PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Zoraster
09-09-2011, 10:07 AM
I have uploaded it to BB Manager but there's no stats at the minute - is that because it hasn't been validated or am I just being foolish?

The latter :) Looking at it you've got an incomplete logfile uploaded. If you want to get stats you'll have to replay the whole match to regenerate the logfile and then upload to BBM. Takes about 5 minutes at max speed (the + key speeds it up).

President Weasel
09-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Damn, I was rather hoping Dave would manage a draw, which would have left me needing a draw to win the division. Now I've got to somehow beat an undead team with my newbie chaos. Well played though, sounds like it was entirely deserved.

NTW, you can feel free to roll our Division (D) on - Rylon's vanished. Hasn't responded in the group thread (since the start of the season when Lowkey couldn't arrange their match) hasn't responded in this thread, hasn't responded to a PM, hasn't responded to a Steam friend request. Not much point waiting around for him.

alh_p
09-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks to mrpier for the game - I was pretty lucky to get away with no permanent injuries against all that mighty blow, and the deathroller...

Innocence is bliss.

ntw
09-09-2011, 11:31 AM
<snip>... you can feel free to roll our Division (D) on - Rylon's vanished. Hasn't responded in the group thread (since the start of the season when Lowkey couldn't arrange their match) hasn't responded in this thread, hasn't responded to a PM, hasn't responded to a Steam friend request. Not much point waiting around for him.

he's not even logged onto the forum since the 3rd Aug :S

Guess he's gone AWOL, we'll process it ASAP (sheet updated)

Gorm
09-09-2011, 11:33 AM
How come i often see team logos i cant choose for my teams on other peoples teams?

Nullkigan
09-09-2011, 11:43 AM
The logo list is 50% race, 50% generic. So as Orcs, you can't get the Dark Elf Hydra, but you can both get the Casualty Symbol.

Gorm
09-09-2011, 02:35 PM
I've made a lot of skaven teams and never seen that logo from ntw's post.

Vexing Vision
09-09-2011, 02:54 PM
The tentacle brain is a Nurgle logo. The Rat nibbling the ball is a Skaven logo, and at least I can definitely see it in my icon list...

Alistair Hutton
09-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Brutal. I feel sorry for the poor rats, I wasn't even playing nasty!

That's the kind of vicious beat down that I always like to see my next opponent receive.

President Weasel
09-09-2011, 03:27 PM
The tentacle brain is a Nurgle logo. The Rat nibbling the ball is a Skaven logo, and at least I can definitely see it in my icon list...

Yep, bored enough to go and check and both those logos are in my list too.

Gorm
09-09-2011, 04:18 PM
How strange, i dont have them. I've played against teams with icons i cant choose before in the challenge league. Its a little annoying.

ntw
09-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Rylon's results set to 0-2.

Divs rolled on where possible

President Weasel
09-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Rylon's results set to 0-2.

Divs rolled on where possible

4 of my players got level ups.
3 of them rolled a 6 and a 4, and I couldn't resist giving all of them +mov. So effectively, I still have a newbie chaos team - except theyre a lot faster than you'd expect, and one of them has block.

MadDave123
09-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Damn, I was rather hoping Dave would manage a draw, which would have left me needing a draw to win the division. Now I've got to somehow beat an undead team with my newbie chaos. Well played though, sounds like it was entirely deserved.
HA! Like I'm going to make things easy for you. :p

LowKey, thanks for the game. Lots of fun, even if I did manage to re-roll a failed GFI into another failed GFI... TWICE! -_-
I also have a new found hatred for mummies.

potatoedoughnut
10-09-2011, 02:07 AM
HA! Like I'm going to make things easy for you. :p

LowKey, thanks for the game. Lots of fun, even if I did manage to re-roll a failed GFI into another failed GFI... TWICE! -_-
I also have a new found hatred for mummies.

Mummies just want to hug you. They're actually quite friendly once you get to know them.

LowKey
10-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by MadDave123
I also have a new found hatred for mummies. 210http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/images/misc/pencil.png

Alethron
10-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Hey, so still no internet access here, and unlikely to have any until mid to late next week. Obviously I really want to play my match against Zoraster, but I may have to forfeit. Sorry about this, really disappointed.

Screwie
10-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Mummies are the best little big guys. Khemri was my favourite bashy team for a while until their mummies turned into tomb guardians in a later edition of the rules :(

Back when I plated in a RL league, my team's brand new minotaur died in his very first game when he tried to block one of them. I harbour a healthy respect/paralysing fear of mummies to this day.

Indefatigible Snoozer
10-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Div B can be rolled on.

ntw
10-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Div B can be rolled on.

DivB rolled on ;)

ntw
10-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Hey, so still no internet access here, and unlikely to have any until mid to late next week. Obviously I really want to play my match against Zoraster, but I may have to forfeit. Sorry about this, really disappointed.

*IF* the rest of your Div don't mind *and* you can all get the season wrapped up as close to the end date as possible, then we can give you a few more days...

(cross posted to the Championship discussion)

/edit - WB Dragon?

Alistair Hutton
10-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Altdorf Army 1 - 0 The Jesters of Death

The Army ere victorious in a game that will go down in the annals for the sport as, just a bit too silly to be taken seriously. It was end to end stuff with mistakes and crazy plays galore. I'd have to watch the replay to give an accurate report of what happened a there was just too much stuff going on.

ntw
10-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Team Pathogenic (Nurgle, ntw) vs Mice to see u, to see u.. (Skaven, KayD)

In the pouring rain, Mice to see u, to see u.. (M2C) won the toss and elected to kick. M2C spent their ~530k of incentive money on a Halfling Chef (he stole 2 rerolls each half) an additional Apothecary and a few Bloodweiser Babes (expecting a few KO's or injuries maybe?). Team Pathogenic (TP) earned a reroll on the kickoff to make up slightly for the two they lost while they were stuffing themselves with delicious Halfling Stew.

TP started as they meant to continue, by almost immediately KO-ing a rat and knocking 2 others down. Measles finally started to earn his inflated wage as a "Special Teams Players" by managing to put the boot into one of the downed Rats and ensuring he'd miss the rest of the game. This seemed to rattle the M2C Gutter Runners and in a desperate attempt to survive the match, Lashamute Squeek came up with the brilliant idea of pretending to fall over dead whilst dodging through the TP lines. Unfortunately the M2C Apothecary was on hand to point out to the coach that he was only faking it, and he was forced to rejoin the subs on the touchline. TP emphasised the bashy nature of this match by immediately KO-ing another rat and then Measles earnt himself a bonus by sneakily KO-ing another rat who was resting for a moment on the floor. Turn 2 ends and M2C have already lost 5 players from the pitch, 1 injured, 1 faking an injury and back in the subs box and 3 KO-ed.
A little pushing happens at the line of scrimmage then M2C spot an opportunity to pressure the ball carrier and dodge past the line, in a move which warns of things to come, the rat then fails his GFI roll and falls over. TP ratchet up the pressure by killing M2C's star Gutter Runner (+1MA, Block, 2SPPs from 4th Level) who the Apothecary confirms really is dead, but TP drag off the corpse to recruit after the match. More pushing occurs until Measles gets cocky and fouls a rat right in front of the Ref, he is sent off for his transgression, but can be seen being congratulated by his team-mates and looking very smug in the Sin Bin. TP grind out the rest of the half against the 3 remaining rats and Hepatitis steps across the line to score just before the whistle blows, all M2C's rats recover from KO, but they barely have time to pickup the ball and try a pass in the pouring rain before the half ends.

Team Pestilence 1 - 0 Mice to see u, to see u..

The rain continues in the second half and makes the ground slippery as well as the ball, Lashamute Squeek fails an early dodge an KOs himself. M2C force a gap on the right side of the pitch and try to push through to take advantage, but TP move across in force and close it down KO-ing another rat in the process. M2C try to switch across to the weakly defended left side of the pitch, but once again TP manage to work their numbers advantage and Blitz the ball carrier. He drops to the floor and is stretchered off to take no further part in the match while the ball bounces away from the TP players. M2C manage to dodge away and pickup the ball, running it into the middle of the pitch they go for a desperate pass upfield but HongKongFlu manages to bat the ball down and TP close around it and pick it up. From here on the result is inevitable as TP steadily push upfield to score their second as the final whistle blows.

Team Pestilence 2 - 0 Mice to see u, to see u..

My team were just too strong and bashy for KayD to cope with at the end of the day, I was fairly lucky with managing to knock his rats out quite quickly thereby ensuring I had the numbers advantage to nullify his speed advantage. The stats on BBM show that I did well at the blocking and KayD was forced to make many, many rolls to dodge and GFI - which ultimately hurt him badly when they failed.

Cheers to KayD for a good game played, as always, in good spirit.

Xercies
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Played with StudentEternal. My Lizards Verses The Skaven. 2-1 To Me

Nuffle wasn't on Student's side a lot of times, it showed in the first turn of his while trying to dodge it made a Turnover giving me the ball allowing my Lizard team to make the touchdown a few turns later. Though he did get lucky with his Touchdown just before the Half Time because of an extra turn given to him by the referee and my stupid mistake of re-rolling a both down to a push. The second Half was me having the ball and slowly getting down to the goaline, since my lizards are tough there was many casualties on the Skaven side so I was able to showboat a bit to slow him down. Even so it still got a bit hairy near the end where Nuffle decided that he actually kind of liked the Skaven after all and gave me loads of quick turnovers because of the damn both down and attacker down, I think I got three in a row and I had no re-rolls left. Thankfully though Nuffle wasn't to kind to him and he didn't score, but it got a bit to close for me.

Being my first time with Lizards i think I really really love them, they are just perfect for my kind of play, they have both good attacking and defence because of the saurus and good dodging play because of the skinks.

Nullkigan
10-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Just wait until one of your big stompy guys dies and you're left with a hole in your defences that you simply can't plug short of a skink hit squad :(

Yeah, Lizards are great and did really well in the Cup back in the day.

Now my Dark Elves have to fight your horrible reptilian monsters!

INinja132
10-09-2011, 09:31 PM
The Rakish Rodents (Me) 1-2 Brolaf Brigade (Smaug81)

Nuffle finally noticed I was having a bit of a lucky streak and promptly punished me. The match started badly with a few badly hurts and miss next games, recovered a bit in the middle and then ended with only 5 rats left on the pitch.

A good game, very close right up to the end with some great plays on both sides, and fairly even (see: bad) luck on each side.

ntw
10-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Not a good few days for Skaven coaches it seems.

smaug81
10-09-2011, 11:57 PM
An excellent match, as INinja said.

I won the toss and chose to kick, and some poor rolls for the Rodents led to an early defensive touchdown for me. I stalled on the touchline as long as I could safely do so, but still left the rats 2 or 3 turns in the half. This proved to be ample time for them to score, in spite of me sending back most of my players to attempt to box in the gutter runners that had dodged through the lines into my backfield. Some well managed blocking and ball handling still saw a GR dodge away from his markers and waltz into the endzone.

Receiving for the second half, I proceeded to grind down the left side of the field in typical bashy fashion. There were some dicey moments where the Rodents got shots at my ball carrier, but fortunately none of these attempts resulted in a turnover. I again stalled on the touchline for as many turns as I could manage, and this time successfully left the rats with only one turn to play. INinja lacked the means to pull off an OTT, so that wrapped the game up.

Amusingly enough, the star player of the game, for me, was clearly the pitch. Yes, the pitch. It KO'd and injured more rats than any player on my team could ever dream of. I lost track of the number of dodge and GFI attempts that resulted in Rodents being carried off the field senseless or broken. I think I owe that pitch a drink.

Xercies
11-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Just wait until one of your big stompy guys dies and you're left with a hole in your defences that you simply can't plug short of a skink hit squad :(

Yes I did find this actually, one of the Skaven knocked out my Saurus and well it was quite a blow since I only have 5 and my defence was down a bit a lot. So I can see this would be a problem. Also trying to defend against a very dodgy team is a nightmare!

President Weasel
11-09-2011, 11:36 AM
getting the skills onto the big guys is a bit of a nightmare. Break tackle on them makes a massive difference though - without it, you can basically guarantee they stay where you want by just letting them 2-dice one of your mooks (lineorcs, zombies, linerats) every turn while your other players play whack-a-skink. Block also helps a lot, obviously.

