PDA

View Full Version : MechWarrior:Online

DaftPunk
19-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Your receiving this email because we made a piloting error. You have just recently received an email that was meant to go out to only all our great Closed Beta testers. So we really apologize for making this mistake and hope you will forgive us.
In order to help with that forgiveness, we have decided to grant you beta access as of this email!

Haha i just got this today in email,i am in close beta and i don't have capable pc to play this :|

So now i am willing to share my profile with some really hardcore MW fan who didn't got in to the beta! :D

ado
19-09-2012, 11:50 AM
That's awfully nice of you man. I'd ask for it but surely there are much more deserving candidates for the key, as I was never that fond of MW's type of "simulation".

bad guy
19-09-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure if it's true, but someone on the MWLL Forums wrote that they recently have given just about everyone a key now.

And by the looks of your Email ...

DaftPunk
19-09-2012, 05:14 PM
As i said,for those who really waited for this game,and didn't get in to the beta,i can share my account with them for the time of closed beta.

Fumarole
19-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Stating that you're in the beta, not to mention sharing your account info, is in breach of the NDA.

imirk
19-09-2012, 05:37 PM
something about an en dee aye?

alas pipped to the post...

DaftPunk
19-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Nevermind people,i was kind enough to share this with someone but obviously you don't care. Close the thread.

Pockets
20-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Stating that you're in the beta, not to mention sharing your account info, is in breach of the NDA.

I have to say I'm really rather cyncial towards the whole "Please buy advanced access!" combined with "oh, don't tell anyone about it!" approach. I mean, the general principal of "paying customers get in early" is one thing, but if your product is so early in development that you don't want people talking about it, then its not really ready for paying customers, no?

Nullkigan
20-09-2012, 09:37 PM

This has been wrong for weeks, ever since they made it so you could pay for instant access.

The continued existence of the NDA is a source of bafflement, especially after the recent massive wave of invites and several high profile public forums started posting everything but screenshots in a prolific manner.

However, when you think about it, there might just be a reason they continue to hold up the NDA. Could it be because it's all placeholder graphics hiding the best robot game this millenium?

In other news my habit of impulse pre-purchasing games from interesting franchises has recieved quite the blow. My wallet remains shut in the face of xcom!

gundato
20-09-2012, 11:09 PM
The theory behind an NDA on a pseudo-public beta is that it is still a beta.

In theory, the people who have access should understand it is a beta and cut it some slack

So it is okay if the fans and beta testers are playing, but they don't want "previews" that will mostly be "I don't like this bug" or "This thing they are gonna tweak is garbage"

shaydeeadi
20-09-2012, 11:16 PM
I have played it on a friends computer and haven't signed an NDA.

I ran into rock faces quite a bit trying to get to grips with the controls of the legs and body. It needs more buttons to centre your mech in various ways. Oh, and the XP distribution is terrible currently, it was pretty fun though.

It looks really good too.

bonkers
21-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Got in too by "mistake".
A good looking game. Suppose that's as much as I am allowed so say ;)

Nullkigan
21-09-2012, 06:26 PM

In theory, the people who have access should understand it is a beta and cut it some slack

So it is okay if the fans and beta testers are playing, but they don't want "previews" that will mostly be "I don't like this bug" or "This thing they are gonna tweak is garbage"

This is exactly what is happening right now just about everywhere.

And there are no pretty pictures to distract people with. Or movies showing how the game handles or plays. Or anything to actually make the game sound good.

On the other hand, most of the problems with the game aren't bugs or alpha/beta level content so locking things down this far along because "they may change" is stupid. But then I'm not the mad person in charge at PGI.

gundato
21-09-2012, 06:37 PM
I think press and PR are less important for this. Future word of mouth is going to be what sways the "normal" players. Loving MWn and Battletech is going to be what attracts people.

In fact, I suspect a normal PR campaign might be bad. People see it and say "Cool, it is like Armored Core" and then get hugely turned off by the "simulation" approach

That being said, I do agree they need to do something to get some good stuff out there so that normal gamers are at least aware of it beyond "It is buggy"

Finicky
22-09-2012, 03:34 AM

So it's a combination of 'game journalists are bloody retards' and 'we don't want anyone to know how good or bad our game is until release day , please pre order now!' (NDA's in general these days, not this game in specific).

That makes me feel better...

PS: you won't even find out about bugs and glitches for finished games from game journalists:p Why'd it be any different for betas.