I've not really tried Delves but they arent bad, just concerned that they have expensive, if well armoured (for the most part) players.

I sympathise, I got stuck with my chaos after a while, too, they're great once skilled, but (i found them) difficult to build well. They're never going to be a high-scoring team (barring a one-off massacre of your opponents or some fine doubles/stat-ups + mutations), and you have the constant problem of getting enough block+tackle to deal with blodge players and enough of your signature claw+mighty blow combo to be a threat to everyone else. The recommendation is often to get mighty blow on the CW's first to try and get them levelling up quicker, but then you come up against blockers swiftly and can struggle that way. But without it, you won't get as many injuries for the SPPs. And you rely on luck for those, without MB, rolling 10+ for the injuries to net you the SPPs. I found it hard, and decided I need players who start with skills to give me some ideas, at least! And then tried norse. And we all know what happened there. I need speedy players to play my game, I think, although this season my humans have started to hit a wall...but I'm not changing yet :-).

Anyway, aside from my rambling, there's only one high elf side in the divisions at the moment -they're kinda tough elves that you can attempt silly passing plays with?

:) I remember your woes in the the pre LE divisions of death. I'm annoyed to be flaking on my chaos team becasue I thought that with 3 AG4 and 1 ST4 beastmen I should be able to pull off some exciting things and I have occasionaly its just as you say, leveling everyone else. And yet leveling the whole team is a challenge with any race, and i can't perpetualy run fromt he fact that i'm perhaps at fault for not playing very well.

The bashiest team with the potential for fancy ball play (missus) is probably Necro. Not hugely bashy, but the werewolves are wonderful for sprinting backwards and forwards catching folk offguard. 2 or 3 of my TDs have come from getting the ball to a wolf and moving him out of reach of everyone else in a single turn, and most my defense seems to come down to a lone wolf legging it back for a blitz (NB: this is almost certainly not the right way to play).

Other than that Nurgle plays subtly differently from chaos, though they're nearly as hard to level up well (skills on rotters are a bit of a waste so you can concentrate more on the warriors and pestigors). Could always give vamps a go - they can do all sorts of fancy stuff as well as bashing faces in, so long as they don't get too thirsty.

From playing against Necros I have been struck by how good they can be -but their players are very specialised, and the wolves don't half attract a lot of ire. They are a tempting choice for sure.

boots468
07-09-2011, 05:07 PM
For the love of God, don't pick vamps. Bloodlust will make a mockery of your best made plans, hyno gaze will fail just when you need it not to, and thralls can't be trusted to do anything but be tasty.

In related news, Duff just deservedly beat my vampires 2-1 with his delves. Well played Duff, cheers for the good game!

duff
07-09-2011, 05:19 PM
NieA7 - I disagree, lizzies are the bashiest team with the potential to pull off fancy plays. BUT you have 2 large issues. Saurus have no skills and are slow to level, when you add in the agi 1 it means you need some Break Tackle, which in turn means you are often 1 and frequently 2 skills behind most teams (in terms of bread and butter block + guard). Secondly you have stunty skinks which can lead to alot of dead players, in addition your skinks dont have easy access to sure hands.

alh_p - Yeh devles are expensive but you need to remember they are av8 and have access to blodge without doubles, which is arguably more survivable than av9 with just block. Maybe think about giving your agi4 beastment 2 heads / extra arms and turn them into running machines?

Myself (delfs) and boots468 (vamps) just played our game if an admin would do the honours please. I received first and made a loose cage on the right flank. After a bit of punching from both sides I managed to free a blitzer in TD range, it was only turn 5 and I was reluctant to score so early with boots having an agi5 vamp lurking ominously - but I couldn't resist the 2+ handoff. 1-0. Just as I feared boots lined up his super-vamp for a long throw so I heavily marked the only potential receiver, thankfully the catch roll was failed and it remained 1-0 at half time.

Second half boots left his ball carrier slightly unprotected and a delf blitzer managed to knock him down deep inside the vampires' half. It looked like I could go 2-0 but that agi5 vampire pulled off an insanely long pass to another Vamp in my half. Luckily I could get a 2 dice block on him: AD AD rerolled to push push! The vamp then easily dodged away and scored. 1-1.

By this point boots' team was being ravaged by Blood Lust so I simply made a loose cage in my half and tried to pick off his thralls, after a few more turns he was down to about 3 or 4 thralls and 4 vamps, and so was pretty helpless to prevent me getting the ball to someone in a scoring position. Nick Hewer duly obliged with his second TD of the game, 2-1. Thanks boots it was a fun game.

laneford
07-09-2011, 05:59 PM
I would say Undead are bashier than Necro to be honest. Mummies go go go!

