PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The RPS Open

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

laneford
06-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Now you need to get an AG5 rotter to throw the ball to him.

Or maybe that's just my team...

ChainsawHands
06-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Now you need to get an AG5 rotter to throw the ball to him.

Or maybe that's just my team...I've got two AG4 warriors, does that count?

President Weasel
06-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Congratulations on your glorious victory, Screwie!

Laneford, how can an AG5 rotter possibly still be alive? Haven't they got middling armour and that condition that gives them two injury rolls for the price of one? And doesn't an AG5 one have a big sign on it that says "get me off the pitch by any means necessary, kill me I'm here"? (Is it just me?)

I have an AG4 Black Orc.

Jiiiiim
06-05-2012, 03:17 PM
I have an AG 3 Pythagoras.

hmmph

duff
06-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Hopefully we can sort this out by the end of Monday if thus allowed?

Duff - I can start anytime before 12pm today or reckon I'll be back Monday evening from 5pm or so. Apologies for the small windows, I've been moving house over the last week in a ridiculously disorganised fashion.

No worries. I should be able to play on Monday night at around 5. I'm equally happy for Jolima to default the game and move it on if other people need to get their games in.

EDIT: If anyone needs to play soon because of a holiday or any reason please say.

President Weasel
06-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Jolima's away this weekend and asked if someone else could roll the Open forward for him. As I'm officially "someone else", let's give you an extension until around 8pm Monday :)

duff
06-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Just looked at the spreadsheet and it says in red letters 'no delays allowed', so I've set our match to 0-0 and moved the league on to the next day so you guys can get organising.

Sorry Hughtower, I hope you feel this was a fair resolution, I was waiting round on Steam to discuss it with you but didn't want to hold the league up any longer and it turns out it was only a 50-50 whether I would be able to get to the computer in time tommorow night. It's not so bad in the DoD but here I don't feel comfortable leaving 16 others waiting to play.

President Weasel
07-05-2012, 01:05 AM
Right then. I've filled in your 0-0 in the spreadsheet (bad Duffin, back in your box) and I've filled in '-' marks for this week's fixtures.
Gentlemen, take your partners for the Week 10 Waltz.

The intrepid Storm Boyz will be playing... Snoozer's Khemri? Oh god.
When do you want to play, Herr Von Snoozelein?

Zoraster
07-05-2012, 05:40 AM
Pier when is good for you? The weekend needs to be avoided if at all possible as that is the only time I’ll be able to play WTF in the DoD assuming he can’t do his daytime in midweek. Other than that restriction I’m currently wide open from Wednesday forwards. A late afternoon/early evening meeting would be my preference.

I’ve got through my nightmare run of fixtures still unbeaten and haven’t lost any of my core players. That surely means I’ll get creamed now things are easier or BB isn’t working right!

mrpier
07-05-2012, 06:01 AM
Zoraster - Wednesday is probably out, Thursday looks good, Friday and weekend is a maybe. :)

Zoraster
07-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Shall we aim for Thursday 18:00 BST then?

mrpier
07-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Zoraster - Sounds good.

Jiiiiim
07-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Lowkey! Stand and face me! Today's good, it's a bank holiday so just poke me on steam.

LowKey
07-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Sounds good Jim ma boy, bit of work to do but I'll catch you in a bit

Jiiiiim
07-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Ultimate Maths Squad (Jim, human) vs It's Catching! (Lowkey, nurgle)

link link link ---> http://www.mediafire.com/?0im6y5517ldho24 <--- link link link

Starting to play
Poor old pythag hit
by a wizard
keep it anyway
Trying to push that nurgle around so
Hardy's away
To make it one nil, OK?

Nuuuur. Glllle. Seeeeee. Breeeeeak. IIIiiiiis. Oooooon.
Shiiiiiit. Ooooone. Oooooone.
It could have been twooooooo

So needless to say
I'm cross while changing ends
And Bernoulli's
stumbling away
Slowly turning to strife from OK.
Damn Jacobi
It's no help if you roll them skulls, now

Beeeeast. Maaaan's. Freeeee. Paaaast. Neewwwww. Toooooon.
Shiiiiit. Twoooooo. Oooooone.
Not long to gooooooooo.

Okay team, I know it looks bleak, I know pythagoras is on the floor there and I know you're wondering where Jacobi got that set of synthesizers. Yes they have more players, but you know what they don't have? Heart! We've got more hearts, per man, than them because some of them are reanimated, pustule-covered sacks of disease! And if that doesn't inspire you, I don't know what will. JACOBI HIT THE VICTORY RHYTHM SWITCH.

Oh the kick is astray
Mark them up and
make a play
we scurry away
Only one of them can blitz and
dismember
Push and a skull
Bernoulli is free to score now

Doooodge. Hiiiim. Freeeee. Ruuuun. Hiiiim. Ooooon.
Weeeee areeee goooooone.
It's two twooooooooo

Jaaaaa. Coooooo. Biiiiiii. Geeeeeets. Knooooocked Dooooooown.
Gooooood. Iiiiiii. Frooooown.
His ankle is goooooooooo.

Daaaamn. Loooow. Keeeeey.

Full-time: Maths 2-2 Nurgle

I think there go all my hopes of getting into the top three this year but it was another fun end-to-end game. If I'd only knocked down his carrier at the end of the first half (had a 2 dice block on him but only pushes) then it could have been a glorious victory. As it was, my ogre Jacobi took a movement injury on turn 16 :(

LowKey
07-05-2012, 04:04 PM
This is now my ring tone

Vexing Vision
07-05-2012, 07:27 PM
JACOBI HIT THE VICTORY RHYTHM SWITCH.

I laughed. Loudly and repeatedly, and of course in total awe.

grinn
07-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Hahaha, fantastic as always :)

grinn
08-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Hey Screwie, I m online - beep me on steam when you re ready to play.

drawlien
09-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Duff, when would you like to play our match? I could do this evening or Thursday 7.30-8.30pm start or sometime Sunday afternoon/evening. Any of those suit you?

Screwie
09-05-2012, 09:35 AM
So Grinn and I attempted our match last night. A synch error called the game short early in the second half but the first half was a doozy. Never seen an Orc team so developed!

It's unlikely we'll have the time to replay the match so I've defaulted 2-0 to Grinn's team. It was already 1-0 by the end of the first half and definitely heading in that direction before the game cyanided. I had very little manpower left by that point.

This also has the bonus of erasing the MNGs my goblins picked up and avoiding another potentially more injurious match with that horribly mean team, which totally had nothing to do with my decision at all. :P

HughTower
09-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Sorry Hughtower, I hope you feel this was a fair resolution, I was waiting round on Steam to discuss it with you but didn't want to hold the league up any longer and it turns out it was only a 50-50 whether I would be able to get to the computer in time tommorow night. It's not so bad in the DoD but here I don't feel comfortable leaving 16 others waiting to play.

I'm FURIOUS!

Actually I'm not at all. And I wanted you to know that.

duff
09-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Duff, when would you like to play our match? I could do this evening or Thursday 7.30-8.30pm start or sometime Sunday afternoon/evening. Any of those suit you?

Hey, I think Thursday night would be best I should be on steam by 8.00pm at the latest.

Hughtower - haha cheers.

Jolima
09-05-2012, 06:59 PM
ChainsawHands, might Saturday at around 8 pm work for our match?

drawlien
09-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Hey, I think Thursday night would be best I should be on steam by 8.00pm at the latest.

You're on MacDuff.

NieA7
09-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Groovy, a surprising number of my gobbos didn't die last match so I need to feed them to the dogs. I can make tomorrow or Friday evening from 20:00, pretty much any time Sunday (pending all the other games I need to arrange).

Indefatigible Snoozer
09-05-2012, 09:22 PM
The intrepid Storm Boyz will be playing... Snoozer's Khemri? Oh god.
When do you want to play, Herr Von Snoozelein?

Let's pencil it in for tomorrow (Thursday) evening. Would around 6 BST suit you?
Watch for updates, because work has a nasty habit of...happening.

President Weasel
10-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Thursday works, but it'll need to be closer to 7.30. 6 won't work at all.

Indefatigible Snoozer
10-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Work is happening, which means a later time is actually better for me. Shall we say 8:30 BST?

grinn
10-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Never seen an Orc team so developed!

Oh Nuffle, Nuffle,
Ye who'se nipples are perky
and armpits ever-scented
Grant us the STR boost,
We've yearned for,
We've begged for,
We've bled for,
In the last 6 seasons.
Oh Nuffle, Nuffle...

ChainsawHands
10-05-2012, 12:32 PM
JoOoOoOoOoOoOolima! Sunday?

President Weasel
10-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Work is happening, which means a later time is actually better for me. Shall we say 8:30 BST?

Yes, let's.

President Weasel
10-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Oh Nuffle, Nuffle,
Ye who'se nipples are perky
and armpits ever-scented
Grant us the STR boost,
We've yearned for,
We've begged for,
We've bled for,
In the last 6 seasons.
Oh Nuffle, Nuffle...

I think you used up all the ridiculous stat boosts on your other orc team; bunch of circus freaks and mutants, they are.

groovychainsaw
10-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Nie, a surprising number of my necros didn't (re)die last match so I need to feed them to the gobs. ;-)

I have a backlog of blood bowl to organise my way through. Sunday morning may be a possibility? Is this my chance to chalk up a win this season? Or another mediocre necro performance, losing another good player? Time will tell!

ChainsawHands
10-05-2012, 02:51 PM
ChainsawHands, might Saturday at around 8 pm work for our match?Oh, totally missed this. Don't think I'll be able to do Saturday, but I'll probably be free on Sunday.

laneford
10-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Jan, i'm afraid due to unforeseen circumstances I'm going to have to cancel our match tonight. Any other day good for you?

Janek
10-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Oh noes.

Uh, whenever really.

NieA7
10-05-2012, 08:46 PM
I have a backlog of blood bowl to organise my way through. Sunday morning may be a possibility? Is this my chance to chalk up a win this season? Or another mediocre necro performance, losing another good player? Time will tell!

Unfortunately I'm out Sunday morning and I've got another game when I get back. I can make a kick off between about 15:00-18:00 if that's any good. As for winning, I reckon I'm owed some big time BB karma after the last few games, but it'd take more than karma for my bunch of reprobates to do anything useful.

