PDA

View Full Version : [AAR] Folk [Sun] 22 July 2012 (Bad Hair)

fer
22-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Cross-posting from the official AAR thread in the Folk forum (http://www.ferstaberinde.com/folk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=449) (please please cross-post, or Party officials may detain you):

Missions:
Two Days To Retirement (Vybor)
Lion
Shapur Raiders
Skyline
Czech Mate

Perhaps any evening that begins with men carry Uzis and sporting very questionable haircuts and clothes should be treated as deeply suspect. Then again, that's how all of my real-life meet-ups with comrade Tigershark have started.

:colbert:

Thank you to all comrades who came along tonight. Again, our playercount was north of 40, and we pushed comfortably past the official 2-hour mark (I called the official session to a close after 3 hours). However, for the first few missions we were also massacred by merciless AI foes (sometimes directed by even more merciless human puppeteers). When it was all looking very grim indeed, the Party gave comrade Stranglove the task of delivering victory in Skyline. Proving that the Pary can motivate anyone, comrade Stranglove duly delivered an almost perfect victory (only 2 brave souls were lost in our sweep of the enemy-held ridge). Afterwards, comrade Toppometer led a smaller platoon to a second victory in Czech Mate. Glorious stuff (in the end)!

:hist101:

On a serious note, apologies for the above-average levels of death in Lion. Whilst official Party records will show that comrade commander Nullkigan was incompetent in his handling of the forces at his disposal, years later (and then only in a rare interview to a foreign magazine), the mission maker may admit that the aiXX mission concept still suffers from balance issues. Though rest assured, in true Party style, we shall continue to experiment even at the cost of further lives.

:science101: + :commissar:

IceRaiser
22-07-2012, 11:03 PM
I had to go and sleep an hour~ so I missed TDTR and Lion. Sadly, 'cuz I tested the first and would've been awesome to bring my MLG pro-ninja skillz. Oh well.
Sorry ppl in my teams, I forgot your names :(

Shapur Raiders
Charlie SL: Head
Charlie 1 FTL: IceRaiser
AR: Caper(or were you AT?)
AAR: Forgot
AT: Someone els.

We were tasked with setting up on the west side of the road and ambush the convoy.
Head drove us up to the first compound, we dismounted and quickly learned that we were 50m away from the convoy. Some shooting and a few vehicles down; then I got a 7.62 to the face >.<

Skyline
Echo FTL: IceRaiser
AR: Some new guy(forgot :<)
AAR: Black Mamba
AT: Tink(?)
My CC whisper decided to die on me, again, so Astute Cat took up the role as SL for Echo/Fox-combined-awesomness-squad.
We pushed up on the southern edge of the mountain, stopping now and then to watch the firework from the mortar and about 1/3 into the mission Echo consisted of 3 PKM and one RPG/m16 m203 :D
So we became the Fire Support Unit in E/FCAS and rained down fire on any enemy that dared stick up his head.
That together with Astute whipping us forward and forcing us to use leaping manouvers and other tactic00l stuff made sure no one could harm us.
We won. 0 Wounded/Dead in E/FCAS.

Czech mate
bravo FTL: Head
AR: IceRaiser
AAR: Richard Northern
AT: Sinful(Somethingsomething Dark Side)

Moved to RV, Head's VON stopped working, confusion was had.
I was given control and ordered a direct assault on the compound.
We went up, cleared the entrance and secured the compound with the rest of the teams.
Got the order to stay inside the compound - but we were already outside so we started moving to our new RV.
Engaged some inf, got split up; Richard went West with Alpha(?), Sinful and Head pushed towards the South and I flanked slightly to the East to deal with inf.
Got a Breach-line-here-order from Head and ran there, killing inf on the way. Went prone next to the bunker and covered Fer and Toppo who were busy coming up with new ways to kill rabbits.
Killed some more dudes while Head ran up and cleared the bunker closest east.
Some enemies tried to sneak up via the valley just south of us and got Sinful(who died due to me using him as a meatshield) but we revenged his death!
When everyone was at the line I asked Head wth Richard was. "Oh he's dead somewhere near the M113 compound. I'll grab Sinful's corpse, let's go."
Never would I leave my gloriouz assistant behind! I ran back and searched for his corpse and found it laying near a bush..
Poor Richard, he deserved a proper funeral!
I picked up his corpse and carried it all the way back to the Breachpoint where Head was waiting, providing cover and encouragement.
We carried our fallen comrades south whilst the other squads ran past us, missing several of their members.
Fer tried to persuade us to leave our comrades behind but we said "Never! You'd carry Tigershark, we're doing it for any comrade!"
I still wonder why the other squads didn't bring the bodies of their fallen comrades...
Bonuspic's:
Bravo Squad, Best Squad
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/936997652533637018/0238215F563B8BD1CCF418DD822BD376CEFAD25A/
This is how Head carries ppl
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/936997652533639740/7A27486B3993474884995D5B40CBA34963AAE4FE/