Jiiiiim
07-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Werewolves, though.

NieA7
07-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Duff - true, lizard teams are pretty freakish, though they can suffer a bit if you can get enough hits on the skinks. They're a bit all or nothing really, they can either swarm and bash their way through everything or... not. Interesting team, though I've never had any luck with them which is why I tend to forget about them.

Laneford - undead probably are bashier than necro (though on balance I prefer the golems to the mummies), but alh_p was talking about risky plays too. I like the undead but they're fairly one dimensional. Besides, Khemri are even bashier than that, so long as you don't mind ignoring the ball completely.

Arnisarus
07-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi Guys, just wondering if someone could reset the match between myself and desvergeh, we are going to replay on friday

Jolima
07-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi Guys, just wondering if someone could reset the match between myself and desvergeh, we are going to replay on friday
It seems like someone has already validated that one as 4-2... :/ Unless the GUI is just acting up for me again.

Arnisarus
07-09-2011, 08:27 PM
oh noes ! so he got the win for my dc ? :(

ntw
07-09-2011, 10:27 PM
It seems like someone has already validated that one as 4-2... :/ Unless the GUI is just acting up for me again.

oh noes ! so he got the win for my dc ? :(

Oof, shame if it's true (unable to check atm) . Personally I only validate results also updated on the spreadsheet.

HughTower
07-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Well if Hugh's not going to brag about it, I'd rather not bring it up at all but... After being bearded, my team was Elfed last night. 5-0.

...snip...

Part of me thinks I've been punished in these last 2 games for not having a) claw or b) tackle on any players in my team.

Well, if you want any input from moi, you could definitely do with a stone cold killer on your team. No tackle, and no MB apart from the mino, meant I felt pretty happy taking the blows. That combined with a way below par POW count meant I survived unscathed. I looked on BBM afterwards and I think you registered under 10 pows in around 90 block dice rolled.

Also, whilst I think about it, I had over 300 TV knocked off by 3 MNG - two of which were my throwers (lvl5 & 3). As such, you didn't get the inducement boost you'd have normally expected while I could cope reasonably well with their loss by playing a more cautious running game. My TV for the next game is sitting at 2160.

In other - happier - news, my most useless player, line-elf Young, has finally (after 19 games, 9 injuries, 1 MVP and -2 MA) won his first level with an exciting 2 square pass. Now, I know I promised y'all that he'd become my honorary dwarf by giving him Thick Skull... but the lion-hearted captain of my LoS has gone one better than that and rolled a double frikking six.

I know it's only two games since Pat B passed away, but I think I'm in love again.

With a tank.

Arnisarus
08-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Oof, shame if it's true (unable to check atm) . Personally I only validate results also updated on the spreadsheet.

I've marked it as 2 - 2 on the spreadsheet, im guessing we will just have to call it a draw?

even though the game has it as a 4 - 2 with to desvergeh

desvergeh
08-09-2011, 11:04 AM
I've marked it as 2 - 2 on the spreadsheet, im guessing we will just have to call it a draw?

even though the game has it as a 4 - 2 with to desvergeh

ermmm how did that happen? I'm still somewhat new to the game, so if I did something wrong please let me know.

When Arni got DC'd I sat there for 5 mins hoping he would be able to reconnect. After that I got the match over screen with the 4-2 score.

I thought we would just be able to replay the match and it would overwrite this.

Also posted here and on the Dvision B group that we were replaying due to a disconnect.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this. Arni definitely deserved the win on this match. By half-time the score was 2-0 in his favour, and there seemed little chance of turning it around (most I could hope for was 2-1).

Des.

groovychainsaw
08-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Errrm - sorry Arni, Des, I was mass-validating games and completely missed that one (I recall NOW that you posted, which is less helpful). Neither of you did anything wrong, it was entirely my fault. Once validated, the game cannot be replayed. If I'd realised, I'd have reset the game. Both require an admin to do something before you can replay. I usually check the thread, went back a couple of pages and didn't see anything about it. I should have realised how many posts we'd had recently! And 4-2 sounds like such a plausible score to me (as opposed to the default 2-0, which always makes me pause to check...). I actually held off on one of the other games thinking it needed a replay instead(!).

