PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The RPS Open

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Jolima
03-06-2011, 09:49 PM
The RPS Open is one of the many RPS Blood Bowl Leagues, at the time of writing soon to finsh its fifth season. A season consists of each player (most often 12) playing all others once. This makes each season take about four months to finish.

As soon as one season ends, the next begins. Most players are keeping their teams between seasons but old players or new may join with another race of similar TV which is not yet represented in the league.

The league is organized through this thread and the spreadsheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuX1tdfDALOYdEZadGRPdHFlcy0xT0xYX01nZV8tN mc#gid=6).

To join the league, post in this thread, list yourself at the bottom of the 'Players' tab on the spreadsheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuX1tdfDALOYdEZadGRPdHFlcy0xT0xYX01nZV8tN mc#gid=6) and pick one of the available races. Keep in mind that you should have a team of at least 1500 TV to be competitive and several of the teams are at 1900+ TV. If you want to join with a lower valued team you are welcome to, but please be aware of what you are doing and make sure that you are prepared to keep playing them for the full season.

Rules for race selection:

Make sure that the Race column always lists the race you want to play next season. If this is different than the one you are playing this season, write that in the notes column.
If you want to change to some other race just change it if it's free or negotiate with the one who currently has it.
Please never write down a race which is not listed among the "Available races".

Essentially, this means that the first to decide gets to pick. I'm sure there are some who will be willing to switch if you ask though.

Any suggestion for changes to the league are welcome and may be implemented between seasons.

SPREADSHEET (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuX1tdfDALOYdEZadGRPdHFlcy0xT0xYX01nZV8tN mc#gid=6)

Zoraster
04-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Still no sign of Khryses so I think we can take it as read our match isn't going to get played before the deadline. The only time I think I could play Sunday is in the early hours down under. As stated on the old forum I'm trying to keep capacity for an Aussie prime time meeting on Monday or Tuesday, but if he hasn't returned by Sunday there won't be much point delaying on the off chance.

Daave
04-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Would groovy (or anyone else) mind swapping for me? I had rather an education from Jolima's elves, Norse really aren't cut out for high TV games.

groovychainsaw
04-06-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm happy to step in with my ogre team (about 1750 TV - too high? If it helps, remember they're only ogres ;-)) if you need another player. Just let me know and I'll apply.

Jolima
05-06-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm happy to step in with my ogre team (about 1750 TV - too high? If it helps, remember they're only ogres ;-)) if you need another player. Just let me know and I'll apply.

Please do and I'll get you switched in unless Daave has a change of heart before I can do so. 1750 TV will be fine.

groovychainsaw
05-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi Jolima, tried to apply but it says something about 'cannot accept applications'? I'm pretty sure I've done everything right? Maybe its because your season has kicked off, or you still have a full roster?

Zoraster
05-06-2011, 10:51 AM
There has to be a vacancy before mid-season applications can be made. If Daave quits/gets kicked then Groovy will be able to apply

Zoraster
05-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Just got a PM from Khryses on the old forum. He has been lurgified but is back amongst the living now. We are trying to arrange something on Monday or Tuesday if Lord Jolima is feeling merciful :)

Khryses
05-06-2011, 11:32 AM
No need, will shoot for 0-dark-hundred tonight (after a few gaps for sleep).

Fortunate part of surgery is it's not like the problem bit can be put *back*, so I should be relatively healthy from now on ;)

Jolima
05-06-2011, 01:38 PM
I think Daave has taken himself out now. At least his team is in red and trying to dismiss them gives a helpful: "The status of the league is not compatible with the current action."

I've made you commisioner as well so you can do whatever is needed to accept yourself.

I think Hugh and 'Hands have their game scheduled for today as well, so looks like we're on track for moving on by the schedule.

ChainsawHands
05-06-2011, 02:28 PM
A very different game for The Horny Goats against HughTower's The Vivisectionists this time, as the skaven actually had players left on the pitch at the end of the first half! Clearly I need more mighty blow...

Anyway, they scored quickly and I didn't quite manage to equalise in the first half, then I scored at the end of the second half to equalise. I managed 5 injuries along the way, four Badly Hurt and a dead AV6 lineman, which let's face it was going to happen sooner or later. ;-)

Thanks to HughTower for the game. Replay here. (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7gWWmac1yV8NjYzZWExZDYtZTlhYy00ZGI4LWEyN WItZTBmNGMwZDQ3ZDBm&hl=en_GB)

groovychainsaw
05-06-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm in - hi everyone! I look forward to throwing snotlings at you all :-).

HughTower
05-06-2011, 05:23 PM
A very different game for The Horny Goats against HughTower's The Vivisectionists this time, as the skaven actually had players left on the pitch at the end of the first half! Clearly I need more mighty blow...

Anyway, they scored quickly and I didn't quite manage to equalise in the first half, then I scored at the end of the second half to equalise. I managed 5 injuries along the way, four Badly Hurt and a dead AV6 lineman, which let's face it was going to happen sooner or later. ;-)

Thanks to HughTower for the game. Replay here. (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7gWWmac1yV8NjYzZWExZDYtZTlhYy00ZGI4LWEyN WItZTBmNGMwZDQ3ZDBm&hl=en_GB)

A game of the purists, I think it's fair to say, typified by a lot of magnificent defensive work and excellent game clock control. At least though, it was a game this time rather than a re-run of the Charge of the Light Brigade.

My only regret was that Billy Big Balls - who had a pretty good game all in all - didn't sharpen his can opener before he came out to play and hence failed to make a single dent in the phalanx of Chaos Warriors.

And RIP to Stutter the line-rat, but as 'Hands says, if you going to keep going out only wearing your knickers, you're going to end up horizontal at some point or other.

In a rules related note, when you get the chance to apo a KO, what's the best outcome you can get? Can you stay on the pitch?

Jolima
05-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Apoth on a KO gives an automatic stun instead. So you stay on the pitch but still lose the next turn.

HughTower
05-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Apoth on a KO gives an automatic stun instead. So you stay on the pitch but still lose the next turn.

And that's 100% fool-proof?

President Weasel
05-06-2011, 06:02 PM
You mean can it give you a choice between KO'd and dead? No, it's foolproof - but it does use up your one and only apoc on a mere KO who might come back on the next drive anyway.

Jolima
05-06-2011, 07:50 PM
The first round is finished and the league has been moved forward. The next set of matches is marked up in the spreadsheet as usual.

(Thanks to drawlien who did all of that.)

The next round ends in 10 days on June 15th.

Zoraster, this time I'm playing you. How about sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening or next weekend?

duff
05-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Ian my dear, when would you like to give me an education into how to correctly play lizzies?

Zoraster
05-06-2011, 09:02 PM
This afternoon Frenzy made their debut in the Open against Khryses’ Bad Penny. Naturally I induced Zara against Undead opposition. Deeproot filled out the roster with the Chef on the sidelines. Frenzy kicked off; the Chef claimed a single reroll as the rain started to fall. From the off Penny looked in control. Despite the rain the ball was collected faultlessly, removing the threat of the defensive one turner. The tossed ‘fling failed his landing roll, forcing him to GFI to mark the BC thus rendering the half die blitz far too risky. The first ‘fling dodge was a failure, leading to a KO and the doughty BC marker rapidly followed into the dugout. Penny were two men up, the ball into midfield, but The Lady now swung firmly behind the ‘flings.

The ball was up on halfway, but only had Penny’s star Ghoul screening the BC. As a Blodge Sidestepper he was top of my hit list so the chance to blitz him productively was never going to get turned down. The wooden Jason Connery had a three die hit on him and broke the golden rule about not rerolling pushbacks; this time the reward wasn’t the traditional turnover. Instead Connery rolled the crucial pow, broke armour and one dead Ghoul. Having the Tree in contact with the BC was a nice bonus :)

The BCing Wight dodged away but was left exposed. Zara blitzed him down as Frenzy secured the ball and threatened the defensive score. It came down to a key turn with Frenzy on the verge of getting beyond the reach of the Ghoul-less Penny backline. Zara was semi-screening the BC and survived two hits, forcing Khryses to blitz her down with his Mummy. The pow arrived, with the added bonus of a KO on the troublesome star but Frenzy only needed a 3+ dodge with skill reroll to break into the wide open backfield. Snake eyes, KO.

The half fizzled out with Penny’s last chance of an assault falling to a failed GFI while Frenzy went for an unlikely end to end play that required a TTM with a favourable scatter to get into scoring range. All went well bar the TTM scattering back towards halfway; 0-0 at the break.

Both coaches anxiously watched the KO rolls; would Zara return? She did, and Frenzy luck didn’t end there. The kick off bounced off the pitch, saving Frenzy from picking up in the rain and even better Deeproot smashed down the star Mummy, putting him out the game. Two blocks later John Gordon Sinclair took out the LoS Zombie as Frenzy took complete control of the field.

With Zara keeping one Ghoul down and Deeproot KOing the other the ‘flings were free to advance the ball behind a loose screen. Stalling was the order of the day with the low AG undead proving inept at dodging even for AG2 players. By the time Frenzy had to score Penny had just 3 turns and no rerolls with which to find an equaliser.

Penny were in trouble, but a Ghoul and Wight regained consciousness and the rain finally stopped, so the three turn score was feasible. However here Penny made a bit of a mistake, picking up and attempting a pass before advancing any potential scoring threat. The pass failed leaving Frenzy free to swamp the AG3 threats on halfway. Unable to penetrate the line only a Skeleton was in scoring range for the final turn so when Frenzy got the pushback the last chance of a Penny equaliser was gone.

1-0 to Frenzy. Khryses had quite appalling luck, something Undead can’t afford against ‘flings. TBH I’d rather have saved a lucky match for a tougher racial match up... this one I’d have fancied my chances in with equitable dice but I’ll need luck in the rounds ahead if I’m to avoid the wooden spoon.

Zoraster
05-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Zoraster, this time I'm playing you. How about sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening or next weekend?
I’m really too busy to play tomorrow without deadline pressure :) Next weekend I’ll be deployed in the role of Grumpy Uncle Zor at some point so either early morning or lunchtime would be best from my perspective. Either day starting at 07:00/08:00 BST or around noon work for you? If needed an evening is possible, but we run the risk of cancellation depending on family activity.

Ian
05-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Ian my dear, when would you like to give me an education into how to correctly play lizzies?

Ooooh, tomorrow night? 8ish?

Jolima
05-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Zoraster: 8 AM on Sunday works well.

duff
05-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Ooooh, tomorrow night? 8ish?

Sorry I should have said in my original post, I probably can't do tommorow. My best days would be Tues or Wed night. I could probably also play on one of either Fri, Sat or Sun if you let me know in advance.

President Weasel
05-06-2011, 11:48 PM
HughTower, when would you like to play our blood bowl match? I've got my Divisions match on Monday evening but I can do you any other evening this week, or 10pm ish on Monday.

HughTower
05-06-2011, 11:54 PM
You mean can it give you a choice between KO'd and dead? No, it's foolproof - but it does use up your one and only apoc on a mere KO who might come back on the next drive anyway.

Yeah, there was a moment though towards the end of my game with Hands where it'd been nice to still have Billy the cage-breaker on the pitch...

