PDA

View Full Version : Stalker SoC random crash issue

Rossignol
01-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Hmm. Stalker SoC has stopped working since I rebuilt my PC. As you can imagine, this makes me unhappy.

Fresh install of Win 7 64-bit, latest graphics drivers. The other Stalker games run fine, but SoC dies on boot up.

Any suggestions?

Alex Bakke
01-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Hmm. Have you tried rolling back to the previous stable GPU drivers?

Mistabashi
01-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Have a look in c:\users\public\documents\stalker-shoc\logs\xray_username.log, it'll most likely point you in the right direction (look at the last few lines in particular).

Rossignol
01-07-2011, 02:10 PM
I have not. I might try that.

kataras
01-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Is it modded or vanilla?
If it's modded go to relevant GSC forum, they will probably have the solution.
I think SoC had problems with Creative soundcards? Not sure if it was fixed since then...
I had problems with NVidia's newest drivers with a heavily modded SoC.
If it is vanilla I don't know, try re-installing (not in Programmes folder) and a different patch? I think 4 or 5 are the most stable...
That's all I can think of.

Rossignol
01-07-2011, 02:53 PM
It's a fresh install of the game, yes. I've tried downloading it from Steam and running it from the disc. Neither are stable.

Mistabashi
01-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Post the error log into pastebin.com - you'll save yourself a whole lot of time if you actually have some clue as to what's causing the crash.

EDIT: just remembered with Steam the log is located at ...steamapps\stalker-shoc\_appdata_\logs\xray_username.log

airtekh
01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Have you tried installing the Complete mod?

I was worried about bugs the first time I played SoC so I installed that to get rid of most of them. Hardly saw any during my playthrough.

Rossignol
01-07-2011, 03:25 PM
I think I've discovered the issue: I somehow had it installed twice. Removed both installs and tried it again, and it appears to be working. Just patching/modding now to be sure.

kataras
01-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Nice, what mod are you gonna use? As nice as Complete might be, it s a shame not to look at some of the Russian ones in the GSC forums... Been meaning to try more of them but my current one takes so long to finish...

Jams O'Donnell
01-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Pfft, there he goes, showing how he's rich beyond measure by having two copies of everything.

solipsistnation
01-07-2011, 04:05 PM
I for one am glad my subscription money is being used thus.

Next please acquire at least five copies of Pathologic and install them all at once. Can't hurt, right?

westyfield
01-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Next please acquire at least five copies of Pathologic and install them all at once. Can't hurt, right?

I think it's like raising a negative number to a power. Five should be ok, but four or six will cancel out.