PDA

View Full Version : [AAR] I44 08/09/2012 - Only yokels storm across a cornfield.

Kefirz
08-09-2012, 11:43 PM
As always a cool session,
we played:
Hawk_silk's I44 domi
Jedburgh Ambush - made by Kalelovil
Post your AAR's or thoughts/videos/pics in here.

P.S War crimes might have happened
http://i48.tinypic.com/oic0me.png

Black Mamba
08-09-2012, 11:51 PM
That convoy.

jRides
08-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Kalelovil's mission was absolutely outstanding. There was a script error (that sadly will be fixed) but the error involved the spawning of just hundreds of tanks and vehicles and troops, that was a laugh. Still, it was a very good mission and I'm looking forward to trying that again. Next time I promise I wont throw a 'nade into the castle breach area while we are all bunched there.

Hawk's Domi mission was likewise excellent, very enjoyable - and tough.

Great session tho fellows, it was a blast.

x25killa
09-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Hawk_Silk's i44 domi

It was fun. I picked the BAR grunt. Drove MHQ1 towards the first Area of Operation, deployed it behind a barn, got a bike, rode it across the fields and got shot by the germans.

Respawned, crossed the river, guns still intact, helped out everyone else nearby, charged at the Radiotower with a 10KG german satchel, got killed by a german stug.

Then decided to take the thunderbolt. Very nice plane, need to get used to the WEP system since it makes everything go faster, crashed nearby a flamethrower trooper, got revived, attempted to provide help for the flametrooper, both got killed.

Flew another plane, doing bomb runs with the rockets (which seems to have lock on system), crashed, respawned, first area taken over.

Second Area of Operation opened up... very far up north. Had bit of an issue crossing the rivers since the bridges were blown and couldn't be repaired. Needs some sort of script to repair the bridges.

Jedburgh Ambush

Now this was a fun mission. Had to parachute automatically from the plane to the nearby forest, the commander made a waypoint to head to.

Went to the closet hill we found, spot around the area, managed to spot a patrol near the lake (according to Hawk I have eagle eyes!).

Change of plans, avoided first waypoint, went through the trees to the next waypoint, near a small village towards the defensible castle. There were some germans defending the castle but was easily taken down.

We had some nice goodies in the castle... and stairs that will kill you using gravity.

Took out most of the germans around the castle, there was an ambush convoy... supposed to arrive in 3 minutes but instead shown up. There were about 12 vehicles each that need destroying before leaving the castle...

Lot of friendlies died that day, I was the last one alive... I had to escape. Got a motorbike, drove through the southern entrance of the castle and then head north avoiding all germans... until one lucky git got me and the mission ended.

Overall, very good session. Would I recommend this? Yes. Very much so.

kalelovil
09-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Some screenshots from today's session:

It's fortunate the tank driver didn't reverse.

The 'convoy'.

Kefirz
09-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Hawk_Silk's i44 domi

Respawned, crossed the river, guns still intact, helped out everyone else nearby, charged at the Radiotower with a 10KG german satchel, got killed by a german stug.

I still remember when we both approached the tower and you shouted "oh s***'' and we ran away as the throwable C4 exploded, too bad you threw it two times though
Cool guys don't look at explosions, yeaaaah :D