PDA

View Full Version : Structured PvP

vee41
30-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Oi!

Has anyone done any structured PvP? I know there must be some smelly nerd there with a calculator and thick glasses RIGHT NOW calculating the perfect thief DPS build.. And we absolutely must go and smack him around!

Anyways. Never tried it myself but think I'll dive in tonight. Has anyone been playing or might we even have active bunch that plays together?

apricotsoup
30-08-2012, 08:52 AM
I jumped in for the first time since beta with my warrior and it was great funs.

Tried a fairly balanced build but I was still racking up the kills, then again I was the only person calling targets and things.

Definitely up for a little group play if we get round to it.

Beard Of Bees
30-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Definitely up for this when I've actually had some time to play and get used to the way the game works! I'll probably jump in over the next couple of weeks but I haven't really had too much time to play yet and want to get the handle on the combat mechanics and trait builds etc before doing sPVP.

zanchito
30-08-2012, 10:10 AM
I may try this, holler me if you see me ingame, pls.

manveruppd
30-08-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm visiting my parents and my ping is abysmal here, but I expect I'll be doing a lot of sPvP from mid-September onwards when I leave.

Powernoodles
30-08-2012, 03:54 PM
probably done 50 orso tournaments if not more since launch

if you want that thief build you are reffering too i can give you ;p

played most professions and mesmer wins hands down, with support/control warrior being a close second

when playing one of these two professions i also felt my teammates professions had the least impact and i could 'carry' the game

weither there are 3 necros, 2 rangers and an engineer, whatever really, dps is dps and it all brings very similar impact to the game.

provided you have the control from the warrior/removal and counter from the mesmer you barely feel a difference in terms of what kind of dps your mates are rolling

just dont send conditiontype dps to kill enemy trebuchet caus theyll still be trying to kill it at the end of the match xD

Lightbulb
30-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I will play the sPvP a lot in the long term but have only played a handful of games so far.

It hasn't quite clicked with me yet - but I think it would go better with a semi-organised team, especially if we are on voice comms.