PDA

View Full Version : Solium Infernium - The Chaos Royale

Heliocentric
27-07-2012, 10:18 AM
The premise is simple, small map(random by coinflip), short game, common places of power, rect and census on (not that it will matter much).

Expect lots of short conflicts, messy borders and desperate alliances.

Fiend names:
Heliocentric = Canihas
Desvergeh = Desvergeh
Dentharial = El Cucharacha
Skydancer = Skittles
carnage4u = Ar'zazzz
AgentOrange = Mantra

Unclaimed fiends:
Ar'zazzz
Mantra

Skydancer
27-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Count me in

Dentharial
02-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Sign me up for this one.

desvergeh
02-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Sign me up too Helio. Been meaning to arrange a game myself after my last one died... but been too distracted to do anything of use.

Skydancer
02-08-2012, 05:19 PM
How many players?

carnage4u
02-08-2012, 07:54 PM
I would be willing to play. I have not yet played this game multiplayer and I am excited to. (I have 1 stretch of days in the next month where I wil be away from a computer for 5 days (Gencon) in case that is an issue.

Heliocentric
02-08-2012, 08:31 PM
6 players is the maximum and the best.

Anyone interested should email/private message me there dropbox email address.

Heliocentric
03-08-2012, 02:21 AM
Skydancer I'd need your email to add you, we are also eager for 1 more player.

edit: scrap that

agentorange
03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
I'll join if you still need the 1.

Heliocentric
03-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Absolutely, pm me your drop box.

carnage4u
03-08-2012, 04:38 PM
This should be fun. My first game vs Players. no idea on what good builds for avatars are. Wait.. did I just announce myself as fresh meat....doh....

Dentharial
05-08-2012, 08:10 AM
The first contender has entered the ring!

In his mortal life, El Cucharacha roamed the US of A, attending all of the most bloodthirsty* and dangerous** sports entertainment events. Feared*** as the younger brother of a notorious Mexican ganglord, he won**** title after title through use of his signature move, the Quadropod.

However, when his popularity rose among gullible 13-16 year old males, six consecutive deaths***** caused by people attempting to copy the Quadropod****** resulted in his arrest by mortal authorities. Early reports claimed that he was actually an actor from New Jersey, however these reports were quickly revealed to be false information, El Cucharacha was deported to Mexico, and in an unconnected series of events the local mayor and Senate member were re-elected for the next term thanks to their tough stance on crime. The athlete******* was shanked 14 hours later.

Condemned to Hell for an overabundance of parking tickets, El Cucharacha took the form of his demonic namesake, and quickly rose through the ranks. Now he finds himself in the greatest fight of his existence! Will he find himself pinned under the greater experience of his opponents, or will his grasp of politics ensure his victory in this most chaotic of battles?

* Blood censored for suitability for teen audiences

** Statement from the mortal organization - "Don't try this at home kids!"

*** Many other wrestlers would proclaim how much "They don't want to get in the ring with that freak" before proceeding to get in the ring with him, or else fight in the backrooms in front of an accidental camera

**** Miraculously, always after a long build-up and storyline that led to just this climax, or completely out of the blue as a last minute surprise, and never when expected or just as a "Oh, I guess he deserves it" type victory.

***** Statement from the mortal organization - "Wait...what!? We're not...! Wait, let me get my pants on. You! Get outta here! We're totally not liable for this! We had a warning and everything! We didn't even license that move! Totally his own invention. We told him not to do it. Look here, contracted and everything. Whew, I knew I had all this paperwork forged for a reason. Wait, stop recording. Give me that!"

****** All deaths were from the persons attempting to perform the actual move. The 'victims' on whom the move was performed reported only mild surprise and slight tickling.

******* /Mexican gangster/New Jersey actor

​And just in case it needs saying, my avatar pic is the demon grasshopper thingy.

Also, I'd love it if people posted their names when they know them. The last game I was in, people did not say their names for quite a few turns, and it made things kind of confusing for me.

Heliocentric
05-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Oh Hai! I herd you liked memes do I put memes in you game so you can meme while you game.

I amCanihas,forged out of the sin and regret of the time wasted looking for at 'funny cat pictures', I'm one of the newest masters in hell, but do not mistake my age for stupidity or I will accidentally the pandemonium.

