PDA

View Full Version : merging folders?

Sparkasaurusmex
28-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I have thousands of jpgs given to me each in seperate folders also divided into folders...

Is there a simple batch process or something to merge all the images in all subfolders into a single folder?

win7

frightlever
28-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Go to the top folder do a search for .jpg, ctrl-a the results, ctrl-x, ctrl-v into new folder (cut and paste)?

Sparkasaurusmex
28-09-2012, 04:49 PM
haha Awesome! Way simpler than I expected.

karry
30-09-2012, 12:47 AM
There's a better way, in Total Commander you go to a root dir, then press Ctrl-B, then copy that anywhere you want.
If you dont use Total Commander - you deserve copying every subdir one-by-one.

Sparkasaurusmex
30-09-2012, 01:23 PM
lol unless Windows 7 can do it natively! NO thanks on your software.

Danny252
30-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Can Windows manage a "copy -r *.jpg ." sort of thing off the command line (search recursively for any file ending in ".jpg" and copy it to the current folder)? It is essentially what the 2nd post does, but I really hate Windows search - mostly as it tends to fail to find "obvious.file" when I search for "obvious.file". I've tried using wildcards in the Windows command line before and it seems pretty dumb, but maybe I'm just trying to be too Linux-y with my commands

Sparkasaurusmex
03-10-2012, 03:52 PM
This search in the upper right of the explorer window is pretty flawless. It worked perfectly. But yeah, searching using the start menu's field is frustrating.