PDA

View Full Version : Team Bondi Reborn! And Bring Us New Game "Whore of the Orient"

squirrel
31-08-2012, 02:46 PM
The developer of the great game L.A. Noire, went into liquidation last year, is now reborn, and is tasked to bring us a new work "Whore of the Orient", with Shanghai as its story background, yahoo~~~~~~~~

Shanghai is a really great city. I work in one of its satellite towns and more than once per week I will have to work in downtown too. I am telling you this is such a shiny city in the east you will never be bored of. Great eastern city like Tokyo or Osaka may be too expensive for you, then come here, you won't be disappointed, I guarantee that.

The story will be in 1930s, at the time Shanghai was referred to as the "Pearl of the East", even shiner than Tokyo. The Hongkonger stole the title after the war, but we will retake it someday.

Here is the IGN report on this great news.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/30/la-noire-devs-new-game-whore-of-the-orient-is-next-gen?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Video%2BAnnotation
www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8My05kLCzY&feature=relmfu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8My05kLCzY&feature=relmfu)

BTW if you paid attention while playing LA Noire, you would notice that the Chinese Civil War in the late 1940s was briefly mentioned, and Cole was wondering who would win that war.

johnki
31-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Honestly, after hearing about the overworking of employees, I can't say I'm excited for the team to come back.

random_guy
31-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Yay, this sounds exciting, too bad it could be a while til it comes out. I want to see what Team Bondi can do to build on some of the mechanics etc established in LA Noire.

squirrel
31-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Honestly, after hearing about the overworking of employees, I can't say I'm excited for the team to come back.

Oh, that's a real bummer.

gundato
31-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah, Team Bondi basically treated their employees like garbage AND mismanaged time and funds horrendously. So they have a LOT to answer for if they want any good will.

SirKicksalot
31-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah, Team Bondi basically treated their employees like garbage AND mismanaged time and funds horrendously. So they have a LOT to answer for if they want any good will.

KMM does the same thing. Nothing will change.

Ravelle
31-08-2012, 04:23 PM
I want a game set in Chicago around the year 1930. We already have sleeping dogs for the Asian five thing. :)

Nalano
31-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Oh, that's a real bummer.

Seriously. If it's the same management team, then fuck it. They got rid of most of their programmers anyway. There's a reason R* basically washed their hands of Bondi, and playing something with Brendan McNamara's name on it just feels dirty.

Xercies
31-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Oooo its got the same guy who was accused of being the problem the last time, expect it to take 7 years to make and have people complain about eternal crunch afterwords...