PDA

View Full Version : Scourge of War: Gettysburg

Monty
03-06-2011, 07:50 PM
ROCK, PAPER, SECESSION

Ah, that new forum smell.

This is a thread for Scourge of War: Gettysburg (http://www.scourgeofwar.com/index.shtml) on RPS. We have our own steam group (Rock, Paper, Secession) (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSSOW) where we’ll usually congregate in group chat at 7pm UK time to get a battle going. We welcome players of any and all ability.

If you're wondering what Scourge of War looks like, wonder no more. Thanks to Alikchi for the video, and also for getting this whole community started in the first place (including thinking up our rather excellent name):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbsbTGAP4ww&feature=feedu

A Quick Start Guide for SoW MP

Getting Started
If you're hosting, you should make sure UDP port 31791 is open.

If you're using the lobby to play, the host will need to first create a room in the lobby. All players should join the room before the host clicks the “Enter Staging Area” button which will take you to the scenario set up room. New players will now be unable to join the game.

If the game fails for any reason and you're returned to the lobby screen, you'll need to create a new room to play.

The host sets the graphics settings (i.e. map and uniform details) for everyone. If you have trouble running SoW on the highest settings, pipe up before we start and we'll change it. Also, the map detail settings seem to dial down to “High” every time you start a new game, so if you want to play at “Best” (with buildings etc.) then you need to set that in the options each time.

Scenario Set Up
Don’t try playing an Army vs Army encounter using the third day OoBs. That’s over a hundred thousand virtual people in all and the game can’t cope.

If you want to impose restrictions on how far you can travel from your general, at what level couriers are necessary to convey your commands and how units appear on the minimap, click on “Custom” as a difficulty setting then change each individual setting.

There is a box marked “realism” but I’m not sure what this does other than override some of your settings (e.g. your max distance from leader setting).

Because Confederate divisions tended to be much larger than Union ones, a simple division vs division battle is unlikely to be an equal contest. Clicking on “balanced forces” will ensure that the same amount of brigades will face of against each other, even if it means a division going against a division and a half.

Playing the Game
Don't Alt-Tab. Alt-Tabbing will pause the game for everyone. The Steam Overlay works fine, though.

“F1” opens an ingame help box which includes useful things like a list of keyboard commands.

The apostrophe opens up the console which can obstruct the use of proper punctuation in one’s courier messages. Just press enter to clear the console and carry on typing the message.

Remember, to draft a courier message you type it so that it appears in the box to the left, then press enter so that it appears in the message to the right. Then click send message for the courier to gallop off with it.

As of now, you can only send one courier per recipient at a time. For example, Ali, TC-27 and I are playing a game. I can immediately send a message to Ali, then immediately send a message to TC-27. I will not, however, be able to send another message to either of them until my initial message is received. I’m not sure whether or not this is a bug.

Mods
If you have any mods activated, it's best to deactivate them before joining unless we're specifically using them.

I strongly suggest installing the textured minimap mod (1mb) (http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=44&id=14175&Itemid=103) that changes the stock historical minimap to a more friendly minimap that indicates where all the roads, woods and farmland are. To install it simply extract it to your Scourge of War folder. It creates a backup of the default minimap. Whether or not you have this installed will not disrupt a MP game.

The OoB mod (http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=44&id=28824&Itemid=103#28824) (1mb) introduces a wealth of different OoBs from the entire civil war. It means that we can play games with more variety in the composition and mixture of divisions and corps. Simply extract the entire folder to your “Mods” folder and activate it in game by clicking on “Modifications” then clicking on the mod’s name (a yellow bar will appear next to it). Every player needs to have this installed and activated to use it in an MP game.

Other
The latest patch introduces new features and new commands (such as the ability to command your troops via a minimap) that due to an oversight haven’t been activated. The files are there you just need to rename two files to get it working properly. The procedure is explained here. (http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=42&id=29455&Itemid=124)

The NorbSoftDev’s SoW MP Manual (http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=48&id=13633&Itemid=124)

How to Turn on Logging

I've raised the issue of our game freezes on the NorbSoftDev forum and Norb has asked us to collect information on it by doing this:

In your sowgb.ini file, add the following:

[Debug]
DbgLvl=2
MPLog=1

This will dump a log file of the MP game packets into your work folder. Have everyone in the game do this this. Now when you play and have a problem. Grab all the files and send them to our support email please.

work/sowgb.log
work/sowmp_*****.log

Two files from each player, the mp logs will grow and need to be manually deleted. So just grab the latest one when you collect them.

Leffe7
04-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Here are some additional tips and observations I made while playing SOW in multiplayer. Maybe you know some of this already by reading the manual =) but anyway...
Feel free to add your own.

Keyboard

Don't forget to activate the new keyboard commands since patch 1.2
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=42&id=29455&Itemid=124
I often use the "numpad 7" to order troops to advance to the next position where they have a defensive bonus.

If you are using a QWERTZ keyboard like me, you should also edit in keyboard.csv

Speed Up,+,speedup
Slow,-,speeddown
to
Speed Up,GREYPLUS,speedup,,,,,
Slow,GREYSLASH,speeddown,,,,,

or else you can't change the speed of the game (this is singleplayer only).

If you accidently hit the "!" or "" key in-game you may get in console mode. Hit enter and continue.

Standard Options (page 2)

Max Terrain Draw Distance: Best
Show Map Objects: Best
Max (...) Draw Distance: 1000 yards
If you are having performance issues, try switching off the off-map trees and terrain, reduce the percent trees showing to 60-70, and/or reduce uniform settings to Medium or High.

MP Options

We usually play with the following MP settings (set by the host for all players)

Custom difficulty
Map Icons Display Level: Bare Map
Max Camera Distance from You: 100
Uniforms: Best or Medium
Show Map objects: Best
Realism: Off

Chat house rules

In-game chat with "x" is allowed just after starting the game. Later use it only if you are standing next to another general (within hearing range). Team chat is "i".
The rest is to be done with courier messages and this is an important part of the fun while playing this game (for me at least).