Cheers.

HughTower
05-06-2011, 11:57 PM
HughTower, when would you like to play our blood bowl match? I've got my Divisions match on Monday evening but I can do you any other evening this week, or 10pm ish on Monday.

Possibly tomorrow late, depending on Tuesday's workload. I'll let you know tomorrow, old chum.

What race are you playing this season, Mr. Indecisive?

President Weasel
06-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Tonight should be fine, I ought to have my 7 o'clock game finished by 9 or so, so unless I hear back from you before then I'll grab a cup of tea or something and then log into the browser about half nine and watch some iplayer on the other screen til I get a challenge :)

Oh, and Orcs.
My Wood Elves took a nasty beating at the end of the season and weren't in any shape to step up to the mark at the start of this one, plus I fancied something with a bit more heft to it. I had decent lizard and orc teams in the right sort of bracket in the challenge league, and lizards were taken.

HughTower
06-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Tonight should be fine, I ought to have my 7 o'clock game finished by 9 or so, so unless I hear back from you before then I'll grab a cup of tea or something and then log into the browser about half nine and watch some iplayer on the other screen til I get a challenge :)

Oh, and Orcs.
My Wood Elves took a nasty beating at the end of the season and weren't in any shape to step up to the mark at the start of this one, plus I fancied something with a bit more heft to it. I had decent lizard and orc teams in the right sort of bracket in the challenge league, and lizards were taken.

We look forward to running round you later then. I'll try and make it on around 9:15 or so.

Ian
06-06-2011, 10:45 AM
Sorry I should have some in my original post, I probably can't do tommorow. My best days would be Tues or Wed night. I could probably also play on one of either Fri, Sat or Sun if you let me know in advance.

Okay. Tomorrow night, 8ish? :)

duff
06-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Is that your answer to everything!? Sounds good though, see you then!

Ian
06-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Tomorrow night, 8-... oh, yes! Cool. I shall see you later, then. BRING YOUR WIMPIEST SAURI WITH YOU.

(Please.)

groovychainsaw
06-06-2011, 02:19 PM
I *think* I've got chainsawhands for my first game. You free tonight, Mr. Hands? Ready to face the wrath of the angry snotling? Watch them tear your beastmen apart! I'll be on my PC from about 8 o'clock PM...

ChainsawHands
06-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Not free until Thursday night, would around 8pm on Thursday work?

groovychainsaw
06-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Quite possibly, I'll have to check with my secretary (wife) to figure out when I'm free, but lets say 8pm on thursday for now. :-).

drawlien
06-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Just played Arni' and won 3 - 0. He had rather bad luck with his dodge rolls. I am looking forward to what he writes about the game! It will no doubt be a tragic tale. I might get down my version of the game on Wednesday if I have time.

Thanks Arni' for the game!

duff
06-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Just played Arni' and won 3 - 0. He had rather bad luck with his dodge rolls.

He'll be back. Ooffff.

President Weasel
06-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Azlop's Fables

Azlop is an orc blitzer with mighty blow, tackle, and piling on. He's not actually designed to maim gutter runners - he's designed to kill amazons. It just so happens that gutter runners share several key qualities with the amazons- reliant on dodge for safety, low armour, and incredibly satisfying to injure. Azlop only told one story in the first half, but he told it several times. It was called "the story of the rat that got savagely beaten up by orcs".

there were 5 rats and ten orcs on the pitch at the start of turn 3

There were 3 rats 10 orcs on the pitch at the end of turn 6

There were 2 rats and 10 orcs on the pitch halfway through turn 8. Then I ran in my touchdown.

4 of his 5 KO'd players got back up and his other KO'd player got back up at the restart. He'd brought 3 subs, so with 3 in the injury bin...

11 rats lined up against 10 orcs and a goblin at the start of turn 9. This half was a whole different story. This was "the story of what happened when Billy Big Balls woke up and got angry, and President Weasel's dice turned to crap"

It was 9 orcs and a goblin against 11 rats at the end of his turn 10 (oh, and he scored a TD)

Then he got a blitz, so it was STILL his turn 10.
His monstrous rat ogre badly hurt another blitzer so it was 8 orcs and 2 goblins against 11 rats when turn 10 finally came to an end, and I was out of subs.

He placed a gutter runner directly under the patch of the ball, but failed to catch it. I blitzed his gutter runner (but wrestle saved him), grabbed the ball, elfed it miles across the pitch with my agi 4 thrower to my other thrower, rerolled the catch, and trundled upfield.
I then forgot I'd used the reroll already this turn, and was horribly surprised when my go for it failed and I couldn't reroll. I had been planning to bash with the rest of the turn, with no "rest" available the rats stayed unbashed, and were able to get a couple of rats into good position over the ball.

At the end of turn 11 it was 7 orcs, 2 goblins against 11 rats (I managed to KO my own thrower trying a dodge in order to get a 2 dice on his gutter runner)

Hughtower dodged a gutter runner away from the goblin guarding him and ran in a second touchdown

He kicked long, and to add insult to injury a rock came sailing out of the crowd and stunned one of my black orcs. I did some inconclusive blocking, and on his first move of the restart hughtower went for it and fell over, and KOd his lineman.

10 against 9

I was running out of time, so I decided to try some of that elfy stuff. I pushed a blitzer up each wing and left my thrower deep in my own half guarded by two goblins.

HT pushed some gutter runners forward. I used my troll to clear a rat from a downed black orc, so I could stand him up and move him to cover a GR- only I didn't, because double skulls, and no rerolls left. My position was hopeless. The two "receiver" blitzers were double marked, my line was lying on the ground, and rats were converging on my thrower from all angles.

He shunted a blitzer off the pitch, 10 against 7

In the very last turn, far too late to make a difference, my troll KO'd Billy Big Balls and a black orc KO'd a linerat, so it finished, deceptively, 8 against 7. It was mathematically possible for me to score - pickup with the goblin, make 2 go for its to get within 4+ pass range (stunty), make a 6+ catch with the orc marked by two rats, make a dodge into two tackle zones and another dodge out, and a go for it to reach the line. I failed the pickup.

Final score 2-1 to Hughtower, and about 3 casualties each. His deader apoced to "get back onto the pitch, you big wuss", while mine apoced to MNG and lose a movement.

It really was a game of two halves, and Nuffle treated me like a long lost brother in the first half, and a long lost brother he just remembered he really hated in the second. All those KO'd rats getting back up really broke my heart, especially as I was the one with the bloodweiser babe, and all credit to Hughtower as soon as he got a numerical advantage he used it really well. Getting a blitz right after his first touchdown was a nasty piece of luck for me too.
Billy Big Balls is ridiculously scary; every time he blitzed my heart was in my mouth. You do get the feeling he's going to be target number one for getting knocked down and savagely fouled though, and with AV8 his days of being a nappy wearing assassin are surely numbered...

Despite Billy's loving attentions, I made it out of the game with my team almost intact - one level 3 black orc got apoced from Dead to -1MV, but since he is a block and guard line-monster that's not going to affect his usefulness too much. I'm still enjoying the orcs!

(I am ashamed to say I done a swear when HT got that blitz. Sorry HT)

Arnisarus
07-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Just played Arni' and won 3 - 0. He had rather bad luck with his dodge rolls. I am looking forward to what he writes about the game! It will no doubt be a tragic tale. I might get down my version of the game on Wednesday if I have time.

Thanks Arni' for the game!

Erf, probably not gonna have time to do a write up this week madness ensues with work and various out of hours activities!

Suffice to say my mighty blow wardancer died and one of my line elves now uses a wooden leg.

and my team vale has now plumeted to 1140 :D so chaos next at 1800, oh joy of joys ! lol

Cheers for the match drawlien. again sorry the elves played so poorly :P Did you fire your blitzer ?

President Weasel
07-06-2011, 09:55 AM
I am really happy I am playing orcs this season. Sorry for your loss, Arni.

And 660 inducements should allow you to get Morg for your game against chaos, unless the game inflates your TV again by giving you subs - you've lost one dead and one MNG, so how many players will be out of hospital for hte next game?

Arnisarus
07-06-2011, 10:09 AM
I am really happy I am playing orcs this season. Sorry for your loss, Arni.

And 660 inducements should allow you to get Morg for your game against chaos, unless the game inflates your TV again by giving you subs - you've lost one dead and one MNG, so how many players will be out of hospital for hte next game?

It's not so bad i've basically got 2 mercs playing for me, but pretty much everyone else on the team is still rank 1 :P so i can see this being a slaughter :P at least my initial line will be full of disposables :Dill still have around 500k to play with, but going off my rolling skills in recent games, i can see myself spending that on re rolls :D

groovychainsaw
07-06-2011, 10:35 AM
@Chainsawhands -secretary has vetoed Thursday, how are you set for the weekend?

duff
07-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Noones going to savage me for my appalling joke? :P

Ian
07-06-2011, 12:13 PM
I considered adding some more Arnie references to it to be honest.

Arnisarus
07-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I should really think of a new name...

ChainsawHands
07-06-2011, 04:06 PM
@Chainsawhands -secretary has vetoed Thursday, how are you set for the weekend?
Busy most of the weekend. How's Monday next week?

Ian
07-06-2011, 10:16 PM
I just played one of my worst games in a while. Neither me or Duffin had a game to write home about to be honest, with him edging me on play and a little on luck. It was 1-0 to him in the end and I only suffered one MNG so it could all have been worse.

duff
07-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Yeh, I was guilty of rerolling some block dice out of greed, only to turn over before standing all my players up. Unforgiveable really. Ian failed to cover a skink that was in range for a jump-up ninja touchdown and tried some block dice before ball handling which turned him over, leaving me to get my hands on the ball and usher it to safety in the second half.

President Weasel
07-06-2011, 10:22 PM
To: Ian Warboss
Subject: Commiserations

HUUUUUUUUUUGS (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03242003)

Message ends.

duff
07-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Also: I spent most of the game failing pick-up and hand-off rolls with skinks. Only for Ian to blitz a skink in turn 15, releasing the ball into the path of a saurus who promptly picked it up whilst playing on his Nintendo 3DS.

Ian
07-06-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm beginning to think you have a thing for me, Weasel.

President Weasel
08-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Yes, the thing I have is a crudely drawn picture of an otter called Philippe being dropped from a plane to hug the inhabitants below. I thought that thing might cheer you up after your game :)

groovychainsaw
09-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi Chainsawhands, how's friday night sound for you? If not, monday might be ok. If off on holidays on weds night (for a week), so things are getting a little tight :-)

ChainsawHands
09-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Looks like I'll be busy on Friday night, so can we go for Monday? I'm also unexpectedly free on Tuesday night if that helps.

groovychainsaw
09-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Ok, mon or tues it is. I'll say monday for now, 8pm. I'll let you know if it changes! (holiday packing/last minute shopping may interfere!)

Zoraster
12-06-2011, 02:28 PM
This morning my ‘flings took on Jolima’s prancing pansies in a tense encounter. Nuffle’s whimsical nature was in full display as he handed both coaches a succession of problems. I spent my inducement cash on Morg, Zara and a Chef.