Skydancer
05-08-2012, 04:10 PM
*a twitchy figure emerges from a small crevice*

TKTRRTKTKTKRKTKRKTT TKTKR TKTKR TKTKTKKTT RKTKTKTKR KTKTKTK RKKTKT
(Td.: I am Lord Skittles, ruler of the eight hundred millions seventy three thousands four hundred and twenty one hives of torment of the Dis plain.)

TKTKR
(Td.: I will bestow great pain to whoever made fun of my hive realm by putting infernal firecrackers on our mounds and setting them ablaze.)

TTRRK KRRRKTKR RK
(Td.: I will also accept any offerings with devilish fervor and will sell my help to the highest bidder.)

TRKR
(Td.: Believe me I will be worth it.)

*the tiny horror slithers away into obscurity*

desvergeh
06-08-2012, 03:43 PM
I am Desvergeh, Demon Lord of awkward silences and unimaginativeness.... unimaginitude... unimaginity.......

Bow before me or face the wrath of my red demons over there, and these blue ones here as well...

Are you bowing?... I can't tell over a forum...

Just let me know... on here or in a pm would be fine...

TTFN

Demon Lord Desvergeh.

Heliocentric
06-08-2012, 03:53 PM
I accidentally deleted turn 0 save file. It shouldn't impact anything... But it annoyed me I did that.

Anyway, turn is up as of this morning. I made a ubiquitous link which should lead to your save folder.

Not bowing, umad? Why umad bro?

Dentharial
06-08-2012, 05:06 PM
IT BEGINS.

And there are not 1, not 2, but 3 players all using the demon insect avatar.

Of course we're entirely independent and not any kind of secret hive-mind collective. No sir.

Heliocentric
06-08-2012, 10:32 PM
I of course are using the surprised cat head wrestler.

carnage4u
07-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Just a heads up - I will be on vacation from Aug 15th to 19th.
Depending on hour lucky we are with getting the turns on the 15th, I "might" be able to do my turn that day, but I will be away from my computer until the 20th.

(gencon)

I wont have any conflicts (at least until Nov, but I assume this game may be down by then)

Heliocentric
11-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Updated fiend listings, some names are unannounced.

carnage4u
11-08-2012, 09:22 PM
I am Ar'zazzz

Heliocentric
12-08-2012, 01:21 AM
To Skittles
So I heard you have tribute, can-canihas-has some tribute, we'll be best friends forever?
from canihas

Skydancer
12-08-2012, 01:59 AM
TRRORKR?
(Seriously?)

Heliocentric
20-08-2012, 06:52 AM
The turn is finally processed, high turn over rate it is not.

Dear Skittles TTR
http://www.turbofroggy.com/images/limecat/flag_limecat.jpg
Oh... sorry I was just letting my freak flag fly.
CanIHas?

Skydancer
20-08-2012, 11:13 AM
I couldn't be arsed to read the description of dark aura. This UI tires me.

Heliocentric
21-08-2012, 12:12 AM
I couldn't be arsed to read the description of dark aura. This UI tires me.
okay, winning because of UI
is not so victorious.

*flies freak flag half mast*

Dentharial
21-08-2012, 05:23 PM
So I just tried submitting my turn, and it doesn't seem to be uploading to the dropbox successfully; little blue rotating arrows are continually going. All the rest of the internet seems to be working fine though, so I've no idea what's wrong.

Heliocentric
21-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Try closing drop box down altogether, maybe in task manager.

Dentharial
21-08-2012, 06:33 PM
I went away for half an hour and it was done once I was back. I guess it's nothing to be worried about, but I'd just never seen that before.

desvergeh
22-08-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm away the next couple of weekends. Will be taking laptop, and should have an internet connection, but there are still more likely to be issues with submitting my turns. Just warning you guys in case there are any delays.

Heliocentric
26-08-2012, 09:16 AM
RE Application for asylum status
Dear Slaves of skittles [sic]

First things, you need to find a new way to address yourselves, you cannot identify yourselves as the slaves of this individual and simultaneously request sanctuary without drawing suspicions about your motivations. Secondarily, you will able to remain in Canton 1 Crux 4 until further arrangements can be made, there is a sump pile which leaks high grade icor in the northen region if you require sustenance. Incidentally there are rumours you are harbouring a war criminal "Phenex" can you comment on this?
I herd you like refuge so I put refugees in my refuge so you can refuge while you refuge. -CanIHas?

carnage4u
30-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Dear Canihas

I regretfully have to decline your demands. While you will probably get some short turn gains out of this turn of events, rest assured, for your actions my legions shall be marching upon you soon enough.

