PDA

View Full Version : Planetside 2 Beta - The NDA is Down, thought you might fancy a look. :)

Axyl
01-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Woop! So SO Happy the NDA is lifted.. Have been itching to wibble about the game since forages..

What with Planetside 2 Beta keys being, at times, rarer than Rocking Horse Poop, there are a huge amount of people who haven't had chance to check it out as yet.

Well, with that in mind, combined with the fact that I REALLY love making crappy videos for Youtube.. I figured I'd post this here at RPS.

I really hope you don't mind me posting this as I am aware that it's somewhat selfserving.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the vid, and please feel free to remove this post if you see fit. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIUCgOOPtDE

Short version... OMG THE GAME IS AMAZING... If this is what it's like Buggy, Broken and So Very Unfinished.. I cannot wait to see where it's at 2 years from now..

Mohorovicic
01-09-2012, 08:23 PM
SPOILER: he teabags

Axyl
01-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Had to be done.. just once. :)

grasskit
01-09-2012, 09:25 PM
to get beta keys go http://www.curse.com/betas/planetside-2-beta-key
use proxy if youre not in NA

TixyLixx
01-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Played it, nothing like Planetside, uninstalled.

CWalker
01-09-2012, 10:35 PM
to get beta keys go http://www.curse.com/betas/planetside-2-beta-key
use proxy if youre not in NA

EDIT Disregard, apparently there's none left anyways

Cooper
01-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Played it, nothing like Planetside, uninstalled.Yeah. I felt exactly the same when I played Quake 3 Arena.

Ayam
02-09-2012, 12:34 AM
I feel an amazing amount of stunning videos will come out on PS2 because there are some crazy occurrences. This is a fantastic moment from last night with the ARPS heads - watch and you'll see what causes the galaxy to SPEEEEN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODzvC0fMOMw&feature=youtu.be

I've also got a tank convoy video in the wings but that was more cool than effective in the end. More vids of crazy shiznit, people, please!

laneford
02-09-2012, 02:50 AM
I feel an amazing amount of stunning videos will come out on PS2...

I got well excited when you said PS2. Nostalgia bomb. :(

motherpuncher
02-09-2012, 04:27 AM
Cursed had keys...had being the key term (no pun intended).

Fuuuuu

AgamemnonV1
02-09-2012, 06:35 AM
EDIT Disregard, apparently there's none left anyways
Generally what I've seen with any PS2 beta key giveaway--they're all gone in the first hour.

People say to sub to Smedley's twitter feed and get tweetdeck and wait like a tiger stalking its prey.

Vicious
02-09-2012, 09:32 PM
snip
2potscreama, is it possibly you?

Bleekill
03-09-2012, 02:27 AM

Haha, stay in the past I guess. I think PS2 looks awesome, it's like a bigger, badder and persistent battlefield.

Sparkasaurusmex
03-09-2012, 03:27 AM
You know if the running speed is upgradable? Also, is this F2P?
Looks like Battlefield meets Planetside. Intriguing...

Bleekill
03-09-2012, 06:28 AM
It's f2p. I'm not in the beta so I don't know about the running speed being upgradable. It seems possible since it's like a mmo.

Bungle
03-09-2012, 07:35 AM

That's because this one is Planetside 2! I'm not sure why you'd want an exact remake of a failed 10 year old game anyway.

Utnac
03-09-2012, 01:21 PM
I feel an amazing amount of stunning videos will come out on PS2 because there are some crazy occurrences. This is a fantastic moment from last night with the ARPS heads - watch and you'll see what causes the galaxy to SPEEEEN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODzvC0fMOMw&feature=youtu.be

I've also got a tank convoy video in the wings but that was more cool than effective in the end. More vids of crazy shiznit, people, please!

Might've been a nice video if you hadn't had a nerdgasm halfway through.

Unaco
03-09-2012, 03:24 PM

That's the best part. Also, confirmation that Egg causes any flying vehicle he touches to crash.