Things began badly for Frenzy with the rain coming down but we have an AG4 ‘fling on the books to help mitigate the risk. A perfect defence made things worse, but as compensation the Chef took 2 rerolls. Jolima kicked deep which was something of a relief as it meant I had a free turn to secure the ball.

Zara started well, stunning and KOing on her first two turns but after that she had a bad outing, never breaking armour again. Worse still the referee was annoyingly vigilant and spotted both my early fouls, with just one KO to show for it. A succession of impotent hits culminated in a failed Jump Up roll, leaving the ball carrier exposed. Jolima immediately deployed some Blackle to free the ball but both coaches despaired as the ball scattered into the branches of a Tree on halfway.

Not to be outdone by his fellow Tree my non-ball handler immediately responded by blitzing down and killing a thrower, giving Connery his second kill of the season. The ball carrier took root, forcing the reroll. Cue much annoyance at Cyanides faulty implementation of Break Tackle as he dodged away with a 6 but used Break Tackle anyway, preventing the vital extra movement into the open.

Jolima was running short of players but was keeping enough screening in place to slow the advance. By turn seven risky offence was required. With no one in scoring position Zara was blitzed free and the star received the hand off. A fail would have left the TTM as the only option, but Zara held the ball and advanced towards the line. She survived the desperation half die hit to secure Frenzy a 1-0 half time lead.

The second half saw the elfin offence looking for the quick leveller to give them time to force the win, but fate conspired against them. An early dodging failure wasted a turn and the ball was briefly lost to a half die hit after stunty was utilised to break into a half cage. Just like the first half the ball scattered from the ball carrier into the arms of a supporting team mate. Jolima advanced into scoring range. A ‘fling was tossed back to attempt the half die blitz, but this time the 50% dodge into the cage failed both attempts as the elf cruised home. 1-1 with 4 turns to hold out.

Elves again kicked fairly deep but Frenzy had set up very conservatively. At this point I’d decided to play for the draw and then chance my arm with a TTM attempt once the draw was safe. To this end I handed the ball off to Morg, relying on his strength to hold the ball. Sadly I wasn’t able to safely advance the ball far enough to pose a real scoring threat and instead came under increasing pressure. In the end I opted for a fling cage near a sideline, operating on the principle that even if things went wrong I’d still have a good chance of scatter providing salvation.

Things went wrong. Zara was required to blitz to free 1 TZ off Morg but a GFI was required. Cue failure and loner failure. Elves now had a chance, but had to roll a lot of dice. In the end a 1 in 9 hit on a fling had to be rerolled, leaving just one bite of the cherry once the 2 die hit on Morg was manufactured. Pushback/Skull left a last chance half die hit, but even had that worked too many players had been activated leaving a very kind scatter the only chance. In the event the half die failed, and as added insult Morg injured his man. There was a hugely unlikely TTM chance that would have required 100% perfect scatter and GFIs but the toss was fumbled.

1-1 was probably a fair result although Frenzy definitely had the better of the dice, weather and fouls apart. Frenzy got the big rolls at big moments and were able to control the clock with comparative ease.

Khryses
12-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Alright Laneford, looks like it's us this time.

When suits?

laneford
13-06-2011, 01:11 AM
US TIME.

Right I'm free almost every evening this week I think with a bit of notice. From about 6pm onwards.

Khryses
13-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Ought to be doable. US time you say?

Which US timezone are you in and I'll do the maths to find us a time?

groovychainsaw
13-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi Chainsawhands. I'm not entirely sure how free I'll be this evening (sorry!). I can do a really early match (say 5pm), or would a late start be ok for you? Say 10pm? If not, can we push back to tuesday. I'm just a little swamped at the moment trying to sort out holiday things :-S.

ChainsawHands
13-06-2011, 04:06 PM
5pm's a no-go, and I've got a cup match on Tuesday so that's not really viable either. However! Sleep is for the weak, so 10pmish should be fine.

Ian
13-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Ought to be doable. US time you say?

Which US timezone are you in and I'll do the maths to find us a time?

He's in the UK. "US TIME" as in "TIME FOR US TO PLAY". :p

laneford
13-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah sorry. I fail at spaeking.

Ian will handle all match arranging from me on my behalf from now on.

ChainsawHands
13-06-2011, 10:30 PM
5pm's a no-go, and I've got a cup match on Tuesday so that's not really viable either. However! Sleep is for the weak, so 10pmish should be fine.
2230 now, you about gc?

groovychainsaw
13-06-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm here now - sorry I'm so late - got dragged into late night shopping. I genuinely thought shops would be closed by 8, but apparently not...

ChainsawHands
13-06-2011, 11:43 PM
That was a brutal match against The Great Flying Snots. An ogre got BH early on, with the apothecary being called in to get him back on his feet ready to come back on the next time they set up. In the meantime, though, The Horny Goats managed a BH on a snotling, a -1MV on the +1AG Block Break Tackle ogre, and then finally an ogre rolled a skull and killed himself. At that point (turn 8) groovychainsaw decided to concede the match.

2-0 to THG. I was obviously hoping for a lot of injuries this match, but I thought it would be the snotlings!

Thanks to groovychainsaw for the game, and for remaining cheerful in the face of Nuffle's Holy Wrath as it decimated his team.

Replay here. (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7gWWmac1yV8NjYzZWExZDYtZTlhYy00ZGI4LWEyN WItZTBmNGMwZDQ3ZDBm&hl=en_GB)

President Weasel
14-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Is that the cursed slot or something? First Daave gets his Norse slaughtered and drops out, now Groovy's ogres get savagely beaten up by 'Hands and he concedes.

groovychainsaw
14-06-2011, 08:37 AM
It certainly felt like it - my team was ruined by turn 7! :-). I was likely to concede the game anyway, as last night was the last one me and chainsawhands could play and I got back pretty late from my outing. I was in two minds about playing, I thought I'd give it a go, starting late last night and getting the game done.

It wasn't going too badly at first, opting to receive, getting the ball, rumbling a cage of sorts upfield, making some hits (didn't score a single KO/Cas on any of chainsawhands' players all game either). Then one ogre goes down badly hurt. Fine, i think, you usually only get one go down in a game, I'll apo him to come back on next drive. Then I continued to be annoying with snots and break tackle, making my way up the pitch. Then a smashed hip (on my star +1AG and block ogre 'runner') followed by a death and then chainsawhands getting a defensive touchdown took the wind out of me somewhat. As it was about 11:40 by this point and i was massively out strengthed on the pitch and only kicking off to chainsawhands next half, i decided playing for another hour wouldn't be much fun (and really, what else do you play ogres for?) so asked if chainsawhands was ok with me conceding at that point. Its one of few cases where a concession actually means he probably got less SPPs than he would have had, spending the entire second half beating up all my snotlings. The irony was, the snots appeared to be quite tough so far, only one badly hurt!!

Ta for the game chainsawhands, hopefully you'll have netted an absolute hatful of SPPs from that one so even the short nature of the game should have done your team no harm at all :-).

Arnisarus
14-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Well i think it's my elves against him next, considering they have currently got the agility of a troll, the luck of a man lost in space and the ball carry skills of a dead minotaur i can see there being another slaughter on the cards :d

on the plus side, claw makes naff all difference against my elves :P

ChainsawHands
14-06-2011, 09:27 AM
groovychainsaw - you did manage a niggling injury on one of my +ST beastmen, I believe. I apothed it to BH though.

Arnisaurus - yeah, good thing I've not actually taken any claw yet then. ;-)

President Weasel
14-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Please feel free not to take any until after you play my orcs. Kthxbye.

Khryses
14-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah sorry. I fail at spaeking.

Ian will handle all match arranging from me on my behalf from now on.

6pm it is - not today, but tomorrow 'k?

I'll stagger straight from my savage beating at your hands to the soothing balm of a savage beating at Monty's side in SoW *laugh*

laneford
14-06-2011, 04:37 PM
6pm Wednesday then? Sounds groovy baby.

Ian
15-06-2011, 09:53 AM
So who do I have? Keep forgetting to check when I'm at home.

drawlien
15-06-2011, 12:32 PM
The next round doesn't roll on until Laneford and Khryses have played...

Ian
15-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Ahh, I thought they were just early birds in organising the next'un.

laneford
15-06-2011, 07:47 PM
A rather fortunate 2-1 victory for 3 Feet High and Rising, means the inaugral week can be ended. Cheers for the game Khryses! Thanks for waiting guys!

Jolima
15-06-2011, 08:31 PM
League's moved on. Third round marked in the spreadsheet. Next round ends on the 25th.

drawlien, maybe I can break your winning streak once more this weekend? (Can't play Saturday afternoon/evening.)

drawlien
15-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Would about 7.30pm on Sunday be O.K. Jolima?

Jolima
15-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Sure would. See you then.

Edit: Hey, Postcounts!

President Weasel
15-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Zoraster, I know we just played in the Divisions, but it's my Orcs vs your Halflings in the Open this week. I can't promise anything at the weekend, but I can do Thursday evening or any weekday evening next week, take your pick.

Zoraster
15-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Think it'll be your Orcs vs my Trees by the end... think my unbeaten record is at serious risk.

Monday at 19:00 any good for you guv?

Khryses
15-06-2011, 10:43 PM
I gather I'm playing you now, Groovy? When's good for you?

President Weasel
15-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Groovy's headed off on holiday for a week I believe. Yes, here he is on page ten of the Divisions thread. (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?54-RPS-Blood-Bowl-League-The-many-many-Divisions-of-Death!/page10)

Zoraster, Monday at 1900 is ideal. It's in the diary.

Arnisarus
16-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Duffin, looks like its your turn to maime some wood elves, when are you free?

It's my wedding anniversary this weekend, i might be able to play sunday though, depending on the missus. If not im free any evening next week from 7:30 except Thursday.

Ian
16-06-2011, 09:39 AM
S'me and you, 'Hands.

When suits?

ChainsawHands
16-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Monday night, around 8pm?

Ian
16-06-2011, 11:18 PM
I shall check and confirm but that'll likely be okay. :)

duff
17-06-2011, 04:49 AM
Duffin, looks like its your turn to maime some wood elves, when are you free?

It's my wedding anniversary this weekend, i might be able to play sunday though, depending on the missus. If not im free any evening next week from 7:30 except Thursday.

We had better steer clear of this weekend then.. don't want to get you into any trouble! How does next Mon or Wed night suit you?

Khryses
18-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Alright, I'll just hold out for Groovy then - enjoy your holiday my friend! :)

Arnisarus
19-06-2011, 02:05 PM
We had better steer clear of this weekend then.. don't want to get you into any trouble! How does next Mon or Wed night suit you?

Monday night around 7:30 is ideal

drawlien
19-06-2011, 03:44 PM
My Amazons finally lost a match to Jolima's Elves, the team that managed to draw with them last season. I spent too long stalling at 1-1 in the second half and the elves managed to get the ball away and score in the last turn despite needing quite a few rolls to finish it off. Well played Jolima.

HughTower
19-06-2011, 05:27 PM
My Amazons finally lost a match to Jolima's Elves, the team that managed to draw with them last season. I spent too long stalling at 1-1 in the second half and the elves managed to get the ball away and score in the last turn despite needing quite a few rolls to finish it off. Well played Jolima.

