PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl League - The Divisions of Death (DoD)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Alistair Hutton
28-02-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm an idiot, Nerves of Steel seems like an obvious choice does it not? Get right up in the opposition players grill and casually lob the scoring pass.

Everblue
28-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Then when your catcher drops it you are nicely in reach to be hit with no defensive skills...

Screwie
28-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Thanks for thought! I m assuming it was a win right?

Well you beat Wink on TD difference, I assume you beat him on casualty difference as you say... I'm pretty sure the title is yours.

I'm an idiot, Nerves of Steel seems like an obvious choice does it not? Get right up in the opposition players grill and casually lob the scoring pass.

NoS is less useful for a long-range thrower. It's more for Dump-Offers and catchers. Safe Throw would give your guy more benefits if you want to improve his passing power - although I would still look for Block/Dodge/Fend to protect him instead.

Alistair Hutton
28-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Then when your catcher drops it you are nicely in reach to be hit with no defensive skills...

His Aura of Awesome will protect him.

ChainsawHands
28-02-2013, 12:14 PM
What Al wrote:
His Aura of Awesome will protect him.

What I read:
I hate my player and want Nuffle to kill him as soon as possible.

Alistair Hutton
28-02-2013, 01:05 PM
What Al wrote:

What I read:

I noticed that one of my 3 originals actually took a smashed hip so he's -1MV. Fortunately he's a lineman so I think he can take it.

Axler
28-02-2013, 01:33 PM
What Al wrote:

What I read:

Yup dead man walking there.

Alistair Hutton
28-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Yup dead man walking there.

He's not an original, don't give a damn.

sadface
28-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Well I was thinking Iíd drop out for a bit as I will be moving home during next season but Iíve been unequivocally guaranteed my new residence will have internet access several days before we move down. Touch wood it will go off without a hitch but having seen the woes of Laneford et al in the past I canít help be a tad sceptical about the assurances of any telecoms provider!
With good reason <.< When we moved, I got told that the line up to my house tested fine, yet when they came after I continually harassed them it turned out a cable was physically disconnected at the exchange.

groovychainsaw
28-02-2013, 09:25 PM
CONGRATULATIONS GRINN!

A Second successive season as champion of the divisions!

Someone beat up those orcs next season, ok? :-)

Live draw in 5 minutes chaps....

leftfield010
28-02-2013, 09:43 PM
How do you see the live draw?

Delusibeta
28-02-2013, 09:50 PM
How do you see the live draw?

RPS Bloodbowl Steam group's chat room. It's almost over now, so just check the spreadsheet.

President Weasel
28-02-2013, 10:16 PM
First match is against Snoozers terrifying Germstralian Elfdwarfs. A twisted, horrible, mockery of all that is good and holy.

I don't have enough claw.

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageRoster.aspx?id=903064&lang=en

Look at them. They're horrible.
ONE OF THEM HAS EIGHT MOVE.wait, that one has a niggle...
Another one has five agility.

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageRoster.aspx?id=917810&lang=en

I swear some of those dwarfs have guard twice.
It's like facing Hutton's team back when they were good!

20phoenix
28-02-2013, 10:31 PM
I get to be reported on by dog pants!!

Dog Pants
28-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Have I won a permanent seat in Div A? That's four seasons in a row. Not that I'm complaining, but I'm starting to think it's a running joke (unlike my team who, being Khemri, can't run).

President Weasel
28-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Win more. Then maybe you too will get to be terrified out of your wits by Snoozers freakish dwarfs.
EIGHT. MOVE. ON A DWARF.
It's not right.

Everblue
28-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Hey - Groovy - I appear to have been put in division K, but I pm'd you a while back about withdrawing from the Divisions and I had updated the spreadsheet to that effect. Very sorry, but could you take me out? Cheers.

Screwie
28-02-2013, 11:08 PM
That was short notice for a draw! I missed the fun :(

Although I seem to have dodged a couple of bullets in Tier 1 - both PW's Chaos and Snoozer's Dwarfish horrors are in the other group. I do have Smaug's horrible Nurgle to fend off in my first game, though. Not looking forward to that.

Heliocentric
28-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Great, my 2 season old (just starting my third) Elf team is facing 1630 of Dwarf first (H to B)

Bizarrely I'm at 1580 already myself meaning a Bloodwiser babe. The good news? My Elves have more Guard(3 to 2), so I might actually brawl that game rather than Elfing it... If only those troll slayers were not both MB

Drake Sigar
28-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Right, before I hit my bed like a meteor strike, I'd like to mention that I have trouble finding any of the players in my division on Steam. So Chillydusk, lelandco, get in touch with me when you can please via my Steam or PM, whatever.

President Weasel
28-02-2013, 11:55 PM
the main place to organise games is in the forum group here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4
You can feel free to use Steam or PMs as well, of course.

Groovy will need to invite the new people to the groups, I think.

Pirate
01-03-2013, 03:40 AM
Seriously ? Out of everything I could get for my first match I get Chaos Dwarves ? With no apothecary. Brilliant.

sinister agent
01-03-2013, 04:49 AM
Dwarves. Why did it have to be dwarves.

JayTee
01-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Skaven, Elfs, and Lizards.

Hrm, this could be a nice start for my Chaos Dwarfs. Somewhat regretting starting my starting roster (2 Centaurs, 4 Hobbies, 5 Dwarfs, 3 Re-rolls) as the 6th Dwarf and thus 6th Tackle may prove more useful but we'll see how that goes.

mrpier
01-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Div C is Nurgle, Elf and Welf, I would be confident, but my chaos hasn't got any anti-elf skills yet so winning against those bastards is going to be hard, and of course nurgle is coached by that always-wins-against-me-except-that-time-it-was-a-draw Jolima.

drawlien
01-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Great, my 2 season old (just starting my third) Elf team is facing 1630 of Dwarf first (H to B)

Bizarrely I'm at 1580 already myself meaning a Bloodwiser babe. The good news? My Elves have more Guard(3 to 2), so I might actually brawl that game rather than Elfing it... If only those troll slayers were not both MB

Strangely for a Dwarf team, I've had 2 Guard players get killed in as many games. Can you make it 3 in a row?

Heliocentric
01-03-2013, 09:40 AM
I'll try, but now I need to drink own brand red bull and meditate on how to play against your shortstuff.

With AV9 but nothing much worth fouling (your players are proficient across the board, no stand outs) I'm not even sure gang fouling is a good idea. I guess I'll just let the kick off events and teams formations determine my strategy.

Heliocentric
01-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Double post

sadface
01-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Skaven, Elfs, and Lizards.

Hrm, this could be a nice start for my Chaos Dwarfs. Somewhat regretting starting my starting roster (2 Centaurs, 4 Hobbies, 5 Dwarfs, 3 Re-rolls) as the 6th Dwarf and thus 6th Tackle may prove more useful but we'll see how that goes.
Stay away <.<

Heliocentric
01-03-2013, 10:11 AM
@JayTee
When you are yet to play a match with a team you can retire players and rerolls for a 100% refund. So by all means get that dwarf if you want.

NieA7
01-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Plan for the season: hope the nightmare bash in the Champs rip one another to shreds, allowing me to carefully pick my way through the remains without anyone noticing until it's too late.

ChainsawHands
01-03-2013, 10:21 AM
The good news? My Elves have more Guard(3 to 2), so I might actually brawl that game rather than Elfing it...Don't do it, Helio! You know what Admiral Ackbar would say...

Drake Sigar
01-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Stay away <.<

Run away, run away from the pain.

Squiz
01-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Don't do it, Helio! You know what Admiral Ackbar would say...Do it! Dooo iiiit! I need to test out the new spectator mode (that is, if it is available for filthy Legendary Edition customers).

President Weasel
01-03-2013, 10:47 AM
OFFICIAL ADMIN TYPE ANNOUNCEMENT

We need one out of to apply to division K in Tier 4 because of [I]reasons.

Also we're probably going to need a couple of volunteers for filler teams, lest I put the Bad Santas in. Nobody wants that.
Of course, if we get a couple of other dropouts we're not going to need any filler teams at all, so just register your interest for now

Edit: drake got in touch first and has been promoted to M.

Indefatigible Snoozer
01-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Win more. Then maybe you too will get to be terrified out of your wits by Snoozers freakish dwarfs.
EIGHT. MOVE. ON A DWARF.
It's not right.

My dwarfs were brutalised in the Champs. My 4 STR 5 AG guy is not so mutant any more - he lost a STR to Winks' Lizardpeople. Also lost 'Chaos Fodder', who was famously brought on board to cope with that famous season where my opponents were 2 Chaos and 1 Nurgle team. Only lvl 2, but still - might have been good luck to have him against your clawing bastards.

NieA7
01-03-2013, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't mind carrying my useless vamps on for another season, though as they're no longer rookies I don't know if they're properly filler any more (after 3 losses they're at 10 players, 3 rookie vamps, 3 wrestle thralls including one with -MV, 5 rerolls, apo, 90k banked)

Gorm
01-03-2013, 11:34 AM
I'll be heading back over to China next week, so i might be a bit busy when this season starts. The week after that should be fine though so by the time everyones applied etc i should have time to get my first game in. Although i'd prefer not to play Lanefords Nurgle team.

sinister agent
01-03-2013, 12:47 PM
I've got a handful of untested teams I could use as filler if nobody minds. Yatties, orcsies and Nurglers are new, and some Elves and Chaos who've played a few games each.

Heliocentric
01-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Don't do it, Helio! You know what Admiral Ackbar would say...

The Shield is down! Commence attack on the Death star's main reactor?

You are right, I need to get my murder on.

Darkmalice
01-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Hi, I'm not completely new to BB but I'm pretty new and just made my first team for multiplayer (CE); quite happy to be a filler for you guys and get some experience in (GMT, free evenings and weekends).
Darkmalice on the lobby, lizardmen rookies by the name of 'Langside Chillybaws'.
You'll have to clue me in on how to get into the leagues bit though :P

President Weasel
01-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Sounds good, we'll try to fit you in to Division M for this season.
What you do is, you go to Leagues, and then League Finder, and then type in RPS Divisions of Death in the searchy thing (you can probably just type as far as "RPS D"). Find RPS Divisions of Death M, then "view league" and then apply.
The password is "chainsawed".