President Weasel
10-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Gerald Throwington looked around the dressing room, at once proud, happy, and a little bemused.

-"I know I said 'I have no idea how to play against Khemri, let's just have a punch up', and I know I said 'Do unto others as they are planning to do unto you, but do it first and harder'. I know I said 'stiffen up your sinews. Imitate the action of the tiger!'. I know I said 'Gork and Mork are watching! Go out there and make them proud and/or amused!'

-"But I didn't in my wildest dreams expect there to be two solitary tomb guardians left on the pitch at the end!"

"We done good today, didn't we boss?"

- "Yes, Boyz. You done good. Now somebody go to the discount goblin warehouse and hire Einstein another mid-meal snack"

Einstein burped contentedly and picked something from between his teeth. A goblin-sized helmet bounced onto the floor and under a bench.

======================================
Storm Boyz 2 - 0 Snoozer's Khemri
A rock sailed out of the crowd on the opening kickoff, and put one of Snoozers better Tomb Guardians in the KO'd box. Several more followed, and there were roughly 5 KO's and one wounded by the time I scored in my turn 8. One orc blitzer got killed, but I apoced him to merely "walk it off in time for the next drive".
The Khemri had two goes to wake up, but I believe only two did, leaving Snoozer with 8 khemri against 11 for the second half.
I think I took 3 casualties - for the second time in his career, my troll ate a goblin. Snoozer's wizard badly hurt Azlop with a fireball, and, I think, someone else got KO'd or BH. Apart from that it was a ridiculously one-sided second half, and there were 2 khemri against 8 orcs at the end.

Afterwards, Ugroth Eat'Skullz rolled a double. He's now a Black Orc with +2 agility, +1 move, block and dodge.

It's been a pretty good day for the Storm Boyz.

duff
10-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Drawlien just mugged me, but it was such a good game I'm almost okay with it. Now I don't know which emotion to engage.

drawlien
11-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Yeah, a pretty ridiculous TD at the end to get the draw. Ball deep in my half with a Stand Firm Saurus covering it. Pick up from my +Agi Thrower and short pass to a linewoman on the halfway line. Runs it forward with a gfi and hands it off to a catcher covered by a Saurus and a Skink. 1d Blitz against skink to get free and run in the TD!

mrpier
11-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Zoraster and I played a very close game yesterday, his POMB-bombing norse against my highfalutin high elves. To avoid the linemen killing bastard vikings I chose to receive in the first half. I tried to look for an easy up the field, but with all the tackle and guard (and a surprising amount of doge) creating holes in the norse line seemed difficult. I eventually went down the right side, having seen an opening after knocking some norse down and others were down because of piling on. I only had enough players to set up a weak screen fairly close to the sidelines, however I had discounted jump up on so many players (3 or 4?) which made my position much less tenable than I had hoped. I had a chance to score early and I went for it, it started with a pass for spp that one my blitzers needed for level 4, a one, rerolled to one, fumbled pass, ball fumbled into the catchers square it was meant to go, luck after all? Another one, ball landed in an unoccupied square, still fairly well protected.

A brawl started up that I was ill-equipped to participate in, and my players started going off the pitch, luckily most of these were KO's rather than injured with a dead and a BH lineman being the exception. Through the magic of elvishness I managed to not let zoraster get too comfortable with the ball, and around round five, I had a chance to score with only a dodge into a tackle zone, pick up ball in two tacklezones, another dodge and a GFI to the safety of the end zone, piece of cake and 1-nil to the elves.

Zoraster started his drive down my left side, I felt good, all my KO'd players being back on the field. However an overcommit to the left side and a failed dodge, left my right side exposed, and again I was a little surprised by jump up, letting the norse put up a reasonable cage on the right side. Out of position without using lots of GFI's and no rerolls I was in a bad way and zoraster could walk in 1-1 in turn 8.

Second half and zoraster received the ball, I was surprisingly still 11 players strong, the KO'd players raising from the dazed again. Zoraster piled on my players a lot, but with a bit worse luck this half, this allowed to play a bit more confident in defence, blitzing the corners of his cage and being a nuisance. There was a lof of back and forth in this half, both had good chances to score only to be thwarted by bad dice at crucial moments. I was one dodge/GFI from scoring with a reroll, but failed the dodge, and zoraster had at least two occasions where he probably could have score had he not double skulled on a two dice block. Match ended 1-1.

Very tense and entertaining match that could have gone both ways, so thanks for the game zoraster and I hope I never play a game against a team with that much POMB again. :-)

HughTower
11-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Prester old chap. I'm out this weekend in the main, but how about Tuesday night around 9pm? Any good?

Jolima
11-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Oh, totally missed this. Don't think I'll be able to do Saturday, but I'll probably be free on Sunday.

Can you do 10 am on Sunday? I think I'll be busy all afternoon/evening.

ChainsawHands
12-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Later would be better, but 10am should be OK.

Prester John
12-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Prester old chap. I'm out this weekend in the main, but how about Tuesday night around 9pm? Any good?

Sounds like a date.....

Jolima
13-05-2012, 12:05 PM
I broke the game. :(

2-0 up in turn 16 and the ball is lying around surrounded by players of both sides. I send a frenzy-elf to chain push a side-stepper onto the ball, who--it seems--manages to pick it up. (I don't think that should be possible though so it might just have been a visual artifact) Then the game goes into overdrive and keeps rolling dice and sending out log-messages about the ball bouncing in different directions without any visual result.

After waiting a few minutes we decided to replay the game later on.

*sadface*

President Weasel
13-05-2012, 12:20 PM
I broke the game. :(

2-0 up in turn 16
After waiting a few minutes we decided to replay the game later on.

*sadface*

I think we can be pretty sure you were going to win that one, surely a 2-0 admin result would be fair?

ChainsawHands
13-05-2012, 12:34 PM
The problem with that is I'd managed 4 injuries, so with that and the MVP if it gets admined I'd be down 13SPP and whatever cash I'd have gotten.

ChainsawHands
13-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Actually, Jolima had made at least some passes, so if we set it to 3-2 to Jolima I think that'd keep us both on roughly the same amount of SPP, and also let Jolima keep the (deserved) win. Does that seem fair?

Zoraster
13-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Doesn’t work like that ‘Hands. There are only two options for an admin result. A draw, giving both sides one winnings dice, an MVP and a TD or a win giving two of each to one team and nothing to the other. You can set any score you like but it is purely cosmetic. The choice is a binary one.

Personally if that was my league I’d validate the game as it stands but admin the BBM result to the pre-crash score. That way Jol gets the win he deserved and you both get to keep the SPPs earned in game, bar ‘Hands getting a few extra from random TDs and nicking Jol’s MVP.

ChainsawHands
13-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Ah, of course. Sighanide.

HughTower
13-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Prester old chap. Just checking if you can do 930 ish tonight (Sunday)? look for on steam around thenif you're keen.

Prester John
15-05-2012, 09:55 PM
No HughTower tonight? Tommorow (weds) maybe?

HughTower
16-05-2012, 01:44 PM
No HughTower tonight? Tommorow (weds) maybe?

Bowlocks. Forgot to reschedule you/this. Apologies.

Thursday evening, it'll have to be. OK with you, PJ?

Prester John
16-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Bowlocks. Forgot to reschedule you/this. Apologies.

Thursday evening, it'll have to be. OK with you, PJ?

No problem - Thursday is good, any particular time? I'm free from 7pm.

laneford
16-05-2012, 08:02 PM
My high elves absolutely nuffled Janek's undead yesterday, 4-1.

It was full of hideous elfball and generally undeserved, but i'll bloody take it.

I think the highlight was my rookie no skills catcher making seven consecutive 3+ rolls to score the opening (and killer) TD with no rerolls remaining.

It does however, mean my already bloated team are up to a TV of 2150, consisting of only 11 players. At least I can't be accused of min/maxing my way to midtable 'glory'.

HughTower
17-05-2012, 10:48 PM
And the last game of this round is done.

I didn't roll it on just in case I'd missed a d/c game or summat...

Jolima
18-05-2012, 07:49 AM
I've rolled it on. Next round is due on Saturday next week.

Drawlien: Can you do an early Saturday game tomorrow? At 9am say?

drawlien
18-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi Jolima - I'm away this weekend at a Stag Party. I could probably Sunday evening but would prefer not to! Otherwise, one evening next week (excluding monday) 7.30-8.30pm start would be good.

mrpier
18-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Seems like my match is marked up wrong on the spreadsheet, I'm set to meet janek, but from the in-game calendar I should be meeting Low-key?

Zoraster
18-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah, wrong week was marked up. I've swapped the fixtures around.

Hugh a nice AV7 duel awaits this round. When would suit? Sunday mornings still good for you?

LowKey
18-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Then mrpier when should we fight? I am pretty free all week/end except for sat and sun night

President Weasel
18-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Aw pants, it's my one-man bogey team Chainsawhands.
On the plus side, the Storm Boyz have been schooled by half the Open this time out, so it's not like my inevitable loss is going to ruin my otherwise promising season.

When do you want to do this?

Screwie
18-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Hahaha, for a moment there it looked like I would have to swallow that Chainsawhands-shaped bullet! Dodged it for another week, at least.

So instead I have Snoozer's Khemri. When are you free to play? I can manage any time on Sunday, or any night but Tuesday next week after 8pm.

ChainsawHands
18-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Aw pants, it's my one-man bogey team Chainsawhands.
On the plus side, the Storm Boyz have been schooled by half the Open this time out, so it's not like my inevitable loss is going to ruin my otherwise promising season.

When do you want to do this?I'm pretty sure you beat me last season...

Monday at 8pm?

President Weasel
18-05-2012, 02:22 PM
The sun even shines on a dead dog's ass occasionally :)
Monday at 8 it is.

mrpier
18-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Then mrpier when should we fight? I am pretty free all week/end except for sat and sun night

I should be good to go whenever this weekend really. Tonight 7 pm?

LowKey
18-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Sounds good, see you then

Janek
19-05-2012, 03:09 PM
-AV to a wolf and a ghoul, and a golem killed. 81 SPP effectively retired. I enjoyed that game less than I will the song.

