PDA

View Full Version : The RPS Social Club, London

Pages : [1] 2 3

Siri
03-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Helloooo everyone!
You have not been forgotten! I just had to go to Norway to work this summer and since the shop was hit by a strength 10 shitstorm the very day I arrived, I haven't had time to deal with RPS meet-ups. Anyway, things are more or less sorted now, thanks to my charming and tireless assistant Erlend.

We'll keep info about upcoming events here in a great, big, sticky thread, ok? Ok!

SATURDAY 16th OF JULY
We (which is a euphemism for "you", since I'm tragically stuck in the Northern Wastes) are gathering at the Blue Posts once again to enjoy fine alcoholic beverages and discuss the important things in life, such as games, quantum mechanics and the finer points of Munchkin.
Function room booked from 6pm - midnight.

SATURDAY 13th OF AUGUST
We're gathering in Soho Square (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Soho+Square,+London,+United+Kingdom&hl=no&ll=51.515188,-0.132174&spn=0.001163,0.00284&t=h&z=19) to get Drunk In a Park. Since quite a few of you seem to have problem Finding Things (tm), we figured a small park would be better than a large one. Or no park at all. You'll find us near the middle of the square from 2pm come sun or nasty weather, and we'll stay until we can't take it no more. Bring your own booze, a blanket if you like and an umbrella if it looks like you might need one.

SATURDAY 3rd of SEPTEMBER
What's the common denominator between percentage of meat in cat food and number of ladies present at the average RPS meet-up?
Answer: 4.

We're solving the problem right away by inviting you all to RPS LADIES' NIGHT, where all the guys are required to bring along someone of the opposite sex. It's a great opportunity to invite your partner or that cute girl you like, or just your friend, sister, mum or auntie for others to enjoy.

We're not letting you in without a female on your arm. Your only alternative if you can't find any is to dress up like one. Your choice. It will be awesome and there will be women. Lots of them. But only you can make it happen.
Function room booked from 6pm - midnight.

WHERE IS THE BLUE POST?
The Blue Post is a charming pub just off Leicester Square, at 28 Rupert Street, postcode W1D 6DJ. It's very close to Piccadilly and Leicester Square tube stations, and fairly close to half the ones in central London. You can find maps and directions over at trusty old Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=The+Blue+Post,+28+Rupert+Street,+London,+W 1D+6DJ,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&cid=13486978183664872712).

There's decent food available, and there's a bar upstairs in the function room, as well as a toilet. This saves you from associating with the proles and beggars likely to be found downstairs, and ensures that you won't fall down the stairs when collecting your tray of Jäger shots.

Looking forward to knowing that you're there, having fun, smiling and laughing and drinking while I'm stuck here. Yay.

BOARD GAMERS:
I'm really sorry, but you'll have to wait a little while longer for us to sort things out with rooms and stuff. Come autumn, there will be stuff happening regularly; I promise.

President Weasel
03-07-2011, 10:55 PM
You're good people, Siri.

JamesG
03-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Excellent, as I have now moved to London I certainly hope to make it to one of the meetups.

Alex Bakke
03-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Trains to London are so expensive. And yet, I keep going.

groovychainsaw
03-07-2011, 11:45 PM
I should be back after my absence from the last one (I was drinking beer elsewhere! Shocking, I know..), I'll be making my glorious return on the 16th! Look forward to seeing all you nice chaps (and chapettes) again. Top organising as always Siri!

ntw
04-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Damn you Siri.

Do you secretly have access to my calendar and a burning desire to book these dates when I have things planned?

Last weekend in Aug is the wife's birthday, and cool though she is (plays boardgames with me, PS3, WoW, dabbled with Portal 1 & 2), I suspect an RPS geek overload is not quite the surprise present she's been hinting she'd like...

Siri
04-07-2011, 12:39 AM
ntw: I'll bring her a very nice cake if she decides to come.

BaronWR
04-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Yay for more drinking. Particularly Drinking in Parks...

Not so sure about the ladies night: pretty sure my girlfiend tolerates me going to these things so I don't talk about computer games to her...

Looks like the boardgaming thing is getting itself sorted as well: was at the meet-up yesterday, and that seemed to work pretty well.

President Weasel
04-07-2011, 09:13 AM
How about the RPS geek overload, and then just as her face clouds up you go "naaahhhh, we've got a nice hotel room booked for this evening and then tomorrow we're going to a nice meal and a show" :)

Siri
04-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Looks like the boardgaming thing is getting itself sorted as well: was at the meet-up yesterday, and that seemed to work pretty well.

Totally missed this; tell me more!

Ansob
04-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Siri deserves a medal.

I will try to be at as many of those as possible.

Temple
04-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Hi Siri,
Nice moth by the way.

We tag along with another London Boardgame group who have very regular nights at no cost to the users.
http://www.meetup.com/LondonOnBoard/

They run two weeknights near Bank tube and 3 Sundays a month near St James tube which a bunch of us tried out yesterday http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?478-Cardboard-Children-meet-up-thread/page5
That thread has some non-London boardgamers in, so search it if you are looking out for non-Londoners.

Our London gaming group
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=5

Also girlfriend laughed at the suggestion of bringing her along...

Daave
04-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh Siri, you've made me so happy!

Cooper
04-07-2011, 04:29 PM
I'll actually be back home in London for one of the meetups this time around. I'll be there on the 16th to partake in beer drinking.

arienette
04-07-2011, 04:30 PM
I approve of this

Jockie
04-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Too far for me to attend on a whim sadly, but I'll throw out a suggestion that is entirely self-centred - 22-25 September is Eurogamer Expo in Earls Court, meaning quite a lot of gaming types will be in London for the weekend, might be worth organising something for one of those evenings?

SanguineAngel
05-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Well I missed the last one but I enjoyed meeting you all so much last time I did go I think I will certainly try to make it. It will depend on finances, of course! But yes. Hopefully someone will remember me!

Sterling work, Siri! Thanks!

groovychainsaw
05-07-2011, 09:59 AM
I remember you sanguine! We held the fort early on that day, making sure someone was drinking beer at the beginning of the afternoon...

I may avoid doing that again however, as I'd like to sound reasonably sober when the later people turn up this time (something that I've yet to achieve, making me look to many like the token alcoholic of the RPS group) :-D. I'll be there for 6 certainly though (and i guess a bit earlier if others do so, but no drinking all afternoon this time!). My train sends me home again at 10:30 :-( , so an earlier start works out best for me. Plus we can say farewell to Quinns! I shall buy him a DRINK.

