PDA

View Full Version : Solium Infernium - Bastards Incorporated

Heliocentric
22-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Open up your Idle and remove one of their lungs by talented talon, seal the wound and let them mix among your people, the next day collect the ignorant and remove one eye.

Do this without explanation or mercy and despite any promises or bribes.

Repeat this pattern for the a hand of the faithful(to anything but you) and pious, a leg of those whose have haste but no explanation the tongues of sycophants and the horns and fangs of the prudent. Preserve all these things in icor.

Chose one each day until your kingdom whispers of dissent.

Then make a proclamation that "all parts will be returned if you are brought the heads of all traitors in one fortnight ". Negotiate prices with surgeons of every calibre, burning heads as they arrive.

Then on the appointed date gathering all the jars of parts and pile them in the town quadrangle, make a last call for heads. The look to a seer who shall remain silent to seal the effect (nb. if you are know to be skilled in scrying this deception is not nesscersry)

Then torch all the jars which would be packed with tinder, announcing "blame lies with the traitors".

Do not stop those who would throw themselves into the fire the to save the parts.
----
Who fancies a new dropbox enabled game of solium infernum?

Heads collected:
Heliocentric: Mayoress Mare
Sarigs: Gar'mesh
squirrelfanatic: Prof Franz von Evil
Jarvis: Nililio
Dark weeble: Weebs
Tikey: Marauder Shields
El Cubo (Reserve)
Dentharial (Reserve)

Field of battle:
Map Size: 12 / 14 / 16
Map Type: Great Rivers / Acheron's Locks / Dante's Peak / The Lake of Fire / Infernal Divide / Random
Place of Power: None / Rare/ Uncommon / Common
Game Length: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25
Infernal Census : Yes / No
Rectification Content : Yes / No
Kittens: Yes / No
Game underway.

Dentharial
22-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Me!

Judging from my one and only game thus far, I'm terrible​ at it, but that didn't stop me having a blast at trying to plot.

Sarigs
22-07-2012, 12:27 PM
I'd be up for another game, try out a few devil build and thing :-)

Squiz
22-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Hm, we've still got our other game running. I hope this doesn't detract from the attention for that.

Sarigs
22-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Hm, we've still got our other game running. I hope this doesn't detract from the attention for that.

Wouldn't have thought so, doesn't take me more then 5 odd minutes to sort my turns :-)

Jarvis
22-07-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm up for another game.

Heliocentric
22-07-2012, 04:38 PM

If I felt like I was at capacity I wouldn't have suggested starting another, but if your time is limited you could just stick to one game I guess :)

Squiz
22-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah yeah, I'm an old worrying geezer. Fine, I am in as well.

Heliocentric
22-07-2012, 11:09 PM
We are short 1 of a full set, can you all PM me your drop box usernames?

Squiz
23-07-2012, 06:15 AM
DarkWeeble wanted to join the next game, I'll PM him.

El Cubo
23-07-2012, 08:05 AM
If DarkWeeble doesn't show up, I'd like to join the game.

darkweeble
23-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks to Squirrel for the PM about the new game! I'd love to be in with the one warning that I will be traveling from the 1st through the 10th of next month. I'll have wifi at night but my turns might be a tad intermittent during that period. If anyone has any problem with that I have no problem giving El Cubo my spot and waiting for the next time.

Seriously, don't feel bad about saying no.

Jarvis
23-07-2012, 05:30 PM
You need to empty out your inbox a bit Helio.

Heliocentric
23-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Oh, crap sorry.

Heliocentric
23-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Bastard Inc. Is open for messages again.

darkweeble
23-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Sent my dropbox info. Let me know if you want me out.

Heliocentric
23-07-2012, 11:12 PM
What? Hell, All are welcome but I only have Sarigs, squirrelfanatic and Jarvis in my inbox.

Tikey
24-07-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm up for a game. Complete n00b though

Heliocentric
24-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Okay, I see no reason to not get rolling except Dentharial getting cut from the listings.

I must excuse Tikey's apparent late entry as he was talking with me upon the games inception as its thanks to him I have the game.

edit: any desires for out setup? I listed options at the top.

I want Rectification as it really seems to fill out the options.

Tikey
24-07-2012, 12:32 AM
I have no idea about the game settings but I prefer shorter games with fewer resources in general. Keeps the action tight.

Heliocentric
24-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Settings are provisional, El Cubo listed as a reserve incase of inactivity.

Squiz
24-07-2012, 09:08 AM
So a short game this time? I think if we go with 10 tokens, we should take a smaller map size, as to force people into fights. Alternatively, more tokens (15?) and a bigger map. I like the random map setting, as it will prevent meta-gaming with the avatar creation.

So my opinion:

Either a short game:
Map Type: Great Rivers / Acheron's Locks / Dante's Peak / The Lake of Fire / Infernal Divide / Random
Place of Power: None / Rare / Uncommon / Common
Rectification Content : Yes / No,

or a medium length game:
Place of Power: None / Rare / Uncommon / Common
Rectification Content : Yes / No.

I'll create my avatar tonight and submit it once I've got all the horns and orifices sorted out.

Edit: Changed my vote for Infernal Census for the shorter game.

Sarigs
24-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Hmm trying a smaller shorter map could be fun!