Jiiiiim
19-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Maths Squad (Jim, human) vs Pembroke Pirates (Janek, necro)

Seeing as these are both teams reconstituted from fumbbl, they have actually sort of played before. So far I've Lost (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3020347) and Drawn (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3044990) so maybe this is the one to set the record straight eh?

as always, link link link ---> http://www.mediafire.com/?e061cuco2lx2oct <--- link link link

Tonight I'm gonna pit myself against necros
those not alive and the wolves are gonna get knocked out Yeah!
Though we have not found Jacobi
I'll beat them I vow. beat them up
'Cause Nuffle is so kind when your name's in blood, signed

Raring to kick, cut them down to size
little linemen defying a wall of golem meat
And when they start, one does die, poor Heaviside-ah
Oh well let's go go go
Knock them out their treeee

punching through the wolf Yeah!
unable to flee
That's why they call me Mister Lupincide
I'm gathering around their guys
I wanna take a golem down and turn him to glue

[Knock zombies out] I'm covering the ghoul fine
but he has the ball I just need a pow
If I wanna get a score but, the bastard won't fall
God, stop him now ('Cause I'm running out of time)
Give me that pow ('cause I'm running out of time)
He don't wanna stop at all

Then a blocking hit from René Descartes
with excessive force
makes a golem die, I'm back in control
I'm an oiled machine, Janek's gotta go
Risk a dodgy score, but then it
Oh oh oh oh oh explodes

I'm lining up the sides Yeah!
We'll break 'em with ease
If I can only get rid of those wights
Unravelling the other side
is gonna take a Super Mathematician Crew

Bernoulli and Euler and Hardy
Let's get them
Euclid and Srini
knock 'em dead (no regen!)
Dirichlet, Jo-Louis pythag and Newton, Gauss and
René D, Jacobi, soloooo

Shouldn't you be resting that ankle!

Get down off that pillar this minute!

Nobody try to catch him if he goes for the crowd surf!

I'm hurting shambling guys Yeah!
Two turns not to freeze
But my catcher gets thumped by a wight
I'm trav'ling up to set things right
I wanna make a super set of candles from you

Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time
I'm mauling a ghoul with so many pows
But Janek just recovers
and knocks out the ball
Get that guy down ('Cause I'm running out of time)
Score that touchdown (with eight chances in nine)
I don't wanna stop at all

Full time: Maths 1-0 Pirates

Wasn't pleasant on Janek's end, he suffered three career-ending injuries to three key positionals. Sorry :(

Next up I've got grinn though, so I'll be feeling that whole "career ending injuries" thing soon enough.

mrpier
19-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Brilliant.

grinn
19-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Hey Laneford, when do you want to play?

President Weasel
19-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Brilliant.

Contender for best match report song ever. I laughed out loud several times.
I liked how you double tracked your voice for the harmonies, and I particularly enjoyed your maniacal laughter at the end.

Zoraster
20-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Hugh: Monday is out, as is Saturday. Rest of the week is available as I've got a heavy work schedule this week but as ever I'll need a fair bit of notice to keep a window open.

NieA7
20-05-2012, 11:09 AM
drawlien, you're next in my quest to be beaten by everyone in the whole world. I can make pretty much any time today Tuesday, Thursday or Friday after 20:00 and Saturday morning and afternoon.

Prester John
20-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Groovy, it appears fate has decreed we should meet on the field, name your time sir.
(After 7pm any evening except friday is good for me)

laneford
20-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Hey Laneford, when do you want to play?

Hello mate! I can play tonight, or anyother weeknight other than monday (game of thrones night innit)

drawlien
20-05-2012, 05:33 PM
drawlien, you're next in my quest to be beaten by everyone in the whole world. I can make pretty much any time today Tuesday, Thursday or Friday after 20:00 and Saturday morning and afternoon.

Tuesday at 8pm sounds good to me.

LowKey
20-05-2012, 06:34 PM
ooooh! I have decided I will be subbing in lizards for definite next season, sorry squirrel but I suck with elfs

groovychainsaw
21-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi Prester, I'll need to play one night this week as I'm off on holidays come friday. Add me on steam and i'll try to catch you in the next day or two :-)

grinn
21-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Laneford, what is the earliest you can start during the week? The best day for me would be today - any chance we can play before game of thrones?
I could make tuesday after 9pm uk time (10 pm Copenhagen) or maybe thursday. What say you?

Indefatigible Snoozer
21-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Hahaha, for a moment there it looked like I would have to swallow that Chainsawhands-shaped bullet! Dodged it for another week, at least.

So instead I have Snoozer's Khemri. When are you free to play? I can manage any time on Sunday, or any night but Tuesday next week after 8pm.

Only Wednesday is going to work, so let's pencil it in for then. How late can you start? The later the better for me.

Screwie
21-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Well I'd rather not begin any later than 10pm, but can do as late as 11pm.

duff
21-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Hey Jolima, when is good for you to play? My best times are probably Wed and Thur evening.

groovychainsaw
21-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi Prester, turns out I'll be totally free tonight, how does 8:30pm sound for our game?

Prester John
21-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Hi Prester, turns out I'll be totally free tonight, how does 8:30pm sound for our game?

Sounds fine... see you later!

President Weasel
21-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Gerald Throwington looked around the dressing room. The entire team looked, surprisingly for Orcs, nervous.

- Look, I know they're a terrifying bunch of chaos mans, and I know Chainsawhands is better than me at coaching. I know they're near the very top of the league, and we're... not. I don't have a cunning plan to beat them.
They're stuffed with mighty blow, and some of them are much stronger than they have any right to be.
All I can tell you is that the one called "Over" and the one called "All Around You" are carrying niggling injuries.

Boyz, you get out there and sweep the leg! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFlQNtL8F9s)

Jolima
21-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Hey Jolima, when is good for you to play? My best times are probably Wed and Thur evening.

Let's go for Thursday. 8 pm?

NieA7
21-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Tuesday at 8pm sounds good to me.

Great, see you then.

laneford
21-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Laneford, what is the earliest you can start during the week? The best day for me would be today - any chance we can play before game of thrones?
I could make tuesday after 9pm uk time (10 pm Copenhagen) or maybe thursday. What say you?

I can't do today, I could do either Tuesday or Thursday. Thursday is probably better but I'm pretty flexible. Let me know eh.

groovychainsaw
21-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Urgh - another superbly crappy performance from my necros, continuing their run of completely crappy performances (one good game so far this season, by my count). Outpunched by wood elves, 1 death (to add to my other 3 I've had this season), one smashed collar bone for my one useful player (my ag4 wolf). No dice rolls worked at all all game, Prester's fireball took out 5 players at one point to set the scene.
5-0 (!) to prester. Who also played well, to rub salt in to my terrible, terrible game. Well played prester, on to the next drubbing. I can't wait to retire these useless SOBs.

President Weasel
21-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Gerald Throwington looked around the dressing room. The entire team looked, surprisingly for Orcs, nervous.

- Look, I know they're a terrifying bunch of chaos mans, and I know Chainsawhands is better than me at coaching. I know they're near the very top of the league, and we're... not. I don't have a cunning plan to beat them.
They're stuffed with mighty blow, and some of them are much stronger than they have any right to be.
All I can tell you is that the one called "Over" and the one called "All Around You" are carrying niggling injuries.

Boyz, you get out there and sweep the leg! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFlQNtL8F9s)

Well, fuck.

Operation Sweep The Leg was working pretty well up until the last turn. Sure, we were three touchdowns down, but on the plus side 'Hands had taken six casualties to my one. Nobody had any career enders although 'Hands had a couple of MNGs.
Then 'Hands killed my 43 SPP blitzer, and my apoc couldn't save him. Right after I had pissed my apoc away failing to change a "dead" result, 'Hands managed to smash the ankle of my glorious +2 agi +1 move black orc.
The fastest, most agile Black Orc ever is now a normal speed agile Black Orc. Fucking vandal.
I did managed to smash the ankle of a 5spp chaos man, and then another one with maybe one skillup, but that didn't bring Urgroth Eat'Skulls's ankle back.
I will never see him running free and frolicking in the sun again like he used to.

I guess I should have expected that last minute crane kick to the face.
Next time, I will pick a meme where my team wins at the end.

grinn
21-05-2012, 11:54 PM
I can't do today, I could do either Tuesday or Thursday. Thursday is probably better but I'm pretty flexible. Let me know eh.

Tomorrow at 21.00 uk time would be better.im abroad for work and Thursday might end up being a late one (ie not sure when I ll be able to get on). Does that work?

laneford
22-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Tomorrow at 21.00 uk time would be better.im abroad for work and Thursday might end up being a late one (ie not sure when I ll be able to get on). Does that work?

Aye that should be fine.

grinn
22-05-2012, 07:58 AM
great see you tonight!

Indefatigible Snoozer
22-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Well I'd rather not begin any later than 10pm, but can do as late as 11pm.

Let's pencil in 10pm - will you be around earlier, in case work unexpectedly lets me get home prior to the sun setting?

Screwie
22-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Aye I'll be around all evening.

ChainsawHands
22-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Well, fuck.

Operation Sweep The Leg was working pretty well up until the last turn. Sure, we were three touchdowns down, but on the plus side 'Hands had taken six casualties to my one. Nobody had any career enders although 'Hands had a couple of MNGs.
Then 'Hands killed my 43 SPP blitzer, and my apoc couldn't save him. Right after I had pissed my apoc away failing to change a "dead" result, 'Hands managed to smash the ankle of my glorious +2 agi +1 move black orc.
The fastest, most agile Black Orc ever is now a normal speed agile Black Orc. Fucking vandal.
I did managed to smash the ankle of a 5spp chaos man, and then another one with maybe one skillup, but that didn't bring Urgroth Eat'Skulls's ankle back.
I will never see him running free and frolicking in the sun again like he used to.

Next time, I will pick a meme where my team wins at the end.Yeah, it was a pretty brutal match - I ended up with 3 or 4 MNG (the levelled-up beastman who got -MV got apothecaried to MNG, and the -MV 5SPP beastman got sacked and replaced) and a few BHs. Somehow, despite Pweasel spending the whole match removing my players from the pitch I just kept scoring, so it seemed like a reasonable tradeoff: sacrificing some players to Nuffle to secure the win. And then turn 16 happened, and killing the blitzer and breaking the black orc (technically the crowd did that, I reckon they thought he was an elf), so it was just a 4-0 victory with a couple of crippling injuries to my opponent. Nuffle be praised!

Puts me on 10 players for my next match against Screwie's gobbos, so at least that'll bring his inducement cash down a bit...