Woo-hoo! The Queens are Dead! The race is wide open again.

duff
19-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Monday night around 7:30 is ideal

Okay, see you then.

laneford
20-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Tower of Hugh! We have a game on dear sir!

I can do most evenings this week except Friday. Let me know what suits.

duff
20-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Ingame now Arnisarus

Sgt.Ragekage
20-06-2011, 07:45 PM
How do i go about getting my orc team signed up? Or a.n.other race if there be orcs already.

duff
20-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Hello Sgt. unfortunately we are quite early in the season right now so it will be a few months before applications are open again. If you come back then you should be high up on the list of new players.

If you wanted to get some blood bowl action sooner you might want to check out the 'Division's of Death' thread because that league has an intake of new players every 4 weeks (I think the next one is due in around 20 days time).

President Weasel
20-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi fella, we're pretty near the start of an 11 (12? many, anyway) week odyssey, so it will be a while til you can sign up for the Open. The Divisions of death are a week and a bit away from a new season though, and the challenge league is open to all comers.

(or what Duffin said)

duff
20-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Too late Pweasel.

EDIT:

I'm gonna log off now Arnisarus. I can only assume that you didn't see my message confirming tonight was a good time, or you have a phobia of dinosaurs. When else is a good time for you? Tommorow? Thursday?

Arnisarus
20-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Too late Pweasel.

EDIT:

I'm gonna log off now Arnisarus. I can only assume that you didn't see my message confirming tonight was a good time, or you have a phobia of dinosaurs. When else is a good time for you? Tommorow? Thursday?

Sorry Duff! just got back from work. shoulda been back a couple of hours ago, i'll hang round on steam or can play 7:30 tomorrow if not. sorry dude :P

President Weasel
20-06-2011, 09:03 PM
An event filled and exciting match between my orcs and Zoraster's halflings. He had about 600k in inducments and bought Zora and the Scariest Tree In The World. I believe its name was Branchmaim Murderbastard.

I managed to shunt Zora off the pitch and injure her during the orcs' drive in the first half, with the orcs eventually scoring after an elf-tastic crossfield pass to a blitzer who was suddenly unmarked after he 2-red diced a tree the turn before and knocked it down. (Zoraster's trees really struggled with the concept of standing up in this match, failing the roll far more than would be statistically likely). I kept Rootslaughter McViolentdeath tied up for most of the match by swarming him with brave black orcs for him to punch, but by the same token Zoraster kept my black orcs and troll tied up for most of the match with Treekill Von Owchthat'smyspleen and one of his treemen, leaving the other tree free to wreak wooden havoc on any of my blitzers who tried to hit his ball carrier.

Zoaster scored in turn 16. I had one turn to win the match. I set up the goblin next to the troll.
He kicked short. THe kickoff dice gave me a reroll. I picked up the ball with a blitzer, took one go for it (there goes the reroll, easy come easy go), handed off to the goblin who caught it. This had already gone better than I had expected.
The troll took a firm grasp on the goblin, swung, and threw straight and true!
The goblin sailed through the air, clutching the ball, and, amazingly, landed successfully. This never happens.

With the hard stuff done, the goblin needed only make one dodge and two go for its to win me the match. He failed the dodge and badly hurt himself. That's blood bowl, folks.

Cheers to Zoraster for such a fun game. The draw was the least he deserved.

Zoraster
20-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Aye, it was another good fun encounter of fluctuating fortunes, comedic cock-ups and typical BB anarchic entertainment. The headline news is I’m still unbeaten at the quarter way point of the season, and I’m going to be at least 4 points off bottom. I’m also halfway to my pre-season points target so yay me!

Exactly how I got away with it today will remain a mystery. What could go wrong pretty much did go wrong; the game even managed to reconnect after my router reset itself shortly after Zara was taken out the match... you just know I wouldn’t have been able to reconnect if the game was going well :)

duff
21-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Sorry Duff! just got back from work. shoulda been back a couple of hours ago, i'll hang round on steam or can play 7:30 tomorrow if not. sorry dude :P

No worries, I'll look out for you tonight on steam!

Jolima
21-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Lots of games still missing and seemingly unscheduled while the round is due to end this Saturday. I'll try to round up the status of them, let me know if I got anything wrong.

Khryses, hopefully you and Groovy can manage to play, otherwise you have the win for now.

Duffin, Arnisarus: due to play today.

Ian, 'Hands: You were scheduled for yesterday but never played? Have you rescheduled?

Laneford, Hugh': Hugh hasn't replied to Laneford's challenge, so Laneford has the win for now.

Sgt.Ragekage: Welcome, but as others have said: come back around September when a new season is scheduled to start.

duff
21-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Oh balls, I didn't realise the deadline was this close. Me and Arnisarus are playing this Sunday now, if you will give us permission to have a day extra? *grovel*

Khryses
21-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Cheers Jolima - though I'd be sorry to miss out on the game.

HughTower
22-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Lots of games still missing and seemingly unscheduled while the round is due to end this Saturday. I'll try to round up the status of them, let me know if I got anything wrong.

Khryses, hopefully you and Groovy can manage to play, otherwise you have the win for now.

Duffin, Arnisarus: due to play today.

Ian, 'Hands: You were scheduled for yesterday but never played? Have you rescheduled?

Laneford, Hugh': Hugh hasn't replied to Laneford's challenge, so Laneford has the win for now.

Sgt.Ragekage: Welcome, but as others have said: come back around September when a new season is scheduled to start.

I didnae see no challenge, I promise. Plus this blasted site without RSS has ruined things for me a smite. Apologies anyhoo.

Well, Thursday pm might be doable and failing that, Saturday morn maybe? Any good to you, Lois?

Arnisarus
22-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Ah right yea, we were gonna play monday, which we didnt coz of my work then we were gonna play yesterday but Duff was feeling really crap, so is it possible for us to play sunday, if not

Duff can you play this evening ?

ChainsawHands
22-06-2011, 01:22 PM

Yes, for Friday.

duff
22-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Hi Arni sorry I missed your message on steam was ingame and alt-tabbed just as you logged off. I can't really play tonight, going out for a meal with the family to celebrate my graduation. I can do thurs, fri, sat or sun though... hopefully Jolima will allow us an extra day if Sunday is most convenient for you, he's been quite accomodating in the past!

Arnisarus
22-06-2011, 07:22 PM
I can do thursday about 9:30 ish if thats any good for you? ill have just finished mma training though so will be knackered but as my elves are already paggered i dont think it will matter too much :D

Jolima
22-06-2011, 08:17 PM
If all you can do is Sunday, go ahead and play it then, but try to get it in by Saturday if possible.

laneford
22-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I didnae see no challenge, I promise. Plus this blasted site without RSS has ruined things for me a smite. Apologies anyhoo.

Well, Thursday pm might be doable and failing that, Saturday morn maybe? Any good to you, Lois?

I can definitely do tomorrow evening, otherwise Saturday should be ok for me yeah.

HughTower
23-06-2011, 12:48 AM
I can definitely do tomorrow evening, otherwise Saturday should be ok for me yeah.

Work's hardcore at the moment so watch this space for tomorrow/Thursday night, otherwise Saturday morning is a solid safety net.

Thanks.

duff
23-06-2011, 02:58 AM
Arni - thurs at 9.30 sounds good, I'll be around on steam tommorow night then.

Arnisarus
23-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Arni - thurs at 9.30 sounds good, I'll be around on steam tommorow night then.

Okay cool, note the "ish" though! i will defo be on, its just sometimes mma overruns a little and i get back a little late, so see that as 9:30 - 10 "ish" :D

duff
23-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Okay cool, note the "ish" though! i will defo be on, its just sometimes mma overruns a little and i get back a little late, so see that as 9:30 - 10 "ish" :D

Sure, no worries. If you message me and there is no reply spam me a bit as I may be ingame and not here the steam 'beep'!

HughTower
23-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Work's hardcore at the moment so watch this space for tomorrow/Thursday night, otherwise Saturday morning is a solid safety net.

Thanks.

Right. On way home. Reckon I could get on somewhere round 930 tonight if that's not too late, Laneford. Post here if you're up for dat.

laneford
23-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Right. On way home. Reckon I could get on somewhere round 930 tonight if that's not too late, Laneford. Post here if you're up for dat.

That'll be fine for me mate. I think our jobs are going opposite levels of activity!

HughTower
23-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Coolio. See you ingame.

Do you want to job-swap?

laneford
23-06-2011, 11:45 PM
A very fortunate 4-1 win for 3 feet High and Rising despite HughTower's cunning and highly original strategy of fielding 12 players.

http://i.imgur.com/wInd1.jpg

Arnisarus
24-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Duff and I played our match last night, my woodies once again losing 2 - 1, the match was actually alot closer than i expected based on the TV difference, i got a few lucky dodges, as well as some awful ones, whilst duff got highly unlucky actually injuring elves ... I had 10 players on most of the time! so many elves i got confused with what to do with them all! i'm used to using about 4:D

In the end i think the 2 deciding points in the match were Duff getting a blitz on kickoff, and managing to get a skink to the ball covered by a saurus, the skink was promptly fried to death by the wizard (who i really should have saved)

the second being my WD deciding to ko herself on a gfi, i'm pretty sure she did this twice.... leaving me with no one in range of the speedy skink who snuck through to my end zone on turn 16

Ian
24-06-2011, 09:45 AM
That HughTower's a scamp, eh? ;)

We still on for tonight 'Hands? It was only last night late on I remembered it was tonight we're playing!

ChainsawHands
24-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Yeah, 8pm.

Ian
24-06-2011, 04:25 PM
DISASTER.

A family dinner has sprung out from behind a hedge and mauled my Friday evening. And I believe another similar will be taking place tomorrow. ¬_¬ Would you prefer tomorrow during the day or Sunday night?

duff
24-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Duff and I played our match last night, my woodies once again losing 2 - 1, the match was actually alot closer than i expected based on the TV difference, i got a few lucky dodges, as well as some awful ones, whilst duff got highly unlucky actually injuring elves ... I had 10 players on most of the time! so many elves i got confused with what to do with them all! i'm used to using about 4:D

In the end i think the 2 deciding points in the match were Duff getting a blitz on kickoff, and managing to get a skink to the ball covered by a saurus, the skink was promptly fried to death by the wizard (who i really should have saved)

the second being my WD deciding to ko herself on a gfi, i'm pretty sure she did this twice.... leaving me with no one in range of the speedy skink who snuck through to my end zone on turn 16
Yes I think getting fried to death by a wizard's lightning bolt after sprinting into the opposition half with blitz is the most glorious death you can have in blood bowl!

Also when your wardancer ko'd himself he did do about 5 dodges, a leap, and a gfi, so he was bound to fail one surely!?

ChainsawHands
24-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I'll be out tomorrow during the day, so Sunday night it is. I believe the deadline's Saturday, but hopefully that'll be ok?

Ian
24-06-2011, 10:02 PM
I imagine such invariably-reliable and handsome chaps as us will be cut a little slack.

HughTower
25-06-2011, 09:39 AM
A very fortunate 4-1 win for 3 feet High and Rising despite HughTower's cunning and highly original strategy of fielding 12 players.

I highly recommend it as a tactic. It really does make the pitch seem a whole lot smaller.

