PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The many, many Divisions of Death!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

duff
12-10-2011, 03:00 PM
All this talk of minos is giving me an itch to try my hand at chaos - if anyone fancies a game in the challenge league with some fresh teams?

Screwie
12-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I will be about for a Challenge game tonight - and I have a newbie Chaos team to try... :)

duff
12-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Chaos v Chaos might be a bit boring? :p

Vexing Vision
12-10-2011, 04:48 PM
If it is, you're playing it wrong.

I'd be up late tonight for a match in the CHallenge league, I would love to play my TV 1000 Woodies a bit if you fancy an easy bash.

Screwie
12-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Chaos v Chaos might be a bit boring? :p

Well I could bring my Dark Elves instead. Ask PW how that will turn out ;)

If you fancy a really easy bash I have a virgin Ogre team in the league... two words that should never go in the same sentence... plus probably others.

duff
12-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Alright I'll be home around 8 or 9 tonight and will be on Steam.

Cacamas
12-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Another painful game for my dwarfs in Division 3. President Weasel's chaotic chaps were the opponents this time. Unlike the previous game against Groovy, injuries weren't the problem; I finished the game without suffering a single casualty and my troll-slayer even managed to fracture the mino's arm! (You're welcome, Groovy)

No, it was those damn, arbitrary dice. PW got a surfeit of 6's and POW's, I got the inverse. But luck is nothing without skill in BB (usually) and PW took full advantage, smashing my little fellas around with great gusto. My drive in the first half didn't get past the LOS, while PW scored in his final turn after judicious delaying tactics. Playing for pride in the final game now - much praying to Nuffle will occur in the meantime.

President Weasel
12-10-2011, 09:43 PM
The RPS Divisions of Death!

Division 3 - the Group of Death!

President Weasel's Red Skull Reavers (Chaos Mans) vs Cacamas's Cheese Dip Chompers (Stumpy-legged Psychotics)!

A bit after 7 oclock on a Wednesday evening!

Ladies and Gentlebeings! Welcome to the Grassy Knoll Stadium for tonight's main event, a subtle, tactical game between two exponents of the Beautiful Game, the Dwarf team coached by Cacamas and the Chaos Mans team coached by President Weasel. President Weasel there on the touchline, a man so devoted to the beautiful arts of blood bowl that he once said "if Nuffle had meant blood bowl to be played in the air then why did he just let my minotaur rip your thrower's arm clean off his body, you big elf pansy (http://www.great-quotes.com/quote/17258)".
It looks like President Weasel's drunk again, although given his normal coaching style it's actually quite difficult to tell.

The Chaos Mans kick off!
The dwarfs grabbing the ball there and grinding forward to the halfway line. Nice solid dwarfball there, forming a big blobby scrum and punching the other side.
And they're just past the halfway line there, mixed in with the chaos players. Bit of punching going on, oh, the minotaur's hurt! Looks like Weasel's apoc is on the field and I think Weasel can just be heard there shouting "WALK IT OFF, YOU BIG JESSIE, OR IT'S STEAK DINNERS TONIGHT". Looks like the cow man's taking no further part in this half.
And the dwarfs have the ball there just over the halfway line, and yes, bit of punching, not much going on.
And the dwarfs have the ball there, and they're not really going anywhere, and there's some more punching, and that's a nasty block roll there for the dwarfs which looks to have stalled them for another turn. Red Skull Reavers living up to their name today.
And the dwarfs, no wait, a chaos man has a hit on the ball carrier! It's a push.
Dwarfs, ball, just past the halfway - could you go get me a pie and some bovril or something?
Ooh, another nasty roll there for the dwarfs, they're finding it difficult to generate any momentum here.
The chaos mans have knocked the ball loose! Do you think we might see an exciting scoop and pass play here from the chaos?
No, looks like we're just going to get more punching and struggling and not really moving the ball.

Well, that was an exciting half ladies and gents, I'm sure you'll all agree.

It's an incredibly hot day here at the Sports Direct Grassy Knoll Stadium@sportsdirect.com, and the heat seems to be affecting the dwarfs rather more than the chaos mans. One assumes with all that armour and those stumpy legs they're not getting the same cooling breezes on their nether parts as whatever eldritch horrors the chaos mans keep under those loincloths.

The dwarfs lining up there and kicking high, and one of the faster chaos mans getting beneath the ball and catching it first try! Incredible stuff here! The chaos men now making the most of their speed and numbers advantage and trying to smash their way through on the right, bringing the ball up fast and protecting it with a loose screen.

Interesting, they've pulled the ball back out of dwarf range while they go for a complicated chain push manouevre, and a troll slayer's off the pitch and knocked out! And now the ball's coming back up the pitch and - my god, ladies and gentlemen, that's an actual hand off! The first time anyone has done anything with the ball all match other than hold on to it for a bit and then get punched. This is amazing stuff!

Well, the minotaur's off the pitch again, but it looks like the chaos mans have a definite numbers advantage now and the dwarfs are pretty much tied up. The ball carrier is poised on the touchline and the only dwarf who got close to it just got shunted off the pitch.
President Weasel just injected some excitement into the game by double skulling a block, but it looks like Cacamas just skull/both downed his attempt to make space for a dodge and a long range blitz attempt.
Weasel's looking genuinely terrified of making any more blocks now and can be heard yelling "get over the line right now you idiot". His motivational skills are on a par with his tactical acumen, what a coach this man is.

On the restart the teams are just about even - once again there are two or three dwarfs down with heat exhaustion, but that's balanced by a badly hurt chaos warrior and a minotaur who'll be missing the next game. It's all over bar a bit more punching though, unless Cacamas gets seriously lucky with the kickoff dice result - those stumpy little legs will never make it all the way to the end zone in a single turn.

President Weasel (and nuffle's Big Giant Thumb on the block scales) 1 - Cacamas (and the short end of the stick) 0

ntw
13-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Awesome.

Between Jiiim's and your match reports, I give up. I cannot compete.

Jiiiiim
13-10-2011, 12:17 AM
What you do, right, is copy-paste a load of images and put some unrelated speech bubbles on top of them. TELL NOBODY.

ntw
13-10-2011, 10:09 AM
What you do, right, is copy-paste a load of images and put some unrelated speech bubbles on top of them. TELL NOBODY.

I have one word to say which will prove you as a LIAR!

DinoJesus

That concept could only come from a brilliant (but warped) mind.

mrpier
13-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Not to take anything away from jiiiiims fantastic match-reports, but dinojesus is an established internet figure.

ntw
13-10-2011, 12:10 PM
It's like the first time you realise your parents are not infallible...

Jiiim, you have betrayed me!

President Weasel
13-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Brian Clough was a real person, too. Sorry ntw.
I don't think he ever said that thing about the minotaur though.

ntw
13-10-2011, 02:28 PM
All my dreams are crashing down around me.

DarkFenix
13-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Layer by layer, ntw's child-like innocence is being brutally stripped away by the nasty internet men.

LowKey
13-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Did you also know, ntw, that President Weasel is neither a weasel nor a president

ntw
13-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Somebody make it stop!

alh_p
13-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Did you also know, ntw, that President Weasel is neither a weasel nor a president

I think you're making quite a bit of an assumption there! Show me the evidence!

Christosaurus rex is at least FACT:(http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Christosaurus_rex.

Rakysh
13-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Coming back to the (admittedly much more boring) subject of division six, I beat DarkWeeble 2-0. Match report is coming. Oh, and spreadsheet is updated *cowers*.

Screwie
14-10-2011, 12:47 AM
Duff and I just had our Division 4 match. It was a very tentative game with both sides dancing around tackle zones instead of pressing together. My goblins were pretty outmatched by his dark elf squad (especially his AG 5 star blitzer), the final score being 4-1 to the pale pointy-eared ones.

Also my troll ate another goblin :D

duff
14-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Yeh Screwie thanks for the game. Was much closer than 4-1 suggests, you just seemed to have bad luck on crucial rolls (your pogo's leap roll on the blitz + the ball scatter for my third td).

And yeh your goblin blowing himself up and another one getting eaten by your troll was suitably epic.

LowKey
14-10-2011, 01:48 PM
just a heads up admin-mind, I think ill be dropping my undead out of the DoD and sign up with a new Skaven team after the end of this season, getting a bit bored with Undead's always solid yet dry game

edit: apart from mummies of course <3

Screwie
14-10-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm calling it now, the Bloody Gobbos will retire from the DoD at the end of this season. The poor little guys seem to have been cursed from the start with little of the good luck my other goblin teams have had and more of the bad.

I'd like to put my name down for a Dark Elf side next season (and snatch that final DE race pick before it goes). I've listed myself again at the bottom of the sheet as a new player, I'm not sure if that's how it normally happens.

Vexing Vision
14-10-2011, 02:43 PM
You need to wait until you played your final game, add a R or Z (can't remember which) and add the (DElfs) to your race.
I'll miss your gobos.

Hmm. Maybe I should restart with Woodies so we can have another fun punch-out and determine who's better once and for all! :P

ntw
14-10-2011, 02:52 PM
I've amended the sheet slightly so it can be used for this kind of thing easier.

Also updated LowKey & Screwie accordingly.

Screwie
14-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks ntw!

alh_p
15-10-2011, 10:16 AM
RPS Divisions of Death, Division B

VexingVision's 'zons 2 - My Chaos chaps 1

Highlights later.

fecking zons.

Vexing Vision
15-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Div B saw a violent Chaos vs Amazon match. Quite a few injuries, though mostly on the Chaos side.

First half:
- Amazons all have dodge.
- Amazons all have block.
- Amazons have armor made of meteorite in the rare case (one or two) where they have neither dodge nor block.
- Amazons all have nerves of steel and dump-off.
- Amazons all have mighty blow.

Second half:
- Meteorite armor evaporates in sunlight.
- Amazons can all run and scare Chaos Warriors into scoring at turn 15 instead of 16, giving Amazons another turn to equalize with a 5+ inaccurate pass that scattered just the right way for the diving catch catcher at the TD line.

Zara reestablished herself as worthwhile. Well done, girl.

alh_p's Apothecary deserves a medal for saving his Level 5 beastman from certain death.

2:1 for the Sirens and +2 casualties!

President Weasel
15-10-2011, 12:37 PM
a 5+ inaccurate pass that scattered just the right way for the diving catch catcher at the TD line.

Woah, pretty lucky there VV. On the other hand, you had to have put a diving catch player there in the first place to take advantage of the lucky scatter, so - good coaching, VV, nice win.

alh_p
15-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Woah, pretty lucky there VV.

It was lucky. I had been marking the catcher all match with my AG4/extra arms beastman in the hope of making an intercept.

In the final turn, I had the catcher in 2 tackle zones and blitzed with my st4/block beast blitzer -3 tackle dice -some thing like BD, Push and stumble came up. I RR'd for another 2 Push and 1 stumble...

This moved the catcher into only a single tackle zone and my "intereceptor" out of the direction of the eventual throw... Doh!

duff
15-10-2011, 03:47 PM
This moved the catcher into only a single tackle zone and my "intereceptor" out of the direction of the eventual throw... Doh!

Get pass block babe.

imirk
15-10-2011, 03:51 PM
2-0 to the Bettys in Div. E Wolfenswan said he'd do a more detailed write-up in a bit.

Wolfenswan
15-10-2011, 03:55 PM
2:0 for the bettys against my queens of the neighborhood.

http://i.imgur.com/KiBSf.gif

The receiving orcs deployed a sturdy cage in the first round against which all attempts at breakthrough failed and that ultimately ended in a touchdown in the sixth (?) round. The remaining rounds were spent in ganging up on orcs and actually permanently wounding one of their better blitzers. Though the Bettys hardly missed a chance to clobber my girls none of them suffered any injuries (so far).

The amazons failed to break through the orc defences in the second half and suffered KOs and injuries through the crowd. Even worse, the orcs managed to blitz through a gap in the offense and formed a new cage deep in the Queen's lines leading to the second and final touchdown of the game. A brave Amazon Blitzer tried stopping the Orc's ballcarrier but managed to slip and strain her groin while doing so. The rest of the game was spent in a bit of short range ball throwing and the audience was treated to the rare sight of a Black Orc not only picking up the ball but even passing it over the insane distance of 2 squares where *another* Black Orc managed to catch it.

Kelron
15-10-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm calling it now, the Bloody Gobbos will retire from the DoD at the end of this season. The poor little guys seem to have been cursed from the start with little of the good luck my other goblin teams have had and more of the bad.

I'd like to put my name down for a Dark Elf side next season (and snatch that final DE race pick before it goes). I've listed myself again at the bottom of the sheet as a new player, I'm not sure if that's how it normally happens.

Well I'm thinking of switching to Goblins, or at least something other than Dark Elves. So there will be an extra slot for them.

Would I be able to return with my DElf team at a later date if I don't use them in other matches?

LowKey
15-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Would I be able to return with my DElf team at a later date if I don't use them in other matches?

I was also wondering this if my foray with skaven turns out to be a disaster

ntw
15-10-2011, 10:19 PM
As the rules stand - No.

/edit - It'd be somewhat complicated to slot an experienced team back into the Divs. If they start at the bottom they will (/should) outclass the lower ranked teams. Whereas if they get boosted higher then it'll mean another team needs to dropout or something and it'll completely mess up the promotions/moves.

Jolima
15-10-2011, 11:09 PM
It might just as well un mess it up really, since we already have people dropping out / rebooting so we can't have straight promotions. That might work actually, allow old teams to rejoin only when they can replace another team which is dropping out from a sameish division. (A previous div 3-team could rejoin 3,C,4 or D perhaps?)

LowKey
15-10-2011, 11:10 PM
that's fair enough

ntw
16-10-2011, 12:47 AM
so potentially revised answer is - yes, if it suits us, but no guarantee :D

Pending approval from Our Gracious Ruler, the Benevolent Dictator GroovyChainsaw

Kelron
16-10-2011, 01:47 AM
I might continue with the team anyway if my last match can cheer me up. Feels like every time they're on the verge of being a well rounded team, another key player dies. It's the way of the Elves, I know, but it'd be nice if Nuffle would take an unskilled lineman for once instead of a blitzer.

Rakysh
16-10-2011, 08:08 AM
The Potholers Vs Big Bruised Ego.

