PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars 2 Where do you plan to spend your time

Timofee
05-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Where do you plan spending most of your time? Clearly there's 3 main choices in Classic PvE, World v World and Structured PvP

For the sake of clarity I'd suggest we take predominantly to mean at least 75% of your time

Aedrill
05-08-2012, 10:59 PM
PvE and WvW most of the time but I will try to find a team for sPvP from time to time.

Bankrotas
05-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Honestly, I don't want to go to WvWvW till lvl 80, I want to learn my character and build it up, so predominately pve for start, then maybe mix of both.

Screwie
05-08-2012, 11:49 PM
I will certainly do all 3 but mainly PvE and WvW, so I chose that option. Not ruling sPvP out though.

Salix
06-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Like Screwie and Aedrill a little bit of everything, probably less of the sPvP.

Elro
06-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Shall be doing PvE mostly at least for the first few months, but will also dip into WvW and hopefully some sPvP aswell.

sendmark
06-08-2012, 01:06 AM
I selected WvW, although I expect to do everything except much endgame pve.

Kismet
06-08-2012, 07:21 AM
Went with 'A mix of PvE and WvW'. I'll most likely dabble in sPvP as well, but the other two formats are probably going to remain my main focus.

Squiz
06-08-2012, 07:24 AM
I'll mostly play PvE at the beginning. Like Bankrotas, I want to get a feeling for my character and also for the advanced controls (dodging, combos, etc.) before I do "real" PvP. But I'll group with you guys for WvWvW for sure, just maybe after having reached a higher level than during the beta weekends.

apricotsoup
06-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Early days PVE, later PVP, in between WvW. So everything in various doses.

That's the plan anyway, I'm sure it'll all change.

zanchito
06-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Mostly PvE, but I'd like to play some WvW / PvP with you guys.

noaru
06-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Early days PVE, later PVP, in between WvW. So everything in various doses.

That's the plan anyway, I'm sure it'll all change.

QFT

I'm sure we'll all have a mighty plan and at the first "ooooooh shiny!" moment it'll go down the drain.

That said, I plan to do hearts/events as they pop around, paired with exploring every nook and cranny of each area. Aside from this, jumping in WvWvW or dungeons is highly probable. I'm going to stay away from sPvP until I actually know how to play (as opposed to spamming illusions and running around like a headless chicken).

apricotsoup
06-08-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm fairly certain I will turn into a bit of a 100% whore in certain places, especially with uncovering the bits of the maps.

Squiz
06-08-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm fairly certain I will turn into a bit of a 100% whore in certain places, especially with uncovering the bits of the maps.Although I expect the game to be very rewarding in this respect the beta weekends made it obvious that getting 100% map completion on your own may be a daunting task. Tricky jumping puzzles (which are really fun!) and some fairly tough mobs will get into your way.

noaru
06-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Although I expect the game to be very rewarding in this respect the beta weekends made it obvious that getting 100% map completion on your own may be a daunting task. Tricky jumping puzzles (which are really fun!) and some fairly tough mobs will get into your way.

That's what friends, guildies and mesmers cheating with blink/portals are for!

Timofee
06-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Although I expect the game to be very rewarding in this respect the beta weekends made it obvious that getting 100% map completion on your own may be a daunting task. Tricky jumping puzzles (which are really fun!) and some fairly tough mobs will get into your way.

I think across BWE1/2 we 100%'d 5 areas, possibly 6. But yeah I can certainly agree that solo could be tricky in places. But that's what a guild is for! :D

Lightbulb
12-08-2012, 09:17 PM
I think PvE to level myself to 30 - possibly keep going if its fun then hop into WvWvW. I will mix in sPvP as well.

I think doing a bit of everything will keep me from burning out on it.

duff
13-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Initially it will be mainly PvE, but once I've seen much of the world it will be mainly both types of PvP.

Ian
21-08-2012, 02:43 PM
This seems as good a thread as any to ask an incredibly newbie-ish question:

How much is one likely to get out of the game if they're not interested in any form of PvP? I never played the first so I dunno what the balance is like. Group stuff I can enjoy provided people realise I'm probably not going to be especially good. D:

Malawi Frontier Guard
21-08-2012, 02:48 PM
You can completely ignore PvP. Unlike the first game, PvP is not considered "endgame".

You can level to 80 with only crafting if you so desire (well not really, but technically).