I'd vote for:

Map: 12
Type: Random
PoP: Rare (Again to encourage scraps)
Game Length: 15
Infernal Census: Yes
Rectification: Yes

Heliocentric
24-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Looking at the votes I'm generating and uploading the following

Place of Power: None / Rare/ Uncommon / Common
Rectification Content : Yes / No
Kittens: Yes / No

Note, the map randomisation will be resolved by coin toss And I made my Avatar already so I wont be able to benefit from my foreknowledge. Expect a dense game with lots of conflict and messy borders. Kittens waste too many order slots with chezeburgr meme pictures and drag the game down. I'm opting for infernal census despite knowing little about its implementation but really I can see this stop the game grinding to a halt when people 0 out of prestige.

Squiz
24-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Kittens waste too many order slots with chezeburgr meme pictures and drag the game down. I'm opting for infernal census despite knowing little about its implementation but really I can see this stop the game grinding to a halt when people 0 out of prestige.No worries, over here at Castle Evil we fill the spare kittens with chezeburgrz and put them away for rainy days. I also have no idea about how infernal census can affect a short game on a small map, but I guess the best way to find out is to give it a try.

Tikey
24-07-2012, 03:36 PM
lets start with n00b question nš1.
What does infernal census do?

Heliocentric
24-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Its free prestige all round based on the amount of land you own.

I'll give you a crash course on steam.

jarvis and Squirrel haven't accepted the drop box yet so we might need to scrap this save but I am just uploading now.

edit: uploaded, you'll eed to put the files in
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\SoliumInfernumGame\MultiPlayerSaves\Bas tardsIncorporatedPLC
if you are in windows 7

Squiz
24-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Later when we're uploading our turns, it is also important to choose the correct file for the upload. You'll want to upload the ".trn"-file, not the savefile. I learned the hard way. ;) It's also really helpful to check the message you get when you're done with your turn and click the "end turn" button. It tells you when you have forgotten something, like responding to a message or paying upkeep costs (some legions require that).

Heliocentric
24-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes, also, dont chose the horse head guy, thats my icon ^_^
http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/images/news2001/27209/inferno.jpg
Mayoress Mare

darkweeble
24-07-2012, 03:51 PM
My pustules are dripping with anticipation! I'll get myself in tonight.

Tikey
24-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Yes, also, dont chose the horse head guy, thats my icon ^_^
http://www.gamasutra.com/db_area/images/news2001/27209/inferno.jpg
Mayoress Mare

The infamous Headfull Horse-Man!

darkweeble
24-07-2012, 04:04 PM
I'd also like to make a small request to use the in-game messaging system for any plans between hellspawn. In my opinion, the one turn delay adds a lot to the experience.

Heliocentric
24-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Hiccup with the files, sorted now.

The infamous Headfull Horse-Man!
Its a lady.

I'd also like to make a small request to use the in-game messaging system for any plans between hellspawn. In my opinion, the one turn delay adds a lot to the experience.
I am willing to try, but I feel that the way the conspiracy can sweep into your wider life can be key.

And you know that once someone rolls into Panadeomium that all bets will be off in terms of conduct.

Tikey
24-07-2012, 04:07 PM
His wife then

Heliocentric
24-07-2012, 04:09 PM
His wife then

They are separated.

Squiz
24-07-2012, 04:15 PM

Heliocentric
24-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Okay... I finally sorted out the files, not sure what was going on, I had jarvis' email wrong on drop box

Jarvis
24-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I've accepted and returned the pre-turn file.

Tikey
24-07-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm at work so I can't do a thing

Sarigs
24-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Fiend uploaded!

Heliocentric
24-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Try to copy files away rather than moving them, it'll help me keep backups in case of catastrophic failures.

Tikey
24-07-2012, 10:25 PM
So, I'm at home. I've put the files in the folder helio said and nothing happens.

Squiz
24-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Fiend uploaded.

Heliocentric
24-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Fiend uploaded.

I think something went wrong with your file, it said it was "from the wrong game" care to try again?

pro tip

Dont put the .sav in your new games folder, just the invite

Squiz
25-07-2012, 06:27 AM
Dont put the .sav in your new games folder, just the inviteI know. Re-uploaded my file. Sorry for that.

Edit: I think I know what caused the problem with the file. I had a "BastInc" game folder under "saves" after I toyed around with a first avatar build. I then re-downloaded the invitation-file (it gets deleted when you create your first turn-file) to submit my final build, which created a "BastInc-copy" folder. Therefore I guess that my turn-file was marked as part of a "BastInc-copy game" which resulted in the error you saw, Helio.

I have now deleted both folders, re-downloaded the invite and resubmitted my turn-file. Please let me know if everything's alright now. Sorry chaps.

Heliocentric
25-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Turns are in drop box for your delectation.

Its a small world.

We have Twins again.

Edit:Who is everyone? I need to fist bump with Marauder shields.

Edit 2: Why do Weeb and Gar'mesh get their own private islands?

Squiz
25-07-2012, 10:33 AM
I am Prof. Franz von Evil. And in the game.

Tikey
25-07-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm Marauder Shields

*fist bump*

Sarigs
25-07-2012, 02:00 PM
I be Gar'mesh! Phear my roar! Unfortunately I've been stuck at work since the beginning of the turns were uploaded so I've not been able to check out the map! Or MY island!

darkweeble
25-07-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm at work but I'll be sure to do something evil as soon as I get home!

Squiz
25-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Hello neighbours, let's cuddle and be friends!

Heliocentric
25-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Hello neighbours, let's cuddle and be friends!
First against the wall.

Heliocentric
26-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Tikey sucks at uploading turns.

Tikey
26-07-2012, 01:52 AM
Probably has something to do with having never done it before.
Lousy teacher.

Heliocentric
26-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Probably has something to do with having never done it before.
Lousy teacher.

First against the wall, squirrelfanatic you are relegated to second.