As the teams walk down the tunnel, something feels... different for the Potholers. After a few moments of gesticulation and wild theorising, the team realises that it's expectation. With the Big Bruised Ego down an ogre and having to use three mercenary Snots, and the Halfling substitute bench packed this is not a fixture they should lose. Additionally, Hitty the Treeman picked up block after his last match, meaning that his thwacks should be extra effective. The ogres decide to kick and place their ogres on the Line of Scrimmage, facing off to the treemen- the rest of the pitch is filled with what both teams usually refer to as "ammunition". This'll certainly be an interesting one.

The ball goes deep, and two halflings rush back to collect, which they do. The trees, presumably unused to such gigantic opposition, only get a few pushes, but (from what I can tell) the first ever halfling three die block hammers a snot into the ground. Revenge is swift for the Ego though, as a halfling is Seriously Injured. Snots stream through the lines of the halflings, hoping to put pressure on the carrier. The halflings continue to move the ball up, but their movement five means that they're still actually in their own half at the end of the third turn. With the ogres tied up on the LoS, there's not a lot the Ego can do to capitalise however. One of the mercenary Grots is actually killed by a halfling. "Killed by a halfling" was something I have been resigned to never write, ever. Truly this is a fixture that must be played more often.

Anyway, an ogre finally manages to clear the LoS and looms over the ball carrier. The halfling essentially slides through his legs (as I'd like to think) and finally arrives in the Ogre half. At this rate, we'll have an eight turn touch down not because of gamesmanship or a lot of dropping the ball, but simply because the top halfling speed is a quick waddle. The ogre who'd escaped, not exactly blessed with quick movement either, gives chase as well, leading to a frankly absurd Movement Five sprint-off down the pitch, with one of the entrants literally eight times the size of the other. Grots are fired back from an ogre-cannon to try and help out, but it only results in a KO for the poor bastard. Another grot, Going For It to get back, manages to fall over so hard he Badly Hurts himself. Given that he only had about four inches to fall to the ground, this calls the structural integrity of grots as a concept into serious question. The chasing ogre is easily avoided, and the halfling makes it over the line in the seventh turn, putting the Potholers in the lead for the first time in their short (pun intended) history.

TD

As the teams return to the half-way line, the ogres are down three players, but the halflings can still field eleven! The Ego sets up for a throw-team-mate action, but a treeman manages to blitz the ball carrier and badly-hurts him, while a team of all of the other halflings attempt to gang-block a lone ogre to cheers from the crowd but little actual effect. As the teams go in from the half, the Potholers have had the lions share of the play as well as the luck.

HALF TIME

The teams are now seven "men" to eleven, and holes are appearing in the Ogre defence as they receive the kick. The halfling handed duties manages to only kick it two squares though, so the touchback goes to an ogre on the LoS. He manages to break the sole halfling on the LoS, dubbed "SacrificialRuleMandatedHalfling", but doesn't get much further. One of the treemen Breaks Tackle backwards and lands a colossal hit on the ogre who is carrying the ball. The ball goes loose in the halfling side of the pitch, but is quickly picked up. The ogres, fearing that the Potholers might be exactly as unoriginal as their names (Hitty for a treeman? REALLY, past-me?) suggest, start to move back to counter the inevitable waddle forwards. A double one on the break-tackling Treeman gives the ogres a chance to reclaim possession, but a one on the bonehead roll strikes at exactly the wrong time for the blitzer. The ball carrier jinks free, and starts to make his slow progress down the pitch. A grot trying to dodge out to catch him is BHd, putting the ogres down to six players, and he is quickly joined in the dugout by another one, KO'd by a treeman. The ogres all seem have turned, in the words of their coach, into "drooling idiots". Clearly all the bonehead rolls they passed earlier are catching up. They are stunned into action, however, when a treeman manages to move four whole spaces; he is now nicknamed "Sprinty" (the treemen were never good at the whole nicknames thing). Sprinty attributes his success to chicken nuggets. The ogres, realising they have to do something drastic, do something really drastic and MAKE A DODGE! Stunned silence descends on the stadium, and halflings, mad with fear at the arrival of this strange and terrifying elf-ogre hybrid, flee as fast as their ridiculous, stubby legs will carry them. This also happens to result in a TD, but the halflings are mostly just grateful not to be chased any more.

TD

The ogres have only two grots left, and stick all their ogres on the LoS. What happens next has now passed in to halfling Blood Bowl myth, and can only be explained by the temporary possession by Nuffle of every player on the halfling team for a single turn. If you have Blood Bowl manager, seriously, check out this game and skip to turn fifteen. In halfling communities all over the land, whenever success is achieved, it's now referred to as a "turn fifteen". This year, the most popular halfling name becomes "Turn Fifteen" (replacing Frodo). Halfling governments award the Order of Turn Fifteen, and, in the highest honour of all, the Halfling Guild of Master Chefs have created a feast of fifteen dishes, each containing fifteen ingredients, in honour of this play. Of course, some un-patriotic halflings have complained about the low number of courses, but they are told to shut up and eat their damn Turn Fifteen Pie.

A blitz is called, and a halfling bears down on the ball, which has landed right next to the sidelines. He manages to put a TZ on to the ball. A grot moves over, deciding not to risk the pickup.

Turn fifteen arrives.

The halfling hits the grot with a blitz, getting a push. The grot decides to move on to the ball, pushing it out of play. The crowd throw the ball back to the line of scrimmage, where it lands between a treeman and an ogre. The halfling makes a dodge away from the grot and two GFIs, then picks up the ball despite it being in a tackle zone. The treeman then picks up the halfling and throws him to just outside scoring distance, deep in the Ogres half. Another halfling runs up in support by making two go for its. The crowd. go. wild.

Stunned by this show of Nuffle's love, an ogre spectacularly fails a three die block on the ball carrying halfling. Unfortunately, he gets a both down- a pick up is needed for the TD.

At this stage, the magic of Turn Fifteen has ended, and Nuffle leaves the souls of the halflings in question. The pick up, inevitably, fails.

But still! Potholers win!

Had loads of fun in this game, DarkWeeble was a great sport even when things weren't going his way, and I enjoyed writing this match report a lot (apologies for the length). I think where he fell down was keeping all his Ogres on the LoS at ever kickoff, as with judicious use of treeman and halfling I was able to nullify them for most of the game.

President Weasel
16-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Very nice match report rakysh, turns out its difficult to explain what you're laughing at when you're reading one of these

potatoedoughnut
16-10-2011, 03:35 PM
The mental image of a tree eating chicken nuggets is amusing.

MadDave123
16-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Nullkigan's Dark Elf Supernumeraries VS MadDave's Ugly Fly Soup

The DE drive begins with a frenzied with elf. She double pushes a pestigor off the pitch (I won't fall for that again) and bleeds players into my right wing. The Nurgle's minions slowly try to make up ground, but with the D.elves dodging out of tackle zones left right and centre it's too little too late. Turn 3 = touch down for the D.elves as they run down the open right wing. Swift and accurate.

1 - 0

Making the most of having D.elves standing still on the LoS - instead of them dodging circles around them - the Nurgle players do what they do best and squish the D.Elves into the ground. An early injury is fixed by the apothecary;but that's a player down for this half and the teams are now even at 10 players each. This is good, because a pestigor then fumbles picking up the ball at the end of the turn.
The D.Elves start to pick themselves up, but an early failed evade means a turnover and a huge advantage for the Nurgle team. With the majority of the D.Elves still face down on the ground from the previous turn, Pestigor 1 (can you tell I know my player names well?) picks up the ball, runs up the left wing and passes to pestigor 2 who then runs deep into enemy territory; with a couple of buddies following close behind. At this point I think the D.Elf team have 1 player standing.
The threat of the witch elf is kept at bay by a warrior's foul appearance (as Nullkigan put it: "You so ugly!"), and another failed evade turnover from the D.Elves give the Nurgle lovers time to consolidate close to the touch line (is that what it's called?).
As the D.Elves finally start picking themselves up and moving up the pitch pestigor 2 doesn't hang around and scores an equalizer in turn 6.

1 - 1

The D.Elves make a second attempt at Nurgle's right wing: the witch elf pushes her way through with a bit less frenzy than last time; a thrower picks up the ball and pushes up to midfield; the rest take up strategic positions as best they can.
The Nurglites block off the right wing and mark the remaining players around the midfield. Making things as hard as possible for the D.Elves to score a TD in the remaining turn of the 1st half.
After some deliberation the D.Elves decide to take the only option: a long pass down the right wing, over 2 interceptors, to the witch elf. Alas the pass is fumbled, the intercept successful and a warrior's foul appearance kicks in just for good measure.

HALF TIME : 1 - 1

The second half starts with a "Get the ref" kick off result. Bribes for both players mean some fouls are surely coming in this half.
The stinky Nurgle players make a typical crushing drive and a pestigor uses a re-roll to grab the ball and moves up the centre of the pitch, with a couple of rotters falling back to create a half cage.
The D.Elves regroup to best deal with the incoming ball and manage to K.O the same pestigor that the witch elf punished in the previous half of the game.
As the centre of the pitch fills with D.Elves the ball pestigor (a.k. ball-stigor) moves onto the left wing and cages up.
The D.Elves respond with a hard push to the left of the pitch and although they manage to take out the front of the Nurgle teams' cage, the ball-stigor only gets pushed back.
With the majority of the D.Elves in the centre or left wing there's a small enough opening for the ball-stigor to run and pass the ball to another pestigor. However, some badly thought through blocks and a lack of time leave the new ball-stigor half way into the D.Elves half with only a rotter and warrior in staggered support. Things are about to take a turn for the worse.
As the D.Elves all rush to box in the pestigor, the witch elf makes and impressive evade from the left wing and blitzes the ball-stigor! The result however is an unimpressive push.

The next few turns comprise a mixture of Nurgley-blocks and D.Elf acrobatics as both teams strive to respectively protect and strip the ball. The struggle ends as a D.Elf player fails an evade and causes an early turnover: giving Fly Soup the opportunity they need to regroup.
After dealing with a few standing D.Elves and pushing the witch elf onto her face there's a small opening for the ball-stigor to get within a square of the touch line after 2 GFIs
He's on his lonesome though and quickly set upon by 2 D.Elf linesman. Nuffle decrees that they can only push the ball-stigor, and another failed evade causes a turnover for the Supernumaries (burning through both re-rolls early in the half is really making every decision a risk for Nullkigan at this point).
A friendly warrior blitzes one of the linesman to the ground and the ball-stigor evades the remaining linesman to score a second touchdown for Fly Soup on turn 13.

1 - 2

2 turns left and the D.Elves waste no time. Fortunately Fly Soup have learnt from past experience and the right wing is well covered... right? WRONG! The frenzied with elf makes another faultless double push and knock a pestigor into the crowd; then runs deep into Fly Soup's half along with a blitzer.
Supernumaries show they are full of surprises when a player leaps over the Nurgle LoS and runs into the centre of Fly Soup's half. The remaining players and ball carrier run up onto the right wing in preparation for - what I can only imagine - will be crazy acrobatic passing shenanigans.
Fly Soup are, however, having none of it. A claw-wielding pestigor make a charge straight for the witch and knocks her flat (still no injury though). The rest of the players cover ground as best they can and shut down the right wing entirely.
The witch elf jumps up and runs down onto the touch line: no doubt hoping to grab that last minute pass and score. The rest of the Supernumaries stay where they are after a failed block causes a turn over.
Pesti-claw charges at the witch again, still angry over failing to injure her on his previous attempt. A knocked down result pushes her into the crowd and, though there's no injury, she's out of the game for the final turn. Fly Soup continue to to pound on the D.Elves and create - as Nullkigan put it - "a wall of bodies". A cheeky warrior, still looking to use the bribes so graciously awarded at the beginning of the second half, stomps on a downed D.Elf. But the ref was too busy looking in the other direction to notice. Fly Soup's final turn is over and things are looking good for them.

Turn 16 for the Supernumaries. I'm not sure that there was a way for them to score a TD, but if there was they were going for it full speed ahead... until the ball carrier ran into a Nurgle warrior's arm in an attempt to evade.

FULL TIME:

Supernumaries 1 - 2 Fly Soup

I'm extremely grateful for this win. Early on I thought the D.Elves would run rings around me (especially after the early TD). On top of that I made some crazy decisions that should've been punished. But Nuffle was definitely not on Nullkigan's side today. He got all the 1's and I got all the 6's for the largest part of the game.
Still, Nullkigan was a great sport and I thoroughly enjoyed the game, even when I thought I'd just given away a TD. So thanks.

P.S. Sorry if the match report is a bit dry. I'm not the most creative writer. ;)

Nullkigan
16-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I had at least four turns end prematurely from bad dodges, and am now up to two -1MV lineselves. Things would go well for two or so turns, then I'd have a turn of middling luck followed by BAM! Ones! The Witch Elf also spent a lot of time stunned.

I had an excellent chance of scoring in the final turn (would have been a 4+ pass by my estimation) except I had THREE foul appearances kick in. I didn't get to make a single block, and I only really needed two pushes!

MadDave123
16-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Oh wow, I had no idea you were that close to scoring on the final turn. Nor did I realise foul appearance activated that many times.
Good thing (for me) my team is so ugly I guess.

Nullkigan
16-10-2011, 05:56 PM
It was a long shot by the sheer number of rolls; dodge, 2xgfi, two more dodges, two pushes from three blocks, 50/50 pass with no rerolls, catch. It was fine until the blocks, so I had to give up and try to dodge through multiple tacklezones to get into pass range (would have been a 6+ because of the movement wasted to go around, plus all that disturbing presence), which failed.

Elves are never far from scoring.

EDIT: Also I swear you were leaving that unskilled pestigor on the sidelines as some sort of advanced mind game tactic. As if demanding that I waste rerolls trying to surf him! And I couldn't resist!

smaug81
16-10-2011, 08:56 PM
smaug81's Brolaf Brigade (Norse) 1 - 0 Kelron's Deadly Lampshades (D. Elf)

This match went down on Friday afternoon, and I'm only just now getting around to writing anything about it, so my memory is probably going to be a bit sketchy. Nevertheless. . .

