PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

JayTee
25-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Oh this 200+ TV difference in the Championship will be interesting. Fingers crossed for some good regen rolls ><

laneford
25-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Applied for Div A

President Weasel
25-09-2011, 11:39 PM
I have applied to 3.
ntw has applied to B.
MrPier has not applied to the Champeens because the password he gave me doesn't work. Hopefully this is because he has returned or regained net access and has changed his password because he is going to apply for himself; otherwise, problem.

Edit: Pier's back and is dealing with his own dealings. I am not needed.

duff
25-09-2011, 11:47 PM
The keymaster has failed.

imirk
26-09-2011, 12:30 AM
I have not applied, because I have remained in my same division \o/

Vexing Vision
26-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Applied for Div B. So, Divisions didn't close automagically this time?

/edit I think Div 6 and F broke a bit. Apart from that, one day I want to achieve a Grinn result, too. Without killing my entire team.

duff
26-09-2011, 01:10 AM
I have not applied, because I have remained in my same division \o/ Same here, I might purposefully finish third every season so I never have to apply to another division again.

Schizoslayer
26-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Is it too late to change my team race? I'd prefer to go High Elf as I've found they suit my playstyle much better. Also Div F was full of teams so not sure what's going on there.

President Weasel
26-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Is it too late to change my team race? I'd prefer to go High Elf as I've found they suit my playstyle much better. Also Div F was full of teams so not sure what's going on there.

High elf is undersubscribed so go right ahead.
Don't worry about F being full, that's probably just the people from last season not having moved yet; you can still apply.

LowKey
26-09-2011, 08:52 AM
applied for division c, I am not looking forward to Combat's ST5 chaos warrior in the first game

cwoac
26-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Would have applied for D, but it seems E has not been closed, so the team is still in it? Can I pull it out myself, or does an admin need to close the division?

Squiz
26-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I'll apply to F this evening. This is the Division I am listed in under "Season Info", so I guess my team will show up on the "Table" as soon as I have joined the Division in the Cyanide game, right?

Alethron
26-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Applied for Div 1

alh_p
26-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Will apply to DivB this evening. Another match against NTW's Nurgle...

mrpier
26-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Would have applied for D, but it seems E has not been closed, so the team is still in it? Can I pull it out myself, or does an admin need to close the division?

Just quit your team manually from the league.

cwoac
26-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Just quit your team manually from the league.

Do you know, I didn't actually know you could do that. Nor is it obvious which sequence of buttons you needed to hit to do it. Oh well, I found it now, thanks. Applied to D.

LowKey
26-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Do you know, I didn't actually know you could do that. Nor is it obvious which sequence of buttons you needed to hit to do it. Oh well, I found it now, thanks. Applied to D.

Sir, do you dare accuse the fine gentlemen of Cyanide (TM) of developing an unintuitive programme for engaging in games of her majesty's Blood Bowl? I demand satisfaction!

Alistair Hutton
26-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Excited about division 2, 2 people in the same time zone, a rematch with the Rakish Rodents and facing Norse for the first time in the league (coached by a player who's a Shadowfist fan maybe?).

ChainsawHands
26-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Sir, do you dare accuse the fine gentlemen of Cyanide (TM) of developing an unintuitive programme for engaging in games of her majesty's Blood Bowl? I demand satisfaction!It's OK, they're not gentlemen: they're French.

smaug81
26-09-2011, 02:07 PM
(coached by a player who's a Shadowfist fan maybe?)

Well spotted, that man. Sadly I don't get to play as much as I used to, but 'fist was my CCG of choice for many years.

Div 2 certainly does look to be shaping up with some interesting match-ups. Hopefully no last-minute league rearrangement will be required, I'm rather looking forward to it as is.

alh_p
26-09-2011, 02:54 PM
It's OK, they're not gentlemen: they're French.

and your father smells of elderberry!

Vexing Vision
26-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Smaug's Norse are actually scary creatures. :( I'm way less concerned about any strength 5 chaos people...

Wait, strength 5?!

Oh well. Wood elves next season, then. :D

Squiz
26-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Applied for Division F!

Indefatigible Snoozer
26-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Applied for Div C

Schizoslayer
26-09-2011, 06:39 PM
As an aside if you're creating a new team for this then you should probably wait until after about 9pm as all teams made this weekend have been broken and don't get money/spp/injuries. Nobody knows if the teams made this weekend will work after the fix tonight but better safe than sorry I think.

Schizoslayer
26-09-2011, 06:58 PM
A thought: If there are only two of us in Div F does that mean we could potentially play all of our games in one well organised weekend?

Xercies
26-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Applied for Division 5, looks like its a bit more of a bashy table which is fine for me. I was a bit annoyed with all the dodging and totally ruining my block plan :D

mootpoint
26-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Still in E, so no need to re-apply it seems. My first oppenent will have a rather pleasant time though as thanks to Cwoac I'm down a Treeman (bastard).

Alistair Hutton
26-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Server undergoing maintenance at the moment so I haven't applied yet.

Schizoslayer
26-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Servers up and I've applied for division F.

Screwie
26-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Smaug's Norse are actually scary creatures. :(

They weren't so bad ;)

At least, they weren't goblin-proof :D

NieA7
27-09-2011, 12:05 AM
My 14SPP got evenly distributed around my level 3 players, my kick zombie and the ghoul that was injured and missed the game entirely. Kinda wish I'd seen the game Cyanide made up rather than the one I played.

I was going to say that I feel like a bit of a fraud - I've played 3 seasons and been promoted up 4 divisions despite never topping one. That was before I saw div 3. I'm the squishy team. Playing against Dorfs first.

Halp.

groovychainsaw
27-09-2011, 08:31 AM
I think we tie for squishiness nie in div 3, I'm mostly av8, same as you :). I've got chaos first, so have an equal chance of ending up battered by game 2 :D

alh_p
27-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Signed up for Div B last night.

Arnisarus
27-09-2011, 09:47 AM
applied for div A

karandraz
27-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey guys sorry ive not been around much lately, ive been having computer problems, specifically my hard drives dying, i have ordered a replacement so am hoping to have it fixed before the first weeks finished. Not looking forward to all that reinstalling!

Rakysh
27-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Signed up for Div 6, hooray. I win the complaining about being squishy competition, incidentally.

NieA7
27-09-2011, 10:53 PM
I think we tie for squishiness nie in div 3, I'm mostly av8, same as you :). I've got chaos first, so have an equal chance of ending up battered by game 2 :D

Did I say Div 3? I meant Div C. Very similar, Nec, Chaos and Dorf, but instead of your humies we've got LowKey's Undead. I remember them, I think we played our first Divisions game against each other. I remember mummy based pain at least.

Rakysh - Indeed you do, I should count my blessings. Well, blessing.

Jiiiiim
28-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Forward my Lizard brethren! Let us assault the Championship itself!

MadDave123
28-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Hello chaps. It appears my team is still in Division D from the previous season (along with Rylon: I received a win since he'd gone AWOL). I checked the league table and I'm marked as Division D for this season but I can't apply until I've been moved out of the old season (I think).

Any ideas on what to do? Am I being a bit dippy and just need to tick a box somewhere, or do the omnipotent admins have to cast some intricate techy-magics? I've been away for a little while with out net access so I haven't been able to check the forums recently.

Thanks.

Jolima
28-09-2011, 10:30 PM
If you're already in div D you don't have to do anything actually. The same division will be reused for next season. (If you would have had to change you can remove yourself from the old league first to free your team up to join the right one.)

groovychainsaw
28-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Gentlemen, we're nearly there! Well done everyone for getting their applications in so smoothly, this has gone even better than usual :-). We may even start the season early at this rate :-O. We're currently missing only 4 people:

Kergguz - Div 5
Grinn - Div 6 (although should be applying tonight after a quick conversation)
Karandraz - Div B (also spoken to)
StudentEternal - Div E

Schizoslayer, you're currently on your own in div F. Obviously, if anyone fails to show, you'll be straight in , but currently you're in a league of 1 (Grinn's placement in your division appears to be due to a spreadsheet bug, unhelpfully). If noone else decides to join us and everyone turns up, you may have to wait out one more season, but you'll be top of the queue for the following one if that occurs (and as you've witnessed, we usually get a few people in each season). Hope you don't mind being patient if this occurs :-).

MadDave123
29-09-2011, 12:02 AM
If you're already in div D you don't have to do anything actually. The same division will be reused for next season. (If you would have had to change you can remove yourself from the old league first to free your team up to join the right one.)Excellent, thanks Jolima. I'll just sit here and wait for things to "kick off" as it were. :D

Windward
29-09-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm really interested in giving this a go, I could join up and bolster the ranks of Div F if it's not too late?

President Weasel
29-09-2011, 12:45 AM
It's not too late, but we do need 4 people to make a full division; currently we've got a set of divisions plus schizoslayer on his own. If we get one person who doesn't show up for their division this season, the divisions would be reshuffled and people would be moved up and schizo would get a slot.
If everything stays as it is now though, we won't have a full division F unless we can get two more people in, or unless groovychainsaw can persuade two people to run "dummy" teams to make up the numbers. Do you know anyone else who fancies joining?

Gorm
29-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Okay how do i make myself active again? I will be back in the UK on Saturday.

Squiz
29-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Schizoslayer, you're currently on your own in div F. Obviously, if anyone fails to show, you'll be straight in , but currently you're in a league of 1 (Grinn's placement in your division appears to be due to a spreadsheet bug, unhelpfully). If noone else decides to join us and everyone turns up, you may have to wait out one more season, but you'll be top of the queue for the following one if that occurs (and as you've witnessed, we usually get a few people in each season). Hope you don't mind being patient if this occurs :-).Eh... I did apply for Division F already some days ago... I should be in there as well!

Windward
29-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I was counting Squirrel as in Div F already too, so that's one more victim we need... I'll shine the batsignal.

Gorm
29-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm down for rejoining with my Vamps if that wont mess up the leagues? Div F will be fine for me, i think i only have 9 players who are alive or undead. Instead of the usual 11.

ChainsawHands
29-09-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm down for rejoining with my Vamps if that wont mess up the leagues? Div F will be fine for me, i think i only have 9 players who are alive or undead. Instead of the usual 11.Glad to see the divisions will no longer be Gormless.

Squiz
29-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Could one of the admins please check what happened to my application to Division F? I applied in-game, with password entering and all. Please let me know if there is something wrong or something I could do to help getting me in there.

INinja132
29-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Applied to Division 2

Gorm
29-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Glad to see the divisions will no longer be Gormless.

You only realise how useful i am when i'm not around.

President Weasel
29-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Glad to see the divisions will no longer be Gormless.

Wahey!

(rimshot)

Squirrel - calm down, the divisions fill from the top so it's easier to rearrange them if someone doesn't apply by the deadline. It's perfectly normal for your app not to have been accepted yet, because you might end up getting told to apply to another division at the last minute.

Squiz
29-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks for that hint Mr. President, I have calmed down now. I am calm. Yes.

Screwie
29-09-2011, 05:52 PM
It seems like my Div (4) is ready to go - are we okay to start planning matches? I'd quite like to get a game in this weekend if possible.

Jarvis
29-09-2011, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=President Weasel;41873
Squirrel - calm down, the divisions fill from the top so it's easier to rearrange them if someone doesn't apply by the deadline. It's perfectly normal for your app not to have been accepted yet, because you might end up getting told to apply to another division at the last minute.[/QUOTE]

Having looked at his wild eyed mug shot I personally thought Squirrel was already being remarkably calm.

mootpoint
29-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Q: I just bought the Steam version of BBLE, and was thinking about switching over from the disc one. Does anyone know if it's "safe", that is, will my account still be the same and my teams available (not sure how cyanide handles all their keys and whatnot)?