Screwie
01-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Also add your details to the Season Info tab on the spreadsheet! Welcome aboard :)

President Weasel
01-03-2013, 01:47 PM
new page, new red text

THE NEW SEASON IS STARTING, GET YOUR APPLICATIONS IN

Darkmalice
01-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Alright, on the spreadsheet and requested for the group here and the league, already on the Steam group.

Axler
01-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Seriously ? Out of everything I could get for my first match I get Chaos Dwarves ? With no apothecary. Brilliant.

Muhahahaha

:D

Web Cole
01-03-2013, 04:05 PM
new page, new red text

THE NEW SEASON IS STARTING, GET YOUR APPLICATIONS IN

If I quit my current Div before its been validated for the end of the season, will I lose out on winnings etc?

If so, Division H is awaiting validation I believe.

grinn
01-03-2013, 04:08 PM
CONGRATULATIONS GRINN!

A Second successive season as champion of the divisions!

Someone beat up those orcs next season, ok? :-)

Live draw in 5 minutes chaps....

Rok 'Ard!!!!!!

Squigtar legend and Rok 'Ard Nobz captain Ingvi Gobsteel has this to say about the Nobz second consecutive title:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwzzz-Ug

Everblue
01-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Pirate - So buy an apo? Before your first game you can change your team with no penalty.

potatoedoughnut
01-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Pirate - So buy an apo? Before your first game you can change your team with no penalty.

They don't have any MB/Claw/PO, so you're not really that much worse off than facing any other team. It's only later in life that one must fear bash teams.

mrchinchin25
01-03-2013, 05:26 PM
So here's a noob question.. I think I've applied correctly to the correct division of the league - Division K - but should it show my team under the list of teams for this Div?

If I pick my team from the bottom dropdown (under registered teams) it gives me "cancel application" as a button to the right - does this mean my app is still pending?

Teamname is "Look No Hands"

Screwie
01-03-2013, 05:27 PM
They don't have any MB/Claw/PO, so you're not really that much worse off than facing any other team. It's only later in life that one must fear bash teams.

Indeed. As you have a rookie High Elf team their Tackle is nothing to you too.

The only thing you really have to worry about is breaking their cage. Especially if you've stomped all their AG 3 players.

So here's a noob question.. I think I've applied correctly to the correct division of the league - Division K - but should it show my team under the list of teams for this Div?

If I pick my team from the bottom dropdown (under registered teams) it gives me "cancel application" as a button to the right - does this mean my app is still pending?

Your application is still pending, should be no problems. Generally the upper divisions are approved first, because lower division teams may need to be shuffled about to fill holes left by last minute drop-outs and such.

If the time comes for Div K to be approved and your team gets flagged up as not yet having applied, it will be down to an unfortunate and long-standing bug and you may need to re-apply. You'll be kept informed if you follow this thread in any case.

sinister agent
01-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Hnnngh. Thanks, Cyanide, for your fucking shitty interface screwing me yet again, as it tells me an injury is "niggling", but not that it also takes away strength, rendering my player useless, and then of course he gets the MVP and is the only player who levels. But hey, as long as you get to release another shitty bug-filled mess for full price soon, it's all okay, right?

BAH.

ChainsawHands
01-03-2013, 05:47 PM
That doesn't sound like a UI issue - niggling injuries (damaged back or smashed knee) and -ST injuries (smashed collar bone) are different things, and I can't see anything on either bug (http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=580) list (http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=100) about it reporting injuries incorrectly. Was there an apothecary involved at all?

NieA7
01-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Speaking of bugs, looking at Wink's roster in the Champs am I getting it horribly wrong or is the strength 4 skink 50TV too cheap at 160 (skink = 60, block = 30, sidestep = 20, ST = 50, ST = 50 so a total of 210)? Not that anything can be done about it if Cyanide but I've not seen it calculating TV wrongly before, even for two stats.

ChainsawHands
01-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Haven't looked at the player but yeah that should come to 210. Pretty sure my +MV +MV elf had its TV correct, although that did happen under LE.

ChainsawHands
01-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Oh, groovy has a +ST +ST blitzer, is General Zod added up correctly?

20phoenix
01-03-2013, 06:11 PM
That does look like a bug Nie - i've reported it on the server migration thread on BBTactics that Loukas checks regularly to get it looked at. Sorry Wink!

mrchinchin25
01-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Your application is still pending, should be no problems. Generally the upper divisions are approved first, because lower division teams may need to be shuffled about to fill holes left by last minute drop-outs and such.

If the time comes for Div K to be approved and your team gets flagged up as not yet having applied, it will be down to an unfortunate and long-standing bug and you may need to re-apply. You'll be kept informed if you follow this thread in any case.

Ah good stuff, panic over, time for pub!

sinister agent
01-03-2013, 06:42 PM
That doesn't sound like a UI issue - niggling injuries (damaged back or smashed knee) and -ST injuries (smashed collar bone) are different things, and I can't see anything on either bug (http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=580) list (http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=100) about it reporting injuries incorrectly. Was there an apothecary involved at all?

Nope. I deliberately refrained from using it because a niggling injury wasn't worth it, but a -ST one would have been. Come the end of the game, it's magically transformed into a -ST instead. Bug I guess.

potatoedoughnut
01-03-2013, 07:42 PM
You can look at the replay and see if you're misremembering the injury roll (or if the game indeed gave you a different injury post-match).

Darkmalice
01-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Think M is one short still, asked around but I can't encourage any of my pals to hop in unfortunately.

President Weasel
01-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Don't worry about it. M will be filled out last, after the other Divisions are are filled up - we do a tier at a time, starting from the top - can't finalise the tier below until we're sure nobody from the tier above has dropped out or forgotten to apply.

If we're still short a player or two from M at the end, after everybody's been shuffled around to fill out gaps from no-shows, we'll get filler teams in. We do it all the time.

MadDave123
01-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Got doubles on one of my stinky nurgle warriors. Current skills are Block, MB, Claw.
I was thinking of taking either, Dodge, Side Step or Diving Tackle (maybe Jump up and then get Piling On with his next skill up). Or should I not bother with an agility skill and ignore the double for a normal skill?

President Weasel
01-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Jump up, he's already most of the way to the cookie cutter killer build which ends with "... piling on, and jump up if you're lucky enough to get a double".
Dodge is kind of ok since you'll be in hitting range much of the time; sidestep is worth considering since you want to be in base contact at the end of a turn so you can hit someone, but piling on and jump up are part of the clawpomb cheese build for a reason.

Janek
01-03-2013, 09:52 PM
I've played against Diving Tackle Warriors in the past and they're REALLY ANNOYING. Not sure I'd get it on a player who already has Claw/MB, you really want him able to make as many blocks as possible. Dodge is good for survival, Sidestep for position and being annoying.

The boring option is to go Jump Up to combine with PO. In fact no the boring option is just to ignore it and take PO (or Tackle).

NieA7
01-03-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure I'd take it. Jump Up isn't that great at Ag2, and all the other more important killey skills are normals anyway. Something to make sure he's in a blocking position each turn might be worthwhile (sidestep, dodge) but probably no more than piling on/frenzy etc. Keeps TV down a bit too.

mrpier
01-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Dodge is great, Block, Dodge, maybe stand firm next and with foul appearence on top he will be a nightmare to knock down/push around. Sidestep is also a good pick, but not as good as dodge especially since he has access to stand firm. I probably wouldn't take diving tackle on a nurgle warrior, you want that annoying ST4 to stand up and hit things. For a pure killer then you will take piling on and jump up is great for that, but again I think I'd rather have a nurgle warrior standing and exerting his tackle zones. If you want to ditch the double then I would consider guard/stand firm/tackle based on what the rest of your team has and your next opponents.

President Weasel
01-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Tackle is excellent with Str 4 block and MB - one assist and you are 3 dicing some of the most annoying players (wood elf catchers, gutter runners, skinks, human catchers) and even the ones with block are still going down hard if you can roll pow or ! on any of those dice.
However it has limited synergy with claw - most of the dodge players you will want to hit already have terrible armour, and most of the high armour players you will want to hit don't have dodge. You'd be building a player who was quite good at hurting everything; you've got 8 players you can make into MB/block/tackle skink-killers (I think? 4 warriors and 4 nurglebeasts?) and personally I'd make a couple of specialised dwarf-ruiner/tomb guardian wrecker type players, with the full clawpomb cheese suite, and another couple built to kill dodgy types using block tackle MB.

What I am saying is that I reckon this double on this specific player who already has claw is a sign that Nuffle wants you to make a clawpomb jump up player to kill dwarfs with.

Also, if you put him on the line, there's a reasonable chance he can bounce back up after getting knocked down and get an unexpected free hit on the enemy without using your blitz - it's an agility based roll so a Nurgle warrior won't succeed every time, but if I remember right it's an easier-than-usual agility roll.

Also, you only need to make the roll if you want to block - jump up lets you take your full move allowance from prone without a roll, so it will be useful for getting that warrior and his Poorly Displayed in the Cyanide Game Field of Annoyingness back into position the turn after you've elbow dropped some unsuspecting player into the infirmary.

Heliocentric
02-03-2013, 12:01 AM
jump up roll is +2

AG2 jump up block is 3+ roll, and its failure isn't a turn over, so it plays nicely with pro.

NieA7
02-03-2013, 12:12 AM
It's Ag +2, so for a Ag2 dude it's 3+ - bit too much of a risk for my liking, given there's no skill re-roll (other than horrible, horrible pro) and failing means leaving him prone for another turn.

You're right about the potential numbers of MB/Block/Tackle in the Nurgle side. I've been thinking about how I want to build the Nurgle team I'm putting into the Open, the difficulty I've found is that the 4 Pestigors have about 6 roles to fill - fitting those three skills on all of them is difficult (assuming you want anything to do with the ball), at least until they're very high level. Nurgle Warriors are great and all, but there are lots of skills I'd prefer over tackle for them: block, guard, stand firm, grab (for sticking things to the beast) and mighty blow in some order would be my choices. That can leave you light on tackle for an uncomfortably long time, though I'd develop all the rotters along wrackle lines if any made it that far.