The Brolafs won the toss and chose to receive, figuring on trying to get a few of Kelron's 5AG players off the pitch before giving him a shot at scoring. The first half proved to be a long, drawn-out slog, as Kelron did an excellent job of blocking the way forward while giving me few opportunities to get a solid hit in on his players. The Brolafs nevertheless managed a few KOs (at least one being one of those 5AG players, I believe) and gradually zig-zagged their way down the field. The cage threatened to get bogged down once or twice, but I managed to keep things rolling and had the runner with the ball within striking distance of the endzone and still well caged by turn 7. Kelron marked up as much of the cage as possible, trying to stop me from breaking through, but good block dice + frenzy enabled me to clear a path for the runner to take it in on turn 8.

Starting the second half, kicking off to Kelron, I made use of my Kick lineman to drop the ball close to the scrimmage line on the right side of the field, hoping to flood the area with my own players and cause a quick turnover. While I managed to exert some pressure in the area, Kelron responded in typical elfy fashion by having his ball carrier light out for the other side of the field and maneuvering a witch elf and a blitzer deep into my backfield. I attempted to mark them up with a couple of players each while still keeping pressure on the ball carrier, particularly trying to keep my yeti in range for disturbing presence. I couldn't quite get a surround on the witch elf, though, so next turn she dodged away from her markers and into my endzone, followed by Kelron's thrower lining up with her to throw what looked to be a solid pass from around the scrimmage line. I figured this was turning out to be a pretty typical 3 or so turn touchdown from the elves, and wasn't sure I'd have enough time to make it down the pitch again to recover the lead. Just as I was thinking this, though, the lineman that was previously marking the witch elf reached out and snagged the pass! I promptly scrambled to move the ball as far back upfield as possible and get some protection around the ball carrier. The rest of the half proved to be a dicey affair, as I failed to make much headway and Kelron got several shots at the ball, all fortunately resulting in pushes or other such non-results. With time running out I threw a runner into Kelron's side of the pitch and attempted a pass on a whim, which was promptly fumbled but luckily landed at the feet of several of my players. The elves subsequent attempt to pick it up failed, resulting in the bounce being recovered by a werewolf, of all things. Lacking the agility to pull off a pass or the movement to get to the end zone, that pretty much did for the match. A solid, if not spectacular, win for the Brolafs.

As has been my experience with all my opponents so far, Kelron was a good sport and a pleasure to play against, as well as being a tricky adversary. A thoroughly enjoyable match all round.

MadDave123
16-10-2011, 11:58 PM
EDIT: Also I swear you were leaving that unskilled pestigor on the sidelines as some sort of advanced mind game tactic. As if demanding that I waste rerolls trying to surf him! And I couldn't resist!Hahaha, yeah maybe I was. ;)
I never know how to play the wings well. I'd rather leave someone 2 squares from the edge than have them too far away and leave the wing totally open. Then again, I could have a warrior on the edge instead, with their higher ST as a deterrent.
The surfing was something you didn't seem to mess up in that game at least; roll-wise I mean.

ntw
17-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Lizardmen 0 - 2 Nurgle

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1x6j0a96W1qbtre3.jpg

Full writeup to follow.

mootpoint
17-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Me and Zoraster played our game yesterday, 2 - 0 to his humies. An obscene amount of halflings felt that chilling out in the infirmary was something they deserved and accordingly fell over and started crying at every chance they got.

Gorm
17-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Just lost to Rage's orcs 3-0. He even managed to injure one of my vamps taking away 1AV.
The game was actually fun though, had some terrible predictable fails from my vamps.
Rerolling bloodlust to then get double skulls. That kind of stuff.

NieA7
17-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Just beat Combat's Chaos Chaps 1-0, I'll write up the game if I can stop crying long enough.

Mr Dragon
17-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Big Bruised Egos 0:1 Dead Can-Can

I briefly considered actually doing a full write-up (well, my lazy, boring version of one), but then I realised that I could succinctly sum up the whole match in just a few sentences.

Pouring rain. Fresh teams with few re-rolls. Nuffle having a really, really bad day, possibly due to having tasted a hint of urine in his/her/its customary bowl of cereal this morning. Now imagine Yakkety sax playing in the background. You know what? I'll spare you the effort. Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMO8Pyi3UpY

16 turns of failed pick-ups, bad blocks, and general turnovers galore.
In the end, I only won because DarkWeeble's luck was even worse than mine.

Rakysh
18-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Congrats on winning the division, dragon.

Alistair Hutton
18-10-2011, 10:34 AM
INinja and myself have been unable to play our game this week a combination of busy schedules plus a dropped connection 3 turns into a match and a couple of hours trying to reconnect means we should probably be marked down as a 0-0.

Zoraster
19-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Could an admin please validate and roll Division E? Wolf and I intend to get our final game in early evening Thursday.

desvergeh
19-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Salems Lot vs The 4 Colour Villains - Division 3.

Nice close game.

Neither side had a great deal of luck, with the score remaining 0 - 0 by half-time. Salems Lot managed a touchdown mid-way through the second half, despite a strong defence. This left the Villains 3 turns to equalize. Sadly it was not to be, as the dice took a sudden dislike to the villains.

Final score 1 - 0 to Salems Lot.

DarkFenix
19-10-2011, 11:34 PM
A rather painful match just ended 2-0 to my chaos over boots' vampires.

100k in inducements to boots went on two bloodweiser babes (who wound up being rather useless). I chose to kick first, taking a typical ziggurat formation and things started going rather well from the off with a blitz event putting me on the offensive. In spite of my minotaur behaving in form and wasting my blitz I pushed forward my team and set the pattern for the whole half. Things kept going very wrong for boots, with the armour dice keeping several of his players down and sure enough my St5 chaos warrior got a blitz on the ball carrier a couple of turns later and freed the ball for my mob to cage around it. Unfortunately I couldn't make a particularly secure cage (bloody hypnotic gaze) and the vamps managed to get the ball back and hurl the ball upfield to the lone vampire who had broken through. Thankfully the pass was too long and the vampire marked, the catch was fumbled well within range of the majority of my big bashers, who next turn floored the butter-fingered vampire and made a rather more secure cage moving down the left flank.

Still, my tendency to chance things a little too far got the better of me again, turn 7, no rerolls, my beastman needs to make 1 GFI to score, what's the worst that can happen? Of course, he fails the GFI. Boots manages to get in and grab the ball on his last turn, getting it nearly half way back down the field in a one-sided cage, the only player I have that can reach the ball carrier is my minotaur (who got left behind for being an unreliable little git, though he has just successfully beaten down a thrall rather permanently). So, obvious move, nothing else for it, I blitz in with the minotaur and actually get the ball free, but it's in one tackle zone, my sure hands beastman is unconscious and I'd need to make a pass of some difficulty to score. My beastman actually successfully grabs the ball, dodges away, then screws up the pass and it goes wildly off target....... straight into the hands of another player within scoring distance (who was 3 squares from the intended recipient standing completely on his own). What. Are. The. Odds. 1-0 up, half time. My injuries: one beastman unconscious. Boots' injuries: Two unconscious vampires (one wakes up), one dead thrall, one badly injured thrall.

The second half proceeds much more smoothly than the first, I'm back in formation with a full 11 while boots can't field that many anymore, the attrition is starting to show. In spite of my sure hands beastman being out, my other beastmen manage to pick up the slack and do the ball-work while my big guys get stuck in to the other team. I slowly start to move a cage up the right flank, and while boots manages to free the ball once and generally be a menace with hypnotic gaze, the ball scatters kindly and never ends up under any significant threat. All the while attrition of his team continues, this time my minotaur brings his claws to work and injures a vampire (rerolled to MNG), another thrall gets injured and the population of his unconscious box steadily increases. By the time I'm ready to score in turn 16 (in spite of the best efforts of a 'hero' thrall) boots has nothing but 3 thralls left on the field.

End result 2-0 to Khellogg's Khorneflakes. Good game boots, unfortunately I think you're in for a nasty game against duffin's hard-as-nails dark elves.

NieA7
20-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Read in Tooth and Claw (Nec, me) vs. The Jesters of Death (Chaos, Combat)

Despite a full roster, now proudly boasting a level 4 werewolf with blodge and tackle, Claw started out with 180k of inducements to spend. As Combat's the kind of sick freak that gets Mighty Blow and Piling On before even considering Block I went for an Igor and a Babe – not the most aggressive choices but if they help keep my guys in the fight so much the better. The Jesters won the toss and decided to kick under a blinding sun. A poor roll lead to a touchback but I dithered too long trying to work out who to give the ball to – somewhat to his own surprise one of the Golem's on the line of scrimmage suddenly found himself holding the ball.

After being soundly beaten twice in short succession by trying to stand up to a dwarf team I was determined to keep the game fluid, applying pressure where the line was weak and ensuring the gibbering fiends couldn't get free blocks in (unless they were hitting a zombie, of course). Naturally by the second turn I was well and truly hemmed in on the sidelines, trying to stand up to the stronger, more skilled and more dangerous Chaos nutters.

Over the next couple of turns the cage started looking ever more like a basket (albeit a basket full of dead things), finally weakening enough that the minotaur could make it in and frenzy the ball carrying wolf into the crowd. The ball scattered over to the other side of the pitch between a handful of zombies and the three warriors they were marking. Avenging the wolf a ghoul blocked the mino off the pitch (after a reroll), forcing the chaos apothecary to patch it up. This good luck was followed by some bad as a golem managed to stun himself on a beastman, leading to a turnover with nothing but zombies and frothing madmen around the ball. A beastman picked it up and headed off towards the touchline while the rest of the chaos team busied themselves laying out every necro player on the pitch, though in the following turn a wolf and a ghoul managed to dodge out and put pressure on the carrier.

A quick turnover followed by a succession of careful blocks near the sideline freed a wight to run back and assist the ghoul against the beastman. Fortunately the dice rolled well and the beastman was knocked out, the ball scattering away from the other warrior. Dodging away from his marker the star wolf ran past, picked up the ball and moved into space. He was undefended but most the Chaos mans nearby were knocked down or marked up, plus blodge is always difficult to deal with. Or so I thought…

Combat's turn started well for me as he accidentally moved a beastman next to the wolf rather than blitzing. The good luck didn't last though – another beastman was just in range. He made the two GFI's needed but the first hit gave a both down and a push. After a short pause Combat re-rolled and got a pow. The werewolf went down, and stayed there. The armour was broken, the injury was rolled, the dice came up dead, the regen was failed, the Igor couldn't help. RIP Potchi old friend, you will be missed.

The ghoul was made of sterner stuff and tripped up a warrior trying to dodge away, causing a turnover with the ball still in space. Following up this good luck the ghoul scooped up the ball, run up the pitch and make a perfect pass (despite the sun) down the edge to the other ghoul who'd been left stumbling about on his own half way into the Chaos half. With just enough move to avoid any blitzes the Ghoul escaped into a corner, leaving the Chaos players nothing to do but brutalised anything dead and still standing: 1-0 to Claw.

I got a blitz on the kick off, and through some careful manoeuvring managed to knock out one of the warriors. Combat responded by badly hurting the block/guard golem, who failed his regen roll. Needless to say the KO'd warrior recovered at half time.

The second half was a scrappy affair. A short kick went high, letting a warrior run underneath it. Fortunately he must've got the sun in his eyes as he dropped it when it came down. This lead to several turns of a little game I like to call “put as many tackle zones on the ball as possible so no one on either side can pick it up”. The whole half degenerated into massive brawl on the sidelines, with the Necro's slowly running out of players but not quickly enough that the Jester's could get to the ball and get it down field. Highlights included the ghoul laying out the minotaur again, the remaining wolf spending most the half curled up in a heap on the sideline in case he got pushed out and the star ghoul failing a dodge into space with a re-roll, injuring itself badly enough that it'll have to miss the next game.

1-0 to Claw at full time then, though as Combat and I agreed I'd rather lose the game and keep the wolf and he'd rather only hurt the wolf and have more luck with the dice elsewhere (aside from the death I certainly had better luck with the dice throughout the match). Sometimes Nuffle delicately voids his bowls on both sides without prejudice.

The MVP for Claw was only ever going to one player of course: in remembrance of all his fine touchdowns and brutal injuries Potchi was named wolf of the match. This took him to 36 SPPs overall, 20 coming from MVP awards (in fact of the 11 MVPs Claw have had 8 have gone to Potchi and one of the ghouls, leaving the rest of the team cripplingly under developed). His death has left a gaping hole in the roster and I'm not sure I can fill it – thanks to him hogging all the MVPs I now desperately need touchdowns with a golem, both wights, both werewolves and a ghoul. Potchi also took the only Tackle I had with him. Guess I'll see how the match against Low Key's undead goes, but things aren't looking too bright at the moment.

boots468
20-10-2011, 08:09 AM
A rather painful match just ended 2-0 to my chaos over boots' vampires.

End result 2-0 to Khellogg's Khorneflakes. Good game boots, unfortunately I think you're in for a nasty game against duffin's hard-as-nails dark elves.

Yeah, thanks DarkFenix - it was a good game, and if a couple of rolls had gone a bit different it may have been a lot closer, but you were in control the entire game to be fair.

Alini
20-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Hi all. If anyone has seen Windward can you nudge him this way, as he's not been around to play our game as far as I have been able to see. I should be around most of the day.

Edit: Found! Playing tonight.

Screwie
20-10-2011, 09:24 AM

Dark Elves vs Vampires should be an interesting match-up. Chaos vs Goblins too :)

DarkFenix
20-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Oh how I wish I had more mighty blow for that gobbo match. Still, I have a claw minotaur who's going to spend the match trying to slay some trolls.

Screwie
20-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Then I think I should make it my mission to remove that minotaur from play :)

Also, sadly, one of my trolls is going to be missing the next game, though doubtless I should have the inducements to hire a temp/star player replacement...

groovychainsaw
20-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Me and Des played our long-awaited game last night - He's already mentioned the outcome above, I'll go with my usual long-winded version now :-).

Turn 1, the weather is nice and I opt to receive, to try and make sure i get a nice early score in and put the pressure on. The kick goes fairly deep, I move the line around, protect the ball, and make a goforit to pick up with Bullseye (my thrower). Galactus (Ogre), Two-face (Lineman) and the Scarecrow(another lineman) get one push and 2 hits. The red skull blitzes into the looming flesh golem and gets the knock down. Des comes back at me, moves some players a little, then blitzes with his wolf on the line where I'd attacked the golem. He gets push, frenzies in and another push. He doesn't like where he is (in between 2 players with block) so tries to dodge away, makes the first, but fails the second and KO's himself (yey!).