Your Master

Ar'zazzz

Heliocentric
30-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Public address:
CanIHas a moment of your time? When CanIHas asks CanIHas why do people say DoNotWant?

Heliocentric
07-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Ha, the tide truly has risen against me. That's what I get for managing to contain skydancer and his extra order relic.

Welp

Skydancer
07-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Well, it doesn't seem my situation is much better than yours since my demands are effective as those of a 4 years old kid.

Dentharial
07-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Well I'm right at the bottom of the heap.

But it's the little things in life that really make it worth living. So allow me to say that I'm really enjoying holding the key to Mantra's legion's cage, and absolutely refusing to open it up, despite his repeated attempts to free it through Vendetta.

Skydancer
07-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't mind eating that legion if you were to open the cage.

carnage4u
07-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Ha, the tide truly has risen against me. That's what I get for managing to contain skydancer and his extra order relic.

Welp

I also was trying to help you by removing your legions from the board. I figured the less things to manage, you could focus on the more important things in hell.

I may have stopped short of skittles border, as those armies look really angy about being stuck in their 5ft x 5ft box.

Skydancer
07-09-2012, 05:22 PM
You can't imagine the angst.

Heliocentric
07-09-2012, 06:37 PM
I may have stopped short of skittles border, as those armies look really angy about being stuck in their 5ft x 5ft box.

I changed their paper yesterday and everything.

Skydancer
11-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Let's urge paleshale to up their turn again. Arr.

Heliocentric
11-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Yes. What he said.

carnage4u
11-09-2012, 08:37 PM
I agree as well. want to play more.. :)

Heliocentric
12-09-2012, 10:36 PM
okay, i might need to process without pale unless we hear something, going AI is irreversible however.

Dentharial
13-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Going by a process of elimination, I guess that paleshale is AgentOrange/Ar'zazz?

*examines the map and prestige scores*

I'd be totally ok with him being AI'd.

(On a serious note, losing a player is a shame, but losing the game would be worse.)

Skydancer
13-09-2012, 12:05 PM
I agree. Ten characters blah blah.

carnage4u
13-09-2012, 01:11 PM
I am Ar'zazz. :)

It would be sad to lose a player, but there has been no word in almost 4 days now.. seems a bit odd.. at some point it would be nice to continue.

Heliocentric
13-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Just to clear things up.

Desvergeh = Desvergeh
AgentOrange = Mantra

This is the suspect list for pale. I'll try and talk to both.

Heliocentric
13-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm away the next couple of weekends. Will be taking laptop, and should have an internet connection, but there are still more likely to be issues with submitting my turns. Just warning you guys in case there are any delays.

Hmmm. Plausible.

desvergeh
13-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Just to clear things up.

Desvergeh = Desvergeh
AgentOrange = Mantra

This is the suspect list for pale. I'll try and talk to both.

It isn't me. My files are listed as sxk634.

I have been away at weekends recently, but was pleased to see that I managed to stay up to date with the turns.

Shame to lose a player, but it is coming up to a week with no new turns. I would certainly understand if you AI'd me under those circumstances.

carnage4u
13-09-2012, 06:34 PM
I'm excited for the next turn since I have such wonderful things planned for Canihas with our second vendatta about to start.

carnage4u
17-09-2012, 04:41 PM
are we moving foward?

Heliocentric
17-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Yep, processing tonight, sorry for the lull. I'll be AIing paleshale.

Heliocentric
17-09-2012, 08:32 PM
I just baked a new turn, it smells delicious.

Skydancer
19-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Process the stuff already!

Heliocentric
20-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Process the stuff already!

I am processing at least daily now, thats good right?

Skydancer
21-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Back on track!

Dentharial
28-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Sorry again. I could make all sorts of excuses why I've been slow with my turns, but really I've just not been paying as much attention as I should. Helio poked me to remind me of this one.

I'll try and be more on the ball from now on.

carnage4u
28-09-2012, 07:20 PM
heh.