Vexing Vision
29-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Apparently, key is only tied to create a new account. I can log in with my account from anywhere I want.

President Weasel
29-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Having looked at his wild eyed mug shot I personally thought Squirrel was already being remarkably calm.

You know, subconsciously that mugshot might well have influenced me to think his words were a trifle, shall we say, less than calm, when in fact they're pretty reasonable.

groovychainsaw
29-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Yup, looking over the sheet it appears that division F isnt displaying at all well and it missed the fact that both squirrel and windward are in there, so F will definitely be running with 3 right now (with either another new person, a 'filler' team from one of our players or a dummy team), assuming all others turn up. sorry for causing alarm! ;-)

In other news, i noticed steam has BB:LE on for 6 this weekend, if you know anyone who's been waiting for a good price for this, now's the time to let them know :-)

And we're still short of Kergguz in 5, studenteternal in E, grinn in 6 and windward now (Hi windward, nice to have you join us!!) in F. Other than that all the other divisions are ready, so I'm inclined to get us going, probably officially tomorrow night...

Alini
29-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi all, bit of a newbie to BloodBowl, but I wouldn't mind joining with a Dwarf team. Seeing as you guys conveniently have a slot going...

grinn
29-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Signing up in a few minutes.

groovychainsaw
29-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi Alini, you are more than welcome, check out post no. 1 in this thread for the general idea, head over to the spreadsheet linked in there to add your details (and check out our 'quickstart rules' for info on how we sort out our divisions), then apply in-game to division F (RPS divisions of death F - password is chainsawed). Welcome aboard! New season is likely to start tomorrow night :-)

/Also, fixed the spreadsheet! It now looks right (to me!) :-)

Squiz
29-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks for sorting things out so quickly. Hope I didn't come across as a chicken.

cwoac
29-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Bowl cheap this weekend on steam! Go, tell your friends to swell the ranks of victims. I mean opponents.

Alini
29-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Will do and thanks :)

celt
30-09-2011, 02:58 AM
I'm getting ready to buy Blood Bowl on Steam during this sale. How often do opportunities to hop into a league come up?

Rakysh
30-09-2011, 06:41 AM
You have one now, or in slightly over a month.

Zoraster
30-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Is it worth waiting any longer for Student? He didn't play his last game and hasn't been active in the threads for ages, or even logged into the forum for the best part of a fortnight.

Vexing Vision
30-09-2011, 07:13 AM
Looks like there's your opportunity, celt. :) Otherwise, it's pretty much exactly six weeks between leagues.

groovychainsaw
30-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Ok, i was hoping to get going toinight (and im likely to start all the complete divisions tonight). We are STILL missing KERGGUZ, STUDENTETERNAL and WINDWARD from 5, E and F, respectively. Celt, you're first in line now if any players fail to materialise this evening. As usual, a post from any of these guys will save them, but if not, they'll be out and we'll have a quick reshuffle at the bottom.

President Weasel
30-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Is it worth waiting any longer for Student? He didn't play his last game and hasn't been active in the threads for ages, or even logged into the forum for the best part of a fortnight.

if he's on anyone's Steam buds list, can they please give him a nudge on the steam-o-chat-o-tron this evening? Otherwise I guess he's going to miss out this season. In fact, any of the guys from Groovy's post above. I did see Windward in DDO the other night, so he's around - he might just not know the league's restarting now.

Gorm
30-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Am i meant to be applying to a league? Or were my very important posts missed?
We are in dire need of an admin review headed by a 4th party. I propose Cyanide, those guys seem capable.

President Weasel
30-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Did you alter your thing on the spreadsheet to R for returning, or something? I'm just trying to muddy the waters and get some blame on you here - but in all seriousness, you did come rather late to the party and there's every chance groovy missed your all-important "oh hai I come back now!" post. I reckon you'll get folded into the last handful of people looking for a division at the end.

Gorm
30-09-2011, 02:28 PM
THIS IS A TOTAL OUTRAGE.

Ah no problem, i have a little trouble using the spreadsheet in China but i'll find a way around it.
I'll just join in again next season or try and keep hypnogazing one of the people who still havent applied.
I wasnt sure where to put the R, so i just now put it in the league column...

groovychainsaw
30-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Gah, sorry gorm, I did see your posts but I'd assumed you'd put yourself on the sheet and I'd put you in somewhere :-). It looks likely we'll need a couple of people to fill in tonight though, so keep your eyes peeled and I'll let you know where to apply...

Screwie
30-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Should we be expecting new S13 groups to arrange matches in?

celt
30-09-2011, 05:02 PM
I installed the game last night and fiddled about. Tried the demo. Skimmed the rulebook PDF. Even though I've played the tabletop game in the past, it looks like there's enough for me to (re)learn about the game and the interface that I should wait till the next round starts up.

Thanks for being so inviting. I'll be getting comfortable with the game and will probably hop into the next one.

Jiiiiim
30-09-2011, 07:13 PM
I would point out that you'll have ten days to play that first game and you'll be joining a division of new teams and there isn't *really* much difference between this and tabletop except the maths happens faster, so I don't think you've anything to lose by joining this season. If you mess up your team-building or everyone dies, just join with another new team next season. But it'll be good experience.

Xercies
30-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Yeah trial by fire and all that, to be honest thats what I did with a very newbie race(Humans) and basically learned tactics and UI one step at a time.

Rakysh
30-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I believe it's not been long since we had this conversation, but for newbies I reckon orks iz best.

groovychainsaw
30-09-2011, 09:26 PM
OK! SEASON IS GO!!! ALL DIVISIONS DOWN TO 5 ARE STARTED! ALL DISCUSSION THREADS BEGUN! GET GOING!

For the remaining divisions, we are sitll missing 3. I've tried getting windward on steam but it won't find him, he has been active so I don't want to kick him out yet! windward, if you are out there, get your application in! Or ping me on steam for help! I don't mind!

Kergguz and student though, I'm afraid your places are now forfeit as we've been waiting for you to post or reply for a week or so. You'll have to sit this one out. We're more than happy to have you back again at a later date though, maybe keep an eye on the thread next time round?

This leaves us with one space in 5, one in E and windward missing from 6 still. GORM, if you want to apply for 5 its yours, anyone lurking who would like a space in div E? Celt you'd be more than welcome, there's at least a halfling team in there to practice on ? ;-) Just post in here and apply, if i get multiple applications, first post in here wins (this includes 'filler' teams from existing players, but obviously a real player will get preference). Windward, get in touch soon! If not we have another space for someone in F, usual application process will apply.

Bribes, as always, gratefully accepted :-D

NieA7
30-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Just played a truly terrible game against Snoozer's Dwarves, lost 2-0. I really can't cope with the stunties, I know I shouldn't go toe to toe what with all that guard but I can never resist it. I chose to kick in the first half and things went fairly well - 1-0 at half time but the deathroller was off with no serious damage done and I'd only lost one KO'd Wight (despite a babe and two chances to come back. This is the same wight that refuses to gain SPPs even when he scores touchdowns, unsurprisingly). If I could score in 3 or 4 turns that should ensure at least a draw, with a possibility of a cheeky defensive touchdown if the dice fell right. All I had to do was keep my head.

In the second half I completely lost my head. Rather than forming up a deepish, isolated cage ready to break out and speed away with a werewolf or two I tried to form an aggressive cage face to face with a tonne of Dwarves, with the ball on the diagonally opposite corner of the pitch on my touchline. Needless to say my "cage" instantly collapsed, and despite a rather jammy dodge-pass-catch all at AG3 I never made it much past the half way line. A miserable melee built up around the ball, the end result of which was several of my mans taking a time out in the injury box and the ball safely in the hands of a Dwarf runner, with just enough time left for a swift jog down the pitch.

I played like a dunce and Snoozer kept his head and played cannily throughout, a thoroughly deserved win for him. Fortunately I didn't pick up any serious injuries, hopefully I can beat myself with the clue stick enough times that some tactics sink in before Combat's Chaos mans come for me...

LowKey
30-09-2011, 11:41 PM
DWARFS

this is not what I wanted to hear

NieA7
30-09-2011, 11:45 PM
this is not what I wanted to hear

Go beat up those Chaos mans tiger!

President Weasel
01-10-2011, 12:29 AM
I would point out that you'll have ten days to play that first game and you'll be joining a division of new teams and there isn't *really* much difference between this and tabletop except the maths happens faster, so I don't think you've anything to lose by joining this season. If you mess up your team-building or everyone dies, just join with another new team next season. But it'll be good experience.

Jiiiiiiiiiiim is entirely correct. (and also the current holder of the coveted "does the best match reports" award, although that's not important right now)

cwoac
01-10-2011, 01:59 AM
As a side note, ought the post on the first page be updated to point at the groups rather than the match thread for organising?

Gorm
01-10-2011, 03:41 AM
Applied for 5, had a change of plans and wont be back in the UK until the 4th now. But i will be jobless so getting the first game should be no problem.

cwoac
01-10-2011, 02:27 PM
and my 2-0x3 run is ended. 2-1 to nullkigan. Nuffle was random as ever, managing to scatter the ball off the middle of his touchline onto the pitch and off again to end up 2/3 of the way down the field. Oh well.

Nullkigan
01-10-2011, 02:41 PM
We both fumbled two chances to score, somehow. Mine were a pair of bodged passes, yours were an unfortunate injury followed by the worst chain scatter ever. I just got the lucky third chance because of how your second worked out.

boots468
01-10-2011, 04:22 PM
My Vamps Vs Screwies Goblins was a truly ridiculous game. He had no luck, I had tonnes. On his turn 14 he lined up to recieve with just a troll. Think it finished 3-0, but the highlight was Screwie's ag 4 goblin being eaten by one of his trolls!

Screwie
01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
(That's the healthy AG 4 goblin, btw. The other one missed the game while he was sleeping off his second -1AV injury.)

It was just brutal. And that was supposed to be the "easy" game this season :(

Valiant
01-10-2011, 06:15 PM
I would like to join in, could I ?

ntw
01-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Hai guys, I is back from Africa! Looks like you all coped without me, PW sorting my team out (not checked it for "unexpected off-season retirements" yet but I'm assuming he didn't screw me over), GC breaking then fixing the spreadsheet and some newbies signing up. Awesome. :)

@ Valiant - GC posted above that there is still a free slot, get your app in ASAP and you may grab it.

Valiant
01-10-2011, 08:50 PM
What do you mean by app? I registered on the spreadsheet and joined the steam group, anything i missed?

Jiiiiim
01-10-2011, 09:21 PM
need to apply to the league that has a free slot. Search for RPS Division of Death F and use the password chainsawed

Jarvis
02-10-2011, 10:20 AM
What do you mean by app? I registered on the spreadsheet and joined the steam group, anything i missed?

Norse, I salute you sir.

Valiant
02-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Norse, I salute you sir.

*Raises his mug of beer in appreciation* When is my first game?

groovychainsaw
02-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Divs 5,6 and F started!! We are 1 short for div E, but I notice a new player, Ffrog, has arrived? ffrog, if you get an application in today you can join us this season, just apply for div E in-game. If not, if anyone else wants to join us, or someone wants to play a filler team (weak races only please!) then get the application in and i'll get E going tonight.

Just a reminder for new players more than anyone else, the matches are organised in the community threads HERE (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4), find your division and organise your match with your fellow players there, as it'll be the only evidence we have that you've made an effort in case one of you fails to turn up.

grinn
02-10-2011, 03:04 PM
I can't figure out how to post in the div6 thread (sorry!) so I ll ask here just this once - Darkweeble, when can you play? I m good today during the day and possibly tomorrow after 8pm UK time.