SanguineAngel
05-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Pffft you've already backed down from 6 in that same post and convincing others to do the same. I can only see that going one way for you. Shall I get there at 4 to keep you company? Having said that I was pretty well gone by the end too and was really lucky to get home at all!

Christ, I'll buy Quinns a drink and maybe do him the honour of actually RECOGNISING him this time! How embarrassing that was! I blame the liquor.

groovychainsaw
12-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Soooo.... no-one's posted in here for a week, but we're all still popping along this Saturday, right?

I mean, beer AND gaming conversation. That is a combination that has yet to be bettered...

Also, what time. I'm totally capitulating from my earlier post (well anticipated Sanguine) and saying I'll be there when other people are there (so, what time?). I'll manage my beer-rate fine THIS time. :-D

/Consider this a 'bump' if it makes you feel better :-)

Alex Bakke
12-07-2011, 03:32 PM
I am quite poor, and thus will not be attending. Next time!

President Weasel
12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Why not crash the party anyway, Alex?
(this is a pun which plays on the fact that you are renowned for crashing things)

(Also I will buy you two drinks if you attend)

Slaktus
12-07-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm gonna poke my head in and remind everyone who has not yet decided to attend this epitome of excellence that it's THIS SATURDAY AT THE BLUE POST and that staying home is not an option. While I'm a poor replacement for our regular host, I shall arrive early and pester the regulars and attempt to provide anchoring to the chaos.

We have the upstairs section booked from 6:00pm onwards, although I suspect we will have to rigidly suppress interlopers to claim proper RPS lebensraum. There's a bar, so you won't have to brave the stairs to get even more incoherently drunk, and you won't have to stagger far to reach a toilet.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all.

President Weasel
12-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Is there a password? There should be a password.

Temple
13-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Yes there is. But I am the only person who knows it. Sorry.

SeanybabeS
13-07-2011, 08:32 AM

Is it passw0rd <- With a zero of course.

I'm a bit new at posting round these parts but I hope to make the trip over on Saturday.

President Weasel
13-07-2011, 10:23 AM

This is excellent password security; I approve.

Alex Bakke
13-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Why not crash the party anyway, Alex?
(this is a pun which plays on the fact that you are renowned for crashing things)

(Also I will buy you two drinks if you attend)

I literally have zero monies. If I come next time will you buy me two drinks?

President Weasel
13-07-2011, 03:46 PM
OK, but only if I am there.

Alex Bakke
13-07-2011, 09:11 PM
I have it in writing, legal contract etc.

Stense
14-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Tarnation and blimey, I'm going to have to skip this one. Hopeing I'll see you fine people at the next one. Have a nice evening.

kwyjibo
15-07-2011, 04:38 PM
I might be able to make this. Depends if the weather kills a barbeque I was meant to go to.

iDavros
15-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm seriously considering coming to this, but don't know anyone... Room for one more?

Sproutmask
15-07-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm seriously considering coming to this, but don't know anyone... Room for one more?

Don't worry, I don't know anyone either but I'll pop in for a swift one if I can get a pass from the wife ;)

President Weasel
15-07-2011, 07:32 PM
How will we know if it's really you, or just a Sprout Mask Replica?

imirk
15-07-2011, 07:35 PM

Lick him and see if it fizzes?

iDavros
15-07-2011, 07:48 PM

Is that a Davros reference or a Robert Rankin reference? Either way I wear a pink carnation to prove its me.

nb use of pink carnation not guaranteed.

Ooops not about me at all... I'll be quiet now...

Xercies
15-07-2011, 08:07 PM
You know I'm very torn between doing this and boardgames, i can't do both and i can't really decide which one i want to do. Argh!

JamesG
15-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Edit: Whoops, wrong thread. Will be along here as well of course.

President Weasel
15-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Is that a Davros reference or a Robert Rankin reference? Either way I wear a pink carnation to prove its me.

nb use of pink carnation not guaranteed.

Ooops not about me at all... I'll be quiet now...

It's a Captain Beefheart reference, but so was the Robert Rankin book title.

Codor
16-07-2011, 01:14 PM
I won't know anyone either but I'm thinking of coming along too, long time reader but never posted before even! Met Kieron at an indelicates gig on wednesday and he mentioned this, sounded like fun.

groovychainsaw
16-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Well, I'm here, nice and early, at the mercy of my train as always. If anyone wants to find me I'm upstairs wearing a star wars t shirt (cool, huh??)...

Ansob
16-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Bah, very annoyingly I'm not going to be able to make it this time. Lack of money and work calls. :(

Everyone have a good time; I'll be at Drinking in Parks.

Siri
16-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Ansob: SSSHH, don't call it DiP. It's not DiP; it's GDiaP. Ste Curran holds the copyright on that title. We already stole his pub, so it's probably not a good idea to agitate him further. I've seen him swing a cricket bat; this could get really ugly.

Good luck, everyone! Hope you're enjoying it. Truly disappointed I can't be there tonight.

Ansob
16-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Siri: when we're done, there will be nothing of Ste Curran left! (because we will have stolen all of it)

President Weasel
16-07-2011, 11:41 PM
I was there, it was good. I might put some photos up tomorrow. Sadly the bit towards the end of the night where we all gathered together and sang a song about how much we missed Siri Hommelsgard* was not captured on tape.

*note: may not actually have happened. Totally should have though, and would have if the idea hadn't occurred to me on the tube home.

Sproutmask
17-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks to the various nice and friendly people I spoke to - it was fun, though I couldn't stay as long as I wanted since the South West Trains timetable is slightly incompatible with a social life.

President Weasel
17-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Pictures.
Please note that that girl over there did not have the demon eyes, as far as I could tell. I'm just bad at taking pictures.
Also pictured: the chips and cheese and butter that gave Daave a dreadful case of Butter Poisoning. When even a Scottishman like me is looking askance at your meal, that's a sign that it might not be a good idea...
Not pictured: the excellent chip butty that Lewie Proctor bought for £1.85, cheapest thing on the menu. He has a nose for bargains.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/chompmancobra/IMAG0099.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/chompmancobra/IMAG0097.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/chompmancobra/IMAG0096.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/chompmancobra/IMAG0098.jpg

groovychainsaw
18-07-2011, 09:30 AM
I am smiling in a picture! (I am also a bit shiny!) It must have been a good time!