I hold my hands up, totally my fault, got lost validating lots of games. I'm genuinely sorry. We can't change the result in-game now that I've validated it. I hope it doesn't mess either of you guys up too badly :-S. We'll keep it as 2-2 on the sheet for the purposes of promotions/end of season stuff (/Edit - Just saw des' post above. If you two agree on a different score, we can accept that instead, but the 'loser' has to agree that its fair in that case!).

Maybe to prevent this happening in the future, if anyone needs a replay after a D/C, mark the sheet as 'R-R' for the score, so none of us validate it? (I've always got the sheet open, but the scores aren't always up to date on there...)? It hasn't happened before, but it could happen again, and this might help us (me!) not do this again. Again, I'm sorry I missed this one, feel like a complete moron, I've been doing this for long enough now!

ntw
08-09-2011, 11:40 AM
<snip>...Maybe to prevent this happening in the future, if anyone needs a replay after a D/C, mark the sheet as 'R-R' for the score, so none of us validate it? (I've always got the sheet open, but the scores aren't always up to date on there...)? ...<snip>

This! This is a good idea. Along with reminding people to update the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0VreXc&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=21)ASAP and/or nagging an admin in SteamBuds chat if there is one around...

Admins are -
ntw
groovychainsaw
drawlien
jolima
darkfenix
chainsawhands

and all our steam id's are in the sheet.

groovychainsaw
08-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Yes, I'll second that, keep the spreadsheet up to date, and we'll use that R-R idea, too.

If you see me on steam, please feel free to message me to get something sorted out/explained/reset/validated, I don't bite, and I'm always willing to chat blood bowl with folks :-). And again, apologies for overlooking this one chaps.

ntw
08-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Not sure whether it was mentioned/made explicitly clear above, but unfortunately there's no way to roll back the result in the Cyanide league. So although we are able to correct it for promotion purposes(once we have explicit agreement from both of you), the SPPs (4x TD @ 3 each and 2x MVP @ 5 each = a monstrous 22 SPPs randomly allocated!) have already been awarded to Devergeh.

After brief discussion with GC I suggest that Arni gets to play a free game when the season ends, and his opponent gifts him a 1-0 win and associated SPPs (3SPPs to player of his choice and random MVP for 5SPP) he "missed out on". Thoughts guys?

ChainsawHands
08-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Never has that parliamentary inquiry into the so-called "admins" been more needed! Note carefully the complete lack of denials from groovychainsaw that he accepted a bribe to fix the results of that match!

Arnisarus
08-09-2011, 12:40 PM
honestly im not that fussed, I'm happy with a draw marked on the spreadsheet and not blaming anyone at all. Its a big league to admin and mistakes are bound to happen, no biggy.

My unbeaten record is now tarnished forever though :D hahaha nuffle is a fickle being!

Will keep that in mind about the R - R for the spread sheet, perhaps the first post should be updated too?

desvergeh dont worry dude you did nothing wrong, on the plus side you got LOADS of SPP :P take it as a boon hehe.

ntw
08-09-2011, 01:30 PM
OK, we'll go with the draw. It has the bonus of leaving DivB with everything to play for in the last few games :)

We'll setup your "consolation walkover" after S12 finishes.

I am in the process of updating the instructions (in the spreadsheet) to make them clearer so I'll ensure the R-R is added as well.

/edit - Spreadsheet updated, quickstart tab added, rules (hopefully) clarified and some other stuff tidied up. Any further improvements anyone can think of?

desvergeh
08-09-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm happy to go with whatever is decided. Sure do hope I don't end up winning the league this season though, as it will not be a deserved win over everyone else.

Guess all the SPP makes up for rolling all those 1s ;)

Squiz
08-09-2011, 03:26 PM
This may look like something bit overly hasty to ask, since I don't even own the game yet, but do you guys just organise things using Steam, or is it required to buy the LE of the game on Steam to be able to join in? I would be interested in trying my luck with Blood Bowl, especially in multiplayer, but it seems as if you can't register retail copies of Blood Bowl on Steam. Would it be problematic if I got my copy somewhere else (and probably much cheaper)?

Nullkigan
08-09-2011, 03:27 PM
No problem at all.

My copy is retail. Steam is used to easily contact other players, but you can do that through the forum group if you don't like steam. You can add non-steam games to your list on steam if you want to use the overlay whilst your opponent is taking their turn.

ntw
08-09-2011, 03:29 PM
This may look like something bit overly hasty to ask, since I don't even own the game yet, but do you guys just organise things using Steam, or is it required to buy the LE of the game on Steam to be able to join in? I would be interested in trying my luck with Blood Bowl, especially in multiplayer, but it seems as if you can't register retail copies of Blood Bowl on Steam. Would it be problematic if I got my copy somewhere else (and probably much cheaper)?