President Weasel
25-06-2011, 10:28 AM
I cannot help but notice that you still lost.

groovychainsaw
25-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi Khryses, I'm back from my hols, sorry I've been away for so long! When's good for you? I got a slot tomorrow morning if that's any good? Let me know when works for you and I'll see if i can fit in the game!

/Edit - Just read back and noticed we're supposed to play by today. Errrm - any time today you can think of - I'm likely to be out for most of the afternoon...

Jolima
25-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Sunday is fine as well for those of you who need it.

groovychainsaw
26-06-2011, 11:44 AM
So, mine and Khryses game played out this morning, and I left with a resounding 2-0 victory! (The first time my ogres have scored twice!).

In brief, although i was missing 2 lvl 4 ogres from my previous match (one dead, one -1ma), Khryses helped me out by using 100k of his cash to buy a reroll. This gave me enough to hire a merc ogre, bringing me back to 5. Khryses won the toss and opted to receive. A bit of bashing/pushing occurred for a couple of turns whilst Khryses tried to bring down a wing (mostly populated by 1 ogre and a handful of snots). My left was holding up well, but the right was looking weaker. The ball came in there, but Khryses has left one of my ogres lying down in behind, with his ball carrier exposed from that side. A swift blitz later and the ball carrier was down and one of my snots has gone on an epic 3 dodge run to pick up the ball and scarper into Khryses half. This was swiftly curtailed the next turn by being hit by a wight and killed for his troubles. Still, the ball was lying on the floor for my turn and my ogre broke free of his man (good ole break tackle) and KO'd the wight. A nearby snot grabbed the ball and disappeared upfield. I tried to keep hitting, scoring a good few KO's, but by turn 7 I had to run it in as there was too much pressure on the ball (and the snot goes down easily!). This gave Khryses 2 chances at KO recovery, which I'd been trying to avoid. Still, after one turn of bashing, the second half began in the pouring rain this time with me receiving and one wight and one skeleton still Ko'd (his mummy had got back up though...). More my style, receiving and bashing, but a classic bug occurred where one of my ogres vanished from the field. Usually they return in a random location on kickoff, but this time he was off the pitch and had been replaced by a snotling. Great... down to 4 ogres for the second half meant some hasty thinking. I cage up round the ball and look to free a lineogre for ball carrying duties (I'm missing my ag3 ogre thanks to the last game). A bit of bashing gets my best ogre free, and he runs in to attempt the 5+ pickup. I didn't expect him to get it first time, even with a reroll, but he rolls a 6 and scoops it up off the rain-sodden grass. Good hands that man! The second half turns into a bit of a grind from here, with the classic 'reverse cage' from the ogres (heavy guy in the middle, snots on all corners) and the other ogres looking to bash holes About turn 12, I make a break for it and get clear of Khryses, thanks to some 2 turn stuns and some judicious stamping by my snots. Khryses attempts to get at least one player free, but I blitz his ghoul with my ball carrier and badly hurt him. A snot kills one of Khryses zombies and its basically the end of the game. Ogre runs it in, turn 16. Khryses gets double skulls on his first hit of the kickoff and ends the game with another badly hurt.

So... that was interesting. We were fairly closely matched on TV, Khryses getting me an extra ogre was surprisingly useful (for the first half at least). He got a LOT of pushes on my snots (which must have been pretty frustrating for him on 3 dice rolls) who proved resilient and very annoying (sidestep is really useful for getting in the way). Thick skull saved my ogres from KO's no less than 3 times, too, so they had obviously recovered some resilience after their capitulation in their last game.

Good game Khryses, things were definitely stacked against you today and my team had obviously decided they wanted to show what they could do after their last humbling defeat. Hopefully you picked up a few SPPs from snot-bashing and will be ok for your next game :-)

Ian
26-06-2011, 09:25 PM
For a game that I only lost by one, almost fluked to a 2-0 lead at one point and suffered zero permanent injuries that was an absolute dice nightmare. Aside from a tasty pass/catch/dodge touchdown in the first two turns and a blitz that almost allowed the aforementioned fluky 2-0 lead I passed almost nothing that wasn't a frivolous dodge roll.

ChainsawHands
26-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Ian got off to a good start, with a quite elfy TD on turn 2 and a blitz (combined with a surprisingly difficult to knock down sidestepping catcher) putting him very close to going 2-0 up. Eventually I was able to remove the players in my half, and trudge up the pitch to stall for a turn and score on turn 8.

It was sweltering heat for the entire match, which meant that, while we both got hit with missing players, I had enough subs to keep up but the injuries The Horny Goats had inflicted on Ian's Top to Toe is Spandex left them down several players. Combined with my natural ST advantage the second half was a fairly straightforward march up the pitch to score on turn 16, despite at least two double-skulls to eat my rerolls for me.

A fairly standard 2-1 grind for me, with Ian's injuries leaving him not enough on the pitch to get the win. Replay here. (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7gWWmac1yV8NjYzZWExZDYtZTlhYy00ZGI4LWEyN WItZTBmNGMwZDQ3ZDBm&hl=en_GB) Thanks to Ian for the game.

President Weasel
26-06-2011, 10:02 PM
All games played in round 3, it's time for round 4!

Jolima
26-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Yay! I've marked them up. Some interesting matches this round: Duffin, who has won every match so far faces of against 'Hands who is only a single draw away from the same distinction. Zoraster's halflings gets their chance to be the big boys as they take on Groovy's snotlings.

For myself, I'm playing HughTower. When suits? Sometime next weekend perhaps?

President Weasel
27-06-2011, 12:46 AM
And my orcs get to mutilate Arni's squeaky elves!
I may well lose the match, but then I'm not really playing the same game as everyone else this season. I'm sure those touchdowns are nice and all, but I yearn for the snapping and crunching sounds of broken players and shattered dreams.

When would you like your elves broken for you, Arni? I can do any evening this week, or the weekend if it suits.

Arnisarus
27-06-2011, 09:25 AM
And my orcs get to mutilate Arni's squeaky elves!
I may well lose the match, but then I'm not really playing the same game as everyone else this season. I'm sure those touchdowns are nice and all, but I yearn for the snapping and crunching sounds of broken players and shattered dreams.

When would you like your elves broken for you, Arni? I can do any evening this week, or the weekend if it suits.

Oh god this fills me with dread!, got much tackle !?!?

to be fair they are pretty broken already i think your orcs should go play in the ocean, next to a shark breeding ground.

on a less oh my god i'm going to die theme, well actually no on the exact theme, i can play tonight at 7:30 if you want :D otherwise any other night at 7:30 is good for me, except thursday.

President Weasel
27-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Let's play tonight at 7.30 then!
To be fair, it'll be the dice that determine the brokenness or otherwise of your elves. And as for tackle, due to my fear and hatred of amazons it's something I've been working on. I've only got two or three players with tackle, but one of those also has mighty blow and piling on.

Ian
27-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Looks like TEAM EPIC DRAW is set to duke it out.

So that's two different Blood Bowl leagues Laneford currently needs to play me in. D:

Zoraster
27-06-2011, 06:31 PM
So Groovy time to see who is the better tosser. I'm going to be well out of my comfort zone in this one... 'flings having a strength advantage over opposition linos and Trees being outnumbered by ST5 players will force a very different gameplan. Only ever had this match up once before, but that was in a novelty competition where no rostered rerolls were allowed, nerfing the Ogres big time.

So when do you want to get it on? I'm in a busy phase at the mo. Certainly can't do anything before Thursday. I have a lot of either/ors in my diary so it would probably be easier if you tell me what would work for you and I free a suitable window.

HughTower
27-06-2011, 09:14 PM
I cannot help but notice that you still lost.

Aah, but who cares about winning when you can cheat so magnificently obviously. I prefer to method roleplay my ratz, dontcha know?

President Weasel
27-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Arnisaurus's elves finally have a win on the board! My orcs on the the other hand, have a good haul of SPP from hurting elves.
In the first half the game gave the ball to my troll on a touchback, while I was trying to select someone else. predictably the ball stalled until the tree managed to get back up and do a blitz, then arni elfed up the ball and ran in for a touchdown.
I got one back by trundling a black orc up the pitch, which was the plan in the first place. Bah.

I'd also foolishly got my best elf-murderer Azlop (block, tackle, mighty blow, piling on) sent off fouling his tree and achieving only a stun. Sadness. A particularly poor move on my part, made worse by me thinking it was a different blitzer. There's no excuse for not checking, in a 4 minute game.
On the plus side my constant tree-punchery did eventually pay off. TIIMMMBER! The tree sat out the second half badly hurt.

In the second half, after Arni's quick elfy touchdown, I foolishly tried a 3+ pass with a thrower, who had the pass skill, meaning he had two chances to screw up rolling more than 2. He screwed up with panache!
Arni quickly elfed up the ball and etc etc.

At 3-1 down I got a touchback, gave the ball to a goblin, and unbelievably I managed to score the ballistic goblin one turn touchdown.

At 3-2 and with only 6 elves left I thought I had a chance of a draw, but arni (with the help of a lucky dodge or three) tied up all my potential assisters, leaving me needing to dodge a blitzer to get a one dice on his ball runner. I made the dodge, but with the wardancer having block, dodge, and sidestep I needed POW, and I got push. I rerolled push.

In the last turn I pulled back a fairly elfy touchdown for 4-3.

A game that was decided by bad decisions on my part and skilled taking advantage of the results of those decisions by Arni. Satisfying though, even though the two babes Arni hired kept his KO'd elves coming back for more, and the two apocs prevented any long term injuries (other than a gouged eye to a loner). 6 elves on the pitch at the end, but 4 touchdowns on the scoreboard. Well played Arni, well played.

HughTower
27-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Yay! I've marked them up. Some interesting matches this round: Duffin, who has won every match so far faces of against 'Hands who is only a single draw away from the same distinction. Zoraster's halflings gets their chance to be the big boys as they take on Groovy's snotlings.

For myself, I'm playing HughTower. When suits? Sometime next weekend perhaps?

I notice you're doing spiffingly yourself, Lord Jolima. The Vivis are due a good time and I'm afraid it'll be the end of the line for the Elves of the Line (Dance).

Next weekend sounds great. How about Saturday morning? Happy to do a 9 UK start...

HughTower
27-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Azlop is a little green sh*t and deserves everything he gets.

Just in case you're wondering what side of the fence I sat on...

President Weasel
27-06-2011, 09:29 PM
What did Azlop ever do to you?

HughTower
27-06-2011, 09:43 PM
What did Azlop ever do to you?

He went through my offense like a knife through hot Gutter Runners.

President Weasel
27-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Oh yeah... that.

Arnisarus
28-06-2011, 09:14 AM
He decided it would be best to allow the elves some attempts at standing up in our game, so he nicely sat it out for us :D

Best thing about the match, the 4TD's by the WD got her a skill up on + str and i had enough money to buy WD number 2 back YEY! i might actually start having some viable plays now

President Weasel
28-06-2011, 09:20 AM
A 4str wardancer? That's quite a scary thing.

Arnisarus
28-06-2011, 09:42 AM

This will lead to inevitable multiple blitzes and fouls i imagine she will die quite fast!