Couriers

As already mentioned, you can only send one courier to one recipient at one time. There is no way to see if your last message has been received yet. But if you click send and no courier rides away, you know that the prior message is still underway.
Therefore it is of some importance where you and the other commanders are standing. Keep in mind that couriers love to travel on roads even if this means taking a long detour and/or through enemy lines!
Try to put yourself (and subordinates) near roads so you have a fast link to communicate. If there is no road, ride some yards in the direction of the recipient to make sure he gets the orders in time.
If you click on "Free Text" in the courier menu but nothing happens, exit the menu, click the "Go to Me" button and try again. Sometimes this happens when you selected enemy commanders.

Ordnance Supply Train

You should TC it. If not, the train wanders around on roads trying to follow the highest-ranking commander and isn't there where you need it. Keep it close to your artillery, since they will need ammo sooner than your infantry. Your standard artillery gun has 12 rounds of canister shots.
Also if the ordnance train isn't TC'ed, infantry sent to resupply will have a hard time of catching it.

Artillery

Position them on higher ground, in defensive terrain and with a clear field of view.
According to the manual, canister shots are used at 350 yards and less. I thinks its actually less.
Protect your guns with infantry, but if you put a regiment right in front of the guns, the guns have no target sight anymore and can't shoot. So try to position your infantry at the flanks and a bit ahead of the artillery.
I usually order artillery to target infantry, I've never seen much impact when shooting at other guns.
12lb guns are best at close range, 10lb are average, and 3lb guns are best at large distance.

Freezing games

Sometimes we had problems like freezing games. It is not yet fully clear why this happens.
If the game is freezing, try to chat in-game with "x". If all players can chat normally, wait some time, maybe the game will continue again. If all can chat except one player, message this one player in steam to quit the game. Sometimes the battle then continues for the others at least.
As long as you can see the colored stars on the right border of your screen representing the other players, you are still online.

Kelron
04-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Targeting artillery can be effective with sustained and concentrated fire. You won't score a lot of kills but you will be inflicting morale and fatigue loss which makes them less effective.

Monty
06-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Good news! My ISP is sending me a replacement router. It should be here tomorrow.

TheBlobThing
07-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Brilliant! Hope that clears the hangs.

TC27
07-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Spoke with Monty last night and we are hoping for a big game tonight at about 7.30 to 8.00pm NST tonight.

I am in the mood for something big maybe a Corps scale game?

TheBlobThing
07-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Not my favorite size (yet), but I'll give it a shot.

Monty
07-06-2011, 04:28 PM
I've set an event for 8pm tonight. Depending on the numbers we could try a versus game, either way I'm looking forward to a nice big engagement (just like the old days) to stress test my brand new router.

TheBlobThing
07-06-2011, 04:45 PM
I'll be there. Hope to see a lot of people :)

Monty
07-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Well that was an interesting night. It seems as though the connection issues may be over leaving us just with concerns over graphics levels causing slow down.

TheBlobThing
07-06-2011, 11:25 PM
It certainly seems so. And my my what a bloody little scrap it was tonight.

Khryses
08-06-2011, 12:11 AM
And as the week cycles 'round, tonight may actually be doable for me.

Anyone else planning on making an appearance? :)

TheBlobThing
08-06-2011, 07:29 AM
I might. Gotta fill out those long summer evenings somehow ;)

Leffe7
08-06-2011, 12:12 PM
I might also. What time have you thought of?

TC27
08-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Might be worth trying to find out what the issue is with uniforms - for me playing on maximum uniforms makes the game very much more appealing visually so I would like to keep doing it if possible.

I cant make it tonight so have fun!

TheBlobThing
08-06-2011, 08:27 PM
I just bough Mafia 2 in a D2D sale, so I'll sit this one out too. Sorry lads. Emancipate the slaves without me!

Khryses
09-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Missed it I'm sorry - apparently I was behind in the whole sleep thing, only just cracked my lids (alarm or no alarm).

Same time tomorrow?

Leffe7
09-06-2011, 08:47 AM
lol - I wasn't online either.
Maybe today 7pm BST?

Khryses
09-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Works for me, see you then

EDIT: Le sigh. Called in to work tomorrow, so I wouldn't have time for more than an hour before I'd have to go.

Rain check, pushing it back one (more) day?

Will be on 7pm BST then ;)

Monty
10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
The first DLC has been announced for early July:

During the month of June 1863, Gen. Robert E. Lee's Army of Northern Virginia was on the move to invade the north. The Union army needed a strong defensive position to meet the threat and to defend Baltimore and Washingon. The Pipe Creek line was the proposed defensive position chosen by Maj. Gen George G. Meade when he assumed command of The Army of The Potomac on June 28th, 1863. Read more about The Pipe Creek Line (http://www.civilwarhome.com/pcl.htm)

By July 1st, Meade's Pipe Creek Line was nearly complete with five of the seven corps in position. The line of course had to be abandoned as the general engagement which both Gen. Heth and Gen. Buford had been cautioned not to bring on, was already under way in the town of Gettysburg.

This package will depict the fictional Battle of Pipe Creek had the Union army retreated to the Pipe Creek Line after the fighting on July 1st.

What the package will include:

- Three five mile maps covering The Pipe Creek Line in Carroll County, MD.
- Six single player scenarios covering the battle.
- Three multiplayer scenarios.

The package will be available via direct download for only $9.99.

http://norbsoftdev.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=20&id=31212&Itemid=103

Khryses
11-06-2011, 01:30 PM
I'll put my name in the ring for 7pm BST again - anyone else coming for a little ACW-gaming this weekend?

Leffe7
11-06-2011, 06:38 PM
@khryses: today i might do it after 9pm BST.

Leffe7
14-06-2011, 12:27 PM
I'll be online today after 7pm BST. Anyone else too?

Monty
14-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Me, most likely. But I recommend 8pm as our usual play time since that's when Doug's most likely to be on (if he's on) and will also mean Khryses gets an extra hour of sleep (when he's around).

Khryses
14-06-2011, 02:21 PM
I won't be on tonight then, but will be tomorrow night.

