PDA

View Full Version : [AAR] Tactical Tuesday 20-11-2012 Nope

washington
20-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks for playing!

The missions for tonight were:

No Negotiation (Fighting the UN in Chernarus)
Roundabout (Assault on Shamali, Takistan)
Viva Piņata (Touch the goat. Touch it)

We died, then we died some more. And then the goat. Good playing with you all!

SpecialSoup
20-11-2012, 11:54 PM
No Negotiation -

Alpha 1 AAR.

Got ambushed from behind.

Fired a lot of bullets into the ambush.

Died.

Roundabout -

MAT Assistant Gunner.

Help spot some EI and bunkers.

Did some basic medic work after he disconnected, got shot helping people up who were stood on the wrong side of the compound, being shot at from both east and west.

Viva Pinata -

A very nostalgic mission. Great fun.

POST SESSION -

Kale Mission One of which I have forgotten the name.

This mission was quite hard to command as I was having to make up plans as we went along. I had barely given Alpha their instructions when Bravo chopper went down with me in it. Alpha did extremely well but confusion reigned at the end and the objective went uncompleted.

Defence in Depth -

Blufor Commander.

Decided to use a plan that hadn't been used before. Alpha 1 showed early signs of incompetence in crashing their Humvee but I take the grand prize for an incident I do not wish to talk about.

I do hope no-one noticed.

EDIT: Apologies if I came across as a bit down and uninterested during the post-session. That wasn't my intention at all.

I also apologise for crashing my crashing my chopper straight into the forest after lecturing everyone else on why they should not do this.

Lord Penney
21-11-2012, 10:16 AM
This is not only my first post on RPS, but also my first Tactical Tuesday which was also the first time I've played ARMA online (I am new to these 'com-pute-orz' you speak of). Personal debrief is as follows.

No Negotiation -

Alpha 3 AAR.

Whilst OM to the first waypoint, our FTL's connection decided to die; I elected myself to be the new FTL (battlefield promotion!).

After getting los... That is, *ahem* , securing the surrounding area, we finally joined up with the rest of alpha.

Got shot, a lot, with enemies within 50m of my squad.

By the end of it, it came down to one squad member and I. We were promptly killed after a 'heroic final charge' (read, ran out of cover; died).

All in all, not bad for my first game I reckon.

Roundabout -

Alpha 2 FTL

Went up a hill, got shot.

Viva Pinata -

I was so close! For once in my life, I was almost *truly* happy...

Black Mamba
21-11-2012, 12:29 PM
A nice session overall!

No Negotiation
Sadly I was right, we didn't make it to the town. Got mowed down by a 50 cal through a tree, which I thought at the time to be hard cover. Wrong.

Roundabout
MMG assistant
We followed Charlie squad, got bogged down pretty quick and all regrouped in one same compound. Praise the Lord the enemy doesn't have mortars. Well, they still have one sneaky dude camping 25 meters out of the northern door, who killed at least 5 people. I was the first.

Viva pinata
Got lost during the search for the goat and ended up near the entrance. So I thought, hey, I'm gonna hide here, and report to the guys the movements of the enemy.
Which I did, with great laughing when I saw the untactical offensive super-blob that was coming. Obviously they had ditched the bikes to all get here at the same time.
So they all get in a five meters perimeter at the entrance, except for one dude who starts flanking to the north.
I think, hey, I'm gonna shoot one, they'll see me, and I'm gonna get myself a nice firing squad. Will be fun. So I shoot one. But nothing happens. So I shoot another one. And another one. When I'm finished (executing every single one of them), there's six dead dudes by that entrance, and I'm out of ammo, so I trade my M9 for a makarov. And go tracking the last dude that I saw going around the hangars. Find him, discharge almost a full clip in his direction, and double back to flank him. Turns out I actually got him. Or someone else did, cause I really don't remember hitting him once.

What's-the-name-of-that-mission with the wreck
Alpha Blackhawk pilot
Really sorry, my apologies to the dude who died inside the chopper. There was so much talking back there that I never realized we were actually taking fire. Sorry to Zitron as well, as it took me 10 minutes to realize you were stranded in a useless seat in the chopper. I'm curious to know what exactly happened to Bravo's helicopter.
Good job to Alpha dudes for actually getting out of the chopper so quick (and so close to the objective).

Defence in depth
US A2 FTL
We avoided the confusion at the beginning by driving away as soon as possible (as the commander was somehow out taking a nap, and the dudes crashed. Not their helicopter, no. Their Humvee).
Then we went on a game of who-trips-the-most-flares-win. Came to a close tie with Ice.
Finally we went to assault the castle, two of my dudes died, the last (which I believed dead) crept on me and I accidentally fragged his ass. After I fixed that we moved to destroy the tower and the mission was called.

SpecialSoup
21-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Defence in depth
US A2 FTL
We avoided the confusion at the beginning by driving away as soon as possible (as the commander was somehow out taking a nap, and the dudes crashed. Not their helicopter, no. Their Humvee).
Then we went on a game of who-trips-the-most-flares-win. Came to a close tie with Ice.
Finally we went to assault the castle, two of my dudes died, the last (which I believed dead) crept on me and I accidentally fragged his ass. After I fixed that we moved to destroy the tower and the mission was called.

My Mouse decided to malfunction and my push to talk key is on my mouse. This was not a good turn of events, especially as I was unaware it had broken.

Sorry you had to spend so much time sat in that forest, I didn't realise how much quicker the humvees would be. The mission was called because I believe it was thought everyone was down.

I'm curious to know what exactly happened to Bravo's helicopter.

SuperU was waiting on the edge of the marked area when we came under MG and Strela fire. Hard landing, very few survived. The intention had been for bravo to assault the plane from LZ Boris while Alpha provided overwatch. Fortunately Alpha were able to do both jobs.

SuperÜ
23-11-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm curious to know what exactly happened to Bravo's helicopter.

Was flying outside the red circle, we got shot by big guns. Auto rotated to the ground, unfortunately there was a dude with a strela waiting.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578973081499373788/C4B0072372E44BC14F484DEAC8A31BE79981D40C/ the glorious goat defenders.

Spamcat
23-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Viva pinata
So they all get in a five meters perimeter at the entrance, except for one dude who starts flanking to the north.
I think, hey, I'm gonna shoot one, they'll see me, and I'm gonna get myself a nice firing squad. Will be fun. So I shoot one. But nothing happens. So I shoot another one. And another one. When I'm finished (executing every single one of them), there's six dead dudes by that entrance, and I'm out of ammo, so I trade my M9 for a makarov. And go tracking the last dude that I saw going around the hangars. Find him, discharge almost a full clip in his direction, and double back to flank him. Turns out I actually got him. Or someone else did, cause I really don't remember hitting him once.

I was that guy. Died from a bunch of BLUFOR guys rushing on me from another hangar, all followed by " I Need a Hero" in voicechat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43ciHO3WVpM).
(You managed to hit me one time, btw.)
"offensive super-blob" en route (http://i.imgur.com/oVCrPh.jpg)
Bravo getting raped in Roundabout (http://i.imgur.com/mTS0Zh.jpg)

Black Mamba
23-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Oh, I know how you died, cause I'm still the guy who killed you. I went around the hangar.