Thanks to greasy green Pweasel for the match.

Screwie
22-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Puts me on 10 players for my next match against Screwie's gobbos, so at least that'll bring his inducement cash down a bit...

Thanks for the heads up, I will have to make sure more of my guys go down in my match against Snoozer to compensate.

Time to give my trolls some throwing practise!

LowKey
22-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Hey jolima how strict is the 1700tv limit for new teams? My lizards are at 1750 and id rather not sack a skink

duff
22-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Let's go for Thursday. 8 pm?

Sounds good, see you then.

Indefatigible Snoozer
22-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Well, fuck.

'Hands managed to smash the ankle of my glorious +2 agi +1 move black orc.

This is nuffle's way of thanking you for the -1 AG you inflicted on my Str 4, AG 3 Blitz-ra.

President Weasel
22-05-2012, 08:05 PM
I thought at the time it was probably Nuffle's way of thanking me for the -1 AG I inflicted on Brucey the 5AG Dark Elf from "Brucey's Bonus" - it does seem like I was probably due a nuffling.
It made me sad to have such a delightfully unlikely player and then see him made less unusual; I now know how you must have felt when I lamed your unicorn.

HughTower
22-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Hugh: Monday is out, as is Saturday. Rest of the week is available as I've got a heavy work schedule this week but as ever I'll need a fair bit of notice to keep a window open.

OK, I'm at a wedding from Friday so I reckon either late Thursday night (c 10pm) or early Friday morning (7 am).

How's zem apples?

President Weasel
22-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Hey, I am at a wedding this weekend too, is yours in Embra?

Zoraster
22-05-2012, 10:12 PM
OK, I'm at a wedding from Friday so I reckon either late Thursday night (c 10pm) or early Friday morning (7 am).

How's zem apples?

It’ll have to be Friday morning then. Don’t suppose you could stretch to half an hour earlier could you? 07:00 will work if needs be, but it is a bit late for me for a morning game really.

HughTower
22-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Hey, I am at a wedding this weekend too, is yours in Embra?

Are you Sheryl?

@Zoro - ridico'clock it is. See you then treasure.

grinn
23-05-2012, 12:06 AM
The Gears played Laneford's Three Feet High this evening. The High Elves chose to receive. They ran two catchers and a lineman down the middle deep into the Gears' half. The greenskins quickly surrounded them while giving the remaining elves in the centre a bit of a Morking. An unlucky double skulls (re-roll had been used already in the turn) caused a turn-over for the elves early on in their second turn. Luckily the elven thrower was far enough back out of greenblitz range. the attacking elves got a good bashing, however, and in the subsequent turn none of the five attackers in the Gears' half remain standing, one is out with a groin strain and another is knocked out. Exposed and pinned, the elves make a gutsy play. A blitzer (I think) that is down on the sidelines guarded by two orcs dodges between their tackling arms and goes for it into the endzone. The thrower sprints for all he's worth up the pitch and sends a pass from mid-pitch up to the blitzer.

Three feet high lead 1-0 on their turn 4.

The Gears coach, El Mahmug, high on mystic fungi and annoyed by his out of service jacuzzi screams at the boyz to rip the pansy elves apart... The Gears set up a heavy line of scrimmage and begin the bashing. The elves go down like broken daffodils, but on their 7th turn they manage to get a blitz on Zeppi Il-Hafi, the ball carrying thrower whose cage left him in a POMBing lust for elven blood. The blitz is ineffectual, however, and by now the elves are suffering from another groin strained player, another badly hurt lineman and a couple of knocked out players. The orcs sweep the defending players aside easily and run the ball in without too much fuss.

1-1

The second half is pure carnage. By turn 13 there are only 3 elves left: 2 guarded by frenzied orcs and the thrower hugging the endzone and keeping clear of the oncoming green tide. The orcs dispatch the remaining 2 elves and stroll up the field. They consider a game of lob the elf with the thrower but instead decide to rip out their newly choreographed dance for the crowd, while Dead Orc Walking, the youngest Black Orc on the team, picks the ball and struts it into the endzone.

2-1 to the Gears.

Apologies to Laneford for what must have been an insanely frustrating second half.

Vexing Vision
23-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Okay, while I was trying to rejoin the Open next season with a dwarf team, I find myself completely unable to level up an appropriate team of such caliber.

After 6 matches (some of them even wins) in two weeks, my Naggaroth dwarf-team is now at TV 970. And it's bloody impossible to get any matches going currently....

Guess I'll be sitting that next season out too. Maybe in Autumn....

President Weasel
23-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Play in the Forum Open League instead? Or the RPS Challenge League.
Or join with a TV1050 team, and abuse the hell out of incentives.

mrpier
23-05-2012, 10:49 AM
A fresh dwarf team would struggle against most high tv teams, no guard and no mighty blow means they will have a problem with dominating the blocking game which is crucial for dwarfs. Incentives aren't that useful either, wizards are good but dwarfs are generally too slow/not agile enough to take real advantage of one. They don't really need extra apoths, rerolls are useful but not terribly so, being able to take morg and maybe a bribe or two in many games should help out some, but not enough to offset the lack of guard/mb IMHO. It would be a nice challenge though. :-)

Zoraster
23-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Mrpier’s post sums up the average BB coaches issue with inducements in a nutshell. Correctly identifies the general weakness but then totally ignores it by discussing every inducement under the sun apart from the obvious. Skilled mercenaries may as well not exist the way the overwhelming majority of coaches totally ignore them but that 80k premium is worth paying in the right circumstances. Two or three linos with Guard makes all the difference, and at 150k a pop it isn’t hard to achieve. The death roller is also a useful avenue for inducement cash, while Grim and Zara are always useful additions against appropriate opponents.

Dwarf teams share with Norse the huge advantage of having Block on their loners making them very useful players in their own right. That makes a big difference to the value of mercs as you can get a second useful skill on them.

mrpier
23-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Ah, yes this is true, I must admit I have never taken a mercenary and skilled him up nor considered it for long. I'm not entirely convinced it is worth it for dwarves since they are somewhat slow to skill up and another player or two to steal the mvp or cause injuries might not be ideal and it's more loner to worry about too. Still it is an useful option and I do forget it's there most of the time.

Vexing Vision
23-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I like inducements. My Amazons are consistently the lowest TV team in the Divisions I'm playing in, and I get an average of 200k inducements. Which work fine for me, as I'm STILL in the Divisions I'm playing in (even though barely scraping by).

For Dwarfs, I'd certainly take a skilled up Mercenary or two.

Anyway, I dislike FOL, there's noone around in the challenge leagues whenever I have a few minutes spare time to play, and I'll see if my luck in Nagg turns or not. :)

Screwie
23-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Well we do seem to be having a pick up in activity in the Challenge League lately (which is AWESOME).

2lab
23-05-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm interested in signing up for next season with a skaven team.
The Cheese Marines are currently at 1600TV but that could drop very fast as I have some absurd gutterrunners.

I stuck myself on the spreadsheet. If I get the team killed before the start there are some other teams I could use.

Jolima
23-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Hey jolima how strict is the 1700tv limit for new teams? My lizards are at 1750 and id rather not sack a skink

Eh, I'll increase it...

Vexing Vision
23-05-2012, 08:29 PM
For the record, my Dwarf Team has managed to get two matches in Nagg.

We are now at a TV of 920 and with a -1 MV Blocker who I can't afford to replace.

I'm officially giving up on Dwarfs.

LowKey
23-05-2012, 08:39 PM
<3 thanks babes

Screwie
24-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Snoozer and I had our match last night. It was surprisingly close.

Mommy's Boys (Khemri, Indefatigible Snoozer) vs Stikky Fingerz (Goblins, me)

On my first turn: My bomber kills a tomb guardian. My looney kills a tomb guardian. (Only one regen). Good turn!

Thanks to that the first half was a lot closer than it should have been. I caged up for the first few turns while my bashing luck was good and tried to coax in the undead before making a break for it with my ball-carrying pogo. Unfortunately he was caught and knocked down by Znoozer's defense a few squares from the end zone and, despite some lucky blocks from supporting goblins, he failed to retrieve the ball before the end of the first half.

The second half started, and that's when my 2 bribes and 2 babes came good - both the looney and bomber came back, as did every single KO'd goblin! The numbers game looked pretty good in may favour now.

Snoozer tied up my line while pushing down the flank, but his 3-man cage around his AG 3 ball-carrier was destroyed by the bomb that knocked down (or worse) all four undead! Alas my follow-up was cut short by terrible dice and soon Snoozer's skeletons were pushing forward again. My bomber KO'd himself and my trolls had an atrocious game for throwing, so I lost my numbers advantage in trying to stall the advance. Snoozer shambled over the line on turn 16, leaving me 1 turn to try a TTM and equalise.

Or so I thought, as Snoozer rolled a blitz! Fortunately most of his team were deep in his own half, but he made sure to try and make my LoS as difficult as possible. Nevertheless with some good goblin blitzing and a lot of luck (I had to spend my final TRR on a troll's Really Stupid roll, otherwise it was game over right away), the aerogoblin had the ball and the TTM was set up. Sadly my troll fluffed the throw, and that was that.

Mommy's Boys 1 - 0 Stikky Fingerz

Casuality wise, Snoozer took away 1 MNG guardian and 1 dead guardian (who had a load of SPPs, sorry about that), while I ended up getting away with only a LOT of badly hurts... most of them self-inflicted :)

I don't often have a close match against a bashy team, and this was really good. I feel that Snoozer's enjoyment of the game may have been tainted by the very first turn, but he was a gracious and solid opponent.

Indefatigible Snoozer
24-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Thank you for the kind words. As I said, at least the dead TG wasn't one of the ones with block. And my LVL 6 AG 3 skele ended up getting 10 SPP for an MVP, CAS and TD - only 82 SPP to go to lvl 7! Will he be my first Lvl 7 ever? As my primary ball carrier with AV 7 and an existing MNG? I am optimistic.

Anyway, I was surprised that I won, actually, after that terrible start, AND after those 4 KO'd goblins all waking up for the second half. But somehow, the casualties built up (many of them, as you say, self-inflicted) and only the trolls and one stunned goblin remained when I scored. The turning point was obviously the successful blitz against your pogoer in turn 6 - took two GFIs, but I was able to keep it out of your hands after that.

