PDA

View Full Version : Aksed to verify my emails address on signin and now can't login?

Lightbulb
21-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Anyone else get prompted with this when the signed into the stress test?

Seems like you need to verify the change with a link in the email (takes a while as its probably got a lot of people doing it right now, then you need to sign in to the website). Will update further when I get it to work...

meloncrab
21-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Yep, I'm in the same boat here.

Lightbulb
21-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Got a verification email now. Failed to load. Will keep trying. Looks like it should get sorted out anyways...

hal9000
21-08-2012, 08:31 PM
I was prompted with a "send verification email" in GW2 client. I didn't receive any email in a couple of minutes, so I clicked login on client with my credentials and got in the game.

Screwie
21-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I was prompted with a "send verification email" in GW2 client. I didn't receive any email in a couple of minutes, so I clicked login on client with my credentials and got in the game.

This happened to me.

I quit the client, tried again and I did get the verification email this time. Either way I've had no trouble logging in.

Lightbulb
21-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Got a second confirmation email which worked first time...

Odd... But logged in now.

Bankrotas
21-08-2012, 08:56 PM
I got instant mail.

Maurish
21-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Got my network address authenticated as well. It's good that they're increasing the security.

Squiz
21-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Had the same issue. Asked for a second link/email which then worked. Annoying but only a temporary issue it seems.

Milos
21-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Did anyone here change the email from the old GW one? And if so did the email get sent to the old email or the new one?

Because I can't access the old one and yet I didn't get anything sent to me on the new address. On top of that when I try to log in it the launcher says I've entered the wrong password which is not the case, so now I can't log in.

Edit: OK never mind. I changed my password and entered the new one and yet it still said it was wrong. Then I changed it for the second time and I first logged in right there one account.guildwars2.com and then into the launcher and it worked. So I guess if anyone gets into the same type of problem, try logging in to their website first.

BobbyFizz
21-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Same.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/stress/account/unable-to-login (https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/stress/account/unable-to-login)
is the best place to post this stuff.

Did anyone here change the email from the old GW one? And if so did the email get sent to the old email or the new one?

Because I can't access the old one and yet I didn't get anything sent to me on the new address. On top of that when I try to log in it the launcher says I've entered the wrong password which is not the case, so now I can't log in.

Your new email will get sent the auth email. That's now the email you log in with.

Edit: Also, they've added an hour to the stress test so there's hope yet.

manveruppd
22-08-2012, 02:49 AM

Edit: OK never mind. I changed my password and entered the new one and yet it still said it was wrong. Then I changed it for the second time and I first logged in right there one account.guildwars2.com and then into the launcher and it worked. So I guess if anyone gets into the same type of problem, try logging in to their website first.
Ah, shame I didn't see your post, I couldn't log in after changing my email but I didn't think to try logging into their website first! Do you mean the forum or is there some other account management page now?

Don't worry about the email, I can confirm that the confirmation email goes to the new email you specify, not the old one! Which is kinda pointless when you think about it, it's basically a gift for account hackers! :D But I guess they simply had too many people like you and me who no longer have access to their GW1 emails. Hope they change it at some point though!

Squiz
22-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Although this seems like a bit of a security problem, personally I am very happy to have been able to change my email address, given that I didn't use my old one for anything besides logging in to GW1.

Lightbulb
22-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Same.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/stress/account/unable-to-login (https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/stress/account/unable-to-login)
is the best place to post this stuff.

Your new email will get sent the auth email. That's now the email you log in with.

Edit: Also, they've added an hour to the stress test so there's hope yet.

Best place to post is the forum I can't log in to?

I agreed! But then I wouldn't need to post it... :p

----

Joking aside I think it just need patience. I have about 12 emails asking me to verify the login location now. I think the server was just over loaded.

All working fine now.

harhis23
28-08-2012, 01:26 AM
It's just one of the issues Guild Wars 2 gamers are facing. I have a different problem so I tried finding solutions, found nothing for now. I just finished reading an article from an Australian gaming community (http://www.gamearena.com.au/news/read.php/5114959) and it seems like we really have to go through all these.

But I think the two-week free server transfers could be a great help in solving these issues, don't you think?

Wolfenswan
28-08-2012, 10:47 AM
I have about 10 "Verify Email" Mails in my inbox from the last two days. None of the links they provided ever worked.