Abusing the leeway kindly granted me for sleep to get a game of bloodbowl in against Laneford *laughs*

Monty
15-06-2011, 11:36 AM
I've raised the issue of our game freezes on the NorbSoftDev forum and Norb has asked us to collect information on it by doing this:

In your sowgb.ini file, add the following:

[Debug]
DbgLvl=2
MPLog=1

This will dump a log file of the MP game packets into your work folder. Have everyone in the game do this this. Now when you play and have a problem. Grab all the files and send them to our support email please.

work/sowgb.log
work/sowmp_*****.log

Two files from each player, the mp logs will grow and need to be manually deleted. So just grab the latest one when you collect them.

We should probably organise something on Dropbox to coordinate this.

Leffe7
16-06-2011, 10:37 AM
After activiating the debug mode in the sowgb.ini you will see a pretty large and live-adjusting status screen in-game.
For an ACW general this could become distracting, but by clicking "U" you can hide this.

Monty
16-06-2011, 12:39 PM
That removes the entire UI which can also be useful for screenshots.

Monty
20-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Ok, Leffe and Ararog, copy all of today's MP logs (even the one that didn't break) with the SOWGB.log into a folder named with your SoW MP name and the date. Zip that up, host it somewhere and I'll combine them all to send off to Norb.

Khryses
21-06-2011, 07:37 AM
In a way, I'm kind of relieved it doesn't just happen when I'm in on the game.

In a way.

Monty
22-06-2011, 07:29 PM
The Epic Battle of Epicness
21st June 2011

Hunt Them Down (No Objectives)
Devils Den Map

Feds
III Corps/AotP - Monty (Sickles)
1st Division - TC (Birney)
2nd Division - Humphreys (AI Controlled by Monty)

Rebs
III Corps/ANV - Leffe (A. P. Hill)
Anderson's Division - Doug (Anderson)
Heth's Division - Heth (AI Controlled by Leffe)

This report is from my perspective, so might not be entirely accurate for areas out of my field of view. I spent all of my time on the left of the Union line.

We (the Union) started in the fields west of the Peach Orchard. The map is dominated by the Round Tops, so whoever held them would win the day, so we immediately started off towards them. We were dismayed to discover that the Rebs had beat us there with Doug's division on the Round Tops and Leffe's division extending the line north along a prominent ridge. TC moved off to occupy Devil's Den (a rocky area filled with huge boulders) while I faced down Leffe (Heth).

Leffe's (Heth's) division was well entrenched on his ridge line with regiments sheltering behind thick stone walls interspersed here and there with artillery batteries. A frontal assault would be murderous, but I had little choice. TC occupied Doug with artillery and sharpshooter skirmishing with the hope of provoking him to move off his superb defensive terrain and I ordered my division forward to engage Leffe (Heth).

If I was to prevail, I would have to use the only advantage I held over Leffe - I held the initiative. By adopting a defensive posture Leffe had left it to me to direct the course of the battle. I had two of my three brigades already formed facing Leffe's division, just outside of musket range. I moved my reserve brigade out to the left of my line and waited to see how Leffe would react. Leffe countered by deploying his reserve further to his right. I sensed an opportunity. Leffe had dangerously overextended his line, his defences were still formidable, but brittle. Enough pressure at one point could split his line in two.

I ordered my reserve brigade far out to the right of the Confederate line and had it drive inwards, while my centre brigade was ordered forward to fix the enemy before him. A final brigade was left in place to the right to deter Leffe from moving out to flank my attack.

It was a case of grinding down the opposition. Some of my regiments were able to shelter behind stone walls as they did battle with the men of Leffes division behind their stonewalls on the opposite end of the field.

On the Rebel left (the Union right) Doug had decided it was time to sweep through TCs division in Devils Den with the hope of eventually rolling up my division. It was an ambitious strategy and TC showed no sign of trouble in holding off Dougs troopers. TC even offered to relieve my hitherto uncommitted brigade.

I eagerly accepted TC's proposal as by now a gap had appeared between Leffe's two rightmost brigades. I redeployed my uncommitted brigade to exploit this gap. Leffe immediately countered by bringing out the rest of his division in an attempt to flank my assault, but TC had it covered. De Trobriand's brigade smashed into Leffes exposed left flank. The flankers had been flanked.

From there it was simply a matter of maintaining the pressure on Leffe. One of his brigades managed to hold out to the north, but it was increasingly isolated. Leffe's (Heth's) division was almost comprehensively destroyed by the time my division reached the slopes of Little Round Top. After successfully keeping Doug's assault into the Devil's Den at bay, TC joined the general assault on LRT. My division faltered here, and on reflection I shouldn't have pressed the attack before supporting artillery could be brought up, but despite refusing his flank Doug quickly revealed himself to be out of reserves. It was only a matter of time.

And that's when the game froze.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa30/DelMonty/SoWGB/EpicBattle.gif

Khryses
23-06-2011, 02:58 AM
Great battle report as always Monty - tell me, what program did you use for the animated map?

I can see where you drew the map from - good call :)

Leffe7
23-06-2011, 09:54 AM
That was an outstanding battle. Thanks for your well done report, Monty. I wish you could stop that animated battle picture so I could look at it step by step how you decimated my command ;-)

When Doug and I entered the game right behind the round tops we were already in high spirits, I mean how could you possibly dare to attack us here?!

Doug occupied Devils Den in the beginning but withdrew when you marched on him, and wasn't able to capture it back.
I underestimated Montys force flanking me on the right, and he could fight my units where they were too thin and had no direct artillery support.
And that one brigade of me in the wheatfield trying to stabilize my position was literally routed in no-time. Next time I should better TC them...

Gap Gen
23-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Man, I should play this again at some point. Maybe Sunday.

I remember the game where we attacked down from Cemetery Ridge onto Taneytown Road and heavily routed the AI (I think Ali attacked down from the ridge and I flanked down Taneytown Road?), and Monty's pushing the enemy off Little Round Top, so clearly he's had some practice (although it looks like TC did the grunt work on that one?).