Squiz
26-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Great start, being outbid for a legion. Should have chosen one of the other suckers.

Heliocentric
26-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Dear Bastards Inc Employees

Can you keep it quiet I am trying to sleep. Marauder Shields is already Marauding, so I guess that's a good thing but really everyone else is moving about far too much
Mayoress Mare

baboonanza
27-07-2012, 09:42 AM
If there's a drop out I'm game. All of the other game I'm in seem to have died.

Heliocentric
27-07-2012, 09:49 AM
That's why I chose the small map. I wouldn't like to be a choke point for multiple games but now I have some experience hosting should I host another?

On topic: Some bastard bought the extra turn, so which of you has 4 charisma and is taking tribute roll steroids?

Squiz
27-07-2012, 09:54 AM
All of the other game I'm in seem to have died.Makes you wonder, eh? ;)

Sarigs
27-07-2012, 09:58 AM
wOOt this build seems to be strong early game, I fear I'll drop off late game though so good job it's a short game/small map :-)

Tikey
27-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Guys, I'm not going home until very late, so I'm not going to be able to make my turn today. Sorry. I'll do it as soon as I get home.

Heliocentric
27-07-2012, 03:41 PM
First against the- *checks list*

Oh right, carry on.

Heliocentric
28-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Erm, we missed a day and we are still 2 turn turns short (Tikey and Sargis), any words on this?

Sarigs
28-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Erm, we missed a day and we are still 2 turn turns short (Tikey and Sargis), any words on this?

Sorry my Ex went in for a operation so I'm watching the kids round my parents, should be able to nip home this evening once the kids are down and I'll get my turn in, then I can go back to daily, really sorry about the delay lads!

Heliocentric
28-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Sorry my Ex went in for a operation so I'm watching the kids round my parents, should be able to nip home this evening once the kids are down and I'll get my turn in, then I can go back to daily, really sorry about the delay lads!

I assume you'll whip yourself as penance. When children take up my time I mostly send them down the mines.

Sarigs
28-07-2012, 04:51 PM
I assume you'll whip yourself as penance. When children take up my time I mostly send them down the mines.

Indeed down the mines or up the chimneys with them all. I managed to nip home to feed the pets and I managed to submit my turn so sll id well!

darkweeble
28-07-2012, 11:11 PM
TIKEY! Poop or get off the pot.

Squiz
28-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Relax guys, the delay is just one day. We've got a good pace at the moment.

Tikey
29-07-2012, 01:52 AM
sorrysorrysorry.
I've uploaded my turn. Friday and saturdays are busy days.

darkweeble
29-07-2012, 04:49 AM
Just making sure you're still alive. I realize that may have come off as harsh but I totally did not mean it that way. Have an infernal day!

Tikey
29-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Don't worry, we're all friendly fiends here.

Heliocentric
30-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Tikey's Legions evil ballet performance with Squirrelfanatic's Legion is ongoing. But clearly the tortoise and the hare aspect is lending itself to some strategic dodging.

Turn is up as of early this morning.

Tikey
30-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Yes, not my brightest hour I guess.

Squiz
31-07-2012, 10:12 AM
*Boom* goes the legion. What a shame.

Heliocentric
31-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Putting the mad back in mutually assured destruction.

Edit:

Dear Mr. D. Weeb
I have discovered that you are a keeper of good moral standards and provide health care professionals to care for your weak and infirm.
How do you sleep at night?
Your (in your dreams pissant) unfaithfully Mayoress Mare.

darkweeble
31-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Dear Mayoress Mare,

The ineptitude of your spy network warms my hemolymph! The only moral standard I adhere to is that might is right. As for the weak and infirm, it is true that I am harboring a few. They are recent immigrants from your lands and claim their pallor and ill health comes from the conditions in your tiny paddock. Apparently you smell like a horse's ass. I'm just going by what they told me. Normally I would simply feed these individuals to my pets, but I found that I get much more pleasure out of making them toil against their former mistress.

Please enjoy the fleas I have included with this letter,
Weebs

Heliocentric
31-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Dear Refugee Harbourer
Thank you for the gnats, they were ripe with red nectar and delicious. I am curious how shepherding such weakness could possibly be useful, but bereft of majesty as you are every last follower must be precious to you.
Your registered official - Mayoress Mare.

Heliocentric
01-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Welp.

Shops closed meaning last turns bids have been refunded, Shields and Von Evil have no units, insults/demands banded about.

Interesting times.

Tikey
01-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Hi guys.
Things are getting interesting.
Now I know I've been getting home late lately. And given the time zones I'm always late for you. And Uni is starting again next week, so it's two days a week that I'll be coming VERY late. I might try to take my turn when I wake up but it'll be complicated when there is too much stuff to contemplate (like today).
If it's too much trouble for you guys I could leave the game.

Heliocentric
01-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Making time for a morning turn would be very much appreciated but just do what's plausible. We all have lives that's why PBEM is so fundamental.

Jarvis
01-08-2012, 07:19 PM
The early game is always quickest and people have solid objectives to start with being concerned with the inital land and item grab. (particularly order slot items damnit). With most terrain gone and the initial clash's happening the game should slow abit anyway as people plot more.

darkweeble
01-08-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm traveling and without Internet for another day. Should be able to get a turn in tomorrow night. Sorry!

Heliocentric
01-08-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm traveling and without Internet for another day. Should be able to get a turn in tomorrow night. Sorry!

Understood, I guess I'll just need to plot harder in the mean time.

darkweeble
02-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Took me an entire day to realize I could tether my phone and use that for internet. Turn is uploaded and I am screwed. Closing the Bazaar was a TERRIBLE idea.