Jiiiiim
11-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Just played Jolima.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shpUZXsO4iE

Jolee, jolee, jolee, jolee-maah
I'm begging of you please don't break my mans
Jolee, jolee, jolee, jolee-mah
Please don't break them just because you can

Your vampires are beyond compare
With block and dodge and stats to spare
With ivory skin and eyes of emerald green
Your thralls are a refreshing drink
Your vamps will want to take, I think
And I cannot compete with you, jolima

You blitz into me as I sleep
There's nothing I can do to keep
the ball, when you blitz my mans, jolima

And I can easily understand
How you could easily touchdown then
But you don't know what skinks can do, jolima

I'm begging of you please don't take my skink
Please don't tackle him just because you can

You could have my lizardmen
But I could never play again
They're the only ones for me, jolima

I had to have this talk with you
My happiness depends on you
And whatever you decide to do, jolima

Jolee, jolee, jolee, jolee-mah
I'm begging of you please don't break my mans
Jolee, jolee, jolee, jolee-maaah
Please don't break them even though you can

Joleee, joleeeeemaaaah.

He may have to do the coherent version of this match report but it was my general feelings.

President Weasel
11-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Jim is the best. It is true.

Jolima
11-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Right.

So I started out kicking, got a blitz and got hold of the ball but Jiiiiim got a skink in for support and blitzed my vampire with a Saurus, knocking the ball free again. The ball remained outside of true control for several more turns, but I was starting to feel I had some control of it, with the ball in the center of a blob of thralls and vampires while the lizards were getting worn down far faster than my team. That turned out to be a false feeling as the ballcarrier was blitzed down and the ball bounced right out onto a skink, who failed to catch it while bouncing, but ran right after it and snatching it out of range of my team. Some attempts at chainpushing to get someone after him failed and Jiiiiiim scored the turn after.

I now had 4 turns to counter, which felt like it should be easily doable seing as Jiiiiiiim was down 3 Saurus to KO and several skinks, but I didn't want to score too early to give him a chance for another counter. I set up for bashing my way through his front line but was eventually flanked and some skinks with sidestep/diving tackle got in contact with my ballcarrying vampire on the final turn. I handed the ball over to another vampire (or tried to, he got bloodlust and apparently the handoff became a pass instead while he was eating). This vampire was still next to a skink, but not one with diving tackle, and had to succeed in a 3+ followed by a 2+ dodge to get away. The first dodge succeded after using up the dodge skill, but the second one failed. (I still would have required 4 or so more rolls to score.)

Still 1-0 at halftime.

Another attempt at scoring went better, though still not without potential for failure and it was 1-1 after a few turns into the second half.

The Lizards now only had two skinks left for their offence. One of them got hold of the ball and hid behind a wall of Saurus. I tried to convince one of them to let me pass by to blitz the skink, but he wouldn't have it. Not even when a second vampire joined in.

The skink made a run into my field and my defenders were marked up to prevent easy blitzing. I tried dodging some thralls away to get at him, but one fell over and the skink could score to make it 2-1.

I now had 2 turns left to earn a draw and ran most of my team into his field while trying to mark his Saurus. This left the thrall with the ball unfortunately within range of the skinks, one of which tried a blitz but got a double skull and just knocked himself down. Next turn I could pass the ball up and score with a vampire after just some complications with bloodlust on a vampire supposed to free up the thrower with a blitz.

Thanks for the game and thanks for the song Jiiiiim.

LowKey
11-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Jim is the best. It is true.

"Striking and heart breakingly beautiful, 10 out of 10"

- Everyone

imirk
11-09-2011, 09:33 PM
0-1 Ragecakes over the Black Orc Bettys,

it was a game of wildly swinging luck and green mans hitting green mans. First half was pretty orcy lots of hitting and little to no ball movement, good early blocking put Ragecage in a good position and he was able to dislodge the ball, but some bad luck including rolling quad skulls meant he couldn't convert, So the second half was a start of a new game with Ragecage receiving, but a pitch invasion stunned 9 of my players, In a bit of haste to capitalize on the situation the ball ended up on the ground near the touchline, and I was able to recover but couldn't get the support to keep the ball. Ragecage eventually recovered and was able to press home for the score on turn 16. the final turn saw another pitch invasion downing 8 orcs, so all I got were my 3 LOS hits and that is all she wrote.

Sgt.Ragekage
11-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Div E

Imirk1 0 v ragecakes 1

One big orc fest? I was expecting to wake up tommorrow and have to explain to our lass why i was covered in green spores...
yet she missed out on all the white ones...

Anyhoo. Two orc teams, both taken a battering recently, meet on the field of nuffle. He is in a particularly dwarfish mood and must have been on the old xxxxxx. One injury all match and thats just badly hurt. The rest of it pretty much went along the lines of everyone meet in the middle and pound on each other until gork comes out your mostrils.

Half time, nil nil, not much death and destruction. Then nuffle stirkes. I recieve the kick off this half and BANG, pitch invasion. 2 FAME to 0 means your getting it in the MORK. nine of imirks players get stunned to my one. Ouch. Bitch slapped back to bangkok.

With two free turns and not much else to do, after a few blitz' it ended up as one nil to me. Bar kick off rolls it was a really tight, enjoyable match. Tis always fun to beat the yanks tho ;)

ntw
11-09-2011, 09:34 PM
I propose that Jiiiim does everyones match reports from this time onwards - all in favour?

ntw
12-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Results validated, Div3 & DivF rolled on

potatoedoughnut
12-09-2011, 01:14 AM
I propose that Jiiiim does everyones match reports from this time onwards - all in favour?

Sounds good. I'll start sending my replays your way Jiiiim.

Vexing Vision
12-09-2011, 09:50 AM

Only if he doesn't sing.

Squiz
12-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Hurra, my Blood Bowl copy has arrived in the mail. However, I won't join your dastardly deviant Divisions before the cycle after the next one (mid-end of October) since I want to get a better understanding of the game and will be on holidays at the beginning of next month anyways.

I will register in time as soon as I have made a decision about what race and style to play. By the looks of it, good ol' Chaos seems to be pretty popular around here as well, eh? ;)

Looking forward to play with you guys!

Arnisarus
12-09-2011, 02:05 PM
do not get put off by any bugs you encounter, they sometimes add some spice to games :)

ntw
12-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Hurra, my Blood Bowl copy has arrived in the mail. However, I won't join your dastardly deviant Divisions before the cycle after the next one (mid-end of October) since I want to get a better understanding of the game and will be on holidays at the beginning of next month anyways.

I will register in time as soon as I have made a decision about what race and style to play. By the looks of it, good ol' Chaos seems to be pretty popular around here as well, eh? ;)

Looking forward to play with you guys!

Coward! Surely the pressure of playing in the Divisions would be just the incentive you need to understand the game... ;)

Register first, worry about race and style afterwards. And Chaos is popular because everybody loves to grow an extra arm and beat up Elves (and in the game!)

imirk
12-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Chaos are a bit trickey to start with though since they've no starting skills.

Squiz
12-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Nice try ntw, but I won't feed your bloated goat(men) those juicy rookie players that easily (and in the game!). Chaos seem to be the typical late-game powerhouses if built well, so I can understand why they are so present everywhere you look in BB-land. I will possibly go with Orcs but as I said that is still something I will have to decide on after a few training matches.

Arnisarus
12-09-2011, 03:42 PM
orcs are a good choice for beginners, they can soak up alot of damage, and the blitzers start with block so you've at least got some options in the start games. Also 4 strength 4 black orcs makes for a tasty line against squishy teams :D

just forget about throwing in the early game, or infact never throw unless you have to :) pick it up with a blitzer since they are fastest and have block and just cage him all the way up, try get kick off retrun on your ball carrier early too since fast dodgy teams may get to him before he manages to move into a cage. Sodding elves

Squiz
12-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, Arni. I am currently reading up some basic information about the teams and basic tactics (caging, 2-1 grind, massive swearing, etc.). I still experience some difficulties with grasping the overall reasoning behind some playstyles, but this is mainly due to the sheer wealth of different skills (and their possible combinations and implications for your game) and player statistics that I have to hammer into my head.

I guess it all comes down to practice and experience and a light-hearted attitude towards loosing. :)

imirk
12-09-2011, 04:12 PM
I guess it all comes down to practice and experience and a light-hearted attitude towards loosing. :)

You'll be fine!

LowKey
12-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Nice try ntw, but I won't feed your bloated goat(men) those juicy rookie players that easily (and in the game!). Chaos seem to be the typical late-game powerhouses if built well, so I can understand why they are so present everywhere you look in BB-land. I will possibly go with Orcs but as I said that is still something I will have to decide on after a few training matches.

Undead my boy Undead, a great all round team and quite beginner friendly, you wont be playing a passing game but ghouls can be surprisingly nimble when necessary and make good blitzers after receiving block, zombies are my favourite cheap linemen with ok AV and regen, wights start with block and good access to skills and of course Mummies, who are just lovely

The Undead are also surprisingly under represented in the DoD at the moment

Xercies
12-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Also realise that several games you might win or lose because you got lucky or the other team got lucky. One of the greatest things about this game is you don't really know whats going to happen sometimes :)

President Weasel
12-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Lowkey is probably right about undead.
I reckon you should join this season with an undead team and learn as you go. If you hate them or they all die you can start again at the bottom with a new team, and you'll have lost absolutely nothing. If you like them, you'll end up with a levelled up player or two for next season, hurrah.

Nullkigan
12-09-2011, 05:57 PM
If you remind people that you're new, they'll give you varying amounts of help with your game too. It's rarely clear how difficult an action is because Cyanide are terrible people, but an experienced and talkative opponent can help you much more than playing against the AI ever will.

duff
12-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Unless your playing Pweasel in which case he'll tell you that a 5+ dodge in two tackle zones is actually a 2+ with reroll because hes just that shady.

imirk
12-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Unless your playing Pweasel in which case he'll tell you that a 5+ dodge in two tackle zones is actually a 2+ with reroll because hes just that shady.

well given his orc playing skills he may actually believe that to be true :P

duff
12-09-2011, 07:04 PM
well given his orc playing skills he may actually believe that to be true :P

Oooof! Go for the jugular!

imirk
12-09-2011, 07:08 PM
to be fair I think I only have one more win than he does with orcs and it was against halflings, and that wasnt the only time I played halflings :P 1w-2d*-3l

*one of these was admined.

Squiz
12-09-2011, 07:34 PM
I'll see. I have printed out the percent chances for basic 1-2-3 dice rolls and I'll watch some replays with BB manager. The most confusing thing really is the modification of attribute rolls and dodges. "Okay, I dodge into a square with one tackle zone, but three guys have their TZ on me right now, the game tells me that the dodge modifier is based on the target square, but I don't trust the game...".

President Weasel
12-09-2011, 07:59 PM
if one of those three hypothetical guys have the "tackle" skill, you get -1 to your dodge chance and you dont get to use "dodge" to reroll if you fail. Otherwise, yep.

Jolima
12-09-2011, 08:18 PM
So you ARE disinforming the new guy? :) There's no -1 for tackle just preventing the dodge skill. There's diving tackle (-2 to dodge but you go prone) or prehensile tail (-1 to dodge, but a mutation so much rarer).

President Weasel
12-09-2011, 09:06 PM
WHAT?
This is possibly why I lose so much.

ChainsawHands
12-09-2011, 09:12 PM
The rules (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m780049a_Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf) can be helpful, I find. ;-)

imirk
12-09-2011, 09:12 PM
The rules (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m780049a_Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pdf) can be helpful, I find. ;-)
Hogwash!

ten char

President Weasel
12-09-2011, 09:15 PM
hmm, how do I know they haven't changed the rules for tackle between LRB1 and LRB'the one in my imagination'?
I honestly thought tackle was -1 to dodge away.

Vexing Vision
12-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Generally - you can get away from anything. It doesn't matter how many orcs or dwarfs are staring at you angrily, they usually (mutations/diving tackle are the very, very rare exception) count as a single person you are trying to dodge away from. Indeed, your success at dodging or not is entirely based on your player's agility (an AGI 4 dodges on a 3,4,5 or 6, and AGI 3 dodges on 4,5,6). UNLESS you are dodging INTO the arms of someone else. The more arms (claws, cooking pots) you attempt to dodge into, the more dangerous it gets.
WILLINGLY ENTERING the arms (claws, cooking pots) of as many enemies as you wish is an automatical success. Unless, as listed above, you're attempting to dodge away from someone or something.

