PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The Divisions of Death (DoD)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

sinister agent
29-01-2013, 02:14 AM
Dwarves are pretty nasty right out of the box, though. That's the only reason mine scraped by with a few wins and draws when I first started playing.

cyberpunkdreams
29-01-2013, 02:43 AM
Gorm, don't worry my Dwarves haven't played a single match yet, I'd have liked to stay where I was, nice Elves and Goblins to sink my teeth into first.

My goblins would have messed you up. Big time.

President Weasel
29-01-2013, 10:42 AM
right, we've lost the aforementioned four (after PMs and everything), so apologies chaps, you'll be welcome back in a future season. This means some minor disruption near the bottom (oo-er). Listen up!

Elesium, up to F
The Brain, up to H
Graver, Eard over to I
Everblue, Chad Sexington, Cyberpunkdreams and Frenzorz in J
Dolphan and BigC90210 in K, need 2 filler teams!!

Axler volunteered one filler team, so just need another for division K. Applications in by tomorrow if possible chaps and we'll get you playing!

Are you on this list?
If so please apply to the relevant league by 8pm tonight UK time - or post in the thread to say you'll be a bit delayed.

Please note that in order to apply you need to do the following:

Search for the league in league finder
Go into the league using "view league"
Apply from within the view league screen (it doesn't always register the application if you do it from the league finder list). The password you need is "chainsawed".

We'll be starting the leagues off about 8 this evening so make sure your applications are in.

If you're one of the people who didn't turn up, then shame on you. Shame! You have held up the beginning of the league and also caused some mild inconvenience to other people, some of whom are quite busy. You should now proceed to feel mildly guilty for a bit.
Once you've done that, feel free to post here. We might be able to stick you in a special division, if enough of you trail in late and shamefaced to make it worth the bother. (Maybe there's even a reason you haven't applied yet? We'll never know if you don't post).

Screwie
29-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Tell it like it is, PW!

(Also please validate my Division A game against LowKey please, as I think I'm rolling in level-ups - match report to come asap.)

The Brain
29-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Applied to H.

President Weasel
29-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Division F all present and correct. Season started!
Division H all present and correct. The Brain applied while I was writing this post, in fact. Excellent stuff, Brain. Season Started!
Division I awaiting Eard - he's still in K at the moment, is anyone steam friends and can nudge him?

Division K awaiting BigC, but Dolphan and two filler teams have already shown up. Good work, fellas.

Here's what I'm going to do - I am going to give it another couple of hours and if nothing changes I'll start K as it is, with Eard in the wrong Division but at least in one.
If BigC shows up before Eard does, I'll just stick him in I and start both divs with the wrong players, and someone who knows how the spreadsheet works (it scares me) can fix the sheet to match reality.

Someone's already validated Screwie's match, it seems.

Edit: oh, and Season J started as well, let me know if any leagues are still outstanding

mrpier
29-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Have E been started? I can't see a calendar or anything.

President Weasel
29-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Have E been started? I can't see a calendar or anything.

It has now!
The fixtures are mildly confusing because one of you has a different name in the game than on the sheet, but I think they're correct.

frenz0rz
29-01-2013, 07:26 PM
I've spoken to BigC on the phone, he should be home later this evening to join Division K.

mrpier
29-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Karandraz and Dentharial is gonna have field day with my rookies, still 700-1100 in inducements should be interesting.

Oh, and thanks PW! :)

President Weasel
29-01-2013, 07:38 PM
I've spoken to BigC on the phone, he should be home later this evening to join Division K.

Excellent, thanks Frenz0rs. That's extremely helpful. Just Eard to go then. If BigC reads this post - can you apply to I instead? If you don't, and apply to K, that's still helpful and we'll kick K off and wait for Eard to move.

Everything is coming together nicely and I am pleased.

(Oh, and I noticed G wasn't started off either, so it is now. Everyone except K and I should now be started).

bigc90210
29-01-2013, 09:45 PM
applied to I, cheers to frenz for the headsup!

Delusibeta
29-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Karandraz and Dentharial is gonna have field day with my rookies, still 700-1100 in inducements should be interesting.

If they're going to have a field day with your team, I might as well book some coffins for my players right now.

President Weasel
29-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Right then! All divisions are now started! (unless one of them got missed, if so let us know)

Bigc90210 is actually in Division I

Eard is actually in Division K

(If you are reading this, Eard, don't change divisions now as it will ruin everything*)

Someone who is vaguely competent with the spreadsheet please make the relevant changes.

BigC, I am afraid your introduction to the divisions comes against a somewhat developed team with 1500-odd TV, and against Corkir who is a frighteningly competent coach. But losing's all part of the fun of BB, plus the god of bloodbowl is known for being capricious and having a mean sense of humour so your opposition may all suffer horrible injuries by turn 5. You never know.

thank you all and goodnight!

Someone appears to have already changed the spreadsheet. Nice!

*actually it would be eminently fixable, but don't do it anyway

smaug81
29-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Well, I never thought I'd see the day. . .

Apoplexy, my SPP hog Nurgle Warrior, has rolled +ST.

He is now a 5ST Block-MB-Claw-Guard monster.

He'll probably die next match. He's too beautiful to live.

cyberpunkdreams
29-01-2013, 11:33 PM
...beautiful...

Is that really the right word to use when discussing Nurgle?

Heliocentric
29-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Is that really the right word to use when discussing Nurgle?

Papa Nurgle loves all of his children.

Screwie
30-01-2013, 01:25 AM
Division A
The Splinters Rejects (UW, LowKey) vs Dread Pool (DElf, me)

The classy photoshopped tabloid headline for this match had just to be:

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc82/spuffpuppy/Blood%20Bowl/BBgameofshadows.jpg

So yeah, I might have a new favourite BB skill - my Shadowing players were freaking amazing in this game! :D A constant thorn in LowKey's side, at times they either caught him unaware or just provided a great deal of nuisance for his plans. Nuisance is valuable.

It started with my elves receiving and scoring a quick TD in turn 2 to take the lead. Then, the sweltering heat struck, overcoming six elves and five underworlders, including both LowKey's big guys (he induced Morg for the match) and one of his worrisome MB blitzers.

The next drive was surreal, both sides playing with reduced players only two turns into the match. Fortunately after fouling his other MB blitzer out of the drive (merely a KO, for which my lineman got sent off) I was able to stall out the game until halftime, by the whistle the elves were in control of the ball - but without a receiver within running distance of the end zone.

I made a much worse mistake in the second half. Defending against Lowkey's drive my elves pushed his team left and right leaving the centre only sparsely defended. Morg came barrelling through and created an opening for a skaven-lined cage deep in my own half. Scrambling back to re-cover the runners one of my elves slipped, and LowKey equalised right after.

A pitch invasion followed the next kick, allowing me again to dash forward, fend off the underworlders and score another 2-turn TD.

On the following kick a riot broke out, granting LowKey more time to pull the game back. I tried hard to peel back the wall of players he'd formed to protect his thrower, and managed to slip a Shadowing elf behind to mark him. Through extremely cunning positioning LowKey was able to pass the ball to another rat without allowing either of my Pass Blockers to interfere - there were just too many TZs to dodge through - and he brought the ball close to the goal line before suffering a catastrophic GFI failure.

The next few turns were a tussle around the ball in my half of the pitch but, in Turn 15, I found an opening and stole the ball. It was passed upfield to my AG 5 runner who then carried it within scoring distance. LowKey marked up with what he could, but most of the players on the pitch were way on the other side of the halfway line. My AG 5 player easily dodged away and ran it home on the final turn.

The Score: 3 - 1 to the Dread Pool

Injury-wise my team escaped with only a BH blitzer, amazing considering the amount of MB LowKey brought to the field. He didn't fare so well, one Dead goblin, two more BH and one of his throwers picked up a niggle.

I had four players levelling from this match, helped somewhat by the scoreline and the stunty opposition, but mostly because they'd just been resting below the next level for far too long already. One of my assassins finally reached level 2! No, he didn't roll a double. :(

Great game! Fun game.

LowKey
30-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Brilliant write up screwie, it really was shadowing vs stunty, still a fun game all together and my blitzer rolled a double and got jump up so he just needs claw and pile on

Screwie
30-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Ooh nasty! The blitzers really are excellent on the UW team.

My lvl 2 Blodge blitzer levelled up from the MVP and took +MA. After my MA 8 witch elf kicking all that butt, how could I not? Shadowing is probably in his future too, I think :)

Gorm
30-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Shadowing is awesome on gutterrunners.

Everblue
30-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Can you choose whether to shadow or not? Does the game give you an option? I'm never sure as to whether diving tackle is just better in most cases.

Screwie
30-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Cyanide's game actually asks you if you want to shadow, no matter what option you pick!

The one bug with it is it seems to check for shadowing before the dodge roll, which is a recent change that seemed to come in with Chaos Edition and is utterly backwards. This only really becomes noticeable when the Shadowing player also has Diving Tackle (not advisable while this bug persists).

What I love about Shadowing is it gets exponentially better the higher your MA is. Not only does it work more often against more opponents, it effectively makes your fastest players even faster.

Also, according to the CRP if there's a 5-point difference in MA in favour of the Shadower then it will never fail. Not sure if that holds true for Cyanide or not, but that is a scary thought...

frenz0rz
30-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Can you choose whether to shadow or not? Does the game give you an option? I'm never sure as to whether diving tackle is just better in most cases.

As with other skills, you can choose whether to make it optional or not in the game settings. A word of warning to all who've not yet realised - chaos edition resets all your optional skills! I watched a nasty game earlier this week where poor BigC was forced to use multiple block on his mummy when blocking a minotaur. Not fun!

President Weasel
30-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Cyanide's game actually asks you if you want to shadow, no matter what option you pick!

The one bug with it is it seems to check for shadowing before the dodge roll, which is a recent change that seemed to come in with Chaos Edition and is utterly backwards. This only really becomes noticeable when the Shadowing player also has Diving Tackle (not advisable while this bug persists).

What I love about Shadowing is it gets exponentially better the higher your MA is. Not only does it work more often against more opponents, it effectively makes your fastest players even faster.

Also, according to the CRP if there's a 5-point difference in MA in favour of the Shadower then it will never fail. Not sure if that holds true for Cyanide or not, but that is a scary thought...

If there's a 5 point difference in favour of the shadower then there's every chance that the shadowee is big and scary, and the shadower is small and fragile. In those instances, I'd be begging my opponent to shadow me. Oh no, how will I ever dodge away (SMASH!) from my relentless pursuer? (PUNCH) Whatever will I do? (Wet, gristly sound, muffled scream)

Everblue
30-01-2013, 02:36 PM
lol

10 characters

frenz0rz
30-01-2013, 02:41 PM
If there's a 5 point difference in favour of the shadower then there's every chance that the shadowee is big and scary, and the shadower is small and fragile. In those instances, I'd be begging my opponent to shadow me. Oh no, how will I ever dodge away (SMASH!) from my relentless pursuer? (PUNCH) Whatever will I do? (Wet, gristly sound, muffled scream)

Heh. Depends on the shadower I suppose - im sure we've all experienced that one little blodging sacrificial lamb next to your big guy who you simply cannot seem to roll a defender down for on a two die block. You can batter him away for a turn before he comes back, but your only sure method of escape is to use your blitz.

Screwie
30-01-2013, 03:02 PM
If the Shadower also has Dodge and Side Step, it's not so easy. But yes variations on bashing are the typical counters.

Not that it needs to be so extreme - a 4-point difference only has a 2.7% chance of Shadow failing, a 3-point difference 8.3%. Thanks to the 2d6 probability curve it starts in your favour (58% chance of success at even MA) and ramps up quickly.

Everblue
30-01-2013, 03:43 PM
I guess. It's just that shadow failing does not lead to a turnover - it just means that to move a second square you have to dodge again.

I'm thinking that it could be used to drag the shadower (say) next to some wrestly/tackly bugger who could then block the marker away. Or you could put them in a square to allow them to be crowdsurfed. Or something. I just thing that DT might be better.

Dunno though.

potatoedoughnut
30-01-2013, 03:47 PM
I guess. It's just that shadow failing does not lead to a turnover - it just means that to move a second square you have to dodge again.

I'm thinking that it could be used to drag the shadower (say) next to some wrestly/tackly bugger who could then block the marker away. Or you could put them in a square to allow them to be crowdsurfed. Or something. I just thing that DT might be better.

Dunno though.

DT puts your guy on the floor though, even if it fails, which might leave you open to a foul (usually DT is on a developed player that your opponent would be happy to remove).

Also if you ever don't want to use a skill you can double click the big skill window in match to manually turn skills on/off. I've used this to turn off tackle (which isn't optional for some reason) and turn off stand firm for chain pushes. It would also work in the case you forgot to make a skill optional. It's kind of a pain, but it's better than having to multi block every turn if you don't want to.

LowKey
30-01-2013, 03:58 PM

Dunno though.

Actually a few times in the game a shadower followed a goblin for its whole movement so you propose a viable tactic, a better coach would have used it to better effect than I

Screwie
30-01-2013, 04:16 PM

If the Shadower falls behind, it's still useful for getting them to move around the field, and typically out of tackle zones.

While Shadowing doesn't cause turnovers directly, every time that player leaves your tackle zone they have to dodge. So the skill can cause turnovers by attrition, since Dodge and Break Tackle only work once a turn (and it's especially evil against Break Tackle users). Turning a single dodge roll into two, three or more is very disruptive.

At any step the Shadower can simply choose to stop, so unless it's imperative they chase the shadowee down they probably won't run into that kind of trap.

If you did lure the Shadower into the TZ of a nasty tackler or another trap, the shadowee is still wasting their action for the turn. More likely the tackler will just charge in and blitz the Shadower out the way - it's generally better economy of actions, not least because the shadowee is generally someone you want to waste a turn repositioning.

I like both Shadowing and DT. Which of them is more useful really depends on your opponent, which is why I like to have both (just not on the same player).

Squiz
30-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Heh. Depends on the shadower I suppose - im sure we've all experienced that one little blodging sacrificial lamb next to your big guy who you simply cannot seem to roll a defender down for on a two die block. You can batter him away for a turn before he comes back, but your only sure method of escape is to use your blitz.This, good Sir, is why we use three die blocks against those pests.

NieA7
30-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Generally speaking I've found if a player's fast enough to make good use of shadowing I'd rather not have them cuddling up to anything with evil intent. It's been a proper pain when I've had to play against it though, especially for Amazons. I guess it could be a good option for skaven and elf linemen, plus maybe general catchers specifically built for it, but in general I prefer diving tackle.

Eard
30-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Excellent, by doing nothing I ended up correct!

(sorry, saw the update but totally forgot to reapply my team :( )

Axler
30-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Division F

Necrosity (Axler) 3 Vs 0 Red Alert Military (Elesium)

A rather severe nuffling decided this one unfortunately. Elesium just couldn't get a break in between dropped balls bouncing into my players hands, ablitz which resulted in a defensive TD and the worst of them all a pitch invasion which knocked over 6 of his Dwarfs inlcuding both Trollslayers and Ironjaw on my offence leaving his defense with no way to stop my team charging into his half. He had a brief moment of luck when he fireballed my cage causing a injury and KO to my Golem and ball carrying Ghoul respectively then injuring my Star Wolf the next block but nuffle turned away from him again soon after and my other WW scooped up the ball and ran in my third TD.

President Weasel
30-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Excellent, by doing nothing I ended up correct!