Axyl
04-09-2012, 04:56 AM
2potscreama, is it possibly you?

Who? No.. I'm me. Check my Sig for other places I'm found. :)

Patrick Swayze
04-09-2012, 09:38 AM
We all have geekgasms like that once in a while!

But yeah loving the Beta, not often finding people who want to work together though :|

Alex Bakke
04-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Will dance naked for key :(

Ayam
04-09-2012, 11:25 AM
I make those noises at least twice a minute, though, even outside of gaming sessions. I suggest if you see my name in mumble, stay well clear of that channel, brother!

Qazwsk
05-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Looks like another beta key giveaway coming up here:
http://ign.com/prime/promo/planetside2

4th for Prime members, 7th for Regular members as I understand it.

(Also posted this in the Social club thread)

AgamemnonV1
05-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Looks like another beta key giveaway coming up here:
http://ign.com/prime/promo/planetside2

4th for Prime members, 7th for Regular members as I understand it.

(Also posted this in the Social club thread)
We shall see. Considering how often they seem to hand out beta keys, I'm a little irate that I'm still not in the beta yet.

Axyl
05-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Been having the most obscene amount of fun lately..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkKtpozPVyE

:D :D

Gorzan
05-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Want in, want in so hard.

downgrade
05-09-2012, 11:55 PM
I have a key I'm not going to use. First to PM me gets it.

edit: gone

Gorzan
06-09-2012, 12:10 AM
Nevermind, fixed my problems, see you on the battlefield.

Alex Bakke
06-09-2012, 11:32 AM
If you pay $8 and sign up to IGN Prime you can get a key. OR you can wait until tomorrow, sign up for IGN as a regular user, and get one anyway!

AgamemnonV1
06-09-2012, 01:35 PM
If you pay $8 and sign up to IGN Prime you can get a key. OR you can wait until tomorrow, sign up for IGN as a regular user, and get one anyway!
Like I said, we'll see. Chances are they'll run out of keys in the first 30 minutes once it goes live for all users.

Finicky
07-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Anyone know when they'll give out the keys? 7 sept where and when? It's already the 7th where I live:p.

AlexClockwork
07-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Anyone know when they'll give out the keys? 7 sept where and when? It's already the 7th where I live:p.

That's just my question too...

AgamemnonV1
07-09-2012, 06:08 AM
1AM East Coast here, still not up for the rest of the peasants yet.

Qazwsk
07-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Another key giveaway, runs 8th-10th limited amount
http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaw...-key-giveaway/ (http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/planetside-2-beta-key-giveaway/)

Finicky
07-09-2012, 05:35 PM
still nothing on the ign thing?

Splynter
07-09-2012, 05:42 PM
still nothing on the ign thing?

Still seems to be exclusive to Prime members. The 'Get my Beta Key' button just redirects to a Prime subscription page.

jyden
07-09-2012, 05:55 PM
There's an "Alpha Squad" package available from SOE (http://www.planetside2.com/alpha-squad) now - It includes instant beta access, some SOE points and a few other things.

Splynter
07-09-2012, 06:01 PM
IGN promo is working now, redeeming my key now.

EDIT:

The download wait begins. I'm giddy as a schoolgirl!

AlexClockwork
07-09-2012, 06:21 PM
IGN promo is working now, redeeming my key now.

EDIT:

The download wait begins. I'm giddy as a schoolgirl!

Same here... XD

gundato
07-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Out already. Ah well, I have other stuff to play

Scratch that. The site said it was out, but IGN emailed me one. So bugger if I know, but looks like my weekend just got a lot more conflicted.

Hensler
07-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Hmmm... I wonder if IGN Prime members can still get keys even if they are "out of keys" ? I know it's silly to spend $15 on a Prime subscription just for a Planetside 2 key, but I'm a silly person. But I don't want to sign-up for the 3 months of Prime only to find out there are no keys. Hmm...