Once this clicks, the rest of the game is cake.

LowKey
12-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I try not to think about such things and simply make animal sacrifices of varying size to nuffle as necessary

Jolima
12-09-2011, 09:30 PM
an AGI 4 dodges on a 3,4,5 or 6
And 2.

and AGI 3 dodges on 4,5,6.
And 3.

:P

Rakysh
12-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Also 1s always fail (so 5 ag can still fail a basic dodge) and 6's always succeed (so even if you have like an 8+ roll to make, if you get a six you're golden.) Guess which one happens more.

imirk
12-09-2011, 09:35 PM
And 2.
And 3.

Now we know why you're in Div 1 :P

Screwie
12-09-2011, 09:45 PM
And 2.
And 3.

I was going to say this, but I couldn't remember if it was true or if I was confusing dodging with pick-up rolls :P

Just make all your safe moves before trying anything risky, and shore up your defensive positions before you attack. That and learning the odds will get you through a lot.

imirk
12-09-2011, 09:49 PM
bbtactics.com is also a pretty good resource

Squiz
12-09-2011, 10:06 PM
bbtactics.com is also a pretty good resourceAlready got that covered. :P Thanks anyways.

NieA7
13-09-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm not sure undead are a good team to start out with. They're an excellent team overall but without any ball skills to begin with they can burn through re-rolls pretty fast. I reckon the best team to learn with is human, so long as you don't mind learning the hard way - they can sort of do anything any other team can do, just not quite as well. Once you can master winning games with them you can use the same tactics with other teams, probably with a greater chance of success.

Of course the other good team to start with is dorfs...

Squiz
13-09-2011, 10:42 AM
I guess I will go with Orcs. I've seen a game with Dwarves and I can already tell that I don't like 'em. Orcs may be slow as well but at least they can go somewhere.

alh_p
13-09-2011, 11:40 AM
I guess I will go with Orcs. I've seen a game with Dwarves and I can already tell that I don't like 'em. Orcs may be slow as well but at least they can go somewhere.

I think you're right to pick Orcs. They're solid and fast enough to get down the pitch more than twice a match.

Screwie
13-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Indeed, orcs are a very forgiving team (if you buy enough Team Re-Rolls at the start).

President Weasel
13-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Point of order: I haven't won a single game with Orcs in the Open. I did better than that with Wood Elves last season. To be fair my challenge league orc team is doing fairly well though.

Xercies
13-09-2011, 03:28 PM
I actually was able to learn the game with Humans but that was with the first Blood Bowl which didn't have as much teams in it. The problem with humans is that you kind of have to change your tactics depending on who you are playing and with the amount of races who do different things it can be quite hard in LE.

ChainsawHands
13-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Also, humans suck. Green iz best!

imirk
13-09-2011, 04:07 PM
'ummies taste gud, zombiez is over-did

Gorm
13-09-2011, 04:18 PM
I think Skaven are easiest to learn the game with, always blitz with stormvermin and give the ball to the gutter runners then cross your fingers.

Rakysh
13-09-2011, 04:38 PM
No, da boyz iz da best. Dey can 'it 'ard and 'av dat git at da back oo can pick it up.

onestepfromlost
13-09-2011, 09:05 PM
So me and mombuishi finally got our game done, 1-1 ill try and write up a report once i stop reeling from the nufflehatred i expreienced

President Weasel
13-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Red Skull Reavers (President Weasel, Chaos Mans) vs The Easy Dead (Lowkey, Undead)

At half time in my match against Lowkey I was 1-0 down and staring a probable loss in the face: he'd kicked, I'd spotted the tiniest gap in his lines, cued up two go for its, and watched in horror as I rolled 1, rerolled to 2, 1. The ball landed at the feet of his ghoul and he ran away with it on the way to a touchdown. I'd broken armour a few times but hadn't scored an injury, and the KO'd undeads bounced right back up.
Then Lowkey's power was interrupted, and he couldn't get back into the game. We got Groovy to reset it (historic first use of the R-R result in the spreadsheet, I believe)

what a difference a day makes...

At half time against Lowkey I was 2-0 up, with 11 chaosoids and a spare lined up against 9 undeads, and headed for victory barring a serious case of the Nuffles: He'd kicked, I'd tied up his team, sneaked a ball carrier through and away and scored after blocking a marker off (if memory serves, he'd rolled push on a single dice) I'd kicked, he couldn't quite keep me away from the ball carrier, I'd managed to get the ball down and then Safe Hands Jim Digriz scooped it and ran away. This time I'd had a bit more luck with the armour rolls.
I spent the second half pretty much clearing the field and ran in a touchdown on turn 16 to close the match out 3-0 and win Division D.

A kick in the teeth for Lowkey getting disconnected when he was ahead, and a lucky escape for me - although as he said, who knows how the second half would have turned out?

LowKey
13-09-2011, 10:14 PM
yeah I was very much outclassed for most of the game and with numerous injuries and KO's (think I had three players on the field by the end of the game) I couldnt put up much of a resistance, a well deserved victory sir

JayTee
13-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Despite being not highly recommended for beginners, Khemri are the first team I've coached properly since I played tabletop BB about 15 years ago. The general simplicity of their overall game (You can't pass, catch, pick up the ball, or dodge for crap) means it's quite a nice team to get the basics down. They certainly have taught me a lot about cage making and breaking, and generally I've found I can concentrate more on making sure my team is working rather than worrying about adapting to the other team. The lack of complex rules is also quite nice, and the progression of players is fairly self-evident. They are a bit prone to luck, regen being a right bollocks sometimes, and you don't quite have the flair of a really successful 1-turn TD with insane passing, but the slow shambly-ness and general solidity of the team is quite pleasant. Plus Tomb Guardians tend to be quite scary and bashy, which is nice :)

DarkFenix
13-09-2011, 11:59 PM
The problem with a Tomb Guardian is when it goes down, it goes down hard. Twice the chance of that oh-so-expensive career ender.

ntw
14-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Results validated.

Div5 rolled on, DivD completed - gratz on the promo PW!

ntw
14-09-2011, 12:06 AM
The problem with a Tomb Guardian is when it goes down, it goes down hard. ...<snip>.

{Insert prostitute joke here}

President Weasel
14-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Aw, thanks ntw. I needed a decent amount of luck with the injury dice, as well as a helping hand from the weather gods to reset the match when I was in a bad position, so I can't take too much credit.

I would never recommend Khemri for a starting player; they're too slow and their best ball carrier is worse than most other teams' standard linefodder. I'd say a newer player would be better going for a team that at least has a chance to recover after losing the ball or making a positional error - Khemri are going to get outmanouevred by nearly any other team without skilled positioning.
Admittedly playing Khemri might teach you about the importance of skilled positioning, contingency planning, good caging, and minimising the agility rolls you have to make - but there are other teams that can teach you that without being quite such a challenge to play.

I'd probably recommend undead for a new player - you don't have to deal with a Big Guy with the loner skill, but you do get two of the best "little big guys" in the game. You've got a set of players with fairly well defined jobs - linemooks who are clearly just there to provide assists or tie up better players on the other team, wights for chasing people down and hitting them, ghouls for carrying the ball and being protected (and occasionally chasing people down and hitting them), and mummies for lumbering about the place hurting people.
You've got a smaller set of options than an elf team, where any one of them has a good chance of picking up the ball and passing it to any other one, and any of them has a reasonable chance of dodging. You've got a pretty straightforward gameplan and you know which players do which jobs. And while the mummies and the lineskeletons are horribly slow, the wights and particularly the ghouls have enough movement to give you a decent chance of digging yourself out of a self inficted hole.

LowKey
14-09-2011, 11:45 AM
the wights and particularly the ghouls have enough movement to give you a decent chance of digging yourself out of a self inficted hole.

in theory... :)

President Weasel
14-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Well, firstly not every opponent rolled a surprising number of +MV rolls last time and secondly I can recall at least two occasions you did manage to chase down the runner and get a block on him. One was a push, and the other was a knockdown and you managed to get the ball, although you were horribly outnumbered by then and got pummelled next turn.

JayTee
14-09-2011, 05:51 PM
The problem with a Tomb Guardian is when it goes down, it goes down hard. Twice the chance of that oh-so-expensive career ender.Indeed, in fact my first level 2 TG died :(

Cacamas
14-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Wrapped up my final game with Duff's dark elves. Quite easily the most tactical game I've played yet, with Duff running an excellent cage defence all game, meaning my dwarfs could only hit the pointy-eared ones with blitzes or if a turnover happened due to a failed 2+ dodge. First half was a slow roll to the line with only one occasion where the elves threatened to break the cage. My runner eventually crossed on the final turn, leaving no opportunity for the rookie elves to get a response.

Second half, some careful positioning and blitzing opened an early opportunity for the 5 AG blitzer. He then failed his initial dodge costing a precious re-roll and then decided to fall over on a GFI. What's more, the ball went into touch and came back 2 squares from my runner, which was very nice of Nuffle. Forming a cage, my dwarfs once again rolled ponderously towards the line and, despite Duff's best efforts, finally ran over for the second TD. This left the elves with, once more, a single turn to score which wasn't going to happen with their personnel.

And so the game ended, 2-0 to my doughty dwarfs and my 2nd division win (yay!). Great game Duff, some more levelling on your youngsters and there could've been a very different outcome.

Nullkigan
14-09-2011, 07:17 PM
2-2 vs Xercies. He had some skinks stunty their way to success, and a whole lot of KOs despite my av8 vs his av7 (what? punch a saurus? those things are hard!). I also had some bullshit elf plays work out after a couple of turns of disaster.

Xercies
14-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Damn a draw, but I am happy with what my lizards have done this season. It was close who would win the match I did have to say. Also who knew that sauruses could dodge and pick up the ball.

President Weasel
14-09-2011, 07:30 PM
maybe it was two skinks in a big blue coat and hat? That's actually more likely than a saurus dodging and picking up the ball.

ntw
14-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Few results validated.

groovychainsaw
15-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Just played my final game of the season, my humies versus Potatoedoughnut's necromantics, needing a win to even have a chance of promotion (or even staying up, possibly). And got... a loss, locking me in the demotion spot. My dice in the first 4 turns were pretty dire. After receiving, i had 4 instant turnovers in a row, having burnt all my rerolls trying to prevent these, leaving me on turn 5 with 9 players on the pitch, all stunned, potatoe's ghoul standing on my try-line and my players all on the half-way. Dire, really. I just hit end turn a couple of times as there was nothing I could do. Potatoe had time to run a flesh golem down there, make a hand-off and use him to score the TD, turn 7. He kindly didn't jump up and down on my players whilst they had their rest ;-).

The second half was more even, potatoe receiving, i made it hard, getting into the cage and locking up the pitch until I got the classic double skulls on the ball carrier with my ogre (after an attempted blitz with a blitzer had ended in a push) and a loner fail. This left potatoe with a handoff to his ag4 ghoul, who ran down to the line. A 2 dice against blitz by a catcher was a push, and although i got another player back, it was still a simple 2+ for the touchdown.

I then received, bashed a hole using my ogre as a blitzer (injuring a flesh golem!), threw the catchers deep behind the line, picked up the ball and rumbled up the pitch. Injuries were starting to be scored, all potatoe's regen rolls failed (his main bit of bad luck today) leaving him 4 men down. Eventually, i handed off to a blitzer for my consolation TD, turn 16.

Lots of SPPs from bashing, but still no levels (no levels received at all this season!). I lost one newbie catcher, killed by potatoe, but no great loss as I'm sitting on 220k in cash now so can afford new players :-). Bit fed up with this season in general though, my dice haven't been too bad on the whole, but have really let me down at key points during all 3 games (particularly when using my ogre, who has been generally hopeless, i dont know why i ever put break tackle on him, its failed more times that it's worked so far...:-S). I need to somehow play without making any dice rolls at all. I will spend the time between now and next season figuring out that strategy :-D.

potatoedoughnut
15-09-2011, 01:38 AM
GC and I played our day 3 match in Div 2, his humans vs my necros.

