PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The RPS Open

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Arnisarus
20-07-2011, 09:24 AM
'Hands it appears i have the pleasure of being smashed by some chaos warriors.

be prepared for many failed dodge and GFI rolls!, from me of course... sigh

i'm actually on holiday all next week, so can we try squeeze this in tonight or friday night if you're availble?

Vexing Vision
20-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Quick question - what's a "suitable" TV to join if so interested, and where do people sign up and claim one of the still available races? :)

Jolima
20-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I added a spot on the players tab of the spreadsheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuX1tdfDALOYdEZadGRPdHFlcy0xT0xYX01nZV8tN mc#gid=7) for reserves.

Teams are currently from 1060 (Halflings) or 1340 (injured Skaven) to 1860. I'll make the final call closer to the next start, but somewhere near 1500 seems like a good target.

groovychainsaw
20-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Master Hughtower, when would you like to play our rats v snots game? I'm free both thurs and friday night, weekend is looking dubious right now...

Vexing Vision
20-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Exxxcellent. I'll spend the next weeks to TV up some Darkies and Gobbos.

Cheers,
- Vex

President Weasel
20-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I am having great fun in the Divisions this season despite not having won a single match; I think it's the lack of relegation that does it. That, and it's more fun to lose with orcs than it is to win with some other teams. I let loose with some actual cackling last night as a couple of Laneford's posh elves snapped. I didn't even know it was a noise I could make.

Ian
20-07-2011, 12:49 PM
You'd never cackled before? :O I even cackle at the misfortune of my own players from time to time.

ChainsawHands
20-07-2011, 12:50 PM
'Hands it appears i have the pleasure of being smashed by some chaos warriors.

be prepared for many failed dodge and GFI rolls!, from me of course... sigh

i'm actually on holiday all next week, so can we try squeeze this in tonight or friday night if you're availble?
Definitely not tonight; Friday's a maybe, as I have some unconfirmed plans involving potentially leaving the house (don't worry, I'll be in a different house so not too much exposure to the big room with the blue ceiling). I should be free on Sunday afternoon and evening if that's any use?

ChainsawHands
20-07-2011, 12:53 PM
You'd never cackled before? :O I even cackle at the misfortune of my own players from time to time.
Me too - I thought everyone cackled at the misfortunes of Ian's players.

Arnisarus
20-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Definitely not tonight; Friday's a maybe, as I have some unconfirmed plans involving potentially leaving the house (don't worry, I'll be in a different house so not too much exposure to the big room with the blue ceiling). I should be free on Sunday afternoon and evening if that's any use?

Sunday, should be doable is 1pm too early for you ? I am doing an upgrade of a few servers that day but i think 1 pm will be the "I was waiting for the updates to finish" hour or 2 that we all add on to our overtime sheets :P

Ian
20-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Pfft. Cackling at other people's misfortune is easy. Cackling at your own means you've truly embraced the will of Nuffle.

ChainsawHands
20-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Sunday, should be doable is 1pm too early for you ? I am doing an upgrade of a few servers that day but i think 1 pm will be the "I was waiting for the updates to finish" hour or 2 that we all add on to our overtime sheets :P
Hmm... not sure if I'll be at home on Saturday night, so don't think I could commit to 1pm. Would 7pm onwards work?

HughTower
20-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Master Hughtower, when would you like to play our rats v snots game? I'm free both thurs and friday night, weekend is looking dubious right now...

GC! We've not played each other since, well, forever.

Friday night might be doable if the weekend's no good (not even a nice sharpener round 9 on Sat am?)

Arnisarus
21-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Hmm... not sure if I'll be at home on Saturday night, so don't think I could commit to 1pm. Would 7pm onwards work?

i think i should be able to do that, if not then i think ill have to forfeit as ill be away all week

groovychainsaw
21-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Sorry HT, I have *tasks* all day saturday, drinking sat night, uncertain getting up on sunday (hungover..>), followed by feeling bad/probably more *tasks*. There's a slim possibility of freedom from my imposed slavery on sunday night, but I knew I'd be free tonight and tomorrow night. If not, one evening next week should be fine? (Monday night maybe?). And I also can't recall when we last played each other, looking forward to a long-awaited rematch!

duff
21-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Is very curious about these *tasks* :P

Ian
21-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Khryses? :(

Arnisarus
21-07-2011, 10:37 AM
i think hands was supposed to put that in the DoD thread?

ChainsawHands
21-07-2011, 11:12 AM
i think i should be able to do that, if not then i think ill have to forfeit as ill be away all week
I may very well be available earlier, I'll log on to Steam if so and see if I can catch you.

ChainsawHands
21-07-2011, 11:13 AM
i think hands was supposed to put that in the DoD thread?
Uh... what?

Arnisarus
21-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Uh... what?

My bad its been a long day i read chainsaw above and thogh it was you posting it :P

and okay cool, will stay online steam al sunday whilst working and take y break whenever your free

ChainsawHands
21-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Ah, now it all makes sense. ;-)

duff
21-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Hi Jolima, this is short notice but I may be back home much later than I thought tonight, possibly not until after 9. If I'm not back early enough is either tommorow night or anytime saturday any good for you? I will try to get home as soon as I can but if you would rather reschedule thats fine with me.

HughTower
21-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Sorry HT, I have *tasks* all day saturday, drinking sat night, uncertain getting up on sunday (hungover..>), followed by feeling bad/probably more *tasks*. There's a slim possibility of freedom from my imposed slavery on sunday night, but I knew I'd be free tonight and tomorrow night. If not, one evening next week should be fine? (Monday night maybe?). And I also can't recall when we last played each other, looking forward to a long-awaited rematch!

Well, maybe we can aim for a late start tomorrow night. I'll try and get online round 930 if that works for you, old bean.

HughTower
22-07-2011, 10:27 AM
@GC

I'll be around earlier than first thought this evening. 8 any good to you?

groovychainsaw
22-07-2011, 04:58 PM
8 sounds ideal, I'll see you then!!

Jolima
22-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I'll be going on a trip to the states for two weeks this Sunday. I will have internet access and I might be able to play while I'm away, but I wouldn't be surprised by a disconnect. I hope I'll manage to play Duffin today or tomorrow as planned. For my next game I have Khryses who, assuming he returns, I hope to play on Sunday the 7th August when I have just gotten back (which should be just within the deadline).

I would appreciate if whoever plays the last game this round can move the league on and mark up the matches when you've played.

duff
23-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Hi Jolima, not sure exactly what time I can play, but I should be around and on steam from 2 or 3pm for the rest of the day so I'll look out for you.

duff
23-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Well me and Jolima just played our game and he can count himself very lucky indeed to have beat the skinkinators 3-0. I was in total control of the game throughout, and quite frankly wondered what such a poor player was doing in our great league.* It was only by a combination of extreme luck and some kind of pact with Satan that Jolima plucked this one from the jaws of defeat.**

*some of the above may not be accurate.

** he thumped me.

President Weasel
23-07-2011, 10:27 PM
It is true. Jolima is a terrible player reliant entirely on ridiculous luck (as I was thinking only the other day as he thrashed me once again at the Blood Bowl).

Ian
24-07-2011, 06:24 PM
I personally think of Jolima as "Mr Rubbishypants."

Arnisarus
24-07-2011, 06:52 PM
ready when you are hands

Jolima
25-07-2011, 01:12 AM
I personally think of Jolima as "Mr Rubbishypants."
This is what happens when I'm gone for a day? I'm watching you!

Also, Duffin neglects to mention that he was one failed GFI roll from making that 2-1 instead of 3-0 with some rounds left for a new goal in either direction.

Arnisarus
25-07-2011, 01:20 PM
So suffice to say hands had a VERY unlucky match last night, it ended up 5 - 0 to the Dar Wancing elves ! im just about to set off on holiday so cant really go into details.

Lets just say blocking failed and dodging didnt

drawlien
25-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Continuing the theme of people having unlucky matches: I beat Zoraster's 'flings in a rather one-sided affair today.

He had around 800TV in inducements and got the chef, Zara and Mn'T which made his a pretty scary lineup for AV7 'zons apart from the lack of tackle. Fortunately Zara did completely nothing with her 2 attempts at stabbing. My stamping on her head didn't seem to be doing much either but then I got lucky with a 1d block that gave her a BH in about turn 5. Zoraster's trees did pretty much nothing all match failing 5/6 throws, taking root at every opportunity and rarely knocking a lady down. Morg n' Thorg was slightly more useful causing a couple of K.O.'s and preventing me from scoring a defensive TD for most of the first half by holding the ball near his own end-zone but one of the girl's was able to K.O. him in return and he didn't get up until the game was effectively over.

Overall I injured at least 6 of the opposition and scored twice with no reply so it was a very one-sided match. It was a shame as I had been watching Zor's progress this season with interest and was secretly rooting for the little guys. However, the number of 1's rolled meant it was never going to happen. I got 4 level ups which has now taken my TV to something like 1950 so it's about time I got some player turnover going.... I'm sure President W. will volunteer to help with that. :P

Thanks for the game Zoraster, good luck with the rest of the season!

President Weasel
25-07-2011, 09:11 PM
For the love of god man, start the inevitable* death spiral already!

*may not be inevitable, if you are Drawlien.

duff
26-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Yeh now you have said the innocent :"it's about time I got some player turnover going", Nuffle is going to brutally and viciously destroy all those evil blitzers with guard (I hope).

groovychainsaw
26-07-2011, 11:26 AM
I have 6 grumpy ogres who have scored very few injuries so far in this league if you fancy sacrificing a few 'zons to me?

Zoraster
26-07-2011, 01:46 PM
You’ll need to roll a few pows first Groovy :) That was the big problem for my lads yesterday, especially early on. Block dice killed me, with my 8 pows and 15 stumbles going up against Drawls 17 pows to 8 stumbles. In a contest between dodgy teams that is killer distribution, especially when I rolled marginally more block dice.

