PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Infinite - new trailer, releasedate

Henke
22-10-2012, 08:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE

Good looking trailer I must say, and awesome tune. I'm guessing perhaps they've held off advertising it a lot lately because of similarities with Dishonored (steampunk, superpowers), but I'm glad to see it's not dead, and in fact getting released before too long. Releasedate is set for February 26, 2013.

Mohorovicic
22-10-2012, 08:21 AM
That's... Bioshock. With one little sister and no Big Daddies.

Henke
22-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Well the diversuited Big Daddies would've looked like a fish out of water in Balloon City, but there are some big hulking dudes in there. The guy with the big metalhands. He doesn't look as iconic as Big Daddy though.

But on the other hand TrumpetEars at the end has a pretty fresh look to him.

BillButNotBen
22-10-2012, 09:12 AM
It's a bit hard to get a good impression as it's mostly just explosions. But the music is pretty awesome.

NSFW music video as it was in a horror movie. Guess who spent last night browsing the Nico Vega youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA1SnAlNzgQ

Mohorovicic
22-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Eeehhh... this sounds pretty bad (http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/16/bioshock-infinite-ai-and-combat-leads-exit-for-microsoft/).

BillButNotBen
22-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Well, I know nothing about video game development schedules, but i'd assume that most of the AI and Combat was done by now. Surely the core must be about assembled and it's just level building and testing by now.

On the other hand, windows 9 is going to need much better combat and AI than windows 8 currently has...

Xercies
22-10-2012, 09:55 AM
It does seem just Like Bioshock in a different land which is a ltitle dissapo9nting but I'm sure it will be good sicne i didn't mind the first Bioshock, I think people's hyope levels have been in check and i would say that this is the arty blockbuster to CODs blockbuster, its similar but has a few deeper themes and gameplay choices.

sonson
22-10-2012, 09:56 AM
If the gameplay and narrative work together rather than completely apart as they did for most of Bioshock it will be a great game

BillButNotBen
22-10-2012, 10:31 AM
If the gameplay and narrative work together rather than completely apart as they did for most of Bioshock it will be a great game

The gameplay and narrative were 100% in sync for the first half of Bioshock, it was just the second half that was totally out of sync. But I took that as some kind of sly wink.

Diesel-
22-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Game still looks mediocre

sonson
22-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Not for me. Medical Wing-pretty much perfect gaming experience. Then you get to the fishieries and it's just Splicer genocide, shoot first ask questions later, actively hunt and annoy the big scary Big Daddies-basically a complete reverse of what you learn in the first level i.e be careful, hide from Splicers and Big Daddies when you can, you are vulnerable and fleshy. By the end of the game you have killed anyone you wanted, you own Rapture, it's dystopia and sadness has got nothing on you.

Hypernetic
22-10-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm not sure how I feel. I really loved the first Bioshock. Bioshock 2 was entertaining, but failed to recapture the magic of the first one. This one just looks.. meh? I don't know. Maybe the trailer just sucks?

squirrel
22-10-2012, 02:09 PM
The release day gets pushed back for the sake of Borderlands 2, but no complaint from me. More time to polish the game should give us a better work. Plus, it really doesn't work for us if two releases cannibalize each others.

Western version of Laputa.

BillButNotBen
22-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Not for me. Medical Wing-pretty much perfect gaming experience. Then you get to the fishieries and it's just Splicer genocide, shoot first ask questions later, actively hunt and annoy the big scary Big Daddies-basically a complete reverse of what you learn in the first level i.e be careful, hide from Splicers and Big Daddies when you can, you are vulnerable and fleshy. By the end of the game you have killed anyone you wanted, you own Rapture, it's dystopia and sadness has got nothing on you.

Maybe depends how you played it. I kept sneaking around and hiding and running - maybe i could have gone in guns blazing, but it wasn't what i did. As you escalated your power the initially scary enemies got easier, but new ones came in and got harder. The second half was weaker, but I didn't really get the feeling you did. (I mostly just felt the last half was a missed opportunity (unless it was a sly wink) and the final level was dumb. But most games have dumb final levels. )

Never tried Bioshock 2 as it was totally unnecessary. Will try this if my PC can handle it.

Voon
22-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Funny. I was just thinking about this game a while ago... Looks like it is going to be released after all

Diesel-
22-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Metro last light will be so much better and both are releasing in early 2013 but will be overshadow cuz its less mainstream game while being better..

