PDA

View Full Version : [AAR] Tactical Tuesday 10/07/2012 - Why won't you die?

Nullkigan
10-07-2012, 10:30 PM
This session was too succesful!

Missions played:

Shilkas of Nur

Belenus
Internecine I - Director's Cut

Garbage Without Men

(Testing Session) Scapegoats

Once more we hit 59 people. So many of you died, yet in the end so many still lived.

Shilkas of Nur was an outdated version as I couldn't find the new one. Net result: Successful mission, insufficient casualties.At least we had enough humvees!

Belenus was also succesful despite it being a night attack, without NVGs, and using Lee Enfields and OG-7 antipersonnel warheads against Warrior IFVs!

Internecine I - Director's Cut - saw some people win and some people lose. Never before have I seen a massed charge and grenade lob. Never again do I hope to see so many people blow themselves up with said grenades. (Also: LOOK UP JOE)

Garbage Without Men - or how to steal crates from an enemy base without enemies. Not sure why it happened, I kept waiting for a horde of tanks and infantry to appear but they never did. I needed to update the mission to the new ORBAT anyway so hopefully it'll be back to the usual challenging glory next time we need it.

Then there were tanks. Or not because after the Hosts left you voted in scapegoats. Take that, armour missions!

Your stories to follow. Moderate fun was had, much glory bestowed, souls consumed, etc.

Borklund
10-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Shilkas of Nur
DC Medic. I healed all of one person during the whole thing, didn't see a single enemy man.

Belenus
DC, in charge of all of the support elements. Moving to the second rendezvous point alpha, charlie and the support elements got into contacts. Lots of contacts. Tens of infantry squads, several Warrior IFVs. Cue screaming, organised chaos. After a bit, commander dies and I get a field promotion to commander. I assemble the men (or what's left of them) in an open field. This brilliant move resulted in two Warrior IFVs and a couple of brit squads firing at us. After a little bit of getting wounded and dying, I get word that Alpha has managed to get into the Brit army base and secured a crateload of satchels. The survivors head to the barracks to get as many satchels as we can. At this point I ran into Strang (literally), wounding him.

We headed south, meeting no resistance, planted the satchels, boom goes the dynamite and mission ended a success. I truly was not expecting that result.

That last mission was incredibly stressful. Damn you Null! *shakes fist in anger*

Labbes
11-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Belenus: Let's just say I learned the hard way that if you are aiming at a tank it can still mean you make just another hit in the wall (Hey! Tanks! Leave AT alone!).

Internecine: I saw my FTL getting shot at a certain corner, seconds later JimTheDog wanted to go there too and I said "Jim, don't go-" but I was too late! Note to self: "JIM! BACK!" might be a better option. I later died without seeing an enemy the whole mission. Except for the one at the start, but he surely doesn't count.

Scapegoats: A slight improvement over v1, but I wish everyone had flashlights because it was still way, way too dark. I couldn't get to the hostages in time because I couldn't see the ladder. Actually talking with the hostages (instead of not hearing them) was cool earlier. Scored a kill, too, but was shot immediately afterwards, I guess that guy was the bait.
The armored SUVs seem to explode after 1 hit of a regular weapon, is that intended or a bug?

Precinct 13: After nearly all of Indiefor died in a glorious death charge (involving car crashes), I shot at a guy in the hallway, missed and went around the building. I shot at the guy in the hallway again and killed him. Too bad it was Zitron, one of my teammates, and my intended target was still alive in some corner where I couldn't see him and got me. Not a single police man died that day.

Comrade Commissar
11-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Version 2 of Scapegoats has been tested last week already and wasn't supposed to be played again.
Version 3 is already in the pipeline and features a full moon for better visibility at night and all that.

Feedback is still appreciated, though.

Joe_Robins
11-07-2012, 04:36 PM
I had a pretty crappy Tactical Tuesday due to some weird framerate issues that I seemed to have started since Six Updater tried to update to the most recent version of DayZ.. So I was on and off adjusting settings and being frustrated. On Scapegoats, as a gunner on a tactical we crashed and burst into flames. At which point I rage quit and uninstalled Arma2 from steam hoping that a reinstall would fix the crippling framerates. This appears to have worked! so hopefully I'll be around next week for some more.