Sparkasaurusmex
07-09-2012, 07:02 PM
I assume they will continue to expand the beta's volume of players. When is the target release for F2P?

Mattressi
07-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Hmmm... I wonder if IGN Prime members can still get keys even if they are "out of keys" ? I know it's silly to spend $15 on a Prime subscription just for a Planetside 2 key, but I'm a silly person. But I don't want to sign-up for the 3 months of Prime only to find out there are no keys. Hmm...

Sent you a PM.

Winged Nazgul
07-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I assume they will continue to expand the beta's volume of players. When is the target release for F2P?

According to http://www.planetside2.com/alpha-squad

You will receive your in-game items upon the launch of PlanetSide 2, on or before December 31, 2012.

Rahabib
07-09-2012, 07:34 PM
ugh, I have a free weekend and would like to play this game. If anyone wants to trade for a firefall key let me know. I also have a Dust514 key if you happen to have a PS3.

Finicky
08-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Holy shit , holy wow the game looks incredible during night time.
Haven't been blown away like this since crysis in 2007.
I watched the totalbiscuit videos before but terrible youtube streaming quality really does not do this game justice.

The sheer sense of scale and amazingness when there are a lot of vehicles and AA guns and airships and infantry around a base is awesome.
First game to properly one up bf1942 for the sense of large scale combat and take it to another level.

Can't believe how well it runs either, maxed out (not sure if the final version 'll have better textures and other extra stuff, the client is pretty small atm) I get 30-60 fps (min-max) on my modest hd6870 and 3 core phenom II.

What a stark contrast to gw2... a game that looks primitive and outdated in comparison and runs like absolute ass regardless of graphics settings.

Question though: does the game use any kind of FXAA or blur? The image quality looks too soft to me.

The JG Man
08-09-2012, 02:28 AM
First game to properly one up bf1942 for the sense of large scale combat and take it to another level.

Setting aside scale, this is the kind of gameplay I wanted in BF3. The tone makes me reminisce for BF2142. This is currently the game that I want and I've played it for maybe an hour and a bit. So damn good.

Axyl
08-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Question though: does the game use any kind of FXAA or blur? The image quality looks too soft to me.

It has Motion Blur but I disabled it, as I do in every game I play. Motion Blur is a revolting visual effect imo.
I have FXAA and TXAA force enabled via the nVidia Control Panel (God Bless the GTX 680) which really sets it all off imo. :)

Finicky
08-09-2012, 03:48 AM
Setting aside scale, this is the kind of gameplay I wanted in BF3. The tone makes me reminisce for BF2142. This is currently the game that I want and I've played it for maybe an hour and a bit. So damn good.

Pretty much, conquest was all about getting behind enemy lines, taking their back up spawnpoints cutting off reinformcements to the front line so your team can move up (and the maps were designed for that purpose).
BF3 maps have exactly none of that, zero , zilch ...talk about missing the point of what made a game good. If you get cut off from spawning who cares the points are all within spitting distance from eachother anyhow (lol operation firestorm).

This game has the whole strategic and rewarding zone control/frontline eb and flow in spades thankfully.

Will just have to see how the netcode holds up and if the gunplay is good(didn't get to shoot enough people to find out yet).

The air vehicles seem very interesting too with a pretty deep learning curve at first glance(throttle, hovering speeds based on how far you pitch your vehicle, being able to lift your nose to lose speed fast etc).
This kind of variety and nuance made bf1942 and dc feel ever so good, and was completely missing from the original bf: vietnam and is also completely missing from bf3 (the planes and helicopters fly like jetpack mechs)

Mohorovicic
08-09-2012, 08:35 AM
The tone makes me reminisce for BF2142.

Heh. "Gay BF2142" was my very first impression.