Zoraster
02-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Doesn't look like you are in the group so that'll be the problem Grinn :) Think if you go to the groups home page you can apply to join there.

potatoedoughnut
02-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Well my Necros just got their first loss in the DoD vs Alethron's scary elves 2-1. I got 570k in inducements and was almost able to pull off a clever play with the wizard, but I just wasn't able to get the hits I needed and Alethron did a good job of keeping the ball away from me and stalling for time when needed.

As a consolation a zombie did get an interception on turn 16 though :)

GG and well played Alethron.

Alethron
03-10-2011, 07:29 AM
It was a good game - Potatoedoughtnut used his wizard at a good time, forcing me to score faster than I wanted to (it was 1-1 and I had received in the 2nd half, so was hoping to score slowly). I think he had 3 or 4 turns to try and score for a draw, and it was going well for him until a failed GFI roll left his only player in range of the end zone lying face down in the dirt with 1 turn to go. A valiant attempt by Potatoedoughtnut at some fancy chain pushes to get one of his Wights in range of the endzone failed when a block was rolled with no rerolls left.

Thanks for the game, well played Potato.

mrpier
03-10-2011, 09:57 AM
First game in this seasons champs division saw my dwarfs square off against Hughtowers Wood elves again. A close fought match ended in a typical 2-1 result for my dwarves. Not much to say really, Hughtower scored early in the first half, and I grinded a cage up the pitch to score on turn 8. Second half I did the same, Hughtower defended well, but about 4-5 turns in the half he was down 5-6 elves and had to give ground, and I scored again on my turn 8. Not much blood was spilled except for Hughtowers thrower who got a broken collarbone, a trollslayer misses next game because of a broken jaw and one of my blockers had to be given the kiss of life by the apoth.

Thanks for the game Hughtower, maybe next time you'll get me. :-)

groovychainsaw
03-10-2011, 11:04 AM
No applications were forthcoming for div E, so I've had to start it with a filler team from myself, which will give everyone at least one win in that division this season :-)

mootpoint
03-10-2011, 02:25 PM
No applications were forthcoming for div E, so I've had to start it with a filler team from myself, which will give everyone at least one win in that division this season :-)

My irony detector seems to be malfunctioning today, do you mean you will forfeit your matches or shall I head to the group to organise my game against you? :)

imirk
03-10-2011, 04:13 PM
hopfully it is an all snotling ogre team...

Arnisarus
03-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Lets not get started on those shall we :)

imirk
03-10-2011, 05:48 PM
right, totally hadn't seen the other thread when I posted that.

Valiant
03-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Awesome match alini, I was so close though, was cursing like hell by the end.. ech 0-0

Alini
03-10-2011, 10:03 PM
Indeed!
Dwarf meets norse. Ball, what ball???

Alistair Hutton
03-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Smaug and I had a game.

A match report will follow once I compute the cumulative probability of "The Move".

ntw
03-10-2011, 10:38 PM
"It's a million-to-one-shot, but it might just work..."

Rakysh
03-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Bah, everyone knows that million-to-one shots succeed nine times out of ten.

Cacamas
03-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Gather round my children, and let me tell you my tale of hardship facing off against Groovychainsaw's mighty humans. The weather was fine, a lovely brisk wind soothing us as we lined up against the hulking brute of an Ogre and his armoured companions.

And we were off! The ball bounced devilishly and stopped on the very line of scrimmage. No matter, our hardy chaps rallied round and protected the runner as he neatly picked up the ball. The ogre broke free from the clutches of our scrimmagers and tried to bring him low but the runner stood tall. Then I, with great vigour, ran at him and with a cry of "Get Down!", down he went with one of my spikes lodged in his skull! Unfortunately, their dastardly apothecary worked miracles on the sidelines and he would face us again. This fine start was followed by much hitting of those humans and we continued up the pitch in our customary fashion, injuring one weakling and KO'ing two more. Finally the runner was over in the final minutes and we thought the half almost up.

Alas, no! In the first of many curious events to follow, a minor scuffle broke out amongst some of our fine fans and those scum human "fans". Amazingly, the referee believed it warranted some additional minutes to be added to the clock! Despite our completely valid protests, the game continued with a chance of the humans getting a touchdown before half end. But we flummoxed them (barely) and the half ended 1-0 to the doughty dwarfs.

The referee was new in the second half - no doubt some staunch supporters took my view of his previous decision and decided to mete out some honest justice to the previous man. So we lined up full of confidence in the second half, ready for anything. But who could've predicted what would occur? With the beast back on the pitch, they were a match for us, and more. Due to some astonishingly shoddy armour (we shall not be purchasing from Longbeard, Longbeard and Sons again!), two of our best blockers went down seriously injured during the course of the half and many others were lucky to remain on the pitch at all. And the humans blocking skill took us aback - time and time again, they brought my teammates down. I myself was subject to some terrible blows but was able to keep my head clear.

Like an unstoppable force, the humans smashed our line until breaking though for the equaliser. 1-1 and the game was balancing towards our opponents. On the restart, we tried a more adventurous approach as time was not on our side, but it was for naught. An ill-advised foul on a vulnerable human meant our dwarf was ejected. This despite what happened to the previous referee! We had some choice "words" for him after the match. With the man missing, the humans swarmed on our exposed ball carrier. But, fine fellow that he is, he took the blow and did not falter! A sigh of relief passed around our team as the (now sadly deceased) referee finally blew the whistle.

The damage was terrible. One dwarf is now hobbled and will never walk freely again. Another blanches somewhat before he takes a blow as he must do - oh cruel fate! And not a one of the squad cares to think of the match, though they must if they are to improve. For now, we must regroup and hope that such a terrible day never occurs again!

[Does a Warhammer dwarf speak like this? I don't know and don't care, it's more fun this way :)]

imirk
04-10-2011, 12:04 AM
no dorfs dont have nearly that vocabulary (/elven haugtyness)

grinn
04-10-2011, 12:30 AM
The Rok-Ard Nobs had their first outing against Darkweeble's Ogres, Big Bruised Ego. Both coaches were alarmed at the rainy weather. Neither sporting players with particularly nimble hands I figured it would be one of those ball-fumbling drags ending in a low win or a draw.

But Nuffle saw it fit to bless the Gods of Orcy 'Ard-Rok with a solid 4-0 win.

The Bruised Egos kicked to the Nobz. Faced with tougher opponents than they're used to the Nobz made the mistake to crowd the Ogres on the line of scrimmage and knock 'em down. Over-eager to stomp snotling bellies all four blitzers shot up-field to place tackle zones on the slippery dweebs. Zak-Da-Roka tries to pick up the ball, but the slippery squig-skinned thing flies out of his fumbling hands

The Bruised Egos replied with an Ogry blitz placing one of the big guyz next to the ball. The Nobz scuttled back to push away the meaty threat and Bo-No, the green-skins' thrower manages to pick up the ball and run towards centre-field. But soon after the Ogres drove a guarding orc out of the way to, once again place a tackle zone on the ball carrier and locking the Nobz' in.

The lead singer of the Rok-Ard Nobz, Jonni Gold, was left unmarked in the opposite corner of the pitch. Tu-Nob Tukur pushes the Ogre out of the way and Bo-No, seeing the raging ogres close in all around him makes a run for it up-field and makes a long pass to Joni Gold. Joni's nerves held under pressure and he hugged the ball and ran towards the end-zone. 1-0 for the Rok-Ard Nobz.

The Nobz kick clumsily to the Bruised Egos and the ball lands in their own half. Drooler, an ogre on the Bruised Ego team gets the ball on the scrimmage line. Befuddled by the unfamiliar presence of the slippery squig-skinned in his hands, Drooler runs his hands along its surface, appreciating the fine craftsmanship and still present squig eyes. Tu-Nob slams Drooler out of his reverie and the ball bounced towards the Nobz' side of the pitch where Bo-No the thrower is ready to scoop it up and step behind a ramshackle screen.

The Bruised Egos once again try to get close to the ball-carrier but do not manage to get through the peppering of green-skins. A snotling approaches the ball carrier, only to have his ribs smashed by Dizzi Stradler's shoulder spike. In the meantime Joni Gold runs towards the end zone and waits for another pass from Bo-No, who is jogging up on the right flank protected by a vertical screen of green.

An ogre blitzes his way towards Bo-No, but is summarily dispatched by Stradler. This leaves Bo-No free to run up and throw a confident short pass to Joni Gold who, once again, strides into the end-zone, slams the ball into the mud and does his signiature pelvic giration n double thrust to the raving crowd.

The rest of the first half was pretty uneventful, aside from a lucky head-to-chin slam from the orc lino Rowdi, throwing Chewer the Ogre out with a serious concussion. With two snotlings and an Ogre out along with another Ogre and a snotling knocked out, the Bruised ones had more than their egos to worry about.

To make matters worse the Rok-Ard Nobz, fuelled by the frenzy of the first half's success, blitz the Egos straight after they kick. The ball having been kicked deep was out of the protective reach of the remaining three ogres, who were lined up on the scrimmage line. This time it was Ingvy Gobsteen who picks up the ball, blitzes a snotling out of the way and scores the third goal for the Nobz.

Seeing their opponents numbers down and their morale stamped, the Orc-band-turned-blood-bowl amateurs send up two of their blitzers and throwers on the wings' mid-line, hoping to bait the Ogres into opening the centre. The Ogres, hungry for blood, line up in front of them and push the orcs to the side-lines. This leaves the centre weak enough for the orcs to blitz their way through and eventually, the so far unsuccesful thrower, Zak the Rokka curbs his ambition and jogs the ball into the end zone making the score 4-0.

A good outing for the Rok-Ard Nobz, and some serious bad luck for the Bruised Egos turned this game into a one sided stomp.

Thanks to DarkWeeble for his great sportsmanship and patience.

Alistair Hutton
04-10-2011, 09:59 AM
"Well sarge, it's a seventy nine thousand eight hundred and fifty nine point eight oh two seven five to one chance, it's bound to work"

Altdorf Army XI 1 - 1 Brolaf Brigade

Never has the phrase "Be wary of a wounded beast" been more appropriate. Missing 4 player to injury Brolaf's boys were able to call on some extreme assistance, particularly in the form of Icepelt the Yhetti star player. Brolaf's Brigade received the ball and Icepelt made his presence known instantly in the second action of the game Badly Hurting the Army's Ogre, then a Berserker came screaming down the flank and Badly Hurted Altdorf's star Dodge, Guard, Tackle Blitzer. The army managed a slight reply KO'ing a Norse Lineman. Turn two saw the ball moved down into centre field with the army keeping up pressure on the ball carrier but never being able to blitz him, over the next couple of turns an Altdorf Blitzer was KO'd and then another Blitzer was really badly injured but the apothecary was the toast of the mess hall when he managed to fix him up and get him back in the dug out. In response the Army managed to crack the leg of Brolaf's werewolf (but once again the apothecary did his work, possibly with a small plastic squeaky bone). Brolaf's Runner at this point blitzed through what was left of the Army's flimsey rear-guard action and positioned himslef 1 square for the TZ with 3 turns remaining - a perfect stall out looked to be on the cards. As his turn eneded sudenly sweat started to pour down the face of Brolaf, opposition players going down like flimsy paper cut outs in the wind? What if these were wood elves in disguise?

The theory was put to the test.

The only player who could stop the runner was a "human" thrower who promptly made a 5+ then 4+ then 3+ dodge, Go For It'ed twice and threw a 1 dice block knocking down the runner and collecting the scattered ball. (Bit of a bugger that, I was looking for the ball to go into the crowd and lobbed back up the pitch).