Last time we met we had a great very evenly matched game. Despite a good setup for another good game (TV still very close) this time things were a little....different.

GC won the toss and elected to receive, caged the ball, and hit some stuff resulting in a BH & KO zombie. This is about where things stopped going well for GC. Things started off with GC's sidestep catcher picking up a niggling injury. Then over the next several turns the first roll of the turn was promptly failed which let the undeads swarm the cage and pop the ball out. GC spent most of the rest of the half on the ground while the ball was given to a Flesh Golem for some much needed SPP.

One turn before the half just had some no consequence blocking. At halftime the necros were up 1-0 and receiving. All the KO players came back for both of us (2 each I think).

Nuffle teased a dice comeback with a blitz result on the kickoff, but the kick was into GC's own half so he just blitzed a wolf. There were a couple "normal" turns with the necros pushing a cage up and the humans doing a pretty good job of knocking all the undead down and putting pressure on the cage. They even managed to BH the blodge guard ghoul. About turn 13 a wight blitzed a hole in the middle of the field and a pair of wights and a ghoul made a break up the middle.

At this point nuffle decided to switch back GCs dice and he just rolled pushes on the blitz and got double skulls on his ogre (w/ a loner fail). The necros managed to free the ball and injure a blitzer (-1MV apo'd to just walk it off) before scoring.

Two - nil to the necros with ~3 turns for a consolation. GC caged the ball in his backfield and ran his catchers into position to score. The necros marked up the scoring threats and did what blocking they could. On their turn the humans managed to MNG a flesh golem (!) and a zombie and a warewolf replied by killing a rookie catcher.

On turn 16 GC managed to block a blitzer free then make a handoff and GFI for a consolation touchdown.

Final 2-1 to the necros.

I was a bit disappointed the dice went to poorly for GC. There were some times where some simple 2+ or 3+ with reroll rolls would have put him back in the game, but the dice just didn't let it happen. Sorry about the dice this game GC, I will continue to look forward to the next time our teams meet.

Squiz
15-09-2011, 08:00 AM
So, I am now working on the creation of my team. I've already got the name for my team and some of those for my players. How do you handle differences in TV? I am not very keen on going against teams with a TV considerably higher than mine, to be honest. Is there a general baseline or do you allow teams to gain some experience before they join a Division?

By the way, I wonder if there is a way to have a look at other players' rosters in a given league.

Edit: Ok, the spreadsheet tells me that additional games might be allowed in some situations.

mrpier
15-09-2011, 08:02 AM
My dwarfs secured their promotion to the championship yesterday, with a typical grindy 1-0 victory over Hughtowers woodelves.

First half I decided to kick, once again going for the 2-1 grind. I got a blitz as a kick-off result, but being dwarves there's not much you can do with that unless the ball falls right in front of your men, a blitz on a wardancer just resulted in a pushback. Hughtower suffered a couple of turnovers early, allowing me to be a bit more aggressive than usual, marking several of his elves. Around turn 4 Hughtower saw a weak spot in the middle of my defense and sent a wardancer with the ball through together with a couple of elves as support. He didn't get far enough away fortunately and after a blitz and use of my wizard, the wardancer was down and the ball was free, with several dwarf tackle zones on it. I picked it up next turn and started a cage-grind down the left side of the field. Hughtower played a heroic defense however, losing some of his elves to KO/BH, but I never got the opening I needed to score in the last few turns.

Second half I set up with the deathroller opposite his fearsome treeman, kickoff-result was perfect defense and he got to setup again removing those juicy elf-targets from harms way. I started an eight turn drive up the left side again, dishing out some BH's on the way and crowdsuring two of his linemen, one of which got his third niggling injury. Not much happened until turn 6(?) when he got a one-dice blitz on my ballcarrier with his strip-ball wardancer, downing him in the process and picking up the ball. Next turn I blitzed her away and the ball fell to one of my blitzers, but I was running out of time and not in range of the endzone yet. Some more blocking and I had one last chance to score on my turn eight, blitz away an elf who was marking my only chance of scoring, a blocker, dodge my downed 4AG runner away, pick up the ball, handoff to the blocker and do two GFI's with him. And it worked! 1-0 to Longus Barba.

Thanks for the game Hughtower, you played a very annoying (and good) defense. :-)

Vexing Vision
15-09-2011, 08:18 AM
How do you handle differences in TV? I am not very keen on going against teams with a TV considerably higher than mine, to be honest.

I used to be the same, very much. However, your team will rise and drop based on its performance against other teams. If you constantly beat everyone regardless of their TV, you'll face tougher and tougher opponents (unless they're coming out of a dwarf-killing-spree). If you lose against lower TV teams, you'll find yourself being the high TV team others have to beat.

Inducements actually go a long way to balance things, something I didn't initially believe before winning my first 400k+ game thanks to a lovely Star player and a couple of Babes.

Don't worry about TV. Your team will face what it deserves to face. And dwarfs.

mrpier
15-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Admins - I'll be AFK from this friday to the 24/25th september, the 25th being more likely, I see the season ends the 21st, so I might not be able to apply for the new season as promptly as I like. I've also noticed it takes some time to get new divisions set up, so this might not be a big problem?

President Weasel
15-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Admins - I'll be AFK from this friday to the 24/25th september, the 25th being more likely, I see the season ends the 21st, so I might not be able to apply for the new season as promptly as I like. I've also noticed it takes some time to get new divisions set up, so this might not be a big problem?

PM me your login details and I'll be happy to enter your team into the correct division. I've got a pretty good history in this respect, having never deleted a single minotaur.

So, I am now working on the creation of my team. I've already got the name for my team and some of those for my players. How do you handle differences in TV? I am not very keen on going against teams with a TV considerably higher than mine, to be honest. Is there a general baseline or do you allow teams to gain some experience before they join a Division?

By the way, I wonder if there is a way to have a look at other players' rosters in a given league.

Edit: Ok, the spreadsheet tells me that additional games might be allowed in some situations.

You can look at other players' teams, I believe, by searching coach names in the community section of the Cyanide game.
Generally, everyone enters the divisions with a 1000TV team. You enter the league at the bottom, with other new players and any players who are rerolling to a new team, so you are likely to be up against teams with similar team values. In the unlikely event that every other team in your starting division has a noticeably higher team value than you, you might be allowed a day to play a couple of matches to get your TV up - but that would be at the discretion of the league admin, and things move pretty fast around the start of the season as Groovy tries to herd all of the cats into the boxes.

You also get inducements from the game when you line up against teams with higher team values: petty cash to spend on such things as increased chance of waking up from KOs, an extra apoc or reroll for the match, a wizard, mercenary players or unique star players.

Vexing Vision
15-09-2011, 09:15 AM
PM me your login details and I'll be happy to enter your team into the correct division. I've got a pretty good history in this respect, having never deleted a single minotaur.

I can confirm this. My Amazons have never lost a single minotaur due to President Weasel.

Squiz
15-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Alright, thanks for the replies. I'm not too worried about tiny differences but I've seen what some teams can do with just a few skills ahead of their enemies. Most likely I won't encounter this situation anyways and if I do I'll see what the outcomes are.

mrpier
15-09-2011, 09:37 AM

Yeah, I might take you up on that.

Xercies
15-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Yeah TV is never really a problem a lot of times I have lost to the lower TV army because of inducements and because they were better at the army they had chosen.

ntw
15-09-2011, 12:14 PM
@ Squirrel - smart use of inducement cash is a whole minigame in itself, with tactics and strategies you can use. Although as PW said above, we will *try* to ensure anyone entering a new team is not left too far behind in their first season. However herding cats into boxes can be a *very* demanding task, especially with people leaving and joining all the time and consequently the Divs frequently requiring last minute adjustments, so there's a slim chance you may be "stuck" with a vanilla 1k TV team. Having said that some of the starting teams have a good scattering of skills and can be very competitive from the start. Just had a quick look and I can't see your details on the Spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0VreXc&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=24), so I'll just remind you what they say - "book early to avoid disappointment".

@ mrpier - as you observed, the Divs to tend to take a few days while the cat-boxing takes place. However we try to fill from the top down and since you've just been promoted to the Championship, you may want to use PW's "services" (no, not those services).

...on which subject, I've just realised I'm away from 22nd to 29th Sept (Marrakesh for a family wedding B) ), so I may also need to ensure my blackmail material on PW is up-to-date and ask him to sort my team out.

ntw
15-09-2011, 12:27 PM
...by extension I'll not be around to approve requests to join the discussion group (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4), which is the *only* place we admins check to see whose fault a defaulted match is.

Can anyone playing next season and NOT already in the group please apply ASAP.

Vexing Vision
15-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Can you hand over or share admin powers to the group thing? I don't have much time for actual in-game admin work, but since a part of my job is to read gaming forums anyway, I'll happily click on the occasional approve button for any forum-related issues.

President Weasel
15-09-2011, 12:36 PM
I am nigh-unblackmailable due to airing all my dirty laundry in public, but I shall be happy to enter your team for you (fnerk) and leave them exactly as I found them (so their eventual destruction at the hands of my chaos team, once I mastery the intricacies of the game - are you sure tackle doesn't give you -1 to dodge away?- shall be all the sweeter)

ntw
15-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Can you hand over or share admin powers to the group thing? I don't have much time for actual in-game admin work, but since a part of my job is to read gaming forums anyway, I'll happily click on the occasional approve button for any forum-related issues.

I can basically transfer ownership of the group. I'll look into that and discuss it with our 'Benevolent' Dictator.

Also - "a part of my job is to read gaming forums anyway".../jealous!

DarkFenix
15-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Tackle merely negates dodge, diving tackle gives a one off -2 to dodge, prehensile tail a -1 every time.

Squiz
15-09-2011, 02:43 PM
I have now applied with a new (Orc) team, The Pastry Pushers, and entered my details into the spreadsheet. Hope that everything is in order this way, if not - please let me know. As I said earlier, I probably will be away on holidays from 10.-21.October, so time might get a little bit tight for me during my first season. Also please note that the team only exists in my head as of now, I will create and name the bunch tonight (probably). Same applies to joining the Steam and the RPS group. Cheers!

ChainsawHands
15-09-2011, 02:50 PM
I'd just like to note that this thread is currently on page 69, dude.

ntw
15-09-2011, 02:55 PM
I have now applied with a new (Orc) team, The Pastry Pushers, and entered my details into the spreadsheet. Hope that everything is in order this way, if not - please let me know. As I said earlier, I probably will be away on holidays from 10.-21.October, so time might get a little bit tight for me during my first season. Also please note that the team only exists in my head as of now, I will create and name the bunch tonight (probably). Same applies to joining the Steam and the RPS group. Cheers!

Bear in mind that you are currently 4th in the list of rejoining and new players, therefore if one of the returning players changes his team to Orcs, I'm afraid you'll have to choose a new team*. It's a very slim possibility, and we'd hope the other players would be open to reasonable negotiation, but it may happen.
Also, I've 'tidied' your app on the sheet :)

* Detailed explanation - we are limiting the league to 5 of each race maximum, you're currently the 5th Orc behind Grinn as the 4th Orc, but if either of the two returning players were to decide to play Orcs, then they would claim the 4th spot pushing Grinn into the 5th and you into 6th

Squiz
15-09-2011, 02:55 PM
All hail Slaneesh!
Bear in mind that you are currently 4th in the list of rejoining and new players, therefore if one of the returning players changes his team to Orcs, I'm afraid you'll have to choose a new team*. I've 'tidied' your app on the sheet :)
* Detailed explanation - we are limiting the league to 5 of each race maximum, you're currently the 5th Orc behind Grinn as the 4th Orc, but if either of the two returning players were to decide to play Orcs, then they would claim the 4th spot pushing Grinn into the 5th and you into 6th

Yeah, whatever, that's alright with me.

ntw
15-09-2011, 02:56 PM

Whoa, Dude!

Vexing Vision
15-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Also - "a part of my job is to read gaming forums anyway".../jealous!

Well, one of the other parts consists of phoning Korean people who can't speak a word of English. Nothing to be jealous about.

Also, page 35 for me. I am either lagging behind, or am more efficent. I leave this up to you people to decide.