EDIT: Driving again most of the day. Next turn won't be in until late tonight.

Heliocentric
02-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Closing the Bazaar was a TERRIBLE idea.
It was you? You have no legions WTH were you thinking?

Squiz
02-08-2012, 04:17 PM
It was you? You have no legions WTH were you thinking?First rule about handling events that screw with everyone's plans: Don't tell anyone it was you who played the event.

Jarvis
02-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Took me an entire day to realize I could tether my phone and use that for internet. Turn is uploaded and I am screwed. Closing the Bazaar was a TERRIBLE idea.

EDIT: Driving again most of the day. Next turn won't be in until late tonight.

Wait what? I thought that was squirrel (Prof Franz von Evil) wanting to fight Tikey (Marauder Shields) via unchallenged Preator.

It was you? You have no legions WTH were you thinking?

And huh? Weebs has legions, two of them - he's too much of a quivering pustular demon's sore to use them but still he has them.

Heliocentric
02-08-2012, 07:03 PM
No matter who played it the ramifications will be long felt. The diplomatic dog pile has only just begun.

Shields and Von Evil should thank not-god it was 3 turns (the minimum) not 6 (the maximum).

Heliocentric
04-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Dear Debtor 'Prof Evil'
We have just received your letter of refusal in regards to our suggested repayments scheme, it saddens me to observe we must now escalate without complete payment.
I have additional information, "Nililio-n Buck Loans PLC" contacted me in regards to a search previous of financial history and informed us they intend to collect what is owed them too,these are undoubtedly stressful times but the last thing you needs to do is spend money in the recently opened bazaar. Financial advisors will be along shortly.
My suggestion to allow you to maintain control over your territory is as follows, you complete you repayments before you recieve this letter... No? Too late. The deepcrows will feast on your viscera.

Yours regretfully
The Mayoress Mare, Financial Director at Horse Holdings LTD

OOC: Who is throwing about acts of wrath?

Edit: BTW when I thought weebs had shut the shop (still not sure) I was thinking about von evils strategic situation and got mixed up.

darkweeble
04-08-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm still traveling so turns are a bit slow/not possible once in a while. Thank you for your patience.

darkweeble
04-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Dear Mayoress Mare,

I am writing to you on behalf of the displaced workers we spoke of earlier. You may recall them as the ones fleeing the stench that wafts from your prodigious backside. They are seeking reparations for damage done to their various olfactory organs and have come to me as an impartial arbitrator in the matter. Please see the attached list of demands and render your reply at your earliest convenience. Please be aware that they are very angry. As an impartial arbitrator, I advise you to just give them what they want.

Sincerely,
Weebs

Heliocentric
05-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Dear Debtor 'Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms Evil' (delete as appropiate)

I recently a memorandum from the University of Evil-Diablic (Un-ED hereafter) and they have reported to me you were stripped of the "honorary and ironic title Professor" when you stopped cleaning the campus demon-toilets part time during the weekend. So while I will cease refering to you as professor no disrespect is intended.
Our property agents are currently canvassing for items of worth to repay the amount owned on your property, but currently all we have found is footprints in sand. If you could direct us to where you keep the body of your belongings we can both handle this much quicker.
The actually entitled to use her title,
Mayoress Mare

Heliocentric
05-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Dear Weebs of Cuddle Island

It seems you have been mislead by your immigrants, they were not workers, they were walking batteries to be drained of life to fuel more worthy beings. Their natural role is to travel to foreign lands and drain life, even from the very soil until they grow rosy in the cheek and plump of belly. Once they reach this state they will emigrate back to their rightful master, I send you this communication as they they will have already begun leaving following their natural homing instinct.

You may ask, why would I announce this, truth is the instances of this tool you have collected are far along in their life-cycles and are dramatically reduced in efficiency and have been replaced by younger versions.

I will look over the papers regarding your associated cost regardless and decide if they are reasonable for the effort invested by yourself and your peons.
Namer of your property,
Mayoress Mare

Tikey
05-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Dear prof. Evil
Hope your praetor likes the abyss.
Forever yours.
Marauder Shields

Sarigs
06-08-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm away from Wednesday till the weekend I'm afraid for a family wedding

Sorry for the predicted delay lads

Heliocentric
06-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Turn up! I am a lord of war! BOOOOYA
-Mayoress Mare

Heliocentric
09-08-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm away from Wednesday till the weekend I'm afraid for a family wedding

Sorry for the predicted delay lads

Yep, turn is up but I guess that's our lot until sargis returns. Scheme hard in the mean time.

Tikey
09-08-2012, 04:23 AM
Damn you Helio, you deceiving bastard.

Heliocentric
09-08-2012, 04:46 AM
Damn you Helio, you deceiving bastard.

Wait... What? IIDGI

Edit: Is this about the unholy crusade? Where I said I wasn't sure if I was sending anyone? But then in the 2nd and final turn I noticed people were missing from the map. And you'd already submitted your turn (also offline) so I sent one of my trash units. That was not intended as a trick,many apologies.

That said, I'm sure you could find a use for those legion.

Tikey
09-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Oooh, I didn't realize it showed people went missing before the end of the event.
Well, live and learn.

Heliocentric
09-08-2012, 04:25 PM
IIRC Weebs legion was gone by the first call, and people had been buying legions. You can hope god kills us all, or just choose this moment of weakness to launch demands. But be careful ^_^
VOTE MAYORESS MARE FOR 2012,
IT'S THE ULTIMATE YEAR*,
CHOOSE THE ULTIMATE CANDIDATE!