(sorry, saw the update but totally forgot to reapply my team :( )

No worries, I can hardly complain that you applied to the Division you were supposed to, well before the deadline :)

President Weasel
30-01-2013, 10:30 PM
http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=210853&lang=en&bg=orca

Had some decent injury dice but my go for it dice were appalling. Some people think the chances of failing a go for it, with a reroll, are around 1/36. Those fools have no idea what they are talking about - I have empirical evidence that it's around 2/3. In the first half I'd successfully switched the play and was charging the lone ball carrier up the opposite side of the pitch from all the other players. There was one ghoul who could have got into base contact, with 2GFIs, the following turn, and no other player who could get into blocking range to stop the touchdown once I'd blitzed the sidestep-less ghoul away. My player failed a go for it, and failed the reroll.
The following turn I failed another go for it scrambling to get back in position (after using up my reroll on a double skull in my first block, which was supposed to free up a player and reduce the need for go for its). The turn after that, only one beastman could possibly prevent Under7s touchdown. He made a heroic dodge, and another (it helps that he's ag4 and has dodge), charged down the pitch... and failed a go for it and a reroll.

At that point I began to swear at the dice in all caps. Under7 was very understanding.

Don't get me wrong - I don't think I deserved a victory. For starters, after my usual starting formation had failed against Under7 I set up exactly the same way the next time. But I should never have seen my opening touchdown turn into Under7's opening touchdown like that.

Elesium
31-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Axler was a great sport the entire game and Nuffle really threw all he could at me. Looks like this won't be a fun season, with almost 900TV separating me from Gorms team, I just hope to survive this Season.

Gorm
31-01-2013, 01:12 AM
You're playing dwarfs....

Elesium
31-01-2013, 01:28 AM
True, however your level 6/5 etc guys will give you the advantage, plus you know having double the movement helps haha

Heliocentric
31-01-2013, 04:11 AM
You're playing dwarfs....

I did warn him. He knew best.

bigc90210
31-01-2013, 09:55 AM
As with other skills, you can choose whether to make it optional or not in the game settings. A word of warning to all who've not yet realised - chaos edition resets all your optional skills! I watched a nasty game earlier this week where poor BigC was forced to use multiple block on his mummy when blocking a minotaur. Not fun!

Mmmm yes. Luckily I caught onto this pretty quickly, won't make the same mistake twice though! /changes settings back to normal!

frenz0rz
31-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Division J

The New Wave (Elf, Everblue) 1 vs 2 Heroes of Holmgard (Norse, Frenz0rz)

Everblue played well - I can't stress that enough. For a fresh Elf team comprised of eight linemen, two blitzers and a thrower, he put up a damn good fight against my equally fresh Norse lads.

The Elves win the toss, and recieve. A riot ensues and the ref moves the clock forward. They are initially cautious; the thrower recieves in the back field and they hold their ground after the initial LoS push, as if daring my Norse to commit to the melee. The Norse hesitantly move their formation forward after a short blitz, and await the Elf response. A few more punches, a reroll is used. An Elf lineman goes to dodge away from an Berserker and - disaster! - trips over. The Norse seize the initiative and charge the backfield, knocking the ball carrier to the floor.

However, I had overcommitted. The ball is scooped up a turn later from the backfield by the very elf who'd dropped it, passed to another in the centre and, a few prods and pushes later, he is away through a small gap in my lines. A scrabble ensues for a couple more turns, but Elves hold fast and the TD is made.

1-0 The New Wave

The Norse set up to recieve. A blitz! A few blocks on the LoS and an elf lineman tries to sprint up to the ball which is deep in the Norse half, but again trips over. The Norse move up the right flank in hopes of setting up a loose screen, but in the final action of the turn, the thrower fails to pick the ball up. The elf lineman gets up again, moves into the thrower's tackle zone and picks up the ball. He dodges out successfully, sprints toward the endzone - and trips over AGAIN! The Norse thrower then succeeds in picking the ball up, hurls it up the pitch to a runner, who then fumbles it. The Elf team tries to capitalise but are forcibly removed from the vicinity of the ball by an angry berserker. It is then picked up by a runner, sprinted up the pitch on a double GFI and handed off into the safe clutches of an ulfwerener, who runs it in to score on another double GFI. On turn 8. Phew.

1-1 Half time

Most notably, despite a huge number of successful blocks for the Norse team - and a not inconsiderable number from the Elves - there have been only stuns so far. This will change in the second half.

The Norse recieve, and after a hand off and a throw manage to drive a runner up the far right of the pitch with a screen of two ulfwereners and two lineman. The runner is within scoring distance for next turn. At this point, all but three Elves are now either on the floor or committed to melee. Everblue makes a valiant effort, but a few (more) unlucky rolls give no joy, and the first casualty is made from an ulfwerener's block to an Elf lineman who is badly hurt. Another turn, and the runner scores relatively unchallenged.

2-1 Heroes of Holmgard

The Elves have a difficult path ahead of them. The thrower recieves the ball and again sits in the backfield, while the rest of the team make probing efforts to find a way through the Norse defence. For a while it looks like they may have the upper hand, with multiple Norsemen beaten to the ground, but the Norse soon come back and the Elf thrower is pressured by an ulfwerener rapidly charging him down. The ulfwerener is then tied up with a blitzer and the Elves take one last shot at forcing their way down their left flank.

A lineman makes a break for the end zone, the thrower lobs it - but the pass is off. Both teams scrabble for the ball, and the game eventually descends into a sordid melee in which one Elf lineman is KOed, two more are badly hurt, and another trips over and dies whilst trying to escape the carnage. The rest of the team wisely decide to remain prone as a Norse runner tries a final sprint with the ball to the end zone, and fails on the second GFI. A couple of Elves get up, punch a berserker in the face, and the game ends.

Well played though, Everblue. You played to your team's strengths, and it would've gone a lot smoother if you had a bit of dodge on your players. I admit had a fair degree of luck when it came to block rolls, and even better luck when it came to injuries. However, for a game comprised almost entirely of AV7 players, the result could have been a lot worse than one death and no permanent injuries.

Edit: I almost forgot, Everblue's MVP went to the dead lineman :(

palindrome
31-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Well my Norse got thrashed by Nuffle and Heliocentric's damn elves. A critical early casualty, player ineptitude and Nuffle ensured that it was not a good match for me. The highlights include Heliocentric using his apothecary on turn 14 to re-roll a KO even though I am allegedly a bashy team and my Berserker splattering his ball carrier on the line and failing to pick up the ball only to see it bounce into the waiting arms of a random elf standing behind my touchline resulting in an elf TD on my own turn (and the very last turn of the game).

Not a very fun game.

Heliocentric
31-01-2013, 11:42 PM
my Berserker splattering his ball carrier on the line and failing to pick up the ball only to see it bounce into the waiting arms of a random elf standing behind my touchline resulting in an elf TD on my own turn (and the very last turn of the game).
You got 2 turn 16's and I didn't get one :'( I also killed a Norseman ^_^ I'm too tired to do a proper write up.

chadsexington
01-02-2013, 04:00 AM
I played cyberpunks gobbos (DIV J) tonight, and there are but a few highlights.

first - the nuffling ended up being strong, despite the obvious matchup problems (dwarf v gobbo)
second - A Troll ATE a goblin in a throw attempt. First time for me, it was brilliant. Would eat again.
third - My second dwarf leveled. My first one was rolled back along with the match last season as it was late to submission. This one was killed by the crowd. Damnit.

At any rate, Cyber took another beating. Here's hoping he rolls into a race that doesn't invite a thrashing so quickly ;)

Everblue
01-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Some words

Cheers for the match. I enjoyed it, and could even have got a draw if it wasn't for your ball-playing werewolf's heroics in the first half.

The MVP going to Alison Moyet (RIP) was a bit annoying, true, but Neil Tennant levelled up with a TD and three completions, so now I have at least one player with dodge! Roll on the chaos dwarves - I might even have enough inducements for Morg!

Screwie
01-02-2013, 10:04 AM
... my Berserker splattering his ball carrier on the line and failing to pick up the ball only to see it bounce into the waiting arms of a random elf standing behind my touchline resulting in an elf TD on my own turn (and the very last turn of the game).

Glorious elfery!

You got 2 turn 16's and I didn't get one :'( I also killed a Norseman ^_^ I'm too tired to do a proper write up.

Also nice to find another aspect of the Cyanide game which fails to keep with the CRP. :P

(What should have happened was Helio's turn tracker should have advanced 1 after the TD (so in this case, simply ending the match) before kicking off again.)

bigc90210
01-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Cheers for the match. I enjoyed it, and could even have got a draw if it wasn't for your ball-playing werewolf's heroics in the first half.

The MVP going to Alison Moyet (RIP) was a bit annoying, true, but Neil Tennant levelled up with a TD and three completions, so now I have at least one player with dodge! Roll on the chaos dwarves - I might even have enough inducements for Morg!

I spectated that match, was VERY entertaining to watch, though noone deserves for the MVP to go to a dead player, thats just annoying.

Still, having said that it was a very good game to watch and at the end of the first half it couldve went either way. good fun :)

Everblue
01-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Arrgh! I didn't know anyone was watching otherwise I'd have fouled a bit.

frenz0rz
01-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Arrgh! I didn't know anyone was watching otherwise I'd have fouled a bit.

You don't know how tempting it was to foul the hell out of your team. That sweet, sweet crunch of elf 'neath studded boot. I held myself back though, as even one or two sent off players could have tipped the balance considerably in your favour. An open pitch is not what you want against an elf team.

Delusibeta
01-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Are we underway yet? Yes? Might as well get round to organising my match, then. >.>

Everblue
01-02-2013, 03:28 PM
We've been underway for about a week! There was a post and everything...

Screwie
01-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Can an admin roll on Division A in time for the weekend, please? The extra days would be useful.

President Weasel
01-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Are the matches done?

Screwie
01-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Look, I know I can be flaky sometimes, but you can check the spreadsheet if you want to make sure :)

LowKey
01-02-2013, 04:58 PM
GOTS ta GET MA KHEMRI PUNCH ON BRO

ahem

Zoraster
01-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Can an admin roll on Division A in time for the weekend, please? The extra days would be useful.

Sorted boss.

Screwie
01-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Thank you Z!

Rotekian
01-02-2013, 07:36 PM
The Ball Curse 1 - 1 Cheese It!!!

A big mismatch in team experience encouraged a mercenary assassin and Horkon Heartripper on to the pitch for the Ball Curse and from the very start they set about stabbing the Skaven into submission. The Skaven received on the first kick and were down to just 6 players on the field by the time they got their only touchdown of the match. The rest of the half was a fairly even melee with the occasional Skaven injury.

The second half got underway with the Dark Elves attempting to murder their way through the centre. A tactic that was initially effective before being completely shut down by Skaven re-positioning That left an opening on the flank however and the Dark Elves were eventually able to drive up the pitch for the equalizer. Much like the first half the remainder of the second half devolved into a brawl in the centre of the pitch with neither side getting enough of an edge to progress the ball down field.

Delusibeta
02-02-2013, 04:02 PM
We've been underway for about a week! There was a post and everything...

Yeah, I know. My match with Dentharial has been pencilled in for Tuesday.

The Brain
02-02-2013, 08:56 PM
My Delves just took a pasting at the hands of Web-Cole's Helves. It was our first game and we took 2 MNGs to the runner and a blitzer, a -AV to a lineman and a BH to another lineman. OUCH! If a kindly admin is about to validate the match and move on Div H then Helio and I might be able to get our game in this weekend. Oh yeah, we lost 0-1 too.

Heliocentric
02-02-2013, 09:08 PM
My Delves just took a pasting at the hands of Web-Cole's Helves. It was our first game and we took 2 MNGs to the runner and a blitzer, a -AV to a lineman and a BH to another lineman. OUCH! If a kindly admin is about to validate the match and move on Div H then Helio and I might be able to get our game in this weekend. Oh yeah, we lost 0-1 too.

Muwhahaahaha--hkkk *chokes on dried mango strip*

President Weasel
02-02-2013, 09:18 PM
If a kindly admin is about to validate the match and move on Div H then Helio and I might be able to get our game in this weekend.

Someone appears to have done this already. I'll get Rotekian's match validated and moved on.

Heliocentric
02-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Someone appears to have done this already. I'll get Rotekian's match validated and moved on.

>_< Yeah, sorry we both asked different ways about the same time. We played our match, got to turn 10 2-0 ahead (looking at a potential 3rd TD) and my net crapped out. "The Brain" agreed to a rematch later in the week, Sorry brain-person, you'll have to stab even more elves before you will be free of me.

The Brain
02-02-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm more than happy with a do over since I was getting creamed anyway. I'm not having much luck with Delves so far. Corkir or Screwie, any tips you can pass my way?

President Weasel
02-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Here is a tip - do not listen to the lies about "the running game". Don't be afraid to chuck the thing like elves do. Your runners get access to throwing skills - just because they have dump off, that doesn't mean you should play like you want them to get hit. You do get two runners though, so you could consider giving one accurate and pass and giving the other one nerves of steel to be more of a catcher.
Also don't think just because you're evil and have black armour you should get in melee; your armour isn't amazing, it's just not as horrible as pro elves and flower elves, and your mans are expensive. Pick your fights, use your ag4 to dodge away and to gang up so you end up with a bunch of 2D blocks on your turn and very few blocks on his. Use your agility to make columns of twos in front of an enemy cage, not in base contact, thus slowing it down.

palindrome
03-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Depending on how this season goes I may retire my Norse, they just aren't advancing (after 6 games one of my berserkers and a werewolf still don't have a single SPP). I'm also don't think that they have long term viability due to a distinct lack of guard and weak armour.

If they end up going nowhere I think I will give Orcs a go for nostalgias sake.

JayTee
03-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Just miserably lost 2-0 to Screwie in Division A.

Definitely time to retire the team, carrying 3 rookies when you're at ~1900TV is just too painful. I'm not writing up anything more than that; I played terribly, my dice were total shit, and my team were useless. I'm done.

Heliocentric
03-02-2013, 11:47 AM
If they end up going nowhere I think I will give Orcs a go for nostalgias sake.

Certainly play out your matches, you might have a revelation. Guard that AG4 guy. If you go orc resist the temptation of black orcs. They are a waste of TV imho.

Screwie
03-02-2013, 12:09 PM
@JayTee, I'll write it up in a bit.

@Brain, As for Dark Elf advice, I would say follow what PW said, especially about shuffling people around to get 2D blocks.

All the Dark Elf team lacks out of the box is a decent long range thrower. The Pass skill alone fixes that. But at AG 4 anyone on an elf side can be counted on to do a quick/short pass if unmarked and to catch an accurate pass.

You don't need to run the ball all the way, a dark elf cage is typically a stalling tactic to get your opponent to over-extend and leave an opening for a pass.

My team currently doesn't have a dedicated thrower (or catcher for that matter) and while I mostly get by, there are times I definitely miss out on those long throwing TDs. So look at how Corkir's doing it, or read up on BBTactics, and probably don't look at my team too closely.

Only have one witch elf at most, until she is no longer a liability (typically after she gets Block/Wrestle and Side Step). Then hire the other. Assassins can be ignored entirely. I have two of them. Again, pay no attention to my team.

Also be aware of how many AV 7 players you are fielding at a time. It's the Dark Elf weak spot in an otherwise glorious stat block, and an aware and bashy coach may try and reduce your numbers quickly by focussing on them. Because of recent lineman deaths, I've just gone through a series of games with more AV 7 players on my team than AV 8. In every game I would run dry of acceptable losses for the LoS and putting even your blitzers there is horrible feeling.

Heliocentric
03-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Assassin's are great when you are facing 2000+ TV opponents, don't start a team with them, think of them as a risk free blodge, strength and guard defying assault.

NieA7
03-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Definitely time to retire the team, carrying 3 rookies when you're at ~1900TV is just too painful.

It's funny how this works. Bashy teams are meant to come into their own at high TV, but lose a leveled up blocker and it's incredibly painful to replace him. On the other hand teams that suffer from attrition generally come with reasonable players out of the box that are easy to level if you concentrate on them. Necro's got both - I've not had any problem leveling replacement wolves and ghouls at a reasonable pace (including one of each at the same time recently), but the "new" flesh golem is languishing on 7SPP after 23ish matches and is a bit of a white elephant.

Basically bash teams have a lot more reason to be frightened of other bash teams than elves do.

Jiiiiim
03-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Something you could consider is a drastic TV trim. Retire the bloat, knock off a couple of rerolls, and start again. Might make you mroe competitive.