It'd be good to figure out the multiplayer crashes. I guess I'm responsible for a lot of them, but clearly I'm not the only one having problems.

Monty
23-06-2011, 02:58 PM
@Khryses
http://www.gimp.org/
(MilSketch for the NATO symbols) (http://www.historicalsoftware.com/HSC/HSCmilsketch.htm)

@Leffe
I thought Doug had initially occupied the Devils Den! My initial orders to TC were to engage him there with the hope of compelling him to leave the Round Tops to reinforce it. Afterwards I wasn't too sure if I had just mistaken TC's troops for Rebs.

@Gap
I think things have improved since I got my new router. The game now recovers from some hangs and that never happened before.

Leffe7
23-06-2011, 04:17 PM
@Leffe
I thought Doug had initially occupied the Devils Den! My initial orders to TC were to engage him there with the hope of compelling him to leave the Round Tops to reinforce it. Afterwards I wasn't too sure if I had just mistaken TC's troops for Rebs.

Yes, Doug was holding Devils Den with one brigade. My orders for him were to scout ahead for federal troops. He then fell back to our main line on the round tops. I discussed with Doug the possibility to flank TC from the south, but wasn't aware he was actually doing it, since I was too occupied with you, Monty.

A game is scheduled for friday 7.30pm BST (I will add a steam event).

Monty
27-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Leffe and Ararog, can you upload your logs to the 24.06.11 folder please?

Gap Gen
28-06-2011, 03:08 PM
So one thing I noticed about the battle last night was that I barely interacted with units from another human player's corps. I fought my little corner, and once we had basically won I started to mop up with other people. Is this a general feature of the larger battles, or were we unlucky that our centre folded and the battle was about figuring out who was flanking whom in isolated skirmishes?

Monty
28-06-2011, 05:24 PM
We don't usually play army sized battles, but road congestion alone would militate against corps acting too close together. That said, you would expect the smaller Union corps to cooperate more often than the generally much larger Confederate corps. Indeed, on the second day it was Hancock's II Corps that had to save the day when Sickles III Corps collapsed.

Leffe7
28-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Sometimes I have the feeling that our coop battles are a little bit too easy. Either because the AI is not always very clever, or because we are veteran generals by now, who communicate exemplary even under heavy fire ;-)

Now wouldn't it be cool to win an attack or hunt them down battle against a stronger enemy? Or to defend an objective against an enemy three times your force? Or beginning an engagement when you have no idea how strong the enemy is in fact?

The MP options in SoW are a bit limited, and when the host doesn't check "balance forces" you dont know for sure how strong the enemy will turn out to be. The enemy could even be weaker than yours.

Now I did a little research on the custom OOBs we all have installed as a mod. And I found a number of combinations where it is clear that you will face a stronger enemy in-game. This is done by selecting "division vs. divison" or "corps vs. corps", a specific general and his force and of course you don't activate "balance forces". In some combinations there are several enemy generals possible and thus it is not always clear how strong the enemy is. And this, I think, is a nice feature ;-)

I compiled a list in excel with 53 such settings. Now Monty or whoever is hosting can search the list and pick a suitable challenge for the number of players.

My main intent were coop battles, but I think the list is also good for unbalanced attack/defend versus games.

P.S.: The list is also uploaded in our shared dropbox.

Alikchi
29-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Sorry for not being around for too many games, gents - summer school is kicking my butt. Glad to see that things are going well. :)

Khryses
29-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Come along tonight Alikchi - I'll try to make it as well :)

TheLastBaron
29-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Just wanted to stop and say that Rock, Paper, Secession is my favorite RPS name yet

Monty
29-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Sorry for not being around for too many games, gents - summer school is kicking my butt. Glad to see that things are going well. :)
If you can't make tonight, TC said he would next be available tomorrow and I think that's a day Khryses can make as well so...RPS Mega-Battle on Thursday?

And yes, it is an excellent name (Alikchi take a bow :D ).

Gap Gen
30-06-2011, 12:38 PM
We should have a seceded tournament at some point.

Leffe7
30-06-2011, 05:34 PM
I will be online 7.30pm BST today. Cu!

danimalkingdom
04-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Gah, I keep missing this. I play Scourge of War, does anyone have plan on playing this week?

Monty
04-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Are you in our Steam group? We usually start a game around 8pm BST every night.

Leffe7
04-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Small-scale game starts 7pm BST today. Maybe a bigger game at around 8pm. Cu!

Monty
09-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Some words on my first successful attempt to play through (almost) a whole game of AGEOD's American Civil War:
http://www.sekritforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3089

Monty
20-07-2011, 04:20 PM
I've just had a visit from the local friendly BT engineer who has managed to fix a problem on my line. Hopefully, this means the end of my connection woes.

Gap Gen
23-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Will try to find out how well this works on a laptop with shared graphics memory at some point. I suspect not very, but will see.

Monty
06-08-2011, 03:31 PM
There's a new patch out:
http://norbsoftdev.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=42&id=33642&Itemid=124

There's some under the hood changed, but most significantly we can use apostrophes in the in-game chat without bringing up the console. Sadly, the problem still persists in the courier writing and lobby chat bits, but I've informed them about this and the problem should be fixed in the next patch. Also, remember you'll have to reapply the textured minimap mod after installing the patch.

We're going to try for a revival tonight, so get yourself patched up ready. We've had a very stable time of it recently (since Leffe has started hosting) so hopefully, the days of marching for an hour then disconnecting are behind us.

Gap Gen
07-08-2011, 01:56 AM
After interrogating me as to exactly why I wouldn't be around my desktop, Norb have deactivated my code, so I can re-activate it on my laptop.

Kelron
07-08-2011, 02:28 AM
I'll see about rejoining you some evening this week. I have a pretty short attention span for most games and needed a break from it.

Monty
11-08-2011, 11:25 AM
The Pipe Creek DLC has been released (7.61) (http://norbsoftdev.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=148:scourge-of-war-pipe-creek&catid=3:newsflash&Itemid=127)

Also, Scourge of War is now being sold by Gamersgate (19.95). (http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-SOWG/scourge-of-war-gettysburg)

Alikchi
11-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Awesome. I'll be around to try out the DLC with you guys.