Thanks for the game! Was my first Khemri vs Goblin match, and it was most enjoyable. This is what I joined the Open for - unusual match ups that no one in their right mind would ever agree to voluntarily.

Screwie
24-05-2012, 11:41 AM
You have an interesting Khemri team there - I don't have much experience with them at all, but I was very surprised to see how much you've turned skeletons into your workhorses, occupying some key positions and often out-blitzing your blitzers.

Cheers for the game.

EDIT: I just remembered I have to face the Horny Goats next :(

NieA7
24-05-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't often have a close match against a bashy team, and this was really good.

I'm probably doing it wrong given my track record so far (0 points! Count them! Oh wait, you can't, because it's 0!) but in many ways I find bashy teams easier to handle with Gobbos than agile/fast teams. Chances are if a gobbo gets punched it's going to get hurt, doesn't matter if it's a pansy elf or a black orc. On the other hand, with stunty and throw team mate you can move around in unexpected ways - hard for a slow team to counter but seemingly not a problem for anything with MV7 or greater.

President Weasel
24-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Many bashy teams are set up to kill elves and amazons and human catchers; multiple players with tackle and mighty blow are going to hurt goblins.

NieA7
24-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Yes and no: block is just as dangerous as tackle and strength 3 is just as nasty as strength 4 one on one. Mighty Blow and Piling on just hurry up the inevitable.

Screwie
24-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Tackle's worse, generally, as your opponent doesn't even need to throw blocks to knock you over at that point. Dodging is one of the few things stunties can do better than anyone and Tackle kills it both actively and passively. Block is more survivable, but few bashy teams ignore taking Tackle as well (Chaos for example, often neglects Tackle).

On top of that, it's extremely rare to see a player with Tackle who doesn't also have Block.

Mighty Blow is, of course, death. And another skill that you will rarely see on an experienced side without Block backing it up.

Like most skills, its not just what these bashy skills can do but how common you will find them that makes them effective. If you're facing a team with 4+ blacklers you'll probably lose goblins every turn.

NieA7
24-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Well, in the games I've played so far the faster the other team is the more I've lost by, both in TDs and in general play. Tackle's nasty as is MB obviously, but it's speed that kills me.

Screwie
24-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Diving Tackle and Jump Up I find are so handy against speedy teams. And Side Step. Basically with a few 'nuisance' goblins you suddenly have a defense worth talking about. Also I rely on TTM to increase my goblins' movement range in a pinch.

What annoys me most about speedy teams is the amount of Dodge they have, and the general high AG. That makes the fanatic and bomber somewhat less optimal (although the bomber is still great for fouling).

Not going to lie though, I lose to agility teams a lot too :P

President Weasel
24-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Killer chaos are less effective vs goblins than they are against teams with actual armour - players built to reduce their opponents to 7 armour have effectively wasted a skill when their opponents start with terrible armour in the first place. Other bashy teams will have various combinations of block/tackle/guard/mighty blow, and speaking for myself I'll always try to build a couple of "amazon killers" for killing gutter runners and the like.
Str 4 is much better than Str3 when you're fighting Str2, you're one guard player away from easy 3 dicers against players whose main defence is "please don't turn up pow or block, please don't turn up pow or block!".

On the other hand, bashy teams are easily distracted into trying to maim as many goblins as possible, and you might be able to outscore them while they slaughter your mans.

Everblue
26-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I noticed a shocking absence of Dwarf in your league and so have started building up a fresh team of them for next season. I'm trying to do it via the "Auld World League" or whatever it's called. Is that the best place to do so?

I'm a bit worried about "killer" teams with low TV, so I'm going to try to keep my TV as low as possible to start with and hoard up a bit of cash, which I then spend right before the start of the league. The problem with this is that the team will probably be really unbalanced - half a team with skills and the rest rookies. Is there a better way to level a team?

Jiiiiim
26-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Make sure you sign up to the spreadsheet if you intend to play next season, but you've got two months so...

I've heard that Naggaroth is the one to use if you want reasonable random matchmaking and that Auld is just a hive of scum and disconnecters but I have never used them enough to find out. Challenge league is your other option for building up a team, and will likely be more sociable, and will enable you to develop some previous with the teams in there that are also aiming for the next RPS open.

Everblue
26-05-2012, 11:18 PM
I saw this on the first post - "Any suggestion for changes to the league are welcome and may be implemented between seasons."

How about a season-ending playoff between the top four teams? So third and fourth could play each other, the winner of that game plays the second placed team, and the winner of that game plays the team that came first in the table for the overall league.

Might keep things a bit interesting where one team runs away with the league.

Jolima
26-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Everblue, welcome to the league. The problem with playoffs is that it eats up "match-rounds" when only a few players gets to play. Granted, it can go very quick when there's only two matches to be played but I don't think we can count on that. It's also surprisingly rare for any team to really run away with the league, looking back at the historical results, only drawlien has managed to win by more than 3 points. Still, if more people want it, we may be able to make it work.

---

The league has just been moved on and the new match-ups are marked up in the spreadsheet. (They should be right this time at least.)

I changed the wording of the "soft" deadline message this time since it felt silly to name a deadline and then immediately go on to say by how far it may be broken. (Every other round has its buffer time at the end while the other half have it at the beginning, so they're eating into each other.)

Jiiiiim
27-05-2012, 12:02 AM
oh god, Gears of Mork

oh god.

Screwie
27-05-2012, 01:38 AM
Horny Goats. :(

Skull-
27-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Hello, I is ther anyone willing to play a game with me? I would create a topic calling people for a game, but since I can't maybe this is an apropriate topic. I never played online, but I'm willing to give a shot against someone. If you want to try, please send me a PM so we can play a friendly.

Prester John
27-05-2012, 08:24 AM
NieA7 and the Underfoot Crawlers... can we play this Tuesday evening? I am away from Thursday so need to play before then

laneford
27-05-2012, 09:54 AM
oh god, Gears of Mork

oh god.

I hopefully sated their hunger with my elves' blood and bone.

NieA7
27-05-2012, 02:08 PM
That should be fine Prester, see you then.

potatoedoughnut
28-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Hello, I is ther anyone willing to play a game with me? I would create a topic calling people for a game, but since I can't maybe this is an apropriate topic. I never played online, but I'm willing to give a shot against someone. If you want to try, please send me a PM so we can play a friendly.

Hi Skull - for one off games I'd try the Challenge League (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?147-RPS-Blood-Bowl-Challenge-League)

grinn
28-05-2012, 07:46 PM
I hopefully sated their hunger with my elves' blood and bone.

Nice appetizer, those posh elves... but not very... substantial.

Mmmmmm, Mathematicmans... mmmm...

Janek
28-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Right then MrPier hello I'm working lates this week so, uh, probably some time over the weekend is best.

mrpier
28-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Janek - OK, we'll see what we can do. I might be away this weekend, although it's not 100% yet.

grinn
28-05-2012, 09:56 PM
When do you want to play Jim? Tonight or sunday works best...

Jiiiiim
28-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Sunday I think. This week is too busy theoretically.

grinn
28-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Sunday I think. This week is too busy theoretically.

Yep same here, if you can't make now we ll gun for sunday during the day.

drawlien
29-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Hi Jolima, looks like we're down to play this round. I could do Wednesday evening around 8pm BST or Monday or next Tuesday anytime. If none of those are suitable let me know when suits you best.

ChainsawHands
29-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Horny Goats. :(Sunday afternoon?

Screwie
29-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Sunday afternoon?

Sure, I should be around then.

ChainsawHands
29-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Good stuff, shall we say... 2pm?

Zoraster
29-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Groovy give me a prod when you are back in circulation. I've got my divisions game on Sunday morning but the week after that is totally clear at the moment.

HughTower
29-05-2012, 02:36 PM
LowKey.

When do you want to get ratted?

VV and my DoD game has first dibs, but, in the coming days, I can play Thurs 31 around 9pm, and as yet undetermined times on Saturday, Monday and Tuesday.

Hugh out.

LowKey
29-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Hmm I dont think I will have an opportunity to play until next week, can you do Wednesday the 7th?

President Weasel
29-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Storm Boyz beat Duff's Skinkinators by one touchdown to nil, mostly due to failed rolls on Duff's part.
Double-double-skulls, when he had an excellent chance to work a turnover. Failed catch roll, when he could have got a skink within scoring range and me with only one chance to dodge away from a marker and blitz him down (With no tackle) to stop him scoring, and lots and lots of failed armour rolls. My gang foul on his Krox broke armour but only stunned him, but when he got back up again the big, glass-jawed bugger took a single punch and went off badly hurt. His other players seemed to think he was a role model or something, and a procession of lizards trooped off after him - I am pretty sure he took two injuries and a KO in just the double-double-skulls turn.
The game ended with me stalled on the line, two sauruses free but way downfield from the action, two on the ground and covered, and, after the last skink got fouled off the pitch, no players with any chance of getting the ball back. I ran in the sole touchdown with the last move of the game.

Jolima
29-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi Jolima, looks like we're down to play this round. I could do Wednesday evening around 8pm BST or Monday or next Tuesday anytime. If none of those are suitable let me know when suits you best.

Wednesday sounds good. See you tomorrow.

Screwie
30-05-2012, 09:21 AM

Sounds good to me.

drawlien
30-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Jolima sorry for the shortish notice but I might not be able to make tonight after all. If I'm not on Steam by 8.30 then I won't be able to play. If you'd rather not wait to see if I turn up then feel free to suggest another day.

HughTower
30-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Hmm I dont think I will have an opportunity to play until next week, can you do Wednesday the 7th?

Nope, I'm away from Wednesday till the following Sunday.

No late nights or early mornings on Mon & Tuesday available? Or maybe late-ish tonight (10pm)?

LowKey
30-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Hmmm i should be able to do tuesday evening, not till around 9 though?

Jolima
30-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Jolima sorry for the shortish notice but I might not be able to make tonight after all. If I'm not on Steam by 8.30 then I won't be able to play. If you'd rather not wait to see if I turn up then feel free to suggest another day.

Same time on Tuesday then perhaps?

drawlien
30-05-2012, 09:54 PM
That should be O.K., see you then!

HughTower
30-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Hmmm i should be able to do tuesday evening, not till around 9 though?

Sounds good. See you then.