Turn 2, I move up a little, and General Zod(Blitzer) blitzes but only gets a push on the wight on the right hand side. Trying to get at the other wolf now :-). Galactus then moves over to assist and fill the line a bit. Two face pushes another zombie, followed by a knockdown by the scarecrow again, who KO's the zombie. My thrower's still deep, out of danger, but I'm not advancing much. Still, I'm thinning him out a bit... Des comes back at me with a blitz on Professor Zoom (my catcher) gets a both down result which I choose to wrestle him to the floor with. He marks him up with a ghoul to prevent any future shenanigans. The wolf hits back against his marker, getting the knockdown but no armour break. Both the golems get push reslts, then an attempted foul (causing a 2 turn stun) on my catcher sees a zombie ejected from the field!

Turn 3, I'm 3 players up now so should be motoring. First thing, hit the wolf next to Galactus - Ogre SMASH! Well, ogre get both down result, loner the reroll, then SMASH the other wolf in with a badly hurt (regenned). Turnover, back to Des. Des blitzes into my centre-line, getting 2 pushes, then rerolling the third push to get a stumble and send Two-Face to the ground. Some manouevring also occurs, but Des is held for now.

Turn 4, still in my own half, still surprisingly not getting any gaps. Galactus boneheads out, failing to get up, then General Zod blitzes again on the wight on the right, trying to make space. Alas, another block result means both just stand there, staring each other down (can you stare if you are a wight?). The scraecrow blocks in the centre again, but gets a push, and Kraven the Hunter gets a block result, knocking a zombie down in the middle. Finally professor zoom recovers from being stamped on and dances away from the wight who was marking him to go centre-field. Des' turn, the wight goes straight back at Prof, getting another push result (Des had a stupid number of pushes this half!) which I sidestep away from. The other wight bakes a hit, gets the knockdown and two turn stuns The Hobgoblin (new catcher). Next Dr. Doom goes down too for 2 turns and suddenly my line looks a bit shaky.

Turn 5, Galactus goes for the big blitz to get out of the right, if he can just smash into the player there... but he boneheads and loners the reroll (so far, the only rerolls I've used!). Scarecrow gets a push, followed by Dr Doom getting a knockdown in the centre. I run a second catcher into the backfield. My ball carrier moves in behind the line, but suddenly I look less well defended when Two-Face (my guard+mighty blow blitzer) gets skulled and goes down badly hurt. I consider using the apothecary, but its too early for that, much as I think I need him, he'll have to sit this one out. Suddenly the line looks ever so slightly more weak. Des takes full advantage, blitzing in, getting knocking down Kraven, stunning general Zod and moving two players onto my ball-carrier. He hits professor zoom, but zoom's saved by a timely dodge and sidesteps away again.

Turn 6 - I need to get closer to scoring now. Galactus gets up and looks menacing. Dr doom sprints up to help out on the line. The scarecrow takes one zombie down, but noone is free to take down the remaining player left on Bullseye. I have to take a chance. I move my catcher out of range of all Des' players, dodge away with bullseye (1 reroll required) and run upfield to make the pass. I just need one goforit to get a 5+ down to 4+... which fails, leaving the ball open in Des' half (the first time I'd been there!). Des pushes a player away from his ghoul with a blitz, moves to pick up, uses a reroll to get the ball, then heads into my half. He then tries to mark all my players up and hits zoom again, who dodges away (downfield with sidestep).

Turn 7, i get some players free, run down to the ghoul and surround him on 3 sides. Professor zoom then blitzes in from the other half, hoping that wrestle will help with the annoying block skill. He gets skull/push which I reroll (:-S) and get a pow, knocking the ball free. Galactus, on the other side of the pitch, punches the flesh golem hard, sending him off badly hurt (!), and dr doom continues to punch in the middle of the pitch, kicking a zombie to the floor. Des blitzes into my remaining catcher in his half, hoping to prevent the touchdown, and uses block to take Harley Quinn down. But she's still within 5 squares of the endzone... He makes a couple of other hits (push push) and then dodges away with 3 players to try to close down any route upfield.

Turn 8, I have one chance, get the ball with professor zoom, get harley into the endzone then make the pass. Easy, huh? Galactus moves over to help clear up around the ball. Thee red skull blocks the marking zombie down. Zoom goes to pick up the ball, and fails, turnover. Des bashes a bit but the half ends, 0-0

Turn 9. I'm kicking off and I'm nervous as I failed to score. I need to disrupt Des' ball. Both Ko'd players have returned so Des is only down one golem. The kick goes high, des fails to catch with a ghoul but makes the following pickup and swiftly moves to my left. He leaves his line right where they are, no hits. I, naturally, go for the ball. I get one player onto the wight on the corner of the cage and blitz in with Dr. Doom. Sadly, its just a push, but I follow up to the back corner, forcing a blitz at least to get rid of me. The scarecrow and Kraven continue to do sterling work on the line, knocking down yet more zombies. Galactus boneheads however, so I have to fill in the gap in the middle he's just left. I rearrange my 2nd line and wait.

Turn 10, Des runs his wolf over from the right to the left to hit Dr. Doom. He uses a reroll on the goforits, then gets a double push, followed by a double push (unlucky?!). He moves his cage into my left, over the half-way line. Its fairly tight, with 4 players holding me up. I blitz in, trying to mark up everyone in the cage. Prof Zoom holds the line, whilst linemen mark up the 2 wights. Harley quinn dodges away to mark up the wolf. Galactus wakes up and punches his opposite zombie (with hindsight, i probably should have break tackled away and stood next to the 2 wights..). Dr. Doom hits back at the wolf and gets a 2 turn stun. kraven the hunter hits one wight and knocks him down, leaving kraven next to the ghoul. Bane decides to dodge away from the flesh golem on the right to come and help, but trips over, ending my turn.

Turn 11. His wolf, seeing a fresh catcher, goes for the hit and gets the pow. Harley sidesteps in, next to the ball carrier, albeit only horizontal now. A blitz in and 2 more hits see my players going down all around. No-one is left standing near the ghoul now. One player is still next to him though... Des maintains his cage. Finally, I remember Galactus has break tackle. After standing many of my markers back up, he breaks free of his zombie marker and stands next to the ball carrier (I didn't want to risk the blitz on top of all of that!). Professor zoom makes a blitz on a wight and gets the knockdown, which frees up Kraven for 2 dice on the ball carrier. Sadly, its a push, still leaving the ghoul next to galactus, but maybe slightly less well marked?

Turn 12. His wolf again hits my catcher and knocks harley down. His wight gets double skulls, but rerolls out to take out one of my markers. A blitz and a hit once again see my players going down. His ghoul, seeing a chance, dodges free and goes into the centre. His zombie at the back then stamps on harley, scoring a badly hurt and getting ejected for his troubles. My turn, i gets some players across into the centre, again knock a corner out to mark up the ghoul. I hit some of his other players remaining on my left, but Galactus boneheads out again, leaving a gap. I stun another zombie after this, but still look a bit patchy.

Turn 13. His wolf makes a hit, gets a push then a knockdown on The Leader (lineman). He then dodges away with his first ghould and hands off to the second, who's in the former cage on my left. With the hole provided by galactus, he runs downfield, well into my half. One more hit and everyone else is getting tied up. I have one blitzer who can get there with a go for it and prof zoom who can dodge away to get there comfortably. Prof zoom dodges, getting clear and getting in front of the ghoul. The red skull blitzes in from the right, hitting the ghoul but only getting a push. Its not enough. A couple more hits mid-field gets me another stun, but not enough players free to help out. I try to dodge mr freeze away to help, but he trips over.

Turn 14. He blitzes into the red skull, getting only a push, but leaving one simple dodge to get away from my markers. Which the ghoul does, and runs in the TD. I have 2 turns to score. I bash the line at kickoff, gaining one KO again and leaving a hole in the middle. I sprint my 2 remaining catchers through to withing striking distance. I follow through with blitzers to help mark up. Bullseye fails the pickup, even with sure hands, although Dr.doom scoops it up as it rolls away. Not ideal, but better than nothing?

Turn 15. 2 hits see a knockdown and my new catcher (The hobgoblin) KO'd by Des, along with a good effort to trap prof zoom upfield. Galactus moves up to help them out, and general zod blitzes in, only getting a push but leaving a path for zoom to escape. Dr Doom moves centre-field with the ball, looking safe after some bashing by Kraven and the Scarecrow. Zoom dodges free.

Turn 16. The remaining flesh golem finally takes out a player, injuring the red skull with a groin strain, apo'd to badly hurt. Another hit on Kraven leaves dr doom less safe than before and a wolf blitzes in, makes the 1 dice hit and takes dr doom down with a badly hurt, for good measure. He then marks up prof zoom once more. Another hit leaves general zod on the ground. No real options for me - a pass to the marked prof zoom is my best hope. Bane blitzes the marker off prof zoom, and a glimmer appears. I just need bullseye to make a dodge, pickup and pass the ball... no, dodge fails, ending the game.

So, lots of details for once (I was bored!). A very tight game, with few opportunities for either team. Of those that were there, Des made the best of them, and all attempts by my team to actually play the ball ended in disaster. Once again, the 1's stepped in at the worst possible moment. Des had some pretty awful luck first half with pushes dominating his blocks (I guess they weren't skulls, at least ;-)), but made up for it with a lot more hits in the second. Dice were pretty equal on the whole, Des had a few more pushes, we both scored over average on pows, and i had a few more skulls. On the 1d6 rolls, though, i got slightly screwed over (as my passing and dodging can attest to). 28/42 being 3 or less, and 10/42 being 1's. By comparison, 8/27 rolls for des were 6's (and only 3 1's!), which helps (and explains all that nice dodging by his ghouls;-)). I should have tried to run the ball and not dodge/pass so much, but i guess Des forced me into those rolls, so its more good play by him than any particular hatred of the dice really.

Sooo... last game against Weasel's chaos. I hope at least my team's resilience continues, after a dwarf and necro game, both teams with the potential to hurt me, I haven't lost a player and ive taken down a couple in both teams. I'm probably due one or two for myself now. On the plus side, at least weasel's mino is missing :-). Let's hope my team can continue bashing and finally get those passes together when they're needed. Please guys?

President Weasel
20-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Fine by me, Mr. Chainsaw. According to my calculations, the Red Skull Reavers are marching onwards to Division 2 no matter what happens in our match. Try not to rough up my brand new, treasured, +agi beastman too badly, and I'll do my best not to maim any of your more expensive looking mans.

LowKey
20-10-2011, 08:03 PM
nuffle wont like that cowardly proposal

Zoraster
20-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Well my game with Wolf was going rather well when Nuffle decreed the idea of my having a good outing with Humans was unacceptable and he killed the connection. Not sure if Wolf lost connection, but we got a voided game so clearly one of those annoying Cyanide moments. Very frustrating as the game was all but won, with the Ogre getting his first two CAS to put him within reach of his first skill. C'est la vie. Guess it is our punishment for trying to play before round two is officially over :D

Wolfenswan
20-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Well my game with Wolf was going rather well when Nuffle decreed the idea of my having a good outing with Humans was unacceptable and he killed the connection. Not sure if Wolf lost connection, but we got a voided game so clearly one of those annoying Cyanide moments. Very frustrating as the game was all but won, with the Ogre getting his first two CAS to put him within reach of his first skill. C'est la vie. Guess it is our punishment for trying to play before round two is officially over :D

i was wondering myself what had happened there; connection on my side was all fine and dandy.

President Weasel
20-10-2011, 10:22 PM
nuffle wont like that cowardly proposal

No, no, that was a thinly veiled threat. Nuffle loves that stuff.
Nice catcher you have there. Be a shame if he, oh I don't know, got knocked to the ground and repeatedly stomped on by six enraged beastmen. Looks a little... fragile, if you know what I mean.

cwoac
21-10-2011, 07:45 AM
So, it would appear that (unfortunately) onestepfromlost is having to drop out (see Div. D page). Not sure how that gets processed from the admin / sheet side.

ntw
21-10-2011, 09:34 AM
So, it would appear that (unfortunately) onestepfromlost is having to drop out (see Div. D page). Not sure how that gets processed from the admin / sheet side.

I've awarded you the win (on the sheet) and asked onestep to confirm future availability.

/edit - also chased DivF for some results

groovychainsaw
21-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Yup, week 2 ended last night chaps and there's a number of gaps on the sheet - does anyone need more time? If not, your games will be defaulted, so post in here if you are having difficulties.

Screwie
21-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Could we possibly have Div 4 nudged on to the next day at some point today?

If possible I'd like to get my next game in tonight or this weekend (DarkFenix willing), as next week I'll be rather busy and then rather on holiday...

groovychainsaw
21-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Was already moved on last night :-). All divisions that had finished their games are on day 3 - just waiting to hear from those who have failed to play their day 2 match - If i dont hear anything by tonight/tomorrow morning I'll start defaulting games to move people on to day 3.

Gorm
21-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Any ideas for the 2nd skill i should give my vampire with leap? I'm thinking dodge but thats a little redundant in some situations.

Screwie
21-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks GC :)

EDIT:

Any ideas for the 2nd skill i should give my vampire with leap? I'm thinking dodge but thats a little redundant in some situations.

I would go with Block. It's a generally useful skill, whether you're aiming to craft your Vampire as a leaping blitzer or leaping catcher.

Skills that go well with Leap specifically are Dodge, Jump Up or Pro. Although I think some players swear off Pro in principle because of its Nuffle-baiting 50% chance of failing.

boots468
21-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Skills that go well with Leap specifically are Dodge, Jump Up or Pro. Although I think some players swear off Pro in principle because of its Nuffle-baiting 50% chance of failing.

I like pro on vamps as there are lots of rolls you have to make (bloodlust, hypno gaze) that don't cause turnovers so you won't want to waste a 70k re-roll on it, but you really want to regularly pass to have a chance of winning (thralls are good cost effective fodder, but not to be relied on for punching or ball handling).

I'd still personally take dodge here though - leaps will typically involve dodges, it will improve your movement options on the pitch (always good for an all MV6 team) and increase your chances of staying on your feet in a fight.

JayTee
21-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Default my game with Hugh in Div Champs please, I'm now away from a Bloodbowl machine till Sunday at the earliest and Hugh's been away so we've just not managed to catch each other.

Gorm
21-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Yea i was thinking dodge first, but i have wood elves next so i was tempted by tackle or mighty blow.

