PDA

View Full Version : [Mission] fkco_co80_poctalon - fully dynamic CSAR/TRAP mission

Wolfenswan
03-08-2012, 05:33 PM
So after several half-arsed attempts I've finally finished my first fully dynamic mission.

Overview
Somewhere in Chernarus a Mi-8 carrying valuable intel has been shot down by Guerillas. A russian platoon is mobilized to locate and secure the crash site. Once the data has been downloaded and picked up they have to exfil again. During the entire process Guerillas will assault the crash site on foot and in light vehicles.

While the mission's intended to be played with a focus on the regular Squads and 30+ players it also supports lower playercounts and different playstyles thanks to the optional stuff (see below)

Features:
- fully dynamic (Wreck location, enemy spawn)
- supports player count from <10 to 60+
- all the amenities of F2
- different levels of difficulty
- optional stuff:

Spetsnatz Fireteams with the ability to halo jump
A grounded MVP Fireteam without maps or GPS (think Jolly Green); however the grounded pilot can broadcast the estimated location to the rest of the troops
hilarious KA-137 UAV

- hours and hours of family friendly entertainment
- easily ported to other maps, matter of merging and editing units

Used Scripts
F2
Shuko's (LDDK) random position finder
Head's wave script (modified, improved and also fixed because your QA sucks Head)

ToDo:
- Adversarial Version (fairly trivial)
- Stresstests and maybe balancing.
- Maybe restrict the download to certain units and only allow the pilot to broadcast the location within 50m of the Wreck.
- Maybe ACRE version
- Maybe include "ambient" (i.e. not headed for the Wreck) EI in 1-3k around the Wreck.

Halop
03-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Seems sweet! When do you plan to mass-test it?

Wolfenswan
03-08-2012, 07:10 PM
First stresstest at 8:45 CET / 7:45 BST today.

Wolfenswan
03-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the help in testing, the errors we've encountered should now be fixed. As a bonus there are now ambient animals about.

Head
04-08-2012, 12:44 PM
you make me sad.

obviously no bugs were caught because no bugs were reported :( because... noone used it.

Wolfenswan
04-08-2012, 01:05 PM
obviously no bugs were caught because no bugs were reported :( because... noone used it.

see? it's just tough love i'm giving you.