PDA

View Full Version : Old Educational Game in UK primary school? Orange teddy bears?

Cooper
26-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Ok, I was trying to work out what the first game I ever played was.

I'm fairly certain it was a DOS game, being as I'm a bit to young (1984 baby) for the Mirco era. Though it may have been something like the Acorn Archimedes.

It was on the only computer available for student use in the whole school. It involved things from basic math puzzles to some reaction based puuzzles to 'hide and seek' type games.

My main recollection is that the art was basically orange teddy bears on a black screen with the odd treee. Probably some teddy bear picnic type theme. But Google is proving of no help.

My assumption is that - if anywhere - the RPS forums may have someone else from the UK who remembers this...

Cooper
26-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Fun School 2 for the Under 6s (http://www.acornelectron.co.uk/mags/mu/revs/database/r-fu21.html) Not sure what platform though...

NathanH
26-10-2012, 08:58 PM
I played that game too! I remember that getting one of the maths questions wrong made it make a nasty noise and that made me sad. Clearly this caused me to be good at maths tests, and so we can without question say that Fun School 2 made me a mathematician. Forget video games causing violence, parents... video games make you a maths nerd! So much worse!