I enjoyed myself greatly, although was making less and less sense as there evening wore on again ;-). Hi to everyone I chatted to later on, I may not have been very good at the whole 'remembering people's names' by that point, but that's what I get for starting early. I don't learn. Many good games (and non-games! Shocking!) conversations were had, and everyone was jolly nice as always. I look forward to the next one with anticipation!

Also, do not add half a pack of butter to already-oozing cheesy chips. After seeing Dave's face later, it comes out as highly not recommended.

Undermind_Mike
19-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Hi Chainsaw, Weasel, Cooper, and anyone else I met :)

rapchee
04-08-2011, 12:41 PM
so ... parking on august 13th?

Ansob
09-08-2011, 11:13 AM
So who's coming to DiP, then?

BaronWR
10-08-2011, 05:11 PM
I'll be along, assuming the weather is not awful and there's not too much rioting.

Ansob
13-08-2011, 12:09 PM
It's sunny! I take it that means we'll be seeing everyone at 2. Bring tasty, tasty booze.

Stense
13-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Should be there a bit later!

AndrewC
13-08-2011, 12:30 PM
So this is in soho square? the one with the tiny little house in the middle, right?

President Weasel
13-08-2011, 12:57 PM
be warned - it was raining heavily last night and it's likely to be showery today

Ansob
13-08-2011, 02:10 PM
So this is in soho square? the one with the tiny little house in the middle, right?

Yep, that's the one. I'm there already! Stood by the house thing, wearing a pink/white striped shirt & black jeans. I'm trying to find Siri so we can group up, but I think she's not here yet.

be warned - it was raining heavily last night and it's likely to be showery today

Would've been nice to know before I neglected to bring any kind of coat or brolly... :P

Ansob
13-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Actually, there's no Siri this week anyway. Come find me by the house thing, sat in the grass. Grey bag, sunglasses, not shaved.

AndrewC
13-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Horse cocks.

Ansob
14-08-2011, 01:03 AM
RPS DiP: huge success! Siri, schedule another one for before the end of summer. :D

Horse cocks.

Words of wisdom.

Stense
14-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Indeed.
I'd rate the day 9 horse cocks out of 10 (could have done with a bit more sun).

Ansob
16-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Would anyone be interested in doing something this weekend? I'll be meeting Jason, whose forum name I forgot, to lend him a book and for a pint or two, so perhaps other people in the London area would like to meet up for some slightly less intensive drinking?

Maybe Siri wants to tag along, since she missed DiP due to being in Scandinavialand and is back today. :P

President Weasel
16-08-2011, 12:13 AM
check her for Moomin infestation before you let her near you.

arienette
16-08-2011, 12:16 PM
In the true spirit of the internet, my forum name is a girl's name. But a drink on the weekend sounds good to me.
Jason

rapchee
16-08-2011, 01:16 PM
sry for late checking in, but i had problems getting an intertubes.
i had a great time, i'm really glad that i met you guys :)
idk how things pan out for me yet, but i hope will be able to see you guys on some other occasions

arienette
17-08-2011, 09:49 PM
No one for the weekend? :(

Stense
18-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Depends on where and when, but in theory I'd be up for it.

Alikchi
18-08-2011, 11:56 AM
We're not letting you in without a female on your arm. Your only alternative if you can't find any is to dress up like one. Your choice.

Hope RPS doesn't have any trans readers that notice the implied distaste!

Siri
20-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Hello, I'm back!

Alikchi: I hope RPS has many trans readers and that they all decide to come. Men who dress like women in public: I love you.

OK, this is important:
Next meet-up has been moved to the 3rd of September (mostly because of a misunderstanding). Is this causing problems for anyone who've already booked train tickets etc? I need to know before we make an announcement; we can try and change it back if necessary.

Stense
20-08-2011, 02:17 PM
I probably would of had to miss the 27th August, 3rd September is a lot more doable as far as I'm concerned. So its nice not to be missing you lovely people again!

moth bones
20-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Aw Siri, I love you too, even though I've never met you. But I don't think I can do 3rd September.

Alex Bakke
23-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Changing to the 3rd means I might not make it, but I might be able to and there'll always be other opportunities :)

Yargh
23-08-2011, 08:48 PM
I'd rather come on the 27th but we can adapt

CrashTheuniversE
26-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Ehm, Hi here, first post in the forum :), I was planning to come with my girlfriend tomorrow, but is it definitely moved to the 3rd of Sept? Thank you for any reply, cheers :P

Siri
27-08-2011, 11:19 AM
It is definitely moved to the 3rd of September. Sorry, guys!

Fneb
27-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Bah, was looking forward to tonight, nice way to get into the community etc :<

May come along on the 3rd after work, but I finish at 10 so...

Yargh
28-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Zombie Larp clashes with the 3rd :(

Alex Bakke
01-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Just a helpful bump to remind everyone that the next Social Club meeting is on the 3rd of September, this Saturday! BRING THE LAYDEEZ.

arienette
01-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Damn you! I know maybe one girl who'd go to this with me and she's busy. I think this is indicative of a lack of friends in general. :(

hexagonalbolts
01-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Who the hell do I bring... hmmmm... this will be hard.

Siri
02-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks, Alex!

And guys; we're not going to throw you out if you don't bring a girl, so do come along anyway.

Also: I'VE MISSED YOU GUYS!

President Weasel
02-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Check her for Moomins before interacting with her in any way. Seriously. She seems all nicey nicey on the surface, but she could be a carrier. Don't take any risks!

stark
02-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks, Alex!

And guys; we're not going to throw you out if you don't bring a girl, so do come along anyway.

Also: I'VE MISSED YOU GUYS!

We've missed you too! (Personally I blame the Coriolis effect and bullet drop ;P )

Alex Bakke
02-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Check her for Moomins before interacting with her in any way. Seriously. She seems all nicey nicey on the surface, but she could be a carrier. Don't take any risks!

Are we still on for those TWO pints?

CrashTheuniversE
03-09-2011, 04:35 PM
No last moment changes this time :)? See you later guys :)

Stense
03-09-2011, 04:42 PM
See you later. Not sure exactly when, but will be there at some point!