Mohorovicic
22-10-2012, 03:19 PM
It really makes me want to rip the trailer from YT, replace the Irrational Games logo with Valve one and repost it here just for Diesel-.

db1331
22-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Game still looks mediocre

LOL, this fucking guy. "Something is popular and mainstream! I hate it! Everyone needs to stop liking it right now!"

Based on pedigree alone, BioShock should blow Metro out of the water. I don't know which will be better though, and neither do you. They both look good to me.

Mohorovicic
22-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Well, as been proven time and time again, pedigree means next to nothing.

SirKicksalot
22-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Never tried Bioshock 2 as it was totally unnecessary.
Bioshock 2 is better in every imaginable. It just lacks the novelty factor and you're a shallow person if that's all you care about.

Barnox
22-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Damn, can any game's marketing department communicate with the people in charge of the narrative?

This trailer is straight out of E3 territory. "Screw the story and the finely crafted world, gunsplosions for errybody. Also unfitting music."

coldvvvave
22-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Metro last light will be so much better
Oh ffs, you and your Metro worship.

Henke
22-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Bioshock 2 is better in every imaginable. It just lacks the novelty factor and you're a shallow person if that's all you care about.

Every imaginable you say?

The story wasn't as gripping in the sequel I thought. The gameplay was certainly better though. Loved setting up traps for the splicers before starting to drain the angels.

Diesel-
22-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Oh ffs, you and your Metro worship.

Bioshock infinite looks more closer to JRPG style melodrama than FPS unlike Metro.

look at this

http://cdn3-www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2010/11/feature-BioShock-Infinite.jpg

and this

http://www.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Metro_LL_TGS11_5.jpg

dark and gritty Atmosphere.

lasikbear
22-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Its almost as if two things can have different aesthetics. Or does the presence of flowers preclude all use of guns?

DaftPunk
22-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Omg Diesel just stop this nonsence,this is not GAMETRAILERS anymore for christ sake. No need to have bad rep here as well..

SirKicksalot
22-10-2012, 06:40 PM

Metro has small spider enemies? Aw hell naw!
The only thing worse than a small spider-like enemy is a small flying enemy.
At least Doom 3 has rather big and slow spiders.

QuantaCat
22-10-2012, 06:42 PM
I much prefered Bioshock 2 to 1. I could relate waaaaay more to the main character in 2 than in 1, even though you were guiding a "monster".

Tei
22-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Somehone mentioned METRO?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIGcNjXFwoA

--

About Infinite:

I hope release, is a success all around. I kind of love the art style aim that, I hope can pull the ambition that the video show. Crazy, fantastic, otherworldly. It will be hard, and now even more with the bad news, but hope the game finnaly release in good state, and we use play it with joy :D

Gorzan
22-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Bioshock infinite looks more closer to JRPG style melodrama than FPS unlike Metro.
look at this
This actually happened, right? I'm not dreaming or anything.

db1331
22-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Its almost as if two things can have different aesthetics. Or does the presence of flowers preclude all use of guns?

Clearly, having colors other than brown and gray automatically makes a game "gay".

DaftPunk
22-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Please don't mind Diesel,he is famous GT troll,you'll see over some time that he only comment about Hitman,STALKER and METRO..

Kevin
22-10-2012, 10:21 PM
I don't know. While I enjoyed Bioshock 1, the refined gameplay of Bioshock 2 was a world better than Bioshock 1's, and I did find the story actually as engrossing as Irrational's effort (there actually being multiple endings, and I actually checked in with that ARG campaign, "Something in the Water", they had going from time to time).

2K Marin found themselves in a bad situation with Bioshock 2, but they did better than most other studios could have if they were in their shoes. A shame they got embroiled in that XCOM debacle which no amount of talent could ever make it come out good for all parties involved.

Mohorovicic
23-10-2012, 06:47 AM
This trailer is straight out of E3 territory. "Screw the story and the finely crafted world, gunsplosions for errybody. Also unfitting music."

It showed some gameplay. That's enough.

Razza353
24-10-2012, 03:03 AM
I'm definitely excited for this. If any game can produce a good story, I'm hooked.

o0Slickman0o
30-10-2012, 05:23 AM
Bioshock Infinite better not be a scripted, lead you by the hand, type of game, or I will kill someone.

Squiz
30-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Bioshock Infinite better not be a scripted, lead you by the hand, type of game, or I will kill someone.In an unscripted way. And in the game.