PDA

View Full Version : Defender's Quest GOLD just launched!

larsiusprime
30-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Hey everyone!

Since you guys seemed interested the last time I posted, I just wanted to let you know Defender's Quest version 1.0 just launched today. If you already have the game, just run it and it should detect the auto-update.

Here's our launch trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKe54cEGYto

The free demo, as always, is available here, in browser as well as win/mac/linux forms:
www.defendersquest.com/play_demo.html

And the full version can be obtained here:
www.defendersquest.com/buy.html

We'll be launching version 1.0 on Steam/Desura/Impulse/GamersGate "soon", as well as on Kongregate, but Anthony (lead designer) and I (lead programmer) are headed off to PAX this weekend so that'll have to wait.

Hope you guys enjoy it! We've already patched the first few bugs people noticed that somehow slipped through testing, so it should be pretty stable! If you have any problems, hit up the support page on our website:

www.defendersquest.com/support.html (http://www.defendersquest.com/support.html)

Thanks so much to everyone in the Rock, Paper, Shotgun community, for giving such great attention to a tiny team of dorks like us :)

deano2099
30-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Awesome, have been looking forward to this.

Wheelz
30-08-2012, 10:32 PM
sweet, seems like a good enough reason to finally get around to finishing the game.

ZIGS
30-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Great, I might replay it. This game is awesome

Oshada
31-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

I was having a Game of Thrones themed playthrough but I'll start it again for this!

Edit: Oops, I forgot I reformatted my laptop... download links have expired :( I sent an email to Level Up Labs though. Hopefully I get a new link soon.

Revisor
02-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Congratulations for the milestone and I wish you a lot of success.
Defender's Quest is the best tower defense I've ever played and I played a lot of them.

arathain
02-09-2012, 09:13 PM
On the last thread I said this game had failed to strike a chord, but since then I went back and gave it more time, and it's growing on me.

Carra
08-09-2012, 11:56 PM
I hope this gives you a bunch of new sales.

Defende's quest is an awesome game. Definately one of the best tower defense games I've ever played. Plus, it's humorous!

GunnerMcCaffrey
09-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Seriously lovely game. This and Defense Grid are, to me, what justifies the genre.

Hordriss
09-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Woohoo! I've been looking forward to this!

larsiusprime
09-09-2012, 08:34 PM
FYI everyone:

We've had a bunch of bug reports coming and and we've already fixed some of the worst problems people have been reporting and will try to stay on top of it as things move forward. The next patch will come out Monday (tomorrow) and will fix, among other things:

1) "Damage queue" bug - where damage resolution is delayed, and keeps going even when paused
2) Berserker-insta-death-to-porcupine - related to the above, when porcupine damage would resolve minutes later
3) Incorrect star count - game was ignoring sidequests in new game+ for star counts, so you couldn't get 201 stars

And various other tweaks/fixes. We'll be supporting this game for as long as we can afford to. Also, I'm working on documentation for the mod support and should be able to post that publicly pretty soon, so people can have some guidance for how to make their own mods without having to blindly reverse-engineer my crazy file structure. :)

ZIGS
09-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Out of curiosity, can you tell us if the game sold well?

Revisor
09-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Or rather "sells".

deano2099
09-09-2012, 10:16 PM
FYI everyone

I can't get the rewards from Endless 1 for some reason - possibly as I played the old Endless 1 and got quite far, so the new version is doing something odd - never got the rewards on the old version either.

ZIGS
10-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Or rather "sells".

I obviously meant if the game sold well up to this point in time

Matzerath
10-09-2012, 12:43 AM
I can't speak for the developer, but I gather it was a success story as far as 'sold only from own site' games go.