President Weasel
03-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Are we still on for those TWO pints?

nuh uh, this is the bring a female-type lady-woman event, no?

pabswikk
04-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Just got home, had to walk from Picadilly. Great night though. I was the guy in the suit. It was lovely meeting you all

Fneb
04-09-2011, 04:01 AM
Didn't expect to get home quite this late... Thanks for the night guys! Looking forward to next time :)

JamesG
04-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Was good to see people, and sorry to those I had been chatting to and didn't get a chance to say goodbye to before I ran off.

Stense
04-09-2011, 12:18 PM
It was really nice to see you all. I had a fun evening!

Alex Bakke
04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Fun times were had by all. A splinter group broke off afterwards and went to a Metal Bar, which was great fun as well.

A Sponge
04-09-2011, 09:15 PM
What a jolly pleasant and most ladyful night.

The Great Skratsby
05-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Hurmsigh well I would miss the third. Humbug.

SeanybabeS
07-09-2011, 03:43 PM
Anybody going Eurogamer Expo on the Friday fancy going for a drink after?

arienette
07-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Friday! Pah, everyone knows Sunday is best. You know, if anyone is around then.

kwyjibo
07-09-2011, 10:21 PM
I did the RPS Eurogamer Expo meet last time, it was good, got a lot of non-London folks along. (even though we know the London folks are best)

Let's do it again.

Stense
07-09-2011, 11:57 PM
If this potential invitation to a RPS meet up is open to us smelly non-expo-attendees too, then yeah sure, I'd be up for it.

SeanybabeS
08-09-2011, 08:37 AM
It's no problem at all Stense.

Does anybody know of any decent pubs/bars around Earls Court?

Stense
08-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Cool.

Last Eurogamer expo time, we all met in the O'Neills bar nearby (dead simple to find as its basically just round the corner and along the street a bit from the convention centre). I live close by, I could perhaps pop in and see if they have the upstairs room available if enough people are interested in coming?

BaronWR
08-09-2011, 10:49 AM
If my Twitter-reading is correct, I think RPS-plans are already in motion to organise something, and the O' Neil's is booked up already, but I could be wrong.

Ansob
08-09-2011, 04:30 PM
If my Twitter-reading is correct, I think RPS-plans are already in motion to organise something, and the O' Neil's is booked up already, but I could be wrong.

Can you verify? My twitter reading is poor, and it'd be nice to have a plan.

Just so we can chomp cigars and say "I love it when a plan comes together."

BaronWR
08-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Jim says Friday is the day, apparently. Not sure there is a location yet.

arienette
09-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Dammit! Why can't the world revolve around me?

SeanybabeS
09-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Excellent, if Overlord Jim has said Friday then I won't argue.

arienette
19-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Has anything concrete on this emerged yet?

SeanybabeS
19-09-2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/19/friday-london-the-rps-meet-o-chat-2011/

The Atlas pub by the looks of things.

arienette
19-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Yeh, that appeared after I posted. Damn shame I have plans for Friday. But if anyone's at the Expo on Sunday I can do a few drinks to discuss the day's adventures.

Alex Bakke
12-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Bumps for GREAT JUSTICE.

Ok! The next Rock, Paper Shotgun SocialClub is on the 22nd of October. The room's booked in and everything. O:

Please do come along. Even if you hate other people; we will change your mind. Have friends that mentioned they played pong once? Bring them along!

It'll be an amazing night, with amazing people. The Blue Posts is very easy to find - It's near Piccadilly Circus. I'll cross-post this from page one:

WHERE IS THE BLUE POST?
The Blue Post is a charming pub just off Leicester Square, at 28 Rupert Street, postcode W1D 6DJ. It's very close to Piccadilly and Leicester Square tube stations, and fairly close to half the ones in central London. You can find maps and directions over at trusty old Google Maps.

There's decent food available, and there's a bar upstairs in the function room, as well as a toilet. This saves you from associating with the proles and beggars likely to be found downstairs, and ensures that you won't fall down the stairs when collecting your tray of Jäger shots.

President Weasel
12-10-2011, 10:21 PM
If you are tempted by the chips and cheese (very reasonably priced and a decent amount of chips for your money) then do not cover them in butter.
This public service announcement brought to you by the Foundation for Learning From Daave's Mistakes.

Alex Bakke
17-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Hello everyone - bumping the thread to announce that on Saturday it will be a very special event indeed; it is none other than beloved RPS Forum User Ansob's (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/member.php?88-Ansob) birthday that day! We will celebrate by:

Talking about games!
Drinking!
Eating (If you're hungry)!
More games!
Gaaaaaaaames!

FURTHERMORE: Kieron Gillen, former RPS Writer, might be turning up as Gaming's own Father Christmas, with a bag of games that he needs to offload to needy RPS socialites before he moves house.

Please spread the word - it's going to be a great night, and fun times will be had by all.

Ansob
17-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Hello everyone - bumping the thread to announce that on Saturday it will be a very special event indeed; it is none other than beloved RPS Forum User Ansob's (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/member.php?88-Ansob) birthday that day! We will celebrate by:

Talking about games!
Drinking!
Eating (If you're hungry)!
More games!
Gaaaaaaaames!

FURTHERMORE: Kieron Gillen, former RPS Writer, might be turning up as Gaming's own Father Christmas, with a bag of games that he needs to offload to needy RPS socialites before he moves house.

Please spread the word - it's going to be a great night, and fun times will be had by all.

By which Bakke means that it's at the Blue Posts (still W1D 6DJ) at 6pm.

(On Saturday the 22nd, in case you missed it the first time.)

laneford
17-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Alas, I am having a housewarming party then.

I will attempt the next one with great trepidation.

arienette
18-10-2011, 04:45 PM
You know how to make these things work against me. I'm out in Surrey all day but should be back in time. Ansob, as a gift I'll give your book back to you :p

Codor
18-10-2011, 05:44 PM
As luck would have it I'm going to see Josie Long that very day at the Soho Theatre in that very area- will drop by and be around with an extended gap.

Alex Bakke
18-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Alas, I am having a housewarming party then.

I will attempt the next one with great trepidation.

You must bring the housewarming party to us.

KieronGillen
21-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Hello everyone

I wanted to mention that I plan to get there near the start - in fact, probably slightly before the start* - to drop of an enormous box of games and marketing tat which everyone can fight over. I will find someone responsible to distribute it fairly, in whatever crazy way people think best. There's genuinely some neat games in there, and some AWESOME SHIT.

See everyone then!