20phoenix
03-02-2013, 12:56 PM
It's funny how this works. Bashy teams are meant to come into their own at high TV, but lose a leveled up blocker and it's incredibly painful to replace him. On the other hand teams that suffer from attrition generally come with reasonable players out of the box that are easy to level if you concentrate on them. Necro's got both - I've not had any problem leveling replacement wolves and ghouls at a reasonable pace (including one of each at the same time recently), but the "new" flesh golem is languishing on 7SPP after 23ish matches and is a bit of a white elephant.

Basically bash teams have a lot more reason to be frightened of other bash teams than elves do.

I find this to be quite true. I recently lost the two best players I have - on the necro team that lost the wolf I also had two level 2 wights and a niggle/-MA wolf while still running at around 1700-1800 TV. In the end I ditched the team as I couldn't compete in games as all the game changing pieces were essentially rookies. In comparison the woodie who lost both wardancers in quick succession including the stat freak one look to be in much better shape to handle carrying the two most important positionals being rookies.

I do however think this is less of a problem in a league format than MM.

frenz0rz
03-02-2013, 01:14 PM
...but the "new" flesh golem is languishing on 7SPP after 23ish matches and is a bit of a white elephant.

I've always found Flesh Golems horrendous to level, mostly because their stats (particularly Mov 4 + Stand Firm) tend to lend them toward being used as roadblocks; either to guard the sidelines or tie up Str 5 big guys. I've got two of these guys on a Necro team who have played around 25 games. One has 7 SPPs, the other has 4. And of course, they never seem to get MVP.

For a while I've been thinking of changing my use of Flesh Golems to get them a few more SPPs - heck, even just block - but ultimately I find they're too good at what they do. That is to say, just standing there and being punched in the face.

NieA7
03-02-2013, 01:33 PM
But they're so much more useful being punched in the face if they have guard. I figured the "new" golem was allergic to SPP when it got knocked down with the ball two squares from the endzone by a human catcher without block >.> The old golem's gone on a bit of a murder spree lately, now it's got mighty blow he's turned into a bit of a beast. They're awesome players, probably the most important on a necro team (no point moving fast if you've got no space to run in), but they're just so damn slow it's painful watching them progress.

Axler
03-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Delfs I consider more of a hybrid style team in that you tend to want to bash against ball playing teams and play elfball versus the bashers.

Yup leveling my FG's is the hardest part of playing Necro made even more frustrating by the fact that a level 2 FG with Block and Guard is a much much more useful thing than the level 0 one.

Screwie
03-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Division A
Dread Pool (DElf, me) vs Dead Comic Society (Khe, JayTee)
(Sorry, no photoshop this time)

Okay, so I did my homework on this one.

I'd checked out JayTee's team roster and predicted nasty violence - a Mighty Blow guardian and worse, a MB/Tackle blitzer. Not to mention two Dirty Player skeletons. I was hoping mostly to keep my players intact. An extra body would certainly help there, so I bought a lineman/meatshield which neatly brought my TV advantage to 240k - just enough so JayTee would have to choose between a Wizard and two other more useful things. Nevertheless, if I could remove those two MB players from the game, I could probably weather the rest of it - at least long enough to take the lead.

That was my plan going into it, and it worked out surprisingly well. The tomb guardian got hurt on a straight-up block (he regened, but he was gone for a while) and the problem blitzer was fouled into the KO bin. With them gone, I just had to hold back the undead cage and try and pry the ball away from JayTee's extremely skilled thro-ra... a process that took nearly the entire half.

When I finally did break the cage a lucky bounce landed the ball behind it, in the hands of one of my lineman marking a tomb guardian. He wasn't holding onto it for long, but the ball bounced even further from the undead and I wrangled an avenue for an elf blitzer to dodge through and pick it up.

Then I took a gamble - I chucked the ball to an empty square near the opposing goal line. The lone blitzer probably couldn't keep the ball from the eneemy throughout the opposition's turn, but he definitely could outrun them!

The ball landed in the perfect spot, out of even GFI range almost all JayTee's players. JayTee tried to knock my player down but couldn't stop a blitzer dashing up to the ball - only to fumble the pick-up horribly.

JayTee suffered an early turnover but punctuated it with a Wizard's lightning bolt... which fizzled and missed the blitzer! He grabbed the ball this time and scooted over the line in Turn 8.

Half-time Score: 1-0 to Dread Pool

Of course, both those problem players were back again. But this time I was receiving.

Pretty much my entire team scooted left and set up a cage/wall with my ball-carrier (a runner) trailing behind. My witch elf blitzed the veteran blitzer and parked herself a few squares ahead of the cage, while the linemen on the LoS prevented the undead from going round the back.

The dark elves pushed up again next turn, (somewhat) intentionally exposing the runner by bringing him in range for an assist on the witch elf's block. My cage followed up, surrounding the MB guardian and pushing him over, although this time the gang foul only succeeded in getting my rookie assassin sent off (double 2 when I needed a 5+, bah).

JayTee's turn again - a blitz happened, and a dump-off happened - the pass fumbled but happily landed in the witch elf's square anyway. The next turn, she was away and over the line.

At this point JayTee conceded it was impossible for him to draw the match, but as a good sport he carried on anyway.

The final drive was much like the first one, the elves against the cage, trying to find a way in. Making little progress, JayTee's thro-ra ball carrier broke ranks and ran for the line, leaving himself on the edge of a loose line of undead with most of my team on the other side of it. My witch elf ran him down, knocking the ball off-pitch.

The throw-in landed on the left flank completely in the open, so with my blitzer running within scoring distance, I sent a lineman back to reclaim the ball... and he failed the pick-up. Twice. No elf-tastic Turn 16 TD for me, then.

Full-time Score: 2-0 to Dread Pool

The story of the match is that I was lucky and JayTee wasn't. The first half was tense but JayTee's blocks weren't connecting like he needed to and the second half was miserable for him. I even won the bashing game, inflicting two casualties (one regen'd) and taking one in return (one apoth'd). So yeah, this wasn't his day.

JayTee
04-02-2013, 09:35 AM

Basically bash teams have a lot more reason to be frightened of other bash teams than elves do.Yeah in 2 seasons I've lost 2 level 4 Tomb Guardians. That lost me 2x Mighty Blow, 2x Guard, a Stand-Firm, and a Grab. Combined with my "replacement" Blitz-Ra, who is still a rookie after something like 18 matches, I'm severely down on the utility the team desperately needs. So while I've got a pair of frankly superb Thro-Ras (Screwie had a nightmare trying to down the Block/Fend/Dodge one), and a really decent MB/Guard/Tackle Blitz-Ra, the previous solid core of Tomb Guardians is sorely lacking. The loss of Mighty Blow being one of the real pains, with only 2x MB on the team it's really not all that scary. Screwie highlighted this by standing the supposedly squishy elves in bashing range nearly the entire match.

I injured one. With a Kick Skeleton.
The ST6 Tomb Guardian? One stun, one KO. Useless bastard.

Something you could consider is a drastic TV trim. Retire the bloat, knock off a couple of rerolls, and start again. Might make you mroe competitive.I've pondered trimming some fat, but outside of the Block Skeleton and the backup DP Skeleton, there's actually not much bloat in the team. I'm loathe to drop to 12 players by not replacing one with a rookie, so at the most I'm dropping 80TV which is a small drop in the ocean. While dropping re-rolls would net a healthy return on TV (70TV per re-roll), playing Khemri with any less than 3 re-rolls is a nightmare especially with 2 rookie Tomb Guardians and my obsession with rolling 1s.

I think it's just an uphill struggle from here, as it'll take an age to skill up 2 rookie Tomb Guardians and a second Blitz-Ra and with stats of W:3 D:5 L:6 since moving to Australia, I'm thinking the climate doesn't agree with Khemri. Time to cut them and pick up something else, and frankly I've been pondering a Chaos Dwarf team for ages now... Beards. Yum.

LowKey
04-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Dont worry JayTee at least you can smush my poor gobbos next game

Heliocentric
04-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Khemri are sat in an odd place, despite the blind panic the St5 players cause once they get out of base contact they become useless, and if your opponent's decide to start hitting you av7 skeletons and decay tomb guardians make a pretty vulnerable side.

Once you consider their low scoring potential they almost seem tier 2.

ChainsawHands
04-02-2013, 01:15 PM
If you go orc resist the temptation of black orcs. They are a waste of TV imho.This talk? This talk is crazy talk.

frenz0rz
04-02-2013, 01:38 PM
This talk? This talk is crazy talk.

Despite their relative difficulty to level, particularly before they get block, i'm inclined to agree; i'd still take all four of them on a new orc team. What's your reasoning, Helio? Do you just prefer a more mobile game when playing orcs? In which case, do you skip the troll too?

Screwie
04-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Well my latest orc team took 4 goblins instead, and now I'm not sure I'd ever go back!

Decay is the real killer for the khemri, they got nerfed too hard in LRB6. The fact that mummies are the best big guys and tomb guardians are the worst speaks volumes.

President Weasel
04-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Black Orcs are a little overpriced next to Chaos Warriors, but that's because Chaos Warriors are ridunculously cheap. Orcs aren't particularly handicapped by TV issues; I can't imagine not getting all four of the big, tough, dumb, slow, green meatshields. I'd sooner not get the troll - and I'd always get the troll. The troll on the orc team, the beast on the Nurgle team, the trees on the halfling team, those are the ones I wouldn't even think about. For orcs I'd be wondering "lineman or goblin?" but never "black orcs, yay or nay?"
Although to make an unusual team for flavour I can see making a "goblin" team that doesn't have special weapons but does have orc blitzers in it. Should be interesting to play, and hopefully allow your goblins to do a lot of fouling since you won't need to use bribes to keep the special weapons around, but if you're talking long term league position or win/loss percentage, a standard orc team's going to do better in the long run.

Squiz
04-02-2013, 02:13 PM
This talk? This talk is crazy talk.True. St4, S access, AV9, 4(!) of them - Black Orcs are central to any Orc team apart from a few gimmicky team builds (like serveral Goblins, more Linemen, etc.). BOs are key to pitch control and a very important factor to playing to the Orcs strength.

Everblue
04-02-2013, 02:21 PM
I think he was kidding (he's a pro elf coach, remember...!)

ChainsawHands
04-02-2013, 02:23 PM
He's more of a fouling coach who happens to be playing a pro elf team at the moment. ;-)

Everblue
04-02-2013, 02:24 PM
The fact that mummies are the best big guys and tomb guardians are the worst speaks volumes.

Mummies and Tomb Guardians are costed as blockers, not big guys. You need to compare them against black orcs, saurus, etc. Also, I would take a Tomb Guardian over any of the big guys as they have no negatrait or loner. They are so reliable!

Screwie
04-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Okay then:

The fact that mummies are the best big guys/blockers and tomb guardians are the worst speaks volumes.

Still true, whatever your definition :P

Everblue
04-02-2013, 03:12 PM
lol

Fair enough :)

President Weasel
04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Access to 4 str 5 guys whose only negatrait is if you somehow manage to injure one they roll twice on the table is somehow a bad thing?

Everblue
04-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I think he would prefer four mummies...

chadsexington
04-02-2013, 03:53 PM
I've found that keeping all your skeletons at level 2 with just wrestle will help with bloat. Also, if you are concerned abou TV, run with only one thro-ra and try to score your TDs with your blitzers until you can get MB/PO/tackle.

i found that wrestle works wonders as it will allow your TGs more maneuverability and let your blitz-ras charge easier. It will open you up to skele fouls, of course, but thems the brakes.

i have a fairly successful open league team of khemris with that formula

Heliocentric
04-02-2013, 03:57 PM
What's your reasoning, Helio? Do you just prefer a more mobile game when playing orcs? In which case, do you skip the troll too? Not joking, but obviously there are very different ways to develop orcs. Personally I find that starting rerolls and a deep bench is such an important thing for orcs that sacrificing some beef is acceptable. Goblins or line orcs are both valid fillers depending on your style.

If i was ignoring goblins I might take 1 black orc as a substitute troll.

Squiz
04-02-2013, 04:54 PM
snipInteresting. In my experience Orcs have very little problems with their bench at the start of their career given their overall high AV. Usually BOBs are taken from the beginning since every chance of getting MVPs on them is so valuable. Going 4 BOBs, 4 Blitzers, 2 Linemen, 1 Thrower, 3 RRs costs you 990k. Since Orcs care little for attrition (if you're not facing a lot of claw), you can soon buy another Thrower or the Troll, depending on personal preference. Conservative play usually allowed me to stick with 3RRs, which is quite enough I feel. If you're struggling, you can always buy the 4th one lateron.

I have a hard time imagining a more effective setup with less than all 4 BOBs.

mrpier
04-02-2013, 05:34 PM
You need a deep bench from the start if you're going to foul every other turn.

potatoedoughnut
04-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Access to 4 str 5 guys whose only negatrait is if you somehow manage to injure one they roll twice on the table is somehow a bad thing?

TG start with no skills while most big guys start with at least MB and maybe some other useful stuff. This means TG develop slower and cost more once developed.

Decay plus the lack of MB means that once one dies (which decay helps) it will take longer to level again.

Most big guys are effective out of the box or with 1 or 2 skills (guard/jugg/stand firm/grab), TG really don't start to do anything other than be st5 until they have several levels.

Janek
04-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Pretty much agree - they were too powerful in LRB4 (no decay, started with mighty blow and had General access) but we've gone too far the other way now. Taking away G access is fine but I'd have either taken away MB or added decay, not both at the same time.

Heliocentric
04-02-2013, 06:49 PM
You need a deep bench from the start if you're going to foul every other turn.

Goblins with sneaky git ftw.

Screwie
04-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Interesting. In my experience Orcs have very little problems with their bench at the start of their career given their overall high AV. Usually BOBs are taken from the beginning since every chance of getting MVPs on them is so valuable. Going 4 BOBs, 4 Blitzers, 2 Linemen, 1 Thrower, 3 RRs costs you 990k. Since Orcs care little for attrition (if you're not facing a lot of claw), you can soon buy another Thrower or the Troll, depending on personal preference. Conservative play usually allowed me to stick with 3RRs, which is quite enough I feel. If you're struggling, you can always buy the 4th one lateron.

I have a hard time imagining a more effective setup with less than all 4 BOBs.

My goblin-centric team was 4 blitzers, 1 thrower, 2 linemen, 4 goblins, the troll and 4 TRRs. You could swap the troll for 2 linemen to start with a deeper bench, but then you lose out on TTM shenanigans.

In all seriousness I would hire black orcs at some point too, but 4 blitzers were enough to carry the team against other rookie sides - and goblins are simply great on the orc team.

President Weasel
04-02-2013, 07:28 PM
TG start with no skills while most big guys start with at least MB and maybe some other useful stuff. This means TG develop slower and cost more once developed.

Decay plus the lack of MB means that once one dies (which decay helps) it will take longer to level again.

Most big guys are effective out of the box or with 1 or 2 skills (guard/jugg/stand firm/grab), TG really don't start to do anything other than be st5 until they have several levels.

They're not big guys though, they're blockers like black orcs or chaos warriors: 4 stronger than average players who start with no skills and level slowly. It's true they lack general access but they're strength 5 out the box.
They still terrify me even without general access, although I do see your and Janek's points.

Heliocentric
04-02-2013, 08:33 PM
They still terrify me even without general access, although I do see your and Janek's points.
That's just it, without the undue fear their worth dwindles. Marking a Tomb guardian up with a goblin, fling or snotling "'grats, you get triple dice but you still need a lucky roll to be free of the player". The one thing tomb guardians have going for them they can mark up the entire LOS with ST5, but without the double skill roll for block its kinda pointless.

If you opponent lets fear control their behaviour and makes high risk blocks and dodges then yes, the Tomb Guardian has earned its pay.