Monty
11-08-2011, 12:29 PM
We'll be on tonight!

Leffe7
13-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Today Norb announced that he will solve some issues with MP in the next patch:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=48&id=34705&Itemid=124
This sound promising, that the courier bugs and freezes might be gone soon.

Monty
15-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Norb has released a beta MP fix:

If you are willing, please try this out in an MP game and see if it behaves nicer than the previous versions.

www.scourgeofwar.com/Downloads/SOWGBPatch_Beta1_3XX.exe (http://www.scourgeofwar.com/Downloads/SOWGBPatch_Beta1_3XX.exe)

My hope is that people will more consistently get in the server from the lobby.

Less hangs/crashes while playing.

Please check it out and let me know if it's better.

Monty
18-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Game tonight, 8pm BST! I've scheduled a Steam event.

Monty
02-09-2011, 10:31 AM
The fixes in the beta patch have been finalised into a new patch. (http://norbsoftdev.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=42&id=35524&Itemid=124#35525) Plus, we can now write courier messages with apostrophes!

Leffe has scheduled a game for 7pm tonight, make sure you have the patch downloaded and installed (and the minimap mod reinstalled) in time for then. I hope you've got your new internets up and running TC....

Gap Gen
05-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Having run the blockades and arrived in France, I have secured an audience with the Emperor and succeeded in laying a telegraph wire between my new residence and the rest of the world. How does Wednesday sound for an offensive in Maryland?

Note: Still no idea how this runs on my laptop. If the answer is "not", will have to wait until later in September.

Monty
05-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Sounds good, Mrs O'Neal Greenhow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_O%27Neal_Greenhow#International_acclaim).

Gap Gen
05-09-2011, 10:35 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/John_Slidell_by_Brady.jpg/220px-John_Slidell_by_Brady.jpg

Monty
05-09-2011, 10:51 PM
O'Neal Greenhow > Slidell

The CSA may have made more progress abroad had the Union not released Mason and Slidell following the Trent Affair.

Gap Gen
05-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I'm about halfway through A World on Fire. Good stuff, although it is a bit of a slog. Realistic then, I guess.

EDIT: And just re-watched the first half of Gettysburg. BAYONETS indeed. Also, the more I watch it, the more Fremantle becomes a ridiculous parody,

Gap Gen
02-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Actually, if we fix this crashing/hanging issue, it'd be fun to play a full Gettysburg battle, and write it up as an AAR/Diary/podcast.

I still think broader acceptance of this game is largely due to it being pidgeonholed as a hardcore wargame. Part of it is also the length of battles and the lack of immediacy, but the learning curve is far less steep than, say, Starcraft 2. I'm keen to get more exposure of this on RPS - I think Tim Stone said it was on his todo list for Flare Path?

Monty
02-10-2011, 11:26 PM
I got the impression it was going to be for his wargaming strand.

Monty
09-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Just sent the e-mail to Norb.

Monty
20-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Second expansion due by the end of the year!

Antietam is the second expansion pack for Scourge of War – Gettysburg.

Featuring the battles of Antietam and South Mountain, Antietam will include 26 new single player and 2 multi-player historical scenarios. Played on four new meticulously researched and accurate maps, Antietam promises to deliver the ultimate Civil War playing experience for casual and hard core gamers alike.http://norbsoftdev.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=151&catid=1&Itemid=57

Sounds like almost a sequel to me.

Monty
22-12-2011, 09:58 PM
New beta patch out. It doesn't directly address the courier problem we run into, but it offers a new way to handle textures which promises a smoother experience. Most importantly, however, is we now have a lot more control over our sandbox games. We can now choose how many objectives we want in a game, how valued they are, how long we can control them for (up to the maximum 240mins, so we no longer have to vacate objs) and how many points before the game ends (the max used to be 10k, I gave up when I reached 40k).

http://norbsoftdev.net/index.php/forum/technical-help-a-bug-post/39614-beta-patch-for-14

vinraith
09-01-2012, 04:03 AM
I just got this game and have a few questions, I hope you guys might be kind enough to help me out?

I was surprised and (extremely) disappointed to discover that there's no campaign per se. In fact ,there appears to be nothing connecting most of the provided scenarios, and nothing to indicate how altering the outcome of one of the scenarios might impact the overall battle. Even more baffling, what few scenarios do seem to be connected (the carry over battle chains) seem to abruptly switch sides, which makes no sense at all to me. Am I misunderstanding something here, or is this really just a collection of unconnected scenarios that don't connect?

I apologize if this is an incredibly ignorant question, but I'd gotten the impression from a number of sources that there was a lot more strategic context at work here than is apparent.

Monty
09-01-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm afraid it is really just a collection of unconnected scenarios. The campaign and the snazzy battle replay are the only two features I still miss from SMG.

Otherwise, join our group and play with us online: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSSOW

Tim1966
21-01-2012, 12:24 AM
The Antietam battle pack is now out - lots of new scenarios and 4 new maps

Alikchi
22-01-2012, 05:05 AM
We had an absolutely amazing 7 man game today, folks. You gotta play this.

Monty
22-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Yeah, those four hours just flew by. I had the most fun as a corps commander trying to creatively interpret our army commander's (Gobbler's) orders in such a way as to keep my corps as intact as possible.

Monty
22-01-2012, 01:10 PM
While Gap's corps was getting battered on their Cemetery Hill line I had my corps pull back to Cemetery Ridge to meet a surprise flank march by at least one Reb division (I definitely saw Rodes, but there may have been a second). Gobbler's cavalry managed to spoil and delay the Reb's attack so that it came in piecemeal with about 2/3 heading for TC's section of the line to the south and the remaining 1/3 menacing Ali to the north. Gobbler insisted we prevent this flank march from heading north and hitting Gap's over extended line in the rear, so I gave the ok for Ali and TC to advance and actively engage their opponents.