No problem at all, we only use Steam for ease of communication really. Theoretically you could still play in the Divs even if you didn't have a Steam account, but it has proven FAR easier if we are able to communicate thru Steam ;)

ChainsawHands
08-09-2011, 03:30 PM
You can add non-steam games to your list on steam if you want to use the overlay whilst your opponent is taking their turn.
Of course, if you do this with Blood Bowl it will crash every single time you try to run it, but at least it alt-tabs well.

ntw
08-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Of course, if you do this with Blood Bowl it will crash every single time you try to run it, but at least it alt-tabs well.

I run my BB windowed, makes everything easier ;)

Squiz
08-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Hey, thanks for the fast replies, in that case I will get the game soon and report back after some AI games, rule / beginners FAQ / strategy guide reading and Let's Play watching. Cheers!

groovychainsaw
08-09-2011, 03:37 PM
MY copy is also retail, non-steam. And I'll second what Nullkigan says, that you can add the shortcut to steam to use steam chat whilst in the game (although the in-game chat works, too) :-). We mostly use steam for ease of contacting each other, but we also use the forum groups (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4) to arrange the matches. This season ends 21 Sept, so make sure you're around at that point to apply, enter your details on our spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0VreXc&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=24), read the rules in post 1 and on the spreadsheet (It helps to know how we run these things!) and we'll do everything we can the squeeze you into the divisions for next season. Welcome aboard!

ntw
08-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Hey, thanks for the fast replies, in that case I will get the game soon and report back after some AI games, rule / beginners FAQ / strategy guide reading and Let's Play watching. Cheers!

Playing the AI isn't much use for anything other than learning the UI a bit, I'd recommend joining the RPS BBLE Challenge League (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?147-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Challenge-League), it's where many of the RPS BBLE players hang out and matchup for friendly games against *non*-internet dickwads, there's also a steam group with an associated chatroom which is *woefully* under-used :(

Vexing Vision
08-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Personally, I made a lot of progress against the AI in the campaign mode. While I did play Blood Bowl a few thousand years ago with a genuine pewter team (plastic wasn't chique yet), my tactical abilities definitely improved from playing the AI.

I'd definitely recommend playing a few games to handle the mechanics and learn a few things about basic positioning.

And THEN go and get punched and outclassed by real players. :)

Arnisarus
08-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Indeed as ntw sayd join the challenge league and add some people from the spreadsheet on steam, most people will be more than happy to go through some learning games for you. My 4 Warriors of Claw for example would love to bash in some teams whilst your learning :D

Squiz
08-09-2011, 04:22 PM
@Vexing Vision, Arnisaurus: We'll see about that... :)

But thanks for the offer.

Gorm
08-09-2011, 04:36 PM
If nothing else the single player lets you see what different skills can do first hand.

Sgt.Ragekage
08-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Div E

Cwoac and i played t'other day. Lost the notes i made on it tho! Im fairly sure it was 2-0 to him. I've updated the spreadsheet. Ta.

imirk
08-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Alright Ragecage. You v. Me in an Orcy battle against relegation and 14 days to make it happen.

President Weasel
08-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Div E

Cwoac and i played t'other day. Lost the notes i made on it tho! Im fairly sure it was 2-0 to him. I've updated the spreadsheet. Ta.

There's no requirement to do a match report. However, if you do want to do one you can actually load and the replay from your match. They're all saved by default, in... a folder. Damn, I'm not at my home PC so I can't remember how to do it; it's pretty straightforwards though, once you get past that initial layer of Cyanide obtuseness. If I remember right the + and - keys on the numpad will speed up or slow down the time compression rate too.

ChainsawHands
08-09-2011, 05:28 PM
My Documents\BloodBowlLegendary\Saves\Replays as I remember it, and you load them from the single player load game replay section. + and - (or possibly ctrl+ and ctrl- ?) do indeed change the speed.

imirk
08-09-2011, 05:56 PM
If I remember right the + and - keys on the numpad will speed up or slow down the time compression rate too.
Wait. Wow awesome! I can never make it past the kickoff when I watch replays.

Also to watch replays you (intuitively :P) Single Player>Load>Replay

desvergeh
08-09-2011, 06:46 PM
desvergeh dont worry dude you did nothing wrong, on the plus side you got LOADS of SPP :P take it as a boon hehe.