Squiz
15-09-2011, 04:25 PM
It's efficient lagging.

HughTower
15-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah, thanks for the game right back atcha, Mr Pier, it was definitely one for purists!

I had a doh! moment after we finished though. I should have put WD on the touchline when she'd nicked it off you so it'd fall into touch when you blitzed back. It was that sort of game - desperate measures required from the battered Dancers.

That said, I don't think I'd be able to take a position in the next league; I'm on hols for the first two weeks of October. GC - what do I need to do? I'd like to keep the Dancers going, but presumably can't 'hold' my position in the DoD.

Ta, most benevolent and lavender-scented one.

cwoac
15-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Woo! 2-0 vs mootpoint's halflings make it 2-0,2-0,2-0. Definately my best league yet. No heads this match, and the last was only possible due to an interception on his last turn by a were in range of a double GFI of the line, but hey, I'm not complaining. Roll on next season.

President Weasel
15-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Yeah, thanks for the game right back atcha, Mr Pier, it was definitely one for purists!

I had a doh! moment after we finished though. I should have put WD on the touchline when she'd nicked it off you so it'd fall into touch when you blitzed back. It was that sort of game - desperate measures required from the battered Dancers.

That said, I don't think I'd be able to take a position in the next league; I'm on hols for the first two weeks of October. GC - what do I need to do? I'd like to keep the Dancers going, but presumably can't 'hold' my position in the DoD.

Ta, most benevolent and lavender-scented one.

You're fairly high up in the league; might I suggest you apply and then concede all three matches and drop down a division for next season rather than starting at the bottom? It seems fairer than only conceding 2 then making "unlucky third" work for his result - although if you can get back in time for week 2 I'd say play your two matches.

mootpoint
15-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Woo! 2-0 vs mootpoint's halflings make it 2-0,2-0,2-0. Definately my best league yet. No heads this match, and the last was only possible due to an interception on his last turn by a were in range of a double GFI of the line, but hey, I'm not complaining. Roll on next season.
Yep, beat fair and square, with the cubical things adorned with iconographies turning up an annoying amount of those yellow bashy things. Jaimie Olive is now AV 5 which should be enticing enough for all you hungry violent people :) I'm actually very pleased with the season all in all, two draws and two goals isn't that bad for a noob(ish) halfling coach I'd say.

mootpoint
15-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Oh, may I propose that the BBManager "Day" setting for replays are standardised to Season * 3 + Day for S13 (first day would be day 40 then)? That would make it a lot easier to find the latest games.

Zoraster
15-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Personally I'd suggest you just leave the day blank, then it defaults to date with most recent first anyway. Trouble is everyone who has already entered games would need to edit them. Still it is easy enough to reorder the list by date and I expect easier than trying to enforce any naming convention.

Moot if you ever want to discuss any fling strategy issues feel free to give me a prod. They've been a regular race of mine for some time so I'm not bad with them.

KayD
15-09-2011, 09:47 PM
2-1 to Alistair Hutton!

After losing another 3 players(7 in 3 games!) I'm going to call it a day. Thanks to the admins for running the league and thanks to Alistair for the game was fun :) In an S&M kind of way?

Alistair Hutton
15-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Altdorf Army 2 - 1 Mice to see you

The army had but one thought, to atone for their grievous tactical error against ntw and to give themselves as much chance as possible of topping the group. They knew only one way how - smashing as many rats as they could get their hands on. Mie to see you had a cunning counter tactic - quickly getting a player sent off on the first turn to stop the Army injuring him. It was a wise precaution from the player as Skaven after Skaven went down under the onsalught. To be fair though three of them went down bouncing off of Altdorfian armour and one from failing to dodge. But the principle was sound.

After Altdorf kicked the Mice ran the ball down the pitch but high risk aggressive defence kept putting the ball on the floor but left the Army without any rerolls with a quarter of the match gone. The mice tried one last push down the left hand touchline but coughed up the ball at the feet of a human thrower. this left the Army in a terrible quandary, the rats still had plenty of Gutter Runners on their feet and in scoring range. It was highly likely that the Army could plonk enough bodies over the ball for the two turns till half-time and then receive in the second half to grind out a 1-0 victory.

But that's not how the Army rolls. The ball was scooped up and lobbed to an upfield Blitzer who raced down the touchline, his comrades in heavily spiked shoulder pads tying up as many of the opposition cheese eaters as they could get a tackle zone on. The rats tried to scramble back a defender but fell over and the Army ran in the TD as the last action of the half.

Into the second half and the Army received, deliver a series of blocks about as punishing as a soggy cornflake (until yet another Skaven was BH'd) and then fumbled the ball pickup. With the Army committed to the left and the backfield wide open some gutter runners plunged forward, only to trip at the crucial moment. The Armies star thrower successfully picked up the ball at the seocnd attempt, ran up field and setna picture perfect pass to the start catcher. The Army put enough players around him in a loose cage to stop a suicide blitz on him and tied up any threats that could run back. A brave Gutter Runner blitzed the other catcher making up the cage corner, smashing him to the ground and giving him -AV (successfully Apthed for pretty much the first time ever) and opened up the oppertunity for another gutter Runner to put a TZ on the ball carrier. The Gutter runner fell over. It was at this point that Nuffles hatered of KayD was confirmed.

With plenty of time remaining KayD set up the Mice to receive but failed to put anyone back to actually pick up the ball. There then follwed a deadly game of cat and mouse as my catcher shadowed his gutter runner around the pitch throwing blocks. I cought him in a trap eventually when a wrestle player took him down, only for the ball to fall penatly into the hands on an unmarked gutter runner. Enough of a gap was left for the Gutter runner to go wide right whilst other rats tied up my defenders for the GR to get the consolation touch down on turn 16.

Absolute carnage for KayD, I think 6 players dead or injured by the end. He took it with remarkably good grace.

President Weasel
15-09-2011, 10:04 PM
that sounds like almost Dwarf Fortress levels of "fun" - but might I suggest coming back with a less breaky team than skaven, and giving it another season before deciding to stay or go? I'm always sorry to see someone leave.

imirk
15-09-2011, 10:05 PM
2-1 to Alistair Hutton!

After losing another 3 players(7 in 3 games!) I'm going to call it a day. Thanks to the admins for running the league and thanks to Alistair for the game was fun :) In an S&M kind of way?
Its a man eat rat world out there, are you re-rolling with a new (higher AV?) team?

ntw
15-09-2011, 11:18 PM
@KayD - it'd be a shame to lose you, I'd second the recommendation of trying a less fragile team.

@ Ali H - I think I already had/have the Div sewn up, at the best you can/have tied me on points, but I beat you when we played giving me the advantage.

Alistair Hutton
16-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Oh man, you mean I smashed KayD's players, ground them into the dirt with my heel and then spat in their faces and gathered vast quantities of SPPs for nothing?

That's not how it work in the NFLs!

Squiz
16-09-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm fully moved! I'd love to join up for next season but I won't mess with my status on the sheet until the 21st. I'll be keeping tabs on the thread in the event anything changes before then.
Since DarkWeeble (who has a reserved slot for his Orcs) announced that he would like to return to the Divisions in the next round, I'm retracting my application for an Orc team. I'll possibly apply with another team.

Vexing Vision
16-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Dear Mice-Sir, you are not allowed to quit.

If needs be, we'll have a long, good talk with each other, at the end of which you'll meekly reapply with a little bit sturdier line-up.

Amazons, for example.

ntw
16-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Dear Mice-Sir, you are not allowed to quit.

If needs be, we'll have a long, good talk with each other, at the end of which you'll meekly reapply with a little bit sturdier line-up.

Amazons, for example.

Halflings all the way!

Squiz
16-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Edit: Nevermind.

ntw
16-09-2011, 03:48 PM

Ooh, you tease!

ChainsawHands
16-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Edit: Nevermind.Oh well, whatever.

Squiz
16-09-2011, 04:11 PM
:) I just had a routine brain shutdown while browsing the thread and posted irrelevant stuff. Sorry folks, nothing to see here.

Edit: ... ;) This time it'll work. How long before the start of the new season do the returning players have to announce if they participate again and which teams they choose? I would love to get some preparation time if I actually join in on the fun.

imirk
16-09-2011, 04:13 PM

Ahh, so that is how they faked the moon landing.

President Weasel
16-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't believe you have addressed the issue of your returning with a more durable team, youmirk.

imirk
16-09-2011, 04:29 PM
What? I've got crappy (but {supposedly, I've had 3 killed in 6 games} durable) orcs that I can't seem to score with. KayD is thinking about/has abandoned the kruchy rat-mans

Squiz
16-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Seriously, Orcs are so tender and frail, it's not even funny.

Edit: One post ahead of imirk. Haha. And in the thread!

imirk
16-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Edit: ... ;) This time it'll work. How long before the start of the new season do the returning players have to announce if they participate again and which teams they choose? I would love to get some preparation time if I actually join in on the fun.

there is typically about a week between seasons and rerollers have to announce before the end of the current season I think.

And prepare for the new season? is that what the kids are calling getting shitfaced drunk these days?

President Weasel
16-09-2011, 05:11 PM
What? I've got crappy (but {supposedly, I've had 3 killed in 6 games} durable) orcs that I can't seem to score with. KayD is thinking about/has abandoned the kruchy rat-mans

Oh, reading back I see you are entirely correct and I was wildly wrong. A first!
I am glad you are not leaving :)

Vexing Vision
17-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Alright, my game vs iNinja in Division 3 started very much like the last one - despite severe router-magicks and firewall-working, we remained inable to establish a proper game-approved connection and will retry tomorrow.

*sighs*

Alistair Hutton
18-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Finally got Block on my Ogre. Woot.

Vexing Vision
18-09-2011, 06:04 PM
In what looked like a great start for the Sirens in their re-rematch versus INinja's Rakish Rodents, the Amazons elected to receive to take out as many of the Gutter Runners as possible before the Rat's turn. Instead, turn 1 casualties saw a knocked out Stormvermin and already a visible strong field dominance for the girls.

Turn 2 and 3 moved the Amazon's cage slowly over the left flank, KOing and stunning rats left and right. Both teams played very aggressively, trying to make up for the disappointing 0-0 of last Division's final, but the girls proved to be slightly more resilient, refusing to be knocked over.

However, the sneaky Skaven duplicated their last match's trick by befuddling referee and local wizards, and the whole stadium disappeared - again - at the end of turn four in the void of connectivity.

Fearful of the repercussions of Gods and other universal entities, both Coaches agreed to prevent any further calamities and call it a 0-0 draw.

Apparently, it's impossible for iNinja and me to play a full game. All five attempts so far have been ridiculed with disconnects and general connection errors. I suppose all future matches between us two are an automatic 0-0.... if one of you fine, fine admins could change the result in div 3, that'd be appreciated.

INinja132
18-09-2011, 06:07 PM
I can confirm that this is the case. I'm sure, however that the Amazons used their feminine wiles to convince Nuffle to cancel the match before the heroic Skaven completely battered them. Alas, we'll never know the truth.

Vexing Vision
18-09-2011, 06:17 PM
To avoid confusion for el admins, I entered the result as C vs C (for Connection Crap). Feel free to change that to whatever.

Screwie
18-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks to Smaug for that beautiful slaughter :) When it was all said and done both sides had 4 injuries, although my team managed to mainly get away with the temporary stuff while a couple of the norsemen might have contracted the career-threatening kind. Oh yeah, and one of my goblins died - but it was brilliant!

Quick highlights edition:

Brolaf Bridage (Norse, Smaug) vs Bloody Gobbos (Gobbos, me)

The goblins took the lead with a turn 4 touchdown, the little guys proving too slippery for the barbarians (I was surprised to find not one Tackle skill on the team).

0 - 1

The norse respond strong, finally finding the Pow and BD sides of the dice and using them well.
One of the first Gobbos to fall is my AG 4 Gobbo with -1 AV after a former injury. Well, that's now -2 AV!
The looney Gettim clocks up two nasty injuries on the norsemen before he knocks himself out with his chainsaw.
Desperate to stop the norse advance, the goblin called Slapbox orders one of the trolls to hurl him downfield. The troll eats him instead. R.I.P. Slapbox.
The Brolafs equalise to end the half.