KG

*I need to go to the evening Delightful Wife has been involved in running later. DETAILS HERE: http://gillen.cream.org/wordpress_html/?p=2149

Ansob
22-10-2011, 04:17 PM
You know how to make these things work against me. I'm out in Surrey all day but should be back in time. Ansob, as a gift I'll give your book back to you :p

I will accept it with great honour and/or trepidation.

Stense
22-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Going to have to pass on this evening, which is poo as it sounds like it will be a great evening. Grrrr. Anyway, I shall be sending out psychic good vibes to you all, have a cool night.

(Happy birthday Ansob!)

JamesG
23-10-2011, 11:59 AM
It was good to see people, and thanks must go to Kieron for the massive crate of games. I'll see what I can bring along to the next one actually, as I know I've got a few lying around that could probably go to better homes.

Oh, and very sorry to the people I introduced myself to who I had already met. Still, as I got mistook for Alex Bakke a couple of times I don't feel too guilty there.

Alex Bakke
24-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Aaaaall part of my plan, Alex.

Siri
31-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks for taking care of things, Bakke. I was going to buy you a pint; please remind me next time.

And thanks to Kieron for FREE GAIMZ! I picked up Adam's Venture, had a really good laugh for twenty minutes until it crashed. Hilarious.

I gave Jack Sparrow one of the pirate games. Should you ever need a JS look-alike or a bouncy castle, he's your man:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/4277/jacksparrowk.jpg

Sooo, anything exciting (and game-related) happening on the 19th or 26th of November? We'll do another meet-up one of those dates. Sorry, but your mum's birthday is not important. :(

Also: Massive thanks to all the beautiful women (and men, and everyone else) showing up to our LADIES' NIGHT. There were more people than I could count on five hands and as far as I could tell without asking, about 36% of them were ladies. Unbelievable. I should have told you long ago, but I am INTERNETLESS at home. On purpose. Even more unbelievable.

Almost forgot to mention: the manager at The Blue Posts thinks you're a lovely bunch and they're very happy to have us. At least that's what they said last time I booked the place; I heard it might have changed slightly after the last meet-up. :D

Behave, or I will spank you. You know I'm not joking.

There, I think that's it. Now bring on the personal assistant jokes.

Ansob
05-11-2011, 07:43 PM
The 26th would be best for me! Can we do it then? :D

Wiper
05-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Same here, actually. I've not been able to make it to a social club for sodding ages (as in, before the forum switchover), but I will be near enough to London that weekend to make it. 26th! 26th!

Siri
07-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Cool, I'll ring TBP tomorrow. 26th!

Siri
09-11-2011, 05:33 PM
26th it is! Same time and place as usual. I'll make some more noise about it soon.

Ansob
17-11-2011, 07:12 PM
26th it is! Same time and place as usual. I'll make some more noise about it soon.

Make more noise!

Codor
18-11-2011, 04:16 PM
These keep being timed very conveniently for me... Going to another comedy gig that day- seeing Stewart Lee at the Leicester Square theatre just down the road from the pub, so will definitely drop by for part of it again.

arienette
21-11-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm going to do my best not to leave early this time!

measurements
24-11-2011, 08:56 AM
These keep being timed very conveniently for me... Going to another comedy gig that day- seeing Stewart Lee at the Leicester Square theatre just down the road from the pub, so will definitely drop by for part of it again.

Saw him last week at the same venue. You will not be disappointed. The man is brutal.

alh_p
25-11-2011, 12:19 PM
I will do my best to be there [and square]. It will pop my internet/reality crossover bubble so please be gentle.

arienette
25-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I will do my best to be there [and square]. It will pop my internet/reality crossover bubble so please be gentle.

You will be hazed and judged accordingly.

Alex Bakke
26-11-2011, 01:23 AM
Garohsdoiahoghaeorhiga,

I would attend, but I've got a prior engagement. I have to go to a comedy club in Reading. Joy.

Ansob
26-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Garohsdoiahoghaeorhiga,

I would attend, but I've got a prior engagement. I have to go to a comedy club in Reading. Joy.

You know what that makes you? That's right; rubbish.

Siri
28-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks for coming, had a really great time!
Anyone interested in a Christmas meet-up on the 17th of December, or have you all left town by then? I'm going away for Christmas, so if that date doesn't work for most people, the next meet-up will most likely be mid January. Let me know what you think!

TailSwallower
29-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Just posting here so the little green arrow reminds me about the thread - but I'll be living in the UK from Feb-August next year, and would love to meet some of you members of the PC master gaming race while I'm around.

Ansob
30-11-2011, 08:26 PM
I'd be game for the 17th! (But then I'm always game for booze.)

Siri
08-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Well, we don't need the whole function room if it's just the two of us. Saving the next one for January, then!

Will I see you this Saturday, Ansob?

arienette
08-12-2011, 05:25 PM
I reckon I can make it, pick up a grahpics card off Ansob :p

Ansob
09-12-2011, 02:15 PM
arienette: you'll need to remind me during Saturday so I remember to bring it.

Well, we don't need the whole function room if it's just the two of us. Saving the next one for January, then!

Will I see you this Saturday, Ansob?

Yep. It'll be the usuals again. :D

EBass
11-12-2011, 05:55 PM
I say I know Christmas is a time for family and all but is there any meet up happening over the festive period? I've been meaning to go to one for some time but always am the other side of the nation, well technically in a different nation when they happen.

Ansob
12-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Sad news: I've been told someone's birthday which was supposed to be Thursday is now Saturday, and I can't really not go. Since Friday is the work Christmas party, is there any chance we could do something Sunday afternoon instead, Siri and/or Jason and/or other people who were planning on going?

arienette
13-12-2011, 08:03 AM
I'll be boardgaming all Sunday, probably wouldn't be able to get away 'til 5 at the earliest.

Siri
13-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Aw, I'm not going to make it either. Last weekend of work before my holiday and I really need to get some sleep.

January, then! I'll see if I can get it booked this weekend.

arienette
14-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Nooooo!!!!! What am I to do without the graphics card...... also, you know, catching up with friends :p

telpscorei
14-12-2011, 04:06 PM
January would be good. I need to send a friend of mine out of his cave so that he can view people with his eyes again. He's developing something and I'm a little concerned for his sanity.

Well, I've always been concerned, but now I'm really concerned.

I understand it's the Blue Post, but what time-ish should I drag him out of his Dev Cave?

Siri
14-12-2011, 05:32 PM
I haven't decided on a date yet, but I'll look into it this weekend. Most likely the 14th or 21st of January ... any thoughts on that?