LowKey
04-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Dog Pants secured a handsome 2-1 over my mutated horrors through canny positioning and some surprisingly elf like plays, I increasingly feel that underworld need something between morg and dribble (who I swear people get a bonus against as they always seem to catch his bombs), ripper would have been useful.

Also side note, does the game no longer show accrued spp from the game until its validated? Wasn't showing on my MVP and I noticed it in my last game in the open where I had two journeymen skink and got one to score, then didn't know which was which to buy.

Screwie
04-02-2013, 10:27 PM
I've not seen journeymen in a while, but they definitely used to show SPPs when it came to hiring them. Could be another bug from the server move.

With Dribblesnot (or any bombardier) you don't throw your bombs at people, or they get to catch it like an accurate pass. Throw it next to them instead and hope the blast gets them. Although tomb guardians are as good a target as any if you want to risk the catch (it's unlikely they will make the return throw even if they do).

And damn, so I have to not-lose to Dog Pants to secure the division...

Speaking of validations, can we get Division A validated and rolled on again please? :D

Dog Pants
04-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Div A: The Splinters Rejects (UW, LowKey) 1 - 2 Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants)

The Splinters Rejects hideous mutant caged rat thing cheerleader steals the show as the game begins with a home team kick off. Anupshi Rises recover the ball and push up the centre of the pitch to be met by a bomb tossed by the Rejects' hired Star Player. Nobody is more astonished than the Tomb Guardian who intercepts it, and the bomb explodes in his hands as he tries to work out what to do next, temporarily removing him from the pitch. The Rejects exploit the hole in the defences to rush forward with the troll and several skaven to harass the ball carrier, but the Thro-Ra escapes and switches across the pitch to hand off to his colleague. The second Thro-Ra rushes up the left field with a few teammates, most of the Underworld players still bunched up around the centre line. The Rejects' bomber lobs another explosive at the charging Thro-Ra, who deftly returns it to a nearby skaven despite having one hand full with the ball. A quick hand-off later and the ball is being shuttled lineward by the more hardy Blitz-Ra. A lone goblin gets line side of him, but he is put into the injury box for his temerity and the Blitzer runs on to score.
The Splinters Rejects begin their offensive with another lobbed bomb which again takes a Tomb Guardian off the pitch. Shortly after, however, his luck runs out as yet another interception puts the bomb back at his feet. The squishy goblin's body is less resistant to explosives than the skeletal Khemri, and to the cries of an ice-cream seller he is carried off to the injury box. The ball, meanwhile, is carried forward to a goblin who is launched over the defensive line to a penetrating colleague, but unfortunately lands on his face. The ball is recovered by a lurking Thro-Ra who, with time running short, makes a medium pass to his colleague. The other Thro-Ra dashes lineward, and a pair of intercepting goblins look like they might halt him at the last minute, but a combination of their own misfortune and a bony fist to the nose leaves them both on the ground and the Khemri 2-0 up just before half time.

Anupshi Rises kick off the pitch to allow the Rejects to push hard on the right. The defence wraps around the aggressive offensive, and the ball is passed over them to a dodging goblin who has made space for himself in the opposing half. His possession is short lived though, being immediately sacked by a Blitz-Ra. The defenders push the Underworld players away from the ball as the Khemri struggle to pick it up, when a fireball erupts from the crowd and flattens most of them. This is all the opportunity needed to rush a Blitzer to the end zone, and an impressive long pass later the Splinters Rejects pull a point back.
A little time is left to play, and the Anupshi Thro-Ra doesn't help his team by failing to pick up the ball again. A nearby goblin takes the chance instead and returns with it to his own lines, and a fight breaks out behind him which claims a player on each side. Spotting the Tomb Guardian shaped hole in the defences, the goblin hands the ball to a Thrower who dashes down the right. The Khemri deep defence pays off again though, sacking the Thrower and recovering with a skeleton. However, there are more Underworld bearing down on the ball, still deep in the Khemri half, and despite the entire Underworld team being on the ground or off the pitch at once stage, they still threaten a recovery. The referee proves to be their undoing in the end, and the whistle blows before either side can make anything of the situation.

Heliocentric
04-02-2013, 11:47 PM
The post game sequence xp doesn't show properly any more. Odd bug really... It's hard to miss.

20phoenix
05-02-2013, 12:07 AM
I've not seen journeymen in a while, but they definitely used to show SPPs when it came to hiring them. Could be another bug from the server move.

With Dribblesnot (or any bombardier) you don't throw your bombs at people, or they get to catch it like an accurate pass. Throw it next to them instead and hope the blast gets them. Although tomb guardians are as good a target as any if you want to risk the catch (it's unlikely they will make the return throw even if they do).

And damn, so I have to not-lose to Dog Pants to secure the division...

Speaking of validations, can we get Division A validated and rolled on again please? :D

Done, done, done

Screwie
05-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Awesome, thanks!

(Also yay, got my first level 5 blitzer - and my first Diving Tackle!)

Indefatigible Snoozer
05-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Grinn and I played the last game of the Champs Day 1, so it can be rolled on. It was a terrible game for me - the worst I've played in a long time. My apologies to Grinn for being such a poor challenge. No permanent injuries at least, despite my dwarves apparently deciding to wear their paper armour.

Heliocentric
05-02-2013, 09:05 AM
No permanent injuries at least, despite my dwarves apparently deciding to wear their paper armour.
To be fair papiamachie is pretty robust in theory.

Kelron
05-02-2013, 12:29 PM
I plan on returning next season, do I add myself on the end of the sheet?

Janek
05-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Might as well, Kelron.

I have validated a handful of matches in assorted divisions.

Delusibeta
05-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Division E

Street Sweeping Scrubs [Delusibeta] 0-2 Da Blu Moonz [Dentharial]

Going in, I new I was at a large disadvantage, so Morg n Thorg recieved a phone call, along with a wizard. Nuffle agreed, and gave Blu Moonz a set of loaded attack die for the first half. Most of the first half was basically a brawl (or more specifically my ogre & Morg hitting people and everyone else doing their best pillow impression), until the DBM ball carrier succeeded in a pass (impressive for an orc) and a tactical error (I used a fireball instead of a lightning bolt) giving the first point for Da Blu Moonz.

Second half also started well: the ball fell out of play, so Morg got it. And then Nuffle came to reclaim his debt: moving a Blitzer across the field (since everyone else was occupied due to a Defence free turn), I took one Go For It space.

"You rolled a 1, you needed at least a 2, do you want to re-roll?"

Bah, go on then.

"You rolled a 1, TURNOVER!"

Just my luck. Morg got his face bashed, the ball nicked and I spent the second half doing basically the same as the first half, except not as well.

Frankly, however, I can't blame Nuffle for this one however: I was simply out-bashed, and DBM really deserved to score far more. In addition, the injuries actually was surprisingly fair: two on my side (one niggling) and one for DBM on my last turn of play (of which is a niggling injury). I'm reasonably happy with that.

Image report here (http://i.minus.com/iblRjAoR3RzPMA.png).

bigc90210
05-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Division I

The Leaflickers [BigC90210] 2 - 0 Goes well with Port [Alini / Sadface]

The game started, Goes well kicks off, The Leaflickers Wardancer blocks a Skaven Lineman in the first turn and instantly kills him outright

Ports' turn 1 involved the Giant Rat Ogre blitzing and not only causing a serious injury but also KO'ing himself.

From this point it all went down hill for the poor ports, horrendous dice rolls both in game and for recovering KO's were abound. The Rat Ogre failed to get up every time and spent the whole game in the KO box.

C

sinister agent
06-02-2013, 06:27 PM
I have missed the opening of my 6pm game against Zoraster (Div G), suddenly realising while fixing my other PC what time it was. Will wait around for a bit, but I know he said his schedule is really tight today, so if he's unable to play now, I think it might be necessary to call this one a 2-0 against me.

Zoraster
06-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Today is the last day of the opening round. Only 4 games outstanding which is good going given the late start, and at least one more of those is due to happen tonight. I've rolled all the other divisions onto week 2 so get arranging.

Groovy I'm not going to request an extension for my game in G. I've got a lot on over the next few days and having been stood up twice I'm not prepared to waste my time trying to find another window.

sinister agent
06-02-2013, 06:39 PM
I gave you several hours' notice on Sunday, and today I apologised as soon as I realised I was late. There's really no need for hyperbole or that attitude.

sadface
06-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Division I

The Leaflickers (BigC90210) 2 - 0 Goes Well With Port (Alini)

Rookie Wood Elf vs. rookie Skaven, you'd think the score would end up a 6:6, right? Well, it started with one my linerats dying on turn 1 and ended with around 4 rats on the pitch by turn 16...

Wood Elves were receiving and after spotting the gap where a foolishly positioned stormvermin left a clear path to a gutter runner, set up a form of cage on the line of scrimmage. On my first turn the rat ogre offered to wriggle into the cage. Both down? Oh alright, knocks him down, but also weakens the cage... Unfortunately it also knocked the rat ogre out and for the rest of the game. A couple of failed go for its for the rats and a couple of solid punches by the Welfs and soon the elves were just dancing about, passing the ball to and for, victimizing any rat that dared stand up (including the ball carrier hunting down a poor, innocent gutter runner for a blitz). They finally scored by running the ball to the end zone, passing it back into the field, then running back and handing it off in the end zone.

Alright, two turns left, not impossible to score for the rats. Positions everyone! Riot...

Ok, well there's always the second half! Positions everyone! Pefect defence...

Then, only one of the gutter runners ran forward making him an instant and easy target (including for a foul later on). An impossible scrum on the left hand side forced a move of the ball and its few remaining guardians to the centre and its inevitable loss to the savagery of a leaping wardancer. After an unlikely one dice block and a massively desperate attempt to pick up the ball in three tackle zone went badly it was all over... Well, save for several more turns left for hitting rats.

I miss my dwarves ;_;

The Brain
06-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Played my game against Heliocentric. He won 2-0 and this image sums up how it went for my team. He managed to get roughly 18 SPP from the game while I got 1SPP for a completed pass and the MVP went to the star player.

After two games against other elves I've been beaten up both times. I'm just glad I haven't faced a bashy side yet. Oh wait, Norse are next. Better get that Apothecary ASAP! It's been a rough start for my new team. I just hope they survive the season.

cyberpunkdreams
06-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Played my game against Heliocentric. He won 2-0 and this image sums up how it went for my team. He managed to get roughly 18 SPP from the game while I got 1SPP for a completed pass and the MVP went to the star player.

After two games against other elves I've been beaten up both times. I'm just glad I haven't faced a bashy side yet. Oh wait, Norse are next. Better get that Apothecary ASAP! It's been a rough start for my new team. I just hope they survive the season.

Amusing conversation with the grab ;)

The Brain
06-02-2013, 11:00 PM
I learned something new so the match wasn't a total washout ;)

I also have to hand it to Helio that he played a very good match and made the most of some early knockouts to really steamroller my team. He deserves the promotion that looks likely to be coming his way.

Heliocentric
06-02-2013, 11:18 PM
So, this happened.
The Brain's The Point Eared Pricks (Delf) Vs Heliocentric's Tzeenchian Spirit(ProElf)
Fresh off the back of a 3-0 Victory the Tzeenchian Spirits were at peak condition, all 4 catchers, both guards match fit and only 1 loner. The dark elves would have an epic team value difference (490) and Heart ripper had been seen entering negotiations with match organisers.
This was a replay after a warp storm devoured almost the entire village the match was being played in (disconnect) up to that point the Spirits were winning practically bloodlessly, clearly Tzeentch look issue with that and issued a do over. The do over brought spikes. I received the ball just as before and begun suppressing heartrippers stabby potential, secured the ball and started KOing Dark Elves, it wasn't surgical, but it dint really need to be. The block dice were favourable and the armour dice were low, the odd triple dice block was employed for safety, loners were marked and a cage set around my ball carrying catcher. Yes the wizard was a threat, but I was half baiting him to use it early with such a loaded cage. A 2 man foul on heart ripper did nothing and went unnoticed by the ref. A scuffle on the wing and a blitz saw my ball carrying catcher take a tumble, but the ball's resting place was well flanked and unavailable for the dark elves.

The wing players created an opportunity for some chain-block surfs and the spirits graciously accepted bringing the number of sleeping Dark Elves to 4 by the end of turn 3, including heart ripper. My sidestep blodging catcher secured the ball and arrogantly moved to the line of the melee, he received 3 blocks in the opponents half, all pushes of dodged stumbles and he sidestepped his way closer to scoring with each one.

After taking my "D with block dodges I realised lots of Delves were lying down and I would need to pass a 2+ (with dodge skill) dodge roll to score, which would wake up most of the bastards as they had blood wiser babes. I decided for a violent stall. I closed around the DElves and started hitting, a safe 4+ dodge was attempted by a would be marker of my ball carrier he rolled a 5, but my diving tackle blitzer wrote "try harder" on the report card and sent him tumbling.

Turn 5 I dealt my first injury, just a BH, but its always good practise to warm up gently. Turn 6 saw my line up a 3 die block on the only unmarked player and blitz him with the ball carrier, this was a risk, I could have scored, but the hope of further crippling my opponent rang loud in my ears. Turn 7 saw turn over on another 3 Die block... But, it needn't be a problem... Right? Turn 8 started with 7 DElfs off the pitch in some kind of resting posture, and it ended with the a turn over... GODDAMN IT! The ball had just been knocked loose by a desperate 1 die blitz, I secured the area and failed to pick up the ball on turn 8... I deserved that, but all in all, it was worth it.

Turn 9 was my kick, and heart ripper woke up (as did everyone knocked out thanks to babes.) so I played a wide LOS with the least valuable bastards I could spare, (which included my level 2 thrower). Heart ripper attempted his first and last stab attempt on this thrower, and failed. A friendly Delf Blitzer made my thrower take a nap in the KO box and the Pricks earned their 1 SPP of the match with a quick pass. A wide thin and L shaped brawl broke out around the Delf ball carrier and stuns were liberally distributed, and heart ripper decided to sit out the rest of the match in the injury box after being introduced to a Pro Elf spiked gauntlet.

A sloppy set of pushes by me only allowed me a 1 die block on the DElf ball carrier, I took it and the ball spilled into the waiting hands of my nearby kicker. The brain attempted a similar 1 die block and was rewarded with double skulls. My kicker walk the ball upfield and the rest of my team focused on violence, involving 2 crowd surfs and lots of stuns

Turn 13 saw me finally score, and with the delves down 8 eight men I piled a 5 man lineup of my bravest and boldest to receive the dalf elf drive... The wizard was still chewing a blood sausage hot dog when he muttered an incantation but he was no amateur and the fireball fell down right in the middle of my line. 2 players injured but no-one else (out of 5)fell, only 1 with a meaningful wound (-av) the team apothecary poured a bucket of "holy water" on the injured guard-lineman and declared him cured, while he wont be in my next match he is apparently going to make a full recovery.

Then the dark elves starved of rerrolls at this point failed 2 consecutive pickups from my midfield kick as a brawl consumed the LOS, and on turn 15 my +MV catcher found himself without a marker and ran to the ball,picked it up, dodged free and clenched his teeth for the impending blitz. The Brain rolled "Push push" and he was safe, the dark elves formed a 3 man cage on him, they refused to conceed a second touchdown.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/42026875/BloodBowlLegendary_2013-02-06_21-46-09_001.jpg
Lets take a moment to admire the injury box.

I consolidated the players I could around the cage as best I could and the catcher blitzed himself free for a classy turn 16 touchdown, oh... "Push push"? a 3+ dodge passed, and then the 2+ all without a reroll. YES IT WAS TO BE.

The Brain's The Point Eared Pricks (Delf) 0-2 Heliocentric's Tzeenchian Spirit

Despite picking up 18 SPP (a loner I couldn't afford got MVP, and heartripper got The Brains MVP) I only got 1 skill up a roll of 10 on my thrower, while I know that technically I should take strong arm, he earned that SPP with violence, so guard remains tempting. I know its wrong, I'll sleep on it.