*Unless we can debug this Aztec clock roll over

Jarvis
09-08-2012, 05:19 PM
To further clarify, the event only shows when a legion gets killed and doesn't say who's legion get's killed.

Heliocentric looked at the board to see that some legions that were there physically disappeared without vendetta etc which means they could only have gone on the crusade and made the assumption (correctly in my case) that the legions bought when the the crusade was announced were being sent off as well.

Heliocentric
09-08-2012, 05:27 PM
He could have have retired the unit (like a boss) too.
Or used strategic deception, but it's a bit early for that.
ONLY MAYORESS MARE IS THE ONLY CANDIDATE THAT SUPPORTS TAX EVASION LOOP HOLES THAT YOU DEPEND ON

Tikey
09-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Heliocentric looked at the board to see that some legions that were there physically disappeared without vendetta etc which means they could only have gone on the crusade and made the assumption (correctly in my case) that the legions bought when the the crusade was announced were being sent off as well.

Yes, I see. I incorrectly assumed that the units stayed on the board until the last call and of course it never occurred to me that people were buying legions for that. I guess I have to think things more thoroughly

Heliocentric
09-08-2012, 06:01 PM
If ever have questions about mechanical aspects ask and you'll get honest answers. Ask about our intentions and we may lie through our teeth mind you.
I'm Mayoress Mare, the only candidate who has annexed the headquarters of another candidate, can you afford to be first against the wall?

Sarigs
10-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Hey guys, just a heads up I should be back home in the evening tomorrow just a FYI. I ended up sitting out the crusade missed a bid abd wasn't gonna risk my main legion!

Heliocentric
10-08-2012, 11:40 AM
. I ended up sitting out the crusade missed a bid abd wasn't gonna risk my main legion!
You may be mistaken. I only think 2 people skipped the event as there is a public announcement of non participants. Anywho, my memory might be wrong.

Tikey
10-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes, as far as I remember Squirrel and me were the only ones who didn't send anyone.

darkweeble
10-08-2012, 03:23 PM
I'll be back home this evening and I can take a proper look at the hellscape and see what's going on. I've been winging my turns in about five minutes of time for the past week. I can finally give your collective destruction the care and attention that it deserves.

Jarvis
10-08-2012, 04:55 PM
I'll be back home this evening and I can take a proper look at the hellscape and see what's going on. I've been winging my turns in about five minutes of time for the past week. I can finally give your collective destruction the care and attention that it deserves.

This would imply that your instinctive reaction is to simply fulfill my demands out of sheer terror :-).

Yep, checked the game now and only Tikey and Squirrel have been censured.

Heliocentric
11-08-2012, 01:00 AM
wasn't gonna risk my main legion!Well, you done screwed up, you have no legions on the map.... You sent your main legion.

^_^

On the bright side if it comes back its going to be a badass.

Squiz
11-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Well, you done screwed up, you have no legions on the map.... You sent your main legion.

^_^

On the bright side if it comes back its going to be a badass.Great Unholy Crusade doesn't improve Legions in any way.

Sarigs
11-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Well, you done screwed up, you have no legions on the map.... You sent your main legion.

^_^

On the bright side if it comes back its going to be a badass.

Dang, may I can't recall if it was deliberate or not. I was toying with a plan that involved sending them but decided against it in the end must have submitted the wrong one! Ack well they're plucky lads maybe they'll make it

Jarvis
11-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Great Unholy Crusade doesn't improve Legions in any way.

Play this event to call for a Great Unholy Crusade against Heaven's Ramparts. Each player may designate a legion for the expedition which will last 3 to 6 turns. Legions which survive will be greatly strengthened. The more legions that embark the better the chances of survival will be.

From the manual.

Squiz
11-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Play this event to call for a Great Unholy Crusade against Heaven's Ramparts. Each player may designate a legion for the expedition which will last 3 to 6 turns. Legions which survive will be greatly strengthened. The more legions that embark the better the chances of survival will be.

From the manual.Boing, I stand corrected.

Heliocentric
12-08-2012, 06:09 AM
Here yee, here yee!
Both Marauder Shields and Professor Von Evil's legions are off the infernal naughty step. I think they both learned something about their behaviour and they have promised they wont do it again.
Mayoress Mare, knows how to discipline your unruly child.

Heliocentric
14-08-2012, 03:56 PM
HELL NEWS DISPATCH
The battle at heavens ramparts has turned sour, an as yet unidentified legion has been defeated, will more follow? Now we go to Lilith for the weather this weeken- *click and screen powers down*

*Camera pans from TV up to Mayoress Mare*
These days life can be brief and death can be brutal. Beast and lord alike ripped apart by uncaring apocalyptic events. Even now untold hordes of angels pledge to our destruction as all kind of plotters within and without strain to squeeze the life out of you.

WANT TO HAVE CHANGE? YES I CAN!
VOTE MAYORESS MARE

Heliocentric
14-08-2012, 11:28 PM
*Pours a 40oz for the vorpal blades*

Tikey
15-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Dear fellow fiends: I have to go to uni today, so I won't be coming home until very late. So my turn will be up before I go to sleep. So about 4 in the morning for you British. Sorry for the delay.

Heliocentric
15-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Dear fellow fiends: I have to go to uni today, so I won't be coming home until very late. So my turn will be up before I go to sleep. So about 4 in the morning for you British. Sorry for the delay.
I'll cook them up in the morning then ^_^
With my kippers and crumpets. [/British]

Tikey
16-08-2012, 04:24 AM
well i'm back and turn is not yet ready :(
I'll check in the morning.
Good night.