Meat Circus
06-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Isn't it time we had another social club?

WELL THEN.

Lambchops
06-01-2012, 06:07 PM
I keep meaning to go to one of these. Reckon I could manage the 14th if it's on then.

vorrin
06-01-2012, 06:49 PM
I keep meaning to go to one of these. Reckon I could manage the 14th if it's on then.
Hello there, I'm new to these meetings, but I was thinking quite a lot recently that I have to find a way to meet some fellow gamers in London, rather than in faraway places on the internet, so, I'd like to join the next meet.

14th is perfectly fine for me, I'll wait for more news, or confirmation, where do you usually meet? I live in the east, and cycle everywhere, so, not far west/south would be better for me, but I can adapt :).

See you soon, hopefully.

Stense
06-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi Vorrin, welcome to the community!
We usually meet at a pub called The Blue Posts in Soho, next to the London Trocadero. Nice little place with a friendly atmosphere (because the RPS crowd are all lovely and friendly themselves!)

Dan Milburn
06-01-2012, 08:21 PM
I moved to London recently and would be up for meeting some RPS folk. 14th would work for me.

vorrin
06-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Hey Stense, thanks for the welcome :)

Good, Soho is quite reachable (tho I have to go through that moving hell which is Oxford St.), so that's perfectly fine for me :) Also, thumbs up for the loveliness :D I'll just be waiting for a confirmation of the date, and see you then :)

If in the meantime someone needs someone to play a game with, pm me, I play most stuff (lately, mostly blc, mow, bf3, tf2, but could play whatever really).

Alex Bakke
07-01-2012, 09:38 PM
I would attend if it weren't for exams on the next Monday. :(

arienette
08-01-2012, 01:56 AM
So.... is anything actually happening?

Stense
08-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Don't know, I'd be up for the 14th though.

kwyjibo
08-01-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm good for the 14th.

Siri
09-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Sorry I'm late. :\
The Blue Post has been booked for 28. January and 31. March. I wanted the last Saturday in February too, but the room was taken, so we might do/go something/somewhere else. Any suggestions?

Please help spread the word on twitter/fb.
It's The Blue Posts from 6pm as usual; W1D 6DJ

Oh, and I promise not to change the dates this time.

Lambchops
10-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Hmm, 28th I might just be able to do. Even if it does result in the ever unpopular drunken journey back on the Oxford Tube!

arienette
12-01-2012, 10:49 PM
So Ansob, still got that graphics card? A recent holiday fall through has left me with money to upgrade a few bits and pieces instead. If you're still able to lend me that, even for a bit, that would really help with me sticking in my budget.

Tom OBedlam
14-01-2012, 01:05 PM
28th is grand for me

Stense
14-01-2012, 01:13 PM
So is anyone out tonight or are we just leaving it for the 28th?

Edit: Never mind, can't make it tonight now anyway. See you guys on the 28th!

JamesG
14-01-2012, 10:49 PM
28th should be good, no longer in London, but it seems the trains are surprisingly accommodating.

Ansob
17-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Yep.

​Go away, character limit.

Siri
17-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Okay! 25th of February sorted; we (or at least I; hope you will join me) will be drinking at the Albert Arms this Saturday as TBP was fully booked. The Albert is right next to the LSBU; the address is 1 Gladstone Street, Southwark, London SE1 6EY. From 6pm as usual.

An overview:

28/01 - The Blue Posts, W1D 6DJ
25/02 - The Albert Arms, SE1 6EY
31/03 - The Blue Posts, W1D 6DJ

6 pm - midnight

Hope to see you all there!

Codor
17-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Oh nice- Albert Arms is just down the road from my flat. 28th will depend on work for me but will try to be there.

Siri
18-01-2012, 12:54 AM
By "this Saturday" I was referring to the 25th of February and not actually *this* Saturday. I'm very
sleepy and not quite sure how obvious that was. Just in case.

Codor: Woo, that's where our office is (not at the Albert, obviously, although I used to study there). Which lunch do you prefer: yummy fried chicken or creepy sandwich guy?

TailSwallower
20-01-2012, 06:20 PM
I'll be in the UK by the 25th of Feb!... But it's also my girlfriend and I's 5 year anniversary... But I'll aim to make the March get-together.

vorrin
21-01-2012, 12:19 PM
oh, how sweet, RPS forum decided I didn't really need to receive emails about this as I told it, maybe it thought I was joking.

Good I saw this before the date, rather than after. Thus 28th, I should be there!

So, see you soon :)

Siri
25-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Who's coming this Saturday? Very much looking forward to it; my first (and much needed) pub night this year. Most exciting thing about RPS Social meet-ups: there's *always* someone new I haven't met before, and there's a bunch of wonderful regulars too.

There might not be any free games this time, but I'm bringing a huge crate of FREE HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!!1!
(Sorry, I'm just a bit excited. And they're totally voluntary)

Also, even if we can't have Santa Kieron *every time*, it's still an opportunity for people to bring their unwanted games and trade/give away. Just because it's nice. One man's trash, another man's treasure etc (I have no idea how that saying really goes, but something like that).

See you at the Blue Posts!

Jacques
25-01-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm game for meeting a bunch of hopefully friendly PC nerds.

I'll be bringing along the free shrugs.

Alex Bakke
25-01-2012, 07:54 PM

(And my axe)

Lambchops
25-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Alas, I can't actually make the 28th now (friend's birthday, don't want to miss it) but I will endeavour once again to make it next time!

Codor
25-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Will definitely be along saturday but late, going to be an away foot-to-ball supporter at millwall, and if I remember right they often keep away supporters behind longer for safety reasons at millwall... Don't actually know the pub tbh- but it is just down the road from me :P. Live above elephant and castle station- on the roundabout, and I work in the labs opposite guy's hospital so I'm afraid I don't know the creepy lunch people of the area!

Lewie Procter
29-01-2012, 09:57 AM
and fun was had by all.

A Sponge
29-01-2012, 11:59 AM
I liked that bit where we had fun; that was good.

Alex Bakke
29-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I can't feel my eyes.

Stense
29-01-2012, 01:58 PM
The special effects were amazing. I really thought it was in 3D.

Jacques
29-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Was nice to meet a lot of you, will have to meet the rest in Feb!

Alex Bakke
29-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Was nice to meet a lot of you, will have to meet the rest in Feb!