Jiiiiim
03-06-2012, 10:08 AM
you awake grinn >_>

Jiiiiim
03-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Ultimate Maths Squad (Jim, humans) vs Gears of Mork (grinn, orcs)

link link link ---> http://www.mediafire.com/?z84jcogr1zur3r6 <--- link link link

I see the gears of mork and want them to turn back
But then those tricksy orcs roll blitz, here comes the flak

I see the greens close by dressed in their belts of skulls
I have to ride my luck and start the black orc culls

I see a line of orcs but they're all over there
While Ga-uss and the ball have movement points to score

I see orcs drop their heads and mutter about a fix
Mathematicians start to cheer as they get their own blitz

The gears find themself inside a shrinking cage
Their paper armour forces them to make a play

And then they drop the ball, pythgoras makes the pass
Dirichlet faces up to score with some pizazz

By now I'm low on doctors, things are turning bad
Bernoulli's dead, his brother's headstomped, orcs are mad

I can't fall back enough from that trundlin' scrum
We get knocked up and down and they make it 2-1

I see a window but on my fingers it's snapped
They're closing in, to try again for human mash

I see that Gauss go by he's stretchered off the pitch
If I had a pound for every cas, I would be rich

Brothers! Let Bernoulli's death not be in vain! He made great strides in fluid mechanics!

So let's go punch out their fluids! He pioneered statistical techniques! So let's risk it

all! He had a really bad wig! So let's...let's not honour that one! FORWARDS!

I see Euclid, pain an orc
black orc down, run it round

Go on Srini, go for it, please don't die
I wanna see a touchdown, yes! now, hide out, at the back
Yeah!

Full-time: Jim 3-1 Orcs

I won the key moments, and lost the casualty battle eventually. Three players out, one dead and two with stat decreases, representing about 120 skillpoints of players. Next match is going to be tough. But now: we celebrate.

grinn said he might do a proper report at some point.

grinn
03-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Jim, you bring sweetness to bitter defeat.

mrpier
03-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Janek - Think you'll have time to play this week?

Janek
03-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Yep, I'm off on Tuesday, and every other day I'll be free after 5-6pm UK time.

grinn
03-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Gears of Mork vs Ultimate Maths Squad

The Mathematicians opt to receive the ball. Both teams set up and Imangul Mifsud, the orc kicker, plants the ball the ball accurately in the left wide zone, a few yards off the centre line. The ref whistles and the fungus-fuelled Gears start off with a blitz.

Hungry for a win to distance themselves from the now slightly tailing Strenous Garfighters, the Gears throw their weight in on the ball, sending Mintoff, Fred-Ugh Sant and Imangul under the ball. Mintoff fails to catch Imangul’s kick (Imangul is so fungused-up fast he managed to kick the ball and run right next to where it landed in seconds) the ball and it lands next to three orcs.

The Mathematicians manage to secure the ball but are wide open to being both blocked and blitzed. They also manage to stun two Black Orcs and KO the star BO, Bima. The human catcher, Jacob Bernoulli holds on to the ball as he gets punched about by orcs, to no avail. His team mates quickly knock down the surrounding orcs, and Bernouli jogs to the right flank and hands the ball to Gauss. Gauss and Bernoulli bring down the killer Gonzi, the only defender left in the Gears’ backfield. The orcs KO Jacobi and Hardy, but are hard pressed for a blitz on Gauss, who is a mere 4 squares from the endzone. The agile Agat-Argh Barbara, dodges away from the mid-line and attempts a blitz, but fails the last dodge to reach Gauss. Gonzi curses the Kowc for not trusting his agility crippled self with the blitz.

The Mathematicians KO Sant, the piling blitzer and score.

1-0 to the Mathematicians.

The boosted human babes shake their stuff bringing both Jacobi and Hardy back. The orc babes are vomiting Bloodweiser in the changing rooms. Both Bima and Sant are out. The Gears start the drive an orc down.

The Mathematicians, charged by their early touch-down, blitz into the Gears’ half with the catcher Bernoulli within ball recovery and TD distance. The Gears have front-loaded their deployment and the only one who can reach the ball is the thrower Zeppi Il-Hafi. The ball is, however, in the far left corner of the pitch, just by the endzone. Zeppi sprints to the ball and launches a strong-armed, accurate pass to the agile Barbara. Barbara catches the ball easily and is protected by the remaining orcs. The blodging Kazz Ahmar attempts an easy dodge away from Euclid and falls flat on his face, smashing his nose and badly hurting himself. The Gears are now two orcs down.

The Gears are surrounded by Mathematicians for a few turns. They fight them off and badly hurt Newton, who is saved by the apothecary. The assistant is called in on the next turn when an aggressive charge by the murderous Gonzi concusses him. The assistant apothecary’s skills prove ineffectual and Bernoulli is out of the game (and a softer target for games to come). Gauss also gets knocked out in the same turn.

The Mathematicians, incensed by the violence from the orcs respond by badly hurting the Black Orc Zibel.
The orcs are still at mid pitch by turn 6. The Kowc screams for them to make a play. The thrower Zeppi Il-Hafi knocks over Pythagoras, opening the way for Imangul Mifsud to jog up towards the endzone. The rest of the orcs are tied down, however and the ball-carrier, Barbara, is wide open. The mathematicians attempt to capitalize on this but Euler’s blitz is ineffective, even after a re-roll. Euclid makes up for it by KOing another Black Orc. With six orcs on the field and the ballcarrier surrounded, things look grim for the Gears.

Mintoff gets up from the ground, charges at Hardy and opens up a path for Barbara to dodge out and pass to the waiting Imangul Mifsud, 7 yards from the endzone. The pass is accurate but Imangul fumbles the catch. The Mathematicians recover the ball with Pythagoras, who sends a perfect pass to Dirichelt, scoring the second touch down.

2-0 for the Mathematicians.

The Gears babes are replaced by a squad of goblin rat-on-a-stick salesmen who manage to bring the Black Orcs back with a titillating belly dance. The orcs set up for the bash but are ineffective. The second half sees both teams set up with full squads.

The Gears receive and immediately go on the offensive with Gonzi adding another trophy to his loincloth in the shape of Daniel Bernoulli’s right hand.

R.I.P. Daniel Bernoulli.

The Mathematicians attempt to muster a defence but the Gears right flank rush catches them flat footed and the score is soon 2-1 with a touch down by the thrower Zeppi Il-Hafi.

There are still five turns left and the Gears hope for a chance to snag the ball and equalize. The Mathematicians bring down the line and Pythagoras has the ball at mid-pitch, surrounded by thinkers.

The Gears make contact with the screen in the hope of seeing a few Mathematicians trip out of their tackle zones and making a run for the ball. Bima stands firm against a block assisted by the ball carriers and responds by slamming him into the ground. The ball scatters to Ramanujan, however. Guass wishes he hadn’t called for the Apothecary on the earlier badly hurt as he suffers a fractured skull from Dead Orc Walking.

Nuffle smiles on the Mathematicians again, however, as Mintoff fails a re-rolled go for it on Ramanujan and Euler badly hurts the star Bima, this time out for the rest of the match. That combination of Nuffle eye-batting allows Ramanujan to sprint to a safe distance. Barbara and Zeppi try to blitz the run-away lineman, but Zeppi fails a dodge to get to him.

3-0 for the Maths Squad

The Mathematicians leave Jacobi and two rookies on the LOS and hide at the end of the pitch. The Gears, hungry for retribution badly hurt Jacobi but fail to do further damage in the remaining turns.

Well played Jim. I was over-eager to capitalize on the Blitz and loaded that left flank a bit too heavily on the first turn. The attrocious armour rolls, especially on the Black Orcs really hurt my game. There were also a number of key moments where Nuffle's flirtations got you out of thorny situations to seal the Gears' fate.

I guess it had to happen at some point! Congrats on handing me the first loss of the season!

It's going to be a hard road to the title after this...

Screwie
03-06-2012, 08:38 PM

Oh shoot. I posted in the stunty league thread (admittedly after 2pm anyway) but forgot to post here too... I've been wicked ill all day and not up for gaming. Sincerest apologies CH for wasting your time.

Zoraster
04-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Anyone know when Groovy gets back? I had it in my head it was last friday for some reason, but obviously not.

ChainsawHands
04-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Anyone know when Groovy gets back? I had it in my head it was last friday for some reason, but obviously not.He's online and in Blood Bowl at the moment.

ChainsawHands
04-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Oh shoot. I posted in the stunty league thread (admittedly after 2pm anyway) but forgot to post here too... I've been wicked ill all day and not up for gaming. Sincerest apologies CH for wasting your time.No problem. I should be able to do Wednesday or Thursday night if you've recovered by then?

HughTower
05-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Sounds good. See you then.

Mr Low Key - can we start a little later tonight? 9.30 or even 10pm would work best...

groovychainsaw
05-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Hi Zor, I'm around today, but not sure how free I'm going to be... you're not on steam usually, are you? How about I ping you a PM when I'm free - it hsould at least pop up in your email...? I'm happy to forfeit if not, this team is dead to me now ;-)

LowKey
05-06-2012, 07:41 PM
I wad actually about to ask if we could! Later the better, ten is grand and can do later if you like

HughTower
05-06-2012, 09:29 PM
I wad actually about to ask if we could! Later the better, ten is grand and can do later if you like

Super. See you at 10 then, old bean.

LowKey
05-06-2012, 11:45 PM
It's Catchings! First ever open victory was achieved today over the corpses of pretty much the entire Vivisectionists team, I may attempt a match report if I can get the blood out

drawlien
06-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Jolima and I played last night. The first half the dice were against both of us until the final turn. My catcher had failed a gfi to score and Jolima's elves were able to send the ball the length of the pitch to make it 1-0.

In the second half I wasn't really able to slow the elfiness down very much and it was 2-0 by turn 11. I then received and Cyanide happened. I'd got Zara as an inducement (weirdly since the last patch she falls over rather then stabbing people) and tried a block with her just when there was a network sync error. This screwed the game up and I decided to leave the score as it was rather than putting myself through the agony of playing those elves again.

Thanks for the game Jolima, well played.

Screwie
06-06-2012, 09:15 AM
No problem. I should be able to do Wednesday or Thursday night if you've recovered by then?

I can't make it tonight, but Thursday should be fine.

LowKey
06-06-2012, 09:46 AM
I think I once remember someone saying everyone can validate games in the open but if so I am stupid and cant see how, if someone gets the chance to validate mine and Hugh's game that would be great! [Edit: done, thanks Jiiiim!]

