PDA

View Full Version : Metro: Last Light multiplayer shelved, all focus set on the campaign

ZIGS
12-10-2012, 10:46 PM
http://enterthemetro.com/us/news/game_information/multiplayer_announcement_us/

Anyone else think this is fantastic news? Because I do! If I want to play a MP game, there's plenty of proper ones to choose from, some even free. Just gimme my SP goodness in all it's glory!

victory
12-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Great stuff. Wish more studios would take the hint.

Heliocentric
12-10-2012, 10:51 PM
http://enterthemetro.com/us/news/game_information/multiplayer_announcement_us/

Anyone else think this is fantastic news? Because I do! If I want to play a MP game, there's plenty of proper ones to choose from, some even free. Just gimme my SP goodness in all it's glory!
If your Mp is not better than other multiplayer games its pointless, is it better than Battlefield 3 or Natural Selection 2 ertc, if not its neither use nor ornament.

Its a very good move, i think the PC player base (at least) realises that a tacked on MP is pointless.

SirKicksalot
12-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Darksiders 2 bombed so hard THQ cuts the cost of another "blockbuster" in the making?

sabrage
13-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Darksiders 2 bombed so hard THQ cuts the cost of another "blockbuster" in the making?
It's certainly not Borderlands 2, but saying it "bombed" is a bit of a stretch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darksiders_II#Sales).

Lukasz
13-10-2012, 06:50 AM
co-op are quite popular. wouldn't that be a great incentive for people to buy the game?

Hypernetic
13-10-2012, 07:08 AM
co-op are quite popular. wouldn't that be a great incentive for people to buy the game?

co-op doesn't belong in every game. Capcom ruined Resident Evil by making it coop, and EA is probably about to ruin Dead Space as well. Some games are just better played alone.

Diesel-
13-10-2012, 07:29 AM
WOW. thats a great news.

Screw MP. we need more SP games

NecroKnight
13-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Finally, some common sense.

agentorange
13-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Not often that budget cuts in a game I'm looking forward to make me happy, but the MP being cut from Infinite and Metro suits my wants; I was very disappointed when they announced the game would be having MP, since although they always say "the MP production won't cut into SP", it's still money and time that could be spent refining the SP, which is the reason I buy the game. It's one of the things I respect about Valve - if they want to make an MP games, they make an MP games, if they want SP, they make SP, no half-assing.

squirrel
13-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Not a surprise really. I believed they had participated in development of SOC and Clear Skies. If you played through singleplayers of them, you would realize that multiplayers of them won't be good. NPCs in singleplayers dont act in the manner like human players. Shooting mechanism of their singleplayers simply won't work in the multiplayer the way we desire. Same goes for 2033.

DaftPunk
13-10-2012, 01:35 PM
You can read about it here: http://tinyurl.com/9zm8z46

Whats wrong with you lol

Diesel-
13-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Whats wrong with you lol

someone should banned him for advertising

Finicky
13-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Awesome
Not every game needs some skinnerbox multiplayer mode attached to it.

Diesel-
13-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Masses wont buy this game because it doesnot have MP. most of them dont even know what Metro since they are busy playing COD. but game will sell enough for its fanbase and will be popular in its fanbase and i see it a good thing. if it gone mainstream. it will ruined

Doesn'tmeananything
13-10-2012, 02:56 PM
CoD and Metro bear too many similarities to put one of the games' fanbase above the other.

SirDavies
13-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Awesome news, it's great to see at least some studios focusing on doing things right.

DaftPunk
13-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Lol Diesel,you are talking about Metro as its like some niche title xD

Diesel-
13-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Lol Diesel,you are talking about Metro as its like some niche title xD

compare to mainstream games like COD, halo. it is.

Scumbag
13-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Part of me is happy they are focusing on what made the first Metro so enjoyable, part of me worries this is THQ tightening their belts further. Sure Darksiders II was possibly a good cash pull for them, but I'm sure they are not out of the woods yet.

Mohorovicic
14-10-2012, 06:56 AM
CoD and Metro bear too many similarities to put one of the games' fanbase above the other.

I don't think "fanbase" works the way you think it does.

Diesel-
14-10-2012, 07:14 AM

ofcourse fanbase is different. COD audience wont play it because it has no MP

NecroKnight
14-10-2012, 09:08 AM
COD fans won't play Metro because they don't know about any other games.

Doesn'tmeananything
14-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks for your input.

CoD audience is a very diverse group of people, though. Multiplayer might be a selling point for a big enough chunk of players, but I'd argue that the majority of those who bought the game were sucked in by marketing and they do not care about the competitive portion of the game one way or the other.

SirDavies
14-10-2012, 12:18 PM
...but I'd argue that the majority of those who bought the game were sucked in by marketing and they do not care about the competitive portion of the game one way or the other.

Thanks for your input.

Doesn'tmeananything
14-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Oh, you're very welcome! :D

LTK
14-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Diesel, strange as it may seem, people who play mainstream AAA multiplayer manshoots don't do so because they hate every other genre in existence. That is not how a fanbase works.

SirDavies
14-10-2012, 07:01 PM
You have to admit, though, that there is a big part of the COD mp demographic who only plays COD and COD-like games.