24 SPP, guess what! 90% of those landed on my friggin' zombies!

Beware my shambling hordes!

ntw
08-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Alright Ragecage. You v. Me in an Orcy battle against relegation and 14 days to make it happen.

Guys, please post this (also?) in the group discussion thread for your Div, it's how we track who is making an effort to play the matches in the event of a default...

imirk
08-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Guys, please post this (also?) in the group discussion thread for your Div, it's how we track who is making an effort to play the matches in the event of a default...

Of course, Just wanted to let everyone know about the deperation mirror match that will be happening.

ChainsawHands
08-09-2011, 09:35 PM
mrpier's dwarfs kicked off to Elf Harm and attempted a classic 2-1 grind. They'd have gotten away with it too, it it wasn't for that pesky MV10 catcher: I'd set up on turn 16 to try to push him into range, but a lucky kickoff event let me move him 1 square forward, and the ball landed off-pitch so it just took a 2+ dodge and 2 GFIs for him to run in and equalise for a completely undeserved 2-2 draw.

My -AV catcher got a +AG, and my +2MV catcher got a level up as well, ready for sprint for 1 turn TDness. Only he rolled a +AG too, and now I'm not sure what to take. ;-)

Thanks to mrpier for the game - I was pretty lucky to get away with no permanent injuries against all that mighty blow, and the deathroller...

imirk
08-09-2011, 09:40 PM
well what is more annoying than one AG5 elf? Two AG5 Elfs!

mrpier
08-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Bah, that was hella annoying, third match with this team where I miss out on a draw/victory because of a one turn touchdown. No skillups, which is fine actually, more inducement money against Hughtower that way.

Pretty uneventful match really, ChainsawHands scored early in the first half, I scored on turn eight, trundled my way up the pitch in the second half without major problems, scoring on my turn eight. Could probably have set up better against the OTT attempt, but I miscalculated at first and thought he could do the touchdown without a push, and when I remembered the pitch is thirteen squares not twelve I had so little time left I just left my formation as it was.

Thanks for the match Chainsawhands (you bastard ;-).

ntw
09-09-2011, 12:40 AM
3 simple pictures say it all -

First Half, just about to score
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4V6_32WtfHo/TmlVJ5KezZI/AAAAAAAAAOs/QgQ6U6DEfmc/ntw%252520vs%252520KayD%2525201st.JPG

Second Half, about to score again
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-yuZsw0R3kbs/TmlVJSIP-aI/AAAAAAAAAOo/syCkiYd8wLg/ntw%252520vs%252520KayD%2525202nd.JPG

Match Stats
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-t2nCskHU8EY/TmlVI8jhiKI/AAAAAAAAAOk/NY351LR1enE/ntw%252520vs%252520KayD%252520final.JPG

Brutal. I feel sorry for the poor rats, I wasn't even playing nasty!

ntw
09-09-2011, 01:01 AM
Div4, Div2, DivE rolled on to Day/Week 3

LowKey
09-09-2011, 09:27 AM
The Easy Dead (LowKey, Undead) 2, Fly Soup (MadDave123, Nurgle) 1

Quite a fun game all in all, with 90k in inducements I picked up some lovely wee bloodwieser babes but apart from that the teams were looking pretty even and everyone was looking forward to a good bash. I have uploaded it to BB Manager but there's no stats at the minute - is that because it hasn't been validated or am I just being foolish?

Anyway from memory I kicked to Fly Soup at the start of the first half which was secured, however I managed to knock the ball loose within maybe two/three turns with a mixture of blitsing Mummies blodging ghouls and Nuffle spitting on MadDaves attempts to GFI, secure it and then play it safe on the opposing touch line until turn 8, subsequently scoring. Tame first half with maybe one KO, think there was a couple of BH's which were regened on both teams and I had a zombie sent of for... trying to help a Chaos Warrior up off the ground...

Second half I received and managed to score an earlier TD than I would have like but I was put under a lot of perstigore pressure and as such now had 5 turns to defend... like the inevitable diseased steam roller fly soup pushed down the field, I managed to crowd surf the ball carrier and the ball flew out into the middle of my half, this was promptly retrieved by a pestigore who I managed to blitz with a Skeleton, who subsequently attempted to retrieve the ball and knocked it into my TD zone and of course on his last turn MadDave managed to pick it up for a well deserved TD. Injury wise nothing too serious except one of my Mummies getting BH and one of my ghouls killing a Chaos Warrior.

Overall a very fun game, lots of give and take, I think I was slightly fortunate with the dice and didn't receive too many bad rolls which gave me the edge over a well matched side, cheers for the game MadDave!