Either that or she will fall over and kill herself knowing my luck

Ian
28-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Somebody needs to kill that wardancer with fire.

As I said to Arnisarus on Steam last night, if a 4ST wardancer isn't horrendous enough I saw one on FUMBBL that was 5ST, 5AG.

Yes.

Luckily I didn't have to play against the fucking thing.

President Weasel
28-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Arni, we're talking about a str4 wardancer with block and dodge and sidestep. I was trying to hurt her for the entire match; it was my plan A. Now she's str4 she's going to be even harder to hurt.

Although if she ever does fall down for any reason I would expect a crowd to gather round to stamp on her face, and I wouldn't recommend leaping her into any cages...

Zoraster
28-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Zara is already counting the weeks until she can let loose with her stakes on that monstrosity. Don't care if I have to sack both my Trees to get enough inducements Operation Squash Wardancer will be in force :) Stab it to the turf then 8 man gang fouls ahoy :D

Arnisarus
28-06-2011, 03:01 PM
i think i'll leave her off the pitch for that one :D

Actually are we not scheduled to play next on the calendar?

Zoraster
28-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Nah, I've got 'Hands next round. Think we meet fairly late in the season. Can't say I've checked but as a 'fling coach you tend to keep an eye on TVs of your next 3/4 opponents and you haven't entered my awareness yet.

laneford
28-06-2011, 03:57 PM
EPIC DRAW! Ian I can play tonight, Thursday, or Saturday daytime. In the immortal words of that old dude from Indiana jones and the last crusade "choose wisely"

groovychainsaw
28-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi Zor! I'm fairly free friday, sat or sun. Sunday morning is ideal for me if that works for you? Halflings vs snotlings eh? That'll be... interesting, the two teams are quite similar in many ways. Still, at least my ogres should get some SPPs against some squishier opposition (and your halflings probably will, too ;-)).

Ian
28-06-2011, 04:33 PM
EPIC DRAW! Ian I can play tonight, Thursday, or Saturday daytime. In the immortal words of that old dude from Indiana jones and the last crusade "choose wisely"

It'll have to be Thursday or Saturday, for tonight I am out trying some of this "beer" I've heard so much about.

Zoraster
28-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Groovy; Sunday morning is doable. I have to pop over the sister-in-law’s place but could play you either early or late morning. If you have a similar body clock to me I can start 05:00-08:00 or if you are what my missus calls ‘normal’ 11:00-13:00 start is also an option. Anything there work for you?

drawlien
28-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Hi Khryses when do you want to play? I could probably play at 12 noon BST tomorrow (Wednesday) if that is good for you? Otherwise I could probably do any time on Saturday with enough warning or Sunday evening.

Jolima
28-06-2011, 10:28 PM
I notice you're doing spiffingly yourself, Lord Jolima. The Vivis are due a good time and I'm afraid it'll be the end of the line for the Elves of the Line (Dance).

Next weekend sounds great. How about Saturday morning? Happy to do a 9 UK start...

9 UK works well. See you then.

drawlien
29-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Spoke to Khryses on Steam and we're playing our match at 9pm BST on Friday.

groovychainsaw
29-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Hi zor, later in the morning on sun would be better than too early (5am?!). I'll Be on from around 9:30...

Zoraster
29-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Yeah, didn’t think you’d be up for that but if you never put it on the table... Will 11 be too late for you? I could be back for 10:30, or if I really pushed it 10:00, although that would more likely be getting in the door at 10, ready to play 10 minutes later.

For the record 05:00 is the best of the day at this time of year. Sun is up, the weather is fresh and the odious hordes are in bed. Heavenly.

President Weasel
29-06-2011, 10:36 PM
0500? the O stands for Oh My God, it's far too early!

laneford
30-06-2011, 11:52 PM
Ian's humans and my High Elves had a good old scrap for eight turns before the nuffle cast his disapproving eye over the Wrestling Humies (clearly he is not a fan of 'Sports Entertainment') and turned their armour into paper. This helpful development plus Ian's 'Pacifist' ogre 'The Big Show' decision to spend the majority of the game slack-jawed starting at the snowflakes falling onto the pitch, allowed me a 2-1 victory.

ahem.

I'm TOP OF THE LEAGUE! I've never been top of the league in all the bloody seasons we've done this (since it was proving league D). So, Mr Duffin, I order you to lose, to preserve my glory for a few days longer... (whoever's playing Duffin gets a Big Moot sandwich and a round of bloodweiser beer on me if you beat the living crap out of his Skinks. Oh and win the game too)

Ian
01-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I honestly can't remember if Laneford's first half luck was bad or just not great but I eventually managed a relatively drama-free 8-turn grind and then it all went to pot in the second half.

President Weasel
01-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Congratulanefords!
Enjoy your time in the sun at the top of the greasy pole of the ladder of success.

Ian
01-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Wait, is it a pole or a ladder?

President Weasel
01-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Laneford hit the bull's-eye hit and the rest of the dominoes fell like a house of cards...Checkmate.

Ian
01-07-2011, 11:23 AM
I do love a mixed metaphor. That that one is a Zapp-ism only makes it all the better.

duff
01-07-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm playing chainsawhands I think, did he say he would be away for a while or did I jus dream that up? Anway, 'hands, I can do Sat or Sun night, aswell as Mon or Wed night next week. My ambassador awaits your decision, your excellency.

drawlien
01-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Khryses are you around? We were meant to start our game 15 minutes ago...

Edit: Waited 30 minutes. Have to try and rearrange. :(

Khryses
02-07-2011, 02:50 AM
Sorry Drawlien, got home later than expected and (apparently) slept through both my alarms.

We'll have to arrange a backup time.

EDIT: Does your Sunday morning work for you? Will be home 6-6:30pm my time that day and be Steamable from then.

drawlien
02-07-2011, 09:23 AM
We've rearranged for 12 noon (BST) on Wednesday which looks like it is just within the deadline for this round.

Jolima
02-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Sorry laneford, You've been replaced at the top. You didnt make any requests for me losing, so I figure that's ok? :) (BTW, proving league D was what turned into the divisions, not this one.)

I won 2-1 in an exciting match against HughTower's Skaven. I started out receiving, had a quick turnover and the GR were swarming in on the carrying thrower. He broke away and passed it up to a catcher who ran half way into the Skaven half with only a blitzer for support. Enough rats could reach them to steal the ball and move it sideways to the other half of the field into a 3-rat cage. My 4ST lineelf got a blitz in and I stole the ball back, scoring soon after.

Next drive I tried to stall Hugh while he slowly moved a big swarm of rats forward. Eventually he made a leap with his GR on the final turn of the half. That worked, but the second neccesary GFI came up snake eyes ending the half 1-0 to me.

It was the rats turn to start again and this time they made a fairly straightforward two or three turn touchdown for 1-1.

My drive again and I knew I would have to score on the very last turn to prevent a counter from the skaven. I tried playing it slow, but eventually lost the ball when a GR blitzed straight into a half-formed cage. I reclaimed it the next turn with a blitz of my own and passed the ball to a blitzer who was mostly protected. On the second to last turn I did a Nuffle defying hand-off to a catcher 1SPP away from level 3 and a pass to my other blitzer who was 3SPP away from level 4. Amazingly it worked out and the blitzer scored on the final turn after a failed half-die blitz by a GR.

Luck was quite balanced and injuries were kept low (although I kept the apo from saving a 15 SPP lineman with -1MV who died). All in all, a very fun game.

President Weasel
02-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Laneford's brief, glorious moment in the sun at the top of the greasy pole has collapsed like a stepladder than wasn't set up properly.

laneford
02-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Jolima you've thrown a black kettle through the windows of my glass house, proving an englishman's home is truly where the heart grows fonder through his stomach, as I, from 2nd place, realise it was better to have been 1st and lost for want of a horse.

Or something.

ChainsawHands
02-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Sunday night, duff?

duff
02-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Hey, I'm now playing Chainsawhands in the 'divisions' tommorow night (I think that deadline is closer than ours), is any of mon / tues / wed night any good for you?

HughTower
02-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Jolima you've thrown a black kettle through the windows of my glass house, proving an englishman's home is truly where the heart grows fonder through his stomach, as I, from 2nd place, realise it was better to have been 1st and lost for want of a horse.

Or something.

It's as funny as being tickled by a Cheshire cat.

Keep up the good work, chaps.

Zoraster
03-07-2011, 05:48 PM
This morning my doughty ‘flings took on Groovy’s Ogres in a battle for tier 3 honour. Personally I was dreading this game as I had no real experience of the match-up. The return of Groovy’s AG3/Block monster was an added concern. With lots of Break Tackle but no Guard I decided my best hope was try and keep the Ogres penned in with the three Trees and trust in Bonehead to limit the one/two die chances.

In the event things worked out ideally. A perfect defence allowed me to force some additional early contact where Groovy had attempted to avoid any, and Groovy did play into my hands somewhat by pushing the whole team over on one side of the pitch, allowing me to partition off 75% of the field from the off.

I lost an early chance to surf an Ogre as I wasn’t sure if the stab pop up preventing dauntless bug was still present or not. Because of this I tried to get a ‘fling over to assist for the guaranteed one die hit but he failed the dodge (for the record the bug is fixed as I discovered later in the match).

Groovy had been beset with ones after foolishly injuring Nuffle in the 2nd turn, burning his final reroll early in the 4th turn. When his ball carrier ended the turn failing a BT dodge it looked like Snots had shot their bolt. Frenzy gave them a lifeline as a Tree snake eyed a GFI but the Ogres were hopelessly hemmed in with the ball yet to cross the halfway line and time becoming a factor. Out of rerolls and nowhere to go.

Frenzy knocked the ball loose and recovered it. Snots blitzed down the ‘fling, but had to take the both down option forcing the turnover before they could address the loose ball. This left the AG4 ‘fling free to pick up and utilise his sure feet to get out of range of everyone bar a single snotling. The half die blitz failed and Frenzy took a 1-0 lead at the interval.

Groovy had a nightmare beginning to the second half, losing 3 rerolls to the chef and having all three ogres on the left of the pitch going bonehead. This again allowed me to start trying to herd the Ogres into the woods and limit the impact of Ogre pace & Break Tackle.

I broke down the flank before a last ditch assault from the AG3/block monster prevented the second score. However the game was all but done, with all Groovy’s AG3 players too deep to score without tossing a snotling into position and only one AG2 player having any chance of reaching the end zone before time ran out.

Groovy now needed a miracle play just to keep the game alive for the final turn. The Ogre in my half blitzed down and injured his marker before advancing to the very edge of scoring range. Hero Snotling pulled off some typical crazy dodging before a very atypical pick-up in 2 TZs and an even more unusual huge pass that needed a 5 just to avoid a fumble. Alas the luck ran out and the AG2 catch failed, but the ball scattered to one of three squares that would allow the Ogre to pick-up and still be able to reach the end zone.

I tossed a fling back and marked the ball. I could have sat on the Ogre forcing a second non-BT dodge as he couldn’t afford movement to hit sideways, but he would have been an assist for a potential thrown snot blitz and I felt the additional negative modifier to the pick-up was sufficient, pushing the success percentage down into the mid-teens.

