PDA

View Full Version : League of Legends?

Codor
17-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Having been at the London social event and found a few fellow people who play whilst seeing no obvious thread here- anyone other LoL players wanting to avoid the flamefest that is solo queue by grouping up? I found a few up for some games- anyone else interested? Add me in game+post names here if so, same name there for me: Codor.

Miker
17-07-2011, 04:56 PM
I play on the NA server, but it's really only with friends. If anyone wants to add me, though, I'm Mikerrrrr, and completely awful at the game.

RiseandShock
17-07-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm on the EU and NA server as Vextrinity, don't really play on the NA server much it's mostly to have a chance to play with NA Rioters and other fancy people, I think I'm decent at the game xp

Malawi Frontier Guard
17-07-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm started playing again this week on EU as Malawi Frontier. I only play Janna!

smokingkipper
28-07-2011, 09:53 AM
I would be up for trying the game if I could group up with some RPS guys...What do you think guys? Think we can get a team game going? (europe)

join95278
28-07-2011, 09:57 AM
I think I'm decent at the game xp http://www.ywseo.net/seo4.jpghttp://www.ywseo.net/signature.jpg
http://www.ywseo.net/ipage1.jpghttp://www.ywseo.net/fatcow1.jpg

Irishjohn
28-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Sorry to jump in the middle of your organizing lads, but I've never played LoL and I'm a bit put of by this "flame war" stuff I hear about. Is it that obnoxious to jump in and play with strangers?

Vexing Vision
28-07-2011, 03:20 PM
The first 5 to 10 levels are horrible. Then it starts becoming fun, because you usually get to team up with mostly reasonable people. At least on the European servers.

TheLastBaron
28-07-2011, 07:06 PM
I play on the US servers, but I could make an EU account. I'd say I'm pretty good, at least against the people I'm being matched with I do good.

man-eater chimp
28-07-2011, 07:19 PM
EU West - mechimp

Tis a bloody addictive game.

cosmicolor
29-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Provided that we can all get together for a game then I'd be in, if I'm going to inflict this game onto myself then I might as well have a full team of reasonable people to do it with.

EU West - cosmicolor

TheLastBaron
30-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Hmmm, HoN is now also F2P, As someone who played DotA it looks more appealing, but LoL is what all my friends play and I'd have to learn all the new heroes and items

Malawi Frontier Guard
02-08-2011, 07:40 PM
I now remember why people have such a bad experience with the community. I've watched a friend play a couple of very low level matches and it is the worst thing. Ragequitting and shit-talking players every game without any skill to at least back it up.

That must have slipped my mind since I started playing when the game came out, but then dropped it for at least a year or so. Maybe it was different back then. Past level 15 you still get the occasional dunderhead, but at least they don't blame you all the time when they run into a tower at the start of the game.

President Weasel
02-08-2011, 09:04 PM
I am just downloading the game right now, would anyone like to give a total noob some pointers?
I kind of wish I'd picked "dunderhead" after rereading MFG's post, but my username is PresidentWeasel on EU West

Codor
02-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Play with people you know is honestly my #1 tip if at all possible, sad but true :). I started with people who were unemployed but got jobs (the bastards!) and therefore don't play as much anymore, and played with them to 30 which is one of the reasons I love the game- so many good, fun games in the way up... Otherwise- find a champ you like and stick with it while you learn mechanics. And google champion guides when you are starting- some very good ones which can teach you how to be competent at least, and much more early on.

lasikbear
02-08-2011, 09:47 PM
@Pres Weasel, There is at least a nice tutorial (think its gotten better since I last played it) and if you just want to learn things there's a Co-op vs AI mode where people tend to be nice (well, quiet at least). That should also help you avoid the pain of some of the lower levels, after level 5 things already should get better as you can avoid high level players making accounts for referrals (get a new champion with 10 referrals).

Malawi Frontier Guard
02-08-2011, 11:03 PM
The tutorial match which comes up after the basic tutorial gives you a bit less than 500 IP, enough to buy a cheap champion and runes to fill out your available slots. You don't have to buy a champion though. I recommend only buying those you already played when they were on rotation and actually liked.

Play all of the champions in a given rotation at least once to familiarize yourself with their abilities and play, it will help you make better decisions during the match. Note in particular which champions have crowd control abilities as they can put you in a very nasty position very quickly.

For runes, I wouldn't bother with tier 2 and just stick to the cheap tier 1 until you reach level 20, when you can start buying tier 3 runes. You will have more IP to spend on the more expensive champions in the long run. Runes are not a big deal in the early levels, just make sure you fill them up.
Here is a guide to help you make decisions once you get to tier 3. (http://runeterra.com/forums/index.php?topic=1137)

Co-op vs AI mode
Do not play on intermediate difficulty early on though. The AI gets more gold apparently and it is possible to lose easily if you're not careful. Beginner, however, is very very easy.

As for actual play:

The default lane distribution is 2-1-2. Two players top, one in the middle, two at the bottom. In early normal games you will see several people going one lane and leaving one unattended, things like that. Try to nudge them in the right direction a bit. Stick to your tower before minions spawn. At most, go into the closer grass if you're at top or bottom lane, but only if you can get there immediately. Lower level players have this unending desire to gank you from the grass closer to you tower at level one, so watch our for that.

Later on you will see junglers, which means someone who instead of farming in lanes kills creeps in the areas in between, called the jungle. This usually means your distribution will be 1-1-2, leaving more creep kills for the top lane unless the enemy team does not have a jungler of their own, in which case top lane will be playing more conservatively.
Look for smite on the loading screen to spot junglers, and be wary when they come out of the long grass ready to kill you. They will have picked up buffs from stronger creeps in the jungle, of which there are two on either team's side, and be quite a threat if you're not careful. In the long run you will need to guess when to expect a gank by a jungler depending on his route.

Learn to last hit minions. This is an important skill to learn. Experienced players do not autoattack enemy minions in the laning phase, but wait until allied minions reduced their health enough that a single hit from you kills them, giving them a small amount of gold for the kill. You will have to learn how low the enemy health bars can go before you need to move in and start your attack animation. If your lane goes badly and enemies prevent you from getting last hits, try to at least stay in range to get experience and wait for the minions to get pushed back to your tower, where you can farm safely.
This is another reason why you only last hit minions. If you autoattack and use abilities, your minion wave will get pushed to the enemy tower, exposing you to ganks from the river and making it hard for you to last hit properly.