Were you the nice chap who had a grey sweater and ear-extender things?

Jacques
29-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Yep, that was me. Handsome chap I am too. Think I may have scared people with my Big Brother marketing talk though.

DigitalSignalX
30-01-2012, 02:17 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

vorrin
30-01-2012, 01:51 PM
yes, it was fun, I'll try and be somewhat less hungover and thus more sociable next time :D

Seniath
30-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.
Behold the Bakke

BaronWR
30-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Classy.

Most impressed by the turn-out this time. Looking forward to February.

Alex Bakke
30-01-2012, 08:19 PM
yes, it was fun, I'll try and be somewhat less hungover and thus more sociable next time :D

Less bitter re: your defeat? :D

Behold the Bakke

I had no idea the iPhone had such a wide-angle lens! I thought that my eyes would just be creeping into the photo.

vorrin
30-01-2012, 08:57 PM
less hangover yes, about my defeat, you're just a sneaky backstabbing phonexploiting bastard, and that stands!

Seniath
07-02-2012, 11:28 AM
I won't be able to make the Social this month, however it's worth noting that London BarCraft is running a two-day long event (http://www.facebook.com/events/341438765889936/) at Assembly House in Kentish Town over that weekend.

So, anyone fancy some recovery Sunday lunch and e-sports?

A Sponge
17-02-2012, 02:35 PM
It comes back around again so soon!

The Albert Arms is lovely, we ended up there after a game jam at LSBU earlier this month. Delighted to see that's where we'll be next week. Dearest Siri, if you could arrange some snow for next Saturday too, that'd be wonderful.

vorrin
17-02-2012, 02:41 PM
heh, yes, also, more lemon jousting!

A Sponge
21-02-2012, 01:12 PM
I can't make it after all, as I shall be beside the seaside in Brighton.

Do be good, and don't do anything that I wouldn't.

TailSwallower
22-02-2012, 09:54 AM
25/02 - The Albert Arms, SE1 6EY

6 pm - midnight

Looks like I'll be coming along - will be a bit late 'cause me and the missus will be going somewhere for dinner first.

Siri
23-02-2012, 04:21 PM
First of all, big thanks to everyone who came last time; I counted about 35 heads and it was good fun.

A bit of practical information about the Albert Arms: they don't take cards at the moment, so it's a good idea to bring CASHMONIES (the nearest cash machine charges £1.85 for withdrawals).

The more the merrier, so please help spread the word. See you Saturday!

A Sponge: I really don't know what to do without you, Ms. Sponge. :(:(:(

A Sponge
25-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Siri, Dollface, you've got spunk, you've got moxy, you're got swagger, don't let these BUMS beat you. May I recommend Stense as a potential partner-in-mischief?

Stense
25-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Although I'd love to increse the mischeive potential of the night, I'm afraid I won't be there to play, but thanks for the thought. Been a tad poorly lately and not in London at the mo, camped with the folks whilst I recover.

Have a blast at the new place, be interesting to hear how it compares!

groovychainsaw
25-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Looks like I might be there tonight - thought I'd be busy but I'm not- yey. It's been a while, but it'll be good to see some fellow rps-folk again :). @Siri - I'm sure I can assist with mischief, especially if I drink as quickly as I usually do at these things ;)

Siri
25-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Oh! One more thing: should be easy to spot, but there's also a room on the other side of the bar (I believe our tables will be on that side), just walk through the doors to the left of the bar to find us.

See you soon!

YAY PETE!

DWZippy
26-03-2012, 12:51 PM
My job interview in London went well this week, so fingers crossed I'll be moving to our fair capital soonish for another of these.

Siri
27-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Since you all wrote it down in your calendars three months ago, I don't really need to remind you that the next meet-up is this Saturday, right? RIGHT?

BLUE POSTS!
W1D 6DJ!
6 PM!
<3

Ansob
27-03-2012, 02:50 PM
An exciting time for drinks.

TailSwallower
28-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Probably have to skip this weekend's meetup; start my new job tomorrow, but I'm pretty skint until first payday.

My job interview in London went well this week, so fingers crossed I'll be moving to our fair capital soonish for another of these.

Well, I went to Belfast and still got a job :p But lemme know when/if you make it to an RPS Social club and I'll be there.

Codor
30-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Was going to come but got an invite for a curry saturday with people I haven't seen in ages- might drop by on my way back home if it's not too late though.

Mordechi
30-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Alrighty, so I don't know any of you, or really post here (but read RPS erryday). Missus is out of town and I have no mates (that are free), so Ima coming! We gotta wear a white rose or something to pick each other out? Or just spot the neck-beards?

Charmander
30-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Hey, someone else in the same boat of sorts. Now I will never be alone.

Stense
30-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Don't worry Mordechi and Charmander, we're a friendly bunch! We meet in the upstairs area of the pub. People up there are likely to all RPS-ites, but I guess if you want a secret password or something, go for 'sqiggle-gibs' or something. No one will know what it means, but in the ensueing confusion you can slip by and join the masses. :P

Fire_Storm
31-03-2012, 02:50 PM
I'll be braving the rail replacement buses from Brixton this evening to pop into my first RPS Social Club! I'm scared. Hold me.

Tom OBedlam
01-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Disaster! I've just realised I've left my board games at the pub! Did anyone see what happened to them?

grossvogel
01-04-2012, 03:40 PM
This was a fantastic gathering! My apologies to everyone who had to listen to me blabber about EVE; let's blame it on the drinks, shall we? :)

Alex Bakke
01-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Shit, I missed a conversation about Eve?

Seniath
02-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Have a handful of photos from Saturday. (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150668686268358.390955.510558357&type=3&l=f7f807fca6)

Lynn_Kraken
02-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Great evening, lots of pints, cool people were cool. Some enigmatic conversations. A magazine.

ntw
03-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Great evening, lots of pints, cool people were cool. Some enigmatic conversations. A magazine.

Oh wow - that almost reads like Haiku. :)

JamesG
03-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Have you had any luck tracking down your boardgames Tom?

Siri
03-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Thanks for coming, everyone! I got well pissed and had a good time as usual. Great to see new faces, and always a pleasure to meet the regulars.
I did steal a lot of hugs, but unfortunately no boardgames. Tom, if you haven't already, try calling TBP on 020 7437 1415.

RPS: Many thanks for writing about it; the turnout is always great when it's mentioned on the front page. <3

I'll book the next three meet-ups this weekend, so check back next week for dates.