The Trees had one yesterday. Failed at pretty much everything. They rolled 40 block dice, resulting in a grand total of 3 pows. They rolled one to fumble 5/6 TTM attempts. Take Root was failed early burning rerolls, and worse they suffered the dreaded dual Root failure in turn 3.

The game was really lost in the first quarter. The second turn ended with a failed block that took out a fling, and Drawl’s two blocks that turn scored a KO and a CAS removed my AG4 fling from the match. That totally destroyed my left flank and the Tree on that side rooted as he was about to move back to support. Blocks and failed dodges continued to remove flings leaving me down to a lone wee fellah midway in the half.

I had one huge break; Drawl went for a one die blitz on Morg with his strip baller. Both down was rerolled to skull. Armour broke, KO. I now had a chance of holding out. Morg blitzed himself free (annoyingly with a double Pow; virtually my first of the game and as I only had 8 in total it was a pain to waste a spare). The plan was to head towards a corner and use pitch geometry to limit assists, and get Zara back to support. I was happy to accept a turn 8 surf and rely on a favourable throw in. 0-0 at the break would be a fair exchange for Morg as it would leave me with a guaranteed chance to equalise but Drawls numbers were too great. I probably should have risked the GFI or dodge with Morg once Zara was taken off as it was only a matter of time before enough ‘zons were on the scene for a two die hit. The KO was a final kick in the teeth :)

The second half saw much more favourable dice. My ‘flings started doing their thing but without Zara or Morg I had no way of getting the ball back or getting 3 dice blocks in key areas. Break Tackle was utilised to get a Tree on the BC, but it was more a case of hoping for a failed dodge. Once the BC dodged away any remote chances of snatching the draw were gone. So ends the unbeaten record, but as I’ve got to mid-season in the top half I’m not going to complain :)

President Weasel
27-07-2011, 11:49 AM
So I assume Khryses has dropped out of the Open then? As far as I can tell he hasn't posted anywhere since 11/07, when he said he was dropping out of the Divisions due to wedding pressures.
Just him vs Ian left to play for this round.

Zoraster
27-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Looks like it, but he has turned up at the eleventh hour before this season so maybe he'll appear like magic on the morrow :)

I took advantage of a spare minute (rather total boredom in a telecon) to mark up the next set of fixtures on the sheet so once we get final word from Ian that the game is/isn't happening we'll be ready to roll.

President Weasel
27-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Excellent. Looks like I am playing that Ian fella next. When would you like to play my orcs, that Ian fella? I can do Friday all day, or Sunday evening, or evenings through the week. Cheers.

drawlien
28-07-2011, 06:23 PM
So Chainsawhands when would you like to play? I am free most evenings from Saturday onwards.

Ian
29-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Whoops, didn't realise we'd moved on. Can't do today, so shall we aim for Sunday evening?

Vexing Vision
29-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Alright, my Doomsday Dancers naggaroth'ed themselves up to a TV of 1460 and can't wait to get butchered back to 880 TV next season by you guys. :)

Zoraster
29-07-2011, 12:09 PM
I think we can take that as confirmation from Ian and as the deadline was last night I've given Ian the walkover and rolled the week.

Duffin my good man, when do you wish to meet? Sunday looks best for me, with Wednesday or Sunday week the other likely options unless you can do during working hours on a weekday which will always be my preference.

President Weasel
29-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Sunday evening sounds good to me, Ian Warboss. shall we say 7ish?

Ian
29-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Let's do that. Then I have the whole evening to celebrate my epic victory*.

* Read: Inevitable, bloody maiming.

duff
29-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Zoraster, my fine gentlemen, it would seem that two kindered spirits have finally been reunited given that my preference is also during working hours. I'll be watching the f1 this Sunday so Monday daytime or Wed daytime are my best times.

Zoraster
29-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Monday lunchtime suit you, say noon? Later in the afternoon would be no bother but that would be my preference.

Arnisarus
30-07-2011, 02:54 PM
hughtower , its us up next when would you like to play ? im free sunday evening, or any weekday after 7 ish except thursday

HughTower
30-07-2011, 07:42 PM
hughtower , its us up next when would you like to play ? im free sunday evening, or any weekday after 7 ish except thursday

Ola. I'm around now for the rest of the evening if you like and then towards the end of next week. Drop me a note here if you can play now or we'll pencil I'm Friday or Saturday?

Arnisarus
30-07-2011, 07:53 PM
i can play now if your free?

duff
30-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Monday lunchtime suit you, say noon? Later in the afternoon would be no bother but that would be my preference. How about 1? Small chance I might not be home by 12.

Zoraster
31-07-2011, 05:25 AM
13:00 it is then. See you tomorrow.

Arnisarus
31-07-2011, 12:00 PM
The Vivisectionists vs Dar Wance

3 - 5

So this game ended in a typical running in 2 turn TD game that it was destined to be.

It started of very poorly, losing one of my WD to death apoc'd to fractured skull (oh god) and a line man to death on the very first turn. HughTower also had a bug with his subs not being able to bring on 2 fast rats.

i dont really remember much after that... the excessive drinking may have some part to play in this...

I think the turning point ended up being a lucky blitz into a cage and a couple of lucky bounces on the last turn.

ChainsawHands
31-07-2011, 09:14 PM
drawlien - tomorrow (Monday) or Thursday at around 8pm?

President Weasel
31-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Storm Boyz vs Top to Toe in Spandex

Bit of a brutalising for the Boyz at the hands of Ian's guard-heavy humans. A couple of players down early, including my +agi blitzer getting killed, and apoc'ed to "still killed". He also managed to MNG my +agi, strong arm thrower, and badly hurt my guard black orc. My own injury dice were extremely disappointing, with Ian's players getting stunned quite often, especially at the start, but rarely KO'd and almost never injured (although his ridiculous 9 movement plus sprint catcher did fail a go for it and badly hurt himself, once it was too late to make much difference).

Finished up 3-1 to Ian, although he did need considerable luck to get the second - 1 dice block, 4+ 4+ 4+ I think it was.
The win was deserved, but losing my +agi blitzer forever and my pass-master for a game and a half stings a bit. Orcs are meant to be more durable than this!
Oh, and I got a -move on my sneaky git goblin, so he's sacked.

Ian
31-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Actually it was a 2-against block, 4+, 4+, 4+.

I did have a small pile of luck. Fun game though, and for all that I rode my fortune it was still quite a punchy tussle. Good game. :)

duff
01-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Hi Zoraster, do you think we could reschedule our game to another weekday, probably Wednesday? Sorry but the mum is off work and wants me to drive her shopping. I swear to god she has an account here on RPS just to check when I'm supposed to be playing and then plans her crap accordingly.

Zoraster
01-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Sounds like mine... only mine is capable of doing it despite us living over a hundred miles apart. I swear they receive special training. TBH I'll be delighted to postpone. I can't make my mind up over what compromise to make with my inducements so a bit more valuable procrastination time will go down well :)

I have just scheduled a teleconforence for Wednesday afternoon, but it won't be a long one. More a quick brainstorm than anything but it means we'll have to have a noon start or not before 15:30.

laneford
01-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Groovy, I think your ogres and my elves have a playdate, when are you free this week?

groovychainsaw
01-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Tonight is ideal for me. 8pm? Failing that, I should be free most other evenings, when else would suit you?

laneford
01-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Tonight is ideal for me. 8pm? Failing that, I should be free most other evenings, when else would suit you?

8 is fine for me mate. In return for being so accomodating, I demand you to deploy only snotlings. ( please)

duff
02-08-2011, 05:25 PM
I have just scheduled a teleconforence for Wednesday afternoon, but it won't be a long one. More a quick brainstorm than anything but it means we'll have to have a noon start or not before 15:30.

Start at 15.30 or sometime after that sounds good, I'll be lurking here on the forum and on steam.

Zoraster
03-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Hey Duff; conference finished, but I just bust the khazi. I’m going to quickly nip out to buy a part before the shops shut so I’ll be good to go by 4.

duff
03-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Oops! Okay see you then.

Zoraster
03-08-2011, 10:28 PM
My ‘flings drew 1-1 with Duffin’s Lizards this afternoon. I was torn going into this one as Duff was armed with a lowish TV and 5 rerolls. The inducements would not be enough to get the Chef, Zara and Deeproot unless I really made drastic cuts so in the end I decided 5 rerolls made the chef largely redundant. I needed Zara’s speedy Blodging and Dauntless, plus the stab threat to the skinks, while Deeproot only needing two assists for 3 dice hits on the Saurii was too good to turn down.

Having not lost a player all season I immediately started to redress the balance by crippling a fling into retirement with a first turn throw (chasing a surf on the BC) and turn two saw a dodge death end the career of Gobas. An ominous start but things swung dramatically.

It was one of those games where I had ropey dice in core areas for my team while receiving ridiculous overcompensation elsewhere; in this case armour rolls. It seemed a sharp look was enough to break lizard armour as Duffin’s troops left the field with absurd regularity even allowing for the trio of mighty blow Trees. By the time I ran in the equaliser in turn 15 Duffin was down to a Saurus duo, with all the Skinks and the Krox off the park.

Duff put up some brave defence but the way the dice were going there was really nothing he could do. In the end he was probably happy to get out with the draw as he only got a Saurus back from the KO box leaving him at serious risk of a defensive one turner in turn 16 with just 4 AG1 players on the park. In the event I failed the landing but it really would have been a travesty if I’d stolen the game. Duff really got shafted in the second half.

President Weasel
03-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Branchmaim Murderbastard is a deeply, deeply, scary thing.

duff
04-08-2011, 01:04 AM
I wouldn't say I got shafted luckwise. Yes I did fail alot of armour rolls - but you did what I feared and got your trees into contact with my saurii where I could just not dodge away. In the first half I had a little success in letting you move up to my BT saurus then dodging away - but when he went down early in the second half I couldn't really kite them in the same way. When you are getting 3 MB blocks guranteed per turn and your blitz you will cause some damage sooner or later. My only alternative was to commit my other saurus and try to outblock you but with Standfirm there was a strong possibility I would simply end up with more of my agi 1 players stuck next to a str 6 or 7 tree waiting to get hammered!