Zoraster
21-10-2011, 02:04 PM

Block or dodge would be my choice for any vamp that doesn't have them yet. Removing them from the equation as you've taken leap pro becomes a no brainer for me. A good skill on vamps regardless and the only way to reroll a leap without a TRR. AG4 leap is so unreliable that you need something to fall back on.

Alini
21-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Div F match with Windward now inputted. 2 touchdowns, 1 wardancer with a broken neck. The dwarves are very, very apologetic...

President Weasel
21-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Groovychainsaw was heavily outnumbered today as he was playing both me and whisky.
I lost the first half 1-0, at least partly due to a succession of pushes and skulls, but when the whisky kicked in my tactics and my dice improved greatly.
1) Type "WHISKYYYYYYYY"
2) hit human mans
3) laugh at resulting injury/KO/sleepy stars thing
4) drink whisky
5) go to 1

Groovy could not cope with my flowchart of drunken brilliance and I trundled over the line to even the scores in turn 16, leaving not enough time for him to snatch a win.

http://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/getfile/570deb18-2ee3-4166-84d6-f34c9456d688/twice-as-smooth-image.aspx http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/oEHkxCuepI7iRiOVfnP2-qZ9PNuxmr0hi1nmBs5MvXLINCqhcIAVlwQlSHsl48RBGihLY_7 hfs1baQT4cLhcibLQTVuY3-C8it5liKWMpBCfDfT2gyktMJvQsnC-uHZayWqaogAKyZbYqnvSkfg-yaRm7O9CaESFGFdwaU62GWFOSeom2a0n9EhOHQdpw061MXTOb_ Wbkw
Smells like... VICTORY!

Also I am pretty sure that the whisky has made my cold much much better. Hooray!

edit: in the cold light of day, the cold is still here. I may have a teeny bit of a hangover too. I think the whisky might have helped my throat though, and certainly it stopped me noticing the cold for a few hours. So I am still calling it a hooray.
Kind of worrying that I apparently play better drunk though.

DarkFenix
21-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Khellogg's Khorneflakes 1 - Bloody Gobbos 0

Well the game went about as you'd expect a Chaos-Goblin matchup to go, though for a short while it looked as though the gobbos might give as good as they got. The chainsaw worked remarkably well, managing to badly injure my 5st chaos warrior and ball handler in fairly quick succession, but this was about the only joy had by the goblin team. Once my players got themselves together and removed the fanatic from the field the goblin casualties swiftly began to mount. The first half ended scoreless and with 1 goblin dead and 4 injured, a troll had been injured too but was rescued by the apothecary.

The second half saw the goblin team's instant and brutal collapse. Right from turn one the casualties started to mount, with the bombardier's entire contribution to the match consisting of having his head damn near punched off by a beastman. The chainsaw followed soon afterwards along with a troll going off unconscious, sealing the goblins' fate. Still, most of the goblins were going off unconscious rather than injured, so I opted to score early and bring them back on for more punishment. Sure enough the second drive went much like the first, with the dwindling goblin team being surrounded and beaten to a pulp.

End score 1-0. End casualties 9-2. Better luck with your new team Screwie, though I salute your masochism in choosing gobbos. I really genuinely do hope to meet your goblins again ;)

Screwie
21-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Well I was expecting it to be brutal, but the first half actually went better than I hoped. Both the chainsaw and fanatic stuck around a lot longer than they typically do. And so I went into the second half with the chainsaw (rescued by the typical bribes) and bomber, not to mention both trolls. I still had a fighting chance.

That was when my luck really turned sour though, and my key players were taken out rapidly.

After the game's only touchdown, I set up for the perfect 1-turn TD... except that my troll damn near ate another goblin instead (I had to burn a TRR to save him, thankfully it got past Loner). That was basically the end of my match, by the next turn my little cage was surrounded and the chances of a goblin throw vanished and I lost the ball and several other players shortly after.

DarkFenix was a gracious opponent, good game sir.

As for the Bloody Gobbos team, most of them are alive and well. Except poor Soggy, who died. Weirdly, its always the goblin in the roster's #1 shirt who dies. My second fanatic has been retired due to a collar bone injury. And my looney advanced a level, and rolled a double!

I will miss playing goblins. In spite of the tremendous disadvantage here, I felt like I could still pulled a draw if I hadn't lost my bomber and chainsaw so quick in the second half, or if my troll hadn't been so hungry. I will miss the Stunty skill, those crazy dodges that would give a Wardancer second thoughts, and of course the lovely weapons. I'll miss always having enough cash on hand to replace players. I won't miss the Always Hungry skill, however.

Ah well, change is good. And anyway if my dark elf team doesn't pan out I can always start over with another set of goblins. :)

potatoedoughnut
22-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Was already moved on last night :-). All divisions that had finished their games are on day 3 - just waiting to hear from those who have failed to play their day 2 match - If i dont hear anything by tonight/tomorrow morning I'll start defaulting games to move people on to day 3.

Oops, didn't realize we'd reached the end of day 2 already. I didn't hear from CH until just recently and set up for Sunday. This might be a bit long to wait (as it precludes the entire weekend from D3 matches), in which case we'll have to take a default (unless we can arrange a game on short order). Details are in the Div 1 thread.

desvergeh
22-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Match started well for the Chompers, but that was pretty much all the luck they had.

The Chompers won the toss, deciding to receive the kick-off. An extremely strong central cage/huddle formed in the middle, and my zombies started going down. However things immediately started to go wrong for the Chompers, with a series of double skulls!

Salems Lot seized the opportunity, capturing the ball, and pushing forward to score the first touchdown of the match.

Not much time was left on the clock for the first half, and despite the Chompers best efforts no significant injuries were scored.

Second half starts, and the ball is close to the line of scrimmage. Salems Lot form a cage and progress the ball up the left flank, exploiting a gap in the dwarves defences. Feeling cocky Salems Lot attempt to pass the ball off to a new ghoul needing to skill-up. Big mistake. The catch is failed, the ball thrown back in, and the Chompers now have a window to equalize.

Unfortunately nuffle is still not smiling on the Chompers, and the dwarves are too spread out to provide support to each other. A series of short runs progresses the ball forward towards Salems Lot's line, but the ball is knocked free repeatedly, and there simply isn't enough time left on the clock.

Final score: Salems Lot 1 - Cheese Dip Chompers 0

PS - can I please stop getting MVP on my damn zombies!

Cacamas
22-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Another 1-0 loss for my doughty dwarfs in a game which hinged on two failed dice rolls. In the first half, my cage was going well and I seemed to have the upper-hand in bashiness. After a failed attempt to push down the left, I try swinging back down the right with a 2 dice block against a flesh golem with my troll slayer. 1 for the dauntless is followed by a quadruple skull roll and my runner is now very exposed against a large part of the necro team. Desvergeh takes full advantage, smashing aside my hasty attempts at a cage and sprints his werewolf clear with ball in hand for what turned out to be the only score.

As he described, the other major failed roll was that simple hand-off to the rookie ghoul. But his pacy side prevented me from running clear and, ultimately, the game finished with much effort expended but not a lot of quality shown on both sides.

Relegation: a fitting end to an ignominious campaign.

President Weasel
22-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Maybe you accidentally hired dwarfs who were merely doughy.

Cacamas
23-10-2011, 04:34 PM
That may be true. I would definitely prefer devilish, dirty, dastardly or even daring but I got deadwood instead.

cwoac
23-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Ah, smeg. Is there an admin about who can roll div D forward please?

DarkFenix
23-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Done. Also defaulted onestep's last game. Also validated and moved forward other relevant divisions.

ChainsawHands
23-10-2011, 08:03 PM
2-2 for me and potatoedoughnut. Match validated and I've rolled division 1 on to day 3; sorry for the delay.

alh_p
24-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Groovychainsaw was heavily outnumbered today as he was playing both me and whisky.
Kind of worrying that I apparently play better drunk though.

Whisky figures strongly in my BB playbook. Unfortunately it makes my decisions (even more) rash and ill-considered. Nuffle occasionaly smiles on such "strategy" but also not that much.

And why the picture of a bottle of crabbies???

President Weasel
24-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I was drinking whisky and ginger wine, is why.

ChainsawHands
24-10-2011, 02:50 PM
I was drinking whisky and ginger wine, is why.Jameson isn't whisky.

ChainsawHands
24-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Come to think of it, Crabbies isn't ginger wine either!

I suppose we should expect such perfidy from someone who, despite all his claims to the contrary, is neither a President nor a Weasel!

Gorm
24-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Just played Drawlien's Wood elves, which i managed to lose 4-0. Also had a vampire die, but that was kind of my fault i could have gone with the -1str but i left it on dead stupidly and then failed the regen roll. So i am at 9 players with only 3 vamps.
Think i hurt drawliens team too though, so i guess thats something.... but they are only nigglings so someone else will reap the reward.
CURSED ELVES.

drawlien
24-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Yeah I got 2 niggles and 2 MNG's in that game so my team is looking a bit bedraggled for the start of next season, but that's how it goes with Woodies! At least I got 3 level-ups and a pretty good shout at being promoted next season even if there are no drop-outs.

Thanks for the game Gorm, hope your Vamps recover before too long!

President Weasel
24-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Jameson's is whiskey, tis true. And being Scottish it might seem unpatriotic to drink it, but it is rather tasty. I use the Scottish word for the drink even when I am drinking the Irish version.

And Crabbies Ginger Wine is ginger wine.
Crabbies ginger beer isn't - but that's not what I was drinking.

DarkFenix
24-10-2011, 06:26 PM
And he is in fact the president of all weasel-kind.

ChainsawHands
24-10-2011, 07:11 PM
And Crabbies Ginger Wine is ginger wine.
Crabbies ginger beer isn't - but that's not what I was drinking.I'll allow it. THIS TIME!

Xercies
24-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Just played Drawlien's Wood elves, which i managed to lose 4-0

Damn I lost that much as well, I say we put an investigation into Drawlien, I suspect he has sign his soul to the devil!

Gorm
24-10-2011, 10:17 PM
Yea, i decided half way through the first half that i had no chance of scoring if i didnt take some of your team off. But it didnt work.
Oh well, giving the vamps one more season while i think about if i want to keep playing them.

President Weasel
25-10-2011, 08:57 AM
I'll allow it. THIS TIME!

And you can see it quite clearly written on the bottle, too.
Seems like, in these cynical times, even we fake politicians get suspected at every turn :)

Indefatigible Snoozer
25-10-2011, 10:31 AM
1 - 1 in my Div C game against Combat Bunnee's Chaotic Jesters of Death.
Highlight of the game for me was Combat's admission at the end that the game was 'intense' and 'fun' - two words a Dwarf player almost never hears from his opponents.
Combat elected to kick in the first half, and formed up tight in the center, trying to entice the stunties into a foolhardy early TD down one of the widezones - no doubt wishing the Deathroller would go away as quickly as possible. It almost did go away on the first turn, when I foolishly left it open to a 2D blitz from the Minotaur. But double push meant it stayed where it was. The ball carrier stepped across the halfway line, and pretty much stayed there for the first 4 turns, while the chaosmans and the dwarfmans traded blows ineffectually. However, an injured beastman in the center, a bunching of Chaos on the right flank, and the un-dwarflike fleetness of a couple of my +MV players allowed for a fast break down the left flank, with a TD on turn 7.

Second half, and luck was again with the dwarves, with a blitz event allowing my blitzer to catch the dwarven kick. I perhaps overcommitted the rest of my team, however, and the ball was recovered and carried down field by a beastman, with my team mostly tied up and unable to catch the ball carrier. I say mostly, because there was a troll slayer within blitzing range. Unfortunately he would have to dodge out to blitz - which he did! And knocked over the ball carrier! And picked up the ball! All without a reroll!

His glory was short-lived, however, as the chaosmans knocked him down next turn, and were able to score on their turn 4 - leaving the dwarves with 5 turns to score.

The dwarves attempted to set up a risky passing play, but a Troll-slayer knocking himself over at a crucial moment opened up a chance for a beastman to blitz the ball carrier while he was still deep in the dwarven half. The dwarves managed to hold onto the ball, but several turns were wasted trying to secure it, with Chaos dangerously close to the TD line. All the pieces were in place on the last turn for a semi-possible pass-catch TD, but it all ended rather anticlimactically when a troll-slayer failed the GFI he needed to blitz the ball carrier free.

Still a great match, and fun for all involved. Thanks Combat.

imirk
26-10-2011, 06:58 AM
2-0 to the bettys! first perfect season (picking on new teams and halflings)

LowKey
26-10-2011, 08:48 AM
1-0 to NieA7's necros, he got an early TD and then put up a highly effective defence preventing me from scoring, well played

Alistair Hutton
26-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Just noticed that Ininja's and my game hasn't been set to a 0-0 draw and asa result week 2 of Division two hasn't ended. If there's an admin around could that be fixed ASAP as myself and Kelron had scheduled a game tonight

Jolima
26-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Just noticed that Ininja's and my game hasn't been set to a 0-0 draw and asa result week 2 of Division two hasn't ended. If there's an admin around could that be fixed ASAP as myself and Kelron had scheduled a game tonight

I just fixed it.

cwoac
26-10-2011, 11:34 PM
nuffle smiled upon me today, with both my weres pulling off unlikely double gfi+dodge TDs in a 2-1 win vs MadDave's nurgle team. Lots of blood shed on both sides, although curiously no deaths.

duff
27-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Hello gentlemen, I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for a problem I have. Recently formatted and just got around to installing BB legendary edition again. Unfortunately I've lost my cd but I do have my box with a manual and my player key, am I totally screwed?

cwoac
27-10-2011, 12:04 AM
Just the player key and not the activation key?

Then, yeah, reasonably.

DarkFenix
27-10-2011, 02:01 AM
This is why Steam is such a wonderful thing.

duff
27-10-2011, 02:59 AM
I actually own the dark elf edition on Steam but that wont allow me to access my other legendary edition account. Sad panda.

Vexing Vision
27-10-2011, 05:31 AM
You can use the player key with any copy. LE is something between 5 and 10€ on Steam - so while you will have to repurchase the game, your account is safe.

Zoraster
27-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Think your only other option will be to email Focus with your account details and hope they take pity on you. By all accounts their response time is sluggish to say the least, but nothing ventured :) support@bloodbowl-game.com

Alistair Hutton
27-10-2011, 03:58 PM
I just fixed it.