Halop
11-07-2012, 05:42 PM
On Scapegoats, as a gunner on a tactical we crashed and burst into flames.

Sorry about that, I was driving. I was following the technical ahead of us and then I saw a rock infront, I turned left to avoid it but behind was the truck, I cut into its path, Egg in the truck didn't have enough time to brake and we colided, seconds later the technical burst into flames, just by lightly tapping the truck :D

Fistulator
11-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Shilkas of Nur - My FTL was JimtheDog. We drove around in our humvee and shot a lot of things from it. It was great because I didn't have to walk much. Then our dear humvee stopped being mobile and we had to walk. Our FTL was shot near some houses, sending me into a rather disappointing rage during which I killed 2 AIs (a new personal best for me). I set up CC just in time to hear the command to rendezvous and shoot in the sky, but sadly didn't make it in time.

Belenus - I was one of the brave ones with an Enfield. There was a lot of shooting into the dark and hoping I'll find something better, which I did, but shortly after died of either a friendly RPG (whoever did it, don't feel guilty, it was funny) or a Warrior attack. I was rather glad that I died, as I managed to watch Ebass running through a wall in a vehicle while everything exploded behind him, which looked really awesome.

Internecine - my team went the wrong way and we were shot quickly, but thankfully, it was still fun to watch. The intro music was touching and I like the purple.

Garbage Men - I didn't see any hostiles yet still managed to almost die twice. I was in Joe_Robins' fireteam and I managed to get myself grievously injured as soon as our truck stopped, probably slipping while exiting it. I was revived, but shortly after managed to slip off a moderately large rock and hurt myself again. After another revival, we got into the base, perplexed by the lack of enemies. I think my clumsiness transferred to our FTL and he fell off some ladders. And our AR got shot by an ally. It was a weird mission.

Scapegoats - I got disconnected and ended up in a burning technical when I reconnected. I loved the way everything went to hell during the deal, but sadly could not join in on the fun.

The other hostage mission - This was fun, as I was tasked with shooting the hostages in their legs if they tried to escape. Got shot down, but we still won.

All in all, this was a rather great Tactical Tuesday for me.

Joe_Robins
11-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Sorry about that, I was driving. I was following the technical ahead of us and then I saw a rock infront, I turned left to avoid it but behind was the truck, I cut into its path, Egg in the truck didn't have enough time to brake and we colided, seconds later the technical burst into flames, just by lightly tapping the truck :D

No worries, I was super frustrated about the shocking frames I was getting. Hope to have it all fixed up by next week. I think it was something to do with the latest beta... can't be too sure. After a reinstall I appear to be getting a normal framerate again so I'll be a little more methodical about updating in future. I was using Six Updater but I'm tempted not too.

Universal Hamster
11-07-2012, 08:57 PM
That was my first game in a long while, probably over a year, and I was sorry to have been away.

Belenus - Blind panic fire in the dark, corpse-looting for NVGs, got shot several times, but not lethally, and under orders from my squad leader fired an RPG at an enemy bunny rabbit, wounding a team-mate. I am unsure of the status of the rabbit. Yep, I still got the mad skills.

Internecine - Sprinting across a field with no cover, shouting "Glory!" as the target village lit up with enemy fire was without doubt one of the most fun bits of gaming I have had in a long time.
Shame about the purple though.

Sir Nutmangler
11-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Belenus- I actually survived all the way through this mission, which is the first time evar. I was the last surviving member of Charlie squad and I blew some oil tanks up. GO ME. I was with someone from another squad for a while and I watched him get shot down in front of me by some brit that just randomly ran up to him. Sorry I couldn't help you in time brother.

Internecine - I led a charge from the east side of the village inadvertantly. We made it to the walls actually and I killed someone. Also, purple.

Garbagemen - I downed someone by smacking them with a crate. Hilarious.

Scapegoats - I got the be blufor this time which was sweet. I was the first to open fire on the deal which at that point had already gone sour. I shot two guys and blew up a SUV that was trying to drive away by just shooting it alot. Then someone shot me because the flames were casting some intense lighting that I didn't notice cause of my nvg's. Pretty fun mission if you're blufor though.