Zoraster
04-08-2011, 04:48 AM
You got well and truly shafted Duff; I just checked out the stats in BB Manager and it was worse than I thought. Just shy of 50% armour breaks was bad enough but then there were the injury dice. You suffered 14 armour breaks which resulted in 4 KOs and 6 CAS. That is brutal.

duff
04-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Still, if you let yourself take that many block your asking for trouble. I need break tackle to avoid such situations but I already have a skill deficit as it is...

drawlien
05-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Chainsawhands' Chaos vs. my Amazons.

The 'zons kicked short and things started badly for the Goats as their first act of the game was to fumble the pick-up closer to the halfway point having not covered the ball first. Bad turned to worse when some 1d blocks on the LOS caused the Minotaur to get a BH. The ladies surrounded the ball and picked it up, but weren't able to make a break down the pitch for several turns.

This led to an attempt to switch the play from left to right - a pass to an open catcher would have put her out of reach of the chaos team. However, the pass was fumbled in mid-field and a big scrum formed. Numbers started to even up with several K.O.'s and temporary death for the 'zons' star Passer which allowed a warrior to get within 2 GFI's of the endzone in the last turn. The pass to him was good but fortunately the first GFI failed ending the half at 0 - 0.

The ladies received to start the second half and moved the ball up to halfway. The Goats' defence was effective (I think around this point the second death of the game occurred, this time permanent, meaning I've got a rookie catcher next game) and a risk was taken to try and break up the right flank but leaving the ball-carrier in blitz range of 1 beastman if it could make 2 GFI's and get a Pow. It succeeded, of course, but as no other chaos players could get near the ball they settled with marking up the rest of the girls. The other catcher got free into the endzone and the young star of the future Passer (first level roll was +Agi) swooped in picked up the ball in a tackle zone and lobbed it into the catcher's hands. 1 - 0 in turn 12.

The Goats received short on the left flank and the girls tried to tempt them up the sideline by keeping the midfield strong. This tactic nearly backfired when a larger than expected contingent of chaos made a break through and set up camp in striking distance. Fortunately the cage was missing one corner and so a 1D block was successful in knocking the ball carrier down.

The girls were able to swarm to the ball and the starlet Passer dangerously picked it up. In the final turn she received around 5 2d blocks before finally being knocked down but even after all this she managed to drop the ball at the feet of one of her team mates. The Goats then managed to make their chances of scoring longer by pushing another 'zon next to the ball. A goat dodged got to the endzone ready to receive a pass and another tried to get the ball into it's hands. Scoring would I think have required 2 dodges (4+ & 3+), a pick up in 2 tz's (5+), another dodge (3+), a pass (probably 3+) and a catch (3+). The first dodge failed, ending the Goats' hopes of a draw.

Thanks to Chainsawhands for a very entertaining match, it swung backwards and forwards several times and I was very lucky not to concede 1 if not 2 TD's.

Jolima
07-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Ok, I'm back and I've moved the league on. I claimed the win against Khryses since he's not here to complain about it. Next round is up in the spreadsheet and I'm playing 'Hands. I think I can play any evening this week between 6-8. Some of the time in the weekend as well, but not sure just when yet.

Arnisarus
07-08-2011, 09:19 PM
okay so Kryses is a defo AWOL then ?, good for my pansies at least! ill have a full team for my next game and might even be able to afford replacements for deaths!!!! YEY

President Weasel
07-08-2011, 10:05 PM
He hasn't been seen in weeks. The forum software lets you search his last post, which iirc was in mid-June.

Ian
08-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Looks like I have you, Mister Tower. When suits you?

ChainsawHands
08-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Jolima - 7.30pm on Wednesday? I'm assuming you mean starting 6-8 - if you need to be done by 8 then we'll need to go for the weekend.

Arnisarus
08-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Just incase Kryses does return, im free any night from 7:30 except thursday.

Jolima
08-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Jolima - 7.30pm on Wednesday? I'm assuming you mean starting 6-8 - if you need to be done by 8 then we'll need to go for the weekend.
That's what i meant indeed. See you at 7.30 Wed

President Weasel
08-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Groovy and I just played an extremely hard fought match, his ogres against my orcs. By dint of hard work (and a couple of lucky boneheads) I pretty much had the game sewn up by turn 15 - except the kickoff dice decided to make it turn 14 again.
Then in the very last turn, I got a three dice block against his ball carrying snotling, and it came up defender stumbles, both down, defender stumbles. I chose defender stumbles - I would tackle him and that would put him one square further away.

To my utter shock and horror, the snotling stayed on his feet. This was my blitzer with sidestep, the blitzer a couple of squares away had tackle.

Groovy made a couple of easy dodges and took the draw I had just gifted him.

The Storm Boyz run of an entire season without a win continues, although this one was entirely my fault.
With my luck the Amazing Invisible Khryses will come back just in time not to concede to me.

On the plus side, the mighty Azlop just hit level 5. Sadly he rolled a double and I couldn't resist giving him dodge (on top of block, tackle, mighty blow, piling on) - another chance missed to get the guard this team is sorely lacking.
Next season, though - next season is our time! I will be playing them the Any Given Sunday speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk) for the entire close season.

groovychainsaw
08-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Yeah, totally stole that game from you weasel, I didn't quite understand why you hadn't blocked him to the floor either ;-). The 'couple of boneheads' was actually 4 in one turn, ruining my defence and giving weasel the opportunity he needed (and took expertly, I might add!). I was just glad to force him to give me a go at a kickoff myself, after my success in my previous match at one-turn TDs with snotlings.

And my star player got a level,too. Muk the bulg is now lvl5. But only got a normal level up. Now I'm not sure whether to give him guard, stand firm or 'other'. Any thoughts? He only has access to strength skills, and has +1ag, block and break tackle so far, along with the other ogre traits...

Zoraster
09-08-2011, 05:16 AM
Laneford we meet again. This starts my tough end of season fixture list so I’ll happily take a draw right now :) At the time of writing I’m free pretty much every day from Wednesday onwards. I’m having a busy spell with work so social stuff is largely on the back burner. With reasonable notice you can pick your slot any day between 05:00-20:00 start. I can start as late as 21:00 if required but would rather avoid it if possible. Later than that is dependent on she who must be obeyed.

laneford
09-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Hey Zoraster, good news for you is that I'm off work for a while. I can do daytime tomorrow (but not the evening) anytime Friday, or anytime Sunday / Monday / Tuesday.

Zoraster
09-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Friday around lunch work for you? 13:00 start would be fine and dandy.

laneford
09-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah that should be fine.

drawlien
10-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Duff, I waited 30 minutes after our arranged slot of 1pm today but you did not appear, I assume too busy celebrating the good start England made in the test....

I can do later on today possibly, or midday tomorrow but otherwise I won't be available until Monday evening.

duff
10-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Shit I am so sorry mate I totally forgot. I can do Monday evening almost certainly. And yes I was watching the cricket (sorry!)

drawlien
11-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Well Duff and I played our match last night. It was a very close affair with both of us stalling in our respective drives. However, when mine stalled he still had time to go for a defensive TD which he pulled off very effectively in the last turn of the match to win it 1 - 0. Two of my line women were so roughly treated by the lizards that they will be sitting out the next match and another (fortunately unskilled) needed to be replaced. In return I managed approximately 1 K.O. since the skinks were generally kept out of harm's way.

Thanks for the game Duff.

HughTower
11-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Looks like I have you, Mister Tower. When suits you?

Yes, it does chap. Can we do Saturday am at all for a spot of brunch-time BB?

Ian
11-08-2011, 09:30 AM
That should be just fine. When in particular?

duff
11-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Well Duff and I played our match last night. It was a very close affair with both of us stalling in our respective drives. However, when mine stalled he still had time to go for a defensive TD which he pulled off very effectively in the last turn of the match to win it 1 - 0. Two of my line women were so roughly treated by the lizards that they will be sitting out the next match and another (fortunately unskilled) needed to be replaced. In return I managed approximately 1 K.O. since the skinks were generally kept out of harm's way.

Thanks for the game Duff.

Aye thanks for the game. In the first half my drive struggled because I just couldn't find a way past all the guard and blodge. I would frequently set up my krox and str5 saurus as blockers to protect a channel to move into - only to have them knocked over by 1d blocks. In return my block dice were pretty awful even with my 2 tackle players.

Second half things turned around and my saurus started to consistently find decent block dice and consistently break the av7 of the zons. Inparticular two of the 'hellzons' with blodge and guard were removed. This changed things quite dramatically and made it much tougher for drawlien to go toe to toe with my lizzies as they had in our last match and the first half. Eventually enough pressure was put on the loose cage that the ball carrier got tetchy and made a dash for it, only to be felled by the diving tackle of a ninja skink. The following few turns I gathered the ball and moved it up the left. By the last turn I simply had to blitz a zon off my skink and pass one GFI to score. The blitz came up double skulls! I had to reroll it and thankfully removed the zon. Then it was just a matter of passing the GFI, my heart was literally pounding.. I think if it had failed I'd probably have had a stroke or something.

HughTower
12-08-2011, 12:58 AM
That should be just fine. When in particular?

Hello gorgeous. Shall we say 1030?

Ian
12-08-2011, 09:24 AM
1030 is fine.

Bring your weakest, most incompetent players. OR ELSE!

HughTower
12-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Can Billy come out to play too please?

He's got a new nappy he wants to show you.

Ian
18-08-2011, 09:54 AM
For whenever the league is moved on: I'm away a bit over the next 10 days or so. The only night I can currently guarantee I can play is the coming Monday night. Otherwise it'll need to be the next Monday.