Thanks, frustratingly the game didn't acknowledge this (from our point of view) whilst we were logged on. We are trying again on Sunday.

HughTower
27-10-2011, 05:08 PM
To the powers that be,

Please can you admin my round 2 match to a 2-0 win for JayTee. And then roll the Champs div forward for us.

Noblesse oblige.

drawlien
27-10-2011, 05:58 PM
To the powers that be,

Please can you admin my round 2 match to a 2-0 win for JayTee. And then roll the Champs div forward for us.

Noblesse oblige.

Done and done.

laneford
27-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Done and done.

Ooh, can you validate my 2-1 win over Sponge/Phil Cameron in Div A pleasee....

Mercy Buckets.

Edit: Apparently Jolima has done it! Thanks anyway.

And thanks Jolima.

Xercies
27-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Just had my match with Sgt Ragecage 1-1 draw. The first touchdown was the Sgt, I had a free turn after i hit the ball unfortunately i clumped my men foolishly believing the ball would just slightly bounce off the line, it was still in my area so he gave it to an orc and compltly went past my men. It was a struggle getting the orc with the ball, nearly getting it a few times but eventually he got the touchdown. Only one turn left for me which gave me nothing to do except not pick up the ball. The second touchdown was for me and it was a bit of a quick one, I couldn't really delay it because i put my skink in a hairy position and I had to go and do a run for it. Thankfully it worked and it got me the touchdown. The rest of the game was grinding the porc that had the ball trying to make it not score, thankfully I succeeded to get it into one of my skinks hands, unfortunately there wasn't enough turns to really do anything with it.

With that this season for me is over, my lizards definitely went through a bit of a challenge this time, winning once, losing once, and now a draw. Definitely a change from last season where I was doing very well. Poor Gorm at the bottom of the table with zero points though.

Schizoslayer
27-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Just finished my game Vs Alini and Brewery Management in Div F with a 1-1 draw. I was dreading this match since the start of the season as I hate playing against Dwarves and it went almost exactly as I suspected it would.

The Bills won the toss and chose to kick in the first half preferring to defend while all of the team was vertical. There was 6 turns of careful dodge based defending as the Dwarven cage slowly rolled down the pitch. Eventually a gap opened up on one side and they were able to get in position for a touchdown on turn 7. With only one square between the ball carrier and the endzone I threw one of my line-elves down the end zone passing 3 dodge rolls to blitz the ball carrier on a two-dice against block. The dice came up double defender stumbles and the Runner went down. The ball goes flying into the crowd who throw it in far into the opposite wing of the pitch out of reach of the Dwarves. An Elven Blitzer dodges away from his mark, past another Blocker and with two go for it's he collects the ball before throwing it back up to the half-way line and out of harms way.

The next turn sees the Dwarves get in position to try a pass to the Runner near the Endzone but the dazzling sun causes the Blitzer to fumble the pass. A nearby Elf manages to pick up the ball but also fumbles while trying to clear it to a team mate who was in position to score. End of the first half 0-0 (and I do a little happy dance).

Second half starts with the Bullet Head Bills receiving while down one player. The kick goes high and the Thrower gets under the ball and catches it. 3 Line-elves drop back to protect him while the rest of the team break through the Dwarf line down both wings. The Dwarves respond by mobbing the receivers but they are split into two groups and they leave the ball carrier alone. Blows are exchanged but the bills stall for another 2 turns giving the Dwarves the run around. Eventually with no more options left a Line-elf gets blitzed free and the Thrower passes the ball which is then caught and run in for a touchdown.

Setting up on Defence the Elf coach forgets how the game works and accidentally clicks accept without moving any players into position resulting in the worlds worst defensive formation ever. There is much blood spilled as a result. By this point there are only 7 Elves left on the pitch anyway so defence was going to be hard even without this mistake. The Dwarves take advantage and bludgeon their way through the defence while the Elves manage to hurt themselves even more with a series of failed dodges and blocks - one of which resulted in the Death of the teams newly signed Catcher - The apothecary fortunately managed to turn this into just a smashed ankle. With one turn left to go for each side and both coaches knowing this games was going to be a draw teh Dwarves run the ball in for the equalizer.

The last turn saw the Elves setup deep into their half to receive the kick and try and complete a pass. Which failed. The Dwarves beat up the sacrifical line-elves for a turn and the match is over.

Result: 1-1 and the Bullet Head Bills win Division F.

MadDave123
27-10-2011, 10:26 PM
nuffle smiled upon me today, with both my weres pulling off unlikely double gfi+dodge TDs in a 2-1 win vs MadDave's nurgle team. Lots of blood shed on both sides, although curiously no deaths.Aye, you can't fault Nuffle for gifting those pesky werewolves with some crazy good rolls.
A very bloody and fun match all round. At the beginning of the 2nd half could've gone either way really.
I enjoyed myself muchly, thanks cwoac.

Vexing Vision
27-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Jiiiiim would describe the Siren's match versus ntw's Pathologic... err... pathogenic Nurgles with a single picture of a half-naked lady wearing no armor, standing in the pouring rain which forms an impenetrable barrier around her. After what must have been an excruciatingly painful second half for the Nurglistics (who thankfully for ntw all have regeneration, otherwise this would have been even more painful), the 1-0 for the Sirens was never really in any doubt despite them getting very playful with the Beast, who didn't even really try to hurt one of them.

The Seaside Sirens had an amazing performance this season and earned the Divison B trophy by absolutely outstanding and amazing armor rolls (amazing for me, utterly frustrating for my opponents) through all three matches.

ntw
27-10-2011, 11:38 PM
I suspect someone swapped the teams armour at half time.

But I was unable to do anything really - somewhat frustrating...

alh_p
28-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Oh that's an intersting result. Despite my own team's inability to dent the 'zons, I had been expecting NTW to make a fine paste of them. This means I need a draw from my game with Kar to go back up to Div A...

And that does it. Now I'm bound to be shot down in flames by nuffle.

Still, ntw, we can gloat at the prospect of VV's zons going on a XI*XI blind date with a tasty dwarf team like Mr Pier's at some point :P

ntw
28-10-2011, 11:54 AM
*I* had been expecting to turn the 'zons into a fine, lady-flavoured paste also, or at least make it look like something out of a Hentai film. Especially given the 490K incentives I gave away at the start of the match. Granted, I managed to nullify about half of that late in the first half by fracturing the skull (IIRC) of Zara The Slayer, but quite literally nothing else worked. :(

Unless I'm missing something alh_p, the best you can hope for is a sideways move to Div2 - Vex has already sewn up the Division title...

Vexing Vision
28-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Rubbing it (in Nurgle-slimed jello) in: I actually didn't need those inducements. My original plan was to outbash the Nurglings, seeing that only a scant few of them were able to block and there was a single tackle, so I went for two Babes, an additional Apothecary and Zara.

Zara skullfractured late first half (and I found out that you can't use apoths on Star Players! Doh.), I never had any KO'ed girls at all for the entire match, and one of the apoths was used turning a -AV into a MNG for one of my line girls, while the other was busy mixing steroids and just watching the game.

In short, Morg would have been the better choice. Oh well!

grinn
28-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Isn't it odd that zons get babes as well? You'd imagine something more shaven-chested and manly, possibly wearing a bow-tie and a tiger tanga...

Vexing Vision
28-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Isn't it odd that zons get babes as well? You'd imagine something more shaven-chested and manly, possibly wearing a bow-tie and a tiger tanga...

Gender becomes obsolete after a few barrels of beer. (And in the game!) Also, did you SEE the 'zon cheerleading team?

That said, the only game I lost in the seasons so far with 'em (despite of having plenty of draws) was versus some manly, hairy-chested Norse. A coincidence, of course.

mrpier
28-10-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm unsure how long I'll keep my dwarves, but if I see some tasty zons, then I'll be sure to try and bash some heads in. "Try" being the important word here, with nuffle being such a fickle bastard.

alh_p
28-10-2011, 12:19 PM
fracturing the skull (IIRC) of Zara The Slayer, but quite literally nothing else worked. :(
Her again? I tried to do the same the whole match. Stab is SO annoying, useless on a normal player but ideal in a merc.

Unless I'm missing something alh_p, the best you can hope for is a sideways move to Div2 - Vex has already sewn up the Division title...
Ah ok, I think you're right. I'd thought you went up and sideways but either way, its different to staying still.

ntw
28-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Rubbing it (in Nurgle-slimed jello) in: I actually didn't need those inducements. My original plan was to outbash the Nurglings, seeing that only a scant few of them were able to block and there was a single tackle, so I went for two Babes, an additional Apothecary and Zara.

Zara skullfractured late first half (and I found out that you can't use apoths on Star Players! Doh.), I never had any KO'ed girls at all for the entire match, and one of the apoths was used turning a -AV into a MNG for one of my line girls, while the other was busy mixing steroids and just watching the game.

In short, Morg would have been the better choice. Oh well!

True words - Zara was pretty ineffective and the other inducements completely unnecessary.

/edit - all of which makes me feel *SO* much better...

ChainsawHands
28-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Stab is SO annoying, useless on a normal player but ideal in a merc.I'm quite fond of assassins, particularly if you can get them jump up or, joy of joys, multiple block...

grinn
29-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Hey Rakysh, I m floating around for the game today. Havent heard from you in a bit. keep me posted.
Cheers

Rakysh
29-10-2011, 03:33 PM
There we go, Grinn beat me 2-1 to conclude the last game in div 6. I nearly held out for a draw or even a win, but a nice blitz from a blitzer wrapped it up for him. Good game, good fun.

duff
29-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Myself and boots468 just played the last game in div 4, so feel free to validate and finish the league.

I expect it was more fun for me (delf) than boots (vamps) as he lost some thralls early on which allowed me to control most areas of the pitch nicely. He also had pretty bad luck with blood lust and hypnotic gaze rolls which took the sting out of his offence a bit. I played more of a passing game than usual for delfs as I didn't fancy trying to protect a runner against HG and blodging vampires! Thankfully my pass and catch rolls didn't fail me and I managed to win 4-1. Thanks for the game boots, well played.

boots468
29-10-2011, 04:48 PM
I hate being outnumbered by elves.

Duff's Delves just convincingly beat my Vamps. Duff played very well throughout (better than I did, truth be told), and clearly deserved the win, but I feel the dice were to blame for the heavy touchdown difference (4-1) and casualty difference (~6-0).

I'm getting quite frustrated coaching Vampires though, and may well swap them out at the end of next season. I'll give them one more chance to prove that they are actually ST4 AG4 Blodgers with Hypno Gaze, and not just Halflings dressing up with fake teeth for Halloween.

DarkFenix
29-10-2011, 06:49 PM
A plethora of matches validated, not too many to go now.

As to the tie in division 4 between me and duff:
Duffin is +6 in casualties (8 for 2) and +6 in TD's (9 for 3) for an overall +12 difference.
I'm +11 in casualties (15 for 4) and +3 in TD's (4 for 1) for an overall +14 difference.

I'm not especially trusting of Cyanide's system keeping accurate count (or my own ability to count for that matter), but it seems I take the division 4 win by a whisker.

As for the three-way tie in division D:
MadDave is -1 in casualties (5 for 6) and +2 in TD's (5 for 3) for an overall +1 difference.
Nullkigan is -1 in casualties (1 for 2) and +2 in TD's (5 for 3) for an overall +1 difference.
Cwoac is -3 in casualties (1 for 4) and +2 in TD's (5 for 3) for an overall -1 difference.

This puts cwoac in third place, making it a two-way tie between MadDave and Nullkigan, which I believe MadDave then takes first place in by dint of his 2-1 victory over Nullkigan.

Feel free to check my numbers and see if I've miscounted folks.

Kelron
29-10-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm quite fond of assassins, particularly if you can get them jump up or, joy of joys, multiple block...

Allowing them to fail 2 stabs per turn!

Indefatigible Snoozer
30-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Question, oh masters of the game.
Does Dodge work with break tackle? I'm considering it for my Deathroller on doubles.

Screwie
30-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Yep, Dodge and Break Tackle do work together.

Rakysh
30-10-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure you need both. With S7, you can go into what, three or four TZs on a 2+? That's an easy cage break. Block strikes me as a better option.

President Weasel
30-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Much as I hate to help a deathroller stay on the field, block should be helpful. Or you could consider tackle, for making sure you mow down those pesky amazons.

Indefatigible Snoozer
30-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Already have block. I believe dodging into 3 tackle zones with str 7 is actually 3+. I read on bbtactics that because the tables in the rulebook list dodges at "6+" as being made at 1+, then the actual result into 3 tackles zones for AG 7 will be 3+ (start at 1+, +1 for making a dodge, then -3 for the tacklezones gives you 3+). I have no idea if the cyanide version follows this though.

Even though every other break tackle would all be on a 2+, that's still 1 in 6 chance of failing. And he's a loner, so I don't want to waste a reroll. Dodge would give him much more reliable movement around. Also adds to his already almost impenetrable defense (although I have been sloppy and had people get 2D blocks against him before, so not actually all that bad). It even slightly improves my odds (in extreme circumstances) of making two dodges in one turn.

So yeah, those are my thoughts. Maybe tackle for my third doubles roll :).

Tom OBedlam
30-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Helloes, how do I get involved in the league?

Jolima
30-10-2011, 02:09 PM
I see you've already found and signed up on the spreadsheet, so all that's needed now is keeping an eye on this thread so you can sign up quickly in the game when a division is assigned. That should happen sometime during the coming week.

There's more information in the first post of this thread and in the last two sheets of the spreadsheet.

Welcome.

@Snoozer: I'd agree with getting dodge if you already have block, to negate those loner failures if nothing else.

Screwie
30-10-2011, 02:28 PM
As an alternative to Dodge for your Blocking Deathroller, might I suggest Frenzy?

alh_p
30-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Karandraz and I just finished our Lizards/Chaos match. Quite surprisingly, it ended 3-3 with only 1 injury! Fuller write up to follow.

President Weasel
30-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Helloes, how do I get involved in the league?

Helloes, Tom Obedlam. This season is winding to a close, so there will soon be a flurry of activity as Groovychainsaw tries to calculate who gets promoted and demoted, and then tries to herd all the cats into the relevant divisions so we can start the new season.
Keep an eye on this thread over the next week or so, and you should see an announcement about the new season. You'll find your new division in the spreadsheet once that happens, then you can apply in game using cyanide's terrible, terrible AI.