1 - 1

In the second half, the bombardier Fetch manages to injure another Bro with some fantastic pitching, especially with the creepy aura of the yhetee on him.
The Bridage thinned the numbers with several KOs, and the injuries (and sendings off) on both sides have stripped the pitch to just 5 (Gobbos) vs 7 (Brolafs).
The Brolaf runner parked himself in the end zone, content to wait out the half and score at the last. The Gobbos weren't laying down for that though and tried several attempts to pressure him over the line - at which point they would recover their KO'd team mates (with 2 Babes in the dugout, they better) and once more outnumber the dwindling norse.
Alas with no TRRs left, every one of the Gobbos' sneaky ploys fell short and in their final turn, the Brolaf swaggered across the line to secure the win.

Final Score 2 - 1

But wait!

The goblins have one more turn!

The ball is kicked - the cheering fans give the Gobbos another TRR! - and it lands off field! The ball is hastily shoved into the hands of the Gobbos' other, less fragile AG 4 goblin. An adjacent troll grabs him and hurls him downfield... it's even roughly on target. The landing swallows the TRR, leaving the Gobbo in open ground with 1 GFI to make it across the line.

He does it!

Actual Final Score 2 - 2

I dance, like an idiot, in the privacy of my own bedroom.

mombiushibachi
19-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Hey hey I'm pulling out from next season guys, thanks admin people and people I've played against... (people I've lost to not so much!)

ntw
19-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Chaps,

Season 12 is drawing to a close, we've a few leavers (bye, hope you enjoyed yourselves, you're welcome to return some other time), a few (?) joiners (hi guys, not long to go now, everybody ready and excited to start?) and a few returning from the wasteland (wb guys).

One or two minor queries though - SquirrelFanatic and Nectar are you joining us? Dragon are you returning? We also have the following players listed as inactive - are any of you planning on reappearing in an Elvis-eqsue 'the King is alive' fashion?
unitled Gorm Copper8642 Meatloaf sinister agent Maehay SoulPride TenjouUtena Schaulustiger DarkWeeble Daave Machinations Elesium Khryses McDan Drake Sigar Flanks ChIpStIcK Curvespace

Finally please remember to apply to the discussion group (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4)ASAP if you're planning to be around next season.

LowKey
19-09-2011, 03:28 PM
I know gorm is currently doing his wasteland tour of the peoples republic so i am not sure if he has access to the internet at the moment, i know he will want to get back into the DoD when he gets back to the UK but I am not sure if he will be back in time for the start of the next season - hope that incredibly vague statement was useful!

Schizoslayer
19-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Hello! I would like to make the Blood Bowls with you all.

Steam ID is Schizoslayer, CoachID is SquidInAbox and I would very much like to be playing as Amazons (which it seems is ok according to the spreadsheet).

I'm free just about anytime after 10am GMT all the way up to about midnight. I'm also interested in playing some friendlies with non-league teams if anybody is up for it.

ntw
19-09-2011, 04:29 PM
{snip}... I'm also interested in playing some friendlies with non-league teams if anybody is up for it.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?147-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Challenge-League , also hang around in the RPS BB steam chatroom.

Also, tweaked your details on the sheet - 'cos that's what I do ;)

Alethron
19-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Hey guys, sorry I've been absent, this lack of Internet has been far worse than expected and will now go on till the 6th of oct. I've managed to arrange to install BB at a gaming cafe so I can at least get my final game in if possible.

Nullkigan
19-09-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm moving at the end of the week but the internet is already set up at my destination. Please forgive any delays this causes in my division application!

Rakysh
19-09-2011, 05:11 PM
The boys will be serving duty as fist decoration this season, if that's ok?

Gorm
19-09-2011, 06:51 PM
I wont be back until October, so i will sit out one more season. After that i'll jump right back in with my vamps.

Squiz
19-09-2011, 07:02 PM
I am tempted to switch from Orcs (taken) to Elves, but then again I haven't managed to play ANY games yet, so I'll probably join you in October. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

ntw
19-09-2011, 09:20 PM
I am tempted to switch from Orcs (taken) to Elves, but then again I haven't managed to play ANY games yet, so I'll probably join you in October. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

join this season anyway - baptism of fire and all that ;)

Alistair Hutton
19-09-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't believe it, I lierally dreamed that I gave Block to my Ogre. Literally dreamt. He's got Stand Firm, I didn't roll a double.

Sigh.

ChainsawHands
19-09-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't believe it, I lierally dreamed that I gave Block to my Ogre. Literally dreamt. He's got Stand Firm, I didn't roll a double.

Sigh.*applause*

imirk
19-09-2011, 10:11 PM
who need reliability on an ogre team?

darkweeble
20-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Alright I see that Orcs seem to be a popular pick for new guys so I'm willing to retire my Ground Porc team and pick up a new Ogre team. I'd like to give the new guys a shot and I'm willing to get my ass handed to me. I don't have a name/theme yet, but as soon as I get it I'll edit the spreadsheet.

groovychainsaw
20-09-2011, 08:59 AM
I was going to pop in and remind everyone to update the spreadsheet if they are leaving/joining/returning/changing teams (its extra-appreciated if you are leaving, particularly!), but i went in there and it all looks up to date. So.... well done chaps, keep up the good work ;-)

@Darkweeble - Our first ever ogre player in the divisions eh? As an experienced ogre coach myself, I will say this, prepare for one or two truly awful games :-). Still, when it goes well, it goes well. If you get some doubles you might do ok. Lack of block and tackle on singles in the whole team is a bit of a killer, but the snots are some of the most annoying players in the game. I went 1-2-7 in the open this season, which is a record I'm reasonably proud of against 1800TV teams. One turn touchdowns can get you back in contention surprisingly quickly :-).

SEASON OFFICIALLY ENDS TOMORROW CHAPS! ANYONE LOOKING FOR EXTENSIONS? 8 GAMES ARE OUTSTANDING... :-)

Indefatigible Snoozer
20-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Arnisaurus and I should be playing tonight.

ChainsawHands
20-09-2011, 11:43 AM
alh_p and I are on for tomorrow night.

DarkFenix
20-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Should be playing onestep tonight, he's been around in the forum group, but Steam says he's not been on for 4 days now. I seem to be getting all the guys in my division this season who have a single small time slot right at the end of the time bracket.

ntw
20-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Hoping to play CombatBunneh either tonight or tomorrow night. If we don't get it in before the deadline we'll have to take the 0-0 draw I guess, since I'll be in Marrakesh after that

B)

NieA7
20-09-2011, 12:19 PM
boots468 and I should be playing tonight.

mootpoint
20-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Personally I'd suggest you just leave the day blank, then it defaults to date with most recent first anyway. Trouble is everyone who has already entered games would need to edit them. Still it is easy enough to reorder the list by date and I expect easier than trying to enforce any naming convention.
Yeah, I don't see much enthusiasm for my idea, but regarding editing I was thinking that the past should remain the past, and thus only new games be numbered in the new way.

Moot if you ever want to discuss any fling strategy issues feel free to give me a prod. They've been a regular race of mine for some time so I'm not bad with them.
Thanks! Don't mind if I do, that would help me formulate the problems I have as well :)

Alistair Hutton
20-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Hoping to play CombatBunneh either tonight or tomorrow night. If we don't get it in before the deadline we'll have to take the 0-0 draw I guess, since I'll be in Marrakesh after that

B)

Clearly it should be a 2-0 loss agsinst you with a match point deduction for tardiness. Never has a UN-led investigation into the habits of the admins been more necessary.

ChainsawHands
20-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Clearly it should be a 2-0 loss agsinst you with a match point deduction for tardiness. Never has a UN-led investigation into the habits of the admins been more necessary.Absolutely! I heard one time one of the admins claimed to have block on his ogre... but it was actually stand firm!

ntw
20-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Absolutely! I heard one time one of the admins claimed to have block on his ogre... but it was actually stand firm!

cowboys, the lot of 'em!

boots468
20-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Mine and NieA7's laggy game finally gave up in turn 16, with him 3-1 up and me recieving. Is it possible to keep that scoreline and make sure we both get our SPP?

NieA7
20-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Ugh, just got disconnected from my match with boots468 right at the end. We had one turn left each, I'd just kicked off to him and was winning 3-1. No idea who the game will say got disconnected. Not sure if I'll have the time to replay either, I'll be pretty busy from tomorrow (in-laws are coming). I'd finally managed to level up my tardy wight too >.<

Actually most my games of BB are pretty laggy so it's probably something wrong at my end. No idea what though, other online games seem to be OK - is there anything I should be checking in particular?

duff
20-09-2011, 09:32 PM
ANYONE LOOKING FOR EXTENSIONS? Go on then I'll have a couple of inches extra. I'll get my coat.

imirk
20-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Go on then I'll have a couple of inches extra. I'll get my coat.
Do you dress left?

President Weasel
20-09-2011, 10:19 PM
other online games seem to be OK - is there anything I should be checking in particular?

Ports? Basically check if blood bowl is allowed to use port 16962 on your firewall, and set up port forwarding to your PC for that port.
(Simpleportforwarding.com has a guide on doing that, although I don't think their guide to doing it manually is on their front page any longer, so you might need to look around a bit).

Other than ports, I have no idea - BB uses less resources than most games I play, and happily plays on one monitor while I watch the iplayer or the Videolan player on the other one.

You're not running torrents at the same time and getting throttled?
Do you run antivirus software? If so, is it relatively good, relatively low-resource av like eset or (surprisingly) microsoft security essentials, or is it terrible ineffective pointless bloatware like Macafee or Norton? If the latter, try running the game with your AV disabled (then uninstall the bad antivirus and get MSE). If the former, I give up. If "none" then get MSE? It's free and people I trust say it's far less terrible than Norton.

Squiz
20-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Eh, I don't know if this is the best idea but I'll try to sneak in my Humans if applications are still getting accepted.

And ports. Oh man, I hope no serious port forwarding is required. I've got a pretty gruesome router to sit behind.

Edit: Re-entered my details into the sheet. I guess I have to wait now for the Division to start?

Indefatigible Snoozer
20-09-2011, 10:48 PM
1 - 1 draw between me and Arni in Div B. Sheet has been updated.

ntw
21-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Mine and NieA7's laggy game finally gave up in turn 16, with him 3-1 up and me recieving. Is it possible to keep that scoreline and make sure we both get our SPP?

Your match has been reset (someone got to it before me!), unfortunately there was no way to keep the SPPs.

ntw
21-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Eh, I don't know if this is the best idea but I'll try to sneak in my Humans if applications are still getting accepted.

And ports. Oh man, I hope no serious port forwarding is required. I've got a pretty gruesome router to sit behind.

Edit: Re-entered my details into the sheet. I guess I have to wait now for the Division to start?

Yup, the last few matches should be wrapping up any day now and then GC should be herding the cats into boxes. If you haven't checked out the "new & improved quickstart rules" on the sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0VreXc&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=8) then I suggest *everyone* has a quick look. Also another reminder to apply to the discussion group (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4).

ntw
21-09-2011, 12:14 AM
finally, disastrous 0-1 result for me vs CombatBunneh.

He deserved the win completely, but the dice still took every opportunity to shit on me.

imirk
21-09-2011, 12:25 AM
perhaps they were dice made out of turds...

NieA7
21-09-2011, 12:58 AM
Your match has been reset (someone got to it before me!), unfortunately there was no way to keep the SPPs.

Bleh, I was worried that'd be the case. I doubt I'll be able to play again before Friday afternoon (I might have some spare time before then but I doubt it, and even if I do there's no guarantee boots will be free too), is that too long for an extension? The result of our game won't affect who gets promoted, though it will decide 2, 3 and 4. Barring a riot there wasn't enough time for either of us to score again in the match but it'd be nice to get the SPPs if possible, and I'm sure boots would like his too (play a fixed game against an admin before the next season or something). Should be able to dig out the replay if needed.

Ports? Basically check if blood bowl is allowed to use port 16962 on your firewall, and set up port forwarding to your PC for that port.
(Simpleportforwarding.com has a guide on doing that, although I don't think their guide to doing it manually is on their front page any longer, so you might need to look around a bit).