Squiz
16-08-2012, 08:30 AM
I was away last night, will upload some stuff when I get back home from work.

Heliocentric
16-08-2012, 11:13 AM
well i'm back and turn is not yet ready :(
I'll check in the morning.
Good night.

I think Sarigs is on that break he warned about

Edit : *checks* oh, it's squirrelfanatic, noted

Heliocentric
16-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Aaah, missed that post. Ignore me.

Heliocentric
17-08-2012, 02:52 PM
So, the big dogs go to war. Gar Mesh's 11,9,9 legion and Nililio's 2(resist 3), 14,4(resist 3) and a host of other things creeping about. Gonna be a riot.

Heliocentric
17-08-2012, 08:47 PM
BTW, user all the turns are up but I am out drinking alcohol. However as part of a thought experiment I will process my turn drunk when I get back. 3 of you may receive insults, due warning.

Heliocentric
18-08-2012, 03:24 AM
Nope, sobered up before I got home. I did decide to stand my legion on a mountain 'just cos' so I didn't do too badly... I think I know what happened, but Sarigs uber legion just disappeared. Like *poof and a cloud of dust* style.

Good meeting? Welcome to my private wing of RPS no-one else reads.

Tikey
18-08-2012, 03:35 AM
It's nice coming home and seeing that despite being late most days I'm not the last one to send the turn.
You are all very nice making me feel like I'm not bothering you.

Squiz
20-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Yeah yeah, usually I am the last to send in my turn. Could anyone please have the decency of relieving me of this duty?

Heliocentric
20-08-2012, 07:08 AM
Yeah yeah, usually I am the last to send in my turn. Could anyone please have the decency of relieving me of this duty?

If it makes you feel any better, I am always last as admin... Now submit your orders so I can process the turn. [/ironic but true]

Edit: Turn up, hole in the floor, creeping doom fell in, weebs has the only surviving member of the infernal crusade, Good meeting.

Sarigs
20-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Edit: Turn up, hole in the floor, creeping doom fell in, weebs has the only surviving member of the infernal crusade, Good meeting.

Gnah I'm at work and can't find out what occured, must have just missed the turn going up before I left home!

Heliocentric
20-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Spoilers: Vendetta is over, you lost no units but a "Great Fissure" killed nililio's creeping doom and blocked the bridge north of your hq. Now you can assault that PoP on your island (now almost literally an island ) at your leisure.

Sarigs
20-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Spoilers: Vendetta is over, you lost no units but a "Great Fissure" killed nililio's creeping doom and blocked the bridge north of your hq. Now you can assault that PoP on your island (now almost literally an island ) at your leisure.

Is that absolutely horrific event over yet? The "All Destruction Rituals are replaced with Nukes" one?

Heliocentric
20-08-2012, 10:28 AM
No, the event has a while yet.

Sarigs
20-08-2012, 10:31 AM
No, the event has a whole yet.

Bloody hell that thing's been on-going for forever!

Heliocentric
21-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Event finally finished, as did the vendetta. Things!

Heliocentric
23-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Turn was quiet, I imagine that people are spending alot of time looking at this...

Level
Wrath
Deceit
Prophecy
Destruction
Diabolism

+3 CR
Prestige Bonus For
Victories (x2.0)
Infernal Juggernaut
PCB: Legions
Fiendish Bureaucracy
Keep 2 Event Cards
Unholy Revelation
Dire Dissipation
Draw 7/Keep 4
Burnt Offerings

+1 Orders
3 Combat Card
Elements Max
Combat Tactic Alter
Combat Rules
Ritual Masking
PCB: Relics
Strategic Deception
+1 Ritual Slots
Forbidden Lore
Planar Lock
Draw 6/ Keep 4
Demand of
Supplication

+2 CR
Prestige Bonus For
Victories (x1.5)
Combat Tactic
Diabolical Vigilance
+1 Orders
PCB: Praetors
Secret Manipulation
Looting the Vaults
+1 Orders
Draw 2 Event Cards
Infernal Eye
+1 Orders
Banish
Draw 5/keep 3

+1 Healing
2 Combat Card
Elements Max
Combat Tactic HP
Shield
PCB: Artifacts
Pilfer, Coerce & Bribe
Lies & Rumors
+1 Ritual Slots
+1 Healing
Infernal Negotiations
Pain &
Punishment
Draw 4/Keep 3

+1 CR
Combat Tactic Enemy
Stat Decrease
Strategic Confusion
+1 Ritual Slots
Demonic
Premonitions
Corruption of
Essence
Draw 3/Keep 2

1 Combat Card Element
Max
Combat Tactic Stat
Boost
Combat Deception
+1 Ritual Slots
Dark
Augury
Infernal Affliction
Draw 2/Keep 2

Squiz
23-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Somebody please make demands against me. I just want out of the game without having an AI take my place.

That is all.

Tikey
23-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Guys, for ease of communications if anyone wants it, my steam id is tikey421
The same for gtalk (I'm almost always online in gtalk during work hours).

Heliocentric
23-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Dear N(il^3)io
Pay me or I will force feed your elephant peanuts until he explodes.
True story.
Mayoress Mare, Taxation department

Heliocentric
24-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Dear N(il^3)io
I accept these.... What? 1 Tribute per cards! And apparently, your elephant doesn't even like peanuts, the cheek!
Mayoress Mare, waiting for the taxation period to re begin,

Heliocentric
26-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Addressing public:
You wait twenty turns for a Vendetta and two come at once.
Mayoress Mare says: Wear your game face and a minions game face too.