NoodleFighter
08-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Alienware Arena is giving away unlimite beta keys between now and monday I just signed up and jumped right in, it was fun although, like others have sad the game seems a bit too soft/blurry. Does the GTX 570 have TXAA or that only for the kelper line up? And the game feels laggy performance wise even if I'm not near any action, even on lowest settings the game still feels laggy.

Jesus_Phish
08-09-2012, 11:08 AM
The alpha squad is something I might be tempted to pick up, but I don't play any other SOE games, so what use are the $40 worth of SOE points going to be worth in Planetside 2? Can't find what they'll buy you. I assume weapons/skins etc?

elephant god
08-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Alienware Arena is giving away unlimite beta keys between now and monday I just signed up and jumped right in, it was fun although, like others have sad the game seems a bit too soft/blurry. Does the GTX 570 have TXAA or that only for the kelper line up? And the game feels laggy performance wise even if I'm not near any action, even on lowest settings the game still feels laggy.

The keys are definitely not unlimited. they are out at the moment...

Finicky
08-09-2012, 02:41 PM
If anyone comes across another giveaway might they be able to grab an extra?

I tried to get a key for a friend from ign last night after trying the beta myself but they were already gone :\ figured i'd get one from alienware this morning but those too were out when I got up.

DrTeflon
08-09-2012, 05:11 PM
I got a key yesterday from ign, but im so goddamn lost regarding what should I do, I spawn, walk around, get shot, die, repeat

Tei
08-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I got a key yesterday from ign, but im so goddamn lost regarding what should I do, I spawn, walk around, get shot, die, repeat

You are defending your faction, helping conquer facilities. Look at the map, try to figure where is the frontlines, and go there.

Facilties have a few consoles, named A,B,C,... you have to take all, then the area will change side (take some side, theres a indicator on the left that show the progress of control of each faction).

Some facilities have only one console A, others have more, some have shield generators that need to be destroyed before you can progress further inside the base, most bases have a spawn console that can be destroyed slowing down respawn of enemies.

Also some bases have "teleporters" (looks like a open spawn tube) to move fast betwen areas.

Theres infantry combat, tanks, airships... about airships you have the figther class (recently nerfed), the bomber and the galaxy,.. you can spawn on a galaxy, so almost all battles have galaxies and people tryiing to destroy these galaxies.

The biggest facilities, the biolabs, are big domes, are designed so infantry can have fun with pure infantry combat (no vehicles).

DrTeflon
08-09-2012, 11:37 PM
You are defending your faction, helping conquer facilities. Look at the map, try to figure where is the frontlines, and go there.

Facilties have a few consoles, named A,B,C,... you have to take all, then the area will change side (take some side, theres a indicator on the left that show the progress of control of each faction).

Some facilities have only one console A, others have more, some have shield generators that need to be destroyed before you can progress further inside the base, most bases have a spawn console that can be destroyed slowing down respawn of enemies.

Also some bases have "teleporters" (looks like a open spawn tube) to move fast betwen areas.

Theres infantry combat, tanks, airships... about airships you have the figther class (recently nerfed), the bomber and the galaxy,.. you can spawn on a galaxy, so almost all battles have galaxies and people tryiing to destroy these galaxies.

The biggest facilities, the biolabs, are big domes, are designed so infantry can have fun with pure infantry combat (no vehicles).

Yeah, gave it another chance today and I started to get the hang of it :), thanks

Sadly I have a lot of games atm, so I dunno if Ill be playing this a lot, trying to get into jagged alliance and deciding if I should continue lvling up my gw2 char lol

gundato
08-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Its okay. I think it has a lot of potential and might be something I go back to every couple of weeks, but it isn't really grabbing me.

Right now, I have three basic complaints:

1. Time to death is still really short. Very much a game of "who sees who first" unless someone is a maxi
2. In general, nobody works together. This will probably get fixed once the community is properly in place, but for now it is annoying
3. When people DO work together, they steamroller over everything. This is really a continuation of part 2, but working with a team of just 4 people we were able to take 5 different facilities in an hour (one of which had capture points A-F).