So this is how you win games with Nurgle teams! A two - one victory for It's Catching! entirely based on an insane number of armour breaks, I wish I got a screenshot but I think it was 6 injuries ranging from badly hurt to gouged eyes, two almost permanent KO's and two deaths (I think it was both of Hugh's 6AV rats though?) left only two skaven on the pitch by the end of the game and meant I managed to slowly walk two TD's in. Billy Big Balls proved his worth however, badly hurting four players and almost preventing the last TD, that rat is truly a terror.

HughTower was a gent and very sporting in what must of been an extremely frustrating game, if its any consolation it was my birthday so many thanks for my first open win!

ChainsawHands
06-06-2012, 10:05 AM
I can't make it tonight, but Thursday should be fine.Would 8pm work?

Screwie
06-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Would 8pm work?

Yeah that's perfect.

Screwie
08-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Horny Goats (Chaos, Hands) vs Stikky Fingerz (Gobbos, me)

A predictable loss for the Fingerz, the Goats whittled the goblin side down very quickly allowing them to run away with the score. After the prolonged first drive I had only enough goblins to look at TTM plays and Hands made good use of his kicker to prevent that from happening.

Amazingly with all that violence, the Fingerz escaped with only one non-BH casualty - my best troll was killed... briefly, before the apothecary saved him and turned that death into a MNG. Still, I was down one troll for most of the match and that made things very difficult.

The only notable casualty on Hands' side was a journeyman beastman, whom my team captain and veteran goblin Itiz killed just to watch him die. That guy is cold, man.

Final Score: Goats 4 - 0 Fingerz

ChainsawHands
08-06-2012, 11:10 AM
My favourite part was when the chaos warrior intercepted the bombardier's bomb and threw it back to the bombardier, who fumbled it and KOd himself.

Screwie
08-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Yup, I had to burn a TRR to catch the return pass too so I was out of luck.

Pass is just so good for a bombardier. I may fire my lvl 3 bomber (Jump Up be damned) and start training his replacement (aiming for a double)... and I'll give him Catch/Diving Catch too.

Zoraster
08-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Would you take pass over hail mary? AG2 passing is so unreliable meaning pass is more about avoiding the fumble than hitting the target. In that context surely hail mary is the better option, especially as it eliminates the interception risk too.

ChainsawHands
08-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Bombardiers are AG3.

Edit: although they are stunty, which may be what you meant.

Screwie
08-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Stunty imposes a -1 on pass rolls, so AG 3 with Stunty is like AG 2 with an extra chance to fumble (most times).

Honestly I'm not sold yet on HMP. While it can't be intercepted the bomb can still be caught, so if you're throwing a scattering bomb into a large group then you're leaving a lot up to Nuffle. I tend to prefer the bomber as a precision thrower, placing the explosive between standing opponents or directly on top of prone ones.

The HMP bomber is a ballista who typically stands in your own end zone until he blows himself up, so you can end up handicapping yourself by effectively playing with 10 guys. In contrast, my current Jump Up bomber performs double duty with Diving Tackle and is never far from the scrum, so he can make Quick Pass throws (which isn't bad in spite of Stunty accuracy) or fill in as a cage guard or tackler if needed.

It seems like the HMP bomber is there to be feared and cause more carnage, while the Pass/Accurate bomber is there to win games more directly.

However I've yet to roll a double on any bomber I've used, so I can't speak from personal experience yet.

Zoraster
08-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I guess the added utility provided on Cyanide by the Jump Up bug changes the balance somewhat. From my TT experience the big advantage the HM bomber has is the freedom to use it at the start of the turn comparatively risk free. You get far more value from the bomb when you can regularly map turns out in response to it.

Screwie
08-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Absolutely agreed on your last point, the same holds true for Wizards too. You have to weigh up the chance to fumble and turnover immediately versus capitalising on the opening a good explosion will give you.

(And admittedly HMP doesn't fumble as often).

ChainsawHands
08-06-2012, 03:37 PM
While it can't be intercepted the bomb can still be caught, so if you're throwing a scattering bomb into a large group then you're leaving a lot up to Nuffle.If you're playing goblins, you're leaving a lot up to Nuffle! ;-)

Jolima
08-06-2012, 09:40 PM
I've defaulted the Zoraster/Groovy game as a 2-0 victory for Zor and moved the league on.

The next of matches are marked up in the spreadsheet and the deadline is next Saturday.

Zoraster, you're against me next. How about a Sunday game perhaps? Either around 9 am or 8 pm would be best for me.

Janek
08-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Duffin! Let's copypasta what I just wrote in the DoD thread: I can do pretty much any time this weekend or on Wednesday, during the day on Monday (before about 5pm), or after about 7pm for the rest of next week.

drawlien
08-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Lowkey it seems we are due to play each other in both the Open AND the DoD! When would you like to start this double-header? I could probably do sometime in the evening tomorrow or on Sunday.

LowKey
08-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Wonderful! Unfortunately i am not avaliable for either sat or sun evening but can do pretty much any time in the day for them, also avaliable any evening next week

Zoraster
09-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Zoraster, you're against me next. How about a Sunday game perhaps? Either around 9 am or 8 pm would be best for me.

Won't be able to do the evening but the morning slot should work. I've got an early morning airport run to make but it is a drop off rather than a pick up so the only variable to worry about is the traffic.

grinn
09-06-2012, 08:22 AM
So Chainsawman, when shall the bashfest begin? Sunday morning/afternoon is best for me.

Jiiiiim
09-06-2012, 09:45 AM
mrpier I'd prefer to play this weekend if possible. Can you? I'll probably be on steam so just yell at me on there when you get on.

Jolima
09-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Won't be able to do the evening but the morning slot should work. I've got an early morning airport run to make but it is a drop off rather than a pick up so the only variable to worry about is the traffic.

Sounds good. I'll wait in the lobby for a while after the time as well then if needed.

mrpier
09-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Jiiiiim - I'm away until tomorrow afternoon/evening so unless I get home early, then probably not.

LowKey
09-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Actually drawlien i could probably play tonight but not until around 10 if you fancy?

President Weasel
09-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Prester John: Sunday evening's out; when would you like to play?

grinn
10-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Chainsaw hands can you play tonight?

ChainsawHands
10-06-2012, 05:35 PM
No, not tonight, grinn. Monday, Wednesday or Thursday, say around 8pm?

grinn
11-06-2012, 12:09 AM
No, not tonight, grinn. Monday, Wednesday or Thursday, say around 8pm?

Can't make monday or thursday for sure. Tuesday after 21.00 would have been best. Will try for wednesday evening, but I ll need to shuffle plans first. Otherwise the coming weekend (saturday/sunday) in the morning would work.

mrpier
11-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Jiiiiiim - I'm back, should be free to play most days after 5 pm GMT this week.

Screwie
11-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Groovy and I had our match at the weekend, in which my goblins were swiftly nuffled into defeat. Between injuries, KOs and ejections I was stripped down to a handful of guys and only one troll. Most of my KO'd team never woke up until after the match - including Ripper.

At one point it was only captain Itiz and one Diving Tackle goblin defending against the necromantic drive. Later it was just Itiz by himself! He deserves all the MVPs... but in this particular match they went to my fanatic instead (Mighty Blow, finally!).

2-0 was the final score.

Cheers to groovy for being a sporting opponent and not being uber-competitive. It made my disaster of a game fun in the end. :)

ChainsawHands
11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Can't make monday or thursday for sure. Tuesday after 21.00 would have been best. Will try for wednesday evening, but I ll need to shuffle plans first. Otherwise the coming weekend (saturday/sunday) in the morning would work.Tuesdays are always out for me. I can start pretty much any time from 1930 to 2200 on Wednesday, or I can probably do Saturday morning as long as it's not too early.

HughTower
11-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Lane. Ford.

You around tonight after work for a bloody bowl? Reckon I can get on around 9-ish...

grinn
11-06-2012, 03:46 PM
In that case can we do Saturday? If i manage to shuffle Wed I ll beep you.

Thanks!

Tuesdays are always out for me. I can start pretty much any time from 1930 to 2200 on Wednesday, or I can probably do Saturday morning as long as it's not too early.

laneford
11-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Lane. Ford.

You around tonight after work for a bloody bowl? Reckon I can get on around 9-ish...

Can you do half nine?

Prester John
11-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Prester John: Sunday evening's out; when would you like to play?

any evening this week except friday, after 7pm. Say Tuesday ?

HughTower
12-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Can you do half nine?

Hmm, I'm sure I checked the thread for your response and didn't see one. That would have been perfect.

Oh well, can you do tonight? I'm a bit screwed if the answer's no btw...

mrpier
12-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Me and Jiiiiiiiim had a match yesterday, his human prodigies of science vs my noble high elves.

Jiiiiiim elected to receive in the first half, and did a text-book drive down the left side of the pitch, I tried to do an equally text book defense which worked well enough for seven turns, but three injuries/KO's and players pinned too far from the action let Jiiiiim walk in the touchdown on his turn 8.

(Some faffing about thinking it was the second half)

I try to set up strong on my right (why always the right side?) and score a fast touchdown, a failed gfi for my ballcarrier uses up my reroll and I decide to not let him go any further, after I hit the end turn button I see I have left him wide open for a one dice blitz. Jiiiiim promptly knocks him down the ball goes over the sideline and falls down in the middle of the pitch. Jiiiiiiim secures it in a somewhat secure cage. I manage to blitz the ballcarrier, ball scatters favourably and it is clear for my thrower to pick up, I send one of my catchers as deep as I can, all I need is a pickup, a 5+ pass with chance of intercept and a catch, it works! Jiiiiiiim has a chance to blitz my ballcarrier but only gets push-push rerolled to push-push, next turn I dodge away and walk the ball in, 1-1.

I kick off to the humans, and Jiiiiiims sure hands thrower fails the pick up, I run two of my catchers up there and manage to pick up the ball, at the same time trying to mark as many of jiiiiiiims players as I can. It seems to work well, I force a turnover by letting one of my wrestle catchers not use wrestle on a both down, he goes down hard, -MV, apoth says -ST, I take the -MV, as an exchange for a little bit of security for my ballcarrier, it was not worth it. I run in the TD on the next turn, 2-1 to Insufferable.

