PDA

View Full Version : US WoW players

Pani
29-06-2011, 02:03 PM
First a question: Is it possible to hook up a friend to WoW and get all the "friend" bonuses when the new player is already playing the on the new trail system?

Secondly, a proposition: Assuming the above is true, are there any US long-time regular WoW players that would like to make me their "friend" for a mutually beneficial arrangement?

I played WoW on the EU servers a few years ago but moved to the US. I'd quite like to get back into it to see the stuff post-BC but obviously want to fly through the first 60 something levels. As friends, we could level new characters together for 3X experience. I suppose most importantly for you, is the free 30 days you'd receive. All the info on the recruit a friend system is here (http://www.wowwiki.com/Recruit-A-Friend).

Also, I read this over at the escapist (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111281-WoW-Veterans-Get-a-Free-Game-for-a-Friend) about long-time players getting free copies. If anyone still has that, I'd love to have a copy to save me $20.

Skalpadda
29-06-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm not in the US and I don't know how the trial and recruit-a-friend stuff works, but even if you can't combine the two, the first few levels are fast enough that it shouldn't be a big deal to make a new account.

Unless you dislike questing I wouldn't worry too much about speeding through it though. The new 1-60 content, Northrend and the 80-85 stuff in Azeroth are some of the finest bits of content WoW has ever had and well worth doing, not to mention that leveling speed is much faster now than it used to be.

Pani
29-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Well I've just played the first 10 levels as an Orc Shammy and didn't feel like they were much faster than I remember. Nor was it much more interesting than I remember (I think I leveled to 60 three times back in the day). So really I just want to get to BC fairly quick and start from there. Also, without having Cataclysm (yet), I cant see the new starting areas anyway (Worgen and Goblin).

Skalpadda
29-06-2011, 03:13 PM
If you carry on to Azshara after Durotar you'll get a pretty good sense for how the new stuff plays (it's basically the continuation of the Goblin starting area).

Icarus
29-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Actually the TBC questing areas are the worst in the game right now :/ I just live in dungeons on my 60-68 alts because I can't stand questing in Hellfire Peninsula yet a-bloody-again.