As for a killer, Nurgle don't have the high armour luxury of Orcs, the guard wall of dorfs or the universal strength access of Chaos, so putting a warrior on the floor (even with jump up) feels counter productive. I'd probably go for block, MB, claws, frenzy (which doubles as psuedo-tackle) and horns, with a killer 'gor getting block, tackle, MB, claws and juggs: a hammer and a scalpel, both useful against bash and agility but in different ways. Can always foul 'em with a rotter if the normal injury roll won't cut it.

President Weasel
02-03-2013, 12:13 AM
I will pay you 900,000 gold to have that nurgle warrior on my team when I face Snoozer's freak dwarfs. I have the money!

cyberpunkdreams
02-03-2013, 12:17 AM
It's Ag +2, so for a Ag2 dude it's 3+ - bit too much of a risk for my liking, given there's no skill re-roll (other than horrible, horrible pro) and failing means leaving him prone for another turn.

I thought it let them stand up whatever; failing just means you lose the 3 squares of movement and the ability to block without the blitz?

President Weasel
02-03-2013, 12:20 AM
I thought it let them stand up whatever; failing just means you lose the 3 squares of movement and the ability to block without the blitz?

If I remember correctly from Azlop's reign of gleefully-jumping-on-people-then-getting-up-and-doing-it-again type terror, if you try to do the free block and fail the roll, you don't get to do anything at all.
If you don't try the block, you get to use all your move without needing to roll.

cyberpunkdreams
02-03-2013, 12:21 AM
If I remember correctly from Azlop's reign of gleefully-jumping-on-people-then-getting-up-and-doing-it-again type terror, if you try to do the free block and fail the roll, you don't get to do anything at all.
If you don't try the block, you get to use all your move without needing to roll.

Ah, that makes sense. I'm sure you're right.

NieA7
02-03-2013, 12:22 AM
Depends whether you're moving or blocking from prone (which Jump Up allows you to do) - if you just get up it always works and saves you the 3 squares, allowing you to move (or blitz) as normal without the stand up penalty. If you try to block from prone you need to make the Ag +2 roll - pass it and you can block (and follow up) like normal, fail it and you have to stay prone.

*edit* I need to type faster >.>

MadDave123
02-03-2013, 01:05 AM
I will pay you 900,000 gold to have that nurgle warrior on my team when I face Snoozer's freak dwarfs. I have the money!SOLD! There's a function in BB that let's you do this, right? Please say yes.

Thanks for all the advice chaps. I'm now umm-ing and ahh-ing between Jump Up and Frenzy.

Quite a few of my rotters have 2 skills now. BUt I've generally gone for block + fend (or similar combos) just to make them annoying. A couple of the others have just wrestle, or dirty player. My rotters fail to die on most occasions. In fact, they rarely suffer anything other than a missed game from injuries. Nuffle is a weird mistress.

President Weasel
02-03-2013, 01:35 AM
SOLD! There's a function in BB that let's you do this, right? Please say yes.

Sadly not, or I genuinely would buy a MB block claw nurgle warrior for 900,000 golds.

20phoenix
02-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Off to a decent start with the applications:

Champs - Ready
Tier 1 - Ready

Div A - Jiiiim missing (has he quit or was the post in the Open thread Open specific?)
Div B - Karandraz missing
Div C - Jolima missing
Div D - Laneford missing

Tier 3 and 4 - not accepted as Tier 2 is incomplete but applications showing

Div E - all present
Div F - Joose missing
Div G - Chadsexington missing
Div H - all present
Div I - Palindrome missing
Div J - all present
Div K - Technojellyfish missing
Div L - Alini and SandmanXC missing
Div M - All present

Drake Sigar
02-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Technojellyfish posted almost half an hour ago in the Div K thread with the intention to compete:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?discussionid=68&pp=10&page=13&do=discuss

Maybe he forgot to send his application? He's new to multiplayer.

Edit: Talked to him. He just hasn't got around to it yet.

Chillydusk
02-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Darkmalice can you enter your details on the sheet when you have 5 mins

He had it there since yesterday at least, the problem is he put it in the absolute last line.
Just scroll down a bit more.

Screwie
02-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Nice work 20phoenix and PW et al, hopefully we'll have another swift pre-season!

Have Champs and Div 1 been kicked off, or are they merely ready to go?

20phoenix
02-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Apologies, didn't notice that hiding at the bottom!

Champs and Div 1 have not been started yet

TechnoJellyfish
02-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Maybe he forgot to send his application?

I just wasn't aware of the fact that you can indeed apply to a full league. Application has been sent!

laneford
02-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Off to a decent start with the applications:

Champs - Ready
Tier 1 - Ready

Div A - Jiiiim missing (has he quit or was the post in the Open thread Open specific?)
Div B - Karandraz missing
Div C - Jolima missing
Div D - Laneford missing

Tier 3 and 4 - not accepted as Tier 2 is incomplete but applications showing

Div E - all present
Div F - Joose missing
Div G - Chadsexington missing
Div H - all present
Div I - Palindrome missing
Div J - all present
Div K - Technojellyfish missing
Div L - Alini and SandmanXC missing
Div M - All present

Sorry! Applying now

President Weasel
02-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Nice work 20phoenix and PW et al, hopefully we'll have another swift pre-season!

Have Champs and Div 1 been kicked off, or are they merely ready to go?

Al didn't do anything. Credit where it's due please.

Darkmalice
02-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Sent in a join request for the group discussions btw, just in case you missed it amongst the bureaucratic shenanigans.

Chillydusk
02-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Also for you new guys on div M, don't forget to apply to join the group Here (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?discussionid=70&pp=10&page=3&do=discuss) so we can actually schedule the matches.
Its a hidden button saying Join Group on the grey line at the top.

Alistair Hutton
02-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Al didn't do anything. Credit where it's due please.

Hey, I applied for the correct league. At the second time of asking.

chadsexington
02-03-2013, 08:41 PM
App'd up to G.

20phoenix
03-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Morning update:

Champs - Ready
Tier 1 - Ready
Tier 2 - Just missing Karandraz from B
Tier 3 - Just Joose missing from F
Tier 4 - Just SandmanXC missing from L
Tier 5 - all present

Nearly there folks!

Heliocentric
03-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Aww, I really wanted to play Karandraz for a SotS grudge match.

Not seem him on steam recently to tell him either.

President Weasel
03-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Division 2 Day 1

The Red Skull Reavers, coached by President Weasel, gave Indefatigable Snoozer's Dwarven Giants a sound thrashing today, with the 2-1 scoreline belying a match in which the dwarfs got the ever-living crap kicked out of them and only Snoozer's coaching ability, cunning, and gritty determination kept the scoreline respectable despite being outnumbered two-to-one for much of the match.

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=217549&lang=en

It's entirely possible it's a coincidence and the whole thing was down to good fortune with a couple of early armour rolls which left the dwarfs fighting outnumbered for the whole match, but I prefer to think my chaos team were inspired by the soundtrack I was listening to:

http://open.spotify.com/user/chompmancobra/playlist/4TFVqiNOHrYjOh3z57eR6m

20phoenix
03-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Any serious casualties?

President Weasel
03-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Any serious casualties?

4 MNGs including a niggle on the move 8 runner who already has a niggle.

BBmanager does real-time* team rosters these days:

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageRoster.aspx?id=917810&lang=en

They were 2070 going in, and 1480 coming out.

*(As I understand it, someone running BBmanager needs to open the team and then close it again in order for it to update in BBmanager's database, and it only refreshes every 15 minutes so it might take 14 minutes to update - but that's still pretty damn impressive)

20phoenix
03-03-2013, 12:08 PM
You are my hero. In Roman times you would have returned home to cheering crowds, a laurel wreath and your pick of the slave girls. This comparison as in no way influenced by the fact I just watched an episode of Spartacus.

President Weasel
03-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Checking the schedule, it's Hutton who plays Snoozer next, and I play Boots after this week's Boots/Hutton match up.
Al, I've taken three enemy guard bastards out of your next match - could you do me a return favour and slaughter Boot's skinks before I have to play them? I've very little in my roster that can reliably stop a blodge skink.

Heliocentric
03-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Al, I've taken three enemy guard bastards out of your next match - could you do me a return favour and slaughter Boot's skinks before I have to play them? I've very little in my roster that can reliably stop a blodge skink.

@Hutton The violence metagame suggests avoid injuring the lizards, President Weasel 's Chaos mans won their game, if you want to get promoted you need his match against Boot to be won by the Lizards.

You do want to get promoted right?

Alistair Hutton
03-03-2013, 02:40 PM
@Hutton The violence metagame suggests avoid injuring the lizards, President Weasel 's Chaos mans won their game, if you want to get promoted you need his match against Boot to be won by the Lizards.

You do want to get promoted right?

I am insulted that you even suggest such basic metagame considerations to me.

No, the true mark of a professional is to win the game 5-4 thus ensuring boot's Skinks all level up.

Heliocentric
03-03-2013, 03:36 PM
I am insulted that you even suggest such basic metagame considerations to me.

No, the true mark of a professional is to win the game 5-4 thus ensuring boot's Skinks all level up.

Maybe mng his krox so it can avoid lending bloat?

Ethelred
03-03-2013, 09:56 PM
I've applied to join the forum for div I to arrange games but I don't seem to be able to post?

President Weasel
03-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Groovy will need to approve the application before you can. Maybe use Steam in the meantime?

MrJoose
04-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Oops, sorry guys. Applied to F now!

Heliocentric
04-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Karandraz told me he has applied. Now, off I go to study places to kick dwarves...

20phoenix
04-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Champs to Tier 3 are complete and running. Most of tier 4 has been set running with the exception of L which is still missing SandmanXC. We're going to need one, possibly two fillers for M

SandmanXC
04-03-2013, 11:09 AM
I will get in tonight. Sorry for the inactivity. Don't throw things at me please.

20phoenix
04-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Excellent - so just the one filler for M then.

I'm not going to throw things - i'm the good cop but I can't control the simmering ball of admin rage that is Weasel. He throws like a girl though so expect to get hit in the face by a frying pan while he shouts "you told me you loved me" at you

President Weasel
04-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Started by Monday, I believe Groovy said. It's Monday, we're starting, it's all good. I only get the rage when people miss deadlines.
I believe we had a volunteer for the filler team earlier in the thread; get your application in, as long as you've got a brand new team (or a fairly new non-bashy one).

groovychainsaw
04-03-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm popping online tonight to check everything out. Anyone who's applied for the groups has now been accepted.