I have dropbox on my phone and I only check if new turns are added every 15 minutes or so.

Heliocentric
29-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Sorry for the delay. Will process this evening.

carnage4u
02-10-2012, 02:01 PM
amusing turn of events.

Skydancer
02-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Glad to have made some difference, finally.

carnage4u
02-10-2012, 03:36 PM
It will be intersting to see if the we (other players) will work together to stop you, or just hope someone else takes care of it.

you did ruin my attack on another player though, so that made me sad.

Dentharial
02-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Whabbawha?

I saw these comments at work and nearly commented that I was dreading coming home to see what was up, and then thought "Nah...how bad can it be?"

Oh.

Also, what does it mean that Ar'zazz is being tormented in hell?

Heliocentric
02-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Sky hired the beast, attacked panda, won the fight.

Either we kill his hq, recapture panda or lose in 5 turns. Carnage is sad that pandas closure clock blocked his vedetta on me.

Edit : Ar'zazz's stats have been reduced, that's the torment, it's an event.

Heliocentric
02-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Mantra wont be needing to worry about submitting his turns anymore.

Annoyingly, I'll still need to process after dying.

carnage4u
02-10-2012, 09:31 PM
that strat drops hurt. I didnt even see it pop up in the menu at all.. oh well.

Heliocentric
02-10-2012, 09:38 PM
that strat drops hurt. I didnt even see it pop up in the menu at all.. oh well.

We need to talk 0_o

Heliocentric
03-10-2012, 08:37 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090825051734/uncyclopedia/images/b/b6/Fail_cat.jpg

carnage4u
03-10-2012, 08:40 PM
i take it new turn and bad things happened?

Heliocentric
03-10-2012, 08:43 PM
i take it new turn and bad things happened?

My tower fell... I posted a picture and everything, what's not to understand?

carnage4u
05-10-2012, 01:08 PM
desvergeh - please save us from the bad man

desvergeh
05-10-2012, 02:50 PM
desvergeh - please save us from the bad man

Or I could just make a deal with Skittles for 2nd place, and help him wipe out the rest of you...

I think I will try the "save" option, as I can't actually see Skittles feeling that he needs me tbh! Personally I'm expecting to be next on the chopping block :(

carnage4u
05-10-2012, 03:18 PM
I think its his choice to kill me or you next. lol The beast may take out all players before turn 40 and where at this point he will probably auto win anyway.

2nd place in hell doesnt seem like a good thing. 1st or nothing, and I think for us, its nothing. lol

desvergeh
05-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Hehe yeah true, will try for 1st. I have a pretty strong habit for finishing 2nd in this game. Sometimes from brokering deals after things turn bad, sometimes from just not quite being good enough.

I was expecting to finish this game 2nd on a prestige win. So would seem normal in a way to end up 2nd on an usurption win too!

Every game I seem to learn something. This game I have figured out how the new "curse of..." artifacts and praetors work.

carnage4u
05-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Considering its my first game against "human" players I felt I was doing very well. I just was not prepared the chain of events that lead to our deaths. lol.

Heliocentric
05-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Considering its my first game against "human" players I felt I was doing very well. I just was not prepared the chain of events that lead to our deaths. lol.

TBH... I was either, and it was my kettling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettling)that lead to this.

Skydancer
06-10-2012, 12:51 AM
How did my beast get to fight the legion instead of the stronghold?

carnage4u
06-10-2012, 12:53 AM
I lived! and saved us all... down to 3 players. crazy..

desvergeh
06-10-2012, 04:03 PM
How did my beast get to fight the legion instead of the stronghold?

Because I got lucky, anticipated the route you would take, and moved my legion in the way of the Beast.

Heliocentric
06-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Because I got lucky, anticipated the route you would take, and moved my legion in the way of the Beast.

He didnt fly there? DOH

Skydancer
07-10-2012, 01:48 AM
I did fly there. The beast has 2 move 3 flying, I really don't know why it died. Anyway, couldn't have stopped arzazz in time, should have been heading for his stronghold straight away as was my original plan, instead of menacing both him and desvergeh (who I could have delayed some other way).

carnage4u
08-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Its going to be a close and interseting end. While I managed to survive and not die, i wasnt able to get any many Places of power over the last turn or two when they opened up. With the gaming coming to an end at any moment I will say its been a blast and howerver it ends, I've had fun.