Final turn of the game saw Groovy needing 4 2+ rolls (Bonehead, BT dodge and GFIs) plus the tricky 5+ pick up. It was all a bit of an anti-climax as the dumb Ogre carried on the theme of the day by going bonehead. 1-0 win for Frenzy.

ChainsawHands
03-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Any time from now should be good for me, duff - I've steamfriendinated you, so send me a message through that.

laneford
03-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Any time from now should be good for me, duff - I've steamfriendinated you, so send me a message through that.

I'm supposed to be playing Duff tonight (in the Divisions) as well, I think he's double booked himself 'hands.

ChainsawHands
03-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Hmm. This is the last chance I'll have to play him before the deadline's up.

ChainsawHands
04-07-2011, 04:20 PM
So... duff had double-booked himself for yesterday and played his divisions match instead (with hindsight that was what his earlier message meant, but he confused me by saying he was playing "ChainsawHands" when he meant someone else). There's a slim chance I might be able to play tonight, and similar for Thursday, but Friday would be the next time I know I'm free. We may need to ask for an extension from the powers that be.

duff
04-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Aye ChainsawHands, I jus re-read my message above and I stupidly put your name instead of Lanefords. I'm such an idiot! Sorry for the confusion mate, if we can't get a small extension give the win to ChainsawHands. Also tonight is pretty much out for me, I am certainly free on Tues night but also Thurs or Fri.

Jolima
04-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Play on Thursday or Friday then.

ChainsawHands
05-07-2011, 12:38 AM
duff - now that I know what you meant it's obvious, but originally I just skimmed the thread, saw "I'm playing ChainsawHands" and... well. ;-) I'm away on a training course, will be leaving after it's done on Thursday, but depending on when it finishes, traffic etc. it could be anything from 6 to 10pm before I'm home, so I can't really commit to a time but I'll hop on Steam if it's not too late. Friday I'm free - shall we say 7pm on Friday if I can't make Thursday?

Jolima - thanks!

duff
05-07-2011, 06:05 AM
Cool, if you catch me on steam thurs night then give me a shout and we will play, otherwise I should be free for 7pm on Fri. Thanks Jolima.

drawlien
06-07-2011, 09:45 PM
My Amazons played Khryses' Undead today and the girls rather excelled themselves, running in 4 touchdowns with none in reply.

The deaders started well, K.O.'ing about 4 ladies but their drive stalled a bit and the ball was knocked lose and run in for a defensive TD. The Amazons started the second half with a measured drive and scored on the 12th turn at which point they went a bit mad and managed to grab the ball in the backfield and score twice with a little help from a Blitz kick-off. About 8 Amazons must have been K.O.'d during the match but only one injured which was only a BH. In return they managed to BH one of only 2 ghouls (on a foul) and break the hip of a skellie.

Thanks to Khryses for the match, sorry it was a bit one-sided.

ChainsawHands
08-07-2011, 09:23 PM
And that's the league ready to be moved on - 2-1 to duff's Skinkinators.

Jolima
08-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Which means Dufin is back in the lead again.

I've moved us on to the next round and marked those up in the spreadsheet.

President Weasel, I have the honour of facing you this time. I'm pretty much wide open at the moment, so just say when you can play or find me on Steam when I'm online.

groovychainsaw
08-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Ian, its your spandex-clad warriors vs my snots next up - when's good for you? I'm perfectly free for a saturday or sunday morning game right now. We can see if 6 ogres beats 1!

President Weasel
08-07-2011, 10:38 PM
How about right now? I;m kind of drunk, but I'm playing orcs :)

President Weasel
09-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Many, many elfs snapped in our match, but only one of them mildy died. The score was 1-1. It was fun times!
Well, two of them died but the second one was just a linelf and the first one got apoced to safety. In turn 4. Which left Jolima with no apoc for most of the game. Jolima brought about ninety five elves with him, so despite the casualties he was able to field a full team for the second half. I came pretty close to scoring, pushing my block/dodge/sidestep blitzer to within a couple of squares of the line, and only pow or wrestle would have stopped him. Sadly for me, Jolima managed to reach him using dodge and go for its, and blitz him using dodge and go for its, and get wrestle, all with no rerolls. The ball bounced off the pitch and was thrown on out of reach of anybody, and the game ended in a probably deserved draw. Jolima's bench next week will be full of groin-strained, leg-fractured wounded elfs, so it looks like Duffin will line his lizards up against 10 elfs and a merc.

edit - just noticed the relative team values. We went into this match with exactly the same TV, 1850; Jolima's team now shows as 1460 which means I killed or MNG'ed 390K worth of elfs. And it still wasn't enough to get me the game!

Jolima
09-07-2011, 08:57 PM
I now only have 10 players left to face Duffin's murdering lizardmen next game. We'll see how many come out of that game.

I got double fives on a blitzer who already has guard, dodge and tackle. Any advice? I'm thinking Mighty Blow or possibly +MA.

Thanks for the game PW.

Edit: That blitzer has 6 out of 15 MVPs for my team! (15 who are still in the team at least.)

Zoraster
10-07-2011, 10:35 AM
So Mr Hands you are next on my dance card. As ever I can be very flexible with ample notice. Wednesday is out unless you can start by 17:00 but otherwise at the time of writing I can probably make space for you anywhere that takes your fancy.

laneford
10-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Arnisaurus! We have a battle to the traditional death to occur! I am around today, or most of the evenings this week.

Let me know what suits.

Arnisarus
10-07-2011, 12:33 PM
hey dude today suits me, i've got some work to do now for a couple of hours but im good after that are you around this evening bout 8 ish ?

Ian
10-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Ian, its your spandex-clad warriors vs my snots next up - when's good for you? I'm perfectly free for a saturday or sunday morning game right now. We can see if 6 ogres beats 1!

Hey groovy, sorry for the belated response.

Dunno when I'll be able to do today, what weeknight/time works for you?

laneford
10-07-2011, 01:01 PM
hey dude today suits me, i've got some work to do now for a couple of hours but im good after that are you around this evening bout 8 ish ?

That sounds fine to me. See you then.

President Weasel
10-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Hey groovy, sorry for the belated response.

Dunno when I'll be able to do today, what weeknight/time works for you?

I haven't played him yet, so if you could kill or cripple, oh, roughly all of his ogres, that would be grand.
Especially the one who can actually pick up the ball. That is a horrific freak of nature and should be cleansed from the face of the Earth with burny, burny fire.

groovychainsaw
10-07-2011, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't worry pw, he got a broken leg and has a tendency to forget his instructions every other turn. It's the other 5 'blitzers' you need to worry about ;).
@Ian - any weeknight should be pretty good for me, or maybe tonight if you get free...

drawlien
10-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi Hughtower when would you like to play our game? I can play today starting up until 8pm or most nights this week apart from Thursday from 7.30 to 8.30 start.

Edit: Just noticed we're due to play the 1st match of the DoD season as well!

Arnisarus
10-07-2011, 08:01 PM
That sounds fine to me. See you then.

I'm in BB ready and waiting dude added you on steam too

Ian
11-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Right then groovy you horrible man. What time d'you want to play tonight?

Arnisarus
11-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Laneford and I played our match last night, i've updated the spreadsheet, here's what i can remember:

3 Feet high and rising 2 - 4 Dar Wance

So the match started out like any elfy game would, Laneford opting to kick to me, i blitzed a hole and covered as many gaps as i could, Laneford managed to blitz my ball carrier to the ground freeing the ball, a leap here and a blitz there followed by a dodge a pick up and 2 GFI's scored me the first TD in turn 2.

0 - 1

Laneford's turn, similar affair a hole is blitzed, some runners move down the field, i cover as many players as possible, the ball gets run down passed run a bit further handed off and then in for the TD i think the turns are now 3 - 3 the score

1-1

The next 2 turns see me doing almost exactly the same play utilising the st4 wardancer to make lovely 2 dice blitzes :D and freeing up other players to cover, this time no blitz gets to my ball carrier and its run in next turn.

1-2

Again more elfy throwing and dodging sees laneford with 8 bazillion players to cover, i dont cover them all and the ball goes hurtling toward the end zone

2-2

at this point i think it was my turn 7, i had lost a few players to injury or KO, and was running a team of 8 vs the 11 (i did manage a ko on one blitzer who stayed down for a very long time!, but there was a sub) anywho i did the same old blitzing a gap with the st4 WD covering as much as possible to stop return blitzes, my guy is within TD distance for next turn, but gets blitzed... bah! i do the elfy thing and try for some crazy dodging and throwing, my new WD dodges away and runs to the end zone, St4 WD (who shall now be known as miss invincible to laneford) nudges a guy out of the way leaving my thrower with 2 GFI and a long pass + a guy with catch stood in the path.... he runs ... he goes for it without failing! he passes... Shouts of "STOP" "DESIST" appear from laneford... the intercept fails twice :P the catch is successfull for a turn 8 td.

2-3

Laneford bashes some people for his final turn one more in ko land...

Halftime!

Now here's where our elf game turns to an orc with no hands game, except the first few turns.

I kick to laneford, everything is pretty standard elfyness holes are blitzed players are moved a double skull is re rolled (that bit is important) miss invicible is taken down but sidesteps toward high elf land. a dodge is made, which fails! and theres no re roll.

Miss invincible has jump up, and is in range of mr AV7 thrower, a dodge and a GFI later sees the ball free with no high elves in range except the thrower who is on the floor.

Lanefords unlucky turn begins, elves are moved into range, no one can blitz some unimportant blocks are made, the catcher stands up dodges away moves back into get the ball then ... fails his re rolled pickup.

Elves cover elves, it all hangs on miss invincible, a double dice blitz sees her downing the thrower, a successfuly pickup has her trotting in the ball.

2-4

Now the game goes horrible, Laneford manages a good cage, unusual tactic with elves i think... i notice i have a wizard, the fireball comes in and takes out 4 of the guys in the cage, one of which gets an injury apocd to badly hurt. miss invincible blitzes and causes the ball to be dropped, right into the hands of another high elf, i cover everyone else.

The ball is moved around a bit after this multiple passes and pickups are failed by both teams... mine with an ag 5 player ... ! nothing eventful happens, except the high elves try to stomp on miss invincible who doesnt bat an eyelid... her time is short i just know it.

end of game

WD 2 gets a mightyblow for her efforts :D

HughTower
11-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi Hughtower when would you like to play our game? I can play today starting up until 8pm or most nights this week apart from Thursday from 7.30 to 8.30 start.

Edit: Just noticed we're due to play the 1st match of the DoD season as well!

Oh god, it's you. Frak. *

I'd rather look at the weekend if you don't mind. Work's a tad draining at the moment so midweek evenings are no fun. Maybe a double header starting on Sunday morning?

* this is obviously meant a loving way. Like when an elder brother enters the room with the sole intention of knocking you to the floor, pinning you with his knees and 'doing the typewriter' to your head.

duff
11-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi Khryses, its me and you to play next I think. When is a good time for you?

laneford
11-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Invincible Warbastard more like.

ChainsawHands
12-07-2011, 09:50 AM
So Mr Hands you are next on my dance card. As ever I can be very flexible with ample notice. Wednesday is out unless you can start by 17:00 but otherwise at the time of writing I can probably make space for you anywhere that takes your fancy.