If we really are all ready to go tonight people, we've done well, and you all get a cookie.

If not, the admins get a cookie for starting things in the right order, and missing folks get a pitchfork to the britches.

potatoedoughnut
04-03-2013, 03:50 PM
I will get in tonight. Sorry for the inactivity. Don't throw things at me please.

We don't throw, we just use the Acid Bricks of Castration (TM).

sinister agent
04-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Oops. I've applied my fresh Orc team (Scratchings) as filler for M, then read that you want non-bashy, so applied with some yatties. I can replace them with some slightly experienced (~1200) elves if preferred. I've not played as either before, so they should be kicked around quite merrily.

groovychainsaw
04-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi sinister, novelty/inexperienced is preferred as a filler team, as we don't want it to be toooo competitive down there against some of our new guys. Orcs are ok (maybe with a full complement of goblins? ;-D), but it definitely shouldn't be a developed team.

Screwie
04-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Orcs are ok (maybe with a full complement of goblins? ;-D)

It's a legitimate strategy! How dare you :P

Heliocentric
04-03-2013, 05:18 PM
I would like to run a filler if it's needed. A snot only ogre team.

Edit: Totally playing to win too.

Edit 2: Fouling will happen, lots.

President Weasel
04-03-2013, 05:21 PM
A proper TV1000 orc team will be fine.

boots468
04-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Maybe mng his krox so it can avoid lending bloat?

Hey! There's nothing bloat-y about my krox!

Well, apart from it never passing its bonehead roll, and always being in the injury box due to its niggling injury. Other than that though...

President Weasel
04-03-2013, 08:09 PM
"Use claw and mighty blow on the Krox, it has a niggle", got it.

SandmanXC
04-03-2013, 08:50 PM
I applied to Division L. Again, apologies available to everyone who wants one.

sinister agent
04-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I want two.

mrchinchin25
04-03-2013, 10:07 PM
So this just happened -
http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=217837&lang=en&bg=orca

Nuffle was an extremely harsh mistress this evening, it was not unknown for both of us to receive double "attacker down" results at the worst time.

And just when I was considering consigning my ghouls to the feed-bin, Ribfeeder the ghoul managed to score 2 touchdowns both by running the ball. I consider him a hero making 2 dodge rolls and a GFI to score the first! (This from a team of ghouls that previously struggled to even pick up the ball). The dirty Norse then attempted to fill Ribfeeder in with their icy stompy shoes. But he survived!

Praise to Nuffle for making my MVP the ghoul who died anyway. It is appreciated.

(So quick question - does the match need validating or similar? We both spotted that neither team received SPP so I'm guessing we must wait!)

Walrus
04-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Congrats on the win, it was a fun match to watch(caught it on Gabalvision).

Just wait for the game to be validated and you'll get the gold and spp.

cyberpunkdreams
04-03-2013, 10:23 PM
So this just happened -
Nuffle was an extremely harsh mistress this evening, it was not unknown for both of us to receive double "attacker down" results at the worst time.

And just when I was considering consigning my ghouls to the feed-bin, Ribfeeder the ghoul managed to score 2 touchdowns both by running the ball. I consider him a hero making 2 dodge rolls and a GFI to score the first! (This from a team of ghouls that previously struggled to even pick up the ball). The dirty Norse then attempted to fill Ribfeeder in with their icy stompy shoes. But he survived!

Praise to Nuffle for making my MVP the ghoul who died anyway. It is appreciated.

(So quick question - does the match need validating or similar? We both spotted that neither team received SPP so I'm guessing we must wait!)

Sounds like a game of Blood Bowl ;). And yes, validation is required. You have to let the admins know the division though. Speaking of which, could my match in Div F be validated please?

mrchinchin25
04-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Sounds like a game of Blood Bowl ;). And yes, validation is required. You have to let the admins know the division though. Speaking of which, could my match in Div F be validated please?

Ah right you are - Div K please for the validate!

Drake Sigar
04-03-2013, 11:04 PM
I believe my Yhetee, for who my team is named, made two tackles the whole game. One was a stumble, the other was a both down. We'd both been getting unlucky rolls at the wrong time throughout the first half, but in the second half Nuffle took it to a whole other level and laughed his sick ass off. The second started at 0-0 with Mr Chin receiving, and for the half time event the clock speeds up. Many crazy rolls later and Mr Chin managed a well deserved touchdown with two dodge rolls and a GFI, no rerolls (fuck you, Blood Bowl). Then? The kickoff event turns out to be a free offensive turn for him. This is followed by my first surefire attack being a double red skulls. Mr Chin picks the ball up, dances over the touchline, thank you and goodnight.

Janek
04-03-2013, 11:22 PM
F and K matches validated.

Axler
05-03-2013, 08:46 PM
2 - 1 Win for my Chaos Dorfs Vs Pirates High Elves in Div J. Could an admin validate when they get a sec.

Kelron
05-03-2013, 09:33 PM
2-0 for Sunshine & Lollipops over Edie's Eviscerators in Div I. Many elves were punched.

Heliocentric
05-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Many elves were punched.

Congratulations.

President Weasel
05-03-2013, 09:41 PM
I suspect the name of your team may be somewhat misleading.

The Brain
05-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Can anyone help me out? I've just finished moving house, got my office set up and computer connected to the network (Using the power line gizmos instead of proper cable like my last house unfortunately). I know I need to sort out all my port forwarding stuff again but the detailed networking guide on the spreadsheet is blank. Does anyone know where the guide can be found or is it a case of trawling through the old thread?

President Weasel
05-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Port 16962, isn't it? Try the guides at http://www.pcwintech.com/port-forwarding-guides - they ought to sort you out.

Heliocentric
05-03-2013, 10:18 PM
There's 2 ports one udp, one tcp.

President Weasel
05-03-2013, 10:38 PM
And 4 lights.

Dolphan
05-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Well, I thought I was in for it when I saw the 600-odd TV advantage Graever's humans had over my Nogs in Div H, but it turned out Nurgle was inclined towards blood sacrifice tonight. The combo of Morg'N'Thorg and my block Yhetee tore through the flimsy human bodies, and the rest of the Nogs followed their lead, inflicting casualty after casualty.

Graever didn't really ever have enough players standing up to threaten the cage in the first half, and his own ball carrier's defensive line were quickly overwhelmed in the second before he had a chance to free up a receiver. He managed to make a break straight through my lines on his next drive, but a berserker smoothly made a dodge-GFI-blitz to sack the carrier near the endzone (I'd completely forgotten I had a wizard, which I didn't end up using) and the Nogs made a smooth hand-off and short pass move up the near-empty pitch on the next turn to set themselves up for a final two-turn touchdown. It finished 3-0 to the Nogs.

Can't overstate just how brutal the match was - I took 3 BHs and a death (my block Ulfwerener *sniff*) myself, and that was nothing compared to the devastation Graever's team suffered. To add insult to injury, his very last casualty was his guard, break tackle, multiple block, long-serving ogre. Who died.

Graever
05-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Can't overstate just how brutal the match was - I took 3 BHs and a death (my block Ulfwerener *sniff*) myself, and that was nothing compared to the devastation Graever's team suffered. To add insult to injury, his very last casualty was his guard, break tackle, multiple block, long-serving ogre. Who died.

On the bright side with Head-Splitter the ogre dead (sob, sniffle) and two of it's remaining three high level players forced into retirement at least the brawlers will now have a TV suitable for their tier.

I think I'm going to do what nuffle has been telling me to for the last 5 seasons and reboot once this season is over.

I hear rats or lizards are fun...

President Weasel
05-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Rats are a coin toss. Gloriously ridiculous plays and running rings round your opponent, or taking a beating, getting outnumbered, and unable to do anything. There's also the occasional combination of the two, when you snatch victory or at least a draw from the jaws of defeat.

Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo
05-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Hey all,
So my friend still hasnt gotten his confirmation email and says he has emailed the admins of the site but still no response?
Anyhow his email is lelandcouture@live.com if this could be cleared up he can start organizing his match, thanks

Zoraster
06-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Does anyone know where the guide can be found or is it a case of trawling through the old thread?

You can still find it on some of the old sheets available via the historical results tab. If you try around season 16 you should find it intact. If someone with access could copy it over it would be helpful.

Jiiiiim
06-03-2013, 07:57 AM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?54-RPS-Blood-Bowl-League-The-many-many-Divisions-of-Death!&p=96172&viewfull=1#post96172

It's in my FAQ

The Brain
06-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Cheers guys. I managed to get it done last night but Hugh's guide was really helpful in checking my working. I think I should be set up now. I just have to see how stable the power line gizmos are when I play my first match. Fingers crossed.

NieA7
06-03-2013, 10:06 AM
I've used powerline networking for several years now, works great - never had a problem with it (finger's crossed).

groovychainsaw
06-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Hey all,
So my friend still hasnt gotten his confirmation email and says he has emailed the admins of the site but still no response?
Anyhow his email is lelandcouture@live.com if this could be cleared up he can start organizing his match, thanks

Hi Joey,
What's the problem here? I haven't seen anything that I can help with yet, but let me know what the issue is and I can try to help? :-).

Chillydusk
06-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Hey all,

Hey Joey,
I believe his confirmation e-mail had the same destination as the one i got a couple weeks ago. The spam folder. Make sure if it is there, since spam folders delete content at regular intervals. If it is not there, try to register again and keep checking the spam folder. Mine took about 30 min to come.
Hope to play leland in division M soon!

Everblue
06-03-2013, 12:03 PM
I've used powerline networking for several years now, works great - never had a problem with it (finger's crossed).

Same. Powerline either doesn't work at all (because of your electricity ring) or is ultra reliable. I have used it for WoW, Starcraft 2, Planetside 2, etc. No problems.

The Brain
06-03-2013, 02:30 PM
My flatmate has been using it for planetside 2 with no problems before I moved in so it should be fine. I'm just not as confident about Cyanide's netcode.

Walrus
06-03-2013, 02:51 PM
My flatmate has been using it for planetside 2 with no problems before I moved in so it should be fine. I'm just not as confident about Cyanide's netcode.

Cyanide's netcode is nothing to scoff at! It's really great considering that the only thing keeping it together is 5 hobbits and magical unicorn dust.

ChainsawHands
06-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Cyanide's netcode is nothing to scoff at! It's really great considering that the only thing keeping it together is 5 hobbits and magical unicorn dust.That is totally wrong and you are not allowed to say that!

