PDA

View Full Version : Anno 2070 - Deep Waters Expansion

QuantaCat
23-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Any experience? I can only find german reviews (not theres anything wrong with that, it just seems odd).

Also please, if you dont own anno 2070, and hate it, and will never own it; fuck off prematurely. Thank you.

gundato
23-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Also please, if you dont own anno 2070, and hate it, and will never own it; fuck off prematurely. Thank you.
I find thinking of Gary Busey helps to avoid that.

Patrick Swayze
23-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Waiting for Steam Sale. I've not finished last part of the campaign yet so I won't hit it for quite some time.

Stellar Duck
23-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I own Anno 2070 as it happens. Just bought it today. After 3 hours of wrangling with Uplay I even got to play it. Seems like a good game, so I'd also be interested in hearing about the expansion.

QuantaCat
23-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I like anno 2070 a lot, but the expansion sounds interesting; just havent found many sources about it yet.

QuantaCat
15-11-2012, 03:53 PM
I bought the expansion, I love it! Its more of the same, with some interesting new dynamics, including an NPC you can add to any game that arrives four hours later with a huge battleship and eternally respawning smaller ships, in strenght somewhat between the fast raiders and the battleships you can build.

Also, there are the geniuses, which require another shittonne of new stuff, but also add energy transferral from island to island, as well as make underwater base building more efficient; they have smaller underwater depots where subs can dock (so you can effectively make underwater trading routes).

Oh and you can make underwater trading routes anyway, the subs will go underwater when possible and rise if necessary to dock at an island. Which is really practical, especially with that new cargo sub that has "silent running" (ie. automatic stealth when unterwater, which is also purchasable from one of the NPCs)

I cant remember if there were attack subs in the basic game, but there are now! Generally: all around good expansion, lots of fun and will have you pile another "couple" of hours to that game :D

one negative point: still no offline lan play, though. But it does seem like LAN play when online is very fast indeed, probably faster than before. Definitely one of the best "longplay" games around, its extremely stable, especially compared to Civ 5 which tends to crash in the later turns, even though its fucking turnbased.