President Weasel
18-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Isn't it just Arni and Khryses left to play? I hate to break it to you, Jolima, but Khryses is never coming back. He's moved in with some other trampy game in another state. (Actually I think he got married and went on honeymoon or something actually important like that). Anyways, lets play the next round?

drawlien
18-08-2011, 06:19 PM
For whenever the league is moved on: I'm away a bit over the next 10 days or so. The only night I can currently guarantee I can play is the coming Monday night. Otherwise it'll need to be the next Monday.

I think it's me you are playing next Ian. I can do this coming Monday but not the week after, so it better be this Monday! Is somewhere between 7.30 and 8.30pm start O.K. for you?

Jolima
18-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Isn't it just Arni and Khryses left to play? I hate to break it to you, Jolima, but Khryses is never coming back. He's moved in with some other trampy game in another state. (Actually I think he got married and went on honeymoon or something actually important like that). Anyways, lets play the next round?

Yes, it should have been moved on yesterday. Mea culpa.

I would appreciate if the ones who play the last game (not counting Khryses) let me know that it's done. If you're feeling adventurous you can even move the league on yourself.

Anyways, it's been moved on now and the new set is marked up in the spreadsheet.

Arni, when can you play? Most evenings and the weekend should work for me.

(I actually had an unusual amount of problem doing that this time.

The Open wasn't in the dropdown for leagues for me, I could administrate other leagues and switch to the Open, but doing it that way never lets you validate matches, so I could just set the result for the Arni/Khryses match but not validate it to finish the round. This has happened a few times before, but logging out and in again a few times usually solves it. Now I tried it ten times or so without success, wrote this up and tried one last time. Then it worked. Cyanide... :( )

Arnisarus
18-08-2011, 07:28 PM
heh, im free just about whenever from sat on wards mate so whens good for you ?

President Weasel
18-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Pff, you can start throwing around culpas when you're not the one doing all the work of running a league for the rest of us.
Looks like a free week for the Storm Boyz since we're playing Khryses. It's going to spoil my no wins at all season, but I'll just put an asterisk next to the result.

In the spirit of that great Arsenal team, this season's Storm Boyz team shall be forever known as... the Vincibles.

Zoraster
18-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Hugh; got a lot on at the mo so can't be as flexible as normal. If you can do something on short notice this Sunday would be good. Pretty much a name your time thing although I will be out for a couple of hours mid-morning. Start before 07:00 or between 11:30-20:00.

Next week looks tricky. Thursday looks the only likely option at the moment.

Jolima
20-08-2011, 11:21 AM
heh, im free just about whenever from sat on wards mate so whens good for you ?

Ping me on Steam anytime you see me during the weekend and I can probably play. Or we can schedule for 10 am on Sunday? Or you can suggest a time.

HughTower
20-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Hugh; got a lot on at the mo so can't be as flexible as normal. If you can do something on short notice this Sunday would be good. Pretty much a name your time thing although I will be out for a couple of hours mid-morning. Start before 07:00 or between 11:30-20:00.

Next week looks tricky. Thursday looks the only likely option at the moment.

Hello dear. Sunday sounds perfectly civilised. Shall we say 1130? And if you do find you can/want to start earlier, drop me a line.

Zoraster
20-08-2011, 01:20 PM
11.30 it is.

Arnisarus
20-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Ping me on Steam anytime you see me during the weekend and I can probably play. Or we can schedule for 10 am on Sunday? Or you can suggest a time.

11 am sunday any better ? 10 seems frightfully early for a weekend :D

Jolima
20-08-2011, 05:07 PM
11 am sunday any better ? 10 seems frightfully early for a weekend :D
That works. I'm a timezone ahead of you so I had until 11 already myself. :)

See you at 11 am BST.

Ian
21-08-2011, 04:12 PM
I think it's me you are playing next Ian. I can do this coming Monday but not the week after, so it better be this Monday! Is somewhere between 7.30 and 8.30pm start O.K. for you?

That works. 8pm?

Zoraster
21-08-2011, 04:17 PM
My flings had a tight and entertaining encounter with Hugh’s rats this lunchtime. It proved the mirror image of my game with Laneford last week; then I had the better of the dice but failed nearly every big roll. Today Hugh had some strong dice but when it mattered Frenzy couldn’t fail a roll.

Hugh got off to a great start, killing his namesake with the first hit and killing Zara in the opening turns too. With rat armour proving annoyingly resilient the writing looked on the wall for Frenzy as the first half wound down, with the Rats ahead, Frenzy out of rerolls, both Trees rooted just over the halfway line and the only star out the game. Fortunately I’ve been blessed with two AG4 flings so can risk tossing one of them now and then (if you only have one they are way too valuable; dodging anywhere on a 2+ is huge whereas a landing roll will still fail 33% of the time and then AV6 hurts). This was one of those moments. 2+ and 3+ rolls were made. The scatter was kind. A dodge was made to level the scores at the break.

Second half Frenzy received and embarked on the standard slow grind upfield. Here Hugh’s lack of defensive build Gutters really hurt. He only had a one turner and two rookies so barely more than fast flings. Billy and the Strip Ball Vermin were the only real threats so I was able to clump up and stall a lot more than I normally could risk against Rats, fairly safe in the knowledge the Gutters would struggle to get at a loose ball in the scrum.

In the end it came down to turn 16. I'd had a massive turn 15, pulling off a fairly tricky sequence of rolls and crucially stunning the only Gutter on the flank I was attacking. Hugh was left with multiple scoring threats to cover, needing to get a player into scoring range this turn or accept a draw at best, and a choice between having a one die hit on the BC or two dice without much prospect of recovering or even pressuring the loose ball. In the event time ran out after Hugh opted for the two dice hit to free the ball. The Gutter was left unmoved, really hurting Hugh’s prospects.

Final turn, draw safe. Billy was covering the loose ball but that was probably a slight mistake on Hugh’s part. By moving Billy there he had freed up the Tree to blitz meaning I could remove TZs from the scoring threat. Nuffle was on hand to use his AG4 to fetch the ball and escape Billy’s tail then it was a hand off, dodge and 2 GFIs to win. So a run of 4 3+ rolls – the dodges having a skill reroll – and a pair of 2+ GFIs to score so around a 50% chance. Drama led to the team reroll being required for the final GFI but no snake eyes; 2-1 Frenzy.

HughTower
21-08-2011, 07:11 PM
My flings had a tight and entertaining encounter with Hugh’s rats this lunchtime. It proved the mirror image of my game with Laneford last week; then I had the better of the dice but failed nearly every big roll. Today Hugh had some strong dice but when it mattered Frenzy couldn’t fail a roll.

Hugh got off to a great start, killing his namesake with the first hit and killing Zara in the opening turns too. With rat armour proving annoyingly resilient the writing looked on the wall for Frenzy as the first half wound down, with the Rats ahead, Frenzy out of rerolls, both Trees rooted just over the halfway line and the only star out the game. Fortunately I’ve been blessed with two AG4 flings so can risk tossing one of them now and then (if you only have one they are way too valuable; dodging anywhere on a 2+ is huge whereas a landing roll will still fail 33% of the time and then AV6 hurts). This was one of those moments. 2+ and 3+ rolls were made. The scatter was kind. A dodge was made to level the scores at the break.

Second half Frenzy received and embarked on the standard slow grind upfield. Here Hugh’s lack of defensive build Gutters really hurt. He only had a one turner and two rookies so barely more than fast flings. Billy and the Strip Ball Vermin were the only real threats so I was able to clump up and stall a lot more than I normally could risk against Rats, fairly safe in the knowledge the Gutters would struggle to get at a loose ball in the scrum.

In the end it came down to turn 16. I'd had a massive turn 15, pulling off a fairly tricky sequence of rolls and crucially stunning the only Gutter on the flank I was attacking. Hugh was left with multiple scoring threats to cover, needing to get a player into scoring range this turn or accept a draw at best, and a choice between having a one die hit on the BC or two dice without much prospect of recovering or even pressuring the loose ball. In the event time ran out after Hugh opted for the two dice hit to free the ball. The Gutter was left unmoved, really hurting Hugh’s prospects.

Final turn, draw safe. Billy was covering the loose ball but that was probably a slight mistake on Hugh’s part. By moving Billy there he had freed up the Tree to blitz meaning I could remove TZs from the scoring threat. Nuffle was on hand to use his AG4 to fetch the ball and escape Billy’s tail then it was a hand off, dodge and 2 GFIs to win. So a run of 4 3+ rolls – the dodges having a skill reroll – and a pair of 2+ GFIs to score so around a 50% chance. Drama led to the team reroll being required for the final GFI but no snake eyes; 2-1 Frenzy.

Good analysis as always, Zoro. You truly are the Alan Hansen of BB punditry.

Wish I'd stalled my first half TD now, but I got overconfident with the success I was having up to that point and thought I'd score it in for a chance at a defensive TD. Oh! The hubris...

Awesome fun though.

Ian
22-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm about all day from now, Drawlien, so if you're good to go early just nudge me on Steam.

laneford
22-08-2011, 02:51 PM
So 'hands, we meet again. I'm free pretty much all week except Thursday, so let me know when you want to rumble.

ChainsawHands
22-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Thursday?

Oh, OK then. How about Wednesday night, sometime from 8pm onwards?

drawlien
22-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Just played Ian and beat him 2 - 0. Luck was not really on his side this evening as my 'zons proved better at breaking armour than his humans. Thanks for the game Ian.

In a more general note I will be on holiday from this Friday until Saturday the 3rd of September. I think I'm playing Groovy next, hopefully we'll be able to arrange something for later in the round.

laneford
23-08-2011, 03:06 AM
I am actually now free Thursday, but not wednesday evening.

Thursday?

ChainsawHands
23-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Thursday it is, see you then.

duff
23-08-2011, 09:20 PM
groovy - I'm taking my sister to the cinema tommorow night (wed) so I can play either Thursday or the weekend is pretty free. If you want to play on Thur could you let me know by tommorow night.