They're called halflings.

20phoenix
06-03-2013, 05:37 PM
On the bright side with Head-Splitter the ogre dead (sob, sniffle) and two of it's remaining three high level players forced into retirement at least the brawlers will now have a TV suitable for their tier.

I think I'm going to do what nuffle has been telling me to for the last 5 seasons and reboot once this season is over.

Rats are awesome. So awesome in fact I think they may be filled out. They were last season but havent checked this season yet

Karthon
06-03-2013, 06:59 PM
I would like to join in the next season if that's acceptable

President Weasel
06-03-2013, 07:32 PM
There's still a space in Division M for this season, if you apply today. Add your details to the spreadsheet under "Season Info" with M for your division, check the "race balance" tab to ensure you're not playing a race that's full, create a team, and apply in game to RPS Divisions of Death M.

mrchinchin25
06-03-2013, 07:59 PM
That is totally wrong and you are not allowed to say that!

They're called halflings.

Or Squats if you're in the grim future

President Weasel
06-03-2013, 08:07 PM
No, squats were space dwarfs but the GW designers decided they didn't like them so took them off the army lists, waved their hands, and said "extincted by Genestealers". You should still be OK to use the models with the generic Imperial Guard rules, as long as you check first with whoever you're playing.
Space Halflings are called ratlings, and are generally sniper units in Imperial Guard armies rather than having their own army list. I don't know if they're still in the army lists or not though.

Ethelred
06-03-2013, 08:08 PM
2-0 for Sunshine & Lollipops over Edie's Eviscerators in Div I. Many elves were punched.

A sad, black day back on the ark. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth - I don't think I got one KO even.

Graever
06-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Rats are awesome. So awesome in fact I think they may be filled out. They were last season but havent checked this season yet

I was leaning more towards lizards which are, err, also full. In fact "looks at list" seems it's either orcs, necros, or buying the chaos edition for me.

Necromantic do seem to have a good mix of mobility and bash so I might go with that but we'll see what's actually available in three weeks.

potatoedoughnut
06-03-2013, 08:36 PM
No, squats were space dwarfs but the GW designers decided they didn't like them so took them off the army lists, waved their hands, and said "extincted by Genestealers". You should still be OK to use the models with the generic Imperial Guard rules, as long as you check first with whoever you're playing.
Space Halflings are called ratlings, and are generally sniper units in Imperial Guard armies rather than having their own army list. I don't know if they're still in the army lists or not though.

This is all true.

Axler
06-03-2013, 08:43 PM
I was leaning more towards lizards which are, err, also full. In fact "looks at list" seems it's either orcs, necros, or buying the chaos edition for me.

Necromantic do seem to have a good mix of mobility and bash so I might go with that but we'll see what's actually available in three weeks.

Necros are pretty fun. They are a slow starter though as you can't get all your positionals for 1000 TV. The Flesh Golems and
Wights are slow to skill and unfortunately those are the ones you most need skills on for the strength access. On the other hand though wolves skill quickly and the combination of Frenzy and Claw is pretty dangerous.

Alistair Hutton
06-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Altdorf Army - The David Icke Experience (Division 2)

We are not going to talk about this game. Ever.

drawlien
06-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Just tried playing Helio and was winning and had killed an elf and everything, but then he got a disco!

If anyone is feeling particularly adminny and is going through validating stuff please DON'T validate or reset our match. We are hoping to replay on Sunday and if not then we'll keep the result as it stands. Either way I can use my amazing admin powers to do it for myself!

I'm not going to tell you which division we're in to make it even harder for someone to mistakenly validate/reset it. :P

boots468
06-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Altdorf Army - The David Icke Experience (Division 2)

We are not going to talk about this game. Ever.

Several minutes of silence for the (many many) fallen would indeed be appropriate.

Heliocentric
06-03-2013, 09:29 PM
I'm not going to tell you which division we're in to make it even harder for someone to mistakenly validate/reset it. :P

~I dunno man, by adding mystique you are are just adding to the allure.

Alistair Hutton
06-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Several minutes of silence for the (many many) fallen would indeed be appropriate.

THIS IS TALKING ABOUT IT. No talking!

President Weasel
06-03-2013, 09:37 PM
It sounds as though you got the karmic punishment you deserved for not agreeing to maim many skinks for me.

Unfortunately I was pretty sure I could claw and MB my way to victory vs the Human Mans; your loss to Boots makes my ultimate league victory considerably more difficult, as those skinks will be a bugger for me to stop. Maybe I can get lucky and maim the sauruses instead.

I just validated the match we're not supposed to talk about and not only did you fail in your sacred duty to maim some skinks, you gave one of them a level up. You have maimed a negative number of skinks.

Alistair Hutton
06-03-2013, 09:48 PM
It sounds as though you got the karmic punishment you deserved for not agreeing to maim many skinks for me.

Unfortunately I was pretty sure I could claw and MB my way to victory vs the Human Mans; your loss to Boots makes my ultimate league victory considerably more difficult, as those skinks will be a bugger for me to stop. Maybe I can get lucky and maim the sauruses instead.

I just validated the match we're not supposed to talk about and not only did you fail in your sacred duty to maim some skinks, you gave one of them a level up. You have maimed a negative number of skinks.

I double skulled blocking Skinks so many times. So. Many. Times.

ChainsawHands
06-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Is there a replay?

Axler
06-03-2013, 09:59 PM
2 - 1 Win for my Chaos Dorfs Vs Pirates High Elves in Div J. Could an admin validate when they get a sec.

*nudge*

10char

ChainsawHands
06-03-2013, 10:08 PM
*nudge*

10char
Validated.

Alistair Hutton
06-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Is there a replay?

I'll upload it tomorrow if boots doesnt do so first.

What's funny is if not for a failed GFI it would have been a draw.

boots468
06-03-2013, 10:26 PM
I'll upload it tomorrow if boots doesnt do so first.

What's funny is if not for a failed GFI it would have been a draw.

I have no understandings of the dark magics of uploading (or downloading even) replays, so it'll be on you.

I don't know why I didn't even consider deploying to hinder the 1TTD - I just saw your lack of MV9+, sprint, grab or sidestep and forgot it was even an option.

Axler
06-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Validated.

ta

10char++

Alistair Hutton
07-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Match of terror and doom uploaded.

You should have seen how blasť I was about the first two deaths (0 SPP Linemen). You should have seen how unblasť I was about the last 2.

EDIT: Just to break my own rule and talk about the match more, the BBManager stats are hilarious.

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=218261&lang=en

President Weasel
07-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Did you lose any more Originals?

Alistair Hutton
07-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Did you lose any more Originals?

Hoffmeister and Frei both feel like originals having play 30 odd games each and having utterly crucial skills in the case of Frei (my Strong Arm Accurate thrower I was agonising over a skill up just a few short pages ago).

But my 3 originals are fine. Wulf did his best to injure Skinks but kept double skulling and Manfred Moaner was moaning about his damaged hip and was missing the game (wise move). The army, bloodied but unbowed marches on. . . to face Dwarves. Oh Nuffle protect me

President Weasel
07-03-2013, 10:39 AM
I told you before, I broke the dwarfs. Admittedly the 3 loners will still have block and tackle but all 3 of the MNG players had guard. The team your facing will have half the guard of the one I faced.

Karthon
07-03-2013, 11:00 AM
I've added myself to the sheet, and applied to league :)

Alistair Hutton
07-03-2013, 11:14 AM
I told you before, I broke the dwarfs. Admittedly the 3 loners will still have block and tackle but all 3 of the MNG players had guard. The team your facing will have half the guard of the one I faced.

Yeah, you haven't broken the Dwarves, you've trimmed their TV to make them highly efficient. I've lost two Guard players over the last two games so I'm down to 3 Guarders and I think one of them is MNG so I only have 2. I've had to fill my team with rookie pieces of crap, Snoozer will get Awesome Block,Tackle players.

I've got no passing game now and will be at a severe bash deficit.

ChainsawHands
07-03-2013, 11:16 AM
I've got no passing game now and will be at a severe bash deficit.So... standard human team, then?

Alistair Hutton
07-03-2013, 11:20 AM
So... standard human team, then?

Exactly. I'm back to square one except with a ridiculous TV that has no bearing on my teams ability.

Chillydusk
07-03-2013, 11:25 AM
I've noticed Karthon filled the spreadsheet with his details. Do we have everything ready to start division M?

Karthon
07-03-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm ready when everyone else is :)
also, being accepted into the Forum group might make it a little easier for me to organise with people.

Chillydusk
07-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Did you apply for the group on cyanide bloodbowl servers?
If we have everyone there I'd very much like to start the division :).

Karthon
07-03-2013, 11:47 AM
i've applied for league in game, if thats what you're asking?

President Weasel
07-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Karthon, did you apply to Division M within the game? - and you've just answered that question while I was typing.
Did you go right into "view league" and apply? Sometimes it bugs out if you only apply from the league search screen. I'll have a look for your application when I get home this evening, unless another admin gets to it first.

Alistair, it's not my fault you got your team shamefully beaten up by skinks, I did what I could to help you :)

Karthon
07-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Yes i have applied for division M

should i cancel and reapply?

Karthon
07-03-2013, 03:34 PM

once you get a level or two in on a gutter runner, with luck, you actually attain to ability to OTTD every time you recieve the ball,
a gutter runner naturally has MA 9, so roll high, give him +1 MA, then give him sprint, viola he is capable of running 13 squares in one turn (the length of the opponents half) so he becomes an easy OTTD tool, although, he'll get wailed on loads for it :P
also, at this point, the rest of your team kinda gets lost in the dust with levelling, as only your GR is levelling now, due to the number of TD's
but is still a fun (although nooby) strat to play :)

Chillydusk
07-03-2013, 04:11 PM
I like to have one of those when I play Skaven or Wood Elves.
At the same time, scoring on 1st turn is a double-edged sword because it leads to a 2-1 defeat.
For that same reason, I end up getting a mix of defensive and blitzing Runners in my teams instead.
In the end, it is a really fun team to play.