3pm on Sunday?

groovychainsaw
12-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Sorry Ian, turns out I was unavailable last night! How's Weds night suit you?

Zoraster
12-07-2011, 11:15 AM
3pm on Sunday?

That'll be grand.

Ian
12-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Wednesday/tomorrow works assuming tonight doesn't. What time's best? I can start pretty much from about 6.30pm, and an earlier start would probably suit me but I can do later if that's best.

groovychainsaw
12-07-2011, 04:24 PM
How's 7:30 tomorrow night work? Sound ok? I'm supposed to eat some food with the missus before she goes out, so any earlier might be pushing it :-)

Ian
12-07-2011, 06:51 PM
We'll go for that, then. :)

drawlien
13-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Oh god, it's you. Frak. *

I'd rather look at the weekend if you don't mind. Work's a tad draining at the moment so midweek evenings are no fun. Maybe a double header starting on Sunday morning?

* this is obviously meant a loving way. Like when an elder brother enters the room with the sole intention of knocking you to the floor, pinning you with his knees and 'doing the typewriter' to your head.

I don't know what I've done to elicit such horror, but at least I may get some advantage from it... :P

I can't do Sunday morning and I may not be able to do Saturday and/or Sunday due to playing cricket. If you don't mind short notice we may still be able to play at the weekend, otherwise which weekday night would be least painful?

President Weasel
13-07-2011, 10:26 AM
I don't know what I've done to elicit such horror

It might have a little something to do with the fact that your Whamazons destroyed most of the teams in the Open last time and ran away with the league. I'm just guessing.

groovychainsaw
14-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Me and Ian played our game last night, and despite repeated attempts to punch his players in the head, it appears my ogres weren't feeling all that aggressive. They did do a pretty good job of passing the ball around, though....

Final score 2-1 to Ian, my ogres still struggle to contain a passing play (only having MA5 players does not help ;-), but a very fortunate pitch invasion at the opening of the second half gave me the opportunity for a breakaway touchdown early in the second half (having had a similar opportunity at the end of the first denied after a failed catch). Managed to make it reasonably close though, which is as much as I can hope for from my ogres. I did miss my 2 diving tackle snots that were killed in the previous match more than I expected though.

Got another level for an ogre, who gained multiple block to go with break tackle and juggernaut. I'm not sure if that is in any way useful, but there aren't many other skills left on the strength branch that would be, I need some more doubles :-). Onward towards rats next, hopefully they will prove more punchable (although they will probably score 4 past me - and their rat ogre has CLAWS? Must stamp on him...)

Ian
14-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Yeah, was a very close game and we both had our moments of great and atrocious luck. The main issue for groovy was that when his bonehead rolls failed they failed in splurges and my players held up pretty well against the mighty blow. The two things ogres could really do without. :-P

I regret to inform everyone that I completely failed to maim any of his ogres. Not even his AG3/block/break tackle bastard.

Can multiple block only be used on normal blocks and not blitzes? If so I might've been tempted to give that ogre guard, groovy. Purely to make him a bit of a mobile assist unit. But I'm sure you'll find plenty of opportunities to use multiple block. Just remember to do the maths properly beforehand. :D

groovychainsaw
14-07-2011, 10:29 AM
I find my ogres don't need much in the way of assistance, and snots usually provide a +1 when needed, so guard is a nice to have, rather than an essential for them. Multiple block means he can get one dice blocks against any str3 players left next to him. He's still generally a blitzer, but if people gang up on him, he can (possibly) take 2 rather than one out. I'm not sure if its a great idea yet, but that one turn he scores 2 injuries in one hit, or takes 2 corners off a cage might be fun (plus its usually easy to get snots helping to get the +1's to push the maths back in my favour)

Ian
14-07-2011, 11:04 AM
I was thinking more for the long-term. Once you're playing teams riddled with guard then the more you have to maintain your advantage the better.

They've both got their upside though, and whilst I've the minimum of experience with ogres I'd imagine you don't need all of them to have it early anyway.

HughTower
14-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Onward towards rats next, hopefully they will prove more punchable (although they will probably score 4 past me - and their rat ogre has CLAWS? Must stamp on him...)

Bad Groovy.

Billy's been looking forward to meeting his distant ogre cousins immensely and has promised to sheath his claws specially.

Not sure how much currency a rat's promise has but at least the thought's there, no?

President Weasel
14-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Billy Big Bollocks is officially the only thing in the Open scarier than Azlop.

duff
15-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Khryses my dear boy, where are you?

laneford
15-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Billy Big Bollocks is officially the only thing in the Open scarier than Azlop.

I hope Billy hasn't forgotten that time he was put out of action by one of my most effeminate high elves.

drawlien
16-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Unfortunately HughTower's fears were realised as my Amazons rather brutalised his skaven this morning. 9 casualties were inflicted on the rats including 2 deaths and at least one other Serious Injury in return for only one of the ladies getting taken out. This made it difficult for the rats to stem the tide and in the end the game finished 4 - 0 in favour of the Pink Patisserie Panthers.

Thanks for the game HughTower, I hope your team isn't too crippled for the next match.

Zoraster
17-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Hands and I just had an entertaining opening period in our match before weather intervened; unfortunately weather at Castle Hands rather than on the pitch. Hands lacked the reconnection-fu I displayed against Weasel so the game came to an abrupt end. It was a shame as it was very finely poised with a loose ball in midfield and either side capable of scoring with one good turn before the break.

Looks like we are struggling to get a replay in; I’m off to a family function today and we are both struggling tomorrow. After that Hands isn’t open until Thursday. We are going to attempt to meet up tomorrow night but failing that I guess we will have to settle for an admin result... well unless Jol is willing to extend all the way to the end of the week.

ChainsawHands
18-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Yeah, thunderstorm overhead and I lost connection. Later on the power went out for around 8 hours, so that was fun. ;-)

Hopefully Thor's wrath will be appeased and things will work out tonight!

Jolima
18-07-2011, 09:08 PM
So Khryses is missing and will get a loss. I hope 'Hands and Zoraster will get to play this evening. If not, Thursday seems like a long delay. I'm not sure what result to give though. It was arguably 'Hands fault that the game wasn't played, but a draw still seems fairest. Still hope the match will take place, but I think it'll have to be a draw otherwise. (Feel free to argue.)

Zoraster
18-07-2011, 09:22 PM
I'd certainly call it a draw Jol. Act of god and all that, and although I had turned over the ball a failed GFI (sure footed to boot) had thrown the half right back in balance. Certainly couldn't say I was robbed of a win; if anything I'll benefit as Hands obscene quantities of strength would have told as the game wore on.

Hopefully Hands will make it back in the next 20 minutes though and it will be moot :)

Zoraster
19-07-2011, 06:02 AM
We made it :) In the haste to make the match before the little flings had to go to bed it appears the chaos side neglected to don their armour. An early splurge of KO and CAS through block and fouls put the Goats on the back foot and they were never really able to regain the initiative. There was a moment midway in the 2nd half when they appeared on the verge of reaching the tipping point and setting off the domino effect but the flings rallied and didn’t lose another player until the closing turns.

Frenzy got the big rolls at the big moments to secure the 1-0 win and maintain the unbeaten start. Hands suffered a dearth of POWs which is never good against stunty opposition and seemed to save the good rolls for the least important moments.

All-in-all I'm sure it was a very frustrating game for Hands but he took it in good spirit. I struggle to sympathise though as he yet again failed to heed warnings and chose to keep punching Nuffle. Asking for trouble.

Jolima
19-07-2011, 10:37 AM
I've moved the league on and marked up the new matches. Duffin, I can play most times, when is free for you?

Ian
19-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Khryses, when works for you? I imagine weekends if you're playing a UKer.

duff
19-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Hi Jolima, was this the first match Khryses missed or where there some others? Regards to our game this week I can play thurs or fri evening and probably anytime Saturday, next week I can probably do Mon/Tues/Wed night.

Jolima
19-07-2011, 11:20 AM
He played the match before that at least, I think the match against Groovy may have been a forfeit as well?

Let's try for Thursday evening. Around 7 pm BST?

duff
19-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Thursday at 7 sounds good.

President Weasel
19-07-2011, 02:42 PM
My Storm Boyz are scheduled to play Laneford's 3 Feet High and Rising this week, once again hoping more for SPPs than victory in their quest to get a team full of tackle and guard before they meet the whamazons... a bunch of green Ahabs chasing the white whale of not getting beaten by Drawlien just one glorious time. Anyway Laneford, when would you like to play?

laneford
19-07-2011, 04:57 PM
My Storm Boyz are scheduled to play Laneford's 3 Feet High and Rising this week, once again hoping more for SPPs than victory in their quest to get a team full of tackle and guard before they meet the whamazons... a bunch of green Ahabs chasing the white whale of not getting beaten by Drawlien just one glorious time. Anyway Laneford, when would you like to play?

Hello sir! I can do this own fine evening, or otherwise from saturday all the way through next week.

President Weasel
19-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Let us play this evening then, my fine fellow! Shall we say 7 of the clock?

drawlien
19-07-2011, 08:32 PM
a bunch of green Ahabs chasing the white whale of not getting beaten by Drawlien just one glorious time

Surely I'm not the only one that ruthlessly beats you every time? I still can't work out why you hate being beaten by me so much when I have such a good time!

Or is it just you need to beat me in order to prove your theory that Amazons are actually a bit rubbish? :-P

President Weasel
19-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Laneford's filthy elves filthily dodged their way to victory. It was 1-1 and I was trundling down the pitch towards my well deserved win, with my ball carrier safely ensconsced in a side of the pitch half-cage. The Laneford 5+ dodged his way in, shunted my carrier off the pitch, and watched the ball land on the other side of the pitch, in my half, a few squares away from his unmarked player and miles from any of mine. It was a simple matter for him to run it in unopposed, and my attempt to get a ballistic goblin one-turner went the way these things almost always do. 2-1 to Laneford, but his players will remember mine while several of them sit out the next game.

And Drawlien, you're spoiling a perfectly good theory by being too damn good at this game, and a stop must be put.

laneford
19-07-2011, 09:16 PM
It was a shame that Bob the wonder black orc didn't save the day for you.

Zoraster
19-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Drawl when do you wish to face the might of the hairy footed horde? A weekend morning up to 08:00 would work. Later on Saturday is probably not possible, but Sunday any time from noon onwards should be good. Next week you can pretty much name your time at the moment.

drawlien
19-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Drawl when do you wish to face the might of the hairy footed horde? A weekend morning up to 08:00 would work. Later on Saturday is probably not possible, but Sunday any time from noon onwards should be good. Next week you can pretty much name your time at the moment.

I've got Monday off so would sometime during the day be OK say 4pm? Otherwise Sunday afternoon about 3pm would be best.

Zoraster
20-07-2011, 05:11 AM
Yep, I'm normally wrapping up my days work around then so Monday will be fine. If possible it would help if we could make it a wee bit earlier – say 15:30 – to avoid running into food prep time. The missus does like her supper to be ready pretty much as soon as she gets home.

drawlien
20-07-2011, 08:19 AM
15.30 on Monday it is then!