Play conservatively. Do not tower dive, that is running into range of an enemy tower to kill a champion until you are high enough level and know you can get away with it.
Do not face-check bushes, that is walking into the long grass when you don't know where your enemies are unless you are a tank with your team nearby or you're sure you can get away with it.
If you have low health and get away from a fight and an ally is still engaging the enemy, do not run back to get an ability or two off unless you are sure you can get away with it.

There is a pattern here. Knowing what you can get away with is what separates good players from bad ones. Until you learn this, just try to stay back a bit, even when your teammates scream at you.

solomid.net (http://solomid.net/) is a good site if you're looking for guides for particular champions. Make sure the guide you read is both current and approved to be on the safe side.

Finally, don't get discouraged by shit-talking, and have fun with the game.

cosmicolor
02-08-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm gonna back up the suggestion for co-op vs ai, the people I've played with so far in that are generally quiet or are even cool people, there's been minimal shit-talking so far. If you're low level like me I'm up for forming a team and just messing around in PvP.

sabrage
03-08-2011, 06:32 AM
I don't play that much anymore, but you can add me@Sabrage on the US servers. Might want to throw me an invite on Steam as well, because I'm more likely to be on that than the LoL client.

I've been playing since ~Feb last year, so I guess I can throw a few tips here and there but I wouldn't describe myself as a very patient teacher.

darkripper
03-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Hi guys, longtime RPS lurker (and sometime RPS commenter - and also used to be a RPS Eve Corp member).
I used to play on NA servers but recently my ping went bad so I've created a new account on EU West. My account there is darkeripper. I'd love to play with other RPS people because the game is so much better with people you know and voice chat and I'd like to avoid the horrors of solo queue.

dave
03-08-2011, 04:03 PM
@president weasel

Hold on arent you jim or smugs or someone?

RPSH vent if you are, sorry if your not.

President Weasel
03-08-2011, 05:33 PM
awright eben, I was the mighty Barahir/Agile

cosmicolor
05-08-2011, 02:02 AM
I've added a couple of you to my friends list, whereas I am away this weekend we should arrange something after I get back on Monday.

Doss0311
26-08-2011, 07:16 PM
US Region

Doss0311

Add me! I'm like level 15 and usually play as Garen. I only have Ash, Garen, and Sivir so the pickings are slim. I do however, have about 900 rps and 3k ips. Just waiting for the point where I get bored with the champs I have before buying any new ones.

Pimpelmann
09-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi there folks!

League of Legends suckt me in around two weeks ago and I immensely enjoy it so far.
Looking for nice people to play with I found this thread and just invited all the people in here, that are playing on EU West.

Right now I'm Level 10 and go by the name of Pimpelmann.

I look forward playing with some of you guys soon :)

So long,
Pimpelmann

Arnisarus
09-09-2011, 01:01 PM
im very much up for a game of this with some RPSers win lose who cares its all in the having fun right ? :P

Shall we set up a steam group ?

Pimpelmann
09-09-2011, 10:18 PM
I actually do not know how that works, but I would probably join if you created one :>

Krans
12-09-2011, 05:22 PM
I just created an EU West account and I'm a total noob. Anyone want to help me with getting started?

Pimpelmann
14-09-2011, 11:33 AM
I just created an EU West account and I'm a total noob. Anyone want to help me with getting started?

I will add you soon, but right now visiting friends are keeping me busy.

So till then!

Arnisarus
14-09-2011, 01:10 PM
I've been using warwick recently, and talon. im up for some games, im around level 15, im not great at jungling yet but i can lane with warwick okay

mpk
14-09-2011, 04:18 PM
I am awesome at everything in LoL apart from a) laning b) jungling and 3) i dont even.

lasikbear
14-09-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm on US if anyone wants help/someone not violently misanthropic to play with. If you're new I can also make a new account so you don't get stuck in higher level matches.

Sarigs
19-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Hi, I'm on EU west, 30 and been pulling teeth soloqueing for a while now. Would love to get a group of semi-regulars to play with. Username is Sarigs!

Malawi Frontier Guard
19-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Fact: League of Legends is a very very fun game that I am really really bad at. I know all the theory, but I just suck anyway!

Sarigs
19-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Ahh just pick two or three toons and get to know them, spend ages sucking and still do but i can put on a pretty good show with a handful of champions :-)

Heliocentric
19-09-2011, 08:25 PM
So is LoL less hateful in the company of friends, or will we still end up with 1 random teammate calling us phags?

Malawi Frontier Guard
20-09-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm good with Sona now that I realized I was playing her all wrong, trying to heal my lane partner instead of just playing aggressively. Maxing Q with just one point in the heal and harassing like crazy in lane works extremely well.

@Heliocentric

I don't know. It's often hateful at the start of leveling because most players will be bad, and someone in the game will inevitably level up a smurf and thus know how bad they are, but most likely not have enough skill to just not care about it. Genuinely new players won't rage because they just don't know what's wrong or right. Feeling powerless is what makes people angry in this game!

Sarigs
20-09-2011, 01:20 PM
@Heliocentric Well I'm not gonna lie you do get some jerks once you start getting to the late teens through to the 30s. To be honest though it's never really bothered me. Most random 5 man teams consist of 4-5 ordinary players getting their game on and the occasionally troll :-) There's a great /ignore command if anyone's being abusive. It's definitely not the "norm" although I can guarantee that you will eventual come across one of them :-)

@Malawi Which side of EU did you end up on after the server split? I'll add ya if your a Westy if you dont mind :-)

Malawi Frontier Guard
21-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I'm on West. Just go ahead.

DanielZKlein
22-09-2011, 03:36 AM
I play. I'm ZenonTheStoic on all three platforms, but my friendslists tend to be full ;)

Let's get a Rock Paper Shotgun channel going and meet in there!

Heliocentric
22-09-2011, 07:44 AM
I play. I'm ZenonTheStoic on all three platforms, but my friendslists tend to be full ;)

in the age of multi gigabytes of free storage why do so many games only put 10kb assure for friends lists?

Alex Bakke
22-09-2011, 08:18 AM

I'd be more surprised if you DIDN'T play League of Legends, seeing as you help develop/manage it ;)

TACO BOY
02-10-2011, 04:25 PM
im TACOxBOY on the na server,maybe there should be a RPS chat room so we can easily group up,something like "RPSkillshot",ill just make the chat room so join if you like.

Malawi Frontier Guard
09-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Dominion was a blessing for this game. I haven't played a normal game in a long time.

Someone raging? Doesn't matter, the game will be over in a couple of minutes anyway.