ChainsawHands
07-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Sprint and +MV's a waste. Actually sprint in general's not great, but with either you're only one push away from a 1TTD so taking both seems pointless. I wouldn't try it every time though, only if you're at the end of the half and need to do it. Otherwise you can relax, take your time and score in two turns. ;-)

Web Cole
07-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Sprint and +MV's a waste. Actually sprint in general's not great

Coincidentally, this (http://bbtactics.com/sprint/) appeared today. I agree its a nice option to have when you get that +MV GR, or WE Catcher etc, and I also agree I don't think its worth it to build an all out 1-Turner, e.g. +MV, Sprint, Sure Feet etc.

ChainsawHands
07-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Yeah, GFIs are basically terrifying monsters that will kill your players, so the ability to do another one isn't that tempting.

Screwie
07-03-2013, 04:32 PM
The Fanatic would do well with Sprint, however even then he should probably take Sure Feet first. Assuming he already picked up Block.

Heliocentric
07-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Yeah, GFIs are basically terrifying monsters that will kill your players, so the ability to do another one isn't that tempting.

+MV is 30spp and is risk free, sure feet is 20/30spp and helps save rerolls, sprint is 20/30spp and is only useful if you take gambles. I think sprint is TV bloat TBH.

cyberpunkdreams
07-03-2013, 05:41 PM
+MV is 30spp and is risk free, sure feet is 20/30spp and helps save rerolls, sprint is 20/30spp and is only useful if you take gambles. I think sprint is TV bloat TBH.

Unless you have an MV9 player and fancy the 1TTD option.

20phoenix
07-03-2013, 05:48 PM

Speaking as someone in possession of a +MV, sprint, wrestle, catch gutter I actually agree about sprint. I wish I'd taken sidestep as that would only require one push and he's in range. Since I have him I've decided I might as well just commit to it and the fact he has wrestle is useful as he can and will play defence as well. Unwilling to fire him without another +MV gutter though. Interesting fact - he's scored 0 one turners!

cyberpunkdreams
07-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Speaking as someone in possession of a +MV, sprint, wrestle, catch gutter I actually agree about sprint. I wish I'd taken sidestep as that would only require one push and he's in range. Since I have him I've decided I might as well just commit to it and the fact he has wrestle is useful as he can and will play defence as well. Unwilling to fire him without another +MV gutter though. Interesting fact - he's scored 0 one turners!

Well, some of us have +MV sprint catchers with side step as well... which is nice ;). That said, that guy on my Open woodie team does just soak up all the SPP. If he dies, the team is even more screwed than it already is.

leftfield010
07-03-2013, 06:02 PM
My game against mrpier in div c crashed, is it possible we can get a reset please?

mrpier
07-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Tried to play my game against leftfield010 in Div. C today, only to have a bug freeze the game at halftime. We got two kick-off events (First riot and then cheering fans) which evidently the game couldn't handle. Not sure what triggered it, but I let my kick-timer run out since I wasn't at my desk and leftfield set up a bit sooner than I anticipated, then my Halfling chef struck taking 2 rerolls from leftfield, then apparently a riot happened that I didn't see any signs of, then cheering fans happened and leftfield got one rr back.

So if a gentle admin could reset it that would be nice, not sure if we have time to replay it though. When does the first week end anyway? Doesn't say on the sheet.

President Weasel
07-03-2013, 06:17 PM
There's time yet. It'll be approximately Wednesday next week since the start day was Monday.

Heliocentric
07-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Have a Mv9 catcher (pro elf) will likely get him sidestep next as it's 1TTD potential is alluring, but it is also a ridiculously useful skill generally.

Kelron
07-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Could someone validate my Div I match?

Walrus
07-03-2013, 07:42 PM
[insert cool name](WElf) played by dubstepmanatee vs Midnight Sparkles(Vam) played by me.

1 - 0

I don't usually complain about dice, but when I roll three ones in a row for pickup, 5 of my players in the injury box and 2 knock outs leaving me 4 people on the pitch while playing elves I think I have the right to say bugger off you asshole elves and I hope you break your necks from falling off trees.

Also 2 interceptions. Apparently the Twilight vampires are really awful at Blood Bowl.

Janek
07-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Validated matches which are marked on the sheet and/or asked for in the thread.

Could I remind people to make sure they promptly fill in the result on the spreadsheet when they finish their match? Makes it much easier for admins to tell the difference between legitimate results and Cyanided games.

TheKenwyne
07-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Division I Gameday 1: Smoking Popes (Hum) 0-0 Zoggers (Orc)

So we may have just had the most boring game of Blood Bowl in the history of our fine sport. There was one casualty a piece and a couple of KOs, but the ball never really left the middle 3rd of the field. I got within one move of the end zone at the end of the first half and Palindrome was just about there in turn 16, but alas solid defence meant that the dream of team's first touchdowns remains unfulfilled. Palindrome blames pouring rain, I blame some dodgy re roll usage on my part and to a lesser degree pouring rain. If an admin could validate would be fantabulous :)

Kelron
07-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Could I remind people to make sure they promptly fill in the result on the spreadsheet when they finish their match? Makes it much easier for admins to tell the difference between legitimate results and Cyanided games.

Aha. Knew I'd forgotten something.

Karthon
07-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Could an admin allow me access to the RPS DoD group?

edit: Also, i've emailed Ielandco, so should be able to get match sorted even if he cant get on RPS forums for a little while

mrchinchin25
07-03-2013, 08:36 PM
[insert cool name](WElf) played by dubstepmanatee vs Midnight Sparkles(Vam) played by me.

1 - 0

I don't usually complain about dice, but when I roll three ones in a row for pickup, 5 of my players in the injury box and 2 knock outs leaving me 4 people on the pitch while playing elves I think I have the right to say bugger off you asshole elves and I hope you break your necks from falling off trees.

Also 2 interceptions. Apparently the Twilight vampires are really awful at Blood Bowl.

Drake Sigar has been telling me about your game... Ouch that looked painful. 1 death and 3 injuries??

Walrus
07-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Drake Sigar has been telling me about your game... Ouch that looked painful. 1 death and 3 injuries??

Yup, but that's pretty much to be expected since I only have armour 7 on most of my guys. The thing I'm bummed about is that only one of his elves got hurt and that one of my vamps will miss the next game.

President Weasel
07-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Applications accepted for Division M and season started

I believe some of you Division M-ers need to have your forum group applications accepted by Groovy before you can use the M group to arrange matches - I suggest you use PMs or Steam chats or, as a last resort and for this season only (or else everyone will want to do it), post in this thread.

Now go out and maim the enemy and maybe score a touchdown. Good luck!

TechnoJellyfish
07-03-2013, 09:00 PM

Beware of my elves: They're so incredibly stupid, they just can't distinguish between the ball and, let's say, a vampire's head ... :X

mrchinchin25
07-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Beware of my elves: They're so incredibly stupid, they just can't distinguish between the ball and, let's say, a vampire's head ... :X

My super-brainy mummies should fare well then.

"What ball? Brains?..."

Karthon
07-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Mummies: 'I was gonna pick up the ball, but nuffle didnt want me to... my hand fell off, can't pick up ball...'

palindrome
07-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Division I Gameday 1: Smoking Popes (Hum) 0-0 Zoggers (Orc)

So we may have just had the most boring game of Blood Bowl in the history of our fine sport. There was one casualty a piece and a couple of KOs, but the ball never really left the middle 3rd of the field. I got within one move of the end zone at the end of the first half and Palindrome was just about there in turn 16, but alas solid defence meant that the dream of team's first touchdowns remains unfulfilled. Palindrome blames pouring rain, I blame some dodgy re roll usage on my part and to a lesser degree pouring rain. If an admin could validate would be fantabulous :)

It was remarkably uneventful, even the injuries were nothing more than badly hurt. Both of us had a forlorn attempt at the line and both of use got tackled before we could cross it. The rain is what really stalled the match, certainly in the first half, as it took my thrower(who allegedly has the sure hands skill) 4 turns to finally pick up the ball by which time the brawl on the LoS had sucked in nearly every player on the pitch. There just wasn't enough time to do anything with it, I came within a handoff, a dodge and a GFI of the line but unfortunately the ball carrier spent some time inspecting the grass due to the application of bootleather before he could manage the handoff. The Popes then managed to get a hold of the ball thanks to the crowd before my blitzer had some words with the ball carrier on the 8th turn (1 square from my line)

The second half didn't really get much better, the Popes couldn't break my line and another massive brawl ensued with much the same result, my goblin almost managed it but I didn't have enough players in range to mark everyone and he got stretchered off courtesy of an unmarked blitzer.

I think I managed to pick up the ball twice all match, it even managed to bounce through 5 of my players hands after I splattered the ball carrier and none of them caught the damn thing (admittedly one was the troll).

Good positioning, the weather and a lack of skills meant that we basically shut each other down. At least no one died.

Heliocentric
07-03-2013, 11:54 PM
At least no one died.

Go to your room and don't come out until you apologise.

Kelron
08-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Looks like it will be down to me to fill Div I's death quota. I managed one against Ethelred, still got space for more zombies.

The Brain
08-03-2013, 09:54 PM
First game with my new team went better than last season. Necro versus Pro elves. Elves scored easily in the first few turns then I spent the rest of the game kicking the crap out of them while they kept stealing the ball at every opportunity. Luckily I managed to get it back again and that was pretty much it. Highlights were my WW getting two TDS and an injury in his first game while a FG got two injuries himself. 1 death for the elves was apothed to something less life threatening and I think one -MV on a line elf. Rumpel was a pleasure to play and kept the game bright and breezy, fast action stuff. Onward now to more elfy punchbags with a block WW (unless I role doubles).

Rumpel: Unseelie Accords 1 - 2 The Brain: Full Moon Foulers

P.S. Can a kindly admin please validate our game? (Div J)

Heliocentric
08-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Onward now to more elfy punchbags with a block WW (unless I role doubles).

TBH, even if you roll doubles(unless you get jugganaut and take him as a dedicated blitzer I guess), frenzy without block is fail waiting to happen.

Axler
08-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Mighty Blow to go with the WW's Claw

The Brain
08-03-2013, 11:45 PM
that's what i thought on doubles. but is it worth ignoring for block first? not that I even know if I have a double yet, but in theory what would people go for?

President Weasel
09-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Assuming you got a double I would definitely go for MB rather than get block then wistfully pine for another double that's unlikely to show up. Yes, it means a whole nother level until you have block, but on the other hand you ought to get there pretty quick with claw and MB if you pick your targets and use supports.
I've levelled Chaos Warriors with MB first, it works - as long as you plan for the occasional turnover.