A few things to note:
The start of the season happens quickly and is a bit confusing, keep your eye on the thread;
To apply to a division you have to find it in the searchy thing, then view it, then apply from "inside" the view - applying from the searchy thing does not work (because terrible terrible UI)
The divisions fill from the top, so probably you will apply to your division then not much will happen for a couple of days as the other divisions fill up.
There might be drop outs or not-show-ups at the last minute, meaning groovy will need to shuffle people around. Keep an eye on the thread because you might suddenly get told to e.g. apply to division E instead of 6.
Depending on the number of applications we might not have enough for a full division, in which case Groovy will try to find a volunteer to make up the numbers in your division with an extra team. Can't guarantee you a place this season, but he'll do his best because he is good people.

Vexing Vision
30-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Or you could consider tackle, for making sure you mow down those pesky amazons.

*shakes head sadly* I thought you were a better person than this.

MadDave123
30-10-2011, 04:21 PM
This puts cwoac in third place, making it a two-way tie between MadDave and Nullkigan, which I believe MadDave then takes first place in by dint of his 2-1 victory over Nullkigan.

Feel free to check my numbers and see if I've miscounted folks.Ooooh, a close one for sure. I hear no protests from the other two, *holds hands over their mouths* so lets assume everything is fine and that I win. :D

ChainsawHands
30-10-2011, 08:46 PM
1-0 to Alethron's Let Them Eat Lembas against Elf Harm. Nuffle... did not smile on me, today. His will be done!

Thanks to Alethron for the match.

Alethron
30-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks ChainsawHands, well played. As mentioned, Nuffle threw a whole bunch of 1s at ChainsawHands - a turnover on his very first turn set the tone for the entire match. It was still a close run thing in spite of this, and it should have been 1-1 at the end - a failed GFI into the endzone, of course.

Cheers

groovychainsaw
30-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Gents, last day of the season is today! Promotions/demotions will be worked on shortly (and good work those doing the maths above, looks pretty accurate to me). There are 8 games outstanding. Make your usual excuses in here so we don't have to default your game, i'd rather not decide demotions etc. based on defaulted games, so tyr and squeeze them in? I'll sort some promotions etc. out over the next couple of days. Please enter yourself on the sheet as 'z' if you are dropping out or R* if you are rebooting your team!

Also, thanks to the admins for validating/organising things in here in the last week, I've been really busy so haven't been around as much as usual. But i have a new job now! So yey me :-)

Zoraster
30-10-2011, 09:32 PM
I’m out. Thanks Groovy, NTW and associated minions and opponents for the last twelve months entertainment. I might be back at some point next year.

potatoedoughnut
30-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Grats on the job GC!

Jarvis & I are outstanding (and in the game). We've missed each other so far this weekend, but we're trying to get something arranged for tonight.

Alistair Hutton
30-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Deadly Lampshades 2 - 2 Altdorf Army

A lightning fast, end to contest filled with thrills and spills. no time for a full report unfortunately but it was a cracker.

JayTee
30-10-2011, 10:07 PM
mrpier is sans-internet for a while due to unforeseen landlord issues, we're both spoiling for the match just waiting on higher powers to let us give it a go.

Jolima
30-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Phew.

Just played a real nailbiter against HughTower.

First half started out badly for me. In the first five turns I had wasted 4 rerolls on 2+ rolls, all of them failing on the reroll as well. Needless to say, that let the Wood Elves score on the third turn and almost steal the initiative with a defensive TD as well. Mr Snow--my AG 5 vamp--came to the rescue though, picking the ball up under the nose of a wardancer and throwing it upfield to a waiting vampire who scored on turn 7. On both drives I had managed to KO one wardancer and one other elf, but all of them woke up on the first opportunity. So the elves receive on turn 8 at full strength. The fans wants to be part of the action as well and storm the field, causing the ref to lose track of time and add another turn to the half. Just enough for the elves to score again.

2-1 at half time.

Next half and I was receiving again, making a push for one side and then switching over to the other as all the elves over-commit. The score is 2-2 after four turns and I'm betting on a 3-2 end result, probably in favor of Hugh. A pass to the main thrower is failed though and Hugh elects to save his reroll, letting me run through his lines to pick the ball up with Mr Snow and pass it to another vampire. A Strip Ball wardancer strikes it from his hands and it ends up with an elven catcher who dodges away from my blitz next turn and runs down to cover behind Meatleaf the tree. A 1d block sends him sprawling and Mr Snow can once again snatch the ball up after another defender has been hypnotized. Mr Snow goes for a pass, but (inevitably) it is intercepted on a 6 and the elves score next turn. 3-2.

It is now turn 16 and gg's are being passed around when the fans storm the field once more. This evens out the end of the first half by letting me have two full turns for scoring as well. Most of the elves are lined up near the touchline in classic "don't hit me" formation letting me cover the first half of the field easily. Next turn, I blitz away one of the defenders to open a hole and go for a pass with Mr Snow. Except I forgot to move up a thrall first, so blood lust means I have to make a longer one than needed. Still just a 3+ though which comes across fine. Next obstacle is the 2+ catch, which fails, but the ball bounces to a thrall who likewise fails to catch it and just happens to shove it back where it came from again. The vampire succeeds in catching it this time and even makes the succession of bloodlust, dodge, GFI needed to score without further drama. 3-3.

Phew.

smaug81
31-10-2011, 12:11 AM
INinja and I completed our match, 2-1 to me. Full match report may follow when I have the time.

potatoedoughnut
31-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Jarvis and I finished our game. 1-1 draw between his Chaosmans and my Necros.

The dice were very oddly split. Jarvis got a lot better on the d6 (BB manager: +18 vs -2) while I did way better on the 2d6 (+10 vs -6) inflicting 5 cas and a death while the 2 cas inflicted by the chaos were both regenned.

In the end I was able to get way more mans on the pitch and pretty much dominated the second half. Unfortunately I tried to get fancy and hand off to a wight for some extra spp on turn 15. The handoff failed and then the 2+ pickup from the agi4 ghoul failed as well the next turn, leaving the result at a misleading 1-1.

Sorry for the bum armour dice Jarvis, may you get some block & dodgeless av7 opponents next season!

Jarvis
31-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Jarvis and I finished our game. 1-1 draw between his Chaosmans and my Necros.

The dice were very oddly split. Jarvis got a lot better on the d6 (BB manager: +18 vs -2) while I did way better on the 2d6 (+10 vs -6) inflicting 5 cas and a death while the 2 cas inflicted by the chaos were both regenned.

In the end I was able to get way more mans on the pitch and pretty much dominated the second half. Unfortunately I tried to get fancy and hand off to a wight for some extra spp on turn 15. The handoff failed and then the 2+ pickup from the agi4 ghoul failed as well the next turn, leaving the result at a misleading 1-1.

Sorry for the bum armour dice Jarvis, may you get some block & dodgeless av7 opponents next season!

I must admit to a bit of schadenfreude at the end when those last rolls of yours failed.

One of those injuries was a niggling result making his time limited, on the other hand the warriors are still all fine and I can afford the mino so for the first time this team will have all it's positionals and a full roster.

Jiiiiim
31-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Doesn't look like I'll be able to play Arnisaurus. Full reason in the match organizing thread.

mrpier
31-10-2011, 08:26 AM
mrpier is sans-internet for a while due to unforeseen landlord issues, we're both spoiling for the match just waiting on higher powers to let us give it a go.

This is true, best case scenario is I'll have internet back tonight (although it should have been back on friday).

ChainsawHands
31-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks ChainsawHands, well played. As mentioned, Nuffle threw a whole bunch of 1s at ChainsawHands - a turnover on his very first turn set the tone for the entire match. It was still a close run thing in spite of this, and it should have been 1-1 at the end - a failed GFI into the endzone, of course.

CheersIt was a failed pass at the end - I think the failed GFI was at the end of the first half. ;-)

cwoac
31-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Ooooh, a close one for sure. I hear no protests from the other two, *holds hands over their mouths* so lets assume everything is fine and that I win. :D

Not objecting (at least partially since I don't think it makes any difference to who wins the league this round, and either way I'll be getting three new opponents to feed to my weres).

However, where in the spreadsheet is the rules on league scoring written? I can see the bit on handling tiebreaks, but nothing on how the actual points are calculated?

ntw
31-10-2011, 01:25 PM
<snip>...However, where in the spreadsheet is the rules on league scoring written? I can see the bit on handling tiebreaks, but nothing on how the actual points are calculated?

I don't think it is actually specified, the assumption was everyone would realise it is using the "standard" 3 for a win, 1 for a draw scheme...

I'm pretty sure that is what BB uses internally as well, so hopefully it wasn't too much of an assumption.

Nullkigan
31-10-2011, 01:25 PM
NTW was faster, stronger, better.

groovychainsaw
31-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Line 21 on the 'detailed rules and stuff' tab should explain it, i think. Unless you mean the fundamental scoring of 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw? Which isn't in there, true enough, as its one of the default blood bowl rules rather than anything we've added in. Does that help? ;-)

/Edit - once again, double ninja'd, thanks chaps :-)

Jiiiiim
31-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Cor, well done Jolima. You won the whole thing. With vampires. JUST IN TIME FOR HALLOWEEN.

mrpier
31-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Yes, congrats Jolima and well done! :-)

bloody vampires!

Never mind the the passive-aggressive outburst whited out there. ;-)

Vexing Vision
31-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Cor, well done Jolima. You won the whole thing. With vampires. JUST IN TIME FOR HALLOWEEN.

Congrats! And winning with Vamps on Halloween is bloody brilliant.

(I'll aim for Mother's Day with my Amazons. This is much, much easier as there's four or five different dates worldwide for Mother's Day.)

cwoac
31-10-2011, 04:20 PM
ah, my bad, I hadn't realised D was a three-way tie.

Rakysh
31-10-2011, 04:31 PM
The halflings will have to try and win on pancake day, I suppose. Rather difficult.

ChainsawHands
31-10-2011, 04:51 PM
The halflings will have to try and win on pancake day, I suppose. Rather difficult.Maybe instead they should just aim to get battered.

Jiiiiim
31-10-2011, 05:27 PM
What the hell can I aim for with Lizards.

ChainsawHands
31-10-2011, 05:35 PM
What the hell can I aim for with Lizards.August the 14th is World Lizard Day.

Rakysh
31-10-2011, 05:36 PM
We don't need to aim for being battered, it just occurs. And Lizards can go for a win at Chrissssssmasssss.

groovychainsaw
31-10-2011, 06:26 PM
THIS (http://www.squidoo.com/world-lizard-day), obviously ;-)

/Gah, ninja'd again - i gotta remember to hit refresh more than once an hour on our thread :-D

President Weasel
31-10-2011, 06:58 PM
August the 14th is World Lizard Day.

It's also, in all seriousness, my birthday.
For the record, I am not a World Lizard.

Gorm
31-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Nice one Jolima for winning with Vamps on Halloween.

imirk
31-10-2011, 07:13 PM
not a world lizard nor a president of weasels... who are you?

boots468
31-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Yes, congrats Jolima! (although seeing someone win the whole league with Vamps makes me feel bad for probably going to dump my Vamp team for being too hard to do consistently well with)

Kelron
31-10-2011, 08:42 PM
So my +MA +AG witch elf finally levelled up again. And rolled + ST. There's no way I can turn that down, but skills would be nice.

Jolima
31-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks for all the congratulations, now I'll just have to aim for a repeat next season. :P

boots468: My approach to their inconsistency has been lots and lots of rerolls. I now have 6 of them and I think I started with as many as 5 and only two vampires (currently at four). They still have the odd aggravating turn, but so do any team.

duff
31-10-2011, 09:16 PM
So my +MA +AG witch elf finally levelled up again. And rolled + ST. There's no way I can turn that down, but skills would be nice.

Give her wrestle when you can.

ST 4 AG 5 MA 8 with wrestle, dodge, jump up and frenzy. Drool.

Rakysh
31-10-2011, 09:16 PM
*weeps with fear*

MadDave123
31-10-2011, 09:19 PM
and either way I'll be getting three new opponents to feed to my weres).*shudders* I hope I don't have to face them again any time soon >_>

Alistair Hutton
31-10-2011, 09:24 PM

I knew I should have fouled her when I had the chance.

Kelron
31-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Give her wrestle when you can.

ST 4 AG 5 MA 8 with wrestle, dodge, jump up and frenzy. Drool.

That is definitely the plan.

JayTee
31-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Dead Comics Society (Khe) vs. Longus Barba (Dwa)

0 - 1

Worst. Firsthalf. Ever.

I had 5 players on the pitch at one point, the Khemri seemed entirely unable to stand up, hit anything, or actually do anything useful in the first half. It's thanks to the Dwarfs being slow on their feet (And some delaying by mrpier to (I assume) get some more hits in on the seemingly squishy Khemri) it was only 0-1 at the whistle. After the return kick to the Khemri the tough crowd decided to chuck a rock at the Dwarfs, resulting in one dead Trollslayer which the Apoc amazingly brought back to Badly Hurt. Of course at this point the Thro-Ra got all confused and decided to pick the ball up with his tongue. Lacking a tongue he somewhat failed at this so the first half ended fairly tamely with just some shoving around.

For the first time ever however the Khemri all regen-ed and 2 out of the 3 KOs got back on their feet so at the end of the first half we were back to 11-a-side with the Deathroller being sent off. Second half started out quietly with the Khemri shambling slowly forward, for once not spending the entire drive knocked over and/or injured/KOed. Solid defence from the Dwarfs rapidly ran the clock down and the end of the match loomed with the Khemri barely over the halfway line. A Blocker goes down with a -1 MA injury, relegating him permanently to the LoS, but the Dwarf defence held pretty firm.

In classic style I bought a Wizard, saved him for a crucial bit, only to fail all 4 rolls (1 in 16 chance of that happening for those counting) so a superb 150k entirely wasted. In hindsight I don't know why I bother buying the damned wizard, I've never had it actually succeed at anything. My nice new Dirty Player + Sneaky Git skeleton needed a paltry 6 or more to injure a Slayer but superbly managed to get a 1 and a 2. Nice work there.

