PDA

View Full Version : That Flew Under the Radar: Oddworld - Stranger's Wrath HD on Steam

RakeShark
14-09-2012, 07:43 AM
As the title indicates, JAW released the HD update for Stranger's Wrath about 10 hours ago on Steam.

johnki
14-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Ah, saw this on another site and wondered how long it had been out. Nice to know that Oddboxx buyers got upgraded to it automatically.

Just have to ask, as I heard a lot of issues about the Oddboxx that I never experienced - does it run well?

RakeShark
14-09-2012, 09:09 AM
The mouse/keyboard controls are much better, though a console controller is the best for this game. The camera sometimes gets caught on geometry. Lots of resolutions are supported now, though running with x8 AA is a bit choppy on my 570Ti. The menus are much better as well, though you can only change graphics settings on start-up.

The graphics themselves, it's a pretty damn good update and restoration.

mashakos
14-09-2012, 09:20 AM
FINALLY?! Been waiting two years to play my copy. Funny thing is I've been regularly checking the site these past two years right up until last week.

Sketch
14-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Good to hear, I've never played it before and was waiting for this to do so.

Heliocentric
14-09-2012, 01:44 PM
nice catch, i tried it when it came out in the steam pack but it rubbed me the wrong way with its controls, are they any better?

RebeccaHuff
15-09-2012, 06:14 PM
For sure many gamers and players for the released of this games and for sure they also expecting good features and graphics on this game.

Finicky
15-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Wasn't this part of the oddbox? which was one of the worst portjobs ever since sr2?

Did they fix everything that was borked about it?

tomeoftom
15-09-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm keen to play this if the port's fixed now. I remember reading the Xbox review for it and being keen, years and years ago. On that note, is Munch's Oddysee fixed too? That was excellent.

sabrage
16-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Maybe it's just because I have an AMD card (and that is, more often than not, the issue) but the game actually runs worse for me post-patch. I tried it with AA on, off, unchecked a few boxes, and deleted the damn thing when it still chugged.