Nullkigan
09-09-2012, 12:03 AM
West Checkpoint Meat Grinder. Even if you're organised, the battle for Atlum never ends. Every rock has three dudes and a spawn beacon behind it.

(Which is probably because fighting for the Atlum dome is one of the few ways of boosting your Auraxum income and getting access to new weapons)

Hensler
09-09-2012, 12:22 AM
My first spawn was on an instant action marker - and I fell through the floor of the map until it eventually suicided me and I respawned. Next spawn I got sniped from a mile away before I had even moved - pretty typical of my experience with online shooters. But the 3rd spawn is where it got interesting - I moved over a couple of points, and started at the top of a hill, with hundreds of New Conglomerate charging upwards at us, with maybe 20 - 30 of us VS on the walls of the outpost. And be absolutely mowed them all down, thanks to working together and actually having vehicles and turrets (the attack wave was pure infantry). Then went on the offensive and pushed them back across the map. It was glorious :D .

Anyways, what I'm saying is that I love this game, and Mattressi is a saint for sending me his extra key.

AgamemnonV1
09-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Got an IGN key. And yep, it's officially beta (feels more like alpha actually). A few things I noticed that would improve gameplay drastically.

- Everything should be as clear as possible. I can't tell you the number of times I've accidentally fired on someone thinking they were an enemy but they were actually a friendly. Q does not identify enemies at a significantly-long distance unless you have a zoom scope and, even then, it doesn't always work. This is particularly disconcerting for aircraft pilots, who I'm sure are shot at both friendly and enemy AA where ever they fly (and I can vouch for that because I've more than accidentally fired on a few friendly Mosquitos only to see them trail smoke after a few shots because you don't get the audio cue until the shots hit them). Probably the biggest problem to this is accidentally shooting friendly Gals. There needs to be a very clear way to identify friendlies from enemies from any distance.

- The UI needs to be as clear as possible as well. The way it stands now, no one really knows what's going on. All you can really do is guess by the "action" icons on the map (but they don't tell you if your folks are actually in the area--I've hot-dropped into so many facilities expecting to find an assault force of my guys only to find the two other sides duking it out; because of this I've stopped using the feature out-right unless I know 100% that our guys are in the area and it's not just a couple of tossers trying to sneak a capture). I know Smedley said this would be coming in the next update so that's good.

- Gals are overpowered. The way it stands now all you need to do is drop a Gal in enemy territory, stick a few pocket engineers on it, and it will spit out troops until everyone dies of old age. While AA can be devastating if focus-fired, Gals can fly under it and park on the ground outside a facility, providing excellent cover for it and also possibly people spawning in from it. Couple this with how all the AA weapons on class loadouts require an abundant amount of money to purchase and you're left with two choices--everyone goes heavy to spam rockets or you get a MAX team in there to take out the engies. Either way I've seen this tactic employed constantly and even with a hectic rocket spam, MAXes grenading the hell out of it, and engies shooting at it with their turrets and I've seen Gals deployed in hot enemy territory survive for upwards to ten or twenty minutes before the spam eventually overwhelms the engies.

These things are flying fortresses and when they deploy they become even hardier. There is no single troop transport plane in the world that works this way--you need a heavy escort if you're trying to do something like this. If a Gal is unprotected and a couple of Liberators happen upon it, it should be toast, period, punto, finito, no questions asked. I've seen way too many facilities lost because one lone Gal pilot flew in low and parked a distance away. That or spamming Gals (i.e. three or four come in at the same time--AA can only take out one, maybe two--the other two get in and bring in the troops). These things should be far more costly, they should have higher cool downs, and no regular joe schmoe should be able to drive one right off the bat. Which leads me to my second point...

