PDA

View Full Version : Interstellar Marines KICKSTARTER!

DaftPunk
26-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Their goal is 600 000 dollars,do you think they can make it ???

Dear Kickstarters,We are a small independent game developer, working hard to build the game of our dreams called Interstellar Marines.

For the last few years we’ve developed playable prototypes designed to demonstrate the potential of our game, and shared them openly with our amazing community that have persistently supported us through thick and thin.

We’ve now come to a tipping point in game development history, where it’s finally possible for small studios to deliver AAA-quality games independently of huge corporate publishers that are too afraid to try something new – so we turn our attention to you!
We hope you will join us in our grand endeavor and together prove thatdreams do come true.
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME,
Your team at Zero Point Software

Diesel-
26-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Hopefully.

game looks good.

DaftPunk
26-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Just watched the presentation video and its good,game also quite improved since i last saw it :D

Diesel-
26-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Just watched the presentation video and its good,game also quite improved since i last saw it :D

is there any new video? i watched the old video and screens than game disapear and i thought its cancelled.

DaftPunk
26-10-2012, 09:36 AM
I think the footage in kickstarter video is fairly new. Interesting they're promoting this game as mix of System Shock 2,Half Life 1 and R6:Raven Shield!!!

Fanbuoy
26-10-2012, 11:03 AM
I think the footage in kickstarter video is fairly new. Interesting they're promoting this game as mix of System Shock 2,Half Life 1 and R6:Raven Shield!!!

Well, the System Shock and Half Life games are good and all, but that does in no way mean that this game will be. I just thought it felt a bit populistic. "Hey, we're influenced by these milestones in FPS history and not Call of Honorfield." I think there are quite a lot of games that are inspired by those, both good and bad. I don't know much about Raven Shield, though.

The RPG elements could be a nice addition, provided that they're implemented well and aren't just added as some gimmick. They didn't talk much about them though, so I'm guessing it won't be a very deep system.

Also, what's up with the weird four-legged shark monsters? I mean, I could live with them existing, but they appeared like twenty times in the trailer! They just felt wrong to me.

I don't mean to be zealously pessimistic, but this trailer left me cautious, not excited. I do hope for the game to be good though, it sounds like a decent enough premise. I also hope for the game to feature an all Danish cast, as their accents would be awesome (I'm half kidding).

Similar
26-10-2012, 11:29 AM
I also hope for the game to feature an all Danish cast, as their accents would be awesome (I'm half kidding).
This made me laugh. As long as they don't hire any politicians for the voice acting, it might not be too painful, though.

caljohnston
26-10-2012, 12:40 PM
These guys talk a lot, but so far they haven't shown anything interesting.

Mbaya
26-10-2012, 12:57 PM
I've put in for the Prologue, was impressed by the video's on their Greenlight Page (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93777661&searchtext) a while back - although it seems a bit odd they're doing this standalone rather than getting into the full fledged game from the start.

Still, I've liked what I've seen so far and would like to see them work towards the planned trilogy. Also, landsharks!

Odeskypher
27-10-2012, 01:18 PM
I joined up with their crowd sourcing deal 1.5 years ago and really hope kickstarter can get things rolling with this game. I'm still immensely excited by this project.

Spearhead/Frontline members get access to their playable prototypes Vault, Bullseye and Running Man. Deadlock multiplayer to be released next (not sure when). They're interesting but slightly shallow glimpses of what's to come.

Being SS2 fans, they've managed to get the voice of Shodan onboard for the game, awesome.

DaftPunk
27-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Here's the link for kickstarter,their goal is 600 000 dollars,they're on 20 626 now,and 31 days are left.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zeropointsoftware/interstellar-marines-prologue

RPS Kickstarter Katchup:

"A co-op tactical FPS with nonlinear gameplay, claim Zero Point Software, and then deliver ten minutes of video that manages to be informative, amusing and extremely well produced. If you’re going to try and emulate the triple-A experience, having a triple-A video certainly helps. I expected to be bored after the first couple of minutes but now I’d recommend anyone with the slightest interest in co-op FPS games takes a look at the pitch. And then tries to explain exactly what is happening with the sharks."

Diesel-
27-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Game sound so interesting. no reason not to release this game.

sabrage
27-10-2012, 05:12 PM
On the one hand, it looks pretty goddamn generic.

On the other hand, landsharks. Landsharks in space.

ZIGS
27-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I pre-ordered this freaking game 2 and a half years ago!

Sparkasaurusmex
31-10-2014, 06:33 PM
So this game is currently on sale and looks like it's slowly coming along. Can anyone talk about what it's like now?

Nalano
31-10-2014, 06:39 PM
So let me get this straight:

Some dudes want to make a game about space marines (breaking new ground, guys!) and what they have offered is a mashup of a laundry list of games seemingly picked for their high nostalgia value.

Do you people actually fall for this shit?

Skyturnedred
31-10-2014, 06:46 PM
"last few years"

Eh, didn't they start developing this game almost a decade ago?

Sparkasaurusmex
31-10-2014, 06:53 PM
I know nothing about the game, except that it seems to have really cool implementation of headset voices. Not enough to want the game, obviously.

somini
31-10-2014, 08:44 PM
"last few years"

Eh, didn't they start developing this game almost a decade ago?

Some dudes want to make a game about space marines (breaking new ground, guys!) and what they have offered is a mashup of a laundry list of games seemingly picked for their high nostalgia value.

10 years. That's how long it takes.

Blackcompany
31-10-2014, 11:29 PM

Well said. I could not agree more.

Drake Sigar
31-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Well said. I could not agree more.
Don't encourage him.

somini
31-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Don't encourage him.
Nalano is not fuelled by simple vanity and Internet pats-in-the-back. Some say CERN was created specifically to search for this purpose.

Nalano
31-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Don't encourage him.

Nobody needs to. I do this for love.