After a short while the flank march had been dealt with. By now Gap had withdrawn his entire battered corps to Cemetery Hill and was repulsing all comers. Gobbler had ordered me to redeploy my fresh division (Robinson's AI) to Cemetery Hill to forestall a collapse of Gap's defence, but by the time he arrived there everything was fine, so I ordered him back to the centre of my line (TC's and Ali's divisions being separated by about a mile of open ground).

With Robinson back in position at the centre of my line I decided to order a reverse-Pickett. I gave my orders to TC and Ali to stick to the flanks of Robinson's division and the corps stepped off en mass to cover the ground from Cemetery Hill to Seminary Ridge. We were mostly facing pockets of resistance from Reb infantry that had been broken once already, but the manoeuvre called for the corps to effectively strike out west before pivoting north to roll up the rest of the enemy west of Gettysburg which cost us a lot of time. TC got drawn out to face a much stronger enemy opposing him and he was practically lost from the advance about 15mins in.

Nevertheless, Ali and Robinson (AI) were able to continue the attack north and (with the assistance of Gobler's cavalry) drive off or seize the Reb grand battery that had been shelling Cemetery Hill for the entire battle. With this battle won, Gobbler gave the order for my corps to head for the major objective. Robinson (AI) was still pretty fresh, Ali's division was still intact but had by now seen a lot of fighting and TC was being fought to a standstill off to the south.

I ordered Robinson (AI) to take up position in the woods surrounding the Lutheran Seminary while I did a spot of reconnaissance. As I expected, the enemy had a fresh division sitting on the objective. I discounted any notion of carrying the attack forward and sat back while my artillery came on line. I ordered Ali to position his division behind Robinson and ordered TC to disengage from his attack and march north to Cemetery Hill. I would have liked to have concentrated my corps to the south of the railroad cut with Ali to my left and Robinson the right each putting a brigade forward and keeping a brigade in reserve. Meanwhile, the XI corps would attack from the woods on Oak Hill. Gobbler shot this idea down, however, and insisted that I deploy a division north of the cut to reinforce Gap's shattered corps. I reluctantly ordered Ali to take up this position.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa30/DelMonty/milsketch.png
With TC just arriving on Cemetery Hill, we begun the attack with only 2/3 of my corps on the field. I ordered TC from Cemetery Hill to the Seminary, but I was expecting his division to be tired from heavy fighting and the long marching, so it would be my reserve.

Robinson's (AI) division hit the enemy near MacPherson's Ridge, and had a single brigade forward with one in reserve and was battling with Davis's large regiments. After a short while I spotted the enemy redeploying a brigade (Archer's it turned out) to reinforce Davis's right so I ordered TC immediately into action on my left. Meanwhile, Ali sent me a desperate message, his division was disintegrating across the railroad cut to the north. I deployed most of Robinson's reserve brigade over the cut to the north (two of his regiments were already in action near MacPherson's Farm). Eventually, what I expected to happen, happened. Robinson's regiments deployed on MacPherson's ridge started routing from sheer exhaustion. Their morale would flip from high to broken in an instant and soon I had only Robinson's reserve brigade in action, partly south of the cut, mostly north of the cut. Off to the south was TC, now separated from the rest of the corps.

It was enough, though, because elsewhere in the Army Gap's corps had been able to swing round the enemy's position to the north and after much heavy fighting were able to gain the objective.

The four hours just flew by.

Leffe7
22-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Well written Monty. This game was very exciting indeed, with nearly 50 thousand men in the field. And the best of all, we had no CTD in four hours ;-)

Gap Gen
22-01-2012, 01:25 PM
To be fair to Gobbler, we would have been screwed had Ali not joined us on the right. As it was, Ali held the space between the hill and the gully well enough for Ice to pound the enemy's flank, and Leffe was able to fill a gap opening between our lines with his two remaining regiments. And yes, one of the best games of SoW I've ever played. I do need to get better at persuading the AI commanders to do what I want, though. Almost lost an entire AI division to being cut off at the start.

I think facing a significantly larger enemy helped make things interesting. The enemy did come in waves, rather than hitting us in one go, and a couple of times they pulled back when I thought they were about to break our lines. After a while, as with any game, humans get better than the AI at tactics, so adding more men is an easy way to even the playing field.

Monty
22-01-2012, 01:30 PM
To be fair, Gap, I don't care what happens to your corps. ;)

Leffe7
22-01-2012, 02:07 PM
I think facing a significantly larger enemy helped make things interesting. The enemy did come in waves, rather than hitting us in one go, and a couple of times they pulled back when I thought they were about to break our lines. After a while, as with any game, humans get better than the AI at tactics, so adding more men is an easy way to even the playing field.

Exactly my thoughts! I'm just modifying some custom OOBs so the enemy has some more men.
In yesterdays game, the enemy had +25% more men and it was a Hunt em down game. For a defend game, the ratio could be up to +50% I think.

TC27
22-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Firstly that was a great game - best ive had in for ages.

Apologies to Monty that was not my best performance - I got lost a few times on the march (stupid map did not show road names) and got delayed and dispersed in the Southern reaches of the map chasing down reformed Rebel infantry and artillery. By the time I had disengaged (not easy I had to TC of basically all the infantry to stop them deploying aginst reb artillery) I arrived late to the final act on McPhersons ridge - but was able to flank the enemy and roll them up nicely.

A tough days battle my command was down to 50% effectives with the Iron Brigade very hard hit.

Marching past the bodies scattered on Cementary Hill was pretty amazing it must have being an epic battle.

I will be around tonight from 19.30 GMT.

Monty
22-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Also, it turns out I was the only member of my corps with a usable map. I recommend this minimap mod:

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifications/40967-map-screens-mod

Be advised, there aren't place names for the Antietam maps.

TC27
23-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Definately think giving the AI a 20% or so advantage in the OOBs is the way to go - I also think that we are all good enough now to handle divisions as the smallest units.

A corpe each army game would also work but possibly as the Union as the large Rebel Corps would pretty much mean everyone would be fighting there own battle.