The Norse response was definitive, the Thrower was KO'd and the ball retrieved, an Altdorfian player smashed his own arm trying to block a Norseman and the Norse ran in the turn 8 TD.

Going into the second half, 5 players in the injured box and the Norse rolling a Perfect Defence so of the Altdorf fans started to walk out of the stadium. The regimental side girded it's loins formed a basic right angle defence around the ball carrier on the right touch line and awaited the onslaught hoping to see a mistake made in the positioning of the Norse defence.

The Norse didn't make a mistake.

At this point a corporal sidled up to Altdorf's head coach/regimental Sergeant with the playbook, he was desperately trying to get two pages to separate that were stuck together with coffee stain, chewing gum and a near centuries worth of grime. With a audible crack the page came free and the corporal enthusiastically shoved in in the face of the coach uttering the words "Well sarge, it's a seventy nine thousand eight hundred and fifty nine point eight oh two seven five to one chance, it's bound to work". There was obscene graffiti on the page. In neat hand writing was the legend "IT IS A COURT MARSHALL OFFENCE TO ATTEMPT THIS PLAY".

Looking at the mounting pile of casualties to his right and the dire, overly Yehtti'd situation on the field Altdorf's coach said the immortal words "Fuck it, lets do this". The ball carrier rolled left out of the pocket dodging as he went, a second catcher tracking him to offer some meagre protection, they stepped into the space caused by a desperation block against the Werewolf. "Unfortunately" (secretly all part of the plan to lure the Norse into a false sense of security) a lineman fell over attempting a dodge "eating up" one of the Armies precious rerolls). The Norse charge in against the exposed Catcher who is holding the ball but cannot bring the Blodger to ground with a 2d block, they do however completely surround him giving him no outs.

But that was all part of the plan. A human thrower drags himself off the ground, totters a few yards up field and recevies the perfect 6+ pass from the catcher. The one remaining Human Blitzer weaves his way through a series of tackle zones to act as support, then to one again mess with the Norse and unnecessary dodge is attempted using up another reroll.

The Norse into the ground the supporting Blitzer but then fail to bring the thrower to the floor. Once again they fall into the Armies trap, surrounding the thrower with 6 players.

The Blitzer pulls himself off the ground dodges up the field and, without even looking back towards the ball sticks up his hands to receive the perfect launch from the Thrower. Once again to throw the Norse off, a totally unnecessary dodge is attempted in an irrelevant sector of the field to use up the Armies last re-roll.

The Norse are driven wild with rage at this point but not even the frenzied attempt of their berserker can bring the Blitzer to the ground. But once again, going exactly according to plan, they surround him. A 5+ and 3+ dodge later the Blitzer scores the tying touch down.

The crowd goes wild (seriously, my wife and a friend were watching as I did this - there was pandemonium). The Norse have 3 turns against a decidedly understrength Army XI to get the wining touch down and things look very good for them when the human's touch back. But then the worm turns. Icepelt double skulls as the first action of the Norse's turn and the Army swarm forward to blitz the Beserker ball carrier, recovering the ball in the process. The Norse then deploy an extremely conservative defensive line, stringing out player to put a line of TZ's across the pitch. Pressure is put on the Altdorfian ball carrier who executes plan 33Z and runs back towards his own TZ well out of range of the chasing Norse and the game peters out into a near unbelievable draw.

ntw
04-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Crikey, you jammy sod!

If Nuffle has any sense of Karma, your entire team will now get destroyed over the next few matches...

Alistair Hutton
04-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Crikey, you jammy sod!

If Nuffle has any sense of Karma, your entire team will now get destroyed over the next few matches...

BBManager is giving me a French error message at the moment so I can't upload the match.

DarkFenix
04-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Nicely done sir, sounds like my first game with skaven against nurgle. I was getting creamed, I was 1-0 down, I'd basically given up. So I figured I'd try a ridiculous and impossible dash for a free ball followed by a cross-pitch 6+ pass. Million to one chance... which of course paid off.

smaug81
04-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Nicely done on the match report, AH. Suffices quite well to capture the drama and lunacy of that match.

It was a blast of a game to play, even watching what I thought was shaping up to be a solid victory slip improbably away. Just too hilariously unlikely not to be amused by.

JayTee
04-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Just finished a rather soul crushing 0 - 1 loss to Jolima which resulted in the death of my L4 Thro-Ra who had 14 TDs to his name :(

On the bright side my second Blitz-Ra picked up Guard and since I had a frankly obscene 600k in the bank I've replaced the Thro-Ra with a rookie and picked up a replacement for the niggling injury trash skeleton I also collected.

Poor dice all round left the first half rather uneventful, except for the death of my player, and a slight numbers advantage to my Khemri due to KOs that I failed to capitalise on as Vamps are annoyingly manoeuvrable. A couple of idiot mistakes left Jolima with a relatively easy TD early in the second half, and some highly frustrating ball bounces meant I was never able to really do too much with the ball beyond shuffle it around and stare blankly at it. Jolima had a chance at a 2nd TD in the dying turns of the game but a 1D blitz that KOed a Thrall meant the last 2 turns were just us both hitting each other hoping for some SPPs, which neither got.

Pretty soundly outplayed from my perspective; I should have gone for a Wizard as my inducement rather than a useless bribe (As we got the bribe event) and the usual re-roll, I screwed up player placement on a number of occasions, missed out on a 1D block on a carrier as I moved my Blitz-Ras in the wrong order, and Jolima ran rings around me with gaze and a lot of successful dodges.

cwoac
05-10-2011, 03:00 PM
As a side note to all these rather spiffy logs. How are people tracking the game to make these? replays? notebooks as they play? realllly good memories?

mrpier
05-10-2011, 03:03 PM
I usually write them down from memory, of course if it was en eventful game then that usually isn't enough.

Vexing Vision
05-10-2011, 03:09 PM
I run the game in windowed mode and have an open .txt file next to it to jot down notes.

Screwie
05-10-2011, 03:29 PM
If I'm writing a full recap, I'll go back and watch the replay after the game and take notes from that.

Kelron
05-10-2011, 04:27 PM
In a match between my Dark Elves and INinja's Skaven, we managed a combined total of:

0 Touchdowns
2 Completed passes
7 Knock downs from blocks
2 KOs
2 Injuries
48 yards Passing
84 yards Running

A masterful display of poor planning and 1-rolling from both of us, with one or the other foiling every play we made.

Jiiiiim
05-10-2011, 06:00 PM
I write on a piece of paper as I go

imirk
05-10-2011, 06:07 PM
I write on a piece of paper as I go

like made up of ground up trees?

Previously I've done it from memory directly after the match, I've attempted to watch replays but that was before I knew about the fast forward feature so I'd get bored before the kickoff.

Jolima
05-10-2011, 06:56 PM
I mostly do it from memory, which means that if I don't have time right after the match it won't happen at all. I've tried taking notes and watching replays a few times as well but I find that too many details just bogs down my writing.

Rakysh
05-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Halflings got battered 2-0 by Dragon's Undead. I have updated the spreadsheet. Detailed match report will follow.

Sgt.Ragekage
05-10-2011, 08:54 PM
DIV 5

Drawlien vs Ragekage

1 - 1

Forgot to take notes but it went as expected. WE score into turn minus 3. dont think id even got out on the pitch.

Then the rest of the half i tried hitting the sneaky lil poofs managing to injure 3. 2nd half again trying to lock them down and keep the ball, to see a wardancer dodge 52 times gfi 5 times then run half the length of the pitch on his hands before passing the ball.

My Black Orc intercepted it. Took me 5 mins to work out what had happened. After that it was all a bit dream like, i was to busy fantasising over a BO dodging throwing monster.

a lucky dodge at the end and the ref letting the clock run for a turn on the kick off table brought the game to an abrupt end. One all.

Very enjoyable game. Very likable fello.

cheers ;)

Rakysh
05-10-2011, 09:00 PM
The Potholers lined up, eleven thirteenths of them gazing up at the slathering and remarkably putrid horde across the line of scrimmage. The other two thirteenths of course were treemen, who were busy contemplating which ghoul they most wanted to squish. On the sidelines a halfling master chef had worked his soup-based magic, ensuring that the Dead Can-Canners had not a reroll between them. The Halflings elect to receive, reasoning that the inevitable wave of face punching might be postponed a turn that way. Armed with a total of seven rerolls, the halflings collect the ball and form a loose cage behind the treemen. One of the treemen starts a trend set to continue by rolling a pair of both downs, but luckily the reroll results in him Badly Hurting a zombie. The zombie appears not to let the fact his head has rolled off the pitch affect him unduly, and gamely gives chase in order to regenerate. The second treeman is less lucky, and falls leaving an unfortunate gap in the Potholers "cage". This gap is quickly exploited by a mummy, which KOs the ball carrier and sets the ball loose. Fortunately for the Potholers, the Ghoul sent to pickup fails the roll. The halflings surround him (it?), and manage to knock down one of his support ghouls. The mummies respond by Badly Hurting a halfling each but a zombie fails a blitz causing a turnover. I attempted to dodge a treeman towards the ball which by this stage is still chilling behind my line of scrimmage, but I select the treeman who happens to lack break tackle, and the 6+ dodge goes predictably well.

At this stage things look grim for the Potholers; both treemen are lying down and contemplating life as furniture, and the ball is surrounded by two slightly scared halflings alond with a large pile of decayed flesh. One of the Ghouls makes the pickup. Next turn, apparently enraged by the poor performance of his team thus far, a surprisingly violent halfling appears to hulk out and leap on to the shoulders of a passing ghoul. The poor ghoul has his neck unceremoniously snapped. Stricken with fear, the ball carrying-ghoul flees towards the endzone. The halflings give chase, making a succession of outrageous dodges on the way, but to no avail. 1-0 to the Dead Can-Canners.

The halflings catch from the kick and again begin the highly tactical process of cowering behind their treeman. The mummy-blitz is surprisingly ineffective, and the cage moves up a few squares to position for a team mate throw, horribly fouling a zombie inna head on their way. Despite daylight being clearly visible through his ears, he gets right back up. Captain Shitmummy (as I now know him) fails another three die block on a halfling, amusingly. The other mummy steps up and blitzes the ball carrier however, and attempts to clear him out fail due to a treeman taking root. Captain Shitmummy finally gets a knockdown after nine block dice, and a fouling skeleton gets sent off. The teams go in from the half with injuries each, but still ready for a fight.

The Master-Chef proves himself to be the true victor in this match by again ensuring no rerolls are granted to the Undead. The kick goes deep in the Can-Canners half, landing near to two ghouls. A group of halflings (dubbed team bastardhalfling more in hope than expectation) begins the long chase towards them. Captain Shitmummy, apparently stung by the derisive chants of the crowd, finally Badly Hurts a halfling. The ghouls are clearly so distracted by team bastardhalfling bearing down on them like pintsized deathrollers that they fluff the pickup. Team Bastardhalfling reaches the ghouls, but fails miserably to live up to their name. The ghouls are reassured and make the pick-up, sprinting down field, with team Bastardhalfling in hot pursuit. The treemen and those hobbits not lucky enough to be selected to join the chase spend most of this paragraph being kicked around by wights.

A mummy manages to KO one of team Bastardhalfling, but the rest of the group are so enraged by his temerity that they trip up the ball carrying ghoul on his way out. After the ensuing scramble, a ghoul emerges, running downpitch unoposed. A halfling is lobbed at him by a treeman, and despite miraculously landing and dodging, he fails the block. The ghoul scores, and the teams line up once again with only one turn remaining.