Tikey
26-08-2012, 10:39 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/5/57190/1630156-octodad_gameface.jpg

Heliocentric
29-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Turn up, and we "offer no respite" with a genuinely excellent flow of turns. Seriously, I was concerned about the game stalling like so many others did but, nope. Instead the delays we have had have been small in scale and followed by a flurry of activity.

In character?
The infernal engineers who were under investigation for using sub standard materials have lost their contacted rights to work in this area. We thank all who have helped us identify these faulty works and encourage others to help them to be identified so remedial works can take place.
-Mayoress Mare, making a hell we can all be proud of.

Sarigs
29-08-2012, 08:52 AM
In character? The infernal engineers were under investigation for using sub standard materials have lost their contacted rights to work in this area. We thank all who have helped us identify these faulty works and encourage others to help them to be identified so remedial works can take place.
-Mayoress Mare, making a hell we can all be proud of.

You are all flys buzzing around my glorious dung heap. I shall swat you all you vultures.

Heliocentric
29-08-2012, 09:17 AM
You are all flys buzzing around my glorious dung heap. I shall swat you all you vultures.

Dear Slave
I know that as a larvae you developed a fear of flying things, but which metaphor are you going with?
Vulture: Careful and efficient predators, eat carrion.
Fly: Move in swarms, exceptional reflexes, eat carrion.
Wait.. I get it, in this equation *YOU* are the still rotting carcass of a once live being? Got it.
Mayoress Mare, knows your secret.

Sarigs
29-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Dear Slave
I know that as a larvae you developed a fear of flying things, but which metaphor are you going with?
Vulture: Careful and efficient predators, eat carrion.
Fly: Move in swarms, exceptional reflexes, eat carrion.
Wait.. I get it, in this equation *YOU* are the still rotting carcass of a once live being? Got it.
Mayoress Mare, knows your secret.

Once I rule hell I shall mix my metaphor as I see fit. Both slovenly beings incapable of forging change and order by themselves, instead squabbling over the scraps left behind by greater beings.

Yes in this metaphor I'm the greater being and you are, by inference, my inferiors.

Heliocentric
29-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Oh, I apologise. Based on events on the field of battle I thought you might have chosen a relevant metaphor.

Heliocentric
30-08-2012, 11:05 AM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/42026875/Omen.jpg

Just saying.

Edit: Pictures are fun
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/42026875/Versus.jpg

Heliocentric
30-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Nuffled. In like 3 ways.
Dumped in the blades path, lost combat advantage with 3(not 4 like the combat report suggests) levels.
And of course complete ritual fail.

Sarigs
31-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Nuffled. In like 3 ways.
Dumped in the blades path, lost combat advantage with 3(not 4 like the combat report suggests) levels.

MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA.......HA. That is all.

P.s. Nice whip *Yoink*

Jarvis
02-09-2012, 11:13 AM
You've got the main save for turn 40 back in helio.

Heliocentric
02-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Ty for the prod, game is ticking along nicely.

Sarigs
04-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Sorry lads I'm away tonight so my turn will have to wait till tomorrow evening :-(

Tikey
04-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Nuffled. In like 3 ways.

Question: How do levels work in combat?
Where does combat advantage come from? (do storks bring them?)

Heliocentric
04-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Level(note level ups happen after any combat) +D6 each. Highest value has advantage. Random (1-3)value boost in any non-zero attribute (randomly determined), a draw (on D6+level) means no advantage for anyone.

Jarvis
04-09-2012, 04:42 PM
What's going on with the turn Helio?

Tikey
04-09-2012, 04:47 PM
Another question:
How does outbidding work?
It just got to do with the resources asked or if I include another resource also counts towards the outbidding. I mean, if something asks for lets say 3 souls. Can I outbid someone with 3 souls and 1 ichor or only with more souls than the other person?

Heliocentric
04-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Another question:
How does outbidding work?
It just got to do with the resources asked or if I include another resource also counts towards the outbidding. I mean, if something asks for lets say 3 souls. Can I outbid someone with 3 souls and 1 ichor or only with more souls than the other person?
Resources are counted flat. I think draws go to higher ranks or to who ordered it first(as action are in a fixed order this is a good resolver)

So say a relic requires 10 souls, but you sent 10 souls and 3 hellfire, that's better than 12 souls. or 10 souls and 2 darkness. But a bid of 10 souls, 1 darkness 2 icor and 1 hellfire would win.

Add to this infernal negotiations ritual serves as a multiplier to all resources, probably based on the ritual roll. (like 1*(0.01*roll+modifier)) but equation is all guesswork.

What's going on with the turn Helio?

Your and weebs turn was bad, no idea why.

Tikey
04-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Resources are counted flat. I think draws go to higher ranks or to who ordered it first(as action are in a fixed order this is a good resolver)

So say a relic requires 10 souls, but you sent 10 souls and 3 hellfire, that's better than 12 souls. or 10 souls and 2 darkness. But a bid of 10 souls, 1 darkness 2 icor and 1 hellfire would win.

Add to this infernal negotiations ritual serves as a multiplier to all resources, probably based on the ritual roll. (like 1*(0.01*roll+modifier)) but equation is all guesswork.

According to the manual souls equals to two points in outbidding, while the other resources contribute just one point.
So in your first example, 12 souls is actually better than 10 souls and 3 hellfire.
I just wasn't sure about if all the resources counted or just the specifics to the item.