Antares
10-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Dominion was a blessing for this game. I haven't played a normal game in a long time.

Someone raging? Doesn't matter, the game will be over in a couple of minutes anyway.

That it was. A few months back I tried and quit LoL after only 3 games of Summoner's rift. I'm not easily offended, but I just didn't have it in me to play with people who'd rage. Every. Single. Time something went wrong. I came back to give Dominion a whirl and have been having a blast.

Not only does it fix what I consider to be severe design flaws with the original game mode (long games that are decided halfway through, a boring laning phase with lots of emphasis on last-hitting creeps), it's too fast-paced for the proverbially juvenile playerbase to rage at eachother beyond the typical victory/defeat screen trashtalking, which is easily ignored.

If anyone wants to friend a clueless lvl 9 newbie, I'm Edesar on EU west.

jwfiore
16-10-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm playing on the North America server as JChthonic, if anyone wants to add me. :)

liance
24-10-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm playing on the NA servers as Southall, if any RPS regulars are up for a non-ragey RPS friend.

kukouri
25-10-2011, 08:24 AM
I've got a beta NA account and my main account is in Nordic East. Always looking for people to play with.

sabrage
25-10-2011, 09:18 AM
The only time the game makes me "rage" (which is really a symptom of being forced into a game with other people) is when they fall below what I consider baseline level play. By the time you reach level 30 and play ranked, I think there's a reasonable expectation of what skills you should have by then: placing wards, knowing how to play more than one role, listening when your team signals you to retreat... The real problem, however, is that it's a very attention-intensive game and failing in any one of these areas can be enough to tip the game. Matchmaking is also flawed in that there is no way of factoring in the tenure of a player, but that could be said of probably of most matchmaking systems.

My advice, if you have trouble with the game's noxious playerbase, is to find enough friends to always play on a 5-man team. Which I suppose is the purpose of this thread.

Sarigs
24-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Yos all,

Since the season two has just started, the introduction of the Ranked Team team option plus me getting annoyed with Solo queing I'm looking at see if their are any regular players who arn't part of a team already who want to get together to play? Would be nice to get some consistent players about for some practise and rank games.

Give us a shout if your interest and play most weeks either in the thread or PM me/add me on LoL (Sarigs).

Oh yeah I'm on EU West and UK time if that makes any difference :-)

Tephirax
03-12-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm on EU West as Tephirax; I can't claim to be particularly good, but through sheer persistence I've hit level 25 by playing primarily PvP with a team of friends, or vs AI.

I tend to have zero tolerance for BS; if someone on the other team's trash-talking, great. They clearly haven't got their hands on the controls. If someone on my team's trash-talking my team, that's an instant perma-mute. Constructive criticism's a different matter, but that's unusual in its own right ;)

I'm on most nights UK time at the moment, so if anyone wants a game, hit me up!

~Teph

Peter Radiator Full Pig
03-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Started playing this two weeks ago and its fun. Level 11 or so, but im still terrible and last hitting and often overcommit to fights. Loving dominion mode. You get alot more used to fights. There is more action and death is less of a detterent. Good for getting used to a champion. What do you need to do duo? There was an option for normal duo, but it seems to have disappered, and Ill i see now is Ranked Duo. I have neither the level nor the experiance nor the champions for that. So far I only own Ryze, not sure whos considered good in what roles.
Ingame name: RadiatorFullPig, EU West. I generally play at around Noon, GMT.

There are alot of flamers, but you only notice them because they are vocal. I dont mind calling me a noob, since I very much am one.

lasikbear
04-12-2011, 02:42 AM
Due que is only a thing for ranked, otherwise in normals just queue as a party and you can queue with up to 4 other people.

I like Ryze a lot, one thing you might want to do if you play him a lot is start smart casting with him. Rebind Q,W and E to smart case spells 1,2 and 3. It makes it so if you are mousing over a valid target and hit the key you will cast the spell without having to click. Makes Ryze a lot less click intensive.

SpinX
04-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Hey people!
I've been following RPS for a long time now as well, but just made an account. If you would like to play with an experienced player, add me! :D ( I've been playing LoL for 10 months now)

I play on EU West - Unleashed 911 :)

seboz
05-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Well hello there. I'm pretty new to the game but really enjoy it and would love to meet up with some like minded folks to queue up with me so the vitrol of the community could be slightly mitigated. I'm seboz on US East (though I'm in Canada). Feel free to add me. Also my steam name is the exact same so if you'd like to catch me on there too, you're more than welcome.

RabbitDynamite
05-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Hello all. Another longtime RPS follower who's just signed up, I've been playing LoL for about 3 weeks. I'm Tesla Coyle on the Europe West server, and would love to play with other fans of this fine gaming website. I'm mostly interested in support and magey champions at the moment.

Subterana
13-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Hi. I'm looking for fun people to play with! :D Add me if you play on EU West! :p I have over 500 games played and I've learned a lot from them, unlike others. :D <- Subterana :-h
PS: I'm really close to quitting because of the bad luck I've been having in Solo ranked que, so please, please, please save me! :">

Sarigs
22-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Hi all, just wanted to give the thread a quick poke.

There's now a fair few of us on most evenings on the EU West Server, so if your on the sidelines about it or playing on your lonesome give me,
Subterana or Tephirax a shout and come and join us :-)

SuperNashwan
24-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi all, just wanted to give the thread a quick poke.

There's now a fair few of us on most evenings on the EU West Server, so if your on the sidelines about it or playing on your lonesome give me,
Subterana or
Tephirax a shout and come and join us :-)

Is there an RPS chat channel on EU West or is it just a case of adding you guys as friends? There's a few of us from rllmukforum recently picked this up and it'd be great to have a few more regulars to fill out teams with. I've got a 10 man mumble server to aid the cause too :)
If anyone wants to add me I'm Super0Nashwan (that's a zero) on EUW, been playing a few months and just about to hit level 30, got about ~70ish normal mode wins under my belt I think.

mickygor
24-12-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm also interested in people to play with. My housemates just picked up TOR so I've kinda lost my teammates for the next few weeks until they realise it's just like every other MMO. My username is otmer, I'm on EU West. Played since private beta, lv30, coming up on 700 wins and have a 100 slot mumble server if anyone wants to use it.

Peter Radiator Full Pig
24-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Is there a way to make groups in this? I havent seen it, but im still around level 15. Seems there are alot of people who want to play with others (I can tell this is the sort of game that improves astronomically played with regulars) but at the moment it seems fiddly.

mickygor
24-12-2011, 07:15 PM
The easiest thing to do would be to create a chat channel and sign up to join it when you log in.

