PDA

View Full Version : [Mission] New domi variant by Hawk Silk

Bodge
30-07-2012, 09:48 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?00u5zlom4486tb8

it is on server now.

It is quite hefty so you might want to dl it before connecting if there are a few trying to connect.

Use this thread for comments and suggestions to allow us/him to fine tune it to our needs.

Hawk_Silk
01-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Domination US Operations, is a somewhat different domination to what you maybe used to.

Features include:

Up to 65 players.
Fast rope from UH-60 Black Hawks.
A-10 with ability to change loadout to suit mission needs.
LRRP kit on some vehicles.
Friendly forces may be encountered.
Deployable UAV.
Deployable AC-130. (Off by default)
Advanced aircraft and missile system via Mando Missile. (Off by default)

Changelog v1.0

Mission .pbo size reduced to 17mb.
LRRP kit items no longer duplicate per player.
FACV will now deploy when told to do so.
Mando Missile now correctly activates on both server and client when activated.
Commander deployable UAV amount reduced to 3 per commander.
Commander deployable AC-130 amount reduced to 1 per commander.
Respawning ATV's added to base for faster base movement. (added by request)

New direct link : http://www.mediafire.com/?2y9bjqauulb9qaz (password is the same as the server)

Any problems, comments, requests or general feedback welcomed.

Regards Hawk.

Bodge
02-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Good job with the base attack warning :D

We need to think of ways to help FPS. Less objects may help some and allow for easier movement around base while maintaining the feel of a base.

Phalanx
02-08-2012, 01:03 AM
This map gets the Phalanx seal of approval.

(It just needs fast rope from Littlebirds, then it'll be perfect)

jRides
02-08-2012, 11:07 AM
ATVs near the respawn barracks to allow the shorter legged members to get from the barracks to the flag or helipad which is like miles and miles away.

Its handy the barracks are where they are, right next door to the armoury.

Also; fast roping from littlebirds is a surefire winner, it would elevate this map from being merely excellent to LEGENDARY..

Hawk_Silk
02-08-2012, 11:23 AM
ATVs near the respawn barracks to allow the shorter legged members to get from the barracks to the flag or helipad which is like miles and miles away.

Its handy the barracks are where they are, right next door to the armoury.

200 - 300 meters is NOT "miles and miles away", really what's the problem? You are a soldier, you need to stay on top in physical fitness... Jokes aside I've already added more ATVs opposite the Armoury.

Also; fast roping from littlebirds is a surefire winner, it would elevate this map from being merely excellent to LEGENDARY..

I've already told both of you NO WAY!

Ok, ok how about a compromise?

How about I look into adding the ability to use your weapon from the MH-6J sideboards instead? No promises I can do it. Even if I succeed be warned the animations won't make much sense, afterall this is a Domination that does not require mods.

Regards Hawk.

Joe_Robins
02-08-2012, 01:15 PM
I've already told both of you NO WAY!

Out of curiosity, what is the reason for not adding this?

It would be super awesome and I don't see an obvious negative aspect to it.

Wafflynumber
02-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Needs more ac130 :)

jRides
02-08-2012, 01:38 PM

I think Hawk said it was a script thing (rather than a design thing). But its fun to keep badgering him about it.

SuperÜ
02-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Can't wait to try this when I get home!

Wolfenswan
02-08-2012, 03:16 PM
This map gets the Phalanx seal of approval.

(It just needs fast rope from Littlebirds, then it'll be perfect)

You have to think outside the box man. I demand fastroping from C-130s while they are flying. Also ejector seats in every vehicle from ATV to tank.

SuperÜ
02-08-2012, 07:38 PM
You have to think outside the box man. I demand fastroping from C-130s while they are flying.

Now you have made me want to re-enact the coolest scenes from batman!

Hawk_Silk
02-08-2012, 09:05 PM

JRides is indeed correct it is a script thing, I did not write the Fast rope script all I did with it was make sure you can fast rope without falling to your death in MP. I possably could reverse engineer the script to make a Littlebird version. However I don't feel like doing so at this time, and most importantly It is not my script.

You have to think outside the box man. I demand fastroping from C-130s while they are flying. Also ejector seats in every vehicle from ATV to tank.

OH GOD MAN! Don't give them ideas like that to bug me about.

Regards Hawk.

Wolfenswan
03-08-2012, 11:20 AM
I did not write the Fast rope script all I did with it was make sure you can fast rope without falling to your death in MP.

Am I right that the problem with the revive abuse comes from making the player invincible?

Hawk_Silk
03-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Am I right that the problem with the revive abuse comes from making the player invincible?

I think that is the problem yes, but in tests done on a non-dedicated server without the damage EventHandler I added people just die once they hit the ground.

Might be worth removing the damage EventHandler and testing it on the server later with someone.

Regards Hawk.

Wolfenswan
03-08-2012, 05:45 PM
I was thinking maybe it would work to use a while loop that checks the z level of the unit lowered and while it's >0 it just does setPos' the unit over and over again with the z level -0.1 ?

harakka
06-08-2012, 06:30 PM
I just got a new vidya card and thought I'd test online play with something fairly taxing, and thus I hopped on the server and loaded this mission up. Got into an A-10, as I'm wont to do when I just want to kill stuff, turned on server FPS monitoring with #monitor and buzzed an AO (happened to be Rasman). The server FPS dropped from 40-50 range to about 20. From client perspective this had my FPS going from about 18 to 8. This may be a bit problematic play-wise.

On the plus side, I love the angry A-10 paint job.