Forgot what this next one was called but it spawned us in a crashed helo randomly placed in Chenarus and we had to get rescued by a rescue chopper that was looking for us. The first time we were found in the first couple of minutes so I shot the chopper down with my stinger and then we all shot eachother. YAY. The second time was a lot more fun. First resistance we met was a Mi-8. I shot it with my stinger and as it was about to hit the ground it fired two missiles which killed me and Kronic. It was a pretty amazing shot to be honest. Then I got to listen to the rest of em try to translate and pronounce russian words.

Then we did crazy race, which was freaking awesome even though I sucked, HARD. Everyone kept taking the humvees before I could run over to em so I had to wait at spawn for like 5 minutes. Then I kept sending the white sedans off the edge. I'm a good helo pliot so that wasn't hard. Then deathmatch on the island. That was a damn fine way to end the night.

Arma II - Scott
Mumble - CaptainWhappin

Joseph-Sulphur
12-07-2012, 09:31 AM
That was my first game in a long while, probably over a year, and I was sorry to have been away.

Belenus - Blind panic fire in the dark, corpse-looting for NVGs, got shot several times, but not lethally, and under orders from my squad leader fired an RPG at an enemy bunny rabbit, wounding a team-mate. I am unsure of the status of the rabbit. Yep, I still got the mad skills.

Internecine - Sprinting across a field with no cover, shouting "Glory!" as the target village lit up with enemy fire was without doubt one of the most fun bits of gaming I have had in a long time.
Shame about the purple though.

Welcome back! If you don't want to deal with the filter just turn post-processing effects off in your graphics options.

Joe_Robins
12-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Welcome back! If you don't want to deal with the filter just turn post-processing effects off in your graphics options.

Was that a post processing effect? I was pretty sure I had mine disabled already... I was under the impression that it was some fancy manipulation of the lighting system.

Universal Hamster
12-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Ah cool, I'll have to have a look at that next time!

Black Mamba
12-07-2012, 01:06 PM
What, you guys don't like pink?
Anyway, sorry about that mod incident during the first mission. Seems like sometimes six updater has difficulties updating the modlist when you're messing with mods it doesn't handle automatically.

Adynod
12-07-2012, 01:07 PM
I believe I was the one who blew up everyone with the RPG in Belenus. I swear I had a clear shot and I thought as anti tank I should have a pop at the one that had just rolled into our little ant nest. So upon firing I'm instantly transported to the spectator script and surveying a brightly lit scene of bodies rolling around and people running around trying to heal up whoever they can.

I honestly have no idea what I hit, as I said it was a clear shot, but it was very dark and apparently bushes can be lethal. Apologies fellow insurgents! At the end I only had -1 though and I don't think I shot any enemies to up my score so maybe the tank fired at the same time to take that many of us out? :S

I'm glad everyone in Valhalla saw the funny side because I was mortified!

Universal Hamster
12-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Must have been a separate incident. I was aiming for a rabbit right at the end of the session, and fortunately only wounded someone!

Issus
12-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Bit of a frustrating one for me. Didn't realise my mic had failed until most of the way through Shilkas (I'd had my legs shot out and people kept asking me why I wasn't walking), and for some reason my key binding for text chat wasn't working. Then all the sound cut out.

Cue about an hour of desperate disconnection/reconnection before slotting the next mission, the occasional bout of smacking my headset against the desk (head still attached), and just generally getting in everyone's way because they couldn't hear me/I couldn't hear them. Managed to get everything back up for Garbagemen, but... yeah. Hopefully should have it fixed in time for the next session.

IceRaiser
22-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Late, but wth.

Belenus
HAT Gunner: StrangLove
AssHAT: IceRaiser
We moved into town, deployed on a building and got shot.
I bled out as Unaco(?) was reviving me. Alas, lack of blood - my only weakness!
Alt-tabbed out a quickie and when I came back.. I could see Strang carrying my corpse around screaming for others
to help him. I think I heard him sobbing a bit and rambling something about "Fer didn't abandon Tigershark"... :,(
Shortly after Strang had to leave me behind and lost it, he ran around singing "Loooving yoouu, is eaaaasyy" followed by some sobbing.
In the last compound I overheard Strang cursing the Gods and he shot a M136 at them. <3

Internecine I - Director's Cut.
Opfor
FTL: Nullkigan
Sold'ya: Strang, Ice, ???

We charged up towards the compounds, 'nades everywhere. Lots of death.