PDA

View Full Version : Deadlight is out on Steam - worth or not?

sk2k
25-10-2012, 06:44 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/211400

It was released for XBOX360 and it's now available on Steam. Anyone played it (XBOX or PC) ? Is it worth the money? The graphics are nice, but how is the gameplay?

Memph
25-10-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm hovering over the buy button right now...loves me some zombie apocalypse stuff, especially when it's more survival than hosing them down with weaponry.

Watched some of gameplay on youtube and it looks slick enough, in fact it looks like Flashback with zombies, which would be bloody fantastic. My only concern is it's length. That's a suspiciously low price for something with Microsoft stamped on it...
It's this or Mark of the Ninja. Hmmm.

edity: apparently it's about 3 hours long

SirDavies
25-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Here's an interview with two of the game's devs. On behalf of all Spanish people I apologize for that horrible accent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTL-Egw16Bo

agentorange
25-10-2012, 10:49 PM
There's a review on Giantbomb. It is apparently quite not very good.

Gorzan
25-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Here's an interview with two of the game's devs. On behalf of all Spanish people I apologize for that horrible accent.

That's not a matter of accent, it's just bad pronunciation, most of us have horrible english accents, but he can't even make soft Ts.

SirDavies
25-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I'm spanish and I could barely understand him.

About the game, the general opinion when it came out, if I remember correctly, was that it was good, but that it had the potential to be much better and had some weird design decisions thrown in that didn't really match with the rest of the game. Still I think it can be quite enjoyable if it's the type of game you like.

Edit: Btw, you guys should check out that youtube channel, he has lenghty reviews with a lot of popular indie devs (people responsible for Journey, Braid, Super Meat Boy, Spelunky...) but sadly doesn't get many views.

Rauten
25-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I'm spanish and I could barely understand him.

Oh come on, it can't be that...

*watches a bit of the video*

Did they move Madrid to Russia when I wasn't looking or something? Jesus.