SuperNashwan
27-12-2011, 12:14 PM
The easiest thing to do would be to create a chat channel and sign up to join it when you log in.

Right, it looks like it just needs someone to just do it, so I've created a channel on EUW, join "The RPS Tea Room" and if I'm on I'll be in it to dispense whatever advice I might be able to and group for games and such. When you join you can click the cog in the top right of the pane and choose to automatically join when you log in, which saves some hassle.
I've also added everyone who's said their summoner name and realm to a google spreadsheet here: http://bit.ly/u8ftvu to make things easier than going through the thread post by post. And I've put a section for people to add voice servers if they have one they're happy for people to use, communication is OP.
Apologies if this is stepping on anyone's toes :)

Sarigs
27-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Right, it looks like it just needs someone to just do it, so I've created a channel on EUW, join "The RPS Tea Room" and if I'm on I'll be in it to dispense whatever advice I might be able to and group for games and such. When you join you can click the cog in the top right of the pane and choose to automatically join when you log in, which saves some hassle.
I've also added everyone who's said their summoner name and realm to a google spreadsheet here: http://bit.ly/u8ftvu to make things easier than going through the thread post by post. And I've put a section for people to add voice servers if they have one they're happy for people to use, communication is OP.
Apologies if this is stepping on anyone's toes :)

Not at all dude, this is a great idea :-) I'll join the chat channel and keep it on when I next log in later on, thanks for the organising, there's a bunch of us who have been using Skype in games but there more of a bespoke approach!

Nexx
28-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Nice one for setting everything up SuperNashwan. I'll make sure to join the channel next time I'm playing, I've just about had enough of constantly playing with randoms.

If anyone ever wants some games my summoner name is NitroNexx and I'm currently level 22.

karlmarxbeard
04-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi all.

Thought I'd actually register and show my face. It has been fun playing with some friendly people who aren't idiots, long may it continue!

JavierLQ
04-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Is there a chat channel for people on the NA servers?

Either way, if you are interested in some games, add me: Jocc

Gravy
04-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Add me to the list, NeraMorte, id be up for voice comms.

Peter Radiator Full Pig
05-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Id like to thank Tephirax for inviting me to a few games, even though i was clearly the weakest link on the team. I felt kinda bad brining them down, but i had a load of fun playing with friendly people who worked together and listened to one another. :D

man-eater chimp
06-01-2012, 05:43 PM
If anyone wants to add me I'm called "mechimp" and I'm level 30. The internet where I am at the moment is pretty shocking at times so I don't know how much I'll be able to play but I can always give advice! Generally when I try to play here everything's fine but I get one major lag spike a game.

Timmeister
06-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Hey guys, I'v been playing LoL since closed Beta. Now on EU west and I am more than happy to play with folk/give advice! And unlike a majority of the League of Legends community I don't rage, so don't feel embarrased if things go badly.

My summoner name is Corporal Herb

CWalker
07-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Stupid newbie reporting in!

Summoner name is Not the Messiah, server is EUW. I'm mostly competent, but would dearly appreciate some friendly company :P

Alex Bakke
07-01-2012, 08:04 PM
"Tailend22" is my username.

Favourite champions so far: Nasus, Ryze, Veigar, Teemo, Sion, Xin Zhao.

SlyTrojan
08-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Hey all, long time reader, first time poster but I wanted to throw my name in for some LoLing about. I'm level 30, but hit that over the summer and then didn't play even once from August to early December, but I got back into a few weeks ago. The name's "Sly Trojan" and I would love to avoid the solo que nonsense with you guys!

Noirdeathe
10-01-2012, 02:14 AM
I'm Mordarke on the NA servers (despite being in the U.K, sigh). Throw me an invite if people are up for a game.

Ritashi
10-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Ritashi on NA, level 30. I set up a chat, same name as the above one ("
The RPS Tea Room") for NA. If I'm on I'm probably good for a game or for advice. I assume that the channel I set up works, haven't had a chance to test it though.

Swabbleflange
13-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi, I've wandered over from rllmukforum and I'd love to have some non-scary people to play this with. People that won't care that I don't know what the heck I'm doing or supposed to be doing (at least for a while). All I've done so far is mess about with the tutorials but I'm itching to actually play the game at last. I've added myself to the Google spreadsheet and will fire off friend requests at the earliest possibility :)

mickygor
15-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Well the channel's really popular now, so I'm gonna suggest we arrange some matches perhaps? I wanna play ARAM but I don't wanna go through the hassle of randomers coming and going because the lobby doesn't launch 2 seconds after they join. Might also be good for coordinating some team plays.

Malawi Frontier Guard
17-01-2012, 10:46 AM
I've only been playing a bot match of AD Sona every day for the IP reward, so yeah, I guess it's about time for me to take a break from the game altogether.

It's nice to see that there is some interest in an RPS community for the game finally though. Hopefully it will continue growing.

Sarigs
17-01-2012, 03:16 PM
It's nice to see that there is some interest in an RPS community for the game finally though. Hopefully it will continue growing.

We'll be waiting for ya Malawi when you crack and come back! ;-)

liance
18-01-2012, 04:41 AM
The NA RPSers are proud to announce their new competitive ranked team:

RockPaperSurrender at 20!

In all seriousness, we now have 4 regulars who tend to play north american (eastern/central time) evenings. We are for the most part, civilized people, and we communicate on Teamspeak. We occasionally succeed in winning, mostly by suffocating our enemies in a pile of our corpses.

Teamwork is our forte, and we're always looking for more people to join us! Friend danbrown69420, Southall, JChthonic or Jocc if you're interested in some casual games. We *try* to frequent "The RPS Tea Room" chat room whenever we can, but friending us would probably be the easier way of getting in contact. All roles welcome. Also looking for somebody who mains Volibear so we can have a Horace mascot.

Sarigs
27-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Just to kick the tires, shake the dust off the 'ol thread and give a bit of a update to any on-the-fencers. There's regularly a whole bunch of us online on anygiving evening through till Midnightish or dawn in some cases on the weekends.

There's also been, the last couple of weeks, enough people online at one time for us to run a few 5v5 (All RPS playerS) games, particularly ARAMs (All Random all Mid) and ULTIMATE BRAVERY matches with all ten ten people sharing the one Vent channel, it gets very funny very fast :-)

Finally AP Lee Sin FTW. You know who you are.

DiamondDog
27-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Last night was my first ARAM match and having an all RPS group with everyone on voice was so much fun. Face was hurting from all the laughing.