Heliocentric
08-10-2012, 05:24 PM
I can assume people's interest in another match? Short, long? Big small?

carnage4u
08-10-2012, 06:20 PM
If most of the time, we can keep to 1 turn a day, I would be up for a longer (15 turn) game. the expansion options seem like a default feature to use. Standard Pop seem good to (but honestly would play with any option there).

Skydancer
08-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Yup, up for another match.

Heliocentric
08-10-2012, 07:18 PM
All Hail the grand lord with the most imaginative name Desvergeh, now we all unite to face the tyrant.

Dentharial
09-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Well done to desvergeh for winning, carnage4u for a no doubt annoyingly close second place, and to Skydancer for such a daring and almost victorious play to win from so far behind.

I'd love another game, of pretty much any settings. I haven't tried out enough to know what I like more yet, and I really just want to experiment and see if I can do better.

desvergeh
09-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Cheers for the game.

Was a close one. Skydancer almost got the usurption win, and I had assumed Carnage had more secret prestige than me, I was lucky to be able to afford the dodgy portrait on the last turn.

Definitely up for another, don't mind whichever settings are chosen.

Will try a different build as well I think.

Heliocentric
09-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Cheers for the game.

Was a close one. Skydancer almost got the usurption win, and I had assumed Carnage had more secret prestige than me, I was lucky to be able to afford the dodgy portrait on the last turn.

Definitely up for another, don't mind whichever settings are chosen.

Will try a different build as well I think.

Okay, Who fancies a long one? (20 tokens?) remember, nothing is stopping you kicking down pandemoniums door on turn 5. Remember 20 tokens is not "twice as long" as 10 tokens as tokens run faster the more that are drawn.

Dentharial
09-10-2012, 12:27 PM
I have a question about mechanics.

Somewhere in the middle of Skittles's rampage of terror, I offered to become Ar'zazz's Blood Vassal, figuring I could give him permissions to move through my territory to take on the heretic, and I'd secure myself a nifty 2nd place into the bargain. Although he never replied to my PM (*shakey fist*) I tried to offer it in-game anyway, but couldn't find where the hell you do it.

My best guess was that it was under the Diplomatic Interactions, but I couldn't seem to do anything there.

So 2 questions:
How do you become a Blood Vassal?
And are all diplomatic actions disallowed when you have heretics running amok?

Heliocentric
09-10-2012, 12:33 PM
you need to have half the cantons and half the prestiege, the other player must accept an invite sent by the vassal, remember there are reasons to refuse with "power" behind the throne.

And are all diplomatic actions disallowed when you have heretics running amok?Yeah, essentially pandemonium cannot process the diplomatics if it is conquered.

Remember sometimes you attack panda not to conquer it but to become excommunicated so you can kill everyone else. That wouldn't block everyone else's diplomacy.

carnage4u
09-10-2012, 01:30 PM
I have a question about mechanics.

Somewhere in the middle of Skittles's rampage of terror, I offered to become Ar'zazz's Blood Vassal, figuring I could give him permissions to move through my territory to take on the heretic, and I'd secure myself a nifty 2nd place into the bargain. Although he never replied to my PM (*shakey fist*) I tried to offer it in-game anyway, but couldn't find where the hell you do it.

My best guess was that it was under the Diplomatic Interactions, but I couldn't seem to do anything there.

So 2 questions:
How do you become a Blood Vassal?
And are all diplomatic actions disallowed when you have heretics running amok?

I have come to this forum about 20 times a day. I just saw now where the PM notification window is. Nice and small and in the top corner :( (i fixed the settings so I will be alerted multiple ways next time- i had many messages I had accidentally overlooked)

I did not get any notification in game though.

I would be up for a LONG game.

Heliocentric
09-10-2012, 01:41 PM
I would be up for a LONG game.

Check out "Fry with that" you ignorant bastard.

Dentharial
09-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I couldn't send the request in-game because Skittles was currently busy torturing all the bureaucrats that we needed to do the paperwork for it. Guess I should have still pursued it afterwards to try and edge into that 2nd place, as my 100ish prestige would have easily secured victory for whoever I allied with.

Skydancer
09-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Next time, next time...