President Weasel
23-08-2011, 11:25 PM
query, interrogative - what are you going to see?
(I saw Captain America the other day with a mate, and even though it was in 3D (which I generally find pointless and annoying) I had a grand time. Not sure it's a chick flick, but if she's the kind of sister who likes explosions I reckon it's a winner)

duff
24-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Either Spy Kids or the Smurfs. My sister is 13 :P I did try to suggest Harry Potter so I could perve on Emma Watson whilst being bored but it didn't take.

But I will be going with some friends soon to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes and the Inbetweeners movie. My favourite this year is X-Men First Class, really good.

Arnisarus
24-08-2011, 09:01 AM
inbetweeners is worth a watch if you enjoy the series, it's not epic, but hey it's the inbetweeners!

groovychainsaw
24-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Thursday's no good for me, will see about the weekend, might get some time on saturday possibly? Or maybe friday night. I'm... not sure at the moment, sorry! :-(

duff
24-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Thursday's no good for me, will see about the weekend, might get some time on saturday possibly? Or maybe friday night. I'm... not sure at the moment, sorry! :-(

Saturday sounds doable if we finish before 10.00 or what time motd is on. Friday I'm not sure... is playing Deus Ex a good enough excuse!?

ChainsawHands
24-08-2011, 05:15 PM
is playing Deus Ex a good enough excuse!?
It is. For anything.

duff
25-08-2011, 07:23 PM
It is. For anything.

And its arrived a day early!

duff
25-08-2011, 07:39 PM
But Steam thinks otherwise. I WILL HAVE MY VENGEANCE

laneford
25-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Mr Hands sir, I am free from now on, just bug me on steam when you want to play, I am on a terrifying streak at the moment in BB, of one loss already today. So beware.

ChainsawHands
25-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Really sorry about this, but I've come down with a sudden case of non-functional broadband. Would next Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday work instead?

laneford
25-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Sure thing mate, I'm still off work, shall we say, provisionally, Wednesday?

President Weasel
25-08-2011, 08:10 PM
oúr thoúghts go out to you in this difficult time.

Jolima
26-08-2011, 07:03 AM
oúr thoúghts go out to you in this difficult time.
To whom? Duff who didn't get Deus Ex in time? Laneford who lost a BB game? Or 'Hands who doesn't have functioning broadband?

There's so much suffering! :'-(

Round officially ends on Sunday, but I'd rather you manage to play, so go ahead with your Wednesday plans.

I've also added a column to the spreadsheet for next season race where you can note if you are switching to another team, or if you know you will be dropping out. General rules for picking a race is that you get to pick any race that isn't already listed in that next season column. If you want one that's taken you can still check if the current player is willing to switch of course.

President Weasel
26-08-2011, 08:29 AM
I'll be flying in the face of this season's results and sticking with the Orcs that haven't won a single match. (Let's be fair, we all know it's the coaches fault, not theirs)

ChainsawHands
26-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Round officially ends on Sunday, but I'd rather you manage to play, so go ahead with your Wednesday plans.
Thanks - I'm off down to That London over the weekend and won't be back until late on Monday night.

laneford
26-08-2011, 11:34 AM
If the round finishes on Sunday, I'm happy to play on tuesday instead to hurry things along.

ChainsawHands
26-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Tuesday works for me - 8pm?

Jolima
28-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I've tried making the spreadsheet a little prettier and more readable and updated the first post in this thread while I was at it. I also changed the recently added "Next season" column into a "Notes" column where you are welcome to write up if you are switching teams, dropping out, being absent for a week or more and so on. Criticism welcome as usual.

laneford
30-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Tuesday works for me - 8pm?

Fine for me

ChainsawHands
30-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Good stuff. If I'm a bit late it'll be Deus Ex's fault, so send me a message on Steam. ;-)

Jolima
30-08-2011, 10:00 PM
The round is ended and the penultimate one is about to begin. The new matches are marked up on the sheet.

Ian, I'm playing you next. I can do Wednesday or Thursday at 8 or sometime in the weekend.

President Weasel
30-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Chainsawhands!
Let us resume our one-sided rivalry at a time which is convenient to you! I'm playing my Divisions match tomorrow, but apart from that I can do any evening that works for you.
A team with no wins this season (apart from the now traditional default against Khryses), against a coach I have never beaten in competitive play. The omens are good, Boyz!

Zoraster
31-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Arni; diary is pretty much clear at the moment. Can't do Saturday later than a noon start or Tuesday evening. As ever I can nearly always do daytime meetings with plenty of notice.

Zoraster
31-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Oh I forgot to ask does anyone have any objection to my keeping the ‘flings next season? The TTM de-sync issue is clearly never going to be fixed so will continue to force a restart every now and then. It has happened once so far this season – fortunately early in a game – but it is a game of Russian Roulette. Sooner or later it will happen at a most inconvenient time.

Arnisarus
31-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Zoraster, im free later this evening (21:00 onwards GMT) or friday evening? either any good for you ?

Ian
31-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Let's go for the weekend Jolima. Any time should work, within reason.

EDIT: Oh, aside from Sunday after about 8. I have an NFL fantasy draft.

But I'd normally aim for daytime on a weekend were it convenient anyway.

Zoraster
31-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Zoraster, im free later this evening (21:00 onwards GMT) or friday evening? either any good for you ?

Friday would work. Ideally not starting later than 20:00 BST but can be much more flexible on weekend evenings so that is just preference.

Arnisarus
31-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Okay how bout 19:00 BST/GMT (whatever you want to call it these days)

Zoraster
31-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Well as they are an hour apart it is rather important to decide which :) People in Britain tend to forget there are countries that use GMT in the summer, mainly in Africa but also in Europe; Iceland are on GMT all year.

19:00 BST on Friday will be fine and dandy.

groovychainsaw
31-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Drawlien! I believe your whamazons have a date with my ogres, to prove whether brute force or skills win matches! (hint: its skills). Best for me would be sunday morning if you're free?

ChainsawHands
31-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Chainsawhands!
Let us resume our one-sided rivalry at a time which is convenient to you! I'm playing my Divisions match tomorrow, but apart from that I can do any evening that works for you.
A team with no wins this season (apart from the now traditional default against Khryses), against a coach I have never beaten in competitive play. The omens are good, Boyz!
Monday at 8pm?

President Weasel
31-08-2011, 03:34 PM
works for me. I'll put it in my organiser.

drawlien
31-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Drawlien! I believe your whamazons have a date with my ogres, to prove whether brute force or skills win matches! (hint: its skills). Best for me would be sunday morning if you're free?

Hey Groovy I can't do Sunday at all unfortunately. Any evening next week apart from Tuesday should be O.K. starting about 8pm if one of them is convenient?

groovychainsaw
01-09-2011, 11:35 AM
I am definitely free tonight from about 8 if you like. Failing that, monday, wednesday or friday night next week should be ok

Screwie
02-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Vexing Vision suggested I volunteer for this league too :)

Goblins again, probably - although I do owe VV a good dwarf-sized kicking... :P

Zoraster
02-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Sorry arni, had trouble getting in. Am online now though if you are still about.

Arnisarus
02-09-2011, 07:55 PM
no worries dude, have to put it back a bit now though the missus made me cook, coz i wasnt busy lol

9 okay for you ?

Zoraster
02-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Oh dear... now I feel even more guilty :) A costly ten minutes that! Sure, see you at 9. Sorry again.

Arnisarus
02-09-2011, 08:00 PM
no probs, its the fact she decided i would cook some realy long loads of prep food ... dammit!

Jolima
02-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Vexing Vision suggested I volunteer for this league too :)

Goblins again, probably - although I do owe VV a good dwarf-sized kicking... :P

Welcome, just keep in mind that a higher valued team is encouraged. Most team are somewhere in the range of 1600-2000. I suppose goblins are one of those that can make good use of inducements but rookies are probably still overdoing it.

Edit: Oh, and Ian, I'll bug you on Steam in the weekend if you don't manage to first, or pick a time if you prefer.

duff
02-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Profile: duff

Sex: Male
Star Sign: Taurus

Your ideal match: a promiscuous high elf player who will sweep me off my feet with a night of fun, passion, and dramatic dice rolls. Preferably next Thursday, Friday or Saturday at any time.

Arnisarus
02-09-2011, 09:24 PM
having problems Zoraster?

cwoac
02-09-2011, 09:26 PM
@duff oh dear. Thats funnier than it should be

anyway, 2-0 to me vs. Sgt.Carnage's orcs. It was a much closer match than that though. Nearly 1-0 down at half time but for some impressive luck on the rolls (both sides). having a +1ma, +1agi were helped too, even if he did seem to have insulted the black orc's mothers given the amount of attention he got.

Screwie
02-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Welcome, just keep in mind that a higher valued team is encouraged. Most team are somewhere in the range of 1600-2000. I suppose goblins are one of those that can make good use of inducements but rookies are probably still overdoing it.

Understood. I have a moderate Goblin team in the Challenge League, which I can focus on training up.

Zoraster
02-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Think Arni and I are doomed today :) After the late start I blue screened in game one and now Arni's connection has gone in game two. At least we've both had one good and one bad outing :D Third time the charm hopefully.

Zoraster
02-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Alrighty, no sign of a return yet so I assume it is something pretty terminal. In terms of trying a third time I could do Sunday late afternoon/early evening if that will work for you. Otherwise Monday night should be ok at 19:00-20:30 or Thursday during the day up to 19:00 start. Later than that is up in the air at the mo. Anything there work for you?

Arnisarus
02-09-2011, 11:08 PM
back now, looks like my net has gone a bit flakey. i'll try get my work to sort it ou. sunday late aft is fine for me

Ian
03-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Edit: Oh, and Ian, I'll bug you on Steam in the weekend if you don't manage to first, or pick a time if you prefer.

