PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me name a PC shooter game please?

uk_john
02-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Hi there!

I remember a couple years ago a small developer came out with a shooter/fighting hybrid. I think the main character had a long magic or technology based pole he used, and had a female partner that ran around with him. It was third person, but may have had first person hand to hand combat. It was based on a very weird planet and the inhabitants were quite strange aliens too. The closest I could come to it would be the look of Precursors by Deep Shadows, the makers of Boiling Point. I think Precursors, and maybe this game I am looking for had "organic" weapons? Or at least used animal parts as ammo?

The game had a very weird name too. A name that didn't have any sense. so rather than "adventures on a strange planet", it had a nonsensical name like Zygbiion.

I believe it was available on PC and 360 but only as a download.

I have a stinking suspicion it was mentioned on this site, but without knowing the name, I cannot search for it!

I appreciate any help you can give me on this. As it really is bugging me!

Thanks in advance!

Giaddon
02-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Zeno Clash?

Rii
02-07-2011, 01:21 PM
It sounds like something Capcom would make.

ezekiel2517
02-07-2011, 01:32 PM
It sounds a lot like Zeno Clash:

Lightbulb
02-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Kinda sounds like Zeno Clash but not quite... Nothing else springing to mind though.

uk_john
02-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Wow! Got the answer in about 10 mins! Thanks guys - you are spot on! I knew a lot about the gameplay, so hopefully that helped you all, but without a game name I was stumped for how to find it!

Thanks everyone - right first time and a weight of my mind - now off to You Tube to see a couple video's and then to Steam or wherever to download! It was just one of these games I wanted to get, but other titles kept getting in the way! :)

Kablooie
02-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Zeno Crash - I never could get that stinker to run ><

ezekiel2517
02-07-2011, 02:12 PM
It's quite a unique game, so have fun.

tomeoftom
02-07-2011, 02:36 PM
It's more than "quite unique"; it's a parade for the joys of imagination - bursting with amazing characters, stories, and scenes. It's also a really solid and satisfying fighting game. Definitelydefinitely buy it.

uk_john
02-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks again everyone - only $5 on Steam,so will have to go for it! :)

This is why it popped back into my mind, because there are just to many game clones out now - grey corridor shooters, elves and mages in rpg's and those sports cars going around in circles!

Cooper
02-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Buy it! Play it!

I can promise you that you'll enjoy it.

CuriousOrange
02-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Worth noting that while obviously inferior, the 360 version does have coop which is pretty neat.