NieA7
07-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Division K: We're All In It Together (Vamp, me), vs. Official Godzilla Fanclub (Liz, Eard)

So, Vampires eh?

"You, go stand over there"
"I've got a better idea, I'll stand miles out of the way over there instead, then knock out a team mate!"

"You, make 4 dodges through tackle zones then hypnotise that skink while marking a saurus, while you make 3 dodges through tackle zones and blitz down the ball carrier"
"No problem boss"

Eard played a tight game with the rookie lizards, nursing his two re-rolls carefully. I played a bit of a mad game with the vampires, blowing all five re-rolls within the first six turns of each half and still contriving to end most of them in turnovers. Blood Lust was a particular problem (Cuddly Cameron failed 7 out of 15 rolls, though Cutsy Pie Clegg didn't fail any all match - guess he's lost his appetite), but the main issue was me not really having much of a clue what to do with this madly backward team.

My first drive collapsed within two turns when a potential saurus crowd surf lead to a turnover, exposing the carrier to a blitz. The rest of the half was an insane mix of blindingly simple stuff failed in very complex ways, and outrageously ambitious moves pulled off without a problem. Eard guarded the ball well throughout though, and ran it in on the last turn. Mercifully only one thrall was injured, though a couple didn't recover from their knock outs.

The second half started with Eard trying to pick up the ball with a Saurus deep in his own backfield, but a quick turnover on his second turn allowed the vampires to pounce. Several turns scuffling ensued, but a steady stream of thralls being knocked out, plus Cutsey Pie Clegg failing blood lust, failing a dodge and leaving the field, gave Eard the numbers he needed to cage up and run the ball through. Despite the sterling efforts of Prole I, badly hurting the carrying skink, then injuring the saurus that blitzed him but could only roll two both downs, there was nothing the remaining vamps could do to stop the lizards scoring again at the end of the half - 2-0 to the Official Godzilla Fanclub.

I have very little idea what to do with the vampires and Eard handled the lizards well, but it was certainly fun (in a Dwarf Fortress kind of way). Surprisingly I won the injury battle, one badly hurt thrall vs. a badly hurt skink and saurus, plus a randomly smashed ankle Cuddly Cameron inflicted on a saurus on the penultimate turn. Clearly a lot more practice is needed, though the potential is there. Going to need more re-rolls though.

desvergeh
07-02-2013, 01:27 AM
Tried to play my Division C match versus AgP last night. Cyanide'd in turn 14. If an admin can reset it, we can replay tomorrow night, if that is ok to extend the deadline.

If not AgP was 3 TDs up on me. But it will be a real shame as I had earned a nice stack of SPPs from copious injuries inflicted on his team :)

chadsexington
07-02-2013, 03:25 AM
Played Everblue in Div J tonight.

Things started going badly for me when I realized I didn't save after nuking my TV bloat and went in at 440 TV higher.

Everblue chose Morg n Thorg.

Things started to go worse for me when Everblue started KO'ing, stunning, and BH'ing dwarves. Some of those were Morg, sure, but at least two were from poncy elf shoves.

I was beginning to give up on the game as I pushed my cage forward, but couldn't get anything going. I saw a nice break and handed the ball off to a centaur who dashed up the sidelines. Unfortunately, he couldn't get the TD in one go, so he had to sit and wait.

I moved some help up, but it was for naught as everblue caught up and knocked him down, scooped the ball with his thrower, ran up two spots and ... snakeyes.

It was the first bit of real luck for me (I was still depressed over the shalacking I took earlier), and the start of the downturn for everblues dice.

I manage to scoop up the ball and with some lucky rolls get a TD a turn later.

I set up with a flat line to keep the sneaky elves at bay. Everblue is happy to whore SP with a series of passes until turn 7 when he busts out and smushes part of my line with Morg. The elves swarm in that direction and there is little I can do but get my guys sorta in the way.

The touchdown is inevitable now, as one of his elves moves into position with another set of snakeyes on a dodge.

Half over.

Second half did not go much better for Everblue. He fumbled the ball at the start, allowing me to get both centaurs and a helper surrounding the ball. I eventually moved it towards the goal line and in.

Final highlight for Everblue was Triple skulling Morg and failing the loner roll.

2-0 Chaos Dwarves.

The win did not come damage free, however. 1 blocker was -1MV and my sure hands hobgob died a horrible and predictable death.

groovychainsaw
07-02-2013, 12:49 PM
As others have mentioned, week one ended last night! Get going with your week 2 games! If you haven't played yet, I'll be defaulting them on Sunday, unless i hear pleas otherwise.... remember the defaults will be based on what I see in the group chats, so make sure some record of your organising attempts is in there!

Screwie
07-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Brutal game from Helio there, Brain. The stuff of nightmares. Dark elves shouldn't get clobbered like that from other elves... it's not natural!

Gorm
07-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Me and Axler played our Div F game yesterday, ended in a 1-1 draw due to gutter running.

Axler
07-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Me and Axler played our Div F game yesterday, ended in a 1-1 draw due to gutter running.

Damn Gutter Runners! I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky Gutter Runners! :D

Well that and if My Bloodweiser Babes had managed to wake my star Werewolf up at some point during the match, he must be teetotal I guess. I don't know these modern athletes. Back in my day George Best would run through a wall if you said there was a half of shandy in it for him.

20phoenix
07-02-2013, 02:06 PM
I think the biggest thing with vampires is reroll management. Don't move vampires for the sake of it to avoid unncessary bloodlust rolls. Always have a plan A, B and C and be prepared for all plans to go tits up. Try to avoid rerolling bloodlust if at all possible especially in the early days of the team when you need your rerolls for failed dodges/blocks. If a thrall gets bitten, gather round and have a meal. I wouldnt buy more rerolls either - as your vamps pick up block/dodge you'll find you're using rerolls less and less and you should be looking to trim a couple off the roster. First double on a thrall picks up leader to save you some TV too.

President Weasel
07-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Back in my day George Best would run through a wall if you said there was a half of shandy in it for him.

Only because he was too much of a drunken shambles to find the door.

Janek
07-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Beasts of Bembridge 2 - 1 Global Warping

Match report:

Biff.

Highlight of the game: Rats setting up a +MA sprint gutter for a one-turner, only to be hit by a rock and injured. Apologies to 20phoenix, can't have been much fun.

20phoenix
07-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Beasts of Bembridge 2 - 1 Global Warping

Match report:

Biff.

Highlight of the game: Rats setting up a +MA sprint gutter for a one-turner, only to be hit by a rock and injured. Apologies to 20phoenix, can't have been much fun.

Wow.

2 rats injured and one KO'd first turn then it snowballed from there. I had chances - wizard took down an exposed carrier but the reroll was burnt picking up the ball so couldn't risk the 5+ pass to get the ball safer. Nurgle retrieve the ball but a stormvermin dodges, double GFI's and 1d's the carrier down putting the ball out of bounds and throws it just inside the nurgle half near the big hand gutter who scoops it up and scoots clear. However he failed the one GFI needed to be out of blitzing range and promptly dies (apo'd to badly hurt). One turner gets injured by rock. Ball goes out of bounds from kick off and a pitch invasion allows big hand gutter to get clear and pull one back. Blitz on the kickoff but too far back to retrieve. Ball carrier gets double marked a couple of turns later by ogre and SS gutter. Janek attempts to chain push free but rolls both down which injures ogre off. Carrier doesn't get free of SS gutter and next turn is 2d uphill blitzed which after reroll floors the pest however the scatter ruins any chance of getting the gutters big hand onto the ball and once the ball is secured and there is only two rats left on the pitch I just pass out my remaining turns.

Some facts and figures:

D6 - fairly even -6.9 for me -4.14 for Janek although 1 is my most common roll by 4
2D6 - -16.67 for me 22.00 for Janek. No surprise here considering my injury box. I broke armour twice in the game
Block dice - 59% for me 75% for Janek

In short - it wasn't much fun!

Have to do it all again next week against another Nurgle side

Heliocentric
07-02-2013, 09:16 PM
I cause 6 casualties, feel good about myself and you go and raise the bar.

Roughly how many bh is a kill worth in kudos? Looking forward to our match webcole.

Alistair Hutton
07-02-2013, 10:01 PM
A Wulogy (A Eulogy in the style of the Wu Tang Clan)

The main man,
of which all are a fan
Grayland.
Not Eomund, his brother,
the one like no other
BG
That is he
Forty Seven times he took the field
Nine times he did yield
To injury
Twelve times he was brought low
by a KO
He was tripped twenty times
but did not mind
Ever ready, he stayed steady and kept on going.

Raw facts,
lets get down to brass tack.
He could Sprint down the track
Agilty of Four
Sure Feet to go for more,
than his raw Move of Nine
but he was more than just a fine moving machine.
Block
because with the the best he could he could sock
it out.

One hundred and seventy four yards short of one thousand
yard rushed but thirty times ball in hand
over the try line for touch downs
Unselfish as a hound
He passed the ball too
Twice.
Nice.
PAssed for Thirty Four.
Never on the floor

BG
Bertolf.
Grayland.
Two Hundered Tee Vee
You see
It is he,
who has died.
But undying.
Ref Deesno AKA Cacamas AKA The slayer (and raiser) of Giants amongst men.

Peace, Rest In, Bertolf will not.
He will continue for ever, always running hot.

Cacamas
07-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Div B
Blackest of Black Blacks 1 -2 Altdorf Army XI

I have a new skeleton on my team; his name is Bertolf Grayland and he used to be quite fast. Yes, the ridiculous human 1 TTD machine is dead, buried and resurrected.

Oh, and my undead team lost despite my best efforts. The TV gap was just too large, in combination with the fact that the human ogre was a wrecking machine, MNGing one mummy and KO'ing the other. Without my str5 guys, the highly skilled humans were too much for my relative rookies.

20phoenix
07-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Div B
Blackest of Black Blacks 1 -2 Altdorf Army XI

I have a new skeleton on my team; his name is Bertolf Grayland and he used to be quite fast. Yes, the ridiculous human 1 TTD machine is dead, buried and resurrected.

Oh, and my undead team lost despite my best efforts. The TV gap was just too large, in combination with the fact that the human ogre was a wrecking machine, MNGing one mummy and KO'ing the other. Without my str5 guys, the highly skilled humans were too much for my relative rookies.

In the only way this could be said from a member of the internet generation:

20phoenix likes this

Heliocentric
07-02-2013, 10:49 PM
My so thrower Hope took Guard on a double, yeah.... I know, strong arm... BLAHBLAHBLAH.
I also picked up a novice thrower Despair. I am now (my week 3 match) for the first time since this teams first game going to start a game without loners, 11 men lined up, no-one with an automatically generated name... It's all going to end terribly isn't it.

cyberpunkdreams
07-02-2013, 10:51 PM
My so thrower Hope took Guard on a double, yeah.... I know, strong arm... BLAHBLAHBLAH.
I also picked up a novice thrower Despair. I am now (my week 3 match) for the first time since this teams first game going to start a game without loners, 11 men lined up, no-one with an automatically generated name... It's all going to end terribly isn't it.

Yes.

Alistair Hutton
07-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Silence you philistines. Bertolf Grayland lies dead (well shambling dead) amd you prattle on about your skill ups and fear of the future? Show a little respect.

cyberpunkdreams
07-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Silence you philistines. Bertolf Grayland lies dead (well shambling dead) amd you prattle on about your skill ups and fear of the future? Show a little respect.

Life goes on - that's how Grayland would have wanted it, surely.

20phoenix
07-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Life goes on - that's how Grayland would have wanted it, surely.

Grayland is dead - that is how we all wanted it

NieA7
07-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Allow me to pay my respects with this gift of dead and dying dorfs.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/NieAUnder7/Clipboard01_zpsce91b5a0.jpg

Not many I know, but they are dorfs so I feel they count double.

Heliocentric
07-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Allow me to pay my respects with this gift of dead and dying dorfs.

Not many I know, but they are dorfs so I feel they count double.http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/Ursca/Mount%20and%20blade/Raceheightchartcopy-1.jpg
Looks like HALF to me.

NieA7
07-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Looks like HALF to me.

Half the height, four times the bastard, ergo twice the value.

20phoenix
07-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Surely you're concentrating the bastardry which make it eight times the value?

sadface
08-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Yes, dwarves are the environmentally friendly way of transporting bastardry.

Everblue
08-02-2013, 12:32 AM

lol

(10 characters)

Alistair Hutton
08-02-2013, 07:43 AM
My only hope is that in his new skeletal form Grayland scores a TD against each an every one of you callous fiends.

DID YOU KNOW: Grayland delivered his own Wulogy.

Screwie
08-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Shortly after the server transfer, they found that resurrected skeletons/zombies kept all the skills of their former lives! Hopefully that bug is fixed already.

Alistair Hutton
08-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Shortly after the server transfer, they found that resurrected skeletons/zombies kept all the skills of their former lives! Hopefully that bug is fixed already.

A Dodge, Catch, Sprint, Sure Feet, Block, MV 6, AG 3 Skeleton? Now that would be bloat.

NieA7
08-02-2013, 08:16 AM
They kept the skills with 0SPP and at no TV, which was fantastic - it'd be 6/3/3/7 with Dodge, Catch, Sprint, Sure Feet, Block, Thick Skull and Regenerate, 0SSP, 40TV. Best skeleton ever.

mrpier
08-02-2013, 08:30 AM
If they still could gain new skills that would have been awesome(ly broken).

Heliocentric
08-02-2013, 09:09 AM

I openly wept tears of joy/grief.

I must admit that a 200spp player coming back as 0spp is all kinds of wrong. At least 10% of the spp should carry. It's mad to think my somewhat bloaty elves are nowhere near 200spp altogether.

Alistair Hutton
08-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Oh, and despite the fact that I won 2-1 Cacamas is the moral victor as he pulled off a Hail Mary Pass/Diving Catch combo for his TD.

Alistair Hutton
08-02-2013, 09:34 AM
I spent half an hour writing the Wulogy.

Screwie
08-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Oh, and despite the fact that I won 2-1 Cacamas is the moral victor as he pulled off a Hail Mary Pass/Diving Catch combo for his TD.

Oh wow, excellent!

Alistair Hutton
08-02-2013, 10:24 AM
The real problem is that without Grayland how will I get my revenge on Jiiiim?

President Weasel
08-02-2013, 10:26 AM
He was a collossus, Hutton. The world is lessened by his passing.

Alistair Hutton
08-02-2013, 10:46 AM
He was a collossus, Hutton. The world is lessened by his passing.

The only crumb of comfort (beyond being able to exercise my famed 'street' lyrical skills) is that BG was not an OG so my team is no closer to retiring yet.

Heliocentric
08-02-2013, 11:47 AM
I spent half an hour writing the Wulogy.

It ain't nuthin' to fuck with.

potatoedoughnut
08-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Stellar work everyone.

President Weasel
08-02-2013, 09:50 PM
I played Jolima in Division 2 and did not lose, which is effectively a victory!
He got about 500 in inducements and spent them on Grashnak and a wizard. I gathered pretty much the entire team to stamp on Grashnak, including the ball carrier. Grashnak went off KOd, and then the entirely expected fireball (better to get the damn thing out of the way than play the rest of the game scared of it) worked slightly better than I hoped. Jolima got the ball and scored.
Grashnak woke up (which is cheating - see also Grashnak Blackhoof dodging, and for further proof of Jolima's perfidy see me brutally injure the Beast only for it to regen). I equalised using passing (which is obviously what chaos teams do against Nurgle teams).

Jolima scored in the second half (by making far too much use of dodging and handoffs, which is cheating unless I do it) and then I equalised late in the second half, giving me a spectacular 2-2 victory that will go down in history as "that one time I didn't lose to Jolima".

Well done to the Red Skull Reavers, who totally didn't let me down, including Star Player Wallender Kessel, who scored both my touchdowns, and who totally pro'd a failed go for it to score my first TD when I was fresh out of team rerolls. Only another 82SPPs to go and I can give him pass block. Or sidestep. Damn it, is there a level after 176SPPs?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/chompmancobra/WallenderKisawesome_zps44090975.jpg

Screwie
08-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Divison A - My Dark Elf squad just beat Dog Pants' Khemri 4-0 to win the division for this season. Proper write-up to follow later.