- Certs should be used to bar people from instant vehicle domination. As far as I've seen, if you own 33% of the map, you get enough resources to buy what ever the hell you want. This leads to massive aircraft spam (I tried my hand to learn the basics only to constantly get shot down by other aircraft--I have since given up trying to learn). Also, as it stands, the only thing aircraft have to fear are either AA towers or other aircraft. Ground troops and tanks (this is important, more on this later) do not have AA weapons from the start--you need to buy them from the store. This is pretty ridiculous, especially for rolling vehicles. Aircraft have supreme domination--they excel at everything right off the bat. If that's for testing purposes, fine, then why isn't it the same on the ground? Not being able to loadout a tank to be AA is just ridiculous, which is also generally why I don't bother much with tanks as well because 90% of my deaths have been from aircraft I can't shoot at.

Certs should bar people from jumping into a Liberator at the drop of a hat--same thing goes with high-tier vehicles. High-tier vehicles should be rare, not so common enough that you can't swing a dead Barney without hitting fifty of them.

- In closing: It has a long way to go before it's release-worthy. There needs to be far more variety. This is not 2003--you cannot believe to make a carbon-copy of the same game and just change a few things around and think you've done something different. I know they have "some" planned features to this but there needs to be an over saturation of vehicle diversity (and I'm not just talking about how you loadout one). The vehicle disparity goes a little like this.

Ground troop transport: One-seater ATV, 12-seater bus.
Air troop transport: 12-seater dropship.

Ground combat vehicles: One-seater tank, two-seater tank.
Air combat vehicles: One-seater fighter, three-seater gunship.

There needs to be a far more variety in-between. There should be rolling fortresses and proper air transport gunships (multi-roll vehicles). Four-seater vehicles seem like a no-brainer and yet they are nowhere to be found.

The same goes for troops. Everyone gets an assault rifle and a pistol--where are my options? Where are the shotguns? Utility classes seem to be lacking as well. Engies should be able to do far more than just drop ammo, repair stuff, and build turrets. Same goes for the medic. I know it's the testing phases so hopefully more stuff comes to light on this, but I'd love to see Engineers building static cover and far more than just a single turret--perhaps artillery attachments and AA as well. There should also be a supply truck that serves the same roll as the Engineer but works for vehicles as well. Medics should be able to build some kind of medical dispenser as well. All of the far more advanced stuff should also be tied to certs as well, of course--I don't want to sound like I want the full course meal right off the bat. I'd just like to see the fights become far more varied beyond just dropping a Gal and defending it until you overwhelm the enemy with numbers.

Tei
09-09-2012, 07:12 PM
There should also be a supply truck that serves the same roll as the Engineer but works for vehicles as well.

The sunderer do exactly that, heal nearby vehicles and rearm them. Two sundereres will heal each another and rearm each another (wooooo, infinite ammo!).

The lighting is a very fast vehicle... with some weapons can snipe infantry. 90% of the game is still locked, so we don't know how it will play. What we know, is that it will be a hilarious fun game.

The JG Man
09-09-2012, 07:30 PM
One of the things they need to sorely address, and I find I don't disagree with you too much there Agamemnon, are interface and mouse issues. I know the whole point of the beta is to weed out these things, but having to enter/escape menus so that you can reload the interface, or have your mouse turn up or be able to move the mouse, or clicking a different tab so you can refresh the squad page because you KNOW there are open squads but you can't see any and so on and so forth!

StrangLove
09-09-2012, 07:38 PM
The same goes for troops. Everyone gets an assault rifle and a pistol--where are my options? Where are the shotguns?

Shotguns are imminent, they are WIP ATM. As is a lot of the stuff you've noted, I'll go into it at further length when I'm in less of a rush.

frenz0rz
09-09-2012, 09:31 PM
I was just involved in an amazing battle on EU2.

