PDA

View Full Version : ARMA II: Free performance representative?

mrwout
22-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Hey,

My Pc isn't all that powerfull so I took ARMA free for a bit of a test-run before I bought ARMA II at it's nicely reduced price. I ran the benchmarks and I received fps ratings that are acceptable (except for the second benchmark where I only got 12 but this is to be expected I heard). Than I ran the "trial by fire" mission with fraps running and I had a framerate in the high twenties mostly around 30 and an overall smooth playing experience (which ofcoure is more important to me than all that FPS and benchmarking mumbo-jumbo). But I'm not really sure if the performance of that level is representative for the levels in the full game. Anybody able to help me with this one?

Grizzly
22-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Arma 2: free is basically Arma 2 with lower quality textures. You will not see major performance differences, unless you have a 256 mb card or something (And even then you can just lower the texture quality anyway).
You will most likely see even higher performance in Operation Arrowhead (deserts are easier to render). There's a demo of that game, too.

egg651
22-07-2012, 06:00 PM
You will most likely see even higher performance in Operation Arrowhead (deserts are easier to render). There's a demo of that game, too.
Although I'm fairly sure the demo hasn't been patched since release, so it wont perform as well as the latest version of the full game.

Kefirz
23-07-2012, 08:59 AM
But if you decided to buy Arma then you should go all the way and buy Combined Operations, so you could play with us and play Dayz.