PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Synapse PBEM tournament

Pages : 1 [2]

psyk
06-07-2011, 04:01 PM
How should we set up the secure match?

Launch you around?

Note to self read first page of other thread more.

Vexing Vision
06-07-2011, 04:30 PM
So, Inverse, do I just go and challenge Web_Cole for some kind of Secure map, hopefully, or how long will Kuran's grace-period last?

Cooper
06-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Walnuss:
I'll set-up the game when I get home tonight (I'm working late, so it may not be until midnight Uk time or so...)

But, I'm away for a wedding from Thursday until Monday morning. So most of the game will have to take place Monday / Tuesday, if that's ok?

wererogue
07-07-2011, 10:32 AM
(Impatiently) waiting on a challenge from Ghost_Bear, for the record ;)

Man, this competition makes me antsy!

Inverselaw
08-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Kurans grace period was only during the 1 day intermission between the end of round 1 and start of round 2. Its the same grace period for all fiat decisions.

bonuswavepilot
12-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Matzerath! Hello! If you're out there - we're getting kind of low on time for you to accept my round 2 challenge, chief...

bonuswavepilot
19-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Launch! Hello! If you're out there - we're getting kind of low on time for you to offer a round 3a challenge, chief...

(Jeez at this rate, I'm going to blitz my way to victory without needing to play a game... de-fault! De-fault! De-fault!)

MasterBoo
19-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Still waiting for Toeofdoom, my next week is rather busy and I prefer playing the match by this weekend.

wererogue
20-07-2011, 04:23 PM
So I've been watching the youtube replays of my next opponent, DandC (psyk) in preparation for our match, and I have a question:

I'm screwed, aren't I?

Keep a seat warm in the lower bracket for me! :V

psyk
22-07-2011, 01:10 AM
I'm screwed, aren't I?

Nah I'm only average, just had some lucky games also I've just got back from a week in Amsterdam so a little out of practice and a bit slow still.

bonuswavepilot
26-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Ghost_Bear! Hello! If you're out there - we're getting kind of low on time for you to offer a round 3b challenge, chief...

(And so the mighty progression through the forfeit of my opponents continues. I can only assume my fearsome reputation stays their mouse-hands from pressing the challenge button out of terror of strategic humiliation.)

imirk
26-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Ghost_Bear! Hello! If you're out there - we're getting kind of low on time for you to offer a round 3b challenge, chief...

(And so the mighty progression through the forfeit of my opponents continues. I can only assume my fearsome reputation stays their mouse-hands from pressing the challenge button out of terror of strategic humiliation.)

Well that is disappointing. Seems that he is not paying attention and the reason I'm out is because I was chosen to challenge him both times.

Inverselaw
27-07-2011, 03:45 AM
Ya its kinda silly, though it explains why we get alot more people who dont challenge then those who dont respond

psyk
28-07-2011, 01:07 AM
Well that is disappointing. Seems that he is not paying attention and the reason I'm out is because I was chosen to challenge him both times.

If you were the challenger and you sent the challenge and he didn't take his turn then you should win.

If you were the challenger and you didn't send the challenge then you should lose.

Inverselaw
28-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Psyk thé issue are placers who joined the tourney and play actively but don't follow the tourney itself so they respond to challenges but don't issue them

psyk
29-07-2011, 02:53 AM
Ok but Imirk was the challenge issuer both times so if he sent the challenge and ghost bear didn't take his go then Imirk should of won.

Inverselaw
29-07-2011, 04:13 AM
oh thers nothing wrong with what happend. Imirk just noticed that if it had come up with Ghost_bear having to challenge him he would have won by default. But since Imirk was the challenger Ghost_Bear played the match without noticing it was a tourney match.

imirk
29-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Yes, I'm not upset, it is all on the up and up, just dissapointed that I cannot say, "well at least I was beaten twice by the eventual winner/3rd etc." from what I saw Ghost Bear was a good player and could have made it further if he had made his challenges, well at least he wouldn't have automatically "lost" those games.

wererogue
29-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Bizarrely though, Ghost Bear *did* eventually challenge me for our match, mere hours after the deadline, citing internet problems for his tardiness (in the other thread). I was surprised that he missed another challenge after that.

We played our game out anyway - it was fun :)

psyk
30-07-2011, 01:54 AM
But since Imirk was the challenger Ghost_Bear played the match without noticing it was a tourney match.

Excellent :D