The mathematicians now have two turns to get a tie, it's very doable for humans, and I'm down four elves due to injuries. I do manage to be annoying though, and mark up/knock down what I think are the most likely receivers. Another unlikely pass from the LOS to the end zone seals the deal though. 2-2 and match over.

Thanks for the game Jiiiiiiiiim!

President Weasel
12-06-2012, 09:12 AM
any evening this week except friday, after 7pm. Say Tuesday ?

that's today then? OK, let's say 8pm.

duff
12-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Duffin! Let's copypasta what I just wrote in the DoD thread: I can do pretty much any time this weekend or on Wednesday, during the day on Monday (before about 5pm), or after about 7pm for the rest of next week.

Hey Janek, could we do daytime Wednesday? Say start at between 12 and 2?

Indefatigible Snoozer
12-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Nie - just realised Wednesday won't work for our game. Can we do Thursday or Friday at 8:30pm BST (Friday better for me)?

NieA7
12-06-2012, 06:14 PM
No problem Snoozer. I've got my Div game on Thursday but Friday night should be fine.

Janek
12-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Hey Janek, could we do daytime Wednesday? Say start at between 12 and 2?

Sounds good, I'll make sure I'm online on Steam for that timeslot and you can just poke me whenever.

President Weasel
12-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Storm Boyz (Pres Weasel) 2 - 1 Red Rose of Love (Prester John)

Picture the scene.
Elf passes to elf, who is marked by a black orc.
Black orc (ag2) plucks the ball right out of the air.
Prester John uses his wizard.
Black orc shrugs off a lightning bolt like it ain't no thing.
Elf attempts single dice block on black orc.
Elf rolls skull.
Black orc puts elf in hospital.

That was meant to be Prester's equalising touchdown. I ended up going 2-0 up instead. He scored a ridiculous elfy touchdown in the last couple of turns to take it to 2-1, and then it was the end of the game.

Azlop spent the whole game jumping on elves and achieved bugger all. A couple of stuns, no injuries, not even a KO. It was shameful. Bad Azlop, bad.
On the other hand, if I remember right he scored a touchdown.

Prester John
12-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Storm Boyz (Pres Weasel) 2 - 0 Red Rose of Love (Prester John)

Picture the scene.
Elf passes to elf, who is marked by a black orc.
Black orc (ag2) plucks the ball right out of the air.
Prester John uses his wizard.
Black orc shrugs off a lightning bolt like it ain't no thing.
Elf attempts single dice block on black orc.
Elf rolls skull.
Black orc puts elf in hospital.

That was meant to be Prester's equalising touchdown. I ended up going 2-0 up instead. He scored a ridiculous elfy touchdown in the last couple of turns to take it to 2-1, and then it was the end of the game.

Azlop spent the whole game jumping on elves and achieved bugger all. A couple of stuns, no injuries, not even a KO. It was shameful. Bad Azlop, bad.
On the other hand, if I remember right he scored a touchdown.

2-1 sir 2-1

Azlop loves Woodies. fact.

President Weasel
12-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Fixed. I did get the right score in the text at least.

Squiz
13-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Storm Boyz (Pres Weasel) 2 - 1 Red Rose of Love (Prester John) Black orc (ag2) plucks the ball right out of the air. Nicely done, but I think that ag doesn't influence the chance for intercepting a ball.

President Weasel
13-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Nicely done, but I think that ag doesn't influence the chance for intercepting a ball.

You do get -2 for attempting an interception, and he would have had another -1 for having the elf he was marking in base contact, but agility does make a difference. He'd have had to have had really high agility and/or special skills or mutations in that situation to have a 5 or 6 chance, but I'm still more impressed that an Ag2 player managed it.

mrpier
13-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Yes it does, intercept is an AG roll with -2 modifier, so AG2 need a 6 to intercept, so do AG3 and AG4 can intercept on a 5+

edit: Well, damn.

Squiz
13-06-2012, 09:43 AM
Yes it does, intercept is an AG roll with -2 modifier, so AG2 need a 6 to intercept, so do AG3 and AG4 can intercept on a 5+

edit: Well, damn.Huh, so that is something learned. I thought I had heard differing explanations on a podcast a while ago. So I must have gotten something wrong. Intercepts happen so rarely that I guess I didn't ever care to take a second look at the rules. Sorry about that.

Everblue
13-06-2012, 09:55 AM
That's interesting - is there a skill to get a reroll on intercepts - catch maybe? I presume you can't use team rerolls in your opponent's turn, but what about pro?

An agility 4 with catch would then have a 55% chance of intercepting, and with pass block you could shut down a passing game quite effectively I would have thought.

mrpier
13-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Catch works, Extra arms gives +1 and I think Very long legs also gives +1 to intercept in addition to canceling safe throw, so let's say Beastman with very long legs, extra arms and AG 5 would intercept on a 2+ unless I'm mistaken. :-)

Squiz
13-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Catch works, Extra arms gives +1 and I think Very long legs also gives +1 to intercept in addition to canceling safe throw, so let's say Beastman with very long legs, extra arms and AG 5 would intercept on a 2+ unless I'm mistaken. :-)If you only want to make your enemy fail the throw or catch, "Disturbing Presence" is your friend (also works when lying down). Doesn't add anything to the intercept roll, but shuts down passing play nicely, especially with multiple "presences" overlapping. Nurgle can cover the whole width of the pitch this way with 5 players (3x5 fields).

Screwie
13-06-2012, 10:24 AM
If you ever get an AG 5 player with Catch, give them Pass Block. You'll see it a lot more often then. :)

Alternatively, play against me with goblins. I've never seen so many interceptions as when I throw a bomb. :(

Janek
13-06-2012, 12:11 PM
If you only want to make your enemy fail the throw or catch, "Disturbing Presence" is your friend (also works when lying down). Doesn't add anything to the intercept roll, but shuts down passing play nicely, especially with multiple "presences" overlapping. Nurgle can cover the whole width of the pitch this way with 5 players (3x5 fields).

All disturbing presence does is make it especially infuriating when the opponent forgets about it then rolls a bunch of sixes anyway ¬_¬

HughTower
13-06-2012, 01:47 PM
All disturbing presence does is make it especially infuriating when the opponent forgets about it then rolls a bunch of sixes anyway ¬_¬

I loathe Disturbing Presence. Combine that with the flypaper that is the Beast and I really struggle against Nurgle. Playing against Laneford's bacteria is the bane of my meagre existence.

Screwie
13-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Disturbing Presence is probably my least favourite skill too. Cyanide's utter lie of a graphical aura around DP players doesn't exactly help either.

President Weasel
13-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Disturbing Presence is probably my least favourite skill too. Cyanide's utter lie of a graphical aura around DP players doesn't exactly help either.

Yeah, that graphic is all kinds of bullshit. The real aura's an entire square bigger.

Zoraster
14-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Jol; continent one is out the way but continent two will run into the weekend. I have a small window of opportunity to replay the game at say 16:00 BST on Saturday, assuming no significant issues on the journey home.

If you need to start earlier it may be possible, but we will be vulnerable to bog standard flight delays and traffic issues. Touch wood 16:00 should only be at risk of cancellation or mechanical failure.

grinn
14-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Hey Chainsawhands, so we're settled for Saturday late morning right? How about 10am Uk time, 11am Copenhagen time?

ChainsawHands
14-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah, should be OK.

laneford
14-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Hmm, I'm sure I checked the thread for your response and didn't see one. That would have been perfect.

Oh well, can you do tonight? I'm a bit screwed if the answer's no btw...

Balls. I hung around on steam for ages too.

Real life has got ludicrously busy quickly alas, the next time I can realistically play is maybe Saturday afternoon, and definitely anytime Sunday.

Not sure if that is before the deadline or not...

Jolima
14-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Jol; continent one is out the way but continent two will run into the weekend. I have a small window of opportunity to replay the game at say 16:00 BST on Saturday, assuming no significant issues on the journey home.

If you need to start earlier it may be possible, but we will be vulnerable to bog standard flight delays and traffic issues. Touch wood 16:00 should only be at risk of cancellation or mechanical failure.

16:00 should be fine, as should pretty much any time after it. See you then.

Edit: Laneford, the deadline is Saturday. Hopefully you can make it for that afternoon.

20phoenix
14-06-2012, 08:47 PM
If you're looking to enter a team is there a place you should be team building or can you do in matchmaking?

Jiiiiim
14-06-2012, 09:18 PM
You can train them up whenever, providing both teams are trying to win the way that you choose.

President Weasel
15-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Yeah - no levelling a team against someone playing just snotlings or someone who disconnects repeatedly to give you wins, that's the important thing.

HughTower
15-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Balls. I hung around on steam for ages too.

Real life has got ludicrously busy quickly alas, the next time I can realistically play is maybe Saturday afternoon, and definitely anytime Sunday.

Not sure if that is before the deadline or not...

Saturday afternoon is pleasing if you can do it. Can we say 2.30pm?

NieA7
15-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Playing as a goblin coach has scant few rewards. For me at least they're always beaten both on the pitch and to a pulp, with a succession of easy rolls flubbed and self-inflicted wounds. Kehmri would never be an easy task, and indeed Snoozer romped home with an simple 2-0 win, leaving a usual trail of broken bodies behind him.
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/NieAUnder7/Gobbos.jpg

Sometimes though, just sometimes, Nuffle rewards his loyal devotees.
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/NieAUnder7/Blitzra.jpg
In fact you could almost say that this time out he threw me a bone.

President Weasel
15-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Woah. Nice kill.

potatoedoughnut
16-06-2012, 01:18 AM
edit: wrong thread duh

Indefatigible Snoozer
16-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Woah. Nice kill.

I have mixed feelings about his death. Clearly the death of a +STR piece is sad. However, he used to be a +AG, +STR piece (note in the screen shot he's +AG, but only AG 2). He broke his neck 2 games ago, so he was +40k of useless TV. I wasn't going to retire him - I let nature take its course.

Nie was a good sport and it was an enjoyable game. I even learned a new rule - if the goblin ball carrier is eaten by a troll, apparently that doesn't cause a turnover!?!?

HughTower
16-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Saturday afternoon is pleasing if you can do it. Can we say 2.30pm?

I'm an idiot. Clearly cant do this time so it might have to be tomorrow/Sunday morning. Can you do 11?

ChainsawHands
16-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Sorry grinn, running late, should be there for 1030.