PDA

View Full Version : I've got 30 quid burning a hole in my pocket ...

vandinz
03-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Do I take the plunge and buy Brink or Hunted?

I've just finished Fable 3 and The Witcher 2 and there's nothing apart from those mentioned that whet my appetite. So what do I do?

imirk
03-06-2011, 05:38 PM
blow and hookers, although 30 quid mightn't get you far with either of those, so Avadon!

Heliocentric
03-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Are you the same one who has a pc on fire?

Surely there is something else exciting, its impossible to suggest without knowing what you like but I suggest you go to gamerankings look at all time best, filter by pc and read down.

vandinz
03-06-2011, 05:43 PM
I like everything. RPG, RTS, Racers, FPS ... you name it I'll play it. Love games with story and sprawling scenery, which is why I loved the Witcher 2. Apart from that I'm easy.

Imirk, I'm in Manchester so 30 smackers would get me quite a lot I'd reckon. Take That are playing here tonight, could put it towards that. Hahah! As if. They're shit.

Stardog
03-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Livejasmin.

Why not check GOG for some classics?

dyst
03-06-2011, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't get Hunted if I were you. I've been playing it and it's not very enjoyable at all.

Brink, on the other hand. I haven't played it but it's £18 on Amazon right now, and it activates on Steam. With the extra £12 you could get Shogun 2, Fallout New Vegas. Quite a lot really.

mR.Waffles
03-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Brink was atrocious at launch, but now they finally patched it to the point of being playable. Unfortunately, everyone split and the game seems kind of dead on arrival, which is a shame as it has some incredibly fun elements. There's a huge imbalance in weapons and map design that throws the good design choices under the bus. Still, it may be worth picking up.

pökkö
03-06-2011, 09:12 PM
I'll give my vote for Brink. I've seen it raises very varying opinions for and against. But I'd say that you will like it if you enjoyed any of the Enemy Territories. Brink is basically Quake Wars with more compact maps and teams, and of course awesome movement options. I was waiting for a good multiplayer shooter after playing a lot of singe player games and been enjoying what I got with Brink. Technical issues have not bothered me, but I guess there still are people with lag issues and disappearing sounds bugs. So if you are willing to take a little leap of faith and get your expectations right, you will get a solid and fun multiplayer fps.

Simon
03-06-2011, 09:28 PM
dnf next week

ran93r
03-06-2011, 09:38 PM
DNF might leave you feeling kinda empty if the demo is anything to go by.
I would throw my vote into the hat for Brink, it's not perfect but SD have nothing else on the cards that I am aware of and they are known for decent support and a great die-hard community. The game isn't bad either :)

Simon
03-06-2011, 09:47 PM
DNF might leave you feeling kinda empty if the demo is anything to go by.
I would throw my vote into the hat for Brink, it's not perfect but SD have nothing else on the cards that I am aware of and they are known for decent support and a great die-hard community. The game isn't bad either :)

Sod off, DNF is the shaping up to the best fps game on steam

vandinz
03-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Cheers all, I think I'll go for Brink and as mentioned I'll go for Shogun 2 with the change. I LOVE PCs!