Pirate
09-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Damm it. First Chaos Dwarves and now I get a bloodthirsty Necro team. With a bloody Block WW. Thank god I got my apo now.

palindrome
09-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Assuming you got a double I would definitely go for MB rather than get block then wistfully pine for another double that's unlikely to show up.

A Str 3 frenzy player without block is a turnover machine, MB would be lovely but using a WW offensively without block is an act of desperation. Once they get block you can trust them to not get punched in the face too often. I found this out the hard way with my Norse and they are Str 4.

Everblue
09-03-2013, 07:39 AM
If you get a double it should be mighty blow without question. The combo with claw is so powerful and he will get to 16spp very quickly.

A werewolf is one of those players that is only good with normal rolls, but with a single double for mb can be a star.

And as for playing without block, yes it's risky, but block is a skill that is nice to have on a killer blitzer but not essential - most of his targets will have block or wrestle, so block doesn't help with killing, only preventing turnovers. I have seen very high spp chaos beast men killers with frenzy but no block.

palindrome
09-03-2013, 09:57 AM
MB+claw won't be making you all that many extra SPP, it would take a good few games to get those SPP without luck (or a couple of games against 'flings) while everyone is effectively AV6-7 but you need to knock them down first. There is no way that I would trust a frenzy player without block unless I had a lot of re-rolls and a 2 dice block simply because the risk of a turnover is high enough to cost you games.

The Brain
09-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Until he gets block I'm planning on using him as a ball carrier and going for 2-3 turn TDs. It wastes his claw/frenzy combo on offence but should get him plenty of SPP. On defence he is still my blitzer. He'll still be a turnover machine until he gets block so I'll be using him very carefully. That said, if he gets block before I play Axler's CDorfs I'll be using him as a hairy dorf can opener!

grinn
09-03-2013, 11:27 AM
I was just playing my Champs match against Janek. He kicks and throws a wall of claw pombing. The armour breaks go my way though, with 2 Badly Hurts for his 1 and 3 KOs for his none. I score on turn 8 and Janek deploys 8 stinkymen. The match ended early when he quit on me. It's the second time this happens in the three matches we played. Sadness.

SandmanXC
09-03-2013, 02:17 PM
In an appropriate fashion, my first ever league match got cyanided. JayTee and myself agreed to an admin in his favour, since he was up 2-0 anyway.

Great start, fellas, I'm proud of myself.

JayTee
09-03-2013, 02:28 PM
RAAAAAAAAGE in Division L

So first match with my fresh new Chaos Dwarfs is against Lizards, and it was going superbly well. I'd managed to get 2-0 with 2 turns left to go, both TDs on the same Hobgoblin for a level, and 2 injuries and my team was unscratched. Lizards cage up on the halfway line and a Bull Centaur charged in, took a Both Down on a Saurus KOing the Saurus and the Centaur's armour held.

BOOOOOM

Crash to Desktop :(

In the effort to move things along, as I'm on a ticking clock here due to going on holiday in 2 weeks, can we get my match with Sandman scooted to a 2-0 win in my favour and get the Division rolled on?

President Weasel
09-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Groovy, you need to make some space in your inbox. Give me a shout on Steam if you see me online?

potatoedoughnut
09-03-2013, 05:25 PM
I'd certainly take MB for a ww on a double for first skill. They're fast enough that they'll be scoring lots of TDs anyway so the next level shouldn't take too long. The only change I'd make is buying the 2nd ghoul before the second wolf if the cash comes faster than the SPPs in order to limit the number of RRs needed for blocks.

Frenzy without block isn't as bad as everyone seems to think it is. At least as long as you're setting up 2d blocks you shouldn't have much problem. They'll happen occasionally, but the same thing will happen when you block with anyone else except the wights, except you'll have claw/mb instead of nothing. I can't see how that's a bad thing.

Darkmalice
09-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Ooft. A loss to Chillydusk's Chaos for me. That oafish Krox of mine went down in the first turn and sat out the match nursing his boney head! Never quite came back so Chilly rightly finished me off 2-0, despite the ball being greased in butter.
Grats m8, fun match. ;P

sadface
09-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Divsion L
Rats (me) 3 : 3 Elves (Dentharial)

So lots of scoring and my first draw with rats, yay! The Mighty Blow vermin was really, really useful too.

There was some stupidity on both sides (not marking the only elf that can score vs. moving instead of blitzing), but also some amazing plays (running the ball from 2 tackle zones, all the way down the pitch vs. freeing both gutter runners from a scrum right agaisnt the sidelines 15s before the end of the match). Great fun!

So fine to move Div L on.

palindrome
09-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Frenzy without block isn't as bad as everyone seems to think it is. At least as long as you're setting up 2d blocks you shouldn't have much problem.

My Norse WWs routinely had 2 dice blocks but still ended up face first frequently, its one of the chief reasons why the team has been shelved. Frenzy is the real problem as you have 2 compulsory dice rolls for things to go horribly wrong and they inevitably will.

If you have enough bash elsewhere to cope while the WW levels up then all well and good.

Heliocentric
09-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Frenzy is the real problem as you have 2 compulsory dice rolls for things to go horribly wrong

No-one is forcing you to block yunno. ^_^

palindrome
09-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Norse can't really do anything else :)

President Weasel
09-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Bah, place supports sensibly and don't do frenzies that will get you into trouble, and don't use the werewolf before you have to. I have a starting chaos team in Orca Cola and none of them had block; it lost me a game recently but you don't see me chucking the team in. I even took dodge on one player and +str on another instead of taking block first.

Corkir
09-03-2013, 09:46 PM
A lot of strong norse coaches advocate taking mighty blow first on the ulfwerner anyway. To consider turning it down on a werewolf is madness.

Eard just came within a whisker of being the first rps coach to beat me, and did become the first to be in front in the second half. I scored a lucky turn 16 td to get the 1-1 (4+ dodge, 5+ pass, 4+ catch all without any reroll) although I would have had a much easier chance but for a pd on the kick off.

Dog Pants
09-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Div A: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 0 - 2 Track and Field (AMA, Jiiiiim)

The weather is suitable for neither team as they line up on the frigid field, the snow making the Amazons regret their now slightly less immodest outfits, and the icy winds cutting the Khemri to the bone. Anupshi Rises kick first as a joker from the crowd hits one of the pair of Track and Field star players, Morg'n'Thorg, square in the face with a snowball. Unfortunately for Morg the rock in the middle of it puts him on his arse. Undaunted, the Amazons push to the right flank and the Ogre quickly recovers to spearhead the attack. With many of the attackers ganging up on the Khemri line of scrimmage, keeping them from hitting anyone too hard, the flanking cage comes up against a hefty opposition. Track and Field react by sliding through a gap in the lines to centre field, and the defenders follow, but the Amazons zig-zag back again. With all the manoeuvring steadily pulling the slow defenders out of formation Morg crashes through the remainder and the ball carrier saunters casually over the line.

The second half Anupshi Rises attack draws itself in and pumps the whole team up the right hand side of the pitch hoping to use sheer force to overwhelm their nimble opponents. They push against the Track and Field defences and slowly squeeze up against the sideline, but eventually Morg lumbers in and clocks the Thro-Ra ball carrier just as it looks like they might break through. After a brief scuffle the ball finds itself in the hands of... none other than Morg! The star ogre lumbers off to give the ball to someone more agile, and the Linewoman puts distance between her and the clumped Khemri. A hand off later and the ball is again trotted over the line, timed for the final whistle.

chadsexington
10-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Played BigC in div G tonight.

CDwa (me) vs Wood Elves (BigC).

I came in at 250TV ahead, giving BigC two bloodwiser babes and a wizard. The match started poorly for BigC as I was granted a blitz and an got an injury on a lineman with my mino - which fortold how the match was going to play out.

Turn after turn I smashed his guys into big red crosses while BigC struggled to put anything together - not through any fault of his own, but as soon as he needed to make a non-block roll, he failed it.

He eventually got a TD around turn 5 or so, taking the lead 1-0.

I managed to continue the warpath and injure more as I scored the equalizer in Turn 8 after scoring a pickup with a centaur.

Second half, same as the first.

I received and immediately flubbed the pickup. Things would have been dicey had BigC not been reduced to 5 or 6 elves on the pitch, most of them starting their turn from their backs.

I make the pickup and get up to midfield, injuring more as I go. I push one more turn and am now within touchdown range

'Yer a wizard, Harry!

A fireball takes out all five of my cage, including a -1MV injury to my sure hands hobgob, which I apoth'd to a BH. This could be the turning point BigC is looking for as he runs in to scoop the ball, heads downfield to a waiting wardancer, and then flubs the pass.

I smash everyone I can on my way to the ball and yet again pick it up with a centaur.

Enter the strip ball wardancer. She gets two cracks at my centaur on his way up field - first one gave a skull, second was double both downs.

The game ends with a triple dice charge on a lineman and an easy walk-in for a centaur.

2-1 Chaos Dwarves.

Final total was 7 injuries, 1 death for BigC. 5 of those from my mino alone.

JayTee
10-03-2013, 01:34 PM
In the effort to move things along, as I'm on a ticking clock here due to going on holiday in 2 weeks, can we get my match with Sandman admin-ed to a 2-0 win in my favour and get the Division (Divison L​) rolled on?Just before I head to bed, can we get this done? Planning on a week 2 match in the morning so would be good to be able to do it :)

20phoenix
10-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Done - validated a bunch of matches while I was at it except for games that weren't marked on the sheet. If you want your games validated gentlemen then please get that result marked up.

The Brain
10-03-2013, 03:17 PM
I think Div J got missed. We are ready to be moved on and I'm itching to see what my WW gets for his level.

Joeyjojojuniorshabadoo
10-03-2013, 04:55 PM
My match against Delusibeta in Divivion M is done, Del was a good sport despite the game being nuffly against him, but he did kill 2 of my guys....only got enough apoths for 1 unfortunatly, if an admin could validate it the week can be rolled on

Delusibeta
10-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Division G (despite what Joeyjojo says...)