SuperNashwan
29-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Never played ARAM before, so good. Randoming Nidalee too, couldn't ask for better than that!

mickygor
29-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Yea, was alright for some eh? Melee bruiser, doesn't work well in ARAM

DiamondDog
29-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Damn spears. Nid goes on the ARAM ban list along with that little bastard Teemo!

marrakoosh
01-02-2012, 01:21 PM
woot woot woot.

Fucking shyvana.

Jockie
01-02-2012, 05:51 PM
That sounds a lot more fun that the usual crying/whining/screaming - where do I sign up? (and is this all on US or Euro servers?)

Sarigs
01-02-2012, 05:58 PM
That sounds a lot more fun that the usual crying/whining/screaming - where do I sign up? (and is this all on US or Euro servers?)

There is a group on US but we're all on the EU West. If you already have a account just log in join The RPS Tea Room chat room :-)

If not let me be the first person to sent you a referral link and win the race!

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e7e082656c2e990282032 (EU West) or grab a yank if you want to play on the US server!

Just follow the link, sign up, download the client, patch and play :-)

Jockie
01-02-2012, 06:04 PM
There is a group on US but we're all on the EU West. If you already have a account just log in join The RPS Tea Room chat room :-)

If not let me be the first person to sent you a referral link and win the race!

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e7e082656c2e990282032 (EU West) or grab a yank if you want to play on the US server!

Just follow the link, sign up, download the client, patch and play :-)

I'm afraid I already have accounts on both sides of the Atlantic (i play a game or two most evenings), I'll probably have a look with my low level euro side account, at some point this evening.

marrakoosh
08-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Put a shroom down.

Shroom it.

Is it that time of the month? 'Cause I just got first blood...

Sarigs
08-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Put a shroom down.

Shroom it.

Is it that time of the month? 'Cause I just got first blood...

Aye true enough but AD Sona still sucks :-)

Gravy
19-02-2012, 03:45 PM
AP Lee Sin, AD Sona, just reinventing the meta one game at a time!

Sarigs just fears the truth damage.

mickygor
20-02-2012, 12:55 AM
You can't handle the truth damage!

Krathor
26-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Hey guys. First post on the forum. :D

Myself and a Belgian friend play together frequently. He's level 30 and I'm level 23. We're pretty good and have gotten into Dominion quite a lot recently. If you guys fancy playing with us (EU West) then feel free to drop me a PM or message me in-game. My summoner name is 'Scott'. I shit you not; I got in early when it was first released.

mickygor
26-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Scott, join the in game channel "The RPS Tea Room" and we'll throw you some invites :)

Peter Radiator Full Pig
27-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes, more people for Dominion. Most people play Summoners Rift, but at times I prefer Dominion. Ill be on The RPS Tea Room quite often.

JavierLQ
27-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Just wanted to post an update as to what the NA group has been up to. At this point we are still at 4 members, and play regularly most nights around 8-9 central time. If you are on the NA, feel free to add one of us (danbrown69420, Southall, JChthonic or Jocc) and/or join the RPS channel (same as the eu one, The RPS Tea Room).

We play for fun overall and while we of course try to win, it is not the end all and we refrain from raging wether on teamspeak or on chat to the other players. Ocassionally, we try to have some fun with our picks/gameplan, such as having Eve support, or doing a few 3v3 ranked matches where we all go random and lock in with whichever champ we get.

In all, we have a fun group of people around, so come join us and our RPS team (Rock, Paper, Surrender at 20)!

Krathor
27-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Spot on guys, cheers. I'll be lurking in the chat during the week and hopefully we'll grab a few games together.

Krathor
14-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Been playing with some of you guys in the tearoom and it's been pretty fun. Will be around tonight if anyone fancies a game or two at around 20:30. Handle is 'Scott'.

Ritashi
19-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Hey, any chance there's still some room on the NA team? I get tired of solo queueing, but I don't have enough friends to make a full team to play with, 'twould be awesome to play some ranked games with RPSers! (I've got champs I know for every role, though my specialty is probably ad carry or ap mid.) Either way I'll look for y'all online, I think I may already have friended a few of y'all.

Fruppy
22-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Playing a bit of LoL again. If anyone on the EU side needs someone to have fun with, add me! Me!

Sitting around 500+ won games, so I know a thing or two. I'll play with anyone, no matter what skill-lvl, as long as you are cool.

Ingame: Captain Fruppy

Sarigs
22-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Playing a bit of LoL again. If anyone on the EU side needs someone to have fun with, add me! Me!

Sitting around 500+ won games, so I know a thing or two. I'll play with anyone, no matter what skill-lvl, as long as you are cool.

Ingame: Captain Fruppy

Hey Fruppy,

Make sure you add yourself to the RPS Tea Room chatroom, you can set it to autojoin on log in we're usually buming around in their on EU between games....when Riot's not broken it that it

Fruppy
22-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Sure thing!

Peter Radiator Full Pig
23-04-2012, 04:36 AM
They have broken it hard, though. For quite a few days i was told to press the reconnect button.... for the button to never show up.

mickygor
23-04-2012, 11:29 AM
It's working fine for me right now though it was down for a day last thursday? For the record Fruppy, the channel is "The RPS Tea Room" in case Sarigs' comment didn't make it clear.

Sarigs
23-04-2012, 11:55 AM
in case Sarigs' comment didn't make it clear.

Umm it was left deliberately ambiguous....as a.....test......Yes a Test.

You've all passed. Well done and Carry on.

JavierLQ
23-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi Ritashi,

I think you and I played a game the other night (my gamename is Jocc) didn't we? Anyway there is room in the team, as we only have 4 people signed up. Feel free to message me whenever you see me online, which this way may or may not be much considering I have final projects due for school early next week. Or just message Southall/JCthonic (sp?).

DiamondDog
23-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Sarigs, we have in fact got your test results back and I'm afraid to say you failed.

3 minors in tower diving and 1 major in face-checking bushes. You can retake in 2 weeks. Until then your RPS license only allows you to play support champions.

Sarigs
23-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Sarigs, we have in fact got your test results back and I'm afraid to say you failed.

3 minors in tower diving and 1 major in face-checking bushes. You can retake in 2 weeks. Until then your RPS license only allows you to play support champions.

