PDA

View Full Version : Game Suggestion?

Kannaaashi
09-10-2012, 04:13 AM
Looking for a game here.

I looked all over the threads and didn't quite like the games that i found.

I like games with cute anime style type.. same as dragon nest, or Rose Online, or Fylff.

I want a break from all the hardcore games out there with all the serious stuff.

I want something that i can play casually maybe a game where i can level up fast (Cause i get bored when i get stuck at one level)

Any suggestions? MMORPG please.

icupnimpn2
09-10-2012, 05:29 AM
Not sure whether we have a resident expert on anime-influenced, casual, Eastern action MMORPGs. We have an expert on essentially the opposite, however.

siegarettes
09-10-2012, 06:19 AM
You're pretty much in totally the wrong place for that.

With that said, if you like those I'd say check out more games by Nexon (http://www.nexon.net/) and gPotato (http://en.gpotato.com/). You might find something there. Mabinoji or Maplestory might be up your alley if you haven't tried those.

Hypernetic
09-10-2012, 06:59 AM
I'm fairly certain that a cute anime style MMORPG without major grinding doesn't exist.

Berzee
09-10-2012, 02:27 PM
http://www.graalonline.com/

This is a half-remembered, possibly-relevant, not-anime suggestion. =P

Rauten
09-10-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm no expert, but have dabbled a bit, and... yeah, to my knowledge, what you're asking for pretty much doesn't exist.
No grinding and Eastern style are pretty exclusive terms in the MMO market. You can only have one, not both.

Heliocentric
09-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Reccetear(sp?) its an anime rogue like/bartering game where you run an item shop like one from a JRPG.

Rauten
09-10-2012, 03:42 PM
That's single player though, and he's asking for a MUMORPEGER.

Heliocentric
09-10-2012, 04:04 PM
That's single player though, and he's asking for a MUMORPEGER.

I just listed every anime style game that doesn't drive me to hateful rage.

The only MMO I hold in esteem is Guild Wars, and most people say it's not an MMO at all. Oh, and Planetside but that's just what he doesn't want

Rauten
09-10-2012, 04:14 PM
I just listed every anime style game that doesn't drive me to hateful rage.

The only MMO I hold in esteem is Guild Wars, and most people say it's not an MMO at all. Oh, and Planetside but that's just what he doesn't want

That is an awfully short list.

ChiYeon
10-10-2012, 07:56 AM
ROSE? it's like 10 years old ayt?, I think we had a locally published ROSE here (before)

Ravelle
10-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Mabinogi Online and Ragnarok Online come to mind, I've played RO for years back in the day, it's more a community game that a quest for loot game though but it's still one of my favorite online games.

ChiYeon
11-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Not sure whether we have a resident expert on anime-influenced, casual, Eastern action MMORPGs. We have an expert on essentially the opposite, however.
I think I know who you're talking about.. or well at least have met one :))

Kannaaashi
15-10-2012, 07:10 AM
It doesn't matter if it involves a lot of grinding i can deal with that.
> Recettear : looks cute ^^ buuut i get bored when i have no one to play with. still, ill add this to my list.
> Graal, not really my type. sorry
> Ragnarok.. i quit long time ago ^^ but i sure enjoyed it
> I like mabinogi im actually trying it right now :)

But still... any more suggestions? I doesn't matter if its new or old

ChiYeon
17-10-2012, 08:38 AM
I doesn't matter if its new or old

then y dont you just go play the old ones you used to play. Those involve a lotta grinding.

Kannaaashi
18-10-2012, 07:42 AM
then y dont you just go play the old ones you used to play. Those involve a lotta grinding.

Hmmm,im still playing Dragon Nest from time to time. i actually made a new character.
Flyff, well i already reached max and tired. Ive been playing that for years
for rose, i cant find a suitable private server.

ChiYeon
22-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Hmmm,im still playing Dragon Nest from time to time. i actually made a new character.
Flyff, well i already reached max and tired. Ive been playing that for years
for rose, i cant find a suitable private server.

why play on a private server if you can play official: www.roseonlinegame.com

Dragon Nest sea?

Koobazaur
24-10-2012, 12:43 AM
I know you said MMORPG, but if you're content with non MMOs, then just take a gander at the vast array of SNES/PS1 JRPGs like FF5/6, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire, Xenogears etc. They will fill your anime and grinding scratch with the added bonus of not being completely horrible. I do reach out for one every few months exactly for that reason.

Finicky
24-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Reccetear(sp?) its an anime rogue like/bartering game where you run an item shop like one from a JRPG.
Good suggestion, this is about as non conventional, non hardcore and anime as you can get.

I'll shake my head at 'a game where I level up fast', are we now in a world where people can't imagine games without rpg shit in them anymore?

Casimir Effect
24-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Really not my area of expertise...

The only MMO option I can think of is Rusty Hearts, which is a F2P MMO-ARPG (I think) which is pretty stylistic.

Else if you have an XBox360 give Eternal Sonata a go. It's a nice wee game with a happy feel to it and I never had to grind to progress.

Also Recettear is great, as other people have mentioned.

b0rsuk
24-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Impossible. Anime isn't cute.

Rauten
24-10-2012, 01:31 PM

Don't make me whip out the Moe.

ChiYeon
25-10-2012, 06:28 AM
How can anime not be cute??

Doesn'tmeananything
25-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Yeah, that's disgusting.

NecroKnight
25-10-2012, 07:06 AM
Anime can be very cute, but that characteristic isn't easy to transfer into 3D graphics.

SirDavies
25-10-2012, 11:30 AM
It's ok. Pretty uninspired if you ask me.