Playing it by ear sounds like a plan. I should be on plenty anyway. :)

Zoraster
03-09-2011, 06:11 AM
Arni: 17:00 BST Sunday then?

kergguz
03-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Hey guys. Colour me interested for the next season if I can train up a 1500 team in time. When is the next season likely to kick off, roughly?

Jolima
03-09-2011, 10:47 AM
We're on the second to last game now, so we should be finished around the 20th and starting up again soon after.

Other things to keep in mind is that we are restricted to one team per race and that we currently seem to be at 14 players which was set as a limit to keep the season lenghts somewhat sane. We need an even number in any case, but if we get to 16 we might possibly split the league into two divisions. I'll put it to a vote later.

kergguz
03-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Well I don't mind waiting for players to drop out- first come, first served and all that. I'll go with the flow because I can always play in the Divisions of Death and Challenge League until my time comes. Added a Dwarf team to the spreadsheet anyway, might as well get in the queue :)

Ian
03-09-2011, 12:54 PM
I'll possibly be dropping out at the end of the season so that'll free up the humans.

Anyway, just played Jolima. If there's anything more frustrating in BB than having reasonable blocking success against pro- or woodelves, including with a few players with mighty blow, but their armour not breaking in any meaningful way all game then I don't know what it is.

My AV7, meanwhile, was made of crepe paper with two of 'em getting MNG'd and a lino getting killed by a rock. Naturally I didn't apo him and suffered no further perms all game.

Blah. 3-2 anyway. No idea if it was actually as close as that or not.

laneford
03-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Profile: duff

Sex: Male
Star Sign: Taurus

Your ideal match: a promiscuous high elf player who will sweep me off my feet with a night of fun, passion, and dramatic dice rolls. Preferably next Thursday, Friday or Saturday at any time.

I suggest dinner and a movie, Thursday evening.

Pick me up at 8?

Bring the outfit.

Arnisarus
03-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Arni: 17:00 BST Sunday then?

yup fine by me

Jolima
03-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the game Ian.

I've added a vote to the spreadsheet for what to do with a surplus of players. It is intended for the current players only, but is anonymous.

duff
03-09-2011, 01:47 PM
I suggest dinner and a movie, Thursday evening.

Pick me up at 8?

Bring the outfit.

Thursday at 8 it is. I will be wearing the outfit under my normal clothes.

Ian - Don't leave us!

President Weasel
03-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Don't you leave, Ian Warboss. Don't you dare leave.

drawlien
03-09-2011, 08:46 PM
I am definitely free tonight from about 8 if you like. Failing that, monday, wednesday or friday night next week should be ok

Shall we say Wednesday at 8pm then?

groovychainsaw
04-09-2011, 09:24 AM
weds, 8pm - its a date!

Arnisarus
04-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Zoraster and I finally managed to get our match all the way to the end today :D 3rd time lucky, or unlucky for me.

I made a rather large mistake somewhere near the end of the first half which probably cost me a draw or potential win, coupled by my utter failure to roll anything but a 1 on GFI :D meant that Zoraster took the win 2 - 0

Im off to check how poor the rolls for me were on bb manager :D

Zoraster
04-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Alas I failed in my primary objective of removing that sick ST4 Wardancer. In the last game I’d managed a nice gang foul but only badly hurt the beast so Arni’s net failure was a second chance... sadly this time I only managed a stun and a KO so the monster lives on :( Gotta be happy with a clean sheet against Woodies though.

This triumph guarantees my Flings a top half finish and depending on the result of their game I’ll still have a slim chance of overhauling Duffin or Laneford to snatch 4th. Pretty good campaign even allowing for my having a bit more than my fair share of luck. I expect next season will be a real struggle though now the surprise factor has thoroughly gone :)

Arnisarus
05-09-2011, 11:38 AM
yea, so i looked at the stats and actually i didnt fail that many GFI rolls, just the most vital ones haha that and the AGI5 player failing throws... brilliant. next time im killing Zara outright, i will magic myself a wizard and have her electrified in the first turn

President Weasel
05-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Chainsawhands, stop not playing me at blood bowls and start playing me at blood bowls.

hmm, now I am kind of wishing he'd stop playing me at blood bowls and start not playing me at blood bowls.

So the match finished, and it was quite exciting.

'Hands kicked off, clearly planning on the 2-1 grind or else hoping to stall my cage.
My caging was poor, he got one of his str4 beastmen (who are scary and should be illegal) to hit my chaos warrior and the ball spilled.
There was considerable punching and shoving (actually, just assume I wrote this every other line)
Eventually my AG4 elf orc grabbed the ball in a tackle zone, dodged away, and ran. He took a hit from a beastman but it ended up push/push after a reroll so my elforc was pinned at the side of the pitch. I managed to get a blitzer free on the other side of the pitch, out of range of the safety, then dodged the elf orc free and put a perfect crossfield pass (makfang the elforc has accurate and strong arm) into the hands of the blitzer.
'Hands dodged a beastman free and hit the blitzer, but he was my blodging sidestep blitzer so he shrugged it off.
I blitzed him free and ran him in with one Go For It.

Turns 6, 7, and 8 to go, and I thought I had a decent chance of stalling 'Hands and drawing the game. Nuffle laughs at you when you think that. The kickoff brought a pitch invasion that took out 6 of my line for one of his. Suddenly I had more gap than line, and Hands scored with little fuss in turn 8 (although I screwed up a chance to maybe at least put a marker on his scorer and make him roll another dice)

The second half happened pretty much how you'd expect; Hands tied up my players and made a skillful job of slipping a chaos Warrior and support through my lines. I couldn't lay a finger on him, although my brand new lineman, in his first ever match, made two dodges on the way to trying a 2-dice-against block - then failed a go for it right before. Hands scored in turn 15 and it looked to be all over. 2-1 with 2 turns to go. Oh, and I used all my rerolls in vain attempts to lay a glove on the CW.

Then

the kickoff result lets me move my blitzer a square closer to the ball
I pick it up (successful) and can just hand off to the goblin with one go for it (successful), who catches the ball (successful)
The troll picks up the goblin (doesn't eat him, successful), passes him in the right direction (successful).
The goblin flies through the air, lands (successful) next to the minotaur and 2 go for its from line.

I start to gnaw my hand and make a high pitched noise.

I aim the little guy for the line, type "aaaaaaaa" and let him go, then go back to gnawing my hand. He dodges away from the minotaur (successful). He runs for the line. He makes the first go for it (successful).

HE MAKES THE SECOND GO FOR IT! THE GAME IS TIED 2-2!

I get off my chair and do an inept but heartfelt touchdown dance.

Some other stuff happens in the last turn, but it finishes up a hard-earned (ahem, more like un-earned, although we did work hard for it) draw for the Storm Boyz. All thanks to Sneaky Pete, the incredible flying goblin. Rerolls? Who needs 'em.

groovychainsaw
05-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Blek, just played drawlien's whamazons, and yeah, skills won. 4-0, to be exact.

My ogres were pretty much useless until the last 4 turns, when they KO'd 4 amazons in quick succession and nearly scored. But I only scored one badly hurt for the rest of the game. Turns out playing a team entirely made up of blodge + guard etc. is ogre kryptonite, I barely got any knockdowns until right at the end. And I got a succession of boneheads. And drawlien got 3 blitzes. My dice weren't even that bad, just the worst possible thing would happen at the worst possible moment. And i tried for silly snot-thrown TDs because i was bit fed up with the game. :-(. Dodgy teams are not fun to play as ogres, really highlights the problems with having no block, tackle or movement against an 1800+ team :-). I've cast my vote to switch to necros for next season, although I may need to get my team levelled up to get involved...

kergguz
06-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Have decided not to apply for the next season after all. I have plenty of spare time at the moment, but I know there's a big project coming up October/November time which will take up a lot of time. Since I don't want to leave people hanging and drop out mid-season, I'll stick to the Divisions of Death for now. I've removed my details from the spreadsheet.

drawlien
06-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Blek, just played drawlien's whamazons, and yeah, skills won. 4-0, to be exact.

Yeah, whilst I expected to win this, I didn't really think it would be quite so one-sided. I only managed to get one skill-up despite lots of spps, though it was my 3rd +Agi for the team! Since I already had 2 4Agi players I was a bit torn whether to take it or Guard for the blitzer but, as groovy pointed out to me at the time, with Amazons you never know when one of them will die so it's good to have back-up. So watch out PW, my Amazons are now even more dodgy!

Thanks to groovy for being such a good opponent, he hardly even grumbled at the one-sided nature of the game which demonstrated he is the epitome of restraint and grooviness.

President Weasel
06-09-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm next up to play Drawlien's feared and hated* Wham-Bam-No-Thank-You-Ma'amazons.

My last game of the season. With the team that still hasn't won a match (although getting that ridiculous lat minute draw against Hands felt like three wins all at once) against the team I've never even come close to beating. And with the orcs, which I picked specifically to be a counter to the Blamazons - in the days before I realised that the "Amazons will do badly against high-TV bashy teams" had an Appendix A that reads "does not apply to Drawlien".
It wasn't supposed to be this way - the Panthers were meant to be in the "amazon death spiral" by now.
Oh, and I already used up about seven matches' worth of luck in turn 15 of my last game.

And depending on how Jolima's match goes, the orcs could be all that stand between the Panthers and a second successive championship. No pressure :)
I'm actually really looking forward to it.

(*the Amazons are feared and hated, not Drawlien)

Ian
06-09-2011, 08:52 PM
I ain't afraid* o' no zons**.

* Any more than I'm afraid of anything else, anyway.
** under the obviously theoretical and laughable premise that AV7 behaves like AV7.

Jolima
06-09-2011, 09:17 PM
PW, you managed to bash down my elves well enough to claim a draw, surely you can do the same against those silly girls?

The top is interesting. Laneford has a lot of influence, playing both me and Duffin in his final matches, but cannot win the division for himself.

