PDA

View Full Version : Mumble + Source = Crash

TailSwallower
30-09-2012, 05:11 AM
I've looked at the Mumble Sourceforge forum and I didn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask here.

I've been playing Left 4 Dead 2 and Killing Floor with some friends but both games crash when I have Mumble running. If it's running when I launch the game then they both crash, if I alt+tab out of the game, launch Mumble and then alt+tab back in it crashes straight away. Doesn't matter if it's Fullscreen or Windowed. I've also gone into Control Panel -> Sound -> Communications -> Do Nothing on the suggestion of a post at SourceForge, but that didn't help either.

Any ideas?

Nullkigan
30-09-2012, 09:36 AM
I assume you've disabled the overlay, or switched it to a whitelist? It does conflict with some renderers. Fewer than the Vent/TS3 ones, but still enough to not warrant a carte blanche to run with every game.

slick_101
30-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Very odd for it to crash on those games. We use Mumble and I've been happy with and without the overlay on both L4D2 and Killing floor. Silly question but have you got all the latest drivers and what not?

TailSwallower
01-10-2012, 12:59 AM
Yeah, it was the Overlay actually. Not sure what the overlay is supposed to do, but hopefully I won't miss it.

Thanks for the assist.