Objection! I'll give you face-checking but I have a doctorate in "Manning-Up-And-Diving-The-Hell-Out-Of-Yonder-Tower"

And the last time I support Leona I got told off for killing too many people. :-(

You guys are just jealous ;-)

Fruppy
24-04-2012, 08:49 PM
@Micky

Thank you! Was wondering why nobody was online >.>...<.<...v.v

Pirateman
27-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Is the flaming and raging just as bad on the EU server as it is on the NA server? It's almost impossible for players to remain civilized and gentlemanly over here. -Though I have met a rare few that restored my faith in humanity. I'm pretty descent at the game, and typically roll with a full group of chaps. Add me if you wish: Pirateman

Sarigs
27-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Is the flaming and raging just as bad on the EU server as it is on the NA server? It's almost impossible for players to remain civilized and gentlemanly over here. -Though I have met a rare few that restored my faith in humanity. I'm pretty descent at the game, and typically roll with a full group of chaps. Add me if you wish: Pirateman

To be honest I've not spend much time Solo Queing in the last 6 months since we starting joining up. When I have I don't tend to notice the rage/trolls anymore but I'm not sure if that's because I'm desensitised or it's gotten better.

But we definitely have our fair share of Trolls/Ragers/Whiners etc. It's just the nature of the beast and why we have a /ignore ;-)

Jockie
27-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Still plenty of dicks EU-side, but It's pretty easy to shrug off when you're playing with friendly peeps like the RPS guys. We're usually too busy giving each other (light hearted) grief to notice.

Someone went as far as to refer to me as 'Sarigs' last night, after I suicidally dived in with a Pantheon Ult onto the enemy team.

Sarigs
27-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Still plenty of dicks EU-side, but It's pretty easy to shrug off when you're playing with friendly peeps like the RPS guys. We're usually too busy giving each other (light hearted) grief to notice.

Someone went as far as to refer to me as 'Sarigs' last night, after I suicidally dived in with a Pantheon Ult onto the enemy team.

*sniffs* If don't you drag someone down with you then you're doing it wrong :-P

mickygor
27-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Did you start shouting "Oh God!" the moment people started attacking you Jockie?

Jockie
27-04-2012, 12:33 PM
*sniffs* If don't you drag someone down with you then you're doing it wrong :-P

It was one of those games where I did everything wrong.

Isu
27-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Hello! I'm a long-time RPS reader and indifferent LoL player on the NA server. I'm hoping to gain a few contacts to help me brave the horror of Solo Que- I'll be the Marlowe to your collective Kurtz. My username is 'dokezero' if anyone wants to add meh for the odd social game.

DiamondDog
28-04-2012, 12:52 PM
To tell you the truth Jockie, I only called you Sarigs because I glanced at the mini-map, saw a Pantheon running towards the enemy by himself and the only name my brain offered up was 'Sarigs'.

Sarigs
28-04-2012, 06:48 PM
To tell you the truth Jockie, I only called you Sarigs because I glanced at the mini-map, saw a Pantheon running towards the enemy by himself and the only name my brain offered up as 'Sarigs'.

Lol I thought he was kidding! Saw what you like but when you it goes right it's GLORIOUS!

Jockie
04-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Some of us premiered an all-yordle line-up last night to great success. It was only blind pick, but you have to start somewhere. The sight of Kennen, Ziggs, Amumu, Teemo and Corki in one team was too much for our bemused opposition. I think I could hear the opposition Nasus' brain melting through his ears when 3 of us dived and killed him in around 0.5 of a second.

Ringwraith
08-06-2012, 08:56 PM
May I commit some semi-thread-necromancy (it's only been dead a month, so the stench shouldn't be too bad) and introduce myself as possibly the worst player who ever got severely hooked immediately.
Only been playing it for three weeks but worked my way to level 13 on the EU servers as Snowraith.

So, anyone fancy bearing witness to my random flailing about at all?

Sarigs
08-06-2012, 09:17 PM
May I commit some semi-thread-necromancy (it's only been dead a month, so the stench shouldn't be too bad) and introduce myself as possibly the worst player who ever got severely hooked immediately.
Only been playing it for three weeks but worked my way to level 13 on the EU servers as Snowraith.

So, anyone fancy bearing witness to my random flailing about at all?

Hey hey,

We're almost always about in the evenings, set your chatroom to autolog on into "The RPS Tea Room" where we tend to hang out!

Ringwraith
08-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Hey hey,

We're almost always about in the evenings, set your chatroom to autolog on into "The RPS Tea Room" where we tend to hang out!
I was just about to do that in fact, as I did some back-reading of the thread.

Ringwraith
11-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Well, seeing as everyone got e-mailed a security warning as well as it being in their news feed on the patcher, I the message probably got received.
Besides, there's not an awful lot of point to stealing someone's password to their account, as they didn't get credit card info apparently, so they don't stand to gain much really.

Sarigs
11-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Aye, it's crappy but it happens to pretty much everyone at one stage or another. Plus IP/RP can't be transferred between accounts/resold, the same for skins/champs.

With no credit card info, other then spamming your email account about the best they can do is trash you elo by feeding when your not logged in!

Seriously though I think Riot handled it like Gents, more or less full disclosure straight off the bat. Bad situation well handled.

Bankrotas
12-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Hey hey,

Ahahaha, now I know where you at!.

Ringwraith
12-06-2012, 01:34 PM
With no credit card info, other then spamming your email account about the best they can do is trash you elo by feeding when your not logged in!
Pretty much, which seems a rather pointless venture, and you can get enough spam to your email without even doing anything sometimes.

mickygor
12-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Yea EU has the biggest market.

Ringwraith
14-06-2012, 04:50 PM
So I managed a uncharacteristically good play last night, (against actual people too!) so I thought I might share (http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/650/woomassivekillingspree.png).

Hypernetic
15-06-2012, 01:48 AM
I play LoL on US servers, my summoner name is "hypersauce". Add me if you wish. Please tell me who you are from the forums when you do.

mickygor
15-06-2012, 02:31 AM
MF is a beast. She's pretty much the only character I'm playing atm, she can hold her own against any other AD and excels against quite a few of them.

Ringwraith
15-06-2012, 12:19 PM
MF is a beast. She's pretty much the only character I'm playing atm, she can hold her own against any other AD and excels against quite a few of them.
Well, I certainly know she's have the distinction of being the most expensive champion I will have bought so far by next week most likely.

Sarigs
15-06-2012, 12:28 PM

You can't tell Otmer but I'm frowning at you...dubiously...

mickygor
15-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Don't worry when Pulsefire Ezreal is finally released I'll leave the woman alone. That said, I haven't really played at all this week :/ I dare say I might be gaining a social life, or even worse just growing apart from LoL :(

Ringwraith
15-06-2012, 04:15 PM
You consider being away from a game for a week a significant thing? I do that all the time.

mickygor
18-06-2012, 07:20 PM
You consider being away from a game for a week a significant thing? I do that all the time.