*squee*

20phoenix
08-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Actually in cyanide there is - a bug has an extra level at about 1100 SPPs

NieA7
09-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Division 2: Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. The Ankle Nippers (Dwarf, Drawlien)

After a solid win against President Weasel's chaos the season was off to a good start, but the next two games would be tricky - two nicely developing teams at substantially lower TV. Claw's roster was up to 15 players to give some cushioning against the torrent of bash they'd been dealing with recently, so two zombies and a re-roll were axed to bring the difference down to 160TV (Xara was just too horrible a prospect). The Nippers took a wizard, Claw won the toss and elected to kick and the game was on.

The first half was characterised by laughably bad rolls on both teams, just not at the same time. A riot knocked down the dwarf nearest the ball and both runners while leaving all the Necro team standing, and after a succession of poor dice the blitzer with the ball was finally toppled around turn 4. The Ag4 ghoul swept in and ran the ball to freedom, and a TD looked inevitable when the inevitable lighting bolt fizzled. It was then the luck changed though - a hand off to a wight succeeded but the GFI to score failed. A solitary foul badly hurt the wight, then a wolf failed a GFI to pick up the ball and knocked it into the crowd. A fumbled pickup ended the lackluster half in appropriate form, 0-0 with little accomplished by either side.

With the wizard used and the deathroller (whose contribution amounted to one knocked out zombie and two turnovers) sent off the dwarfs were at a big disadvantage, so Claw elected for a quick touchdown. Despite some good positioning necessitating a worrying number of one dice blocks the ball was safely run in on turn 9, giving the Nippers 7 turns to equalise.

A short kick landing just on the touchline put the dwarfs at a disadvantage, and a slow but steady stream of injuries and KOs did little to help. Half the team got tangled up in a snarl of zombies, leaving the golem's, wolves, ghoul and wight free to victimise the ball carrier. The thinning dwarfs finally left a route to the carrier, who was promptly knocked down and injured by a wolf. A short scuffle ensued from which the wolf finally emerged with the ball, but a one dice block from the only free longbeard on the field brought him down and ended any chance for a further touchdown - 1-0 to Claw at full time.

Good positioning from the dwarfs all through the match was enough to stop Claw running away with it but not enough to push the ball forward when they had possession, and several nasty injuries (including the death of a longbeard who'd just leveled up by injuring a zombie) only made matters worse. The gamble of losing two zombies and a re-roll paid off handsomely, two wins out of two being enough to ensure Claw go up to the Championship next season. With 5 players tantalisingly close to leveling up there's still a lot to play for though, no doubt including continued existence given it's Nurgle next.

Dog Pants
09-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Div A: Dread Pool (DElf, Screwie) 4 - 0 Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants)

The pitch is sweltering for the Div A promotion decider, so hot that even the Khemri are sweating. Dread Pool seem unfazed as they receive the kick off, and their champion Witch Elf springs forward to send a Blitz-Ra crowd surfing before the defenders even react. Meanwhile at the back of the formation things are going less well as the ball pick-up is fumbled during a hand-off. The Witch Elf continues her assault on the right flank, and a skeleton joins his colleague among the crowd. Now behind the Anupshi Rises lines, a burly Thro-Ra moves to mark her and maybe intercept or disrupt the inevitable pass. Maybe he puts the play off though, as the ball carrier runs forward instead with a decent cage, through the devastation left by the Witch Elf. By now some of the defending Khemri have lurched across the pitch to try to stem the tide of Dark Elves pouring through the line, but they can't make enough of a presence and the Dread Pool ball carrier saunters over the line, knocking the Thro-Ra off the side of the pitch on his way past.
The heat has taken minor casualties on both sides as the ball is kicked back to Anupshi Rises. Dread Pool make an aggressive drive down the left flank, forcing the attackers the other way and pivoting the line of battle. As the Dark Elves cluster for assists against the Tomb Guardian cage the ball carrier and his retinue make for a gap in the centre. The cage can't keep out enough of the spritely Dark Elves though, and the Thro-Ra falls to a shadowing Witch Elf as he tries to break out. The ball is recovered by one of the Dread Pool and quickly shuttled around the knot of players and down the pitch to a lurking receiver who trots in a second touchdown.
The remaining half is spent doing party tricks, with the Dread Pool knocking a Blitz-Ra out while the ref delayed, and an Anupshi skeleton completing a pass.

The heat continues into the second half, stripping the Dark Elves of some fighting prowess and the Khemri of their only decent ball carrier. A nimble skeleton takes the challenge and recovers the ball, but he is found by the Witch Elf who hits him like a guided missile from across the pitch, despite having been recently flattened by a flying Tomb Guardian. He escapes with the ball briefly, but can't stay out of the grasp of the Witch for long with half his team on the other side of the field. He is sacked, and the ball is spilled directly into the hands of the Witch's Blitzer assistant. A lightning bolt from the crowd takes the decision from him as to whether to pass or not, the ball settling in the hands of the ubiquitous Witch Elf. By this point enough of the Khemri have made it across the pitch to put four makers on her, but she skips away and hands off to a teammate who strolls in a third touchdown.
The heat finally subsides, but not before taking out a Tomb Guardian and leaving the Dark Elves unscathed. The ball is kicked wide of the pitch and given to a Tomb Guardian in a desperate attempt to score at least one touchdown, who lurches off up the field in the hope of making the line by sheer force before the game ends. He and his retinue are soon surrounded, and the game develops into a scrum. After some fighting the ball is knocked free and lands on the Dread Pool side of the knot. The ball is run back down the pitch to be thrown to a loose Blitzer, but he fumbles the catch. Dark Elves are quickly on the dead ball, but before it can be recovered a Khemri intervention at full stretch manages to knock the would-be catcher into the ball and it slips off the pitch. Relief is short lived for the now defenders though, as the ball is returned near the Anupshi touch line and with no players of either side anywhere close. Now fully ignoring the ball, the Khemri concentrate on fighting, and the Dark Elves get into the spirit of it and join in, but still jog in a final touchdown for good measure as the whistle blows.

The stuffy board tomb felt almost cool compared to the heat of the final match, which had succeeded in felling even thousand-year-old corpses. It was of little comfort to Coach Dog Pants, however. The Pharaowners were not known for leniency in the face of defeat. "Look, we did pretty well until today" the coach protested, but the shrivelled former kings seemed unconcerned. As far as he could tell on their expressionless faces at any rate. They had only one thing to say before he retired back to the light and heat of the desert; "Not Division A. Again. "

ChainsawHands
09-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Actually in cyanide there is - a bug has an extra level at about 1100 SPPsYou know, if you get a player to 1100SPP I think you deserve your extra level.

20phoenix
09-02-2013, 12:29 AM
An idea of what can be achieved if you farm hard enough http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageRoster.aspx?id=1112024&lang=en

Everblue
09-02-2013, 01:06 AM
Nonsense - this team is where it's at...

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff249/perer005/MAD20120909.jpg

20phoenix
09-02-2013, 01:33 AM
Sure hes got TV but does he have 5 1000+ SPP players?

Alistair Hutton
09-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Could my 2-1 victory over Deesno/Cacama in Div B be validated and the week rolled forward please. Need to free up my schedule for revenge.

President Weasel
09-02-2013, 10:14 AM
It is done, Moley Hutton.

frenz0rz
09-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Division J

Black Bombers (Goblins, cyberpunkdreams) 1 - 1 Heroes of Holmgard (Norse, Frenz0rz)

Yes, I drew against Goblins. Granted it was a TV1600+ team vs a TV1000 team, but that's no excuse.

I've not got the time for a full writeup, but highlights included Morg rolling a single skull then double skulls on consecutive turns against the Goblin Fanatic before finally taking him out; the Goblin Looney being zapped into -1 AGI by a lightning bolt before he could even move; a Goblin making it two squares away from the end zone before failing a dodge; the Goblin Bombardier dropping the bomb on his first throw and KOing himself along with another Goblin, and stunning a third; a Norse runner fumbling a catch from an accurate pass that would have led to an immediate TD; and a turn 13 Goblin throw TD to seal the draw which equally impressed and enraged me. That blasted troll was in four tackle zones, but a double six ensured that the Goblin was hurled successfully and met the ground with the gentlest of featherlike landings.

I'm not sure whether I regret taking Morg, as he helped me deal with the trolls and (eventually) removed the Fanatic early in the game, but I definitely could've done with a few more rerolls. Still, as always with or against Goblins, it was an enjoyable game.

That said, whether I won or drew would have no effect on the outcome of the division itself, as either way I'll still have to beat chadsexington's Chaos Dwarves in the final game of the season to get promoted.

Oh, and could some nice fellow bump Division J forward to the next day please?

Heliocentric
09-02-2013, 11:14 AM
God how would you even face that 3420 TV monstrosity *shudders*

drawlien
09-02-2013, 11:38 AM
That blasted troll was in four tackle zones, but a double six ensured that the Goblin was hurled successfully and met the ground with the gentlest of featherlike landings.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't trolls one of the few players where it doesn't matter how many tackle zones they're in? Because they need a 6 anyway for an accurate throw and only a natural 1 causes a completely flubbed throw.

Rotekian
09-02-2013, 11:51 AM
The Ball Curse 1 - 1 Red Alert Military

The first half opened with the Dwarves receiving the ball. They proceeded with it down the field in a classic display of the dwarven cage. Of course this left one of their players isolated in the back field and the Dark Elves proceeded to knock him down and foul him. Sadly no serious injuries resulted.

My Witch Elf meanwhile had forgotten how to dodge (unlike the rest of the team) and on the turnover, half the dwarves turn around and marched back up field to get revenge. Needless to say the ball carrier continued on to the line but decided not to score immediately. After knocking over my agility 5 blitzer, the ref showed his elven bias by sending the fouling dwarf off.
Left with my most valuable player still under threat on the ground, my Witch Elf decided a mercy push was called for and knocked the dwarven ball carrier over the line for the first score of the match.

Naturally the ref was then immediately lynched by the dwarven fans. The replacement ref wisely opted to stay out of the rest of the game, despite continued fouling from The Ball Curse.

With not much time remaining in the first half, the dark elves concentrated on knocking over the dwarves on the line of scrimmage. An elven passing play was attempted but a dwarven inception ended any hopes of a score in the first half. They repeated the same maneuver on the line at the start of the second half as they setup for another passing play. This one was much more successful and the score was tied.

What remained was another dwarven cage that couldn't quite grind its way up the field fast enough to pull off a win.

frenz0rz
09-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't trolls one of the few players where it doesn't matter how many tackle zones they're in? Because they need a 6 anyway for an accurate throw and only a natural 1 causes a completely flubbed throw.

Six for an accurate throw, yes, which in this instance is still scattered like an inaccurate throw anyway. Anything less than six is also treated like an inaccurate throw, unless the roll is one (or less) before or after modification, at which point the thrower fumbles and drops the player. It doesn't have to be a natural one.

I was attempting to increase the likelihood of him rolling a one after modification through increased tackle zones, which would have resulted in him dropping the player at his feet. However, as we know in Blood Bowl, a six is an automatic success and no modification can be made to it.

Also, even if the troll had fumbled his throw, the only way a turnover can result from the whole action is if the thrown player fails his landing roll or he lands on another player. By surrounding the troll with players I was increasing the chance that the goblin would land on another player, thereby giving an automatic turnover.

Although I believe that's also an automatic armour break for both players, so it could have been messy :)

Screwie
09-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Div A: Dread Pool (DElf, Screwie) 4 - 0 Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants)

Cheers for the write-up Mr Pants! You were very gracious in defeat, despite what you said you didn't come across all that grumpy. The block dice and the weather were not generous to you, although I had my share of snake eyes I was lucky my key rolls succeeded.

I swear I didn't plan on using the witch elf so much, but with MA 8 and Jump Up she can just get everywhere. My TDs were all from a lineman (Ellos Despos, my last surviving Guard Bastard who also took the MVP) and my AG 5 runner who scored three (Koris Black, who I am hastily trying to level up to make him a smidgen more survivable - just 6 SPPs away now). Normally it is my witch elf who starts scoring, but she proved more useful on defense today.

This is probably the best season my team's ever had (I certainly don't think I've ever won all three games before) and I never expected that to happen against bashy undead opponents. So I am thoroughly chuffed, but also kind of dreading what horrors await in the divisions above...

God how would you even face that 3420 TV monstrosity *shudders*

With a 3440+ TV Chaos team, of course!

As has been mentioned, tackle zones still count and make you fumble more often. TTM from any creature is never accurate (it always scatters regardless of the roll) so fumble is the only thing you don't want. That and failing Always Hungry rolls (thankfully not affected by tackle zones)...

Elesium
09-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Rotekian it was a good game, shame we both got players with -1AG now.

20phoenix
09-02-2013, 01:41 PM
This is probably the best season my team's ever had (I certainly don't think I've ever won all three games before) and I never expected that to happen against bashy undead opponents. So I am thoroughly chuffed, but also kind of dreading what horrors await in the divisions above...

I have first hand experience of the answer to that question - and that was just the taster. Final opponents is even higher TV Nurgle :(

Screwie
09-02-2013, 02:18 PM
I have first hand experience of the answer to that question - and that was just the taster. Final opponents is even higher TV Nurgle :(

Yeah looks like it's all Dwarfs and Nurgles up there :(

Also, even if the troll had fumbled his throw, the only way a turnover can result from the whole action is if the thrown player fails his landing roll or he lands on another player. By surrounding the troll with players I was increasing the chance that the goblin would land on another player, thereby giving an automatic turnover.

Although I believe that's also an automatic armour break for both players, so it could have been messy :)

Apologies for correcting you, but it does work out differently to how you say...

The collision will only cause a turnover if the player your goblin lands on top of is from your own team. Lobbing goblins at opposing players is an acceptable, if extremely unreliable strategy :)
The only other way this can end with a turnover is if the thrown goblin was holding the ball and doesn't land, dropping it (or if the same goblin lands off the pitch).
If the troll fumbles the goblin, the little guy ends up back in the square he was picked up from - so he won't land on anyone else in that instance - but if he had the ball and fails his landing roll, turnover.
Finally when a goblin lands on top of another player, the, er, 'catcher' must make an armour roll as usual - and they can be hit even if they're already prone, which is nice. The goblin meanwhile scatters one more square, and will keep scattering until he lands in an empty square, at which point he automatically fails the landing roll and must make an armour roll (skip to the injury roll if he ends up off the pitch, of course). No matter how many people he scatters through though, only the catcher gets hurt and the goblin only ever has to make a single armour roll for the landing.

Rotekian
09-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Don't worry, I fired my -1AG Lineman immediately.

Gorm
09-02-2013, 04:54 PM
If the goblin doesnt have the ball and you throw him into another player does it cause a turn over?

Screwie
09-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Nope 10 chars.

frenz0rz
09-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Apologies for correcting you, but it does work out differently to how you say...

The collision will only cause a turnover if the player your goblin lands on top of is from your own team. Lobbing goblins at opposing players is an acceptable, if extremely unreliable strategy :)
The only other way this can end with a turnover is if the thrown goblin was holding the ball and doesn't land, dropping it (or if the same goblin lands off the pitch).
If the troll fumbles the goblin, the little guy ends up back in the square he was picked up from - so he won't land on anyone else in that instance - but if he had the ball and fails his landing roll, turnover.
Finally when a goblin lands on top of another player, the, er, 'catcher' must make an armour roll as usual - and they can be hit even if they're already prone, which is nice. The goblin meanwhile scatters one more square, and will keep scattering until he lands in an empty square, at which point he automatically fails the landing roll and must make an armour roll (skip to the injury roll if he ends up off the pitch, of course). No matter how many people he scatters through though, only the catcher gets hurt and the goblin only ever has to make a single armour roll for the landing.

