PDA

View Full Version : [AAR] Tactical Tuesday 17/7/2012 - Coasting

harakka
17-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Tonight saw us peak at 50 brave fighters for a variety of causes: the destruction of armored things, filling other things with fuel, destroying other things and yet more destroying of things. Huh, I guess it wasn't that varied after all... Well, never mind that! Lots of people died and a C-130 was saved and that is what really matters in the end.

The missions were:

Highway, a Folk classic expanded for a larger playercount. Convoy was successfully stopped and then whittled down.
Big Air had us grab a bunch of fuel trucks and then watch everyone die. The plane made it out in the end, sans all the people.
From The Sea was a new one by Bodge. Somewhere in foggy Chernarus another convoy was blown up despite missing markers.
And for post-session test, Red Snow had us spetsnaz'ing all around the place, sneaking about, blowing things up. And occasionally being reborn as a parachutist. It's a strange world.

Sir Nutmangler
18-07-2012, 01:55 AM
I really hope someone has some footage of the airfield after it all went to hell. That mission was immense fun.

Wolfenswan
18-07-2012, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l48IhFbqPnE

Halop
18-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Big Air was probably the most amount of fun I had in ARPS.
I was assistant engineer under Zitron, following Alpha around in the beginning. Then Alpha got all brutally murdered and I ran away like a little girl.

I met up with commander Draakon at the airfield and then us engineers drove off to take the fuel trucks from Bravo. Somewhere along the line Draakon was killed and I had no idea who took command after that, it descended into chaos. We parked the fuel trucks and then someone got in the C130 which triggered the evil paradrop. We were defending the base, shooting down the paratroopers with MG's, later bravo comrades came.

The rest of the stuff you can see on Wolfenswan's video.
What the video doesn't show is the end. We refueled the other C130 and I got in as passenger. Scott the pilot got shot and killed, and I took the pilot seat. After waiting for 5 minutes for everyone to get patched up and get in I started to roll on the runway. But my Arma game decided it would be a good time to freeze and so the C130 just rolled slowly down the runway.

Wolfenswan, what is that mod you have in the video that shows who has disembarked the vehicle? Looks very useful.

mike's m4k_hud_info (http://ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic=2631.0)
Thanks for the link!

Wolfenswan
18-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Wolfenswan, what is that mod you have in the video that shows who has disembarked the vehicle? Looks very useful.

mike's m4k_hud_info (http://ciahome.net/forum/index.php?topic=2631.0)

mike
18-07-2012, 02:54 PM
^^ It's very handy indeed :P

Anyhow the last 10 minutes of Big Air were fantastically chaotic, loved every bit of it :)

Wolfenswan
18-07-2012, 04:03 PM
That reminds me, could you PM me a link to your ST-Hud Alternative?

Joe_Robins
18-07-2012, 04:19 PM
I was unfortunately unable to attend this week due to a Canadian being asleep on my couch....
hopefully next week!

harakka
18-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Here's my version of the last moments in Big Air, roughly from when Charlie squad starts the return trip to the airstrip with a fuel truck in tow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFd5fXYmX4w&feature=youtu.be

Halop
19-07-2012, 01:20 AM
Lol what the hell happened to that C-130 after taking off in the video? Had no idea I actually took off :D. For me the game froze right at the half-point of the runway and I only saw the debrief with the plane on the ground.

Tink
19-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Big Air was epic, It is amazing how quickly everything went to hell.

Despite Bravo losing its CO (Bodge) things weren't going too badly. We had captured two fuel trucks and were making our way to the third when the Commander went down, whoever took command gave the order to head back as soon as possible. On the way back (as you can see in Wolfenswans video) we got ambushed, what you don't see in the video was me in the fuel truck that was following the Ural peel off to the right. I don't quite know how my fuel truck didn't explode into a glorious fireball but I managed to make it back to the airfield where Unaco was able to patch me up. Whilst Unaco was patching me up I saw the C130 rolling past us and crashing into the hangar with a dead pilot behind the controls. At this point I felt our chances of escape were somewhat slim.

Once I was back on my feet we met up with the remainders of Bravo which had been at almost full strength when we started back to the Airfield but now consisted of only 4 men. We checked the Antonovs but it was clear they were in no condition to fly and there were no engineers to repair them. A bullet ridden fuel tank wasn't enough to deter Wolf, and we watched as the foor fool lef tthe ground for about 10 seconds before returning to earth with a bang. I'd like to think that the resulting explosion distracted the enemy long enough for Myself, Unaco and Dogface to make it to the waiting Mi-8 at the end of the run way and safety.