I chose my current housemates based on our compatibility in LoL :P The game's been a large part of my life for coming up on 3 years now.

Ringwraith
21-06-2012, 08:59 PM
I chose my current housemates based on our compatibility in LoL :P The game's been a large part of my life for coming up on 3 years now.
Ooooh boy.
I don't even know where to begin.

Bankrotas
21-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Ooooh boy.
I don't even know where to begin.
Don't. Really don't let him learn from this. Just maybe he'll get wiser.

Ringwraith
21-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Don't. Really don't let him learn from this. Just maybe he'll get wiser.
That's like waiting for the sun to start going the other way around the Earth. Not gonna happen. At least in this lifetime.

Sarigs
22-06-2012, 09:07 AM
That's like waiting for the sun to start going the other way around the Earth. Not gonna happen. At least in this lifetime.

.....Errrr are you aware that the sun doesn't go around the Earth AT ALL? :-P

I don't see why there's a need to be ragging on Otmer at all TBH

mickygor
22-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Neither do I :( I mean, I've just found out that apparently, Helios doesn't carry the sun around the sky?! Don't kick a man when he's down!

Ringwraith
22-06-2012, 08:35 PM
.....Errrr are you aware that the sun doesn't go around the Earth AT ALL? :-P

I don't see why there's a need to be ragging on Otmer at all TBH
What utter tosh! Next you'll be telling me the Earth isn't flat!
Or whatever other nonsense they teach kids these days.

Sarigs
22-06-2012, 08:40 PM
what utter tosh! Next you'll be telling me the earth isn't flat!
Or whatever other nonsense they teach kids these days.

Dinosaurs EXISTED!

Ringwraith
23-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Dinosaurs EXISTED!
Ah, good to know the education system is not completely beyond redemption.

SuperNashwan
16-07-2012, 08:54 AM
What the hell is going on in this thread? Anyway, just wanted to apologise to RPS chaps for not being on for anything other than bot matching my fwotd, been playing more DOTA 2 instead, not too thrilled with a few things Riot are doing right now. And I wanted to post this youtube series for those of you who asked about DOTA 2 and might be interested in checking it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vOadGoZEdY&feature=channel&list=UL . That should cover quite a lot of the awkwardness you get jumping from one to the other :)

Sarigs
16-07-2012, 09:01 AM
What the hell is going on in this thread? Anyway, just wanted to apologise to RPS chaps for not being on for anything other than bot matching my fwotd, been playing more DOTA 2 instead, not too thrilled with a few things Riot are doing right now. And I wanted to post this youtube series for those of you who asked about DOTA 2 and might be interested in checking it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vOadGoZEdY&feature=channel&list=UL . That should cover quite a lot of the awkwardness you get jumping from one to the other :)

Hey dude,

Good at hear from ya! A few of us have keys for DOTA2 (I picked up 1 from Rezzed) and I've had a dabble, it's interesting and different enough but I don't think it'll ever take over from League for me ;-) Add me and steam and we'll have a game some time!

What's your beef with Riot btw? ;-)

mickygor
16-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Yea, Dota2's not for me either. Just strikes me that they've made such an outdated game in the name of sating the people who still play DotA.

Riot still employ Phreak, that's a massive reason to have beef with them :P

Sarigs
16-07-2012, 09:50 AM
riot still employ phreak, that's a massive reason to have beef with them :p

TONS of DAMAGE!!!!!

For the record that should have been completely Capitalised but the forum censored me :-( Damn oppressors!

vee41
16-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Yea, Dota2's not for me either. Just strikes me that they've made such an outdated game in the name of sating the people who still play DotA.

I started playing HON (used to be glorified DOTA) and LOL at the same time, and always felt that LOL's style was too straightforward to me. It did not have enough of these small nuances, or annoyances if you prefer, that make games become alive. That is why I stopped playing LOL as soon as I got my DOTA 2 key and haven't looked back. :)

The level of polish and attention to detail DOTA 2 has is just... valve like. And for anyone with even remote interest towards e-sports it's a great game to follow!

Ringwraith
16-07-2012, 01:10 PM
The level of polish and attention to detail DOTA 2 has is just... valve like. And for anyone with even remote interest towards e-sports it's a great game to follow!
You don't compete with Valve for production values and community feedback, you just don't.

So I hardly fail any developer for not matching them, especially how it's probably a lot to do with Valve's (dis)organisational structure.

Simmura McCrea
16-07-2012, 08:50 PM
So I guess I'm hooked now. I'm Simmura in game, EU west.

Sarigs
17-07-2012, 12:14 AM
So I guess I'm hooked now. I'm Simmura in game, EU west.

Simmura! You're joining the crew? Awesomeness, remember to set up the The RPS Tea Room chat to autoload and you'll find us all bunkered down in there :-)

SuperNashwan
17-07-2012, 01:36 AM
What's your beef with Riot btw? ;-)

The live balance team have no idea what they're doing, just chasing the latest fotm in the competitive scene but even then not understanding why those champions are getting picked, eg nerfing Nautilus' damage instead of his CC, or ignoring the massive problems with Shen's ult for months while he was picked or banned in almost every single competitive game, because why wouldn't a team pick the ultimate split-pusher?
And then there's the constant erosion of power for supports, which is my favourite role, from the incremental nerfs to champions, the itemisation (currently on the PBE gp10 items are nerfed which will likely go live) to Morello this week outright saying they're not making more than two support champions a year because they don't sell, having released Lulu in a state that makes her unpickable competitively because there's always another support champion that does what she does but better.
It really feels like Riot are moving towards Blizzard's hellish model of balance where they pull levers with no idea what's attached at the other end and produce a never ending rollercoaster of buffs and nerfs, and LoL was where I went to escape that. Riot don't even have an intelligent theorycrafting community to keep them in check like Blizzard do. /rant

On DOTA 2, yes the design feels dated and it's really obnoxious to learn all its little quirks like which magic magic immunity doesn't make you immune to(!). But everything is dialled up to 11, so it's heaps of fun at the same time, I recommend giving it some time to acclimatise to the bullshit because there's a really good game further along the learning curve.

Ringwraith
17-07-2012, 12:37 PM
At least on the champions I'm familiar with (which is not many) the buffs and nerfs they've been doing seem to make sense (and I'm not just saying that because they buffed two of my most-played champions in the last patch, okay, maybe a little).
Their major balance changes seem to come all at once but only every so often, so it's not quite a constant stream of them.