A blitz action puts pressure on the set up for Operation One Turn Touch Down, but this ends up being academic as the halfling nominated fails his pickup. The final score is two nil to the undead, but the halflings move on, grateful that no permanent damage was done, and looking forward to their next game against some ogres.

drawlien
05-10-2011, 09:40 PM
DIV 5

Drawlien vs Ragekage

1 - 1

Thanks for the write-up Sgt. I think I was getting drunk on the power of Agi 4 and so went for a rather needless pass which of course your BOB intercepted! Two of my injuries in the 1st half were self inflicted btw, those Orcs are a soft touch despite their rough words. ;)

Thanks for the game.

Jiiiiim
05-10-2011, 11:24 PM
that is an excellent writeup Rakysh, I feel like I am THERE.

Jiiiiim
06-10-2011, 12:20 AM
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3259/museum.png

Anyway, I played Laneford's monstrous nurgles. Had 200 in TV to make up so I added a couple of bloodweiser babes and an extra apothecary. Extra apo is underrated I reckon, lets you keep players on the pitch for tactical as well as career-saving reasons. I was determined to use the fact that he has to bash to succeed. If I could make that as difficult as possible, I would get an opportunity. This meant not staying in contact with any of his players between halves, even with sauruses which I normally treat as mobile roadblocks made of meat.

Laneford had me receive to start, I knocked back his frontline then formed my own, away from that. Over the next couple of turns, a +St rotter got knocked out and the absolutely obscene mutated beastman he has (extra arms, extra heads, extra you know whats) managed to get the ball before my blundering, butterfingered skinks could even pick it up. I watched them trailing after the ball with gleeful, clumsy expressions and wept as he effortless scooped up the ball and ran towards the touchline...falling over on the GFI, fortunately. Finally, finally picked up the ball with a skink in turn 3 and motored towards the safety of the sauruses, who were beginning to fall back under weight of nurgle numbers.

On Turn 5, with the added assists that the skinks offered, biffage occurs, with a pestigor killed (regenned) and a block/guard nurgle warrior collar-boned (regenned). Stupid regeneration, but it gave me a numbers advantage. He manages to track back and take out the wrestle-skink holding the ball, knocking the ball into a group of my players. The massive-handed, extra bollocked beastman then nonchalantly steps in to said scrum and picks up the ball again, whistling as he exits the cage.

Turn 6, I get it back through the medium of face-punching, but Laneford now blitzes with some dodging and gets it back a-goddamn-gain with taht monstrosity of nature. I hate him. On Turn 7, I get it back again with a biff-bash-bosh, get the ball carrier blitzed once more and the ball tipples into the hands of a surprised, surrounded saurus. I do my best to get him out but have to reroll a "that guy is too ugly to hit" roll and fail the handoff to the one skink that would be able to give me a half-time lead.

0-0 at half-time, then. My KO'd guys get up, his regenned guys are up anyway. 11v11, round two.

I use TACTICS and apo a KO'd saurus after the restart, not extending the same privilege to a skink. Laneford's horrible claw-mightyblow-block warrior is badly hurt in revenge but regens. Stupid regeneration. I continue the "beat the hell out of them" strategy as I'm calling it to stop his advance and turn 10 is a bonanza secret jackpot round. His +AG rotter is hip-smashed (not regenned yesss), his beast of nurgle is KILLED STONE DEAD by a heroic krox-looking gentleman. I cheer loudly and obnoxiously as it doesn't regenerate. WHEEEEY.

Laneford is running low on options and beelines for the touchline, falling over in the process. His first block of the next half is a skull. It's that sort of day and I am on the opposite touchline by now with a free skink. Any nurgle that gets up is punched in the face and eventually they stop getting up. Stalling it out goes off without a hitch and we stroll in the Turn-16 touchdown for a 1-0 heroic victory that will live long in lizard folklore.

Monopole Magnates 1-0 Rejected RPG Stats

Rakysh
06-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Thankyou. So's yours, it made me giggle a lot.

Windward
06-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Sorry all, new job and got hit with monstrous double shifts, didn't realise the league would move so fast! Live and learn and all that, next season :)

JamesCoombs
06-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Hello guys, I'd love to join in the next window. Added my shizzle to the spreadsheet (FYI, race is flexible, I've just put Orcs for now).

Squiz
06-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Hello everyone. As posted earlier in the F-group organisation sheet, I got rather unexpectedly hit by a large amount of work this week and probably won't make any matches. Since I am away on holidays from Saturday onwards for two weeks, it is pretty much unmanagable for me to complete the season.

So I would like to retract from the F-Division. I am very sorry for any inconvencience this may have caused, I didn't know how long it would take for the new season to start at the time of my application and I totally didn't expect this workload this week. I guess there is a free slot now for anyone who wants to join. Sorry again.

ntw
06-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Hello guys, I'd love to join in the next window. Added my shizzle to the spreadsheet (FYI, race is flexible, I've just put Orcs for now).

Keep an eye on the thread - especially in about a months time, several people have been caught out by how quickly the League turns around at the end of a season...

ntw
06-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Hello everyone. As posted earlier in the F-group organisation sheet, I got rather unexpectedly hit by a large amount of work this week and probably won't make any matches. Since I am away on holidays from Saturday onwards for two weeks, it is pretty much unmanagable for me to complete the season.

So I would like to retract from the F-Division. I am very sorry for any inconvencience this may have caused, I didn't know how long it would take for the new season to start at the time of my application and I totally didn't expect this workload this week. I guess there is a free slot now for anyone who wants to join. Sorry again.

First match has already been played, we are unable to add new players now. Is there no way you can manage to get even some of your games in? (maybe between LOTRO sessions? :P )

JamesCoombs
06-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Keep an eye on the thread - especially in about a months time, several people have been caught out by how quickly the League turns around at the end of a season...No probs, if anyone wants to add me on Steam (jamescoombs), feel free.

ntw
06-10-2011, 11:52 AM
No probs, if anyone wants to add me on Steam (jamescoombs), feel free.

If you're after friendly games then the Challenge League (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?147-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Challenge-League) is a good place to go (along with idling in the RPS BB Steam chatroom).

Feel free to add me (and the other admins as SteamBuds) if you'd like to chat about the Divisions of Death League, but bear in mind that while I'm happy to chat or help with any enquiries, I may be busy and I like to play too sometimes. However you're pretty much on your own when it comes to reminders for joining the league :)

President Weasel
06-10-2011, 12:10 PM

I strongly suggest you at least try to fulfil your commitments here. You're spoiling the game for three other people by doing this.

Mr Dragon
06-10-2011, 12:25 PM
that is an excellent writeup Rakysh, I feel like I am THERE.

As do I, but that's probably because I was.

Squiz
06-10-2011, 12:40 PM
First match has already been played, we are unable to add new players now. Is there no way you can manage to get even some of your games in? (maybe between LOTRO sessions? :P )I'll try. Lotro has nothing to do with it. I've posted a similar comment in that other thread. Hopping into a game for 15min is different from playing three sessions with each one lasting at least one hour. But I see that this seems unfair to the others in my division.

I strongly suggest you at least try to fulfil your commitments here. You're spoiling the game for three other people by doing this.Yes, I feel a bit stupid for joining the Divisions. If I don't manage to play all of my games tonight, here is a "sorry" to the fellow players in my group. At the time I decided to give it a go I felt encouraged by some comments here in the thread to "just give it a shot", sort of "trial by fire"-like. Should have waited for the next season.

Edit: Also see the Division F matchmaking thread.

Zoraster
06-10-2011, 12:42 PM
First match has already been played, we are unable to add new players now. Is there no way you can manage to get even some of your games in? (maybe between LOTRO sessions? :P )

Not the case. You can always replace coaches in mid season. Key point is any match involving that side has been validated, but as he hasn't played his first game yet it can be done if James was available to replace him. You have to remove the team before a new one can apply though.

Done it many times at GASH, and the whole league quit and rejoined their divisions mid-season at Ogham to play Super Bowl matches with no issue.

President Weasel
06-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Hee hee, he said "gash".
But also, that is surprising and pleasing news. Can we see if this James fellow can step in?

JamesCoombs
06-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Hee hee, he said "gash".
But also, that is surprising and pleasing news. Can we see if this James fellow can step in?There's someone else in front of me on the spreadsheet, but if needed, I'd be able to do that.

Squiz
06-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Not the case. You can always replace coaches in mid season. Key point is any match involving that side has been validated, but as he hasn't played his first game yet it can be done if James was available to replace him. You have to remove the team before a new one can apply though.

Done it many times at GASH, and the whole league quit and rejoined their divisions mid-season at Ogham to play Super Bowl matches with no issue.It would be great if this would be somehow possible. I'd gladly give my slot to someone else.

ChainsawHands
06-10-2011, 02:04 PM
i'd gladly give my slot to someone else.
And in the game!

Vexing Vision
06-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Get yer drama back on the fields an' out of ma league. And someone find karandraz and drag him back after donating a harddrive, 'kay? Use drama if necessary.

groovychainsaw
06-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi James, why don't you put your application in for div F, ffrog has first dibs if he spots this and can get an application in for div F. As long as either of you can get that first game sorted before next tuesday (and provided I CAN remove squirrel and let you in), i think that should be fine. I'll check in tonight and accept the applications/make the changes then. Welcome to the divisions ;-).

JamesCoombs
06-10-2011, 04:25 PM
I'll be home in a couple of hours, I'll try then. Orcs were okay weren't they?

ntw
06-10-2011, 04:31 PM

Orcs is OK.

I'm sure we've never been able to replace anyone mid season before, but I'm more than willing to be pleasantly surprised if it works :)

Vexing Vision
06-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Yep, you're getting the last Orcspot before the race maxes out, I believe.

By the way, ntw, did I ever get around to congratulate for rather nice spreadsheet-magic? Can I hire you to revamp our company's spreadsheet chaos? Your formulas have a certain erotic aesthetic to them that I find hard not to be impressed at. This is of course not an attempt to bribe you for our upcoming game. Probably.

Zoraster
06-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Thinking about it none other than our Lord Groovy replaced Daaave after the first round of the Open last season so there is a bit of RPS evidence to support the case :) If there is a problem give me a prod and I'll see if I can identify the issue.

Wolfenswan
06-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Write me in for the next free spot. I'd take Orcs or Amazons.

ntw
06-10-2011, 04:59 PM

Write yourself in (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CLqFqKgH&key=0ApZtTuVnFIbvdDRKQ20yb0N1Zy1FMlcybFFFQ0VreXc&hl=en&authkey=CLqFqKgH#gid=24) you lazy bugger :p

/Edit - although Orcs is currently full, lots of space in Amazons though. Huge, sweeping vistas of Amazon availability

Screwie
06-10-2011, 05:00 PM

Damn you... now my brain has imagined Orcazons.

ntw
06-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Yep, you're getting the last Orcspot before the race maxes out, I believe.

By the way, ntw, did I ever get around to congratulate for rather nice spreadsheet-magic? Can I hire you to revamp our company's spreadsheet chaos? Your formulas have a certain erotic aesthetic to them that I find hard not to be impressed at. This is of course not an attempt to bribe you for our upcoming game. Probably.

To be honest I'm slightly concerned about the sheet achieving sentience if I make too many more changes to it. But overall I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out considering I was kinda learning GoogleSpreadSheets as I went along (from a decent background in M$Excel). I look forward to our completely unfixed league match. ;)

JamesCoombs
06-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Damn you... now my brain has imagined Orcazons.Team Name, sorted.

Vexing Vision
06-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Damn you... now my brain has imagined Orcazons.

Mine can punch you harder next time? Rawr.