Heliocentric
06-09-2012, 10:21 AM
According to the manual souls equals to two points in outbidding, while the other resources contribute just one point.
So in your first example, 12 souls is actually better than 10 souls and 3 hellfire.
I just wasn't sure about if all the resources counted or just the specifics to the item.
I missed that, good catch, so souls are super impotent, huh?

Also

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/42026875/Host%20of%20angels.jpg

Sarigs
06-09-2012, 11:50 AM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/42026875/Host%20of%20angels.jpg

Hmm I need to check these bad boy's stats when I get home and load the turn but I'm not overly happy about him appearing!

Heliocentric
10-09-2012, 04:21 PM
*prods Jarvis in the retina*

You dead boy?

Jarvis
10-09-2012, 08:47 PM
No i just work.

Heliocentric
10-09-2012, 10:55 PM
No i just work.Not good enough!

*gestures to minions*

Flay this one.

Heliocentric
11-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Dr Von Evil has the most comfortable throne ever. Still warm too. But the throne room lacked decoration so I put up some angel heads, along side Von Evil head, and I used his entrails as a rug. To help you remember him as I do I sent you each a piece of him by courier.

Tikey
11-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Well, being that this is almost over I want to thank you for a great first game. It was quite quiet, perfect for me to get used to the nuances of the game.
You're all lovely deceiving bastards.

Heliocentric
11-09-2012, 05:33 PM
You figure it was quiet eh? Well, yes it has heated up more with the arrival of the angels. Personally I was expecting a longer game so I likely took my time too much.

Tikey
11-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Well, I didn't die -yet- and didn't fight much, so it was kinda quiet for me.

Heliocentric
11-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Much with SI its 'go hard or go home' you'll not win games without pushing, and if you push you get pushed back. That or get the puzzle cube and excommunicate yourself and puzzle cube kill everyone.

Tikey
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Much with SI its 'go hard or go home' you'll not win games without pushing, and if you push you get pushed back. That or get the puzzle cube and excommunicate yourself and puzzle cube kill everyone.

I read that, brilliant!

Squiz
11-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Dr Von Evil has the most comfortable throne ever. Still warm too. But the throne room lacked decoration so I put up some angel heads, along side Von Evil head, and I used his entrails as a rug. To help you remember him as I do I sent you each a piece of him by courier.Fucking finally. What took you so long? Jeez.

Heliocentric
11-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Fucking finally. What took you so long? Jeez.

:'( Even with his head nailed to the wall he says mean things, but on the bright side he scares away burglars.

Squiz
12-09-2012, 07:38 AM
I'll even EAT them burglars, if you let them near me. Now flip the newspaper to the next page, I am done reading lonely heart ads.

Sarigs
12-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Just OOI considering that that we have only 2 council tokens to draw before the end of the game does anyone recon they can close the gap on me?

I'm been sitting on a particular event pretty much since turn 5 as a get out of jail free card just FYI ;-)

Heliocentric
12-09-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm been sitting on a particular event pretty much since turn 5 as a get out of jail free card just FYI ;-)

*plays event "take ball and run home*

If I don't process you don't win!

Sarigs
12-09-2012, 01:08 PM
*plays event "take ball and run home*

If I don't process you don't win!

Lol it's not that good and I've meant to play it a few times/been tempted to trade it in but the later the game gets the smarter it seems to wait and then just play it at the last minute :-) Don't think I've seen it come up in any of my previous games!

Heliocentric
12-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Turn up.
*whistles*

Heliocentric
12-09-2012, 11:43 PM
News from the front is fantastic 16 colour-o-vision
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/42026875/Turn49News16.gif
Additionally.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/42026875/Omen16.gif

Heliocentric
13-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi Sarigs, the kettle is about to boil on this game, any chance of a turn? TY

Sarigs
13-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi Sarigs, the kettle is about to boil on this game, any chance of a turn? TY

I'm at work :-(

Thanks for reminding me of that while you guys are obviously frolicking about in the sun shine playing devils and demons!

EDIT: Belay the above whining. I am 100% sure I did my turn and uploaded this morning! I swear I keep submitting turns that disappear. So I walk away all smug in the knowledge that I'm not the last in and then a day later it turns out the files gone! Or that I'm going senile!

Tikey
13-09-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm at work too.
I've installed SI here (don't tell my boss) :P

Heliocentric
13-09-2012, 04:09 PM
FIRED!
I keep casting "sow confusion IRL" off.

Heliocentric
14-09-2012, 12:08 AM
TURN 50, THE END
Gar'mesh aka Sarigs, all must rally behind him... But non but betrayers of the conclave survive. Gar'mesh rules alone.

Game over, please insert coin.

Tikey
14-09-2012, 12:13 AM
ONE POINT! PANDEMONIUM SURVIVED BECAUSE OF ONE POINT!

I knew I should've used a destruction ritual first.

It was a lot of fun. Congrats Sargis, we should've tried to kill you earlier :P

do all Solium Infernum games end this bloodily?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1916&d=1347578290

Heliocentric
14-09-2012, 12:16 AM
ONE POINT! PANDEMONIUM SURVIVED BECAUSE OF ONE POINT!

I knew I should've used a destruction ritual first.

It was a lot of fun. Congrats Sargis, we should've tried to kill you earlier :P

do all Solium Infernum games end this bloodily?
No, often they end on a whimper of who has the most secret missions completed.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1917&d=1347578790
Shame hell belong to gar now, I guess this makes me hells real estate agent.

Sarigs
14-09-2012, 09:06 AM
wOOt! First victory game! I would not suggest my build to anyone except small cramped maps. If I hadn't snowballed that early lead I would have been doomed.

Unfortunate that I took a blood vassal the turn before he was wiped off the map!