Gap Gen
24-01-2012, 02:37 AM
Yes, a game where you don't see interact with another human's command isn't much fun. Although when I was cut off and trapped by a force three times my size and forced to retreat, it was pretty fun, but the best thing about the last game was working with people, taking order from Gobbler and passing them to Leffe and Ice.

Also, Monty, your corps can burn in hell. You weren't there when the rebs came storming up Cemetery Hill. YOU WEREN'T THERE, MAN.

Monty
24-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Yeah, sorry about that but my corps was too busy at the time saving the army from disaster!

Leffe7
24-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Monty, if you were on cem hill and saw what the XI corps has seen... you would tell this epic tale your grandchilds.

From my point of view as a division commander under gap gen it all started very slowly and uneventful. Watching the whole army wander off to different directions while marching through each other was funny for a while. But reaching my destination meant a long march following Ice's division. So I was very happy when my quartermaster suggested having dinner before any fighting would begin. I agreed and gave the marching orders to my two competent brigade commanders.
What felt like 5min later, I was abruptly bothered when several couriers brought letters with questions on where the hell my boys were marching to. As I learned, they were just about to march directly in some rebel division near cemetary hill. But miraculously, the enemy fell back before any shot was fired and I gave the order to halt and deploy into battle lines. And so cem hill was taken peacefully by the union troops with me on cem hill, ice on my left and an AI div on his left. The rebels were seen in ghettysburg and far away to the west. The XI corps probed the enemy but had to fall back facing larger enemy troops or it would have been flanked on the far left. The enemy attacked me too, but not with much pressure yet. Suddenly a lot of rebels emerged out of the city and assaulted my brigade on the right. My men lost most of hand-fighting and some troops routed or were captured. The enemy had many losses too, taking many cannister shots, before my guns routed too there. I lost half my command but thanks to Ice, we could hold our position. Then looking around I suddenly saw a fresh rebel brigade lurking around behind us in the south. We were in danger of being surrounded. Some soldiers were already shouting "we are doomed!" Gap wanted to give the front troops on cem hill time to rest and ordered them back while I kept an eye to the south. But that was when the real fight just started. Wave after wave of rebels attacked us. No time to rest at all. Each time when we thought "that was tough, but we prevailed" soon another fresh brigade attacked again and again. We fought for mere survival. I was glad when I saw that the rebels to the south attacked Ali instead of us so we had just one front at least.
After cem hill, i had lost 75% of my men and 50% of my guns. What a bloody fight!

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/630736994034253406/E6F24A07BC09C2D330653FC3251DD2F5A0248B68/

TC27
25-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Im sure you guys are exaggerating - Cementary Hill is a nice strong position that should be easily held against piecemeal attacks by an entire Corps.

We were busy protecting the Armys Southern flank.

Monty
25-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Better save it for the court of enquiry.

TheBlobThing
28-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Hi guys. Seems like you're having a blast with SoW.
Have the stability problems gotten better?

Gap Gen
28-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi Blob, it's an entirely courier-based issue. We've had no crashes when trying without couriers on some quite big games. We'd like to use couriers as it's one of the unique selling-points of the game, but we can't yet as we'll spend an hour marching and crash shortly after first contact, so we're using steam chat or the in-game chat.

TheBlobThing
29-01-2012, 12:11 PM
That's a pity. At least the problem has been identified.

Monty
29-01-2012, 02:13 PM
This our thread on the NSD forums: http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/technical-help-a-bug-post/41521-mp-courier-crashing#42380

Head
29-01-2012, 03:00 PM
this looks like fun but damm expensive.

Monty
29-01-2012, 03:10 PM
The amount of use we've got out of this game I would say the price, 32+VAT (GB 19 + Antietam 13), is worth it.
http://www.scourgeofwar.com/purchase.shtml

Also, support your indie devs!

Blaugrana
29-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Hi, I've come here having read your great AAR on the NSD forum and hope you don't mind me asking a question here.

I've recently been trying to forward my 31791 port so I can host MP games and I'm failing miserably. Has anyone here managed to do this on a BT Voyager 2100 router or similar? I'd be very grateful for any advice on this.

Are you recruiting more players, btw? I've been playing so far with the GCM group but would like to play at more civilised hours (for me, in the UK).

Thanks in advancew for any help.

Jeff aka Blaugrana

Monty
29-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Is this of any use? http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BT/Voyager2100/default.htm

Also, all newcomers are welcome! Join our Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSSOW

Blaugrana
29-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks very much Monty, for both the info and the invite.

Actually, I hope I've sorted it - I have just hosted a game :-) It was a problem with the static IP I was using.

I shall shoot over to the Steam page as soon as I can - have to let family get on the PC, which I've been hogging.

Thanks again,

Gap Gen
30-01-2012, 01:00 PM
We tend to play around 7pm Friday/Saturday GMT (yes, we are cool) but if you have Steam on then occasionally events will pop up when we want to play.

Giving the enemy a slight numerical advantage really does level the playing field. That last game trying to take the wooded hill was an absolute fiasco - I completely misjudged the enemy's strength on its flank, my hill assault just completely fell apart, and it sounds like the other flank wasn't much better. Leffe did pretty well holding the centre, but the enemy was just too strong and too well dug-in on the objective. That's not to denigrate Alikchi's leadership - the enemy were simply too strong and in too good a position, and my attempt to lure them off the hill failed.

Seems like its tactic is to put half its force on the objective and to send the other half out to hunt down and grind the enemy, hopefully wearing it out before it gets there. It failed in the I and XI Corps game, but succeeded marvellously in the last one (although I don't know if we could have taken that hill fresh, given that my division was in pretty good shape by the time it pitched in).

Alikchi
03-02-2012, 07:25 AM
I am the Ambrose Burnside of this steam group.

Gap Gen
03-02-2012, 07:16 PM
I think units lose the will to fight as they take casualties? It's not shown in the morale bar, but I'm pretty sure losses make a unit much less likely to stand their ground for the rest of the battle. Certainly my regiment just seemed to give up after the failed attempt to take the hill. I guess maybe it's less of a problem for more veteran regiments, so maybe with the most veteran regiments you can just have one shirtless blood-soaked survivor screaming atop a pile of enemy corpses.