LowKey
06-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Huge, sweeping vistas of Amazon availability

mmm supple

Schizoslayer
06-10-2011, 07:49 PM

Speaking as the only passing team in what has now turned into a bashy division no Orcs aren't OK ;)

desvergeh
06-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Final score:

Red Skull Reavers 1
Salems Lot 0

A very closely fought game. Some lucky rolls in the second half almost allowed me to equalize, but a last minute tackle from a beastman denied me the point.

President Weasel
06-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Division 3!

Chaos Mans Versus Necromantics!

President Weasel v Desvergeh!

1930 o'clock!

A hard fought match ended up 1-0 to my Chaos Mans after I managed to get the ball over the line at the end of the first half, and stall the undead abominations for the second. The game was pretty close right up until the last turn, with a wight one dicing a chaos man and grabbing the ball, and the only chaos man in range making two go for its to take him down and KO him before he could quite cross the line.

Arnisarus
06-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Division A - Prefhistoric VS Red ones go fasta

Lizards vs Orcs

ended in a 1 - 1 draw however it was very much the orcs game, with no skinks left on the pitch in the end game and a few saurus injuries with none in return :)

Jiiiiim
06-10-2011, 10:15 PM
on a related note, the skillpoints earned from my punchfest with laneford have got me my second +St Block Saurus.

So happy.

groovychainsaw
06-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Thinking about it wolfenswan, if you're paying attention to this thread and get in quick enough you could always step in for the 'filler' team i put in division E if you like? It looks like orcs are all used up, but amazons are definitely free. If you get an application in sharpish (tonight/tomrrow night) you're more than welcome...

Windward
07-10-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm also still up for any spare places in this season if they come up including the filler on E, but I'll give dibs to the other coaches above me, otherwise it's onwards to the challenge league! Mmm... Astroturf...

imirk
07-10-2011, 12:20 AM
More Like Astro-Granite!

groovychainsaw
07-10-2011, 11:39 AM
I still have no applications in in the game for either E or F. If you're interested in playing, we need you to apply pretty much immediately, as the first game 'week' will be over on monday and we don't want to hold up anyone else (you'll need to try an organise your game ASAP). So put a team in if you want to play! If I see one in there I'll accept it today, otherwise we'll have to continue with the 2 filler teams we have in there.

President Weasel
07-10-2011, 12:23 PM
To anyone who has expressed an interest in the slots:

MAKE TWO TEAMS
APPLY ONE TEAM TO DIVISION E AND ONE TO DIVISION F WITHIN THE CYANIDE GAME
DO THIS NOW

Let Groovy sort out which team to accept where - one assumes if he only gets two apps from the same person, he'll just accept you into E.

DO THIS NOW (OR THIS EVENING WHEN YOU GET HOME)
SRSLY

Don't worry about who asked first or which slot is open on the spreadsheet - at this point, Groovy needs to put bodies in the divisions and the most important thing is getting the applications in inside the cyanide game.

Wolfenswan
07-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Doing that now.

Edit: doesn't work. "Applications not accepted".

Arnisarus
07-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Also if you have a pretty wife/girlfirend/sister/milf, take pictures of her naked and post here... it's mandatory for new bloodbowl players.

Zoraster
07-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Groovy: teams have to be removed from the league before an application can be made. There has to be an existing vacancy for a mid-season application to work.

JamesCoombs
07-10-2011, 03:19 PM
I still have no applications in in the game for either E or F. If you're interested in playing, we need you to apply pretty much immediately, as the first game 'week' will be over on monday and we don't want to hold up anyone else (you'll need to try an organise your game ASAP). So put a team in if you want to play! If I see one in there I'll accept it today, otherwise we'll have to continue with the 2 filler teams we have in there.Yeah I tried to join a few times last night, until a space is made, the game won't allow me to apply. My team is set up, and I'll try again tonight (about 2 hours time).

Xercies
07-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Just Played my Div 5 Match with Gorm today. 2-0 to me. It might have been 1-1 if gorm had maybe a bit more men or pushed harder, because he had some vamps with the ball right next to my touchdown line and it took awhile to get the ball off him. With lots of fails and re-rolls. It was quite tense. After that though he was kind of having a losing battle with the amount of men he had, dodging helped him a lot and he nearly took away the ball from me near the end but I got it off him since it was only one guy and he wasn't that well protected. Gorm fought valiantly despite the numbers issue.

Gorm
07-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Yea was a good game, i'm pleased with my vamps performance even though we lost. Now i have an amazing 9 man team ready for next game and should have enough to buy one more thrall. Meaning i will only have one journeyman, instead of the four i had for this match.

President Weasel
07-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Journeythralls - I might recommend saving your money til you've got enough to field 12 mans. Not much point putting a brand new thrall out there to be injured when you could put some hirelings you don't care about into the line of fire instead.
Some might say you should buy your mans as early as possible so they have time to level up, but the beauty of my plan (or Operation Cannon Fodder, as I call it) is that if any of your disposable journeymen has the amazing luck to not only survive the match unhurt but also to pick up a decent number of SPPs, you'll have the cash on hand to buy him at the end of the game.

(this is also a course of action I would recommend with journeychaosmans, journeyrats, journeyskeletons, journeyorcs, journeynorse, journeyzons, journeyhumans and journeyrotters. Maybe less so with journeyelves though - one of the advantages of the elfs is that you can expect even the rawest newbie to be able to pick the ball up and pass it, so you might not want to risk loner spoiling your plans.)

Gorm
07-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Yea this is true, i was thinking about it before. I forget that you can buy the journeymen if they do well so i'll probably go with what you said.

Screwie
07-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Well I've never been a position to afford it, but I was wondering...

Is Cyanide accurate in only offering the linemen/women/rats/things that turn up automatically as available for hire, or should mercenaries you've paid for with inducements also be purchasable after a match?

Also, do journeymen lose Loner once you hire them?

Kelron
07-10-2011, 05:38 PM
I think that's correct, but I haven't played tabletop. They do lose Loner.

duff
07-10-2011, 05:38 PM
They definitely lose loner, not sure about the first quesiton.

Jiiiiim
07-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Managed to get the Phill-Cameron All-Lizard scrapping match done. DINOBATTLE ENGAGE.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9452/lizards.jpg

Rakysh
07-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Best. Match report. Ever.

President Weasel
07-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Jiiim just lost the "makes the best match reports" crown to... Jiiim again!
Hail to the King, baby.

Jarvis
07-10-2011, 09:52 PM
I vote that match reports be made the official end of season tie breaker thus sending jim up the league table.

Jolima
08-10-2011, 09:25 AM
It seems no one else did it, so I just kicked out the filler teams in div E and F.

Reserves: Get applying! It works now!

Windward
08-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Hokay, have applied to F, thanks Jolima! Haven't got time to make another team to apply to E.

Jolima
08-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Accepted the application and fixed the spreadsheet to have the correct schedule. Please organize your match with Schizoslayer in the forum group as soon as you can.

There's still a slot open in div E.

Vexing Vision
08-10-2011, 10:23 AM
I want to end up in the same div as Jiiiiim. This is now my ultimate goal for the league.

Please, players in the top leagues, do not drop or reroll unless required to do so, because I need to calculate how many wins and losses I now need.

Wolfenswan
08-10-2011, 11:01 AM
I've applied for Div E.

Jolima
08-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Accepted. Which means all slots are now filled.

Wolfenswan
08-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Grand, i'll see to it that i play my game against moot asap.

onestepfromlost
08-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Maddave and I played our match today and it was a game of give and take
De-Composure (onestepfromlost) 0-2 Fly soup (Maddave123)

Im rubbish at these so ill just summarise, Basically after a superb pass across the field from one side to the other dave got his first touchdown, but i made up for it by killing his level 3 beast and one of his beastmen (i think) then he scored again. Ill take the loss for the satisfaction of killing his beast :D

ntw
08-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Dear Jiiim,
I am intrigued by DinoJesus and wish to find out more, do you have a pamphlet I can subscribe to?
Yours, in eternal awe,
ntw

MadDave123
08-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I think my pestigors were the most agile they've ever been in this game.

Also, you killed my Beast... ;_;

Hate. Mummies. So. Much.

Jiiiiim
08-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Good man. Good beast-killing man. We should make a club.

Nullkigan
08-10-2011, 04:57 PM
The beast is gone? Awesome!

The mummies are still kicking? Nooooooo!

laneford
08-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Good man. Good beast-killing man. We should make a club.

Me and Dave will form a Beast memorial society.

ntw
08-10-2011, 05:01 PM

I'm there too.

mootpoint
08-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Wolfeswan turned out to be a very agreeable chap to play against, and as I felt he should get a warm welcome I let him win by 2 - 0. It had absolutely nothing to do with him playing very well and me being down a treeman while getting the full Nuffling. No no not at all.

(Meanwhile back in reality I really only had one chance to equalise, in turn 7 I threw my ballcarrier toward the endzone, a nice throw it was, but he decided to land one square short. Hoping that the block that would surely come the next turn would result in a push or ! I ran him as far as I could. But luck was something I did not have this game. He got pounded into the ground first thing the next turn.)

Thanks again Lupus Cygnus! Well played and nice to meet you!

President Weasel
08-10-2011, 09:54 PM
The beast is gone? Awesome!

The mummies are still kicking? Nooooooo!

Hah, I'm glad I am not in that division. All I have to play next is... wait, what? Dwarfs? Nooooooo!

MadDave123
08-10-2011, 10:07 PM
*bows head*

LowKey
08-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Just played Combat, a handsome 2-0 to that fine fellow, he played a good game and with numerous injuries and KO's (started the second half with 8 and think I was down to 4 players by the end) I couldnt hold back the chaos horde

Vexing Vision
09-10-2011, 02:36 AM
Aggressive Negotiations vs Seaside Sirens

The Sirens have five goals: Kill a Skink. Five times. They bring in Zara the Slayer as support act, hoping her additional power at stabbing things will help. Spoiler: It didn't. It really, really didn't.

Sadly, said goals are difficult to achieve as Aggressive Negotiations kick-off the ball (the Amazons' choice) and promptly get a Blitz, stopping the initial hunt for Skinks quite significantly. Surprised by the Blitz, the tackle-Saurus of the Negotiations allows itself to be crowdsurfed in Turn 2.

Xanthia Skinkslayer makes Goal #1 in turn 2 - one badly hurt skink down, four to go. One Blitzer didn't get the memo and instead scores a goal in turn 3.

Nuffle has an eye on the girls. While Zara is merely scaring Skinks away, the other Blitzers do their job and punch and knock the Sauri down whenever they get up without offering any chance at retaliation.

One skink read the wrong tactic book - grabbing the ball, passing it to the other side, he knocks himself out in a desperate attempt to outrun the Amazon blitzers. Two down, three to go.

A lot of things happen this drive. Two clearing throws from the Amazons fail. The Kroxigor accidentally knocks the ball free, and Zara herself out. Both teams were close to scoring, and the ball passes back and forth but without crossing either touchdown line. Another skins gets KO'ed.

In the second half, the KO'ed skink comes back to live. There's three skinks, 11 Amazons and a couple of unimportant Sarui in the field.

More pushing around of the dodgy Amazons, and Zara gets a chance to redeem herself. Which she does, in the eyes of the lizards, by rolling another lonered doubleskulls on a Skink, knocking herself out completely.

The next few turns see Sauri that can't block, Amazons that can't dodge and Skinks who can't pick up a ball even if it's covered in spikes. Or maybe because it's covered in spikes.

One of the two surviving skinks scores a desperate touchdown in turn 15 after the Sirens repeatedly fail some critical dodges, leaving the Amazons with two more turns to win the game.

Zara, of course, remains asleep. The Sauri take revenge and smash in the head of the -MA scrimmage fodder Amazon.

