PDA

View Full Version : "One Traveler" -- Robert Frost's _The Road Not Taken_ Simulator

Berzee
30-06-2011, 02:15 PM
To make "One Traveler", long I stood
and typed one file as far as I could
to where it--nooo I don't think this metaphor is going to work out forget I said anything

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Berzee/one-traveler

I should very much like to know your views upon it, and hope that it may bring you minutes of quality entertainment.

amandachen
30-06-2011, 04:44 PM
It feels like a waste of time.

Sigh
30-06-2011, 06:46 PM
I can kind of appreciate the artsy flash games out there, but this just seems like a waste of time. I'm not sure if it even gets the point of the poem across successfully.

Berzee
30-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks for playing :D Waste of time because it's so slow, or just a waste regardless? =)

I'm not sure if it even gets the point of the poem across successfully.

Not in the slightest to be facetious -- I wonder why you think it fails to get the point across?
(Not entirely sure where any attempt at point-making stopped and I just started doing things to crack myself up, though, but still =)

You realize this is a big day for me, I can say with certainty that at least two people played my game! I'm well on my way!

lhzr
30-06-2011, 08:27 PM
i enjoyed this, despite the fact that i needed spoilers (reading the poem) to.. umm get past the first screen, heh.

the ending was funny and put me in a better mood that the last glass of beer did, so, for me, this wasn't a waste of time.
here's a quote for the eventual boxed release/trailer: it's better than a glass of beer!

Berzee
30-06-2011, 08:50 PM
for me, this wasn't a waste of time.
here's a quote for the eventual boxed release/trailer: it's better than a glass of beer!

Magnificent! ^_^ Can we also work in a sort of pun about "Frost-y" to go with the beer? Left as an exercise for the reader...

Kelron
01-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Perhaps I'm stupid, but I was unable to find this "not game over" screen even after reading the poem.

Sigh
01-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Not in the slightest to be facetious -- I wonder why you think it fails to get the point across?
(Not entirely sure where any attempt at point-making stopped and I just started doing things to crack myself up, though, but still =)

You realize this is a big day for me, I can say with certainty that at least two people played my game! I'm well on my way!

I guess I didn't realize that this was your game! I could have tried to sound less bitchy. I went back and played the game, and I think I took it way too seriously. I went into critical English Student mode. I enjoyed the game a lot more, after I figured out the first scene. It was weird!

soldant
01-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Well, at least you're not asking people to pay for it... unlike some artdevs.

Berzee
01-07-2011, 01:51 PM
No worries, Sigh ;) Taking It Way Too Seriously is the classic way of approaching the poem too, so it's somehow fitting.

ALSO SOLDANT, please tell me the name of the webcomic that your avatar is from. I've been trying to remember the name of that for about 4 years now. That is all thankyou!

soldant
01-07-2011, 02:41 PM
ALSO SOLDANT, please tell me the name of the webcomic that your avatar is from.
Gone With the Blastwave! Wish the creator would actually do something with it, it's fairly inactive.

Berzee
01-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Gone With the Blastwave! Wish the creator would actually do something with it, it's fairly inactive.

WOOT! It is very inactive but there seem to be at least a few more than there were in '08 when I remember reading it last.

Thanks ever so much =)
I should make that GWTBW guy a secret unlockable character in One Traveler. You know -- for art. -__-

Berzee
06-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Taking the many and varied complaints into account, I have made a single, precise, game-changing improvement so that the first screen is 1 or 2 points less maddening.

If you found it pointless before, this will not change that. But if you found it unbeatable before, this may be the clue to the murder of your fun!