TI Alloys was held by us NC, and was under attack by the TR. A LOT of TR. Without exaggerating I'd estimate there was upwards of 70 people on each side, with the NC just about holding onto the base perimeter and the TR holed up mere feet away behind a ridge of rocks. A huge frontline formed around the majority of the base and it was absolutely epic. After about half an hour of thick laser fire and vicious dogfights overhead (with the Vanu bombarding both sides!) a massed TR charge nearly broke through. The push weakened them, however, and a brave NC counter-charge led us to secure the rocky ridge and push them back across an open plain to a small hill, on which were 6 or 7 engineer turrets that were protecting their galaxies. When the engineers saw the sheer number of NC charging across open ground, they turned and fled. It was beautiful.

Danny252
10-09-2012, 12:52 AM
- Everything should be as clear as possible. I can't tell you the number of times I've accidentally fired on someone thinking they were an enemy but they were actually a friendly. Q does not identify enemies at a significantly-long distance unless you have a zoom scope and, even then, it doesn't always work. This is particularly disconcerting for aircraft pilots, who I'm sure are shot at both friendly and enemy AA where ever they fly (and I can vouch for that because I've more than accidentally fired on a few friendly Mosquitos only to see them trail smoke after a few shots because you don't get the audio cue until the shots hit them). Probably the biggest problem to this is accidentally shooting friendly Gals. There needs to be a very clear way to identify friendlies from enemies from any distance.

There's a bug with the IFF system - I fairly regularly see a column of friendly tanks, but one of them won't be showing a blue "friendly" indicator. Galaxies are coloured (though I have terrible trouble confusing the VS and NC paint schemes on all the vehicles), and you can generally go by which direction they're flying.

- Certs should be used to bar people from instant vehicle domination. As far as I've seen, if you own 33% of the map, you get enough resources to buy what ever the hell you want. This leads to massive aircraft spam (I tried my hand to learn the basics only to constantly get shot down by other aircraft--I have since given up trying to learn).

Anti-vehicle-spam is already implemented - once you buy a certain vehicle, you can't buy it again for a certain amount of time. For the dangerously shooty-pew-pew vehicles, this is upwards of ten minutes.

- In closing: It has a long way to go before it's release-worthy.

I don't get why so many people are proclaiming this - of course it does, it just came out as beta, and they're not planning to release it until 2013. I'm pretty sure they want to iron out the basic bugs (getting stuck underground on spawn, crazy physics bugs, IFFs not working, broken vehicle spawn pads) before adding new vehicles, guns, classes, etc! You can see the amount of content they've not got around to releasing just looking at the blanked out certs and store items. Hell, they've not even got around to adding proper joystick support yet!

The one thing I will moan about is being run over by tanks. Your suit can handle an almost-direct rocket hit, but get so much as tapped by a hovertank, and splat! Makes for fun in chat when tank drivers start raging at everyone for standing in the road and ending up TKed, mind.

somini
14-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Necro'ing this because I don't think it deserves a new thread of it's own, but Planetside 2 is coming to Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/218230/
Not that it was unexpected

Finicky
20-11-2012, 04:45 AM
It releases today, kinda figures this game gets little attention on this board.

Bankrotas
20-11-2012, 04:50 AM
Necro'ing this because I don't think it deserves a new thread of it's own, but Planetside 2 is coming to Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/218230/
Not that it was unexpected
After trying Tribes: Ascend with steam I kinda dislike double launcher way to play the game.

Boris
20-11-2012, 07:40 AM
It releases today, kinda figures this game gets little attention on this board.

Yeah, we don't like it. It sucks.

Rauten
20-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah, we don't like it. It sucks.

Indeed. And the three separate threads over at Game Clubs about the game are a clear representation of how much we loathe the game because of it's suckiness.

Tei
20-11-2012, 07:09 PM
It will end the download in a few minutes.

I really enjoy this game,but I play it in a relaxed way, the P2P mode will be a perfect fit, because I will only play the game when I want to relax a bit, and look at nice graphics and accumulate xp idlying with a deployed sunder and stuff.

Good times :D