The Sirens set up for a pass-hand-off-blitz-touchdown combo in Turn 16. All key players are in place. Apart from the initial catcher's hands, which fumble the catch... probably shocked about her sisters untimely death, the game ends 1-1 and the Sirens lose a fan-factor due to a very low roll. :(

imirk
09-10-2011, 03:48 PM
2-1 to the Betties

A brutal first quarter saw 5 of the rookie humans out 3 with injuries and 2 koed until the 4th quarter. The Betties punched their way to a 1-0 halftime lead. And kicked to the depleted Avengers who between getting a touchback and champion level coaching leveled at 1-1 on turn 11. Bolstered by their revived players things looked hopeful for a draw, but elf-like blitzer play saw the bettys surge into the lead on turn 15 2-1, mild punching and a backwards lateral later the whistle blew final score 2-1.

GG Zoraster you certainly did your best to make shit-ade

Schizoslayer
09-10-2011, 07:45 PM
4-1 to the Bullet Head Bills. It was an excellent game with some incredibly variable weather. I'll let Windward give the full match report. I'm not looking forwards to me game against Valids Norsemen though.

DarkFenix
10-10-2011, 03:12 AM
1-1 between me and duff, not much to say about the match really. After duff getting the ball clear and scoring in turn 4 the remaining 12 turns consisted of my chaos slowly bashing the ball up the field, culminating in a turn 16 equaliser.

Only one injury a side so not many SPP, but I did manage to level my remaining two chaos warriors, one of whom has rolled +1St.

imirk
10-10-2011, 03:36 AM
Only one injury a side so not many SPP, but I did manage to level my remaining two chaos warriors, one of whom has rolled +1St.

MMM Chaos Ogre!

DarkFenix
10-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Yup, my minotaur is going to have to work hard for his pay now. Negative traits, lower AV, AG and no general access, oh yes he's going to have to work hard. Especially since his only contribution to the last match was getting injured and using up my apothecary.

Unfortunately the karma of that double 6 is going to make it impossible for me to get doubles for many level ups to come. On the plus side, chaos teams don't really need doubles a whole lot.

Rakysh
10-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Weeeee, one of my treemen got block. Absurdly joyous.

karandraz
10-10-2011, 05:36 PM
I now have a level 5 skink. I didnt evan think they could live that long!

Rakysh
10-10-2011, 05:41 PM
How've you built it?

Vexing Vision
10-10-2011, 05:44 PM

*grumbles* Should have gone for the stab, not the block.

imirk
10-10-2011, 05:49 PM

you are such a tease!

Mr Dragon
11-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Dead Can-Can 1:0 Rok-Ard Nobz

I had 110k of petty cash to spend and blew it on two Bloodweiser Babes, who never got to do anything.

After winning the flip, I decided to receive. Two turns of back-and-forth later, I commited to the right flank. My advance quickly came to a grinding halt right away. I didn't manage to move so much as three squares up the pitch in the following four turns and had two players pushed over the sideline.
Funnily enough, what finally allowed me to score was Grinn exploiting a hole in my cage to one-die-block my ball carrier, resulting in a turnover (attacker down re-rolled into attacker down). This timely intervention by Nuffle allowed me to slip through his line with my ball carrier and tie up all of his players in range with the remains (hurhurhur) of my team, leading to a turn 8 TD.
Unfortunately, what I expected to be a one-turn beating turned into a two-turn scoring opportunity due to a riot. I barely managed to stave off the green horde, once again with a little help from Nuffle in the form of a fumbled pass.

The second half looked very much like a repeat of the first one with switched sides, the major difference being that I failed to crowdsurf any Orcs. And unlike me, Grinn wasn't blessed by Nuffle, so his final push, which very well could've resulted in a turn 16 equaliser, ended when he failed to pick up the ball that had been dropped the turn before.
Overall a a fairly slow game with quite a bit of blocking going on. Still, casualties were limited to a Ghoul having his head bashed in and a Black Orc being killed in action - I'd like to apologise in the name of the Mummy responsible for the incident, he keeps fatally underestimating the might of his blows. Our green friend is going to live on in the place were our hearts used to be, and on the pitch whenever a replacement player is needed.

karandraz
11-10-2011, 12:13 AM
How've you built it?

first three skills all from agility so hes got catch, sprint, sure feet. Use him to get some where to intercept or for a naughty hand off (sounds wrong when i type that!).

fourth skill however was a double roll and after uming and ahhing it i decided to try nerves on steel, was going to give him block as well everyone tries to kill my poor innocent skinks :P

Still holding out for that +1 agility on a skink though. That's where the magic is.

karandraz
11-10-2011, 12:16 AM
you are such a tease!

You'l get there imirk, my skinks have been kicking for oah my gosh is it over a year?!

Dont tell alh_p or ntw i want to make it through this season in one piece ;)

Jiiiiim
11-10-2011, 12:25 AM
On the one hand I've been happy that after four or five seasons I still haven't actually lost or retired a skink. On the other, that AG4 remains elusive also. I had This Skinky Fellow (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7347048) on fumbbl that was an absolute joy to use.

karandraz
11-10-2011, 12:35 AM
On the one hand I've been happy that after four or five seasons I still haven't actually lost or retired a skink. On the other, that AG4 remains elusive also. I had This Skinky Fellow (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7347048) on fumbbl that was an absolute joy to use.

jiiim that skink is a beast! could really use one of those for my next two matches. Ive been surprised how durable my team has been, although i say that, dark fenix's rats did kill my krox!

I hope the divsions align at some point and we end up having a match, it will be like one of those godzilla movies :)

LowKey
11-10-2011, 09:00 AM
2-1 to snoozers dwarfs, good game which I felt I had pretty bad luck for most of until the last three or so turns where I had crazy good luck, my bloodwiser babes proved their worth a hundred times over, the deathroller got stuck knocking one of the mummies down for most of the half, I had no serious injuries and snoozer had a few with one death, and I finished the game 1 square away from scoring :(

ntw
11-10-2011, 09:59 AM
You'l get there imirk, my skinks have been kicking for oah my gosh is it over a year?!

Dont tell alh_p or ntw i want to make it through this season in one piece ;)

alh_p - leave some skinks alive for me to kill please!

grinn
11-10-2011, 10:59 AM
1-0 to Mr Dragon's Undead. First half was a slow lock-down down my flank with player from both sides shoved out of the pitch to the mercy of an overly gentle crowd (not even a single KO for either side). The green skinned rockers were closing in and within blocking distance by turn 6 but a string of skulls gave Mr Dragon's ghouls a nice, and much needed opening and TD. Enraged fans start a riot in the last turn of the first half causing the ref to move the clock backwards. The orcs get a touch back but are not in position to form a cage while also moving far enough forward, so Jonni Gold takes the ball upfield in a desperate sprint, with Izzy Stradler running up the opposite flank. Jonni is floored by an onslaught of undead and the ball drops within reach of Bo-No the thrower. Bo-No manages to pick up the ball from right under a smelly ghoul and tries to hand off to Ingi Gobsteel, that is 2 go for its away from an equalizer.
Needless to say the catch is failed and the half ends.

The second half sees the Rok-Ard Nobz receiving the ball and spending the entire half moving their cage more sideways than forward. Finally the make it close the end zone on the right flank, but they got bogged down once again in dry bones and rotten flesh. But on the far flank Ingvi Gobsteel has freed himself and is being protected by a Black Orc, Flava Nob. Bo-No the caged thrower signals for the cage to move centrewards and in two turns is within easy reach of Ingvi, who, once again is too pre-occupied with air-guitaring than catching the damned squig-skinned ball.

The match ends 1-0 to the undead.

A black orc meets an early bloodbowl death after years of Rok-Ard bouncering: you will not be forgotten Tu-Nob Tukur.

alh_p
11-10-2011, 12:21 PM
alh_p - leave some skinks alive for me to kill please!

Hmm. We'll see if I have enough of a team to do the stink stomp after tonight's match.

DarkFenix
11-10-2011, 01:04 PM
I find myself wanting a rematch with Karandraz's lizards, I quite fancy a crack at his new krox. Now I have a team with access to claws to do the dirty :)

ntw
11-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Hmm. We'll see if I have enough of a team to do the stink stomp after tonight's match.

Chaos vs Nurgle tonight - it could be quite the bloodbath...

Vexing Vision
11-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Do kill a few... creatures for me, Sweeties?

alh_p
11-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Chaos vs Nurgle tonight - it could be quite the bloodbath...

or in your team's case, a pus-bath. Mingers.

Rawwar
11-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Hi there,

I've just discovered this site and it's Blood Bowl League. Looking at the age of the first post I assume I'm too late to join but the sheet still works etc so I'll ask for nothing...

I think I've done everything require like joining the Steam group so let me know.

Thanks

Rich

imirk
11-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi there,

I've just discovered this site and it's Blood Bowl League. Looking at the age of the first post I assume I'm too late to join but the sheet still works etc so I'll ask for nothing...

I think I've done everything require like joining the Steam group so let me know.

Thanks

Rich

This league restarts in "Seasons" about once a month. You'll be assigned to a division when this season finishes (we just finished match "day" [~10 days] 1 of 3. so it will be 3~ish weeks before the next one) Anyway, I've not check the spreadsheet to see if you've chosen a team/race but we've got limits so that it doesn't become 50% orcs or whatever OCC has. In the mean time I'd suggest you check out our challenge league http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?147-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Challenge-League

Right, looks like you aren't in the spreadsheet yet, just plonk yourself in the next "free slot" looks like orcs and chaos is all taked so any team but those are free game and you'd be "Division" N3

President Weasel
11-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Welcome, new player. You need to add yourself to the bottom of the Season Info page of the spreadsheet (I think that would be line 81 at the moment). For "Division" put N3, to show you're third in the list of new players for next season.
When choosing a team, check the "race balance" tab - looks like orcs and chaos are full at the moment, but all the other races have at least one free slot.
You also need to keep an eye on this thread, particularly in about, what, 2 and a half weeks? Something like that, when this season ends. There's usually a bit of a scramble to sort out the promotions and demotions and joining and leavings, and then to get everyone to apply to the right divisions and get the next season started.

As imirk mentioned, we have a challenge league if you fancy some games with some of us while you wait for this season to wrap up; post in the challenge league thread if you'd like to put a team in and we'll happily accept you.

groovychainsaw
11-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Week 1 finished last night, everyone got their games in (apart from ntw +al, who are playing tonight), so well done! (Especially to the guys who only arrived on friday!). All games were validated and the divisions moved on to match day 2. We have 10 days to get our next game in. Get going if you haven't already!

Vexing Vision
11-10-2011, 08:14 PM
A mistake! An outrage! There is a MISTAKE in the sheet, as ntw kindly pointed out to me today.

I think he's afraid of meeting the fists of REAL WOMEN.

Okay, back to the negotiation table. Unless you're around, alh_p...

alh_p
11-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Sorry, I can't fit another game in this evening. When are you back again?

Vexing Vision
11-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Check the group stuff... I'll be around until Friday. After that, it'll be a tricky thing.

Jolima
11-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Me and mrpier just played our game in the championship, ending in a 2-0 win for me. One big reason was mrpier's dwarves proving almost as fragile as my thralls and he had to play with 9 players or less from the second half. I had a slight chance at scoring a 3-0 TD in the last round. It required a nice pushback, two thrall dodges, one thrall pickup in a tacklezone and then a 4+ pass. Everything came through until the pass, which mrpier's AG4 dwarf blitzer managed to intercept.