At the moment I've not got port forwarding set up, UPnP on the router should be dealing with it. I'll look into it later when I'm a bit more awake, hopefully it'll make a difference. Other than that I'm not running torrents though other people are using the connection for browsing at the same time as me. I've got AdAware, ClamWin, ZoneAlarm and MSE doing their thing, none of which are screwing up my bandwidth as far as I can tell (certainly not AdAware or ClamWin as I've turned off the auto-updates). Of course having said my connection's good I've been lagging out of Guild Wars all evening for the first time in ages, might be time to change ISP after all.

sinister agent
21-09-2011, 06:46 AM
If you're having problems connecting with BB but everything is set up properly and you and your opponent have no problems with anything else, you're not alone. BB is flaky as hell, it's a goddamn nuisance. Sometimes it just refuses to connect for a while for no reason. Coming back later works at times, at others it doesn't. It is quite annoying.

If you do find some piece of magic that fixes it, though, please do share.

Squiz
21-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Created my team last night, ready to apply to a Division. Out of curiosity: Has anybody ever had problems with the skin/shape customisation of your players? All of the shapes appeared to be the same for me. Skin/hair colour was fine though. However, this resulted in a lot of bearded men on my team so I guess this is something positive after all.

groovychainsaw
21-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Boots + niea7, even if it's reset, we can still set the score. It's likely to randomly assign the spps, but unless I hear otherwise I'll set the score back to 3-1 tonight...

Xercies
21-09-2011, 11:19 AM
All of the shapes appeared to be the same for me.

Yeah Blood Bowl isn't that great for body types or really any decent customisation options to be honest.

Alethron
21-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Oh god, I didn't even realise that the season ends tomorrow, gah. I can actually play my final game, if an extension can be granted. When are you hoping to get the next season started?

DarkFenix
21-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Well given all the faffing about that a new season entails, with various people going incommunicado, as soon as possible (one, maybe two days tops to get games played). I'm yet to get my last game played too, it got arranged, then my opponent went AWOL. I'm hoping he shows up.

NieA7
21-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Boots + niea7, even if it's reset, we can still set the score. It's likely to randomly assign the spps, but unless I hear otherwise I'll set the score back to 3-1 tonight...

Well I'm OK with the score, but then again I was winning so really it's up to boots. We'd both got 1 casualty too if you can set that somehow.

There's something just not right about that wight, plays 8 games and only gets 2 SPPs then scores 2 TDs in one game that promptly dies on the final turn. Must've been an elf in a past life or something, he's come back with a grudge.

boots468
21-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Yes, the score deserves to be recorded as 3-1 to NieA7.

ChainsawHands
21-09-2011, 10:24 PM
And that's Division A finished, with the depleted chaos forces of alh_p's World Beaters of Khorne losing 3-1 to Elf Harm, giving the pointy-eared little bastards their first win of the season. They even came out of it with no long-term injuries (a dead thrower in the first half being uncharacteristically saved by the apothecary), and left the World Beater's minotaur out for the next match (better than the -ST he originally rolled).

Thanks to alh_p for the game.

alh_p
22-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Yep, crowning my most appaling season in the divisions yet, Chainsawhands beat me 3-1. I'm also ashamed to say I only scored becasue of a premature turnover in 'hands turn followed up by a wizard strike and 2 GFIs -i.e. not a textbook rolling cage or daring feat of chaos-ness.

I also played pretty badly. My mino, now +tentacles is a roadblock. What do i do in my first turn of the match? blitz, and remove the roadblock -nevermind that he went down on a BD...

'Hands has a nice team, well leveled and some interesting specialist players (10MV! catcher). I only felt the ball was ever really safe in the hands of a blodging CW -these are ELVES for christs' sake.

I think I'll try one more season with the chaos and we'll see from there whether I try a new team. They should of course be starting to fire on all cylinders right now and the fault is definitely with me for not being prepared. I've not been playing enough BB recently -too much other stuff.

ChainsawHands
22-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I've been very lucky with stat increases. That was the first game I'd won this season: it was also the first game where I'd had an AG5 player, another AG5 player with MV10, and a ST4 player with leap. Coincidence?

President Weasel
22-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Yep, crowning my most appaling season in the divisions yet, Chainsawhands beat me 3-1. I'm also ashamed to say I only scored becasue of a premature turnover in 'hands turn followed up by a wizard strike and 2 GFIs -i.e. not a textbook rolling cage or daring feat of chaos-ness.

I also played pretty badly. My mino, now +tentacles is a roadblock. What do i do in my first turn of the match? blitz, and remove the roadblock -nevermind that he went down on a BD...

'Hands has a nice team, well leveled and some interesting specialist players (10MV! catcher). I only felt the ball was ever really safe in the hands of a blodging CW -these are ELVES for christs' sake.

I think I'll try one more season with the chaos and we'll see from there whether I try a new team. They should of course be starting to fire on all cylinders right now and the fault is definitely with me for not being prepared. I've not been playing enough BB recently -too much other stuff.

I wouldn't use a mino as a roadblock, I use him as a threat - I stand him behind my lines ready to blitz the first player dumb enough to break through. I don't want him in base contact, and I don't want him heading into heavy enemy traffic until he's already removed a couple of players and I have the numbers advantage and can support him*. He has AV8 and no block; leaving him in base contact unless you have a good local numbers advantage is an invitation to get supports, knock him down, and foul the hell out of him.
The first skill I would always, always give a mino would be juggernaught (unless I got really lucky and got block).

(*yeah, I always screw this part up due to poor impulse control, and just head him straight into enemy territory to try and maim the most expensive player I can reach. But the theory's good, assuming basic competence on the player's part)

Screwie
22-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I treat Minotaurs exactly the same way, PW (except I'd take Pro over Block on a double).

Jolima
22-09-2011, 07:15 PM
I've gone for Tentacles on the Mino in my Chaos team as well. I just hate the risk of wasting the blitz on wild animal. But then I'm not a fan of Big Guy's in the first place...

potatoedoughnut
22-09-2011, 07:38 PM
I prefer the tentacles/stand firm roadblock type mino to the juggernaut/claw death mino. Wild animal doesn't lose tackle zones so tentacles still does something if that fails, while if you fail a WA on a blitz you're out of luck.

President Weasel
22-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Ah, but Wild Animal is so much less likely to fail when you blitz! I tell you, Minotaurs are made for blitzing, not for stand-up, knock-down, drag-out punchenating matches. That's what you have chaos warriors and their half-plate, half-shorts AV10 for. AV 8 and horns and "I love blitzing so much it's a 2+ to move me when I blitz, and a 4+ for that boring 'just moving about' crap" is screaming out to be a stand-off, run in, smash faces, blitzing machine.
I would take juggernaut first, claw second, block on my first double and pro on the unlikely second, and I would blitz with him a lot.

Don't get me wrong, the "road block" minotaur is a perfectly cromulent build - especially if you are facing a lot of squeaky elf teams. If what you really want is beastmen and a roadblock though, I do have to wonder why you haven't chosen Nurgle - the beast has higher AV and comes with tentacles right out of the box. You're not blitzing so the horns are a waste of points, and you're losing armour and foul appearance and disturbing presence and regen, for the sake of some move - which considering you were planning to use it as a roadblock, and not blitz, you cant value that much anyway?

Jolima
22-09-2011, 09:39 PM
I prefer Chaos over Nurgle because:

Lots of great Beastmen instead of just a few Pestigors and lots of useless Rotters.
AG3 and an extra move on the Warriors, meaning you can dodge away to do that critical blitz more often than not.

The Mino isn't as important a consideration as that, and I probably would have preferred a Beast to the Mino given the choice. As for wasting its horns, you could equally say that blitzing with the Mino wastes the horns on your Beastmen. Note that I don't think getting a Mino at all is a certain decision, but it probably is worth its cost.

Disclaimer 1: I have never tried a Mino with Juggernaut.
Disclaimer 2: I have never played Nurgle.

LowKey
22-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I love me some rotters, great cheap linesmen

Jarvis
22-09-2011, 09:57 PM
I should like to point out that blocking also makes wild animal a 2+ roll not just blitzing.

Giving the mino tentacles lets him pick a particular opponent and have a good chance of keeping him nearby to keep being hit, and if the mino falls over? then it's time to blitz someone in range.

Screwie
22-09-2011, 11:27 PM
The point PW is making though is that there are times when your Mino will be out of position - someone will knock him over and not follow up, just to mess with you. In those times, it is tempting to use the blitz on the Mino just to make sure he gets up promptly (and does some damage too, of course). Also, Horns is great. seems a shame not to use it.

My personal skill picks are Juggernaut then Claw, then Pro on my first double and... something interesting on the possible second double.

Juggernaut means you don't need Block on the attack, and Pro means you waste less blitzes. Foul Appearance is another defensive alternative to Block and doesn't take a double.

So really, Block isn't particularly high priority for me. Instead I would look at anything from Tackle to Dodge to Jump Up (and combo with Piling On later). Actually I've not tried that last one, but now I've thought of it I really want to...

DarkFenix
22-09-2011, 11:35 PM
I prefer the Juggernaut big guy too. Those horns are there for a reason, 2d blocks on St5 players! Also starting with mighty blow just begs for claws to be added. Just my preference I guess.

NieA7
22-09-2011, 11:50 PM
I hardly ever get Pro to be honest, not for the first four or five skills at least. A skill I'm not going to use on most turns and that only has a 50/50 chance of letting me retry something else (rather than being an action itself) feels like a bad deal, doubly so when it stops me using a team reroll - though loner could do that it's only got the same chance of stopping me as Pro has of succeeding. I'd rather get something like block, dodge, tackle, jump up or side step.

I've yet to find a good, reliable role for aggressive big guys, they tend to act like turnover generators. Generally I prefer the more passive types like the Beast of Nurgle.

Screwie
23-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Same here, but the Minotaur is my exception to the Pro rule. If nothing else Pro halves the chance of Loner costing you a TRR, which makes it something to consider for all big guys... but on all except the blitzing Minotaur, Block is just more important.

duff
23-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Yeh big guys can end up a big waste of TV. Though I do really love my Krox, prehensile tail is very nice. I actually think if I got doubles I might take tackle over block to really piss off all the agility teams.

Squiz
23-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Same here, but the Minotaur is my exception to the Pro rule. If nothing else Pro halves the chance of Loner costing you a TRR, which makes it something to consider for all big guys... but on all except the blitzing Minotaur, Block is just more important.I thought that especially in this case (Wild Animal & sustained tackle zone) you would just skip the re-roll. Or did you mean RR for Skulls & Both down? In this case Block would be better I think.

Since Loner increases the risk of failing an action in the first place I would try to limit the active use of the Minotaur to a minimum and increase its reliability with other skills (which are sparse enough as is).

Edit: Then again, I guess it depends on how you use your Minotaur most of the time. I would prefer him to be at the LoS with Guard and Tentacles which won't help much when blitzing. Frenzy increases the chances for Both Down dramatically though.

LowKey
23-09-2011, 08:35 AM
the problem with leaving a big guy on the LOS is that he will just be tied up with cheap linesmen, I like to get break tackle asap to stop that but in general id prefer to put him on the flanks and try and tie up some important players

President Weasel
23-09-2011, 09:20 AM
you get 4 STR4 high armour chaos mans - black orcs with better agility. They're supposed to be on the LOS.
Then you get a player who is specialised for hurting enemy players. He has frenzy and mighty blow and horns right out the box. He's supposed to be hurting enemy players.

That's not to say you shouldn't have a tackle/wrestle beast man for each side of the pitch, or a block, mighty blow, claw, piling on beastman for each side of the pitch. Those 4 players are also excellent uses for your one blitz. But the mino is for injuring whoever was dumb enough to get on the pitch with you.

Squiz
23-09-2011, 09:54 AM
the problem with leaving a big guy on the LOS is that he will just be tied up with cheap linesmen, I like to get break tackle asap to stop that but in general id prefer to put him on the flanks and try and tie up some important players
Yeah, but you can punch him free with your other LoSers, no?

LowKey
23-09-2011, 10:09 AM
sure, but there's always the chance they wont go down

alh_p
23-09-2011, 10:31 AM
wow, Mino's are always such a controversy. Personaly, I don't think there's much I can add to Coach's analysis of minos: you have two options to dealing with wild animal -either make sure the mino can block every turn or blitz every turn. Ergo juggernaut blitzer or tentacle roadblock (who seeks to keep players near him with tentacles to block every turn). PW makes a strong case for the blitzer and ultimately it depends on what you do with the rest of the team too that matters.