Duffin: plays Laneford and HughTower. He needs to win both games to have a chance at shared victory and that requires me to lose my last game and drawlien to get no better than a draw.

drawlien: Needs to win his final game against PW while I lose mine to win the league, if I get a draw instead we share the victory.

The pressure is on.

(It's funny how you care about the result in each match a lot more when you have a chance at winning the whole thing. I think I've seen a pattern that the players who do well in their first few games each season keep doing well in the rest of the season, hypotethically for this reason. But then that may just be confirmation bias. Anyone noticed the same?)

(Sorry for assuming everyone is male.)

(Original text, before PW complained:

Duffin is playing Laneford now as the last match before the final round. Should he win that he will be in position to get a draw for the win if I lose to Laneford, drawlien draws or loses agains PW and he himself wins against HughTower in our final games.

Regardless of that, if drawlien wins against Weasel he will win the division if I lose against Laneford or get a drawn victory if I get a draw.

The pressure is on.)

President Weasel
06-09-2011, 09:24 PM
the obviously theoretical and laughable premise that AV7 behaves like AV7.

I refer you to Appendix A. Also, you have to somehow knock the hellacious, blodge-and-guard-twice-on-every-player, psycho weebles over before you can make the armour roll.

Jolima, I am pretty sure I understood the possible outcomes of the Open better before you "explained" them. What was that? He'll get a win-draw if I lose the win against a draw but only if Duffin lose-wins the draw draw?

Jolima
06-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Jolima, I am pretty sure I understood the possible outcomes of the Open better before you "explained" them. What was that? He'll get a win-draw if I lose the win against a draw but only if Duffin lose-wins the draw draw?
I feared that. :(

Edit: Well, I need to train my explanatory abilities so I took this chance for practice and rewrote it. Now you owe me a judging on whether it is better or not. :-P (Honestly would be appreciated even if it is far of topic.)

duff
07-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Drawing against the stunty teams cost me 4 points this season. Everything was going so well, I even beat the wham'azons, but then managed to get shafted by a bunch of halflings and snotlings!

President Weasel
07-09-2011, 09:35 AM
It's definitely clearer this time, but I was mostly just messing with you anyway :)

Ian
07-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I refer you to Appendix A. Also, you have to somehow knock the hellacious, blodge-and-guard-twice-on-every-player, psycho weebles over before you can make the armour roll.

IRRELEVANT.

My extensive studies have proven that tackle and mighty blow, if anything, seem to make AV7 stronger.

Arnisarus
07-09-2011, 10:04 AM
im considering replacing my current woodies team, or at least getting them back to a fighting level before the start of the next season. they are so mangled right now that its a damn nightmare to get a decent game :D is there a short time between the season i could do this?

Ian
07-09-2011, 10:13 AM
I think there's usually a break to allow people to mend their teams/level new ones.

Arnisarus
07-09-2011, 01:29 PM
this is glorious news, a fighting fit team to start with woop ! *crosses fingers and hopes not to play stupid amazon women in first match* :)

groovychainsaw
07-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Arni, you have my ogres in the last match of the season...

So you should be fine, they couldn't touch the amazons, so as long as your dodge works, you'll come out with a fully repaired team by the end of the season :-)

Arnisarus
07-09-2011, 04:09 PM
you mean all that dodge that got killed off on injuries last game ? :P bloomiing founling halfings :D

Im praying for the win against you or a draw, as i think ending my season with more loss than win will crush the spirits of the poor woodelves, that, and ill get click happy with the delete player button :)

That said, i definately want another crack at playing in the open with them, i love to play as woodies they can just be infuriating at times, especially when you've agi 5 players that cant actually throw a ball.

laneford
07-09-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm totally accepting bribes the championship contenders to throw/try-extra-hard in the crucial games coming up...

imirk
07-09-2011, 06:23 PM
How much for you to use the all skulls block dice?

Jolima
07-09-2011, 07:12 PM
It's definitely clearer this time, but I was mostly just messing with you anyway :)
Yeah, I realize, but if gaming has taught me anything it is that you should seize any opportunity for exp that you can spot. ;-)

There will probably be something like a week between the end of this season and the start of the next one, so not very long but still time enough to do some recovery games.

Zoraster
08-09-2011, 06:44 AM
This is almost certainly madness caused by lack of sleep after working all night but I'm seriously toying with switching to dwarf next season. I've never been able to make them work as my style is way too aggressive for their patient grind. Along with human and slann they are one of the only races where I consistently dip below mediocrity and sink into the depths of being totally crap... I'd like to remedy this :)

grinn
08-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey all, been interesting reading the match reports and following the league. Look forward to plopping in next season!

drawlien
08-09-2011, 01:21 PM
This is almost certainly madness caused by lack of sleep after working all night but I'm seriously toying with switching to dwarf next season. I've never been able to make them work as my style is way too aggressive for their patient grind. Along with human and slann they are one of the only races where I consistently dip below mediocrity and sink into the depths of being totally crap... I'd like to remedy this :)

Noooo! the Amazons true Nemesis has awoken from their slumber under the mountains...

duff
08-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Noooo! the Amazons true Nemesis has awoken from their slumber under the mountains...

Somehow I doubt sympathy will be very forthcoming :P

Laneford - Sorry I may be about 10 minutes late tonight so probably best for you to wait for me to give you a shout on steam rather than waiting in the lobby?

laneford
08-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Duff, I'm going to be late I'm afraid. Sorry but it's unavoidable! (Is on mobile atm) maybe 9ish I hope.

President Weasel
08-09-2011, 07:52 PM

Don't worry Drawlien, there's always appendix A.

duff
08-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Duff, I'm going to be late I'm afraid. Sorry but it's unavoidable! (Is on mobile atm) maybe 9ish I hope.

How dare you? Its totally unacceptable coming here so close to the game to say you will be late.

No problem, catch me on steam when your ready.

duff
09-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Just finished a game against Laneford. I had around 300k in inducements so decided to splurge out on the Lizzie SP, Sibli, a truly augmented saurus packing block, guard, standfirm and grab - primed for some elf killing. Safe to say he got badly hurt in turn 2 to a one dice block! Shortly after Laneford managed to get an agi 5 elf into my cage to take down my skink. Next turn I suffered a missclick saurus dodge turnover and went down 1-0 early having received. Thankfully I managed to make more of a fight of it in the rest of the game, equalising 2-2 in the second half, but those damn elves were just too hard to defend against and Laneford completed a typical passing play in the final turn to win 3-2. Sibli, your shit.

President Weasel
09-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Blech, beaten 2-0 by Drawlien's Amazons. Couldn't quite reach the line in the first half, due to some excellent defending by Drawlien which included fouling the orc I was planning to throw to and KOing him off the pitch. A hatful of pushes on his tackle amazon meant my dodge blitzer had little chance of making it to the line for the pass in the final turn, and so it was to prove. He fell on his arse and my hopes for a draw went with him. I'd made a decent job of breaking amazon armour in this half, but only managed 3 KOs and one injury. The injury was apoced, and the KO'd amazons bounced up again like evil weebles at half time.

I couldn't keep the amazons out in the second half, and I couldn;t buy a POW or an armour break until it was too late to matter. With three turns to go Drawlien scored, and then the game was rather spoiled for me by the positioning bug stealing my troll so I couldn't even try the one turn touchdown. Not that it had much chance of success, but it was really disappointing not to even get to try it. Drawlien kicked short, my goblin failed a dodge before I'd picked the ball up, Drawlien grabbed the ball and was on his way to touchdown two.

A disappointing game for me. I'd have been a lot happier losing 1-0 because my goblin badly hurt himself on landing or failed that last go for it or something. Can't argue about the loss though; Drawlien outplayed me.

Next season, though...

Jolima
10-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Speaking of which, there never was a proper announcement for the last round starting, but obviously it has already.

Laneford, the weekend is busy for me, perhaps Wednesday or Thursday at 8pm would work?

groovychainsaw
10-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Arni, when would you like to play me? I'm free tomorrow morning, and then pretty free all day long this week (as I'm off work this week) tues/thurs night is out, and I'm trying to organise my divisions game in somewhere, too. Let me know when you'd like to play. Tomorrow morning would be ideal for me...

potatoedoughnut
11-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Ok so I've decided I need more RPS BB fix if the open will have me.

I have 2x Undead teams from another private league I could enter (if that's acceptable) at TV 1710 & 1410. I have a Nurgle in the RPS challenge league at 1460 or the Undead from the RPS Cup at 1300.

I'm also a spoiler since I'd be the only non-euro timezone player, so if that makes logistics tough I can pass. And you seem to have pretty close to a full league.

Ian
12-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Right then, Zoraster. I appear to have your 'orrible flings. When works for you?

Arnisarus
12-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Arni, when would you like to play me? I'm free tomorrow morning, and then pretty free all day long this week (as I'm off work this week) tues/thurs night is out, and I'm trying to organise my divisions game in somewhere, too. Let me know when you'd like to play. Tomorrow morning would be ideal for me...

Sorry was hella busy recently, i'm booked in for a match tonight in the DoD but im free wednesday evening if thats good for you?

Zoraster
12-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Ian; Thursday or Friday would be best for me I think. At the time of writing wide open on both days so name your time between 06:00-20:00 BST. Can start 21:00 if really required or later on Friday.

Ian
12-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Let's go for Friday then on the off-chance I'm delayed getting home from work/getting my dinner, etc. Shall we saaaaay.... 8pm on Friday night? (UK time, obvs.)

Zoraster
12-09-2011, 11:31 AM
See you then boss. Unless you withdraw your threat of departure I'll spend the game singing 'Please Don't Go' at you :)

Ian
12-09-2011, 12:18 PM
I think you lot are too attached to all the wins you get off me.

Bastards.