On DOTA 2, yes the design feels dated and it's really obnoxious to learn all its little quirks like which magic magic immunity doesn't make you immune to(!). But everything is dialled up to 11, so it's heaps of fun at the same time, I recommend giving it some time to acclimatise to the bullshit because there's a really good game further along the learning curve.
Of course one has to be able to play it, and not everyone can do that yet.

mickygor
17-07-2012, 02:17 PM

I don't have the time or the inclination to learn the quirks of Warcraft 3. Regardless, Dota2 doesn't have colourblind mode so Drac can't play it, so I won't be switching.

Autopanda
12-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Sorry if I'm bumping a dead thread, but some friends have just got me into this game and I was looking for more sane EUW players and this seems as good a place as possible to ask. I'm Autopanda on there as well.

Sarigs
12-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Sorry if I'm bumping a dead thread, but some friends have just got me into this game and I was looking for more sane EUW players and this seems as good a place as possible to ask. I'm Autopanda on there as well.

Hey dude,

Though the thread is quiet the RPS Lol players are still very much active. Best thing to do if set to auto-join the RPS chat room on start up being "The RPS Tea Room" and speak up, we're on and about most evening in various different numbers :-)

Jockie
04-04-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm still surprised a PC gaming site this big has like 20 LoL players on the EUW servers. We are a fun bunch to play with and we don't bite (except Sarigs, who probably also has rabies, so be careful of that).

mickygor
04-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Have my reasons

DiamondDog
04-04-2013, 10:59 PM
"We are a fun bunch to play with..."

I think we all know this is a lie. If you like grumpy people shouting at each other you'll be in heaven.

Sarigs
04-04-2013, 11:15 PM
I think we all know this is a lie. If you like grumpy people shouting at each other you'll be in heaven.

NO ONE ASKED YOU DIAMOND!

Sorry Having rabies makes me angry apparently!

Jockie
05-04-2013, 03:29 PM
We are only miserable at other old-timers because we have known each other long enough that fragile game-based friendship has given way to the mixed blessing of familiarity.

And when we actually win the odd game it's all high-fives!

DiamondDog
05-04-2013, 05:41 PM
The endless crushing, debilitating losses do make for some good highs, I'll give you that.

Ralphomon
15-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Hey, I'm looking to get back into LoL after playing it a lot a lot last year (or so). Although by a lot a lot I mean 'a few matches every night, still less than level 20'. I'm also basically only good at support. And playing as yordles in stupid ways.

Noirdeathe
16-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Finally transferred to EU after being stuck on NA for years, play most evenings with my girlfriend. Mordarke/Mnao respectively.

Jockie
16-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Hey, I'm looking to get back into LoL after playing it a lot a lot last year (or so). Although by a lot a lot I mean 'a few matches every night, still less than level 20'. I'm also basically only good at support. And playing as yordles in stupid ways.

If you stick to maining support you will be Capt. Popular!

Finally transferred to EU after being stuck on NA for years, play most evenings with my girlfriend. Mordarke/Mnao respectively.

Hit me up for some games at some point and get mumble installed!!!!1

You should also both join in-game chat room 'The RPS Tea Room' and get it to auto-join. It's 99.9% idle, but there are often enough people to spam invites at mindlessly.

DenieD
17-05-2013, 04:26 PM

Check out Lulu, thats right in the centre of your Venn diagram :P

Ralphomon
28-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Check out Lulu, thats right in the centre of your Venn diagram :P

Lulu is my secondary support main. Making things big and small and fast and slow and turning them into kittens/rabbits/cupcakes is super-fun!

Dan1111
29-05-2013, 09:25 AM
I play LoL regularly, generally an hour or two 3 or 4 days a week and have been looking for some RPS'ers to team up with for ages. Finding this post is a godsend :)

My in game name is Cranitt and I'll be in the RPS room this evening, I generally play with another friend and we use Skype to co-ordinate (badly!). Feel free to add me or, otherwise, I look forward to seeing you all in the chat room!

Dan1111
29-05-2013, 02:49 PM
p.s anyone up for a game or two this evening?

Jockie
29-05-2013, 03:24 PM
I'd pop into the tea-room and ask, it's usually very quiet in there as we mostly talk on the mumble server. But as far as I'm aware the majority of the LoL players don't read/check the forums very often. I'll be on this evening, though, so feel free to ask me for a game.

Dan1111
30-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the games last night all. One question, how come this thread doesn't have a directory like DOTA/Neverwinter etc? If it hadn't of been necro'd I wouldn't have found it (I may of course just suck at using the search functionality!)

DenieD
30-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the games last night all. One question, how come this thread doesn't have a directory like DOTA/Neverwinter etc? If it hadn't of been necro'd I wouldn't have found it (I may of course just suck at using the search functionality!)

Hi Dan,

DotA literally just got its own directory too, I think it needs to be busy enough to warrant one and since theres been a few 11 day no posts on this one I guess they deemed it not necessary yet.

You can but ask though :)

mickygor
30-05-2013, 02:23 PM
We've never really used the forums to coordinate so there's not been enough activity to justify it. A simple search would find the thread for the game you're looking for.

Ringwraith
01-06-2013, 12:50 PM
League of Losing's in-built private chatroom function serves well enough for seeing who's about really.
As well as the fact it runs from a launcher client unlike DotA so most people just have it sitting in the background if they are around.

ramminrigsby
24-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Hi all.

I'm also interested in having an extra community of like-minded individuals to play LoL with (and am a long-time RPS reader).
Only L11 at the moment (primarily due to just having very little time to play at the mo as a dad), though the other friends I play with are all L30 and play ranked a lot (so I know more about the mechanics and tactics than I 'should', though implementing them is another matter :-)).

I've added the chat room; everyone there just now were very experienced L30s. What's the normal etiquette here if I'd just like a pool of players to invite every now and then? Just msg in the chat room (and then I guess add as friends afterwards if seemed to work OK?)?

Cheers.

mickygor
24-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Yea, message in the chatroom, or hop on the mumble at avid-gaming.com on default port.

mickygor
09-05-2014, 01:53 AM
As fun as it was playing with you guys again today for the first time in ages, the murder of Karma has brought me almost to tears and even closer to the uinstall

Sarigs
09-05-2014, 07:40 AM
No worries Otmer, was great seeing you again! The remake take a wee bit of getting used to, forgot you used to play a shed load of her :-P