Also, I now have an AG5 Vampire again. I just hope he last longer than the late AG6 one who he was summoned to replace.

bazooka71
11-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi all, just started playing Blood Bowl and thought I would join an online league. I've taken a look around and like this one! I will stick my name on the list to join for next season

Schizoslayer
11-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Valiant Vanquishers Vs Bullet Head Bills (Div F)

With the Bills winning the toss they decided to kick to the Norsemen setting up in a classic ziggurat formation. Lulled into a false sense of security the Vanquishers are caught off guard on the kick as the Bills surge forwards immediately with a blitz result on the kick off table. One of the Elven Blitzers punched through the Norse lines heading for ball that was kicked short with 4 of his team mates close behind. This over-zealousness was to prove costly as it left the wings completely open for the Norse to stream down.

The Vanquishers rallied and started to take apart the line of scrimmage with ruthless efficiency with the Yeti knocking out one of the line-elves and two others left on the ground. To make matters worse a blitz from one of the werewolves left a line-elf with a pinched nerve and the Bills two Elves down in just one turn. Grabbing the ball the Vanquishers cage up behind the Yeti.

In retaliation for the injuries the Bills blitz the corner of the Norse cage and mark the ball carrier KO'ing one of their line-men in the process. The Yeti roars however and charges at the Blitzer knocking him around the pitch - The Blitzer sidesteps from one blow only to be caught by a second and knocked over. The Ball carrier now free of any markers he sprints down field towards the end zone with his team mates providing cover.

With all of the Elves out of range of the ball carrier there is little they can do to stop the inevitable touchdown. One brave soul tries to escape from his shadow but trips over his own feet landing face down in the dirt. With nobody left to oppose them the Vanquishers run in the touchdown comfortably.

The Bills set-up to receive and they take advantage of a relatively weak wing setting up half their team on that side ready to make a break for a two turner. Their adrenaline still surging they take the defence by surprise and a quick snap sees the Line of scrimmage breaking away from the fearsome Yeti (well wouldn't you?). The Blitzers lead the way clearing the wing of its defenders while several line-elves fall back to proved a defensive screen for the thrower. The Vanquishers charge towards the Elves but only succeed in knocking down one of them and are unable to mark the Thrower. A dodge and a blitz from one of the receivers frees the leading Blitzer from his mark ready to receive a perfect pass from the Thrower running in the equalizer.

The Bills set-up in a 3-6-2 formation as they are down one player and kick the ball high and deep. Too high it seems as the Vanquishers thrower has plenty of time to get right under the ball. The sun must have been in his eyes though as he fumbles the catch. Yet again the Elves on the line are taken apart by the Vanquishers and to make matters worse a Werewolf charges straight at the Bills thrower knocking him into the air and causing him to spend the rest of the game in the injury box badly hurt. The Elves gang up on the lone Werewolf in retaliation while one of the Blitzers breaks through the Vanquishers defences to mark their ball carrier.

The Vanquishers Yeti barges through the Elves and chases one of them down eventually pushing him into the mass of Elves set to exact revenge on the Werewolf. The Elves though are too enraged and one of them manages to dodge free and helps his friends take down the Werewolf badly hurting him. An eye for an eye. So encouraged by this the other Elves manage to stun the Yeti and mark up the Norse ball carrier.

The elf Blitzers dance around the Vanquishers side-stepping every swing and staying glued to the ball carrier. One of the Line-Elves manages to break for the end zone in anticipation of a pass if the ball gets free. A series of botched blocks on both sides end with the Vanquishers having to try and hand off the ball to get it free. Unfortunately the receiver fails to catch it and the ball is loose although marked by multiple Norsemen.

With only moments to go to the half time whistle an elven Blitz manages to KO one line man but nothing will make getting the ball any easier. It seems like the half will end 1-1.

Except Suionuduil decides that now is his time to shine. breaking away from his mark he manages to dive between two Norse players before snatching the ball up as he rolls to his feet. He Ducks away from the Norse players and breaks for freedom before pulling off a long pass to a LineElf that had been waiting patiently for just such a play. The Catch is good and the Elf sprints for the line bringing the score to 2-1 as the Half time whistle blows.

The second half starts with the Bills receiving the kick and with one of the Vanquishers Werewolves missing they set-up on the same wing. Another quick snap sees a line elf get under the ball but failing to catch it. Instead he manages to pick it up and the Elves form a cage around him as the Blitzers try to punch through the Wing. The Blitzers are unable to knock anybody down though leaving two Norse players in danger of being crowd surfed. Egged on by the crowd one of the Norsemen punches his assailant to the ground and a loud CRACK is heard. At first glance it looks like one of the Bills has been killed but some Elven healing undoes the worst of the damage and he is left with a smashed hip.

The remaining Werewolf manages to dodge into the Elven cage and knock the ball carrier over leaving the ball loose. One Elf manages to dodge free of his mark and collect the ball but is left open and vulnerable. A Norse line-man gets knocked into the crowd by a Blitzer but is only stunned while one of the Elves fails his dodge and falls flat. The yeti roars and charges at the ball carrier knocking him over. The ball bounces and several players on both sides fail to catch it. Meanwhile the last Werewolf manages to break both the helmet and skull of one of the Bills line-elves putting a third Elf in the injury box.

A Norse lineman picks up the loose ball moments before being knocked over and the ball is sent flying into the hands of a terrified Elf; terrified because he was stood next to a rampaging Yeti at the time. The line-elf gets smacked in the back and drops the ball which again gets collected by one of the Vanquishers who this time makes a run for the End Zone. An Elven Blitzer chases down the line-man but is unable to bring him down. While all this was going on a group of Elves had been on a rampage in the Vanquishers half and had spread out ready for the pass they were sure would come.

An overenthusiastic Wolf sprints towards the Blitzer threatening the Norse Ball carrier and manages to slip up at the last moment skidding along the ground face first. The Elven Blitzer lands a solid punch on the ball carrier knocking the ball free. A nearby line-elf collects the ball and throws it down field to a waiting Blitzer who jogs sedately towards the end zone as he tries to run down the clock a little. The Vanquishers put pressure on the rest of the Elves in order to discourage a stall by the Bills and with two Elves about to be crowd surfed the Blitzer runs in the touchdown bringing the score to 3-1.

With only 3 turns to go and only 8 players on the pitch the Bills set-up a deep defence planning to try and stall the Vanquishers from scoring. Another Elf goes down on the line of scrimmage with a pinched nerve making four casualties in total. However before the Norse Thrower is able to get to the ball one of his team mates manages to knock himself over. Rather than stay and fight the Elves form up in columns dodging away from the line of scrimmage. The pressure at this point getting to the Norse thrower he is unable to pick up the ball and the yeti just roars with rage rather than doing anything useful. The Elves reform their columns but one line-man has managed to get in sprinting range of the end zone. The Norse thrower collects the ball and attempts a long pass unfortunately fumbling the ball in the process. The final whistle blows and the game ends - Bullet Head Bills 3, Valiant Vanquishers 1.

ntw
12-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Hi all, just started playing Blood Bowl and thought I would join an online league. I've taken a look around and like this one! I will stick my name on the list to join for next season

Ensure you check back in about 2-3 weeks time so as not to miss the start of next season.

@ Rawwar - You'll need to put your details on the sheet, bazooka71 snuck in and stole the next new players slot (N3), but there's always room for more players and we try our best to get everyone in the league if at all possible.

As mentioned above by Vex, looks like there was a cockup in the spreadsheet (when the new players were added at the last second?) or in the BBLE league admin (did anyone check the fixtures before starting the season?). Either way the result is that DivB weeks 2 & 3 are currently the wrong way around on the sheet, I'll have a proper look at it tomorrow and try to fix the sheet a least.

@ Vex - my Nurglers are looking forward to recruiting some of your lovely ladies after a reptilian workout to get into shape.

ntw
12-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Sheet fixed for DivB Fixtures.

My match vs alh_p was played last night, brief match report from memory follows -

World Beaters of Khorne (Chaos) vs Team Pestilence (Nurgle)
The World Beaters of Khorne (WBK) won the toss and elected to kick to Team Pestilence (TP), WBK were missing their Minotaur and only able to field 11 players so TP's strategy was obviously going to be a war of attrition - something WBK tried to mitigate by hiring an extra Apothecary before the match.
TP started the game reasonably well managing to take out 2 of WBK within a few turns (including one MNG Apo-ed to DEAD) and push up the left flank into WBK territory. The Chaosmans responded by moving everyone across and TP managed to run a Pestigor up the right flank into space, looking to grab a score early TP then blitzed a path for the carrier to run into the centre field and make a pass to the unmarked Pestigor. Long pass, but the thrower is +1AG and I have a reroll, 3+ will do it...so of course Nuffle offers me a 1, rerolled to a 2. The ball drops at the throwers feet and Chaosmans swarm forward, quickly securing the ball and making off up the field. Shortly after they score and the rest of the half is uneventful.

Half Time : World Beaters of Khorne 1 - 0 Team Pestilence
WBK are weakened, but come out fighting like lions (strange, tentacled, horned lions admittedly), whilst TP's Beast seems to spend the entire half staring at the floor (it was probably only 3-4 consecutive Really Stupid rolls failed but it felt like the entire half). After a few turns WBK manage to do what TP couldn't in the first half and successfully pass the ball to an open receiver, an heroic effort by a -1MV rotter gets a tackle in, but the Chaosmans are able to get reinforcements around the ball (helped by the stupid UI forcing TP to make and fail an unintentional dodge). Another heroic last ditch effort comes to nothing when an easy dodge (3+) fails as does the reroll and WBK score again when TP start applying pressure by battering anyone they can reach.
WBK are only able to field 6-7 players by this point so TP are able to claim a consolation score in the final turn of the game.

Final Score : World Beaters of Khorne 2 - 1 Team Pestilence
Even alh_p commented on how unlucky I was being at times with the dice, but he wasted no time capitalising on any chance available. It was a good game nonetheless against a nice opponent.
At some point TP also managed to kill one of the Chaosmans so we have got a new recruit, but somehow despite the injuries, 1 TD and an MVP we managed to completely avoid levelling any players up. alh_p on the other hand managed to get a Lv5 Beastman from the game!

TL;DR - alh_p won on TDs, I won on carnage.

alh_p
12-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks ntw, good writeup that accurately reflects the game as I remember it too. Sounds a bit pat to say after the event that the important rolls didn't go your way but they really didn't. I tried to play with a cooler head than usual and didn't suffer too much (1 dead lvl2 Beastman) for leveraging my reduced and weakened team.

For once i think i had more block, or at least block in the right places, and made the bashing i needed to. It was a massive boon to me that your beast RS'd those few turns as it allowed me to keep at least one of your warriors tied up on the LoS as I desperately ran my beasts down the flank. 1 reason why WA is better than RS on a big guy... Although does WA allow guard to be used still?

Speaking of big-guys, I feel I often play better without the mino on the field, certianly burning through fewer RRs. My St4 beasty is a pretty good (and more reliable) blitzer and I probably think more about the team and scoring rather than following the urge to gore something.

Haven't rolled the level up on the beastman but he leaped forwards in spp this game: 3 from a TD, 1 from a pass (probably), 5 from MVP. It only entrenches the unequal concentration of SPP in my team...

mrpier
12-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Yes, wild animal allows guard and other skills to still be used. In the skill-description wild-animal only wastes an declared action, so tackle zones, guard, tentacles, prehensile tail, diving tackle and so on should still be active.

Jiiiiim
12-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I think with Minotaurs you have to kind of make a pact: "I will not use any rerolls or blitzes on this waster". They're an incredibly powerful battering ram, especially with tentacles or claw, they're invaluable on the frontline and they do a lot of damage. They're not, however, reliable in any way whatsoever. Just treat him as an artist and take whatever you can get.

alh_p
12-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Just treat him as an artist and take whatever you can get.

:) I like that analogy.