Right, thanks for clearing that up. I thought I was going off the Living Rulebook, but I was either thinking of an earlier version or had just plain misremembered the process.

Its a shame other players possessing the TTM skill can't catch a gobbo/'fling who lands on them and attempt to throw them back, like a bombardier bomb. That'd be awesome.

President Weasel
09-02-2013, 05:25 PM
If the goblin doesnt have the ball and you throw him into another player does it cause a turn over?

Throw team mate will cause a turnover only if the team mate you throw has the ball and lands poorly and drops it.
Actually that's not strictly true - if another of your players has the ball and you somehow manage to throw a team mate into your ball carrier, making him drop the ball, then you get a turnover and the imagined sound of delighted mocking laughter from your opponent.

Things that do not cause a turnover:
The troll eats the goblin.
The tree throws the halfling, he fails to stick the landing, he dies.
The ogre throws the snotling right off the pitch.
The troll throws the goblin at a cage corner, he lands on a chaos warrior, they both die.

Heliocentric
09-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Additionlly, if you throw a player at a ball carrier, and he spills the ball into someone who is in the touchzone(this may be caused by the ball being knocked off pitch and thrown in to their hands) and catches the ball that would also end your turn.. And give them a point.

Dolphan
09-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Div K: Nogbad and the Bad Nogs (Norse, Me) 3 - 1 We're All In It Together (Vamps, NieA7)

Nuffle had it in for NieA7 today. 2 thralls badly hurt on the very first turn was a sign of things to come. Only a few moves into the vamp's own turn, a re-roll failed to change either dice on a skulls-pow/skulls block. That left much of the team in contact with the Nogs without having got many hits in, and most of them spent the next 5-odd turns on the floor as the Nogs entertained themselves by dawdling with the ball and punching any thralls who tried to stand up. By the time I ran the ball in on turn 6, another thrall was dead and a vamp KOed, though my foul attempt on a second vamp did nothing despite over half of the Nogs turning up to put the boot in.

Things looked even more disastrous for NieA7 when, having successfully pushed several of his depleted team through my lines on his drive, he failed the pickup, allowing the Nogs to waltz in and secure the ball. However, Nuffle being the tease that he is, he offered the slimmest of chances to the vamps, tripping the Nog carrier as he made a single GFI into the endzone. The ball scattered into the stand, back onto and straight off the pitch at the far side, and finally deposited itself in miles of empty space in the middle of my half. A daring thrall made a dodge, two GFIs, the pickup, and a perfect long pass into the arms of an unmarked vamp who only needed a single GFI to score. Which, of course, he failed.

The imbalanced numbers made the second half a bit of a foregone conclusion, with NieA7's need to push his few players forward preventing him protecting the ball, which the Nogs quickly secured in his first drive for a second TD taking out some more thralls on the way. Receiving again, the vamps managed to work the ball down the sidelines and out of range of many of the Nogs, and despite the thrall carrying the ball getting smashed to the floor, a vamp managed to scoop up the ball and score.

It was a hard-won consolation. The remaining thralls had fallen, and for the last drive NieA7 set up with only three vamps to stand between the Nogs and a final two-turn touchdown. One vamp did manage to hurl himself at the ball carrier, but only managed a push back, and it was all over.

Hard to take much enjoyment from that one - it was pretty much over before it started, and I felt rather guilty about the wholesale massacre. Excellent haul of SPPs though - a bruising first game against Axler's dwarfs left me with only the MVP points (on the Yeti, at least), but this game levelled the Yeti, a Werewolf, and a lineman.

Heliocentric
09-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Hard to take much enjoyment from that one - it was pretty much over before it started, and I felt rather guilty about the wholesale massacre.
Don't feel bad about either the damage of the fortune you had, all to often it will switch around and you'll be clinging on for dear life. Indeed, be merciless and profit, because that profit might be all that saves you from a worse fate in a later game, and even when you have the lead the dice can still be cruel.

It is Bloodbowl after all.

Axler
09-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Don't feel bad about either the damage of the fortune you had, all to often it will switch around and you'll be clinging on for dear life. Indeed, be merciless and profit, because that profit might be all that saves you from a worse fate in a later game, and even when you have the lead the dice can still be cruel.

Yeah the amount of times I've taken it easy on someone who is being nuffled only for the luck to reverse and I end up loosing. I assume Nuffle removes his favor from those who aren't ruthless enough, so now I always go for throat when the opportunity presents.

frenz0rz
10-02-2013, 12:39 AM

Words of wisdom. Go for the throat while you can, at every opportunity. It's all too easy to waltz in a TD when you've got the upper hand and suddenly lose the advantage on the next kickoff. Claw, punch, kick and foul while you can, since your opponent will all too happily do the same when the opportunity arises. Seize those precious SPPs and don't hold back.

Damn I love this game.

Also, damn I hate this game.

Delusibeta
10-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Talking about "it is Bloodbowl after all"...

Division E
Street Sweeping Scrubs [Delusibeta] 0 - 3 Aggressive Negotiation [Karandraz]

On the one hand, that was a 1080TV Humans (newly reinforced with a new Blitzer) going up against a 2000+TV Lizard team, but on the other hand team cheerleader Morg n Thorg returned for a second game.
First half was a bit of a grind. The match started with the traditional pitch invasion. I chose to kick, knowing I'm probably going to concede one eventually unless I ground out the half. And to be fair, that plan worked for a bit as his stunties failed to understand how to hold a ball for three turns. I completely underestimated the speed of aforementioned stunties and was running down the pitch. By the time I got half way down his half (thanks to his big guy suffering from a case of stupidity) they had finally worked out how to hold a ball, immediately knew how to throw the ball and scored a touchdown in the next turn. *sigh* Thankfully, the injuries were minor and being patched up by a full suite of three apothecaries, so that was fine. The half ended with my thrower failing to understand how to pick up the ball, and then my new Blitzer coming over and demonstrating how to pass the ball.

Second half started out fine: the kicker missed the pitch wholesale, so my "cheerleader" got the ball. As per Bloodbowl tradition, a player cage was immediately formed. The problem, however, was that cage got immediately dismantled, Morg tackled (shock horror gasp) and my the ball was grabbed by a thrower. Naturally, he immediately ran to the other side of the pitch, dodging the one guy who could reach him. The plan was to form a makeshift cage of the players not in the melee (or laying flat on the ground from the cage demolition crew). Two players successfully got out of the rukus, but a third (Brian Bouncer, one of the OG Blitzers) decided instead of moving into position by Going For It, he would instead become a sacrifice for Nuffle in the hopes of granting us good luck against a team we might possibly have a chance against. So he found a sharp rock and proceeded to stab himself against it. The apoths at this point had decided to go home, so he died. Meanwhile, the melee claimed another two injuries (one niggling), so all in all, a bad day in the office. (At least we aren't a player down, unlike last time I had a death)

Delusibeta
10-02-2013, 01:03 AM
Did the forum eat my post? It looks like the forum ate my post.

tl;dr edition: Street Sweepers 0 - 3 Aggressive Negotiation, got out-bashed, out sprinted and a player decided to sacrifice himself for the glory of Nuffle.

Heliocentric
10-02-2013, 01:06 AM
Did the forum eat my post? It looks like the forum ate my post.
I hear it was delicious.
*wipes mouth with napkin*

JayTee
10-02-2013, 04:57 AM
Division A

The Dead Comic Society (Khemri - me) vs. The Splinters Rejects (Underworld - LowKey)

3 - 1

The final match of Division A (Yes we've finished 2 weeks early. You all suck) turned out to be as painful as predicted, a huge 480TV difference giving the Rejects a lot of cash to splash which resulted in a plethora of inducements including Bomber Dribblesnot and a Bribe to keep him around a bit longer.

The Comics won the toss and elected receive, with a Thro-Ra somehow catching the ball in a surprising display of agility. The Khemri caged up in the centre, and started throwing out the punches hoping to make a hole in the Rejects' line. A bit of shoving in the middle opens up an opportunity and a Blitz-Ra kills a Rookie Linerat on the Rejects LoS. The terrifying Claw Troll burns a re-roll with a Skull/Skull, but stuns a Skeleton in the end and Dribblesnot manages to knock over two undead with an inaccurate pass but the Rejects first turn is brought to an early end with an unlucky dodge failure.

The Comics shift the cage to their left flank and continue the bashing game, breaking the neck of a +AG/Big Hand Goblin. Dribblesnot chucks out another Bomb, only for an idiot Skeleton to catch the damned thing that he promptly uses to knock over a Skaven and cause a Turnover handing a distinct advantage to the Comics. The rest of the drive continues with little to stop the Comics running the ball in, a KOed Tomb Guardian being the only casualty and Dribblesnot mis-throwing to no effect, and the Comics go 1-0 up.

The Bribe is used and Dribblesnot sticks around, while a KOed Goblin and Tomb Guardian both wake up and make their way back onto the field. A gust of wind scoots the ball close to the Rejects' Thrower and their LoS cleans up nicely putting 3 Khemri to the floor. Dribblesnot throws accurately and stuns 2 Khemri, and a Blitz knocks another Skeleton to the floor showing that the Rejects cannot be counted out in the bashing game. The Comics respond and manage to get a Tomb Guardian in contact with the Thrower. The Rejects continue their run of terrible dice and the Thrower manages to fail his dodge on their first movement, handing the initiative once again to the Comics, who respond by BHing a Goblin and getting 2 players next to the ball. Sadly the Rejects can only manage a Push on one of the Khemri and a failed pickup from the Thrower bounces the ball right into the hands of a waiting Blitz-Ra, who runs in the second TD with no issues after a Tomb Guardian knocks his marker free.

2-0 with a handful of turns left and Dribblesnot has outstayed his welcome and is promptly sent off the pitch. A Blitz is called on the kick-off and with elf-like qualities the Comics get a Thro-Ra under the ball as well as a couple of supporting Khemri. In another ridiculous display of agility the Thro-Ra catches the ball and is within TD distance, leaving the Rejects scrambling to defend, which they do with some success BHing a Skeleton (Who succeeds on Regen) but as-per-usual fail a crucial GFI and stun a Skaven. The Thro-Ra dodges past his marker and runs in a ridiculous 3rd TD for the Comics, giving the Rejects a single turn in the first half to do something in return. Sadly their response is cut short with yet another 1 on a pickup and the first half ends 3-0 to the Khemri.

The second half begins with a few turns of shoving on both sides before an inaccurate pass from the Rejects' Thrower pops the ball free fairly deep in the Khemri half, and a Blitz from the ST6 Tomb Guardian BHs the only Skaven who can reach the ball. Stuns are handed out by both sides, but the Thro-Ra stands on the ball as he attempts to pick it up, bouncing the ball closer to the endzone. The Rejects sneak a Goblin onto the ball who easily nabs it and dodges out of reach of the Thro-Ra, but despite his heroics he's brought down by a Blitz and the ball remains on the floor. The ClawTroll MNGs a Skeleton (Who regens) after finally remembering what he was meant to be doing, but the Rejects are unable to collect the ball from the floor and it bounces yet another square closer to the endzone.

A Thro-Ra dodges free of his marker, knocks down the Goblin and collects the ball but he's perilously close to the endzone and unable to attempt a 'get it upfield pass' due to Blitzing. The Rejects employ their wizard who fireballs the cluster of Khemri, knocking them all over and even BHing a Tomb Guardian to boot. With the endzone clear of moving Khemri the Rejects run in and get a well deserved TD putting the score at 3-1.

The final drive is relatively tame for both teams, despite the Comics managing to press the ball forward in a cage their drive is cut short due to an unsuccessful dodge. The Rejects manage to nab the ball and attempt to throw the ball carrier downfield, but ClawTroll fumbles and the ball pops free from a Stunned Goblin. With some bashing the Comics get the ball onto a Blitz-Ra, but with minimal time left on the clock it's impossible to get a TD so the game ends.

Post-Game

A nice match for the Comics to retire on!

LowKey had the lion's share of the crapass luck, rolling a lot more 1s than he should have and having some terrible luck with the kick-off events. That Blitz TD was utterly ridiculous for a Khemri side to pull off, I really lucked out on my Thro-Ras catching the ball this game. The disparity in TV was what really did it in for LowKey I feel, putting his terrible dice luck aside for the moment. A number of Both Downs went in my favour with Wrestle or Block being on a lot more of my players, and Tackle on 3 of my players causing him to burn a number of re-rolls on what should have been simple dodges.

In consolation LowKey did get MVP on a Thrower netting him a useful level, and his ClawTroll managed to grab 4SPPs from casualties. A Broken Neck however on his +AG/Big Hand Goblin is pretty horrible, at least the Linerat I killed was totally lacking in SPPs.

MVP for me went on a Rookie Blitz-Ra, who now at 5 SPPs is probably going to never get another SPP in his life, and my level 4 Blitz-Ra managed to level up so we'll see what that looks like when this gets validated. Amazingly the idiot ST6 Tomb Guardian caused his first casualty since levelling so couple with an MVP last game he's actually not far off levelling again, and one of the Rookie TGs caused a Cas so is slowly working his way back up towards being not-useless.

So yeah, still think I'm retiring the Comics at least for a while. I've had my eyes on a Chaos Dwarf team for some time now, and I quite look forward to playing around with a fresh and rookie team.

LowKey
10-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the write up JayTee, it was quite a frustrating match but in fairness I was only doing those dodges et al due to your excellent positioning, the successful blitz was unexpected however...

Eard
10-02-2013, 05:48 PM
So, shit, in the middle of match with Dr. Axler (who was easily handling me before this point) and managed to hit some keyboard shortcut to pull up a FPS + Gui_Submit panel. I don't know how to get it off the screen, and I'm not able to move the camera view with it on there. Anyone know the shortcut for this?

edit: found it, oddly enough in the RPS open thread. lol

Heliocentric
10-02-2013, 07:42 PM
What was it?

Eard
10-02-2013, 08:12 PM
The key left of the right Ctrl, looks like a menu context button.

chadsexington
10-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Oh fuck that debug screen. That came up for me during a match and I selected "exit" to close the panel, but it exited the game instead. Awesome

President Weasel
10-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Division A week 3

Red Skull Reavers (Pres Weasel's Chaos Mans) 2 - 1 Ankle Biters (Drawlien's Dwarfelves)

With the dwarfs dodging around the place with the agility of particularly annoying bearded gazelles, and with the Death Roller proving impossible to more than stun despite hitting it with claw and then stamping on it, the match went right down to the very last turn, where a no rerolls left catch allowed me to run in the winning touchdown.
More importantly, I killed a dwarf!

palindrome
10-02-2013, 09:30 PM
My Norse are withdrawing from the league on the grounds that they are fucking hopeless. 2 games in a row being beaten up by elves says it all.

I just can't cause any casualties which for a bashy team means glacially slow progression and frustration. I have caused 1 injury in my last 3 games...

Web Cole
10-02-2013, 09:45 PM
The last game of Week 2 for Div H is played, 2 - 0 to my HElves due to concession. Palindromes Norse didn't seem to be able to get much done, unfortunately.

President Weasel
10-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Seems a shame to just give up. Might as well play your third game.

cyberpunkdreams
10-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Seems a shame to just give up. Might as well play your third game.

Aye, you never know what will happen. I was just about ready to retire my gobbos, only for them to draw their last two matches (goblin throws galore!) and roll the most useful skill-ups I've had so far. My last match, against Everblue, was a thing to behold really. Much craziness all round.

The Brain
10-02-2013, 10:18 PM
My Norse are withdrawing from the league on the grounds that they are fucking hopeless. 2 games in a row being beaten up by elves says it all.

I just can't cause any casualties which for a bashy team means glacially slow progression and frustration. I have caused 1 injury in my last 3 games...

