PDA

View Full Version : Split-screen racing game

Tikey
03-06-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm looking for what the title says.
I want a somewhat recent racing game with split-screen option so I can play with the ladyfriend.

Any recomendation?

Vague-rant
03-06-2011, 08:08 PM
PC, I assume?

Depends what you're looking for. Sonic and Sega Allstars racing is a pretty good Mario Kart Clone on the PC and its relatively easy to just pick up and play (though it has that annoying thing of unlocking characters/races- but there's a fair bit available at the start anyway and if you like it, unlocking becomes a fast and rewarding experience). Obviously not what you'd call a realistic racer though.

Tikey
03-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Yes, PC.
And I'll take a look at the sonic game you mention. It might not be realistic but if it's fun It'll work :)

Flint
03-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Rollcage! One of the best racing games, if not the best (in my completely biased, not-generally-fond-of-racing-games opinion). Has splitscreen multiplayer and it's fantastic fun, provided you like arcadey stuff. Might be a bit harder to buy these days (although eBay might yield results) but apparently it was listed as abandonware some time ago and you might be able to find it online.

The JG Man
03-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Rollcage is definitely awesome, but it can't beat WipeOut!

Dirt 3, which just came out, has splitscreen. I haven't tried it myself, but it looks fun to play and quite stunning.