StrangLove
22-07-2012, 11:38 PM
What started somewhat haphazardly turned into a great session in my eyes, thanks to everyone who turned up, and to Fer for hosting.

Two Days Till Retirement
FTL: Fer
Policeman 1: Grizzly
Policeman 2: Capernatious
Policeman 3: Stranglove

A pretty simple case of affairs on this adversarial, Delta Cop Force Tango Foxtrot (TM) moved down to the south of the village and struck up on foot from there. Our fireteam moved stealthily to the main office building, where all but Grizzly were killed by one man. Unfortunately, our guns were stuck on the doorframe and we were unable to traverse to kill him, ending my short career in the force.

Lion
A1 FTL: Stranglove
A1 AR: Pirate
A1 AAR: Sinful
A1 RAT: Kaleovil

For a mission that seems to have gone badly for most, I quite enjoyed this one. The plan was a simple breakthrough, and A1 would be spearheading it. Accordingly, we moved into covered positions and waited for the whistle to go over the top. What we waded into was a sea of lead, all luckily pinging past most of A1 without much damage. Alpha as a whole got around 200M up the valley before running into trouble. With the IFV3 team eliminated by two RPG rounds, armoured support was non-existent. Bored of being stuck behind a rock, I attempted to push up the valley to what I deemed to be the next shred of cover, a small deadzone in the side of the valley floor. Unfortunately, the puppetmaster teams were established en-mass on the valley walls, and the road quickly became a quagmire. The rest of alpha being pinned or dead, and with myself and kale bleeding out, sinful was deemed new A1 FTL. He was not required to take up that post thanks to the courageous actions of two different soldiers, the first of which (Toppo, I believe) died during his attempts to heal me. The second heal attempt succeeded, and (Fer, A SQL, being dead) I ordered Alpha squad to dig in and consolidate. At this point, it really started going wrong for me. Not toggling on CC correctly left me deaf to Bravo and the remaining IFVs for a good 5 minutes, and communications issues prevented my plan of circling round to the northeast and passing to the rear of the hostiles from working. Whilst the IFVs led a suicide charge, I sat on a ridge and pinged bullets downrange at an AI squad. I failed to hit any, and the mission ended.

Shapur Raiders
SAM1 gunner: StrangLove
SAM1 Assistant: Zitron

This mission ended quickly for me. Having driven to the compound and dismounted, Zitron and I were promptly shot by a marauding M113.

Skyline
CO: StrangLove
CO Medic: Capernatious

Having been volunteered for the work placement scheme, I was quickly slotted into the CO role on this mission.

The plan was simple: a line formation pushing along the ridgeline, with Alpha-Bravo and Echo-Foxtrot providing cover from the flanks. Charlie-Delta punched through the centre. Contact was quickly made, with a bunker plus infantry spotted on the start of the ridge. A mortar round was sent downrange to engage, but missed by a few meters. At this point, an unknown infantryman took it upon himself to eliminate the gun, and (with excellent marksmanship) took out the weapon and infantry in quick succession, freeing up the main element for a push. Thanks to excellent communications from FTLs, we were able to make good time and account for potential threats, and the mission was completed with minimum casulties (2 or 3 men lost). Shoutout to the Fireteam leaders for being excellent people to work with, and to Wolf (DC) for brilliant spotting and for guiding the mortars onto their targets.

Czechmate

DC: StrangLove
DC Medic: SuperU

Having gotten on the ground safely, I gave orders to Charlie/Delta/MAT (under my command) to move to the RV points marked on map. Unfortunately, some minor comms issues (mainly on my side) along with early contact tied down our squads, so the original plan was revised and C/D/MAT were ordered to assault the compound through the front door. We completed the task quickly and effectively, but it was done with minor casulties (Sorry SuperU!). Pushing on past the compound, we had to first eliminate hostile positions on the ridgeline and then punch through to friendly lines. Unfortunately for me, I was killed by a stray AK round, bringing my session to an end.