Last 2 turns of the game saw a slight opening for the Khemri, some risky moves played off and thanks to an unlucky GFI failure from the Dwarfs the carrier was almost clear. I needed a knockover on a Slayer and despite a re-roll the Tomb Guardian could only manage a Push. Again hindsight, I could have done it with the Push if I'd shuffled around and blitzed with a Blitz-Ra which would have shoved the Slayer in an appropriate direction but I spotted that the second I'd just clicked with the TG. So it was up to the Thro-Ra to dodge to even the score, and of course he failed so leaving the Dwarfs a final turn to do some punching.

Last roll of the game resulted in a Skull on a Slayer which I think saw ended up in a -1 STR injury. Ouch.

The huge TV difference was fairly apparent in the ridiculous amount of Guard on the Dwarfs which limited my blocking and definitely gave them a nice advantage in the punching. I think it's entirely down to successful regen rolls that I managed to come within one roll of a tie, so that's my regen luck gone for the next year!

So to end, this is the end for the Comics for a while. I'm off to Afghanistan in ~2 weeks for a relatively variable length of time, but at the least I'll have to miss the next 2 seasons possibly 3. Wouldn't mind coming back with the Comics when I'm back, so the team isn't retiring just needs a couple of seasons to learn how to wear armour and how to hit things properly.

mrpier
31-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Despite all my blocking and actually getting khemri off the pitch my dwarfs came out the worse for wear with two permanent injuries, -1ma on a blocker which isn't so bad, but I'll have to retire the troll slayer, 2 ST isn't good enough even with dauntless. But I'm happy for the win, and I'll probably keep my dwarves for next season too, giving them another shot at the title.

Gorm
31-10-2011, 10:57 PM
My approach to their inconsistency has been lots and lots of rerolls.

I should aim for this, but i have trouble keeping thralls around. Maybe i've just had a lot of bad luck. Should i just keep them dead and use the linemen until i have lots of re-rolls?

groovychainsaw
01-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Right, all matches valiated/defaulted and promotions/demotion are being worked on now.

NEW GUYS READ BELOW!

I've set you all to 'Z' for next season right now. 'But why'? I hear you ask. Because, we've had a few occasions where people have signed up and then forgotten/lost interest in between seasons. Which is fine, but I don't want to wait a week to find this out. So, if you're still interested, change that 'Z' back to an 'N' number in the next couple of days so we know. If you want to post in here too, you can, but I'll be using the spreadsheet to decide who will be joining us, and where they will go...

THIS BIT IS FOR EVERYONE AGAIN! ;-)

Additionally, I'm considering a minor change to the rules, whereby returning teams (ie those who've been away for a season or two) can return above the bottom division. The reason for this is two-fold. One it gives me some teams i can comfortably put in higher divisions to fill in gaps, and two, stops the new guys being battered by an experienced player with a levelled team. For now, the plan would be to only put them in where there were gaps and use a bit of common sense when putting them back in, rather than a hard and fast rule. What do folks think?

Vexing Vision
01-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Additionally, I'm considering a minor change to the rules, whereby returning teams (ie those who've been away for a season or two) can return above the bottom division. The reason for this is two-fold. One it gives me some teams i can comfortably put in higher divisions to fill in gaps, and two, stops the new guys being battered by an experienced player with a levelled team. For now, the plan would be to only put them in where there were gaps and use a bit of common sense when putting them back in, rather than a hard and fast rule. What do folks think?

Suggestion: Can you track which Division the team was before it retired? I would suggest that a team can rejoin at best one Division below the Division they quit. This should also automatically place them in a comparable TV range.

Normal promotions would take priority, but as we are usually seeing a few drop-outs, this would allow higher level filler teams without some teams jumping two Divisions at once per season (as I did, much to my eternal bemusement).

It'd require one additional thing to track (former Division), but this makes sense, no?

ntw
01-11-2011, 10:04 AM
We can track the former divisions with the Historical Results tab...

Also, good idea, seconded ;)

Screwie
01-11-2011, 10:05 AM

I like it, and VV's follow-up suggestion.

groovychainsaw
01-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks guys for the support, broadly that is what i would try and do. Obviously, if there were no dropouts, the team would join at the bottom as usual, but it should help some of the slightly bold double promotions of recent seasons (which are mostly just an artifact of very small divisions, but i digress). Anyways, the sheet is all updated, everyone should see who they are playing next season, so....

GET THOSE APPLICATIONS FOR THE NEW SEASON IN! I'd like us to start NEXT WEEKEND, if at all possible :-)

President Weasel
01-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Looks like a grim struggle to avoid relegation next season for my chaos mans, who have been performing above expectations recently and been a bit overpromoted as a result. Desvergeh's Necros, Alh_p's more skilled-up chaos mans, and Chainsawhands with an elf team. Should be some good matches!

Jarvis
01-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Div a's still full but happily it's let me put my app in.

Vexing Vision
01-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Good gods, I don't want to deal with HT's Killerdancers, Arnis Killerorcs and... actually, that Chaos team doesn't look TOO bad.... (or does it? I can't check teams. Why don't you all tell me your TV so I can start sobbing quietly straight away.)

groovychainsaw
01-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Well, after 4 seasons of facing bashy team after bashy team (I've had the lowest AV in every division so far), I'm in a division with... lizards, chaos and nurgle. Oh good. Or is that oh god. :-/. Good job i've got block, guard and mighty blow as my main skills ive been developing, I'm going to need them, as none of those teams are new teams and they've got some skills themselves...

Xercies
01-11-2011, 11:30 AM
A pretty varied table for me, not looking forward to the HElfs though, i always have trouble with really dodgy passing teams.

Alistair Hutton
01-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Necromantic, Norse and Nurgle? Oh my. Trluy a feast of Halloween horrors. Shame, I thought I was going to end up with ChainsawHands (he doesn't really have chainsaws for hands) in my league. I feel I might have got promoted above my ability this time though.

ChainsawHands
01-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Necromantic, Norse and Nurgle? Oh my. Trluy a feast of Halloween horrors. Shame, I thought I was going to end up with ChainsawHands (he doesn't really have chainsaws for hands) in my league. I feel I might have got promoted above my ability this time though.Clearly not; it's plural, I have *two* chainsaws for hands.

Screwie
01-11-2011, 01:16 PM
I can't wait to get cracking on my new elfy team! I don't mind who I face this season. :)

Except dwarfs. Obviously.

ChainsawHands
01-11-2011, 01:28 PM
So who do I have? Ah: Necromantic, Chaos and, for variety... Chaos. It's a good thing I hate each and every one of my pointy-eared elf bastards.

President Weasel
01-11-2011, 01:48 PM
My initial joy at seeing an elf team in amongst the bashier ones was quickly tempered when I realised you were coaching them. I don't suppose I could persuade you to get staggeringly drunk before our match? My undeveloped chaos mans lack sufficent block and tackle to reliably SMASH ELF MANS and I haven't even got one proper killer beastman yet.

ChainsawHands
01-11-2011, 02:10 PM
I'll accept donations of beer (http://www.brewdog.com/shop) or whisky (http://www.masterofmalt.com/)...

But based on their last match, you don't so much need to smash them as just wait for them to roll some dice which will inevitably come up 1s. ;-)

JamesCoombs
01-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Changed myself back to N2, and I'm ready to get the bejesus knocked out of me. Should have played more practice games in Auld last week.

alh_p
01-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Looks like a grim struggle to avoid relegation next season for my chaos mans, who have been performing above expectations recently and been a bit overpromoted as a result. Desvergeh's Necros, Alh_p's more skilled-up chaos mans, and Chainsawhands with an elf team. Should be some good matches!

Wow, you've shot up the tables! Should be an interesting game. Unless you out-bash me (which even amazons have done), then I'll cry.

ntw
01-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Changed myself back to N2, and I'm ready to get the bejesus knocked out of me. Should have played more practice games in Auld last week.

Assigned to Div6.

Screwie
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Assigned to Div6.

Dwarfs??

*Vader noooooooo*

I don't even have any players with Dodge and I still fear them.

Rakysh
01-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Yay for my division; there'll be a halfling-off (which I predict to be a completely hilarious farce) a norse team who will break almost as easily as my boys and some Delves who we wont talk about.

imirk
01-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Orcs, Dark Elfs, Vampires, and Undeads Oh MY!

From what I hear the vampire team is a bit broken up? Maybe I'll draw them first?

Gorm
01-11-2011, 05:17 PM
We'll see about that.

Jiiiiim
01-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Vamps, Dorves and Helves to go with my Lizzies. Nice, varied bunch though I think my lack of tackle is going to hurt.

What division do I search for for the championship? I tried RPS Division of Death Championship and then ran out of ideas.

Also Division A needs clearing out - I kicked myself from it >_>

DarkFenix
01-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Oh bloody hell, I have to face duffin's bastarding delves again.

Schizoslayer
01-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Oh boy am I not looking forwards to next season with 3 very bashy teams vs my HElves. I may as well start writing the letters to their widows now.

boots468
01-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Undead, Orc and Delf. Oh pants. Why oh why can't thralls wear any armour? They only really need their necks exposed.

Tom OBedlam
01-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Signed up, hoo-hah!

Blighty's Blighters ready for smashing

JayTee
01-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Double on my Tomb Guardian thanks to an MVP award which means two of them now have Block. Excellent.

Did some looking at various things and one of my TGs has played in 14 matches and still only has 4 SPP, while a skeleton of mine has picked up MVP 5 times, caused 2 Cas, 1 dead, and scored once. It's just not fair it seems.

Kicked myself out of the Champs Div, I'll be back in (hopefully) season 16 and think some attempt to not let me pummel brand-new teams with a 1620 TV Khemri team would be a good thing for all involved :)

Vexing Vision
01-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Signed up and ready to roll for Div A.

Until I roll into Arni's Orcs. Which, given my track record with teams consisting of Block and Block with a bit of Block and ooooh there's a Tackle is not necessarily desirable.

bazooka71
01-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Changed to a 'Z'? Can't have that.

I'm ready to rock and roll, how long til we all get started?

imirk
01-11-2011, 11:15 PM
You're starting in the bottom divisions so maybe as long as a week?

NieA7
01-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Applied for Div3, at least there are no bloody dwarves this time. Duff's Delves though, only beat them last time due to a massive difference in TV but now they're higher rated than my shamblers even though they've played fewer games. Hurm. Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to break a few Skaven even as they're scoring infinite touchdowns around me.

alh_p
01-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Applied to Div 2.

Edit: WOoo! Page 100!

laneford
01-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Applied to Div 1!

smaug81
02-11-2011, 01:50 AM
Applied for Div 1. A rematch against Alistair should be entertaining. I fear the Necros and the Nurgles may make a fine paste of my team, though. I know that day is coming, I just don't know when. :P

Tom OBedlam
02-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Delfs, elfs and skaven? Crikey that'll be a nippy division. Looks like strip ball and tackle will be a big part of my future.

Wolfenswan
02-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Applied to League 5. THis is going to be interesting. And by interesting i mean painful.

Nullkigan
02-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Was already in Div D. Lazing about like a boss.

ntw
02-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Also lazing like a boss (or a slow, tentacled Beast of Nurgle) in DivC, just as well since I've been unable to get to a PC for a few days... :S

Axler
02-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi I'd like to apply for the current season with a Necro team. I've filled in my details on the spreadsheet but didn't put in a team name as I wasn't sure if I needed to get them to certain TV before applying or is it new teams only?

Vexing Vision
02-11-2011, 12:30 PM
We all started with a new TV 1000 team, and in the low-tiered divisions, that's what you'll mostly face (apart from the unlucky ones who got demoted down to a new starter Division).

Welcome to the slaughterhouse!

Screwie
02-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Hi and welcome, you're just in time to join us as we prepare for the next season.

Once groovychainsaw has assigned you to a division, you must apply in-game with your new team (more details in the first post of this thread).

But it doesn't end there! As we typically have a couple of drop-outs around this time, teams can sometimes be bumped up a division or two. So you might be required to apply to a different division at short notice.

So basically, welcome aboard and keep an eye on this thread for updates! If it all goes well the season could start as early as this weekend.

DarkFenix
02-11-2011, 12:51 PM
It seems Nuffle is in a good mood right now, usually we get all the new guys wanting in just after the season starts. This time round it's fortuitously just after a season has ended.

Plonked myself into division 3.

groovychainsaw
02-11-2011, 12:51 PM
@NTW - you may be lazing in the wrong division, you're in B, not C, thanks to Karandraz taking the fall for you ;-)

ntw
02-11-2011, 01:00 PM
@NTW - you may be lazing in the wrong division, you're in B, not C, thanks to Karandraz taking the fall for you ;-)

Nope, I was not lazing around in the wrong division. I was just being stupid. I *was* already in DivB, and lazing around...

Axler
02-11-2011, 01:16 PM
We all started with a new TV 1000 team, and in the low-tiered divisions, that's what you'll mostly face (apart from the unlucky ones who got demoted down to a new starter Division).

Welcome to the slaughterhouse!

Thanks I've applied with a new team "The Twisted Claw" to RPD DoD 6

Axler
02-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks I've applied with a new team "The Twisted Claw" to RPD DoD 6

Oops think I made a mistake I though league N6 meant I was in division 6 sorry. Just refuse my App.

Vexing Vision
02-11-2011, 01:24 PM
No worries - the beneviolent grand admin will soon assign you a Division of his cruel choice. Looks like there's a good chance of a new Div being opened for all the newcomers.

Alistair Hutton
02-11-2011, 01:37 PM
A rematch against Alistair should be entertaining.

Here's to another 80,000-to-1 4 turn touchdown. Hopefully without you kicking the crap out of me for the 12 preceding turns.

ntw
02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Bazooka assigned to Div6 (with the usual caveats*), we've 2 players waiting and 2 players due to confirm. It's looking good for setting up a new Div7...

*Caveats = Divs get filled from the top down to allow for dropouts, no shows, etc. Therefore you may get boosted to a higher Div depending what happens.

Arnisarus
02-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Guys i'm goint to need to drop out of this, i berely have time at the moment to actual read forums let alone play, i have it open pretty much all the time but only get fleeting glances at it. Work is probably goign to b this hectic until the middle of january, i've marked myself as Z on the ss is this right ?

Apologies for the inevitable reshuffle :P

Jolima
02-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Welcome back Axler!

And sorry to see you go Arni, hope you'll return soon.