I've had a similar horrendous start to my DElf career with both games seeing half my team in the injury box and an MVP going to a star player. It's got to be worth seeing if either of our luck can turnaround for our final match. It will be a clash of Crapness the likes of which the world has never seen. If you still can't injure my glass boned, paper armoured Elves then by all means send your team to the scrap heap, but you should give a shot anyway.

palindrome
10-02-2013, 10:57 PM
They are certainly getting retired. I have played 8 games now and both of my werewolves and one of my berserkers are still level 1 (2 of them don't even have a single SPP). Matches just aren't fun as my team isn't improving and AV 7 really doesn't help. I'll play my last game if you want but I reserve the right to conceed when it starts to go tits.

Elesium
10-02-2013, 10:59 PM
I would say don't retire a team due to SPP, you will get that. Retire the team if you aren't enjoying it, a different team might be better, I also understand retiring a team if it gets Nuffled with several deaths.

Everblue
10-02-2013, 11:14 PM
They are certainly getting retired. I have played 8 games now and both of my werewolves and one of my berserkers are still level 1 (2 of them don't even have a single SPP). Matches just aren't fun as my team isn't improving and AV 7 really doesn't help. I'll play my last game if you want but I reserve the right to conceed when it starts to go tits.

Concession if you aren't having fun is pretty poor form (especially when "fun" equates to killing your opponent's players). It's not just you who's interested in the game - how about your opponent who makes time available to play you? Man up, take the pain, foul like a bastard and just see it through.

Web Cole
10-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Ooops, wrong thread...

palindrome
11-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Concession if you aren't having fun is pretty poor form (especially when "fun" equates to killing your opponent's players). It's not just you who's interested in the game - how about your opponent who makes time available to play you? Man up, take the pain, foul like a bastard and just see it through.

The game had lasted over an hour and it was only turn 10.

Heliocentric
11-02-2013, 01:50 AM
Norse are volatile, that AV7 means that a wave of bad luck can see the player ratio, and I went out of my way to cause harm in our game wary of my own AV7.

By all means quit them after this season, not all teams are for all players, but give them a chance to impress you. A few good block rolls early on and you'll have cleared half of the pitch and +AG on a thrower or runner will turn your team into demi-elves who have blanket block equipped.

I must admit, Norse are not my preference for team, I'mm more of an undead/necro player at heart but *DEAR NUFFLE* do zombies take a long time to develop. You are essentially dependant on MVP for them to even get block/wrestle while the ghouls level up and then die whole careers and the zombies are lucky to get a single SPP from a game (freak intercepts HONESTLY were a considerable part of my zombies SPP). After 18 or so games you end up with an impressive line of Block/wrestle+(one other skill) and that's your lot for them, until they will inevitable die.

Mummies will level up quite alot, but with only S access they'll not be very exciting, ghouls die alot and Wights are your real long term prospects for an exciting player, unless you get +ST on a ghoul, then you can actually protect them enough to keep them alive.

SPP isn't really a big part of an undead/necro team outside of wights/werewolves, mostly you are looking at developing your strategy and play style(no-one expects a pro zombie to pass!).

Then I went elves were you are constantly firefighting your budget, injuries and TV bloat (actually an interesting set of choices). The only team I discourage you try is dwarves because they are dull as dish water.

potatoedoughnut
11-02-2013, 02:48 AM
The game had lasted over an hour and it was only turn 10.

Most games take 90-120 minutes, so turn 10 after an hour isn't unusual.

palindrome
11-02-2013, 07:16 AM
The reason I mentioned my lack of SPP is that my berserkers and werewolves should be the muscle in my team and their complete lack of SPP gives a good indication of just how good they are. My highest level player has 11 SPP.

My single player team is relatively decent but my online team is simply not working and is no fun to play, which after all is the point of a game. I certainly don't think that it is bad form to concede after an hours play when I have no hope of winning with a team that I will be retiring ASAP. If I could have let the AI take over I would have but there was no way that I was going to sit through another hour of that match.

Screwie
11-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Bash players can be annoyingly slow to level sometimes, casualty SPP is very unreliable. Unless they're AG 1 or a big guy (with big guy problems), I usually try and get them a TD or two to speed things up.

Sometimes a team does just hit a slump and never seems to get anything right - whether or not that's actually true is irrelevant if the owner feels they're cursed (I retired my previous DoD team way back for the same reason).

On your mention of being "outbashed by elves"; one team were Dark Elves, which often can and do play the bashy role against lightly-armoured opponents. And the other team was, well, Heliocentric... he does that. Your next opponent may not be so bloodthirsty, being both high elves and not-Helio. Best of luck against them. Hopefully your team can retire on something of a high note!

Heliocentric
11-02-2013, 09:15 AM
He (palidrome) actually faces the Delves next, I did my best to mangle them in day 2 but they still look capable.

But the dice are fickle, facing a slightly basher side does not mean you'll get slightly more bashed.

Just as a complete aside I am really enjoying the elven versatility. Elven catchers are probably to populous in my team at the moment (I'm at 12 men with all positionals and one lineman mng). But to be honest I'd take the speed over a deeper bench at the moment anyway.

But I can't but wonder what if all this team value will be an anchor around the teams neck. Afterall all the blodge in the world is no protection from a wizard.

If it all goes to he'll I'll go orc take the Bombardier star and try a AV9 team next.

Screwie
11-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Ah my bad, somehow I thought Brain had the high elves.

Yeah you might as well take all the catchers on Pro/Wood Elf teams, since your linemen have the same AV you're losing very little and gaining a lot by having them. Dark Elf teams don't have that luxury, I've found my team getting periously close to a majority of AV 7 before and it really impacts them.

Also, yes! Orcs have the best star players.

President Weasel
11-02-2013, 09:44 AM
To solve the AV7 problem on Dark Elves I would strongly suggest never taking assassins because they are rubbish. Stupid flavour text "ooh they're so dark" skill set, made to make them look like assassins rather than behave like useful players. Bah humbug.

Screwie
11-02-2013, 10:04 AM
I was firmly in the no-Assassins camp too, but lately I have been having too much fun with them. Yes they're pants and could do with a stat bump to become truly worthwhile players, but they are a marvellous distraction because people still fear the random Stab rolls. (I'll fire them when they die.)

There's also the issue of -AV injuries though, which are probably meaner for AV 8 players than anybody else (totally not checked the maths on that, but I know there's an enormous difference in getting hit with Mighty Blow between AV8 and AV7). I have an AV7 lineman right now who's too useful to get rid of. (I'll fire him when he dies.)

Heliocentric
11-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Assassins are great replacement linemen when you are at 2300TV, they can stab blodgers better than a blocker can 1Die bash them. Not a terrible thing. And as a bonus if you are facing some ST7 monstrosity? Assassins can still "do" that.

Everblue
11-02-2013, 10:20 AM
I just have so much trouble keeping my players alive that I think I'd have an assassin around for about 30 seconds. I am very risk-averse, hardly ever commit to contact unless I have to, but still lose an AV8 rookie elf linemen about third match or so.

Without block or dodge and AV7 he's such a target, and your opponent would be quite right to go for him.

The pro-elves are even worse, although I had quite a good result against CPD last night and have two of them with dodge now.

ChainsawHands
11-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Dead elfs are no bad thing. The blood of your linemen is the payment Nuffle demands for your team being so awesome.

Heliocentric
11-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Can div H be moved on to day 3? TY

Everblue
11-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Dead elfs are no bad thing. The blood of your linemen is the payment Nuffle demands for your team being so awesome.

My pro-elves started with loads of linemen and 4 rerolls, and faced norse first game and 1500 TV chaos dwarves in day 2. Bit of a baptism of fire. The team is starting to shape up though. Not sure I would pick the same build again, particularly in such a bashy division.

Alistair Hutton
11-02-2013, 11:49 AM
So, you know, Grayland died. But two of my other Catchers levelled from the game. The first one already had AG4 and Diving Tackle and now he has Wrestle. The unlevelled one rolled an 11. So I've got two catchers with AG 4 again. and my TV has dropped by a net 190, don't feel so bad now.

Web Cole
11-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Could Div H be validated and moved on to Day 3 please? Helio and I were planning on playing our game this evening, and I have skill ups I'm anxious to get to :p

Screwie
11-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Div A is ready to be validated too, if no one's done that yet ;)

Zoraster
11-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Could Div H be validated and moved on to Day 3 please? Helio and I were planning on playing our game this evening, and I have skill ups I'm anxious to get to :p

Done and rolled.

Dolphan
11-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Excellent haul of SPPs though - a bruising first game against Axler's dwarfs left me with only the MVP points (on the Yeti, at least), but this game levelled the Yeti, a Werewolf, and a lineman.

Even better - the Yeti rolled a double. I went for Block over +AV (surely right?). He'll surely die next match.

chadsexington
11-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Even better - the Yeti rolled a double. I went for Block over +AV (surely right?). He'll surely die next match.

I had a wrestle skele lineman double so I gave him dodge - keep him standing and alive longer, right? First game - chaos dwarves with 8/11 people with tackle. Died before he could use dodge.

sinister agent
11-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Division G: Your Mother's Nightmares (Amazon) Vs Cute Harmless Hippies (Chaos)

The Nightmares suffered a surprisingly close defeat against Jarvis'ses'es''es chaos Hippies

With under half his team value I was granted a veritable pile of inducement cash, which I pretty much squandered, being unaware thanks to a bug that apothecaries could be stacked, and being dim enough to think I could get by with lots of fouls and rerolls, rather than taking Morg. Fortunately I did splash out on Zara the Slayer, who very much lived up to her star player rep throughout the whole game.

Jarvis received and caged early in the centre, but Alexa Breaker of Hearts and Legs and Ella 'the Gouger' Book broke in and caused some problems. Beastman ball carrier Rose (I think?) handed off to a chaos warrior, who sprinted down my right flank where another beastman was waiting, but fluffed the pass, and Mel 'the Bell' Turis was able to nip in and pick up the ball, thanks to a few dodges.

Jarvis' chaos brutes butcher my line, and there's little I can do but run around my own half hoping for a crack to appear before I'm shut down. Blitzer Ella takes a -1 to MA, which is buzzed to badly hurt. Jarvis closes down my ball carrier, but throer Andra the sly picks up and dodges away from the melee in my half, and throws up the flank to a waiting Zara, who's dodged her own way free of the dissipating scrum at the centre line. The chaos men don't quite have enough numbers nearby to knock her and her support over, and she blitzes to knock over a beastman, then dodges her way past the lumbering warriors. By the time she's within range of a touchdown she's the only woman still standing on the pitch, so makes the best of it in turn 7. 1 - 0 to the Nightmares!

The clock is turned back at the kick-off, but to little effect - Jarvis continues to kick the hell out of my girls, who try a sneaky counter-attack on an unsupported and low-armoured beastman Rose, but get nowhere.

The second half sees the amazons receiving and the ball is kicked out of play. The Nightmares hedge their bets and sent Zara down the relatively weak right flank while their surviving blitzers push to the left with some liners to support. Once they finally succeed in knocking over a pair of warriors on the line, the thrower moves up to exploit what may be the only gap she'll get. But alas, chaos warrior Pixie is able to attack the cage from behind, and the best shot the girls have at pushing through is missed thanks to a beastman with foul appearance. Bastard.

Depending on which of the Nightmares you ask, the remainder of the second half was either "Dodge! Dodge! Dodge! Dodge! Dodge!" "NOT THE FACE OH GOD THE PAIN". By the time Jarvis equalised in turn 13, there were only six left to hold off a full complement of chaos warriors and skillo beastmen. They put up a goodly fight, with most of the team taking a constant kicking, and Nille Bonecruncher in particular absolutely refusing to hit the floor even after several triple dice blocks, and Zara too putting in a good show despite being useless on the attack and repeatedly failing both GFIs and Loner rerolls, but alas, they just didn't have the strength, or the numbers after half a dozen Badly Hurt results, and their coach kept forgetting about Loner. Bah.

The winner came in turn 15, right after Zara fell on her face again and Nille succumbed to the horde. It was a fun game, I was happy to hold on for so long, and it's a small miracle that not a single one of the many, many injuries were serious.

2 - 1 to the Cute Harmless Hippies! Several gallons of morphine to Your Mother's Nightmares! Hurrah!

Heliocentric
11-02-2013, 09:50 PM
FU-@#&% ROUTERS!

Turn 8, winning 2 nil, burned up my opponent apo, broke a neck of another opponent... "There is a problem with your connection"

I'll get you next time Web Cole!

Jarvis
11-02-2013, 10:58 PM
2 - 1 to the Cute Harmless Hippies! Several gallons of morphine to Your Mother's Nightmares! Hurrah!

I should also mention that during the drive that saw the six amazons facing down my full side nuffle saw fit to grant me a blitz, I proceeded to mark up two of the amazons not on the line and generally hustle towards the ball, visions of actually getting a 3-1 score line dancing in my head but alas it was a mere 2-1 even with the good block dice I had during the match.

My day 3 opponent may be pleased to hear I managed to aquire 4 level-ups during this match, something that's not happened for awhile and will be quite awhile longer in happening again.

TheKenwyne
12-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Hey,

Just registering an interest in joining you folks next season, have been not playing bloodbowl for far too long and the TGS tournament that recently got started has got me right in the mood for it. I'll probably be playing an Elven team, (yes I'm a filthy Elf don't bully me overnumerous Dwafs) just haven't decided which flavour yet. A quick question, I already have Legendary Edition; is it worth me getting Chaos if I don't see myself playing any of the new races? Thanks.

Screwie
12-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Hey,

Just registering an interest in joining you folks next season, have been not playing bloodbowl for far too long and the TGS tournament that recently got started has got me right in the mood for it. I'll probably be playing an Elven team, (yes I'm a filthy Elf don't bully me overnumerous Dwafs) just haven't decided which flavour yet. A quick question, I already have Legendary Edition; is it worth me getting Chaos if I don't see myself playing any of the new races? Thanks.

If you're not interested in Chaos Dwarfs or Underworld, the only other reason to buy would be the star player Bomber Dribblesnot (who can appear in Orc, Goblin or Ogre teams). Otherwise Legendary Edition is completely compatible with Chaos Edition, so no worries.

Welcome aboard!

ChainsawHands
12-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Worth noting that Legendary now registers on Steam (if you didn't buy it there in the first place), and doing that gets you Chaos Edition for 2/3 off.

TheKenwyne
12-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Cheers for the tips, didn't realise it was so cheap with LE so I've picked it up. Look forward to playing with you folks!

Axler
12-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Sorry I forgot to fill in the spreadsheet. I think that means Div K can be moved on.

Screwie
13-02-2013, 09:40 AM
*polite cough* And Division A, as well.

(Sorry I want my SPP shineys!)

Pirate
13-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi everyone,
It was suprising that I didn't try this game before. Hope not to get extremely stomped :)
See you on the field.

Everblue
13-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Welcome...

20phoenix
13-02-2013, 05:32 PM
*polite cough* And Division A, as well.

(Sorry I want my SPP shineys!)

Done............

Rotekian
13-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Classic Cyanide apothecary mistake on my most valuable ex-player.

SandmanXC
13-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Hello friends. I'm looking to join the league with a lizard team uninspiredly called The Philosoraptors. I'm going to add my arse to the spreadsheet, but wanted to say hi first. And I already failed, since I said 'hello'.

NieA7
13-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Hey Sandman, welcome to the Divs.

Division 2: Read in Tooth and Claw (Necro, me) vs. Primordial Stew (Nurgle, Jolima)

Jolima's wizard killed my Ag4 ghoul. A game happened either side of that, but nothing of importance occurred.

Dammit.

Heliocentric
13-02-2013, 10:43 PM
After leading handily pre-disconnection cyanide fix the connection issue and then I proceed to lose 3 - 2 webcole and to add insult rolls +st on a blitzer... Worst of all? Because I did "quite well" in the division despite not winning overall, I'll probably get promoted and end up facing other St4, AG4 blodge bastards.... BLAH... Piss.

It was a good match and well played, indeed it was the most elfy game I have played, screens formations etc,

Ah well, at least the only injury I suffered (a death) was healed by the apothecary, so now I start my next game with 12 players, someone on the bench? That's a freaking milestone.