[Delusibeta] Street Sweeping Scrubs 0 - 2 The London Silly Nannies [Joeyjojo]

A torrential downpour in the Crypt tonight led to a lot of players slipping and falling over on the first half. Trying to play a bashy game in the first half went badly (as expected playing against a default ST4 team, even with the assistance of the team cheerleader making his third appearance for the side), with an injury sustained. On the plus side, the fouling expeditions of Bob Baker led to an kill and the refereee noticing (sadly, the apothecary did a good enough job to patch him up and the guy will be back next match). Second half started on a similar note, with the now traditional extra turn for the other guys, the cheerleader being given the ball via Touch Back, followed by everyone tasting the floor and the ball carrier getting rumbled. However, somewhere in the melee, one of my level one linesmen landed a punch to the face of one of Joey's level three beastmen, who presumably had a stroke and a heart attack on collapsing because the beastman then died. Attempts to pass the ball resulted in the ball getting dumped being the passer twice, and a second touchdown was conceded.

The third phase went far better, in that every piled to the right, a successful pass was made and the ball was delivered to the left. Chaos ensued, and another mid-field battle followed. Sadly, time ran out before anything could be made of it.

So in conclusion, I was thoughly out-bashed, but I'd call Nuffle's treatment of the game "about fair" considering the number of deaths I managed to inflict. Also, two level ups, which is always nice.

Screwie
10-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Dread Pool (DElf, me) vs Irrelevant Illnesses (Nur, smaug81)

This was a worrisome matchup. Smaug's team includes a terrifying ST 5 warrior with MB and Claw, and two pestigors with MB/Tackle. Not to mention the BoN, which is always a pain. And then the Disturbing Presence, which is just horrid.

I received to start, and Smaug's defence was evenly spread across the field. I formed up a cage on the right flank, when Smaug piled in against me. His MB/Claw horror caused a career-ending injury to my rookie lineman and got his BoN to movie into contact, so except for a couple of elves to keep them occupied, I transferred right across to the left side of the pitch for a new cage.

My high speed allowed me to gain some ground before Smaug's team could lock my cage down again. A turn later the dreaded BoN arrived and applied its greasy tentacles to my cage. Unable to punch my way out the front, I pulled back the elves inside my cage pocket and retreated back into my own half, moving out of range of the enemy and their DP for a possible pass. Smaug followed the ball but wasn't able to contain the 4-5 elves I'd pulled way from my cage.

On my next turn, I ran two of those elves diagonally forward to the opposite flank, where they would guard the lone surviving lineman I'd left there earlier as he dodged free of his marker and moved within scoring range. Smaug's BoN blitzed in, reaching my runner ball-carrier. He dumped the ball off to his runner friend (who failed the catch, standing in 3 DP zones), but then the BoN double-skulled and fell over. Phew! I recovered the ball and ran for the pass. Smaug had a warrior planted squarely in the middle, so my Ag 5 runner just stomached the DP and chucked the ball to the waiting lineman. The pass completed and I went 1-0 up with only two turns remaining in the half.

Smaug pushed hard to make the most of the time, sending his pestigors forward down both flanks. But he forgot about my witch elf, who surfed one of his scary MB/Tackle pestigors into the crowd (causing a niggle that he failed to regenerate). The other receivers were caught and the half ended without further score. I had been lucky so far, and I knew the second half would be tougher.

Half-time score: 1 - 0 to the Pool.

Smaug pushed formed a cage and I formed a screen. As he advanced and I danced backward, I flanked round a runner, assassin and blitzer to distract and harass his players. A fourth player, another blitzer ran straight in, pushing away the back corner of his cage and parking up next to the carrier. With his Shadowing, Smaug would have to deal with him before moving on. He did, Badly Hurting the player but using up his blitz to do so, and Smaug's cage didn't move much that turn.

Meanwhile my assassin was having some fun, KOing the two rotters who marked him on consecutive turns. As my screen continued to delayed the cage, Smaug brought more of his heavy hitters to the front line, trying to dispatch elves in front of him. However at the back, his cage was guarded with under-skilled rotters, and it was suddenly within reach of many of my players.

I took a gamble on breaking the cage, which only turned out to be possibly the most awesome defensive play I've ever done :D

Leaving only 4 elves in the screen as I moved round the side and blitzed a rear rotter out of the cage. It went down and my blitzer moved into the cage, followed by a runner as a second contact on the carrier, and then my witch elf to cover him. I couldn't mark up Smaug's remaining MB/Tackler so I was expecting him to charge in and blitz either my blitzer (who had Diving Tackle) or my witch elf (who had Shadowing and Side Step) to try and free up his carrier. Sure enough, he barrelled in aiming for blitzer and knocked him down, but then he followed up - and my witch elf Shadowed in behind him!!

A follow-up block failed, and suddenly Smaug's best blitzer and ball-carrier were isolated from his frontline. Both went down and, even worse for Smaug, the ball bounced behind my elves. My runner grabbed it and ran upfield, joined by the stab-happy assassin and outside blitzing range of anyone on Smaug's team. Wonderful elfery!

Full-time score: 2 - 0 to the Pool.

Thanks for the game, Smaug!

EDIT: Wow, that turned into a long one.

Chillydusk
10-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Just wanted to let you know in case someone can fix it.
I've noticed last couple days that the lines for darkmalice and karthon on the spreadsheet's season info were not correctly configured.
When i scrolled right, the stats for matches played etc were not configured, probably because they signed up after the draft took place.
One of them had zeros instead of the appropriate functions while the other had nothing at all.
My OCD made me try and fix it, but while Darkmalice's stats seem to be correct, Karthon's are showing a draw when he didn't play any games yet.
Judging by the function, I believe this comes from some other page we don't have base access to, therefore i can't check what's wrong.
Hope it can be sorted soon :).

Jolima
10-03-2013, 09:26 PM
I fixed it. Thanks for the notice. It happened because their team names were written out in some hidden cells on the Table sheet.

The Brain
10-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Well after all the talk of taking block or MB on a WW if you get a double first I went and rolled a +AG. I've taken the +AG thinking he can easily be used as a scorer now and get him his next level for block pretty quickly. Did I make the right move?

cyberpunkdreams
10-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Well after all the talk of taking block or MB on a WW if you get a double first I went and rolled a +AG. I've taken the +AG thinking he can easily be used as a scorer now and get him his next level for block pretty quickly. Did I make the right move?

Even just one AG4 player on an otherwise AG2/3 team can make a big difference, especially for supposedly "safe" things such as pick-ups. That's what I think, anyway!

NieA7
10-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Absolutely, an Ag4 wolf is probably more of a threat than a St4 one. Wolves are all about strategic blitzing - crowd surfing, pushing players next to a MB wight/golem, blitzing then dodging away into safety, clearing paths and so on. Ag4 lets you get where you need to be, and with natural Ag access you can look forward to dodge (and possibly leap) in the future. On top of that it makes scoring quickly much easier when you need to.

I'd seriously consider dodge as his next skill rather than block, and juggs if you roll a double rather than MB (I'd probably also get the second ghoul before the second wolf - you want blodge on this guy ASAP so he'd be stealing SPP from the other wolf for a very long time. Ghouls are cheaper and come with dodge anyway). Either way he'll need protecting, he's an unbelievably precious asset.

20phoenix
11-03-2013, 12:10 AM

Pfft come back to me when you have an AG5 wolf. Then we'll talk

JayTee
11-03-2013, 12:32 AM
Division L

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=218904&lang=en&bg=orca

Overall a fair reflection of the match in the scoreline, both teams suffering some horrible luck at various points. GWWP get a merc Linerat as their roster was down to 10men, and grab 2 Babes with the 100k in inducements.

The first half was reasonably stale, with neither team achieving much except handing out some pain. The Heroes lose 2 Hobgoblins to KOs while GWWP lost 2 GRs and 2 Linerats to KOs, and a further Linerat takes an MNG. Said Linerat is clearly cursed already having a -AG on him, but that's what Linerats are there for eh? Both teams have chances to score in the first half, the Heroes lost the ball to an excellent cage break (Set up by a Centaur failing a GFI) but some lucky manoeuvring and a 1D Skull from GWWP popped the ball free. The Heroes attempt a fairly nutty play, grabbing the ball with a Centaur and running up most of the field to attempt a Quick Pass to a free Hobgoblin for the TD but again the Centaur fails the first GFI. GWWP then get a chance, dodging a GR free to grab the ball but a fumbled pass spills the ball at his feet and the whistle goes with the score still 0-0.

Both Hobgoblins decide to be lazy and stay sleeping, while 3 GWWP rats wake up but helpfully a GR stays behind to guard the dugout so both teams start the second half only fielding 10 players. GWWP's first drive goes largely to plan and another failed GFI from a Centaur makes it easy for a GR to run in the well played TD. The GR and one of the Hobgoblins wake up so both teams are back up to 11 players, however this drive from the Heroes goes very well. Despite a kick placing the ball on the endzone a Hobgoblin grabs the ball and successfully passes to another Hobgoblin who runs upfield, minimising the yardage lost from the kick. The rest of the drive is largely a grind as the Heroes pushed their way through the Skaven line, a couple of KOs help thin the line and the Hobgoblin carrier runs in the equaliser on the final whistle.

GWWP grab MVP on their rookie Stormvermin, and the Heroes MVP lands on a Hobgoblin.

Phew! Thought that first half had got away from me, that damned Centaur failing a simple GFI opened up the cage and nearly did me in but I got really lucky with the Blitz and Sadface helpfully rolled up a Skull when trying to knock away a marker. Pity neither team's crazyelfball plays worked out but that's Bloodbowl. Second half was as expected, with the rats running in a nice TD that I somewhat setup myself through positioning but it left plenty of time on the clock for an equaliser. I pondered at the last point risking a handoff to a Centaur, I had re-rolls to spare, to get some SPPs on it but I figured SPPs on a Hobgoblin is equally useful.

The stats show the obnoxious D6 dice I had, with 11/43 rolls being a 1! Equally though Sadface had some terrible Block dice, 18/55 being a Skull.

Everblue
11-03-2013, 01:44 PM
A lot of strong norse coaches advocate taking mighty blow first on the ulfwerner anyway. To consider turning it down on a werewolf is madness.

Block is one of those skills like guard that I often see people take without question, but the more I play the game (still only a year) I wonder whether they are as necessary as everyone makes out.

Block, for example, is invaluable on a lineman or, well, a blocker, but a luxury on a blitzer.