Apologies to AstuteCat, leader of Delta. I could have had that technical taken down, but instead I inadvertantly let him kill you. Sorry!

Thanks everyone for an excellent session.

SuperÜ
23-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Whilst bitter over dying in Czech mate on the first push. I found great comfort in the irony that the medic was the first man to go down!

Issus
23-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Two Days Till Retirement
Bravo-1?
FTL: Unaco
Stoned gang member lying on the floor: Issus

Our fireteam moved stealthily to the main office building, where all but Grizzly were killed by one man. Unfortunately, our guns were stuck on the doorframe and we were unable to traverse to kill him, ending my short career in the force.

Ah, that was probably me. Sorry. I must admit, I did feel pretty bad afterwards for such cheap kills (until I remembered you pigs were there to take away our '80s metal music cassettes, and therefore deserved to burn in hell). You'll be glad to know your comrade Grizzly took my head (and amazing hair) clean off when I stupidly decided to stand up.

Unfortunately for me, I'd earned a karma debt that was to be repaid in full during the rest of the session.

Lion

Bravo 2 AT? We were supposed to hang back behind Alpha, but I think we must have pushed on past the front line because the entire fire team was dead within 20 seconds of first contact, thus securing the most glory. *basks in it*

Shapur Raiders

Charlie 2 AT. Managed to survive a bit longer in this one, enough to run from the truck into the compound before getting cut down. Oh well, someone had volunteered us to scout the convoy beforehand, so we would've all been dead fairly soon anyway.

Skyline

Delta. Thanks to mike's caring guidance and needless self-sacrifice, I managed to survive this one. Didn't kill anything though either, but I'm sure I must have made at least two enemy AI slightly concerned by loud noises coming out of my rifle.

Got called away so couldn't participate in the Czechmate, but my second-ever Folk session was a lot of fun. Thanks to all who helped out/fired hot lead into my face. :)

Eophasmus
27-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Just noticed this cross-posting thread. So, from the Folk forum:

Two Days To Retirement

My first mission with the folk from Folk, I thought it best to stick close to a familiar name. One I'd seen with a yellow sherriff's badge pinned next to it. Ansob drove us to RV2 where we leapt out and proceeded on-foot towards the village. We paused under some trees and I spotted figures moving into the village from the East. We couldn't tell if they were friendlies, so we moved onward to the village. The trees behind us were peppered and I heard a teammate go down; when we caught our breaths beside a house in the village, Ansob and I realised we were alone.

We proceeded into the village along the road when Ansob ducked into an alleyway. I followed him into the alley and was immediately shot in the back. I dragged my almost-corpse towards Ansob who began to administer first aid until a splatter of shots took him down too. I heard his cry of defiance as he crawled towards the enemy, gun raised, then he was gone. Panicked semi-conscious wheeling led to another shot in the face. Possibly by Tigershark.

Lion

After technical issues and jargon-comprehension-failure, I joined IFV3 as the gunner. Grumbles from Alpha 'meat shield' squad made me realise that being designated "tank hunter" was perhaps not as glamourous as it sounded. x25killa provided excellent communication as I spotted infantry running to the top of the hills to the South-West and South-East; he reported them to the Alpha team who fanned out in front of us to engage. I switched to the cannon and chewed up a few as Killa re-aligned for visibility. Suddenly, cries of "RPG" over the radio, a fumbling of controls and, too slow, I was tangled in the smoking mess of IFV3.

Shapur Raiders

Once again, I decided to stick close to a familiar, 'senior' figure. I awoke on Bravo's truck with Wolfenswan's bespectacled face filling my entire view (no concept of personal space). We approached the desert town with the intention of lying silently in wait for the convoy, but shots were heard before we even entered the town.

The truck parked behind a building and we all climbed out into a narrow, cramped street. I saw that Wolfenswan was on the other side of the truck and attempted to squeeze past towards him. Just as I got him in view, he fell, injured. I dragged him back to the truck and started to give him first aid when another shot knocked me through the wall. Flimsy, desert walls.

Disorientated, I tried to find my way back to him, following other members of Bravo who were already under heavy fire. I didn't last long.

A great first session! Main success: not getting anyone else killed too badly.