Alex Bakke
14-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Ok! Siri's booked the next few events, but is unable to access the forum so I am relaying her message.

The next Rock, Paper, Shotgun Social Clubs are on the last Saturday of April, May, and June.

Save the dates! Anyone is welcome, whether you're an RPS vet or a complete newb to the forums or site.

Siri
18-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks, Alex! Thalex. (sounds like you'd need a prescription for that).

So yeah, the dates are 28/04, 26/05 and 30/06. It's easier to remember "last Saturday of the month" though, so we're aiming for that from now on. Provided the function room at TBP is available.

The previous meet-up was great fun. Please come again; you're all lovely (I'm not joking; you know I wouldn't be doing this if you were a bunch of boring shitheads).

Yours truly
<3

Zhugie
25-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Ohh another one already. Really enjoyed the last one

Siri
26-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Yay! Who's coming?

Stense
26-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Hoping to make it. These nights are always a lot of fun!

groovychainsaw
27-04-2012, 01:26 PM
What time are people planning to get there tomorrow/any plans for afternoon card/board games? It looks like I'll be down there reasonably early tomorrow.

JamesG
27-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Looking forward to it. I'll probably be there on the early side, but I have some stuff that I need to sort out in Cambridge first, which might end up delaying me if it takes as long to get out of the house as it usually does on a Saturday.

Siri
28-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Friend coming for dinner, might run a bit late. Looking forward to see you all (hopefully some new faces too).

BaronWR
28-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Bah, I cannot make any of the next dates. have fun, all of you.

groovychainsaw
28-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm here Already - ducked out of the rain, but still earlier than i need to be. Anyone else here yet or approaching for a nice beer?

groovychainsaw
28-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Tell you what, I'll incentivise folk to come and find me - first person to mention rps to the chap in the red hoodie at the bar, I'll buy them a pint. I'm keen to start the gaming chat :)

Ansob
28-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Welp, I didn't even know the social club was tonight.

Oh well! I'm completely broke this month, so I guess it's for the best. I'll see everyone at the next one. :(

A Sponge
29-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Who forgot to take their scarf home?

Someone left a scarf at the Blue Posts, and I was certain I had seen it around the neck of someone I know, so I took it to return to them.

It is possible I simply stole a scarf, though. It is nice. A pleasing teal and brown tartan with floral embellishments.

Stense
29-04-2012, 04:47 PM
I don't know why, but I really need closure on the mystery of the tartan scarf.

A Sponge
29-04-2012, 09:15 PM
My Bat-powers of Bat-deducation were right on the Bat-money once a-Bat-gain it... Bat... bats...?

Oh! Yes. Cara's scarf. Or mine for now. It's nice. I slept with it.

Lynn_Kraken
01-05-2012, 07:06 PM
That meeting turned me into a SU&SD reader. Such a dreadful thing, really.

Siri
21-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Next RPS Social this Saturday! Will I see you there?

Details for new readers:

Saturday 26th, 6pm-midnight
The Blue Posts, W1D 6DJ

We'll be upstairs.

Also, despite forum posts and tweets, some people still missed out last time. I've put together a mailing list to notify people directly; sign up by sending an email to bagatell@gmail.com, subject "RPS Social". I'll send a reminder (approximately) one week in advance so you can pop it in your calendar or write it on your hand and not forget.

It's my personal email address, so subscribe at own risk. Any messages received on weekends between 2am-6am; please delete without reading. I AM going to sell your contact details and create fake Facebook profiles in your name. It's obviously a much better idea to just keep reading the forums.

EBass
22-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Damn you for always making these at times when I can't attend! Oh well, hope to be at the next one

Siri
23-05-2012, 04:27 PM
EBass: NO U! The next after this one will be the 30th of June, you better write it down RIGHT NOW, don't even think of having a birthday party or getting married or making any other silly plans for that day. OK?

TailSwallower
23-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Argh, going to Kent on Saturnight, so I won't be able to make this one. Which sucks 'cause I would have been able to afford it this time (missed the last couple mostly due to funds).

DWZippy
24-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Damnit Siri, I get back into the area on the 1st July! :(

Alex Bakke
25-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Mmmsocialclubs.

Alex Bakke
19-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Anything planned in the future?

Sarigs
19-06-2012, 03:53 PM
That reminds me are there many/any heading to the Brighton Rezzed do and fancy meeting up for a social at some stage over the weekend?

Siri
19-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Hey, I've been away for a bit, but there's another meet-up on the 30th this month. Same time and place as usual (Blue Posts, W1D 6DJ from 6pm). Will make some more noise about it later this week, I'm bringing my birthday party; hope we can fill up the function room again this time. I'll sort out plans for the rest of the summer soon.

Sarigs: Not going to Rezzed and I don't have the details, but there's an RPS party on Friday 6th. You'll probably hear more about it soon.

Haphaz77
19-06-2012, 08:58 PM
I shall be there for the Saturday and will require a drink at some point. Anyone know a good meeting place in the venue near a bar?

That reminds me are there many/any heading to the Brighton Rezzed do and fancy meeting up for a social at some stage over the weekend?

Skydancer
20-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Coming one of the following months! I need to practice my spoken english!

ntw
20-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Coming one of the following months! I need to practice my spoken english!

Nah - stick with mimed English :)

Skydancer
20-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Nah - stick with mimed English :)

I could sculpt english.

EBass
22-06-2012, 12:25 PM
I might actually be able to make this one.........

JamesG
23-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Okay. Anyone want to guess which numpty accidently stuck the RPS meet in the wrong box in his calendar and ended up arriving a week early?

DWZippy
26-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Is there anyone going for this who feels like putting me up? I don't bite and I'm not fussy where I sleep.

Siri
27-06-2012, 01:01 PM
James: I'm so sorry. I may have giggled a little bit when I heard, but not in a particularly evil way. Glad you're giving it another go.

DWZippy: I would offer, but I don't really have anything you can sleep on (apart from the floor) and we're probably not going home afterwards. You'd have to bring a mat and a sleeping bag and stay out drinking all night.

I'm looking forward to see you all, hope to see some new faces too! Anyone else coming this Saturday?

MalkContent
29-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Not been before but I might be able to attend this weekend's one. Was thinking of bringing something like Yomi if anyone would be interested in playing/learning?

Daave
30-06-2012, 12:01 PM
I'll play Yomi!