PDA

View Full Version : What was that game called?

Hunchback
30-09-2012, 10:31 AM
I can't remember the name of a game i used to play back in the time, around 1994 or so. It was a game about an yellow submarine (no pun intended), you got some sort of missions to go repair stuff etc. There was some sort of a civilization that lived entirely underwater, with cities and stuff and submarines. Oh and everything was really tiny, your submarine was smaller than fish so you had to take care to not get eaten by some evil big fish while doing missions.

Anyone remember that?

frenz0rz
30-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Oh blimey, I have some vague recollection of playing a shareware game similar to that.

Dont have a clue about the name, though. Sorry.

caljohnston
30-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Sub Culture?

fiddlesticks
30-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Would it happen to be "In Search of Dr. Riptide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp0DaysKdU0)"?

Drake Sigar
30-09-2012, 10:52 AM
I think I know what you're talking about, played a demo once. Calj's suggestion of Sub Culture sounds about right.

Hunchback
30-09-2012, 05:22 PM
That's it! Sub Culture!

Was a fun game, wonder why it never got a newer version or something...

Grizzly
30-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I vagualy recall a game called "DeepFighter" that did more or less the same thing.

MeltdownInteractiveMedia
01-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Hahah... I remember that game, that was some old school memories right there

emlow
01-10-2012, 12:52 PM
I loved Sub Culture, it would be great to play it again. I remember playing it with regular graphics (software rendering?), then getting a 3dfx card and playing it on that and being amazed at the difference. I only have vague memories of it but I remember you could buy upgrades. I bought a grapling hook for my sub and then tried to tow this enormous gem I found along the ocean floor ready to sell, I think a pirate sub came along and killed me before I could get it home.