To my mind, a blitzer mino leaves more of a hole in my team when he DOES fail his wild animal (and who is going to tempt nuffle?). Tentacles at least mitigate that risk by retaining tackle zones and tieing players down -which is the more accessible tactical alternative to surgicaly/brutaly removing them with horns.

Wild animal and loner gobble RRs -hence pro, but frankly, for me this is about playing with a mino from 0 SPP, not lvl 4 and a couple of doubles. The first game i had with my shiny new mino a few seasons ago was disastrous. I burned through my RRs with failed WA rolls within 4 turns and achieved nothing for it. Yes you get crap luck, and then crapper luck, and then nuffle squats and strains over you, but unless you are playing to just demolish the opposition then I find a more reliable option always preferable.

Hence tentacles first. TBH, I'd be quite happy to take juggernaut next because I do like some flexiblility/threat but again -i've got to get the SPP first!

Zoraster
23-09-2011, 10:52 AM
All this debate and no one has pointed out Chaos are better off without a cow? Guess I better then :) Seriously the cow is a waste of space outside a ten game window between around 5-15 games in a league setting. Once you've got your warriors fully covered with Block and Guard you don't need the muscle and the blitzing will be done exclusively by your killer build beasts.

For the record I'm totally against the blitzing mino. The blitz is generally the pivotal moment in a turn so throwing away 16% of them to a negatrait just doesn't make sense. It is one reason I never run with a Rat Ogre on Skaven teams unless I'm well behind on development and don't have access to Glart and/or Fezglitch. Wild animals need to blitz nearly all the time, but they are all sub-optimal. Gutters are the best blitzers in the game bar none, Beasts run them pretty close and Norse teams need to be blitzing with their Zerks and Ulfs.

alh_p
23-09-2011, 11:02 AM
The blitz is generally the pivotal moment in a turn so throwing away 16% of them to a negatrait just doesn't make sense.

QFT. Especially as I have a ST4+block Beastman :D

Screwie
23-09-2011, 11:15 AM
wow, Mino's are always such a controversy. Personaly, I don't think there's much I can add to Coach's analysis of minos: you have two options to dealing with wild animal -either make sure the mino can block every turn or blitz every turn. Ergo juggernaut blitzer or tentacle roadblock (who seeks to keep players near him with tentacles to block every turn). PW makes a strong case for the blitzer and ultimately it depends on what you do with the rest of the team too that matters.

To my mind, a blitzer mino leaves more of a hole in my team when he DOES fail his wild animal (and who is going to tempt nuffle?). Tentacles at least mitigate that risk by retaining tackle zones and tieing players down -which is the more accessible tactical alternative to surgicaly/brutaly removing them with horns.

Wild animal and loner gobble RRs -hence pro, but frankly, for me this is about playing with a mino from 0 SPP, not lvl 4 and a couple of doubles. The first game i had with my shiny new mino a few seasons ago was disastrous. I burned through my RRs with failed WA rolls within 4 turns and achieved nothing for it. Yes you get crap luck, and then crapper luck, and then nuffle squats and strains over you, but unless you are playing to just demolish the opposition then I find a more reliable option always preferable.

Hence tentacles first. TBH, I'd be quite happy to take juggernaut next because I do like some flexiblility/threat but again -i've got to get the SPP first!

If you wanted to keep your options open, perhaps take Claw first. It fits into both the static and blitzing Minotaur skillset and it speeds up your injury rate (and SPP gain) more than Tentacle. :)

One reason I prefer blitzing Mino is it allows you to throw more blocks with your Minotaur, throughout a game, on average. Since a Mino on the LoS will get knocked down and is less likely to get up unless you spend the blitz with them anyway. A Mino that is locked into a melee can just hit somebody, or he can still use blitz to strike and/or find a new more dangerous place to be in the next turn.

Point is, your blitzing Minotaur is on his feet a lot more often and hitting things a lot more often. Doesn't that make him more reliable, but in a different way?

(That's not to say you have to use the Mino in every situation. If the blitz is pivotal I would probably use a Beastman instead. But having the option to use your Minotaur at other times is excellent.)

As for controversy, I think this debate is just indicative of the nature of the Chaos team. For a group with such ostensibly simple tactics - "Hit them, repeat" - there are so many different ways you can go about it. That's a big part of their appeal for me... every Chaos team contains a little surprise. :)

Edited to add the quote as more replies appeared while I was slowly typing.

alh_p
23-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't put the Mino on the LoS unless receiving and wanting to take route 1, up the centre. A roadblock mino is more useful on the flank, in defence denying a 3rd of the pitch to the opposition (if only by intimidation) or in attack flanking the cage melee or tieing up 2+ enemies. Also, on the LoS you can't blitz...

Screwie
23-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Oops sorry, I was using LoS as shorthand incorrectly there. I really meant any kind of situation where the Mino starts its turn in a TZ.

DarkFenix
23-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Hmm, there's a point Zoraster. That said, regardless of the rest of your team the cow starts with St5, with tentacles it will continue to fill a role once your other players fill the blitzing role. Maybe I should reconsider and head down the road block route.

alh_p
23-09-2011, 12:47 PM
I htink I should rename my mino Polemic.

Squiz
23-09-2011, 01:43 PM
So, how long until the new season starts? The sheet tells me that some games are overdue and the weekend is near (oh so near) which would be a great chance to get some first games done.

Zoraster
23-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Not a chance of getting your first game in this weekend; next weekend is nearer to the mark, especially for us dregs in the bottom divisions :) By the looks of it Groovy hasn’t had time to sort out the divisions yet, but assuming he does that pretty quickly you’ll be looking at something like Wednesday for final call on the inevitable coach or three who fails to apply. Allowing for a final reshuffle you’re probably looking at this sort of time next week before all divisions are good to go.

President Weasel
23-09-2011, 02:28 PM
All this debate and no one has pointed out Chaos are better off without a cow? Guess I better then :) Seriously the cow is a waste of space outside a ten game window between around 5-15 games in a league setting. Once you've got your warriors fully covered with Block and Guard you don't need the muscle and the blitzing will be done exclusively by your killer build beasts.

For the record I'm totally against the blitzing mino. The blitz is generally the pivotal moment in a turn so throwing away 16% of them to a negatrait just doesn't make sense. It is one reason I never run with a Rat Ogre on Skaven teams unless I'm well behind on development and don't have access to Glart and/or Fezglitch. Wild animals need to blitz nearly all the time, but they are all sub-optimal. Gutters are the best blitzers in the game bar none, Beasts run them pretty close and Norse teams need to be blitzing with their Zerks and Ulfs.

You make a compelling point - but my chaos team in the league are 6 games in, and I love my cow.
And Ahl makes a compelling point, and I am not saying he's wrong. Personally though, I like to blitz.

Squiz
23-09-2011, 02:36 PM
Not a chance of getting your first game in this weekend; next weekend is nearer to the mark, especially for us dregs in the bottom divisions :) By the looks of it Groovy hasn’t had time to sort out the divisions yet, but assuming he does that pretty quickly you’ll be looking at something like Wednesday for final call on the inevitable coach or three who fails to apply. Allowing for a final reshuffle you’re probably looking at this sort of time next week before all divisions are good to go.

Well, damn. That means one week less for me before I leave on holidays. Is it allowed to play more than one of your games in one week?

alh_p
23-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Well, damn. That means one week less for me before I leave on holidays. Is it allowed to play more than one of your games in one week?

If the other players in your division can too then yes, the division would also need to be moved on between games.

groovychainsaw
23-09-2011, 04:54 PM
OK SEASON FINISHED!

But 3 games are outstanding - Alethron-Laneford, i see you guys are arranging for next week, but that might be a bit of a stretch, im afraid. If you can get it played tonight (or tomorrow, at a push) that'll work, but if not it'll have to be a 0-0. Darkfenix vs onestep is looking like a 2-0 to DF right now, as onestep hasn't been available whilst DF has been (form what i can see). I see no posts for the last game from either studenteternal OR sirvivor, so thats also a 0-0, although sirvivor has been awol for most of the month, so is HIGH RISK for being dropped next season (unless you post in here Sir, in which case I'm sure we'll be understanding!). Anyone else who missed their last game/2 games and hasn't popped up to explain is also at high risk of being dropped, we can't afford to have people missing too many games in a 3-game season, which hopefully should be understandable :-).

I'm away from my blood bowl pc this weekend, but on the internets intermittently, so am hoping to do the promotions/demotions sat/sun. I'll need admins to set the above scores however, so if one of you can do this once we know whats going on with each of those. With any luck, we should all know where we are supposed to apply by monday. Plan is to get everything started by the following weekend, but as usual, that'll be a bit of a stretch :-).

As always, keep an eye on the thread, there'll be changes etc. and things move fast. If you are dropping out/rebooting, please mark the sheet accordingly so I don't put you in place only to have you move again!! New guys, check out the rules on the spreadsheet so you know what's going on, basically you have to apply to the division in-game, but its all in there if you are unfamiliar with the crappy in-game UI. My next post will most probably be sat/sun to let everyone know that we're all in place to get applying for next season! Fun times!

darkweeble
24-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Finished my Ogre team! We'll see how things play out, but the Big Bruised Egos are ready to go! I put the name in on the sheet but I'm listed as R5 for a division. I'm assuming that means "returning" but is there anything else I need to do?

DarkFenix
24-09-2011, 02:33 AM
Yes, 'offerings' of beer, cookies and cake to the admins have been known to expedite the re-entry process.

imirk
24-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Yes, 'offerings' of beer, cookies and cake to the admins have been known to expedite the re-entry process.

Works on wimmen too ...

Xercies
24-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Works on wimmen too ...

Evidence of this please! lol :p

onestepfromlost
25-09-2011, 12:13 AM
sorry guys had a horrific week schedule wise. So couldnt get a chance to play DF so told him id be conceeding meant to post it up here but forgot. Sorry for the hold ups.

Alethron
25-09-2011, 05:22 PM
OK, sincere apologies to all the guys in my league for the mess that was this season, I never could have predicted such problems. Was really looking forward to defending the Championship as well. I am in a better situation to keep up to date now and will be back to normal in the next season, wherever I am placed.

groovychainsaw
25-09-2011, 06:20 PM
OK chaps, promotions/demotions done!

Check them out HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0Vre Xc&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=22)

If there are any problems/glaring errors, let me know. All 3 games mentioned above didn't get played (I presume, as they weren't in the sheet), so can an admin please set the results accordingly to end those seasons (I'm still away from my blood bowl machine). Other than that, if you're happy with your new divisions, please apply in-game!

GET YOUR APPLICATIONS IN NOW! New season is expected to get going next weekend. Keep following this thread closely throughout the week in case things change quickly!!

mrpier
25-09-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm back, and have applied. Thanks for the help president weasel even if it turned out it wasn't needed. :)

Nullkigan
25-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Three bashy teams? I'm in for a fun season given that my winnings rolls last season ended up 1-2-1 after the bug and I'm still a man down from the first match :(

Uh, did I go up two divisions or do we have a lot of new/returning players?

Jolima
25-09-2011, 06:42 PM
All scores have been set and all seasons ended.

Gorm
25-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Hey when does this season start? I think i can play again if its next weeked.

Nullkigan
25-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I imagine we'll have 2-3 days of people joining the appropriate divisions, a day of emergency changes, then the usual 10 days per match.

Sgt.Ragekage
25-09-2011, 07:04 PM
Applied to DIv 5 :)

DarkFenix
25-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Finally I get a division full of breakable races. Now all it takes is for reasonable luck, not even good luck, just for Nuffle to only screw with me semi-vindictively, and I'll have a good season. Division 4 application in.

Jiiiiim
25-09-2011, 08:20 PM
applied to Div A

Kelron
25-09-2011, 08:23 PM
I may actually have the best armour in my division this season. Will make a change.

Screwie
25-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Looking forward to meeting some nice new opponents in Div 4 - except maybe DF's Chaos team... (applied)

boots468
25-09-2011, 10:56 PM
I've applied for div 4. It does look nice and non-bashy this time around, apart from that one Chaos team ...