President Weasel
12-09-2011, 12:27 PM
in the Open, I only get "wins" off Khryses. I've played all my matches now and this is officially a zero-wins season for my Orc team. You might have to put a little * next to it like they do with the baseball records to note that I did get a "win".

groovychainsaw
13-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi Arni, I'm sort of 50/50 available for weds night, can I let you know a bit closer to that time? I got a busy day that day and I'm not sure where I'll end up ;-)

Arnisarus
13-09-2011, 02:34 PM
okay well i can do wednesday, friday evening, late tonight or the weekend. not in that order ... one of those days will probably be a DoD match, (hopefully tonight)

Jiiiiim
14-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Hello folks I have stuck down a team in the necro spot hopefully for next season, will look at getting them up to scratch now (they've played two games so far)

Indefatigible Snoozer
14-09-2011, 07:23 PM
I'd like to join in next season. I have a pretty well developed Khemri team (1650) lead ably by Captain Tomb Guardian "Man Pointing in Two Directions". He's quite the crowd pleaser with block and frenzy. I've even got an AG 3 skeleton! First step to developing my Khemri passing game...

I'll try and play a few more games with them over the next week to get them above 1800.

Jolima
14-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Welcome to all the new players.

I added a formula for determining the available races to make it more reliable than trying to list it manually. This lets me put down some more clarity for the race selection:

Make sure that the Race column always lists the race you want to play next season. If this is different than the one you are playing this season, write that in the notes column.
If you want to change to some other race just change it if it's free or negotiate with the one who currently has it.
Please never write down a race which is not listed among the "Available races".

Essentially, this means that the first to decide gets to pick. I'm sure there are some who will be willing to switch if you ask though.

Screwie currently doesn't have any team listed, but both of his alternatives (Dwarf and Goblin) are still free. If you don't pick one you may lose the option to chose if someone else wants one (or both!) of them.

Edit: I went ahead and put Screwie down for goblins now that the dwarves were taken. Feel free to change of course.

groovychainsaw
14-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Hi Arni, I've made it online, if you want to play tonight! Ping me on steam! :-)

Zoraster
14-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Alrighty, I’ve put down dwarf for myself next season but I’m mindful we are running short of races now and I’m comfortable in tier 3 territory so feel free to ask if you want to nick them. That said if anyone else nicks my beloved flings in the interim you may have to talk fast :D

Screwie
14-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Oops, I forgot I hadn't completed my application! Fortunately my heart belongs to the goblins, so Zoraster can have his dwarfs. :)

Vexing Vision
14-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Your goblinhearts belong to my Dark Elves you mean?

groovychainsaw
14-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Apologies Jiiim, but I'd already put my heavy hand down upon the necromantic selection (it doesn't seem obvious as its in a comment, rather than the race selection as I've not finished this season with ogres yet!). I did offer to play goblins or khemri as alternatives, but they're both taken now too. We're a bit short on races now ;-)

Jiiiiim
15-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Alright then, I'll back out.

duff
15-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Hughtower - When shall we play our final game of the season? I'm pretty busy until the weekend to be honest. Sunday would probably be best.

Arnisarus
15-09-2011, 09:05 AM
This week is complete hell for me and organising bloodbowl matches, GC are you available tonight? if not then im not going to be free till sunday as i've now been roped into driving for my companies national 3 peaks challenge. i will also be playing my DoD match on sunday :s

so tonight from 9 would be best but if not then sometime sunday evening.

Ian
15-09-2011, 09:38 AM
We're a bit short on races now ;-)

We are, and it's a shame to be turning players away.

I'm not sure if I'm meant to just edit the vote numbers but I'm in favour of splitting the Open into two if we have lots of people.

Second vote would go to expanding it and relaxing/altering the race rules a bit rather than just turning people away.

My first choice is definitely for a split though seeing as it'd somewhat reduce part of what's making me considering drop out. Selfish voting FTW.

Jolima
15-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Yes, you vote by just increasing the number. I've explained it a bit better in the spreadsheet.

I've added another poll for allowing more races per team as well. Haven't voted in that one myself yet as I'm undecided.

President Weasel
15-09-2011, 05:37 PM
I am pretty happy with any the suggested solutions.

potatoedoughnut
15-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Splitting into two seems more better, just to keep season lengths reasonable.

Ian
15-09-2011, 06:54 PM
I have voted for a split down the middle and for two teams per race.

HughTower
15-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Hughtower - When shall we play our final game of the season? I'm pretty busy until the weekend to be honest. Sunday would probably be best.

Sunday afternoon is perfick for me, ole dufferoo. 2pm?

drawlien
15-09-2011, 07:09 PM
How about 2 divisions and 2 teams per race, but the races must be unique within the division?

Also a play-off between the top teams in each division!

President Weasel
15-09-2011, 07:29 PM
I quite like the longness of the season compared to the Divisions, so I'd be a bit worried about splitting into two sixes or two fives; depends how many people want to join and how many Ians we can persuade not to drop out, I suppose.

Jolima
15-09-2011, 08:31 PM
I like the longness as well and would hope we get at least 8 teams per division. Looks like we're there already though with around 16 players. Especially if we can win Jiiiiim back by extending the race selection. We could also allow people a second team in the other division to fill it out if we're splitting I suppose. In fact drawlien's suggestion seem more in line with having two parallel division than ranked divisions, which could allow everyone who wanted to play more. Might be more fun to set up some other system like the cup or something similar in addition to the Open instead then though.

President Weasel
15-09-2011, 08:48 PM
oh well, if we're looking at 8s or 9s that should be plenty long enough to make a nice difference from the Divisions. I like the idea of a superbowl at the end between the eastern and western champions too.

Zoraster
15-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Equal conferences rather than tiered divisions would be my choice too. Then we could keep playing a variety of opponents and teams each season rather than having the same old names rising to the top.

Ian
15-09-2011, 10:38 PM
We'd need to have a Super Bowl equivalent, obvs. The SHOTGUN BOWL.

ChainsawHands
15-09-2011, 11:38 PM
If we're looking for players, I can attempt to use peer pressure to force Alistair Hutton to partake of our long-seasoned delights.

President Weasel
15-09-2011, 11:46 PM
I endorse the above posts.

duff
16-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Sunday afternoon is perfick for me, ole dufferoo. 2pm? Sunday at 2 is a 50:50 for me, I was thinking more of an evening game. I will let you know for definite on Saturday if I can make 2pm. If not then is it possible you could play sometime in the evening on Sunday (or Saturday)?

@ all you slags - Personally I kind of like having the single large league. I always thought the NFL thing - where you have the top team from each conference play each at the end was extremely stupid. What if the top 3 or so teams in conference A where miles ahead of the top team in conference B? It wouldn't really be a 'clash of the titans'. I could never get my head around why the NFL do that (and why they don't just play proper football instead). Or am I just incredibly close-minded and xenophobic? :p

EDIT: I think I may have made a boo boo on the spreadsheet. I could have sworn the option for 'Remove Race Restriction' had 0 votes but I clicked something and think I pasted the value from the row above into it (don't ask me how). So did anyone actually vote for removing the race restriction?

Jolima
16-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Hmn, we could have a big playoff at the end where everyone plays against the team with the same rank from the other conference. This could decide which conference you are in next season to let us make them equaler and equaler over time. (Not sure on the details yet, something like winner from even ranks go west and winners from odd ranks go east.)

Pro: We don't have a break for everyone except the conference winners.
Con: Everyone has to leave the division and play a game outside of it.

It seems they have support for playoffs in a cup format with a number of the highest ranked teams at the end. So we could run everything in a single league and use that.

Pro: No fiddling about having to drop out/join leagues.
Con: Depending on how many teams we want in the cup, some people will have to wait for a while between seasons.
Con: So many players in a single league will mean we have to be even stricter with delays, since any delay will affect everyone else.

Edit: There were no votes for removing race restrictions last I looked, so I'll reduce that number by three later today if no one complains.

grinn
16-09-2011, 09:03 AM
I can't vote since I m not in the league but it would be great to have 2 teams per race and 2 divisions with a playoff.

Also, raise my hand for orcs if a second team is up (currently at 2000 tv only played at private league).

Ian
16-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Zoraster: I might run a little late tonight. A family member has "requested" that I drive them somewhere. Only five or ten minutes down the road though so if I'm delayed it shouldn't be by much.

@ all you slags - Personally I kind of like having the single large league. I always thought the NFL thing - where you have the top team from each conference play each at the end was extremely stupid. What if the top 3 or so teams in conference A where miles ahead of the top team in conference B? It wouldn't really be a 'clash of the titans'. I could never get my head around why the NFL do that (and why they don't just play proper football instead). Or am I just incredibly close-minded and xenophobic? :p

Whatever format you're going to have some teams will play opposition that they vastly outclass. And the odds of the top of one division being that far ahead of the top of the other division for any reason other than horrendous bad luck or the ability of the actual player strikes me as fairly slim.

Or am I just incredibly close-minded

Possibly. ;) There are things I don't like about the NFL format but building up to a Super Bowl isn't one of them.

If a split meant mixing the divisions up every year then I would say it'd involve two things:

a) At the end of a season just listing all the teams by the amount of points they finished the season with and just going, "#1 is division A, #2 is Division B, #3 is Division A" etc. (Or going A, B, B, A, perhaps? Something like that) so teams get spread evenly depending on what sort of state they're in at the end of a season.

b) Possibly relaxing race restrictions even more. Or at least accepting that there might be a season where dumb luck means one division ends up mostly bashy and one the opposite. But them's the breaks. Possibly all you'd need is depending on how the divisions end up let each division know what races are available to be switched-to if anybody's looking to switch to keep diversity up. So if Division B was set to start a season with three chaos teams and no elves then people would be able to change FROM chaos but not TO chaos if they were going to be in that division that year. But not forcing anybody to switch.

I don't see any harm in trying a change anyway, even if it's quite a radical one. Any switch means a much shorter season and if people don't like it after that one season then it can always be changed either back to a standard one-league format or try something else.