Leffe7
04-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Yes, that is my impression too. Regiments which lost many soldiers may regain their morale but will loose it again much faster or even instant-rout. I suggest using them as second line troops (not in the front line) for the rest of the battle. Veterancy surely is a factor to consider too.

Monty
05-02-2012, 11:00 AM
You should always seek to keep a fresh reserve for this purpose. If you don't need to commit all your forces to deal with a problem, don't.

Alikchi
21-02-2012, 11:14 PM
You all going to be around in the next few days or for the weekend for some fighting? (Or does CK2 still rule over us?)

Leffe7
25-02-2012, 12:08 PM
For those of us who are willing to nail down the courier bug, please do the following:
- deactivate and uninstall SOW completely (make sure you have your registration codes ready)
- reinstall SOW, Antietam, without mods
- patch to 1.4, and apply the MP Beta patch
Then we all have the same installation.
I was contacted by a Kriegsspiel member, they are working on the same issue and we will arrange pure vanilla games (without mods!) with couriers.
If couriers work without mods, we will add mods again one at a time to see if they cause the bugs.

Saddletank
26-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Hello everyone. I go by the username Saddletank on NOrbsoft's forums too, but by the name Digby in-game. My username on the Kriegspiel Group is Mr. Digby.

http://forum.kriegsspiel.org.uk/c1-pc-based-kriegsspiels

I spoke with Leffe7 by PM on Norb's forum and our HITS & Couriers group would like to get together with your group to do more testing and see if we can get to the bottom of these crashes. We're online around 7:30pm UK time Tuesdays and Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays but often we'll only have 3 or 4 members active so we can't test the system 'to destruction' with more players. Hene we'd like you to either join us or vice versa. On the Kriegspiel forum there is a link to our teamspeak server and its password, all are very welcome to join us, or if you'd like some of us to come join you, drop me a note here or in a PM, or on Norb's forum and we'll get together by hook or by crook.

Alikchi
03-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Are we dead? What Has Happened?

Leffe7
06-04-2012, 12:41 PM
I just talked to Monty and it is really time to rebuild the community.
With the latest beta patch I would say the courier bug is really gone!
I played many HITS games with the friendly folks from kriegsspiel group (see link in the post by Mr Digby/Saddletank). Just join the teamspeak server weekdays around 7.30pm UK time.
Tonight both Monty and kriegsspiel posted events for 7pm /7.30pm, so we should be able to get a big game going!

jonah
24-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Hello folks looks like i stumbled across some more SOW players i see my Friend Digby has already made hie presence know so all i will do is say Hi from the GCM playing set of players and for those not really interested in the hits style of play but prefer the goodyear blimp a little more feel free to seek us out at www.sowmp.com

We play most nights starting at around 5est onwards

(http://www.sowmp.com)

Gap Gen
01-06-2012, 11:51 PM
So Monty, doug and I just played MitraITA and a friend. They started near the objective, so had to wait for us to arrive. Monty engineered a distraction across from Devil's Den while Doug and I marched on Cemetery Ridge and hit them from the North. I tried moving through the trees ninja-like, but was eventually spotted, and we were forced into action. Doug took Devil's Den successfully, but my men were hit hard and ground up by a vast charge attack from what I assume was most of the enemy force. Monty arrived with a near-fresh brigade as my men were crumbling away, and our forces held the Devil's Den ridge in a tense stand-off, before the enemy broke. The enemy moved back down the hill and reformed on the objective, but by that point they were broken and Monty and Doug drove them off quickly. A great game, is interesting playing against other people from time to time. I was a lot more nervous about things like giving away our position, counterattacks, etc. Their attack against me was brutal, and crushed my forces, which I was completely unprepared for. I only hope I was enough of a meat shield to take the fight out of them once they'd broken my brigade.

nervouspete
09-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Can we resurrect this? I really want to dip my toes into the still waters running deep of Scourge: Gettysburg. I've played the single player a bit and I'm intrigued by multiplayer. Also, I luv's the US Civil War. I photograph it all the time.

(Obligatory Flickr plug: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/sets/72157628077418074/ )

My Steam ID is dreaming_lad - if the group cares to invite me! :)

Oh, and quite excited by Chancellorsville, the map improvements and additions look pretty interesting. Glad to see the series still has life.

Monty
16-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Game scheduled for tonight at 8GMT. We'll be in the community chat before the game, newcomers welcome.

There'll probably be another game tomorrow night as well.

nervouspete
17-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Game scheduled for tonight at 8GMT. We'll be in the community chat before the game, newcomers welcome.

There'll probably be another game tomorrow night as well.

Curses, due to birthday party of friend's I cannot make tonight. Which is a shame because I had a great time last Saturday with you and Gap. I am free Sunday, however.

TheBlobThing
23-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Would there be any interest in starting up some games again? After taking Ultimate General for a spin a couple of times, I got a hankering for some multi-layered multiplayer action with couriers!

Also, I hope someone other than me is excited over the upcoming SoW: Waterloo. I like the ACW, but I love​ the Napoleonic wars (can one love a war?).

Zephro
23-10-2014, 09:25 PM
There's the Rock Paper Succession group on steam, I'm sure if you find it people would want to play. We've not played in a while though.

TheBlobThing
24-10-2014, 09:23 AM
I'm already a member, and used to play with some people a couple of years ago. I put up a comment somewhere on the Steam Community clusterfuck, but I guess nobody noticed it... or cared :(

Zephro
24-10-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm already a member, and used to play with some people a couple of years ago. I put up a comment somewhere on the Steam Community clusterfuck, but I guess nobody noticed it... or cared :(

Ah yeah I don't have much time for gaming at all lately except at work. Hence my tardiness in spotting it sorry.

TheBlobThing
24-10-2014, 02:19 PM
No worries. I'll try making an announcement in the Steam group, see if anybody bites. :)

Stellar Duck
26-10-2014, 12:08 AM
I'd be up for it though I have no prior MP experience with the game. Only done SP so far.

Also, what mods, if any, should probably be decided beforehand.